Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Winding Road

    Anna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake up to the sound of children running around, their feet seeming to glide as they performed their morning duties. In your stay with Olivia, this is the first time you've seen them so energetic. They are eagerly preparing for the arrival of their parents, those that were still alive.
    The children run around the house, all the while talking in what passes as a whisper to children, but is perfectly audible from a distance. Even though you can hear it, the children are running around so much that you can't string together a coherent phrase. "I'll get the...", "...we want to surprise...", "...to wake her up..."
    You can smell something cooking in the kitchen. Olivia's probably making something special for the harvest festival tonight.

    Osha:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are on the hill overlooking your campsite, having kept watch since long before dawn. The young kobold who had stumbled into your camp last night still hadn't run away. He was rather hysterical last night, and when he walked into your camp, you were ready to cut him down where he stood. Hansi immediately offered him a bowl of stew. After he ate his fill, he immediately fell asleep.
    You look to the east, to your old home, to the sun that is now peeking out from the horizon. It's time to get moving. You only have four miles left to walk, and you want to get to Hillingshire early so you can find a well-paying group that is leaving after the festival. Your group is starting to stir. You'd better make sure your customer doesn't get in over his head with the kobold.

    Charlize:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look into the east, into the light autumnal wind that has blown since the group set up camp. They say that they'll arrive at Hillingshire early in the day, and you can see the tower that stands over the village. It is the only man-made structure you can see in any direction. The darkness starts to lift as the world around you is bathed in sunlight. The resulting contrast of the light and the shadows it produces makes the landscape appear much more sinister than it appeared in the dead of night.
    Your moonlight hair blows in the breeze toward the camp you left behind for private meditation. You should probably get back to them before you make another scene like you did in Stalewater.

    Fle:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After joining the caravan in Muntoras, you made your rounds, determining which of the group would be good marks. You knew enough to stay well away from the caravan guards. Among some of the marks you had picked were a couple of cider brewers from Muntoras who were bringing a wagonfull of barrels of cider to the harvest festival, a man from overseas who was heading toward the capital to find something that he lost, and an elf who had lost her memories.
    As you made your rounds this morning, checking who was awake, who was asleep, and whose purse was too heavy, you noted that, as she had the two mornings before that the elf had left the group. You knew she would come back. It was just a matter of time.

    Hansi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake up to the sensation that your mule is chewing your boot again. You take that boot off, and prepare a feedbag for your mule. You exchange a feedbag for your boot, and the mule accepts. As you put on your boot, you think of the situation you just escaped. Even though you had put four days between yourself and your father, you just wouldn't feel safe until you had left the country.
    You walk over to the kobold you had taken care of last night. You decide to wait next to him until he wakes up.

    Sin Je:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look at the pair of travellers. They were making something delicious, and you could smell it. It was against clan rule for you to even approach a group of strangers, but you had already broken clan rule earlier that day. As a youth, according to rule, you should have run from the murderer to warn the rest of the clan. Clan rule was strict, and if you returned home having disobeyed, even if you had successfully dealt with the problem, you would be severely punished. Everything you had done to break clan rule would be done to you. Specifically, you killed the murderer, and in order to satisfy the rule, you would be killed.
    You decide it would be better to trust these travellers than the wilds. As you bravely walk in, shaking all the way, one of them starts to pull her sword on you. You close your eyes, frozen in place by fear. When you open them, the other one is holding a bowl of stew in front of you. Still shaking from fright, you accept the bowl and sit. After eating your fill, you fall into a comatose state.
    You wake up to the nice one sitting next to you.

    Elastial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After your trip, rallying the houses to the service of their master, you arrive in Hillingshire. You pass the letter on to the innkeeper of the Hillingshire Inn, ready to do the job he instructs you to do, and he tells you to stay the night, and that you can do the job tomorrow.
    You walk up to your room in the Northern corner of the second story. The floors are all clean, and the building is very well maintained. It is a cathartic experience, bringing back memories of your time at the barracks in the temple of Pelor. From the time you were a squire, cleaning up the barracks of the more veteran paladins, to the time you occupied such a barracks, they were always immaculately cleaned. You decide it is fine to put off your mission until tomorrow and indulge in your memories of younger days.
    Last edited by Diful Takveh; 2013-03-10 at 12:25 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Bladehunter217's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    FLE

    Fle scampers around the camp, avoiding the guards when possible and strolling past, not to quickly, when that is not an option. The first stop is to see if the cider brewers are awake, if they are, have a chat about the harvest festival that is coming up. If not, then maybe see how well they did in the last town, if their business made any profit.

    I'm back.


  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Charlize Iceleaf, outside camp

    They will not be missing me, she thinks to herself. I will return once I have prepared my spells for the day. She opens the tome that had been left to her, and flips through the few pages that were filled. Mere cantrips, she thinks ruefully, and a few low level spells. If only I had been left with more... Nevertheless, she enters a state of zen and studies the spellbook, choosing a number of spells and letting their powers flow into her mind.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Preparing Spells:

    0th Level: Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost, Light, Flare, Resistance.

    1st Level: Comprehend Languages, Mage Armor, Grease, Expeditious Retreat


    As she finishes her preparations, her viper slides from her bag, lazily wrapping it around her forearm. She strokes it absentmindedly as she enjoys the quiet for a moment longer. Then, satisfied, she pushes herself to her feet with her quarterstaff, and strolls back to camp, ready for another day.
    Last edited by OhMyGodImOnFire; 2013-03-10 at 03:08 PM.
    Caution: Deviance Ahead.
    Sarcasm. Sincerity. Nitpick.

    Avatar by yours truly!

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Hearing the children, a smile creeps across Anna's face. She rises from bed and swiftly dresses herself. With a brief prayer to the Ruby Goddess in thanks for a new day, she retrieves her holy symbol and goes out to greet the new day, and to find something constructive to do; her morning prayers always seemed more meaningful when she was not otherwise idle. Death, after all, does not tarry and neither should the living.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Elastial

    Elastial takes in the memories for a moment, then puts his back pack down by the counter. He walks back outside to tend to his horse, Shadow. When he got here, he did not know if he would be right back in the saddle, so his steed had waited. Now that he knew he was staying, very little could keep Elastial from his duty towards his noble friend.

    Elastial leads Shadow to the stables and then relieves her of her saddle. He waters her and makes sure that she has her choice of hay and oats. Then he starts combing her down. The groom had offered, but Elastial liked to do this himself if he didn't have more pressing business. It built a bond between steed and rider, and that bond had saved Elastial's life many times in the past. It was not to be overlooked.

    After Shadow is well taken care of and settled, Elastial goes back to his room. It is time to thank Pelor for a day well spent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that the Hillingshire Inn has stables, but I don't see those on the map. Would I have to go to The Slumbering Behemoth to take care of Shadow?

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Fle:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Whitebirches are not awake yet, but they have been selling quite a bit of cider during the caravan trip over. They are saving two barrels for the harvest festival. You know Blaire Whitebirch counts the money every night and keeps an accurate running total of all profits made during the trip. If you were to steal from them, you would need to leave quickly before Andrew Whitebirch came after you.

    Charlize:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You enjoy the sights and sounds of the new day on your way back to camp. The birds sing a familiar tune, one you can vaguely remember. You were right about camp. There were very few people who were awake, and those that were were in no mood to question your absence. You could see the halfling poking his head around in the Whitebirches' tent again.

    Anna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As soon as you get out of bed, you hear the sound of feet running from your room. You can hear the children whispering, "She's up! She's up!" You open your door, to see Rachel standing there waiting for you. She is about five years old with short, straight light-brown hair and blue eyes. Unlike most of the children here, she had lost both her parents. Because of this, she had taken to you as a sister. She is normally a very tidy girl, but today, she has cleaned herself even more than usual, wearing some new ribbons in her hair. She beams at you, "Good morning, Anna. How are you today?" She starts leading you toward the kitchen.

    Elastial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You return to your room, and sleep until morning. You ask the innkeeper if he's ready to give the job yet. "It's not time yet. Why don't you go around town and see if anyone needs help setting up for the festival? The clerics of Fharlanghn always get in over their heads with preparations, so I'd check the temple next door. I'll send a boy to find you when it's time."
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no formal stable, but the Inn keeps horses at the trade depot. (Bldg. 3) There are also horse posts outside.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Bladehunter217's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Fle

    If that is the case, it is time to check and see if the man from oversees is awake and see how he is doing.

    I'm back.


  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Charlize Iceleaf, camp

    Smiling, Charlize whistles along to the tune, trying to remember where she remembered it. She realizes that this is become a habit. A side effect of amnesia, probably. She sits, and thinks of what she knows of the members of this small caravan.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Local) check?: (1d20+7)[12]
    Caution: Deviance Ahead.
    Sarcasm. Sincerity. Nitpick.

    Avatar by yours truly!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gem_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A Soul Sucking Small Town
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Quote Originally Posted by Diful Takveh View Post
    Sin Je:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look at the pair of travellers. They were making something delicious, and you could smell it. It was against clan rule for you to even approach a group of strangers, but you had already broken clan rule earlier that day. As a youth, according to rule, you should have run from the murderer to warn the rest of the clan. Clan rule was strict, and if you returned home having disobeyed, even if you had successfully dealt with the problem, you would be severely punished. Everything you had done to break clan rule would be done to you. Specifically, you killed the murderer, and in order to satisfy the rule, you would be killed.
    You decide it would be better to trust these travellers than the wilds. As you bravely walk in, shaking all the way, one of them starts to pull her sword on you. You close your eyes, frozen in place by fear. When you open them, the other one is holding a bowl of stew in front of you. Still shaking from fright, you accept the bowl and sit. After eating your fill, you fall into a comatose state.
    You wake up to the nice one sitting next to you.
    Sin Je wakes up. His first thoughts are filled with terror as he jolts up to a sitting position. "AAHHH!" He screams out in terror, in his semi-awake state he could almost feel the arrow piercing his flesh. He grabbed at his chest where there was no wound. He breathes heavily for a moment as what really happened the day before returns to him. Only then he finally notices the nice person near him.
    "You fed Sin Je? Why you adventurer's nice? Sin Je always hear adventurer's kill kobolds like baeshra?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Baeshra is Draconic for animal.
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born


    "Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Quite well, Rachel, thank you. You're looking radiant today, what's the occasion? she says happily, following the girl.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bowbreaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    HQ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Hearing the kobold's screetch, I immediately turn around from my watchpost and set an arrow on my bow, but as I hear him asking all his questions I warilly lower my weapon. Those are pretty good questions...
    "We should get going, now that your pets awake."
    Last edited by Bowbreaker; 2013-03-10 at 06:19 PM.
    78.8% of statistics are made up. If you're one of the 13% that agree, copy and paste this into your signature.
    @Julian928: Nothing personal.
    What was your first made up statistic?
    I wanted to do this for a while now.
    Mine was for a parody bandwagon signature on this forum.
    Your signature just reminded me of that.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    sparky9042's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    After feeding the mule, Hansi sits down next to the sleeping kobold and begins poking the embers of last night's fire with a long stick until the kobold rises in fright.

    "You fed Sin Je? Why you adventurer's nice? Sin Je always hear adventurer's kill kobolds like baeshra?"

    "We should get going, now that your pets awake."

    Hansi smiles. "Baeshra? He furrows his brow for a moment, being unfamiliar with Draconic, but lets it pass. To be honest, you looked like you could use the food. And I'm not about to go killing some harmless-looking kobold. Poor guy looks like he's totally lost," he says, now turning to face Osha, "but you're right, we should get going. He looks back at the kobold "By the way, my name's Hansi, and she's Osha. We're heading to Hillingshire at the moment, it's just west of here. As far as I know if you stick with one of us you should be in good shape."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    I hope this doesn't take too long. Well, I might as well make myself useful why I wait. Elastial thinks to himself.

    Leaving much of his gear in his room, Elastial first goes to check on Shadow, making sure he is settled for the day. When he is assured of this fact, Elastial goes to the priests. "I hear you might be in need of some able hands. I might not be as spry as I once was, but I'm willing to lend a hand if you have honest work that needs to be done. A festival can be a lot of work."

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gem_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A Soul Sucking Small Town
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Quote Originally Posted by sparky9042 View Post
    Hansi smiles. "Baeshra? He furrows his brow for a moment, being unfamiliar with Draconic, but lets it pass. To be honest, you looked like you could use the food. And I'm not about to go killing some harmless-looking kobold. Poor guy looks like he's totally lost," he says, now turning to face Osha, "but you're right, we should get going. He looks back at the kobold "By the way, my name's Hansi, and she's Osha. We're heading to Hillingshire at the moment, it's just west of here. As far as I know if you stick with one of us you should be in good shape."
    Sin Je looks down, embarrassed, "Sin Je is lost, Sin Je was not the scout of group, Sin Je was new, and not know way home. Probably better that way anyway, Sin Je will get blamed for what happened anyway," he adds that last bit with a more than fair amount of hurt in his voice- enough so even someone not familiar with Kobold or Draconic body language should probably pick up on it. "Sin Je is dead to clan now, Je clan will not be happy with Sin Je."

    Sin Je gets up, "Yes, Sin Je should probably go with Human Hansi, probably safer. The odds Sin Je will find another Adventurer that not try to kill him is slim..."

    He gets up and ready to follow. Cramming his few possessions into his small backpack.
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born


    "Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Fle:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Menarh is awake, and is packing up his few belongings. He spots you immediately as you walk in, and stops packing. "How may I help you?" His Intuneric is rather good for a foreigner. He motions for you to have a seat on the ground, and he does likewise. "Would you like some tea? I just finished brewing it, and would love to share it with someone."

    Charlize:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be more of a Gather Information check to know who's who, so you would get a 5, but I'll also add your local check bonus to people who are advertising, (like the Whitebirches.)
    You don't know much about the group, but you know a little of the ones you do.
    The Whitebirches run a very successful cider industry from Muntoras, selling cider throughout Intunercale.
    Menarh ibn Seyd al-Ashem is from abroad, from what you know of his title, in Intuneric, he could be called "The Raven." - The halfling has entered his tent now.
    The main caravan is part of the Endless Wagon trading company. They pass through Hillingshire for the harvest every year, and provide protection to those who wish to visit the village to celebrate the harvest in the city of their ancestor, Sir Hill, who cleared out the wilds and enabled the growth of their empire.

    Sin Je, Osha, and Hansi:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sun continues to rise on the group. Osha knows that if they don't start out soon that all the good clients will already be taken.

    Anna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rachel keeps leading Anna toward the kitchen, The other kids are getting ready for their parents to come home. I know mine aren't coming home. I just don't want anyone to be sad today, so I'm going to be strong and pretty just like you." She twirls and spins to get the kitchen door. She knocks lightly on it behind her back. You hear shuffling in the kitchen. The door opens behind her to reveal what the children had been working on all morning. There is a table in the center of the room with a variety of handheld items, from ribbons to vegetables. Lyle was at the stove, preparing what smelled like a wonderful vegetable stew. All of the children but Lyle stood in front of the table and yelled, Happy first harvest, Anna!"

    Elastial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the priests stops his work to answer you, "Right now we're working on the banner that we're stretching from the Church's dairy to the school. Do you think you could help us get it up to the Church's roof after we get it on the roof of the school?"
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bowbreaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    HQ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    I holster my bow and the arrow I drew, pack in my blanket and, assuming that everyone else has gotten ready too, walk towards Hillingshire, staying to the right and slightly behind Sin Je and Hansi, so that I am able to observe any shenanigans the Kobold might pull.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that between Sin Je waking up screaming and him starting to pack his belongings no 10 minutes have past, right?
    Last edited by Bowbreaker; 2013-03-10 at 06:40 PM.
    78.8% of statistics are made up. If you're one of the 13% that agree, copy and paste this into your signature.
    @Julian928: Nothing personal.
    What was your first made up statistic?
    I wanted to do this for a while now.
    Mine was for a parody bandwagon signature on this forum.
    Your signature just reminded me of that.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    A pang of heartache crosses Anna's chest at Rachel's words, adoring the girl's positivity in a way that she could only admire.

    When the door opens her eyes widen in surprise. These children never failed to give her hope for the future, and it seemed they never would. Quickly regaining her composure, Anna smiles broadly as she realizes how much work had to go into all this. I love all you kids so much I can't stand it! Stay perfect forever! she shouts jovially, picking Rachel and two others in a swift motion, hugging them tightly before putting them down. What's this you're making, Lyle? It smells delightful!
    Last edited by Saskia; 2013-03-10 at 07:48 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Realizing that a group of successful cider merchants would not only be informative, but also likely sociable, Charlize decides this is the best way to go. When she approaches the Whitebirches' tent, however, she realizes she does not know the proper etiquette for announcing her arrival. Knocking on a tent flap would simply be silly, she thinks to herself wryly. Instead, she imitates the halfling who had entered not long before her, gently sliding inside as the flaps hissed silently against her cloth robes.

    Inside, she takes in all details of the tent as her eyes slowly adjust to the slightly dimmer interior.
    Last edited by OhMyGodImOnFire; 2013-03-10 at 09:23 PM.
    Caution: Deviance Ahead.
    Sarcasm. Sincerity. Nitpick.

    Avatar by yours truly!

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Osha & co.:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You make your way to Hillingshire, walking at your current pace, it'll take two hours as long as the mule cooperates.

    Anna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lyle is only 15, but he is one of the best cooks you know. His normally messy hair is combed neatly, and his clothes have been recently mended. He looks up from the stew, "I'm making some vegetable chowder with some milk the Churches sent over and vegetables and herbs from our garden. It's almost done. Why don't you go sit down at the table and look through your gifts?"

    Charlize:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyGodImOnFire View Post
    Inside, she takes in all details of the tent as her eyes slowly adjust to the slightly dimmer interior. She spots the halfling and a man addressing him, and politely awaits her turn.
    The halfling is in Menarh's tent at the moment.
    The halfling must have slipped out while you weren't looking. The Whitebirches are asleep. Their tent is attached to the side of their wagon, acting as more of an overhand than a proper tent. Their sleeping bags are next to the wall that is made by their wagon, the words Whitebirch Cider plastered above their heads. The woman is waking up now. She has a small figure, about five feet tall. Her long black hair is a mess, as she has just woken up. She sees you, "What are you doing in here?" She wakes up her husband, and he grumbles, What is it woman?" "The elf is in our tent." The man rolls over onto his side. He is very broad shouldered. You can tell he is used to carrying around barrels of cider. "Does she want some cider?" "I think she wants our gold." "You think everyone wants our gold, woman. Go outside and get some air while I see what this lass wants." The woman exits the tent, giving you a death glare as she walks past. The man stands up, and walks over, easily towering over you. "I'm Andrew Whitebirch, what can I do for you?"
    Last edited by Diful Takveh; 2013-03-10 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Color Change
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Bladehunter217's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Fle
    "Oh, i certainly couldn't complain about a spot of tea." Fle paused for a moment before continuing, as if focusing on the reason he came. "I heard you were looking for something at the capitol and i must admit i was a little curious about your story. I grew up in the capitol and was wondering if you had a good story to tell."
    Last edited by Bladehunter217; 2013-03-10 at 09:31 PM.

    I'm back.


  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Fle:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man pours you a cup of tea. "My master visited your empire a little while ago, and while he was here, he lost something dear to him. Unfortunately, before he could find it, matters of state called him back overseas. I was dispatched here to find it. Unfortunately, my master has forbidden me from giving specific detail to alelsews." He adds when he realizes you don't understand, "Thieves." He finishes his tea and pours himself another cup. "Now, why don't you tell me your story."
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Elastial.

    I can certainly try. That's all a man can promise. But I'm sure with some effort, and Pelor aiding my old bones, we can get this done.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Elastial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You follow the priest to the Church residence. He points to the school roof, then toward a metal pole sticking out of the roof. "After we drop the banner from the roof over there, you'll need to climb up there and attach it to that pole." He hands you the ladder he carried from the temple. The priest then enters the school with the banner. You have a minute or so before he gets to the roof.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    sparky9042's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Hansi walks with his companions, audibly humming aloud with the sun on his back. Eventually, he pauses his improvised humming and glances at Sin Je. "So, last night...what happened to you?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the sun rises in the east and sets in the west in this world.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gem_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A Soul Sucking Small Town
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Sin Je pauses when asked. His whole body shivers for a moment. "Death. Death happened." He looks down. "We were on patrol, an elf came, alone save for the psudodragon we later saw crawl out of his bag when we actually wounded him so as to deliver a potion to him. He shot at us with a bow as big as he was. When it looked like we might flank him, he drank down a potion and took to the skies. And when all hope seemed lost," he took out his handax. "I managed to slay him with this, after he fell all my companions my ax saw true to his skull, even with him flying out of reach. Even then, it took three strike to fell him." He sniffles a little bit, not crying but just scared, "I thought I was gonna die, and even after I lived, I thought maybe somehow it was a trick, an illusion, and I was truly already dead."

    "It feels somewhat wrong that I might live while the others died..."

    He continues to walk alongside the human.
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born


    "Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    sparky9042's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Hansi's expression changes from one of inquiry to one of sympathy for the kobold as he finishes his story. "Wow...that's... that's a lot to go through. But...to say it feels wrong to be alive?" Hansi pauses as he looks skyward. "Yeah, you did get lucky. But..you're alive. You've got another chance. The way I see it, the best way to honor the dead is by living to the best of your abilities." He looks back down at the kobold, "Tell you what. When we reach town, I'll buy us a round of drinks, and we'll toast your departed friends. It's a common custom where I'm from," Hansi adds, realizing he doesn't know much of kobold society.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2012

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Gifts? She looks back at the table and takes a seat. Oh wow.
    Last edited by Saskia; 2013-03-11 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Misspelled "seat".

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    GMT -4 b/c DST
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Anna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the table are a small bag, 3 carrots, two white lace ribbons, and a woven sash. Robert immediately chimes in, "I gathered the nuts with Arthur." He is, of course, talking about Arthur Schram the woodsman. His twin sister, Elizabeth adds in, "And I grew and picked the carrots from the garden." The twins, about eight years old, are also neat today. Robert, however, has a smudge of dirt under his right eye. Elizabeth, on the other hand, is perfectly dressed with no blemishes whatsoever. Saffron picks up the ribbons and starts tying them in your hair, "I made these for you so that you can find someone to love." Saffron is about 16 years old. She is the oddball here in that both of her parents were still alive. They decided it would be best if she stayed in the main village so she could find a suitable (rich) husband. "And the sash is from me." Caitie is 18, the oldest of the group, and the granddaughter of Olivia. Like Rachel, she had lost both her parents, but she had been too young to remember them. She's rather bossy, so the children were relieved when you came to help out. Rachel hugs you and looks you in the eyes. "My present isn't ready yet. I'm sorry you have to wait."
    Last edited by Diful Takveh; 2013-07-06 at 01:13 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Bowbreaker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    HQ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    A good occasion for a round of drinks is always something appreciable.
    "And if after that you still think its wrong to live, I can help you with that." I joke, trying to bring a bit of humor into the situation.
    Last edited by Bowbreaker; 2013-03-11 at 08:30 AM.
    78.8% of statistics are made up. If you're one of the 13% that agree, copy and paste this into your signature.
    @Julian928: Nothing personal.
    What was your first made up statistic?
    I wanted to do this for a while now.
    Mine was for a parody bandwagon signature on this forum.
    Your signature just reminded me of that.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Bladehunter217's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Winding Road

    Fle
    "I Grew up in that city, an orphan on the streets. Life was hard and its tends to be tricky to learn a new trade, I've been considering returning to my home, if you will, but I'm not quite welcome as you might have noticed. I have no shame for how I've lived, I've done as necessary, al though i can happily say that i have never stolen from someone who needed the money more than I." Fle sipped at the tea, not a very big fan, but refusing to offend a man who knew of his trade so easily.

    I'm back.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •