Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 350
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Though the city thrives, not all is well...
    Things are changing, for better or for worse...
    Others have finally taken interest in you...
    The balance changes... In who's favor?

    For several weeks, things have been changing, rumors of monsters roaming the area, people watching you you just see out of the corner of your eye, vanishing when you turn to look. Today the rumors have been given a name. Sar Thok Gath. A traveler came stumbling into town, all that was left of the expected caravan. He claimed the caravan was attacked, by a warrior astride a great winged beast, a warrior by the name of Sar Thok Gath. People are uneasy, and turn to the founders of this city for guidance, and protection. The sole survivor of the raid waits outside as the leaders and founders [the PCs, and if chosen by the PC in question, cohorts] are meeting.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Links to other Threads:


    Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Player Name|Character(s)|Done/Approved?|Color of Speech
    rweird [DM]|Will have many|Never/I hope you approve of it|Many [Bold]
    Derjuin|Sharaad Wador|Yes/Yes|Arial Black DarkRed
    Dunkoro|Sorin Markov, Kil'Anthar [Cohort], and Tingle [Psicrystal]|Yes/Yes|DarkOrange/Palatino Linotype/Comic Sans MS
    Ravanan|DK179 (Lorical) and Helecka Barasom|Yes/Yes|DarkSlateGray/Green
    ginger ninja|Taisiya Zali|Yes/Yes|Navy
    NekoIncardine|Martera Espral and Loraonna Starseeker [Cohort]|Maybe will get more items/Yes|DarkOrchid/Purple
    AmberVael|Sthena|Yes/Yes|Red
    Cogidubnus|Aoife o'Floinn|Yes/Yes|Orange Trebuchet MS
    Gem_Knight|Brighid and Elroy [Cohort]|Yes/Yes|Cyan/DeepSkyBlue
    Togo|Narlgrim and Miranda Vine [Cohort, no sheet link]|Need cohort sheet & cohort speech color/Yes|DarkRed/[unknown][/table]

    Last edited by rweird; 2013-04-05 at 07:07 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: The Balance Changes - In Character

    DK179

    The behemoth of metal towers over most of those present, and even as he bows deeply to those assembled, he still is looking down upon most present.

    "My mistress sends her deepest apologies that she could not attend."

    In reality, the truth was far from his words. When he had approached her for this meeting, she had in fact thrown a pillow at him, muttered something about philistine swine not appreciating a good clock, and went back to sleep.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone REALLY wants to call that bluff
    (1d20+16)[26]


    "Nonetheless, we move on. I'm sure we have all by this point already heard many of the cogent points of the survivor's testimony?"
    Avatar by Prime32. Seriously, his stuff is awesome.

    Current Games:
    Mikhaela Ranool, Pokeball Crafter Land of the Dreamers OOC
    Aliyah al'Shajarat-al-Hayat, Pixie Archivist/Wizard Breath of Yggdrasil OOC
    Ceres Dionaea, Ghoran Impossible-blooded Sorcerer Torrathan Civility OOC
    The DM Wrath of the Righteous OOC

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: The Balance Changes - In Character

    Taisiya

    "We've got a name. That's more than we had this morning." Taisiya says, pacing back and forth. "It's a place to start."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Balance Changes - In Character

    Martera

    "A warrior astride a great winged beast," said the woman in a nun's robe.

    Martera Espral sighed. She'd joined DK179 on this particular trip down - and unfortunately, that meant not looking like a demon who had spent over a century serving a goddess who most demons wanted destroyed.

    While she knew at lest one person here knew better, she'd made sure she left looking like a normal person - a priestess of Mystra - and made sure, as usual, to make sure her allies with the temple would be careful to not reveal her nature. She trusted them, and her own abilities, greatly by now, but she also knew that they had to be careful. A few wrong words to a sufficiently powerful person, and she could have paladins, blackguards, angels, 'traitor'-hunting demons, or all of the above gunning for her - an idea she very much did not like.

    "The real problem is, someone like that has a long range they can roam. We'll need quite a bit more information if we're going to find them out," she said, looking more than a little frustrated. "And that part, we don't even have rumors on."
    Last edited by NekoIncardine; 2013-04-05 at 12:15 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Changes - In Character

    Did the survivor bring any element that belonged to the so called Sar Thok Gath? Even a single feather or a piece of cloth would suffice to grant me much more information about him that we currently have.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    A tired looking man enters. He has the dusty attire of a traveler, and bears many scrapes and scratches. He appears to be around 18.

    He seems nervous, and doesn't know how to begin. "Lords, Ladies, Gentlemen-Estimed protectors..." He pauses, seeing his greeting failed, and he plunges right in. "I am William Daggertheft, the sole survivor of Sar Thok Gath's attack. What is it you would like to know? I am sorry but I have no element of his..." he trails off "Though some may be around the place of the attack." He finishes quickly, waiting to see how you received his words.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Garreg Mach Monastery
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Sharaad Wador

    "We would like to know as much as you can give us. But first, come and sit; you've been through a terrible ordeal." A richly garbed human woman pointed to a nearby chair, and though she speaks with authority, she tries to conceal her normally booming voice, not wanting to frighten the young man away.

    "Tell us what you can, then we will see about searching the scene of the attack."

    Sharaad stood patiently, her human guise seemingly confident in her and her allies' abilities to solve their predicament with this 'Sar Thok Gath' individual. Behind the mask of the human, however, the countenance of the dragon furrowed with concern. Who was this to attack the caravans of such a powerful city? Is he alone, or working with a group? Was he connected to one of the other leaders, or perhaps herself, and trying to lure them out? Such questions were far beyond their witness, and so she kept them to herself.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I used veil to assume a human disguise for 22 hours; the will save to see through the glamer should someone interact with it is 31. The disguise is one she normally uses when interacting with the populace, named "Lady Shar".
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-04-05 at 08:41 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    He sits, exhausted. "It was just after dark. I was walking to see my dad to ask when we'd be making camp, when suddenly there was a massive flash of light and the wagon I was next to was blasted apart! I instinctively took cover behind it, and and survived, miraculously unharmed. The same was not so for the others, I looked around and saw dead strewn around the burning caravan, wagons reduced to splinters, and above me- above me... above me... I saw-" he pauses now to take a breath, after a few seconds he speaks quickly. "I saw a great winged beast with a figure astride it, blasting fire down at the survivors, the beast swooped down and smashed one of the few surviving wagons with a single blow. The survivors - those farther away from the wagons that weren't caught in the initial blast - drew weapons and made to attack, but a howling came around us and drove us into panic, fleeing ever which way, to be hunted by the massive hounds. Oh the hounds, the where horrible, larger than horses with emerald eyes and vicious teeth, and the warrior on the bird evoked a great wall of fire, driving us into it, or we stay to be slain by his bird. I tried to sneak away, knowing battle was useless against such a powerful foe, when a bolt of fire struck in front of me, and the warrior shouted 'Halt and turn now or I shall slay you before you can take another step!' I halted, and turned. He laughed and said 'This one has skill, he survived my initial attack. You! Go to the city to which you are headed, and see the leaders, tell them of what happened. Tell them Sar Thok Gath is here, and he is waiting.' With another bolt of fire at my feet, he flew away on his bird laughing, and the hounds left too, leaving me alone completely alone. I hurried to the city all through the night, and that is that." He sighs, and looks to be on the verge of collapsing.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Could you please show on this map here where exactly the attack happened?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Note 1: I assumed we do have a map of vicinity in our conference room.
    Note 2a: When he does point me to the location, I use Soul Crystal of Clairvoyant Sense to view that location.
    Note 3: I have to make a list of Soul Crystals I prepare each night...
    Note 2b: When (if it works) I establish Clairvoyant Sense link to the attack's location, I use Soul Crystal of Retrieve (augumented to 23 PP, for up to 130 lbs.) to get an object I could use Object Reading on; a Feather if possible.
    Note 2c: I use Soul Crystal of Object Reading on it, if I got anything that could be connected to the attackers.
    Note 4: I use Soul Crystal of Remote Viewing (paying 20XP) to try and see Sar Thok Gath's mount. He gets a +5 on Will Save (I've only heard of him), possibly a -10 if I have a Feather of his. (DC 32).

    (OOC: I love how Psionic users can divine almost anything without moving out of their chair.)
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-04-05 at 10:58 AM.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    "I'm afraid I can't, it'd be between here and here." He says indicating an area between your city and 10 miles away on the road, "I'd guess about 7 miles away."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Map: Approved.

    Soul Crystals: Unless you previously had that list, don't use it. No Schrödinger's wizard.

    Also, Clairvoyant Sense says "but the locale must be known—a place familiar to you or an obvious one." I doubt that, seeing as you have teleportation, a random point on the road would be either obvious or familiar to you.

    Continue this out of character.
    Last edited by rweird; 2013-04-05 at 11:27 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    While Martera and Sharaad used disguises to fit in, Sthena eschewed such measures. Her inhuman features were clearly visible, from her serpentine lower body to the draconic wings at her shoulders. Her snake-headed hair writhed behind her as she considered the lone survivor and the words of the other influential figures. For now she kept quiet and to the back, letting the others speak and attract attention.

    In her mind she sought out her intuitions, searching through what she knew of the city and comparing it to what she had learned of this attack. There had to be a reason or purpose behind this man's actions- and if they knew, perhaps they would be better prepared.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sthena will manifest Hypercognition. She's looking for a motive or reason for the attack, some hint of the who and the why behind this attacker.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    AmberVael:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your mind races, you think of things.

    Threatening the survivor, but letting him go to tell you.

    Destroyed Caravan, didn't seem to loot it.

    All of this was done in seconds.

    You believe that Sar Thok Gath wanted to get your attention, and thusly allowed the messenger to go. You believe the whole attack is for that purpose, and he is a powerful spellcaster. He may be part of a larger organization that is responsible for the unease and coming of monsters, he very well is the leader.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You appear on the road. Nothing seems amiss. After about half a mile of travel closer to the city, you come to the place of the battle. Little but ash remains. A wagon is in splinters some 100 ft off the road. You find no feathers, though see charred bodies.

    Roll to overcome Power Resistance/Spell Resistance with your scrying thing.

    Will save (will add in modifiers afterwards): (1d20)[2]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Martera paused. "... Great bird. Hound minions. And a large number of dead... I wonder if it's possible to recover any of them? I don't think we'd get more information, but if we can, I'd rather not leave them dead, particularly if they were just trying to get to us..."

    She knew, however, that resurrecting the dead was not cheap by any measure. If only there were a way to defy that somehow...

    No. For now, she'd have to contact the temple and see what could be managed. First, however, was figuring out what they knew of this threat.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    I think we're done here. Everybody do what you can to earn some information, and we meet here again in 8 hours. I'll also manifest Mindlink, so that we all might communicate with the others were it needed. I'll go to the place where the battle happened and see what I can find there.

    Spoiler
    Show

    1. Take out Portable Hole out of Handy Haversack.
    2. Take out Soul Crystal of Teleport, Psionic Greater.
    3. Manifest the Teleport, Psionic Greater to teleport to approximate location of the ambush.
    4. If needed, fly a little until I find the corect place.
    5. Search the area for anything I could use Object Reading on to learn something about the attackers (feather seems most likely).
    6. Use Soul Crystal of Object Reading on the found object.
    7. Use Soul Crystal of Remote Viewing on Sar Thok Gath's mount, and on Sar Thok Gath himself. (2x20 XP cost)
    Overcoming_SR_1 - (1d20+36)[56]
    Overcoming_SR_2 - (1d20+36)[40]
    EDIT: Save DC is 10+4+18=32 (+5 mod for me only having heard of them, possible up to -10 mod for having some of their belongings)
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-04-05 at 02:14 PM.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find the cart that was hurled by the bird, though nothing you know to be Sar Thok Gath's. The bird leaves no feathers, and apparently shed no blood.

    Object Reading for the Cart:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Race: Roc
    Gender: Male
    Age: 69
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Gained object through picking it up in claw, taking from caravan, lost by throwing it at fleeing merchants, to where it now rests.

    Previous owner:
    Race: Human.
    Age: 39
    Alignment: LN
    Gain: Bought it, lost from the Roc taking it.

    I assume you don't want to go further.


    You see the bird, though your attempt to find Sar Thok Gath fails.

    The bird is in a cavern, where exactly you cannot tell. Four large hounds circle it. The cavern is non-descript and illuminated by glowing stones.

    Make a ML check for your remote viewing (not to overcome SR/PR, just a straight ML check).

    Also, what is your hide check to stay hidden?

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Martera nodded to a voice only she could hear. Telepathically, she responded to Sorin: Understood. I'll join you once you find the location.

    Spoiler
    Show

    1. Allow the Mindlink to activate if/when Sorin casts it.
    2. Once Sorin's found the site, teleport over there via her spell-like ability.
    3. Since this would subject her to potentially needing to stay hidden: Hide check - [roll0]
    4. Search for victim's bodies, trying to count the dead.
    5. Search the caravan for saleable goods - not to take herself, but to fund raising as many of the dead as possible without dipping into her own funds.
    6. If nothing has interrupted her yet, she'll teleport to the Temple to get some people around to get to raising the victims.
    7. If she's still good, she'll start going around town, beginning to hunt for rumors about - based on Sorin's findings - a Roc and its master. Gather Information: [roll0]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Spoiler
    Show

    ML_Check_I_Don't_Know_What's_For - (1d20+22)[38]
    Hide - (1d20+77)[90]
    It's +37 normal modifier and additional +40 if the Roc can't detect me using special senses.
    If there is anything that could belong to Sar Thok Gath in sight (I don't know, a Barding or Saddle? I guess Sar Thok Gath would be 1st owner and the Roc the 2nd) I manifest Retrieve (aww! 2nd UPPD today!) on it. Save DC: 34, Will if the object's attended.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, there is barding, though it weights to much to be taken, and a saddle also weight to much (cost *2 PP to use powers via remove sensing, so you only could get around 20 lbs).

    The Roc doesn't seem to notice you.

    Are you just waiting now?


    NekoIncardine:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dead seems like around 100, many of which are incinerated beyond recognition (requires something that doesn't require a body). Pretty much nothing of worth, everything was incinerated for the most part. There is one cart that has spices of sorts spilled out. You think it would be worth around 5,000 GP at most.

    Gather Information: Pretty much the attacks, wild rumors are flying around, distorted from what you were told. They know little of him though, your information that it is a Roc is actually giving more information.

    Sorry, gather information only can tell you things people know, here you are some of the best informed.

    For the temple: Raise dead is a 5th level spell, I think you are the only capable of actually raising the dead, the temple is just of your followers and you.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Spoiler
    Show
    It's 10 lb/level + 10 lb/Augumented PP, not 10+10/augumented PP =] And I think this barding might fit within 220 lbs. With Sorin's supreme strength he could easily hold about 220 lbs. in one hand.
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-04-05 at 06:11 PM.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gem_Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    A Soul Sucking Small Town
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    As she more or less thought of it as her Temple to Mystra, she generally assumed people knew she wasn't evil, or figured it out pretty quick. A such, she did little more than minor makeup to her face. Her eyes still betrayed her undead nature, but she wasn't interested in seeking out petty baubles to cover her eyes, and if she really needed, she could always get a pair of those sundark goggles Drow and Kobolds use, but as it was her home, she never felt the need. She passed by the small room Elroy tended to stay in, it wasn't a bedroom, but he didn't sleep, he just stared out the window as the temple drifted.

    "Elroy," she broke his concentration and he turned to look at her, then followed her into the room with the man who was just explaining his tragic tale.

    "Large Hounds, Large Bird, you can't recall any particular details about them that might narrow it down? We have large libraries, any one of which might have pictures to help you identify the beasts?"
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born


    "Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, will save: (1d20+30)[33]

    If it fails, it goes into your hand, then you vanish due to the remote viewing vanishing, if it fails, you just vanish (unless you have some way to take it with you).

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Wow, that save was very close to suceeding.)
    Sorin vanishes from the cave.
    When he returns his senses to his body, he uses Soul Crystal of Object Reading again, this time on the barding, to get to know the owners before the Roc itself.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do you still still have the saddle? Your form just vanished once you grabbed it. I don't think that you'd still have it (unless something explicitly says you keep it).

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Spoiler
    Show
    Retrieve teleports the item directly to my hand. My hand is where my body is. What's wrong with the thinking there? When I project with Remote Viewing, only my senses are projected, my body is left where it was.
    Retrieving an object seen through Divination is a common tactics or so I've heard.
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-04-05 at 06:39 PM.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it projects your form as an Ectoplasmic Form, I suppose it'll appear in your real hand then.

    When you get up, you see a winged man standing in front of you holding your handy haversack. He starts quickly when you awake and the saddle appears, and tenses.

    Initiative: (1d20+13)[14]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't Martera somewhere nearby?
    Initiative_Why_Do_I_Even_Bother_To_Roll - (1d20+43)[57]
    Wow, who would've guessed, I've won initiative. I take it I can act now?
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-04-05 at 06:57 PM.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you can act now.

    Martera isn't here anymore, you spent like 10 minutes for your first object reading, she searched around and left to go see if anyone in the town knows anything.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dunkoro's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure thing. I'd like to identify the creature. Which Knowledge should I roll?
    Regardless, I manifest Overchanneled for 2 (Overchannel_Damage - (3d8)[9]) Quickened Twinned Empowered Maximized Stun Ray
    Ranged_Touch_Attack_1 - (1d20+23)[42]
    Ranged_Touch_Attack_2 - (1d20+23)[37]
    Then I manifest Overchanneled for 3 (Overchannel_Damage - (5d8)[33]) Dominate, Psionic augumented with all type and duration augumentations and 1 additional target augumentation.
    Piercing_SR - (1d20+39)[57]
    Save DC is 10+4+7+18=39
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

    - Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

    This sentence is false.

    Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Where i'm not, not.

    Default Re: The Balance Shifts - In Character

    Dunkoro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both rays seem to bounce off some invisible barrier (deflection bonus to AC).

    The dominate has no effect (unless you can pierce immunity to mind-effecting).

    The man smiles at your attacks ineffectiveness, and, chanting a spell, you burst into flame [casting Twinned, Searing, Maximized, Empowered Combust].
    Touch ranged attack: (1d20+35)[52]
    Damage: (5d8+96)[125] Searing [immunity is half damage] fire damage
    (1d20+35)[42]
    (5d8+96)[120]

    EDIT: Also, two DC 15 reflex saves or catch on fire taking 1d6 searing fire damage/round.

    Knowledge: You automatically identify him as a human, though he has wings for some reason... odd.
    Last edited by rweird; 2013-04-05 at 07:31 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •