New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (3.X) (Creature) (Spell) Organ Undead, Nightmares of Anatomy (P.E.A.C.H.)

I suppose, you did ask for requests/suggestions though.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (3.X) (Creature) (Spell) Organ Undead, Nightmares of Anatomy (P.E.A.C.H.)

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    I suppose, you did ask for requests/suggestions though.
    That I did. (Well... technically I did and... it is complicated but it has all worked out for the best).
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Guess I get to fade into the background again and wait for some unsuspecting player to comment in your thread.

In any case though, the wings could be interesting. Slight air magic SLA, knock-back attacks, some good maneuverability, and multiple using it all at once to keep enemies pinned/bobbing about in the air out of range.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I bumped up the cost of the two spells from 50 GP/HD to 75 GP/HD, and added the skill-rank requirements as Components. 14 for Corpse Ripper, 20 for Slaughter Ripper.

EDIT: Also figured out the HD minima for the various sizes of Anatomical Juggernaut. Goes from 1 for the Fine and Diminutive ones to over 219 for the Colossal ones.

EDIT^2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Icewalker via PM
    I haven't lots of time, so I just looked over all of it quickly. Though gotta say, I read through the Dark Heart, and that is really cool, especially the idea of having one still within an undead body. A heartbeat is such a wonderfully visceral thing.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-07-04 at 02:14 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Three things:
    Firstly, the idea of reducing the skill DCs to do the dissections and requiring more is something I have considered and decided doesn't fit my goals for this project. It lowers the level where you don't even need to roll, reduces the rewards of investing in masterwork tools, skill focus, etc, and might make failure at lower levels even more likely. Part of the idea here is to make it so less exotic corpses are a viable option for mindless undead. Animals instead of (monsterous) humanoids and magical beasts.

The nice thing about farm animals is that they are cheap, and even if you mess up your skill check you still have a perfectly edible corpse most of the time. So you can afford to buy a lot of them and keep rolling until you make it. This keeps the pace of adventuring down. While the "5-minute work day" is a bad thing, I also favor the idea that going up a level should require an in-game year for most campaigns.

Secondly, I have added the following to the spell's section and strongly recommend its use in any low level game that involves this:
    Alternate Turning/Rebuking table for lower levels
    Many organ undead end up with fractional hitdice, and can be effective despite this. For this reason, alternate rules are here provided for how many hitdice lower level clerics can turn or rebuke. This is identical to the SRD version, except in cases where that version would produce a result of 0 or less hit-dice, indicating no undead could be turned/rebuked.

{table=head]{colsp=1}Turning Check[br]Result||{colsp=5}Most Powerful Undead Affected[br](Maximum Hit Dice) by Cleric Level

vvvvvvvvvvv||Lvl 1|Lvl 2|Lvl 3|Lvl 4|
    Lvl 5+

0 or lower
    ||
    1/8
    |
    1/4
    |
    1/3
    |
    1/2
    |
    Cleric’s level -4

1—3
    ||
    1/4
    |
    1/3
    |
    1/2
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level -3

4—6
    ||
    1/3
    |
    1/2
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level -2

7—9
    ||
    1/2
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level -1

10—12
    ||
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level

13—15
    ||
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level +1

16—18
    ||
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level +2

19—21
    ||
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level +3

22 or higher
    ||
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cleric’s level +4

[/table]

What do people think of the above?
    Is the added complexity worth it in a campaign that features organ undead? What about EL 6 campaigns? Campaigns that are both?

Lastly, I have been putting in a few hours on the Anatomical Juggernaut template. I know most or all of what I want it to do, but it is a LOT of Copy->Paste->Edit, and I am not sure that the end creature will be very viable. I am giving it a variant of Pounce for a lot of its attacks, simply to narrow the distance between its attack and its full-attack since it gets so many attacks. I'm really wondering if anyone would use something so complicated, since complexity is one of the things that people generally consider a weakness of my work in general.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2021-04-08 at 12:29 AM.
    Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

In the order I ended up reading them

Secondly: Sounds fine so long as you recall that destroying/commanding doesn't change with the result of your turning check and is strictly based on your cleric level. The +/- usually isn't a change to an effective character level (relevant for both destroying/commanding, and turning/rebuking), but a numerical result that effects turning and rebuking. I'd probably drop the cleric level thing to avoid confusion, unless this in intentional in which case I'd be shocked and skeptical enough to ant to see it in action first.

Firstly: gotta agree here.

Lastly: Well I haven't looked at it, but I tend not to mind complexity, and enjoy the creative mechanics that often match creative fluff when people put that much time into it. This is one of my greatest two weaknesses in my own homebrew, but as a GM such homebrew generally draws me in more fully to help me focus when I'm pouring through 200+ requests for an epic gestalt game with 40+ players applying. (sadly many such people are ill accustomed to homebrewing on the forums so wording and formatting ends up a problem. Glad you're not one of them(/us?).

My two biggest weaknesses:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) I homebrewed more before joining the forum, so I only have two classes up at the moment.

2) I make them how I want them. This means that the fluff is often limiting (which I view more as a problem that you work out with your GM then that I change), and that I don't like stealing all the mechanics and just saying "Monk with smite instead of slow fall", I end up instead making up whole new systems of mechanics, so not many people consider themselves "qualified" to say anything about em.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Secondly: Sounds fine so long as you recall that destroying/commanding doesn't change with the result of your turning check and is strictly based on your cleric level. The +/- usually isn't a change to an effective character level (relevant for both destroying/commanding, and turning/rebuking), but a numerical result that effects turning and rebuking. I'd probably drop the cleric level thing to avoid confusion, unless this in intentional in which case I'd be shocked and skeptical enough to ant to see it in action first.
    I think we are in agreement, it just controls IF you effect them not HOW you effect them if you do. To put in another way, it isn't relevant to the difference between turning and destroying or commanding vs rebuking.

But to clarify, what do you mean by "cleric level thing"?
    Firstly: gotta agree here.
    Yeah, it was Scholar23 who suggested reducing the DCs. I'd be interested to see what he thinks of my arguments.
    Lastly: Well I haven't looked at it, but I tend not to mind complexity, and enjoy the creative mechanics that often match creative fluff when people put that much time into it. This is one of my greatest two weaknesses in my own homebrew, but as a GM such homebrew generally draws me in more fully to help me focus when I'm pouring through 200+ requests for an epic gestalt game with 40+ players applying.
    I assume that 200+ requests for epic gesalt games, and 40+ players applying for each game that you actually run?
    (sadly many such people are ill accustomed to homebrewing on the forums so wording and formatting ends up a problem. Glad you're not one of them(/us?).
    I frequently have problems with wording, but that is more about how to phrase specific ideas that don't fit the normal mold, or the fact that I tend to write very long sentences and/or paragraphs.
    My two biggest weaknesses:
    1) I homebrewed more before joining the forum, so I only have two classes up at the moment.
    Can you/are you going to transfer your stuff from other websites (files on you own computer?) eventually?
    I know how that can get, with trying to transfer my fanfics between sites.
    2) I make them how I want them. This means that the fluff is often limiting (which I view more as a problem that you work out with your GM then that I change), and that I don't like stealing all the mechanics and just saying "Monk with smite instead of slow fall", I end up instead making up whole new systems of mechanics, so not many people consider themselves "qualified" to say anything about em.
    A person after my own heart, since a lot of my stuff has similarly rich fluff... of course, just as often I am often mechanics driven, so a lot of my stuff has next to NO fluff, such as the PrC for Tome of Battle material that focuses on stances to the exclusion of maneuvers. Someone could make up fluff for it about the philosophies that lead to that type of training, and if they hang out together or just happen randomly within the pool of Martial Initiators, but I have no motivation to do such.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-08-04 at 01:16 AM.
    Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Well lets start with turning. As per the raw of the ability your turning check doesn't effect the results of you destroying undeads, just turning them. Similarly it affects rebuking and not commanding. Thus where you have it as +cleric levels instead of cleric level+X, by raw would effect both turning and destroying. Is that an intended change?

Scholar23: k

40+playes: only once or twice, but yes I did then run the game. (two recruitments same game, lasted 3-4 years so far)

Problems with wording: nah, I mean like this class http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249394 Lots of interesting stuff, but some of the mechanics are shaky, and some wordings leave way too much to interpretation.

My other homebrew: Nah, it's all in a composition book. Not sure t;s really worth it either though since half of it was a homebrewed world which I ended up using for a game.

A person after my own heart: Heh. Well the fluffs can be pretty fun at times, but I'll admit I've never been that into maneuvers as a rule. Mayhaps after I eventually get to trying out a swordsage.
    Anywho if you wanna toss me some thoughts, my two on the forums are the Medicine Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243456) and the much less fine tuned Bloodspilt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204981)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Well lets start with turning. As per the raw of the ability your turning check doesn't effect the results of you destroying undeads, just turning them. Similarly it affects rebuking and not commanding. Thus where you have it as +cleric levels instead of cleric level+X, by raw would effect both turning and destroying. Is that an intended change?
    Ok, I've looked at the table several times and I just simply can't see what you are talking about. Could you quote the table and then highlight the part of the table you are talking about? Or is it not in the table? The resulting "undead effected" stuff is either expressed as a static number, or copied straight out of the SRD.

Anywho if you wanna toss me some thoughts, my two on the forums are the Medicine Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243456) and the much less fine tuned Bloodspilt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204981)
    I assume these aren't fresh enough for me to post in?
    In either case I might give them a look-over...

I've been trying to do the thing about adding spells to the Dread Necromancers list that can ONLY be used for creating these things, and along the way I tweaked some of the creation sections (noticing that the DCs are mostly pretty low really... very little above DC 15 which should be quite doable even as a level one character, let alone a level 5).

The question then becomes "Where should I put this stuff about adding spells?". I'm thinking in the post about spellcasting, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-07-06 at 08:34 PM.
    Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Yup pretty old threads. I could refresh them if you'd like though

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/spe...OrRebukeUndead
    First thing to note is that on the table it's cleric level +/-#, not +/-# cleric level. This means it effects the result of the check, not the effective level of the cleric. Destroying undead says "If you have twice as many levels (or more) as the undead have Hit Dice, you destroy any that you would normally turn. " Levels, not check result. By changing the order of the modifier and the wording on your table you make the check effect destroying and commanding (which mostly just says as destroying but commanded instead). Is this intended?

To give an example a level 3 cleric who rolls a 20 cannot command a 2HD undead as regardless of the check result the cleric's effective turning level is not twice 2 (4), it's three.

Edit: in spellcasting should work so long as you link that section from each of the creation sections for the individual undeads effected.
    Last edited by drack; 2013-07-06 at 08:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Yup pretty old threads. I could refresh them if you'd like though

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/spe...OrRebukeUndead
    First thing to note is that on the table it's cleric level +/-#, not +/-# cleric level. This means it effects the result of the check, not the effective level of the cleric. Destroying undead says "If you have twice as many levels (or more) as the undead have Hit Dice, you destroy any that you would normally turn. " Levels, not check result. By changing the order of the modifier and the wording on your table you make the check effect destroying and commanding (which mostly just says as destroying but commanded instead). Is this intended?
    But as far as I can tell I DIDN'T change the order of those things. I copied that column DIRECTLY from them SRD and changed NOTHING about it. Now the headers across the top... those are just for the specific class levels of 1 through 4 and 5+ (AKA "5 or greater")

To give an example a level 3 cleric who rolls a 20 cannot command a 2HD undead as regardless of the check result the cleric's effective turning level is not twice 2 (4), it's three.
    I know that and it was not my intention to change that.

Could you PLEASE PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP quote the NEW table and highlight the part you think I changed when I should have left it alone?
    Edit: in spellcasting should work so long as you link that section from each of the creation sections for the individual undeads effected.
    Linking is going to be a separate step, and I actually will want to avoid linking per se. Instead I will just add a note about expending equivalent level spells per day.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-11-25 at 06:11 PM.
    Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, looking back I think I was a bit distracted when I wrote the last line on tat one.

-sniip-
    Originally I had meant it more as a reminder to make sure then criticism. Anywho looking again with a slightly clearer head, the linear versus exponential scaling means that at lower levels a low result may fail to turn something that is destroyed anyways, you might want to add a clause if you intend to change this. I mean admittedly it can happen anyway but thought I'd point it out. I'd also probably change "alternate" to "Variant".

Anywho thanks for the comments.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

the linear versus exponential scaling means that at lower levels a low result may fail to turn something that is destroyed anyways,
    I don't think your head is quite clear yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    If you have twice as many levels (or more) as the undead have Hit Dice, you destroy any that you would normally turn.
    I'd also probably change "alternate" to "Variant".
    I can do that.
    Anywho thanks for the comments.
    Sorry if I was/am a bit grumpy... going through some stuff IRL.
    Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I don't think your head is quite clear yet?
    Well to be honest it isn't.
    Sorry if I was/am a bit grumpy... going through some stuff IRL.
    It's cool.
    Last edited by drack; 2013-07-07 at 06:32 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Upon further re-reading, it seems that the objection about the crafting DCs was mostly or entirely for the Empty Skins. Those do, indeed have the highest DCs associated with them, but I think I like it that way. Gives more of a feeling of accomplishment when you actually make a good one... not that they aren't supposed to be much good except as simple servants.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2015-11-23 at 07:27 PM.
    Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

It seems to me that the gut snake should cause disease. Covering its victims in excrement is just gross!

I can't help but think all this needs is a special carving knife. The Ronko Fillet Monster Knife that slices and dices your creature while leaving every organ intact. :-)

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-10 at 09:34 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Always good to see "my loyal nemesis"*. And here not being very much of a nemesis, which indicates I may have I have a lot of my i's dotted and t's crossed.

*A term of genuine affection, in case anyone couldn't tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    It seems to me that the gut snake should cause disease. Covering its victims in excrement is just gross!
    It actually causes filth fever with a rather nasty extra effect. Of course, in some parallel universe, I could have created them to cause disease by touch rather than grappling, and thus requiring two successful grapple checks before the fortitude save, but...
    Here is the relevant ability by which this version causes disease. Underlining added for you convenience.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge(Ex): When a gut snake deals constriction damage it may immediately attempt an additional grapple check which does no damage, if it succeeds in this check it sprays the face of the grappled creature forcefully with diarrheatic excrement. So forceful is this that it can sometimes penetrate even between closed lips and eyelids, get far enough into the nasal passages to not be easily removed quickly or even, in extreme cases, individual droplets may achieve sufficient velocity to penetrate the skin slightly. The grappled creature must immediately make a fortitude save (same DC as for the gas from Flatulate) or be nauseated and blinded for 2d4 rounds or until they get cleaned. Regardless of the result of this first save they must make another fortitude save against the same D.C. to avoid contracting Filth Fever with the usual onset time and ongoing D.C.'s for recovery and to avoid ability damage. HOWEVER if they fail 2 days of fortitude saves against the disease in a row there is a 25% chance they go blind until the disease is past and have a -4 penalty to all tasks involving visual acuity from that point forward due to the lingering effects of eye infection. A single Remove Blindness spell will undo both these effects and prevent any further chance of blindness for the duration of the disease. The D.C.'s are the same as for Flatulate.
    {table="head"]Size|D.C.*
    Tiny|10
    Small|12
    Medium|14
    Large|15
    Huge|19
    Gargantuan|27
    Colossal|37[/table]
    * In the general case (including for calculating D.C.s for advanced gut snakes) the formula for the D.C. is 10+1/2HD+Strength Modifier

Actually, now that I think of it...
    THANK YOU! you have inspired me to create the Plague Tonsil(s)... I think I will give it a relatively high DC, but have it fall into dust after a single successful infection, and maybe have a cool-down on even trying.
    Of course, inserting it in proper alphabetical order might be a bit of a pain... but such is life and homebrewing.
    I can't help but think all this needs is a special carving knife. The Ronko Fillet Monster Knife that slices and dices your creature while leaving every organ intact. :-)

Debby
    Sounds like a magic item with 1/week Corpse Ripper or Gut on it.
    For a more limited version, there is the Cat Skinning Blade.
    In the first two cases, do you think it should be a weapon too? IE a +1 dagger with a special power? Or should it JUST be the special power?
    EDIT: Actually, I need to add both of those as wikipedia like links at the start, with warnings that they really ruin the flavor and maybe even balance of this series.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-07-10 at 12:28 PM.
    Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Draco, I'm even meaner than you are since I think anyone adjacent to to the gut snake should be covered in poo too! However, the mechanics are dense, so splitting it into two abilities makes it a bit more manageable.

I'm not convinced that the second grapple check is warranted. You have constrict listed as the gut snakes abilities but don't have the ability spelled out. I think you should rename the special abilities as so:

Constrict (Ex): After making a successful grapple check, a gut snake may constrict an opponent for the amount of damage listed in its statistic block. Alternatively, it may release a stream of explosive diarrhea (see below) instead of causing damage.

Explosive Diarrhea (Ex): Whenever a gut snake constricts a target, it may release a stream of excrement in a 5-foot line. Anyone who is being constricted automatically becomes covered in the excrement (no save), though anyone adjacent must succeed on a Reflex save (DC is 10 + 1/2 HD + Str modifier) to avoid the excrement. Anyone coated in the fecal miasma must also make a Fortitude save (DC is 10 + 1/2 HD + Str modifier) or becomes nauseated and blinded for 2d4 rounds or until cleaned.

Disease (Ex): Anyone who became coated in the explosive diarrhea must also make a Fortitude save (DC 12) save to avoid contracting filth fever.[See filth fever disease for details]. Moreover, anyone who contracts filth fever takes a -4 penalty to Spot checks thereafter and has a 25% chance to go blind from lingering eye infections. A single remove blindness spell removes the penalty as well as any blindness.

Flatulence (Ex): Once per minute as a full-round action, a gut snake may noisily release a cloud of reeking putrid gas centered on itself which can sicken those within it. See table for the radius of the cloud and the Fortitude D.C. made to avoid being sickened. The sickened condition lasts for as long as the victim stays in the cloud plus 1d4+1 rounds afterward. The DC is strength based. The cloud is invisible and persists for one round per hit die of the gut snake. A moderate wind (11+ mph) halves the duration of the cloud; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the cloud in 1 round.

I like plague tonsils too and look forward to seeing them.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-10 at 07:22 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Reasonable thoughts Debihuman!

I'd need to run some experiments with an extremely high pressure water stream and some plastic wrap to be 100% sure, but I strongly suspect that air resistance really does a number on the "skin penetrating" aspect over anything like 5 feet. And that aspect is necessary to explain why it is a fortitude save for both instead of a reflex save for closing the eyes.

As for blinding, that is only because it the equivalent of a called shot... which don't normally exist in D&D. Thus the need for 2 grapple checks before the fortitude saves even get involved.

I could see your point about it getting on more than one person, at least just to nauseate, but they already have Flatuate for that.

That, and I want to keep the CR down.

I should probably look at seeing if there is anything in your version I could use to simplify... eh, maybe I will just copy paste what you have and tag it as "simpler, and more dangerous version".
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-07-10 at 07:14 PM.
    Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I made a few modifications. Let me know what you think. Having to make 2 successful grapple checks just makes these more impotent than they need be. I changed the wording to make it less of a "will" and more of a "may." This way the DM has a little more control.

I'd need to run some experiments with an extremely high pressure water stream and some plastic wrap to be 100% sure, but I strongly suspect that air resistance really does a number on the "skin penetrating" aspect over anything like 5 feet
    It's a gut not a hose! I doubt the pressure would be that high. Seriously, that's a bit of extreme verisimilitude. Moreover, it's not just water (there are loose solids in it). Seriously, it's POO. I don't think it needs to be exact.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-10 at 07:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

IAs for blinding, that is only because it the equivalent of a called shot... which don't normally exist in D&D. Thus the need for 2 grapple checks before the fortitude saves even get involved.
    Well... It exists in pathfinder, and in the 3.5 DMG page 27 there is a "damage to specific areas" variant. Overall called shots do exist, they're just rather dispersed, being constantly mentioned in various books wherever they come up, but never gathered and cemented in one book.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

It's poo! It's not like there is a way to AIM it!

Debby (who is laughing out loud now).

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

It's poo! It's not like there is a way to AIM it!

Debby (who is laughing out loud now).
    Well you're welcome for that. In earnest I was more pointing out that the rules exist then suggesting that the poo be properly aimed.

Though now you're going to have him thinking of a cloud of diarrhea that acts as poisonous gas stinging the eyes and nose (especially the nose).

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

It is actually a stream of poo (i.e. a line not a radius) as the flatulence is a cloud. I wanted them to have different mechanics.

Debby (still giggling)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Well a line actually is an area effect.

Anywho the called shot rules in other books cover things like beheading as well.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Though now you're going to have him thinking of a cloud of diarrhea that acts as poisonous gas stinging the eyes and nose (especially the nose).
    I'll leave that to someone else I think. I'm doing Organs*, not "body substances". Thus, I might do a nose, but no "snot ooze". I think blood happens to qualify as an organ, so I COULD do that within the scope of this project, but it has been done before well enough I don't feel the need to recreate it.

*Or sometimes pairs or trios of closely related of organs, such as the small and large intestines(I think those are separate organs technically), the two lungs and the voice-box going into the floating lungs, my plans that you need to sew two tonsils together to make the undead, and the bladder+two kidneys for the skulking bladders (if I ever get up the energy to do those).
    Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

I meant it mostly as a joke and in reference as an attack. Blood could be cool, but if you do it, to make it fit you might want to think of doing it as veins that stretch between things. Les of an arcane blood magic, and more of an undeadey feel.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I'll leave that to someone else I think. I'm doing Organs*, not "body substances". Thus, I might do a nose, but no "snot ooze".
    For that I am profoundly grateful! There are some things that should do not need to be made.

I think blood happens to qualify as an organ, so I COULD do that within the scope of this project, but it has been done before well enough I don't feel the need to recreate it.
    Possibly. There's already a blood elemental.

*Or sometimes pairs or trios of closely related of organs, such as the small and large intestines(I think those are separate organs technically), the two lungs and the voice-box going into the floating lungs, my plans that you need to sew two tonsils together to make the undead, and the bladder+two kidneys for the skulking bladders (if I ever get up the energy to do those).
    This has been a lot of work. I commend you on your tenacity. Plus, I'll try to look at more of these.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

For that I am profoundly grateful! There are some things that should do not need to be made.
    Very much agreed.
    Skulking bladders are as far down that road as I think I will ever go... and those are assassins.
    This way lies madness:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's just say that "Snot Ooze" and even the "Poop Cloud" are fine and dandy ideas compared to one of the ideas that line of discussion brought to my brain.

This has been a lot of work. I commend you on your tenacity.
    Yeah, well, anatomy is a minor interest of mine (Note: That doesn't mean I know much about it.)

That, and people kept praising the series strongly... despite the VERY low amount of detailed critique up until recently.
    Plus, I'll try to look at more of these.
    Thank you!
    I look forward to it.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-07-11 at 05:15 PM.
    Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it was a bit of a kludge, but I spliced in what I have so far for the Plague Tonsils. I mostly mention this because I combined the Sinister Spinal Cords with the Skeletons in a single post and shifted the Rolling Eyeballs down one, and thus may have thrown off some of your old links.

I think I correctly updated my extended signature and the index in the first post though.
    Extended Signature