New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

frown Gestalt Barbarian/totemist build

hey all, i posted awhile back about what would be some good magic items for this character considering hes using the girallon arms etc from totemist handbook build thats popular and i was told to try to get items that would help bypass dr, such as ring of adamantine touch etc
    Well now i need help with feats. He is currently an azurin(wouldnt let me be a monstrous huminoid) Barbarian 5/Fighter 1/ Frenzied Berserker 3//Totemist 9.
    He currently has: cobalt rage,expanded soulmeld capacity, power attack, cleave, destructive rage, intimidating rage, mad foam rager.
    I just hit lvl 9 and i'm currently considering shocktrooper, leap attack, or double chakra bind. I also saw some interesting onces called spring attack/bounding assault/rapid blitz but i dont think it fits with this character. Anybpdy have any ideas which one i should take or ideas on one i havnt considered?
    We are currently playing a 4 man campaign with a shadowcaster//rogue, dragonshaman//generalist wizard, and as party lead cleric/monk. im the main melee/heavy hitter atm. Also everytime we happen to have combat the Dm seems to have 1 or two heavy duty fights each ingame day so we almost always exhaust ourselves after each fight so we have to wait 24 hours to restore our spells etc.
    I was stocking up on strength items until i realized that all the other attacks besides the main ones have 1/2 strength bonus modifiers instead of the 100% of the main one. I dont think i thought this character out very well and any ideas on how i should continue to build him would be appreciated, o btw his current strength without rage/frenzy is 25 :D, and oddly enough, he has some how become the comic relief, what with the flaws ditzy and curious.
    If u guys need a more indepth look at my character to make more informed decisions, let me know(and tell me what is the best way to post the character since i have never done so before.)
    Last edited by Huskergamer; 2013-03-23 at 01:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt Barbarian/totemist build

I mean, there's not much you can do to get around the reduced damage with secondary natural attacks. You're still going to hit like a truck with a ton of natural attacks, though, so it's not like it's a bad thing to build like that. It's one of the limitations of being a heavy melee natural attacker.

Maybe buying nothing but STR steroid items isn't the right idea, but it can't hurt to keep focusing on making your attacks as brutal as possible.

I think you should post more fine details on the character, just in case there's more we can do with it, but I think you're building fine so far.