Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Feat: Dragon's Tail Strike

Dragon's Tail Strike (General)

You have learned to use the Chain and Spiked Chain as double weapons.

Prerequisites: BAB +4, Dex 15, Exotic WP/Chain or Spiked Chain, Two Weapon Fighting or Flurry of Blows

Benefit: You may choose to use the Chain or Spiked Chain as either a double weapon or reach weapon. If you choose to use one as a double weapon, you may not use it as a reach weapon until your next turn (and vice versa). The off-hand strike is considered a light weapon. A monk with this feat treats these weapons as special monk weapons.

Normal: You may choose to use the Chain or Spiked Chain as reach or normal weapons, but not as double weapons.

Special: A fighter may choose this as one of his fighter bonus feats.
    Bwaha! I have deep-seated emotional problems! Die! Die! Die!

Games Workshop: Miniatures First. Rules Second. Clarity Last

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Feat: Dragon's Tail Strike

I think spiked chains are already pretty broken as is, and I'm not sure I'd like to see more to make them better... Even IF this requires a feat.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

this sounds like a weapon style feat, from Cwar. make it clearer that the weapon is unable to strike at its full length.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsaline View Post
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ha! In Oriental Adventures the spiked chain, and variations of it were all double weapon/reach weapon choosable.

Anyway, seems fine to me. Aside from the spiked chain being rediculously popular for an exotic weapon.

Tangent: we need a martial spiked chain equivalent. Guess what? by following the implicit weapon point system, triping and bonus to disarm are 1 point each, so we can drop both of those, and still have a point left over for the martial weapon. So we get.....2d4/19-20 reach that can hit adjacent.............. hey look, that's better than a longsword........

Wow, that turned into a near-flame fast. Anyway, the feat's fine, you could even make it a house rule if you wanted. The number of prerequisites at least seperates it from the basic exotic proficiency. I'm going to bed now.
    Attention Imgur Users! Imgur apparently doesn't like hosting images anymore and only works in certain places or for people who already have the image cached: No one can see your avatars or images!
    Also Photobucket users? Don't know if it's a bandwidth or region lock or something, but I'm seeing some avatars blurred out with a watermark that looks like the photobucket icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Ha! In Oriental Adventures the spiked chain, and variations of it were all double weapon/reach weapon choosable.
    That's fine for OA ... IF the DM chooses to use that rule. In other campaigns this is still a useful feat. In fact, people from non-oriental campaigns have suggested to me that it's TOO useful, too powerful.
    Bwaha! I have deep-seated emotional problems! Die! Die! Die!

Games Workshop: Miniatures First. Rules Second. Clarity Last