Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Hellhounds for Hire - OOC

Characters
    {table=head]Character|Player|Country|Class|Style|Alignment|Zod iac
    Xun Bailin Qiang | ArchangelAzrael | China | Blade Master | Jade Throne | NG White/Red | Tiger
    Takagawa Kosei|Lord Ruby34|Japan|Warblade| Implacable Tide|LN|Tiger
    Three Soaring Petals|Jamieth|China|Swordsage|Dancing Leaf/Scarlet Rose|C(N-to-G)|Rabbit
    Ru Sukoshi yama"Root of the Little Mountain"|Scholar23|China|Blademaster|Stone Will |Neutral|Tiger [/table]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Hellhounds for Hire - OOC

I'll lay claim to a Royal Blue speech bubble.
    Avatar made by Flumphy. Praise his name!

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I claim Dark green

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I lay claim to DarkOrange
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

As an adept of a Crimson Rose discipline, I make a claim for red.

On the inter-party relations:

@Kosei: upon learning of the young noble's story and his quest for revenge, Petals would likely offer him her services, at a very reasonable price, since she views his quest as both just and fun (read, "dangerous"). Of course, he would most probably view her as just a silly and annoying kid...

@Xun and Ru: Perhaps we could meet on the ship, assuming our chars sailed at least a part of the way? Petals actually have some difficulties dealing with people beyond the most basic stuff, so she is naturally drawn towards the adeps of the Sublime Way, as ones she can actually relate to. So, if you two get into a camaraderie of sorts and decide to stick together after disembarking, she can very well tag along. Oh, and I totally see her sticking with Xun explicitly to prove she can live without his protection :-)
    Last edited by jamieth; 2013-04-03 at 02:54 PM. Reason: oops, ninja'ed
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #6

Seening as everyone is on what do y'all think; stragies tensions that need to be played out, how each of use will react to one another.

We did some of this earlier but I thought it would be a good idea to doudle check.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar23 View Post
    Seening as everyone is on what do y'all think; stragies tensions that need to be played out, how each of use will react to one another.

We did some of this earlier but I thought it would be a good idea to doudle check.
    Actually, in this form it doesn't really matter. Use whichever color you wish.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    Actually, in this form it doesn't really matter. Use whichever color you wish.
    ?????, I was asking if any one had opinions on how our characters would act towards each other

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Whoops, I thought I was quoting Jamieth.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Takagawa kosei-> He will more likely view you with respect as in many ways your characters remings Bailin of his ge-ge. That means that when he is in your presence he will likely follow our lead.

Petal-> I am thinking that he will view you as a sister and having a soft spot for women overall will likely be a little protective if that ok with you

Ru Sukoshi Yama->
    our characters share some similarities (both stronger than average characters, Blademasters), I see a friendly rivaly and lots of training duals a possibility if you want to.
    I am not married to any idea but I would like us to know each other somehow.

I could for example have visited japan with my sifu in the past and spent some time in Kosei palace and the china "team: (:P) could have met on the road and even adventure for a while together.

EDIT:
    @Xun and Ru: Perhaps we could meet on the ship, assuming our chars sailed at least a part of the way? Petals actually have some difficulties dealing with people beyond the most basic stuff, so she is naturally drawn towards the adeps of the Sublime Way, as ones she can actually relate to. So, if you two get into a camaraderie of sorts and decide to stick together after disembarking, she can very well tag along. Oh, and I totally see her sticking with Xun explicitly to prove she can live without his protection :-)
    That could work out as well. Also when I said protective I was thinking in a more subtle way like giving her the best part of a hunt or making sure she doesnt do the hard nightshifts or in battle making sure the enemies dont focus on her more on that line.
    Last edited by ArchangelAzrael; 2013-04-03 at 03:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelAzrael View Post
    I am not married to any idea but I would like us to know each other somehow.

I could for example have visited japan with my sifu in the past and spent some time in Kosei palace and the china "team: (:P) could have met on the road and even adventure for a while together.
    How far in the past are you thinking, and how long would your character have stayed?

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

well my char is relative young but he has been traveling the lands since he was 5 or 6 so we could sayIcould have visited as far back as 15 years and stayed as long as the plot demands it

13. - Top - End - #13

Takagawa kosei My not start off to well with your character being prideful or arrongant since my character can be more on the view f you frist needing proof of your strength. Will have little spats (will always be fun; spars with ya to work out differences) May poke fun at the glasses since he has never seen them befor.

Petal
    Will look on as a little sister once he gets to know you. Till then some suspicsion and maybe worried to get attachted. Mainly due to the fact he has just realized he has be gone from the world for sixteen years an all he knew is gone.

Xun Bailin Qiang
    Look more like he will see you as a brother from the start. More for the reason he wont have to worry about "breaking" you when he gives u a handshake. Another is just because we both are striving to find whoever hurt our homes and families. So true brothers in arms with maybe some bumps along the way when we try to figure out who the other is.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

actualy I think Its Takagawa that had his family killed and is out for revenge. My char just has a need for a family since his father had prety much threw him away and well he cant be close to his brother anymore.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

actualy I think Its Takagawa that had his family killed and is out for revenge. My char just has a need for a family since his father had prety much threw him away and well he cant be close to his brother anymore.
    For the record, his given name is Kosei, in Japan the family name comes first. I'm not sure if you know that or not, but it can't hurt if you do.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

16. - Top - End - #16

Ahhh, god point then but would you try to latch on to any stranger you would want something similar to what you losted. My character is going to be a little odd since he spent the last 16 years in the spirit world with his father and didn't realize it till he came back. Then when trying to awaken his own fahter he killed him by accident. Right now my character is both distraught and royaly pissed at those who destroyed the village. Which caused him to rush waking his father(Killing him since he thought to hit him with his fathers own weapon).

Spoiler
    Show

Take a Peek

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hehe I see. Like Bailin then since in chinese the first is the family name as well. I tried to research mine since i dont know a word of chinese. In english it would be Xun ( sudden/quick) Bai-lin (White/pure-forest/fine jade/gem) and Qiang (strong) It doesnt make much sense I know but it had elements that of the character hidden in there.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

IC thread will probably go up some time tomorrow - both threads seem to be doing a great job of generating content between characters, and I want to give that a chance to run its course (and give me a chance to review everything and give you a good starting hook.)

Oh, feel free to come up with as much as you guys want - if you guys end up coming up with so many details that you basically have a starting plot fleshed out, I'll be happy to run with it.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, some additional background on Petals:
    It looked like an easy job. Sneak into a rich merchant's house, take some papers he never parts with, even keeping them under his pillow at night. They were supposed to prove the man was cheating at business... And it worked like a charm, too - right until the point when, dropping to the floor of a merchant's bedroom, Petals found him asleep... forever. And, worse still, she heard one of the guards sounding an alarm... the girl was sure she wasn't noticed, which meant that there was someone alse in the house... (well, unless, of course, the merchant managed to slit his own throat and hide the weapon). It also meant that either she got really unlucky on that job... or it was a setup in the first place. In either case, her best bet was to not be there as soon as possible. Soon, it became obvious that the guards had her description... a surprisingly accurate description.
    Fleeing the pursuit, she hid on one of the ships in the town harbor. She wasn't planning to stay there for long, just several minutes to catch a breath... and then she woke up, and the weather was nice and sunny, and she could barely see the shore. After finding out where the ship headed, she decided it could be for the best - she spoke Japanese quite fluently, though with an unmistakable accent, and there probably was no price on her head over there...
    On board, after parting with most of her coins - she could stay unfound all the way if she wanted, but getting meals would be too much a bother that way, so she had to pay a passage fair... with some extra - she stayed mostly to herself. The only passengers that really got her attention were two swordsmen. For some time, she watched them, without hiding, but not attracting attention, either, from just far enough to listen to their conversations, if any, trying to gauge whether they can be potential threats or potential allies (though allies in what exactly, she wasn't sure herself).
    Note: she isn't going to reveal her training as a martial artist for now; her skills as an acrobat, however, are quite obvious, since she practices them rather regularly, walking around the ship on her hands, balancing on railings when the waves are particularly high, that kind of staff.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

@petal Nice intro story! My char would have taken notice of you for syre then and could have tried to approche you if he thoought you were lonely and taken a protective stance with you after finding you are naive in some aspects of the world. Of course he isnt any wiser of your martial skills. If he found out that you dont have a destination or someone waiting for you on japan he might even suggest to join their company to make the journy lghter (but in reality as a way to protect you from bandits etc).

My char could have deceided to join the ship on a whim wanting to go as far away from his home as possible and remembering a kingdom he had visited in Japan long ago that could serve as a destination.
    @Sukoshi I would prefere to have met with Sukoshi on the main land and decided after a while to help him locate the bandits. The search could have led us to a trail going to Japan. Not knowing that the kingdom that had served as a home for some time in the past was destroyed he would have thought to first check there for any more leads and possibly ask for help.

@Kosei I was thinking 2 years would be a good time to have stayed on your kingdom as a child. Would a childhood friendship be good with you?

@FreakyCheeseMan can you check if my character flaws are ok with you? If yes I am concidering as my extra feat one of the following three starting with preference order:

1) Parry (Tier I)
    Prereqs: BAB +1, Combat Reflexes
    Benefit: When an enemy makes a melee attack against you, you can try to block the attack by making an attack roll with any melee weapon you are holding. If you are using a one handed weapon and a buckler or nothing in the other hand, you gain a +2 bonus on this roll. Use the higher of your AC or your attack roll as your effective AC against the attack. The bonus increases by +1 for every feat that has Parry as a prerequisite. This is considered an attack of opportunity.

Reasoning: my char is squisy and dispite only having one attack of opportunity per round being able to raise my ac against one attack by an average of 6 points could prove lifesaving.

2) Educated
    More skillpoints means I dont have to change skillpoints around so the team can have a second heal skill user for back up.

3) Skill focus: sense motive
    Sense Motive is an important skill for Jade throne and wisdom due to poorly rolls is low giving me a penaldy on the skill. With skill focus and Blade meditation (which i already have) I could compensate for that.

P.S. At some point you had mention that we would get bonus feats if our stats were not relativly good but it might not still be on the table. Is it still on?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

well my char is relative young but he has been traveling the lands since he was 5 or 6 so we could sayIcould have visited as far back as 15 years and stayed as long as the plot demands it
    It's probably best if you pick the time they met, Kosei's timeline is essentially free until a few days ago.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

@kosei hm ok then I prefere an early childhood frienship as it usualy more pyre and enduring. also the difference in raw talent and statue wouldnt matter as much. lets say we met when we were 6 and i stayed for 2 years. Would you mind if we were close friends?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

@kosei hm ok then I prefere an early childhood frienship as it usualy more pyre and enduring. also the difference in raw talent and statue wouldnt matter as much. lets say we met when we were 6 and i stayed for 2 years. Would you mind if we were close friends?
    Hmm, it's more likely that they were close friends. They wouldn't have seen each other in fifteen years. But they'd start off friendly.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

@FreakyCheeseMan can you check if my character flaws are ok with you? If yes I am concidering as my extra feat one of the following three starting with preference order:

1) Parry (Tier I)
    Prereqs: BAB +1, Combat Reflexes
    Benefit: When an enemy makes a melee attack against you, you can try to block the attack by making an attack roll with any melee weapon you are holding. If you are using a one handed weapon and a buckler or nothing in the other hand, you gain a +2 bonus on this roll. Use the higher of your AC or your attack roll as your effective AC against the attack. The bonus increases by +1 for every feat that has Parry as a prerequisite. This is considered an attack of opportunity.

Reasoning: my char is squisy and dispite only having one attack of opportunity per round being able to raise my ac against one attack by an average of 6 points could prove lifesaving.

2) Educated
    More skillpoints means I dont have to change skillpoints around so the team can have a second heal skill user for back up.

3) Skill focus: sense motive
    Sense Motive is an important skill for Jade throne and wisdom due to poorly rolls is low giving me a penaldy on the skill. With skill focus and Blade meditation (which i already have) I could compensate for that.

P.S. At some point you had mention that we would get bonus feats if our stats were not relativly good but it might not still be on the table. Is it still on?
    Yeah, your feats are good, and go ahead and take a bonus feat for your stats.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Hmm, I might take parry at level six. That feat is silly good.

Actually, if you let me rearrange my feats I'll take it now.
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2013-04-04 at 11:59 AM.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    Hmm, I might take parry at level six. That feat is silly good.

Actually, if you let me rearrange my feats I'll take it now.
    No problem.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyCheeseMan View Post
    No problem.
    What I'm trying to say is that this feat is silly. It's basically a permanent wall of blades. It's really, really good. It's not broken, but it's almost on Shock Troper level.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

If the rest of the party thinks is too strong I dont mind not taking it, I have a maneuver similar to wall of blades. Its just that I dont see raising dex or AC in the near future and I am trying to cover my week points. Still party balance is important and I dont want to reduce the fun of any of my fellow martial adepts

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

If the rest of the party thinks is too strong I dont mind not taking it, I have a maneuver similar to wall of blades. Its just that I dont see raising dex or AC in the near future and I am trying to cover my week points. Still party balance is important and I dont want to reduce the fun of any of my fellow martial adepts
    The feat isn't broken on your character, but if say, Kosei took it, it might be.

I, ah did a thing.
    Twice

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Just tossing this out there. I know im not part of yalls group but I know of another Parry Feat

Dex13, BaB +3, Expertise

On your actions you may choose to hold one or more attacks until an opponent attacks. The opponent rolls his attack normally to determine if he hits. If he succeeds you may then make an opposed attack roll against a DC equal to your opponents final attack result. If you succeed you have parried the blow and struck your opponents weapon. Using parry does not provoke an attack of opprotunity. If at the end of the round you have any unused parry actions they are lost and may not be transferred to the next round.

The follow up feat to that is Riposte

BaB +6, Parry

If you made a successful parry this round you may make a free melee attack against the opponent you parried. The attack is at your highest attack bonus and all normal modifiers apply. No matter how many parries you have made you may make no more than one riposte per roundk unless you are affected by magic items or spells that increase the number of actions you may make in a round such as haste or boots of speed.

From the Seafarers Handbook by Legend and Lairs.