New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,484 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 12

Lotus Gardens - Magtok

"Yes, I get it, you're the guide. You only need to say that once, Rebecca." Magtok rolls his eyes. Just how stupid does this stranger think he is? "And please tell me you're joking. If Sarah is sane, I don't want to know what mental illness looks like around here."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Lotus Gardens - Magtok

For a moment, there's a flash of dissapointment, quickly replaced by renewed amusement in Rebecca's eyes. "And trust me, you don't have to worry about seeing what passes for insanity." She looks like she wants to continue, but instead motions for Magtok to follow her as she turns and starts up the Temple steps.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #1473

Lotus Gardens - Magtok

"You weren't at that Skyside thing, were you? Yeah, I think so. The voice is vaguely familiar. I think there's an AMENite who could pass for your sister, too. What was her name..." Well of course there's an AMENite who could, Magtok. You're looking at her right n-

"Ivaz! That's right, Ivaz, if she dyed her hair darker. She has eyes full of crazy like yours."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir;15999878.

[B
    AMENside - Defence[/B]

Cleggs all around attack may be something bad for AMEN. As his canons shoot around they likely hit the area around Zefir's building, which means they hit some of the mines. So the shots cause some extra explosions. Now people know that there are mines....

[DMside -AMENside - Edge]

As the explosions in AMENside start, this area got evacuated. People will be brought outside or into one of the other sides of Riverside.

As the ship enters into AMENside something in DMside got prepared. A big caonon like structure, which was build against the ship and other aircrafts in generell, rise up. Mia and some of her acolyts stand nearby as the cannon comes into life.

"Fellowers, AMENside seems to be in a fight. We don't know who exactly attacks them or if they just fight each other.
    Deus Mechanicus allowed me to join in, since the fight of AMEN close to our border is likely to harm ourself. With this we will make ourself known and rise the name of Deus mechanicus.
    Fire the Cannon and then rise the shield."

The cannon starts moving, aiming at the green cloud. The path from the cannon throught the cloud and a few meter after it (just in range) will be filled with white sparks. The sparks seem to just appear. Then the cannon shoots. The path will appear in a bright white light when the sparks explode in a chain reaction.

Note: Shields still work, but the weapon is made to pass any physical material. Since they can't clearly see the ship as far as I understand it, the aiming isn't that well.

After the shot a shield is raised and the cannon appears red. The melat heats up so it needs a cool down.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Clarissaside - Sigmahhh!]

Oh my word!

Now this... This is not a development that Clarissa had anticipated. There are no less than fifty cannonballs pelting the earth around everyone like hail. Well, there shall be soon, but I'm getting ahead of myself again.

Shield bashing a mighty, bellicose, cornered demon-angel-goddess-monster-person in the head while being thrown to the ground in front of her with considerable force is a exceptional feat that would require dexterity galore! Clarissa is struck by the shield and, while it doesn't deal much damage to her, it does knock her off balance. Her plight is compounded by her giddiness. As the world spins before her eyes, she stumbles backwards several feet and falls upon her rear with cartoonish cries of "Woaaah!" and "Oof!" without any of the grace or elegance befitting a supernatural angel-demon-predator of her caliber.

This embarrassing display might in turn complicate targeting her with cannonballs as she staggers backward without any observable pattern whatsoever.

It wouldn't be easy hitting her with cannonballs in the first! Standard cannons are fixed in place on a ship, after all, so that they won't rocket backward with the recoil of firing the instrument of death and crush the cannoneers. Therefore, the skilled undead cannoneers in zombie pirate LeClegg's employ probably won't be able to all fire at Clarissa unless they fire one by one instead of firing everything in a single destructive volley of death. Additionally, as there is no rifling in the barrel of a standard cannon (as far as I am aware) and Clegg's zombie crew members aren't firing anti-personnel shot (grapeshot) at Clarissa, the statistical probability of any of the cannonballs hitting Clarissa is likely extremely low, if their cannonballs were allowed to hit the powdery ground around Clarissa, I mean.

Fun fact: cannonballs were effective weapons against large groups of people because the momentum of the cannonball would transfer to the bone of the skeletal system of whoever it hit and cause them to explode, shooting bone shrapnel into everyone unlucky enough to be standing near the guy the cannonball actually smashed into.

Without warning, eight colossal black tentacles ascend from a section of the bubbling lava encircling the arena. Thankfully, the tentacles aren't surrounding the arena so whatever abomination they are connected to won't be bursting out of the ground under anyone's feet. What's more, four of the tentacles dive back into the lava seconds after they are visible. The behemoth's four remaining tentacles are assigned no more than two tasks telepathically by Clarissa, which they diligently attempt to carry out without any delay or hesitation whatsoever.

One of the tentacles forcibly appropriates a gold plated wall of Clarissa's nearby fiery temple before attempting to use it as a paddle in the world's biggest game of ping pong, swatting at any cannonballs that could potentially crush Clarissa in order to deflect them, possibly smacking Andy if she is riding her cannonball all the way to the ground. The other three begin attempting to flog the bagpipes to death, kicking up a huge cloud of fine black suffocating powder that isn't healthy to breathe but isn't so fine that it'd pass through the simplest of filters and that, with the aid of the cannonballs, envelops the battlefield in an instant.

Die bagpipes! Die!

As if that blinding, suffocating black powder environmental effect isn't incapacitating enough, Clegg's squall of rain produces scalding clouds of steam that might make it difficult to safely abseil onto the battlefield upon contact with Clarissa's lava. Depending on how low the airship is floating, the steam might even affect the ship's flight somehow!
    Clegg glowers in rage as his volley of cannonballs do absolutely nothing but cloud up the air. Oh well, The Crone's Claw was still hidden underneath the massive green fog, hiding the ship from anyone's view. As for the cannon from Deus Ex Machina, it misses. There's no way it can get a shot to hit, for Clegg came into the fight expecting to be attacked, and so he made it storm and fog. So between the heavy rain, and the massive amounts of green fog flying everywhere, it's nigh impossible to hit. The perfect tactical position for Clegg. The Undead Captain raises his fist again, shouting out, FIRE, ye beggarly bunch of bones, slice their weak mortal flesh to ribbons! FIRE THE SHRAPNEL SHOTS, AND PREPARE THE MAW. The Maw was the massive cannon on the front of the ship, on deck. This huge thing could swivel and turn. It was a huge cannon, and it was built on top of the deck nearest to the front. This cannon turns to face DMside, and after a few seconds, fires. The massive projectile is meant to take down enemy ships in one big flaming shot. The cannon ball is shot, on fire, and as soon as it hits something, the huge thing will explode, sending shrapnel everywhere and probably smashing buildings.

At the same time, Clegg orders firing of the fifty shrapnel cannons on AMENside, sending a hailstorm of jagged metal and glass down on the HALOites and Clarissa. It is storming, which makes the shrapnel spread, so it will effect a large area. At the same time, the other fifty cannons on the other side are fired, sending cannonballs smashing out there as well, probably decimating a few buildings. Blow them all to HELL! BUAHAHAHAH!!

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fourth Tower

"Truth?" Okay. So if this thing isn't a camera, it's a security measure of some sort. And he has no idea what it's looking for. "Is there a salute these guys do, or something?" He tries the first of the doors on the left, looking inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Outside Eastside Hospital

Talaitha isn't new to the needs of spirits, even serving as an oracle from time to time for them, but this was quite powerful. While she's not overwhelmed, she is staggered and pushed back. The elf will see her pale slightly and shake her head, trying to clear it. "It is...it is much worse than I thought. There must be hundreds or thousands of them locked inside." She says with a frown, all joviality gone.
    Fourth Tower

As in I ask you a question and you answer it truthfully without hiding anything. I can tell such things. The voice replies.

He opens the door and finds an small office with a desk, a chair and some boxes in the corner of the room. There is a small window here from where he can see the alley he came from.

Otherwise he can't see anything special about this room.

Outside Eastside Hospital

Obriane blinks. Geez, this lady suddenly knew more than her about this huh? "How... well..." It takes a moment for her to reinsert herself. "Yes, that's why I told you it was dangerous." She finally states in a firm tone, like a teacher scolding a student. "In normal cases spirits around me attempt to interact with me somehow, either by possessing me or people around me. Now they can't possess me anymore but they could possess you. Or I thought they would. These spirits are obviously not acting on their own will. Something is holding them back, the demon."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Halfling in the Playground

[Creationside]

"...disappointing." Black does not look impressed. Well to be fair, very few creations are capable of ever looking impressed. "I will have to now disappoint you, then. There is to be no torture. There would have been no kidnapping, had Father believed it were possible to invite you here without such an invitation being discovered. And, of course, there is the question of whether you would have accepted such an invitation." The tone of Black's voice makes it quite clear that it doesn't believe for one second that simply asking Magtok over for a friendly chat would have worked.

A second chair rises out of the floor in a bizarrely...fluid manner, and Black sits down. "I do not believe Father has ever entertained fantasies of the sort you speak of. Until recently, he did not respect you enough to consider you a rival. He considered you a waste of his time. Now, though, you've done something that has restored his respect for you. You've impressed him, Magtok, that is why you are here. Oh, and I suppose I should remind you again that you're not talking to Affidavit right now. My mother is a dragon. Feel free to insult her at your leisure."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #1477

Creationside

"...A dragon? You mean Affidavit, and a big lizard, they-" The cyborg blinks, and the look on his face quickly shifts from cold defiance to revulsion and horror.

"Gods, I...I don't even know where to begin with that. Did he make himself a biological body just for Hannah, and then dumped Snow for Ms. Scales? Did she at least have the decency to switch to a human form, so they wouldn't have to...Oh lord, I don't think there's even a single building where you'd find space indoors in the Nexus to do that. They'd have to do it outside, in the wilderness somewhere. Thank goodness I didn't accidentally catch it on MagSat, that would've been..."

He shudders, not sure he could make a joke out of that anymore. What use is humor in a situation like this, when the reality is so horribly, horribly wrong?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #1478

[Creationside]

Were Black able to, it would surely be smirking right now. It is not as emotionless as the lesser examples of its kind though, and there is at least a small smile on its face. "Yes. Affidavit and a big lizard worked together on a project fusing science and magic together in an attempt to jump-start the next stage of creation evolution. That is what you were asking, wasn't it?"

Black leans a little closer.

...it's enjoying this.

"Now then, back to the matter at hand. Do you know what you might have done that impressed Affidavit?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #1479

Creationside

"Two smoking hot catgirls at the same time?" Magtok suggests. To be fair, if we were talking about anyone other than Affidavit, that would probably count as a valid answer.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #1480

[Creationside]

Why Magtok would even try something like that around a creation is a bit of a mystery.

Of course a creation would misinterpret it. He must've known that, right?

"I was unaware catgirls were considered a noteworthy dish amongst residents of the Nexus. Seems a bit closer to cannibalism than I'd have thought you'd like. We could surely track down a few catgirls and cook them so they have a hot smoky flavour if you wish, though."

...or perhaps Black is very much aware of what Magtok actually means. Rather hard to tell with a creation, nothing to pick up on to determine if they're lying.

"You killed a god, Magtok."

11. - Top - End - #1481

Creationside

"First things first, no. Generic prison gruel is fine. Or starving me to make me more inclined to tell you things, that works too. Second, she was already Death when I met her."

That...that was the stupidest pun I've ever heard, Magtok. I know you're deliberately trying to be annoy Black, but still, that was awful.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #1482

[Creationside]

"We don't have any gruel here. Nor is starving an option. Steak, perhaps? A lot of people like eating steak, don't they? Or is there something else you'd prefer?" Magtok's attempts to irritate Black seem only to be making the creation nicer.

Weird.

"We would prefer it if you enjoyed your stay here. I doubt we'll ever manage that but we can at least ensure you are well looked after. You know what god I'm actually referring to. I believe it all started because of some business with a goat, or something?"

13. - Top - End - #1483

Creationside

"He made it shoot out of my skull. I took it upon myself to do the same to him. I don't see how him being a god makes any difference at all." Magtok allows himself a small smirk, as if daring Black to say otherwise, to tell the cyborg exactly why what he did was impressive, and why we should all be celebrating Maggy's awesomeness for having done such a thing.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground