New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Help Writing the Company Newsletter (Mutants and Masterminds)

So I'm running a game of Mutants and Masterminds, fairly standard Superhero setting (Society manages to resemble the modern world despite the presence of Mutants, mad scientists with Sci-fi tech, aliens, psychics, and magic). One of my Players is a member of something called The Agency (If it's actual name is said, everybody without proper security clearance just hears nothing. The character is simply known as Agent [REDACTED]).

This is basically a fusion of Majestic-12, The SCP foundation, CADMUS, and the Umbrella Corporation.
    Either way, for the first session I wrote up the Agency Newsletter, which included some information relevant to the session, but mainly random funny stuff.

I want more ideas.

Here was the first Newsletter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Agent [REDACTED]| Clearance Level Avocado Mauve| Thought of the Day: We Protect The World From Itself| Happy Birthday to Director [REDACTED]| 30 Days since last Mecha-Lincoln Related Incident
    Congratulations to Our Agent of the Month! [REDACTED] For his and/or Her work on [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] will never be the same.
    James Smelvin AkA “Smiling Jim” has been sighted in Justice City. All Local Agents to be on alert.
    Satellite XV-18, responsible for monitoring and coordinating our global network of Blacksite Level Prisons has reported several hacking attempts originating from within The Agency Network.
    Dr. [REDACTED] from Agency HQ would like to remind all agents to be vaccinated against Virus XV-13. It remains contained, but it’s learning. Related Bulletin: Agents are prohibited from playing cards with Virus XV-13.
    Super Being#145 AKA ManOWar has begun regrowing his Goatee. Psychological Division is working on the implications.
    Facility #16 Reports that it’s AI-Controlled Hard Light Hologram program is a success.
    Agent [REDACTED] has gone rogue, terminate them on sight.
    Agent [REDACTED] has also gone rogue, stealing several Cloaking devices from lockup. Terminate them on hearing.
    Calamity University is announcing a Hi-Speed Uplink Prototype being developed by it’s Advanced Sciences Division. Stay Alert for Super villain threats.
    We believe we have identified the power source of Super Being #812 AKA “Sylph”. Previously believed to be a Psychic Telekinetic, we now believe her to be a Sorceress utilizing Kinetomancy.
    Team Swordfish Reports they have captured Super Being #632 AKA “ChainRipper” and have initiated EtchA Protocol.
    Our Physics department reports three more suicides. Remember: Counseling is Mandatory for all Agents with a high-school level education in physics.

We have been receiving a rash of Rogue Agent incidents. Remember, if you feel like going rogue, you too have a Trigger Phrase, and we know it.

Last edited by BRC; 2013-04-02 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Help Writing the Company Newsletter (Mutants and Masterminds)

Needs more details about [REDACTED]. But then again, Agent [REDACTED]'s clearance might not be high enough to get that version of the newsletter.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I don't have any ideas, but this is fantastic and now I have to clean soda off my monitor again.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

I have some ideas.

Agent [REDACTED]'s home during the interagency softball game against Area 51's science team won last week's game. Please avoid all contact with Agent [REDACTED] until further notice.

Mecha-Lincoln sightings are at all time low. Director [REDACTED] would like to thank all of you for your continuing hard work.