Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dark Heresy: Lost and Gone Forever

Isidore

Spoiler
    Show
    Upon discovering the foreign substance, Isidore vehemently emits a short burst of static as he readies his weapon. His first reflex is to attempt ot analyse this alone, but he's part of a team now. Better to have someone watch his back. Unfortunately, most of the team lacked the means to communicate long distance, except for himself and Cat. Whether or not she would prove to be a boon or a hindrance in this matter though only time would tell. Focibly modulating the tone of his broadcast voice, he begins to speak into the microbead. "Caterina, could you please meet me at our suite? I find that I finally have time to make those modifications to your hunting rifle you have been begging me to undertake." Hopefully her interest would be peaked enough to meet him, he dare not risk anything further over comms that could not be guaranteed secure. Now what could the intruder have been doing over here...
    While he ponders that question, he attempts to track the intruders path within the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[13] TN 60 Logic
    And let's try this: (1d100)[44] TN 50 to attempt to Track the intruder's movements
    Additionally, does Isidore know if the cameras in the hall outside their domicile are designed to capture the images locally or remotely?
    Skill rolls for that information
    (1d100)[35] TN 30 Common Lore Tech Untrained
    (1d100)[77] for whatever else you may need to determine that

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Cat, Mordicai, Lorr
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cat jumped as her microbead buzzed. "Caterina, could you please meet me at our suite? I find that I finally have time to make those modifications to your hunting rifle you have been begging me to undertake." It was Isidore's voice.

Isidore
    Spoiler
    Show
    There were other spots of dirt in the room, when Isidore checked further. It was impossible to track the intruder around the room, but from what Isidore could tell, they had been searching. The case they had been given by the inquisitor seemed to have been untouched, though- the anti-tamper device in the lid was still showing a green rune.

He considered the cameras. On a station like this, footage would most likely be centrally hosted. With that amount of cameras though, they'd need massive processing power, which suggested distribution. Hard to tell, really.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2013-09-11 at 03:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lysander smiles, his mood lightening. "That sounds fair enough. I was worried for a moment that he got kicked out for chasing Dr Byron as well! Now that wouldn't be a good precedent, eh?"

Turning as if to go, he pauses halfway to the door. "Actually, on that note - did you say this intern liked Dr Byron herself?" Lowering his tone conspiratorially, Fawkes gazes intently at the medic. "Just between men, Dmitri - how would you rate my chances with the good doctor? She the right - sort - for a chap?" Or will I have to send Scythia after her?, the thought goes unspoken.

OOC: brilliant, thanks. I don't see myself finding out much more without outstaying my welcome, so I think Lysander'll be up for leaving the med bay after this, maybe going looking for other guests or (if it suits you better) returning to the rooms first to refresh himself.
    Playing

'Lost and Gone Forever' (DH), as Warden Lysander Fawkes of Pry-41, disinherited nobleman, embittered idealist and proud officer of the Divisio Immoralis.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat - Mine Tour Group

Spoiler
    Show
    She barely spares a glance for Trenton as she saunters casually past him. Honestly, if he wanted paying for that he should at least have made it interesting. Stuck to the floor and forced to listen? Where's the fun in that? And it's not it was even useful to go out with noting but a tiny thin skin between her and sudden, horrible dea-

No. No, not thinking about that. Not now, not ever. Seriously, those Voiders at the 'Port bars must have just been having it on. How could nothing kill someone like that, all blood-boiling-out-of-your-eyes stuff? As if.

...though now she thinks of it, that would have been a great story to tell to all those dandies along for the ride. And for the regular guests on the tour, too. Why didn't she think of that sooner?

She blinks as she registers the fight in front of her, inspects it thoroughly and then snorts dismissively. What a waste of good steel. Hmm. It is pretty good steel, though...

Of course, before she can do anything about that, her microbead buzzes.

"What?" she growls in to the piece, ignoring the looks she's getting for the sudden loud squeal from her microbead. "What hunt- ugh. Right,"

She rolls her eyes impatiently and stalks off in the direction of the suite.

Damn tech-priests and their stupid, hair-brained, no-good, useless - augh. She really is going to try molasses on him for this. Warp-take it, why did no-one bother agreeing on a system of code-words and signs before using the Emperor-blasted things?!

...either that, or Isidore's got a spring loose in his clockwork brain.
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2013-09-11 at 05:48 PM.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Mine Tour Group
    Spoiler
    Show

Mordicai nodded to Lorr, indicating that he could leave him. The man seemed to have made a useful contact with that body-guard. He strode off behind Cat, essentially ignoring her, and over to Isadora.

"Enjoying the show?" He is all smiles again, no longer feeling quite as sick as he did in the mines. He felt much better now he could ignore the fact they were in space.

Last edited by Betrayer; 2013-09-11 at 04:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    "She's the right sort, definitely," Dimitri offered with another wink, "But I can't speak for your chances there."

He turned away from Lysander again, and began busying himself tidying one of the countertops. "If that's all..." The brush-off was implicit.

Cat+ Isidore
    Spoiler
    Show
    When Cat reached the room, she found Isidore staring at the floor, frowning to himself. There was, of course, no hunting rifle in evidence.

OOC: From now on, you two share a spoiler.

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isadora smiled at Mordicai and gestured at the seat next to her. "Cai! Do sit down. These duels are excellent- although they used to be better, I think."

"That swordswoman on your staff. She looks like a rather deadly fighter. Where DID you find her?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cat+ Isidore

Spoiler
    Show
    Even while looking at the floor, Isidore has trained his laspistol on the opening door. Glancing up, he puts it back at his side pointing at the floor. He waits until the door shuts again. "I apologize for pulling you away from our companions however, someone was in this room while we were gone. They left almost no trace except for these mud particles. From what I can tell from the trail they left in the carpet, they were searching for something. I for one would like to attempt to discover who it was, and why. Would you care to accompany me? A second set of eyes, and more importantly weapons, I believe may come in handy..." he says, his eyes taking on a slight hardness that was not there before.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat and Isidore

Spoiler
    Show
    "Y'know, if I'd been a cleaner, I'd probably been running to tell my boss right now," she says, eyeing the laspistol without a great deal of concern as she leans her back on the now-shut door to stare the Tech-Priest down.

Rolling her shoulders, Cat gives a half-shrug after considering Isidore's words for a few moments.

"...sure. Hadn't got much else to do,"

Except go and look at those birds properly. Hmph.

"Got a plan? Or," she cracks her knuckles, "are we just wandering around scaring people 'til they tell us? 'Cause while that's kinda fun, it probably won't do much good,"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cat and Isidore

Spoiler
    Show
    "Whereas people may lie to us, the cameras in the hall likely saw the intruder. The question becomes getting access to the cogitator that has the data. Luckily, I should be able to trace the data back. Shall we?" he asks as he heads for the door, stepping into the hallway and checking for other guests and the nearest camera.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also is going to be checking to see if the cameras point at each other... may need to mess with one here...

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Isidore and Cat
    Spoiler
    Show
    The corridors were, at least briefly, empty. Isidore inspected the camera angles- it looked like one of them was covered by no others, but could only see part of the corridor outside the room. If the intruder had come from the left, it would have missed them completely. It seemed to be the only camera near the door that wasn't watched by another, though.

A steward passed, nodding a greeting to the two acolytes. Isidore was uncomfortably reminded of how exposed he would be in the corridor.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tracking the camera feed or disabling a camera is a base +0 Tech-Use test. If you want to, you can nominate the difficulty- from -30 to +30, reflecting how much you're rushing the job- an easier tech-use test will take longer and increase your chances of detection.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, now that would be telling." He winks at her conspiratorially, and sits down next to her. "Well, I suppose as long as you promise not to tell anyone... You may have noticed she's not the best mannered - she's... " He looks around conspiratorially, places his hand on her shoulder, leans a little closer to her and stage whispers: "she's a down hiver." He's smiling, half joking.

He sits back. "But she's good. Very good. I'd trust her to stop anyone coming for me. When were they better? I mean - the fighters?"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, I watched them yesterday." Isadora replied, waving a hand airily. "You should suggest your underhiver friend takes them on. But she's a real underhiver? So many young nobles make up these grand fanciful stories about their retinues. I once knew a man who claimed his bodyguard was from the Astartes: I told him astartes seldom used sling-guns."

"What's with your aide? He seems a strange one. I spoke to Scythia, and she had a few very interesting things to say about him."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cat and Isidore

Spoiler
    Show
    "Keep an eye out and either try to warn me or buy me some more time." Isidore says as he takes out his combi-tool, and attempts to trace the signal at a decent pace.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[88] TN 50 (60 +10 Combi Tool -20 Speed)
    Using this same amount of time would it be possible to also use Cogs within Cogs to set it up to deactivate at my whim?
    Fate point if necessary: (1d100)[72]
    Damn. Finally get to do something in Isidore's specialty and I roll poorly. *sigh*

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh most definitely. Thanks for everything, Dmitri, you've been very helpful."

Leaving the doctor alone in the med-bay, Lysander sets off into the rest of the space station, making sure to look out for security devices covering the med-bay front door on the way. Brushing past a pair of servants, he glances at his expensive chrono, and is pleasantly surprised to see that there is still some time to pass before the rest of Scythia's party are due back from their sightseeing trip.

Might as well have a little one of my own, he reckons, and sets off wandering through the corridors, curious as to what he might come across.
    Playing

'Lost and Gone Forever' (DH), as Warden Lysander Fawkes of Pry-41, disinherited nobleman, embittered idealist and proud officer of the Divisio Immoralis.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You are a nosy one, aren't you? Well, I've been assured she's the real deal. She had very convincing references. Lorr? He's a good aide. I suppose he's a bit odd, but he's always been dependable.

"What did Si-Si say? I thought she liked him? Anyway, what have you been up to this morning?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat and Isidore

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yessir Mister Tech-Priest! One thug coming up," she snorts, rolling her eyes. Seriously. That's the best he's got? "Would you like me to shine your shiny bits, too?" she adds brightly, with an edge that strongly suggests an answer of 'yes' will result in Isidore losing something that can't be replaced with a bionic.

"...and you're doing that wrong," she snorts, glancing over his shoulder. "Look, that bit goes there and that bit over there, and... what? Think I've never had to mess with a security feed before?" she gives him a challenging look. "Someone's been dead sneaky here," she adds, pushing in to get a closer look, pointing out an odd coil of wiring and components.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Cat and Isidore
    Spoiler
    Show
    Restraining the temptation to swat Cat's hands away from the interior of the camera, Isidore inspected the cluster of wires she'd pointed out. It wasn't as sneaky as she seemed to think, but it was significant- a short-range transmitter, good for wide data bands (like, say, sending out a video in real-time) but with very short range- it's reciever could be no more than twenty or thirty meters away.

Footsteps, muffled by the hall carpeting, suddenly very close. Cat attempted to close the camera up, but it was hard to reach and the screws on the casing were fiddly. She nearly dropped it, and they were still in the middle of the corridor and whoever was coming was about to round the corner and-

-and it was Lysander, the arbite they had met earlier who had been talking with Scythia about his investigation. He looked at them, their hands in the guts of the camera.

OOC: From now on, include Lysander in your spoilers.

Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Traipsing through the station lost its allure fast. Most of the stewards or other below-deck staff tried to avoid Lysander, and the deeper he went, the stranger the looks he got from those of the staff not wearing the neat stewards jackets. It seemed that certain areas there was an unspoken agreement that guests did not enter- and certain other areas, such as the areas around the massive canisters of chemicals for the dome, or the outer shell decks of the ship, were obviously locked off to everyone.

Lysander made his way back up to the top of the station, heading along one of the corridors in the acommodation area. He was starting to get lost in his own thoughts when he rounded the corner and almost walked straight into Isidore and Cat, who were stretched up on tiptoes to mess around in the guts of one of the omnipresent cameras.

They looked at him like HE was the guilty one.

OOC: From now on, include Cat and Isidore in your spoilers. Yes, i've fluffed the times a little. Presumably Lysander spent a while strolling.

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, browsing, relaxing. I took a walk in the dome. Their birdwatching guides are excellent; that steward from our journey here seems to be an expert in them."

She gestured to a waiter, who brought over a small silver teapot and cup. "And another cup and some Desour biscuits, please. Inquisitiveness is just in my nature, I suppose." For her talk about class equality, Isadora had a true noblewoman's ability to switch her focus away from the servants as if they weren't there. "My father tells me I used to try and break into his study to find out what he was doing."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat, Isidore, Lysander

Spoiler
    Show
    "...what?" she asks, as if she hadn't just been about to throw the camera covering at Lysander's head - followed by a couple of throwing knives.

Though there's still time for that to happen if the 'Biter get all funny about things...

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cat, Isidore, and Lysander

Spoiler
    Show
    Successfully fighting down the indoctrinated reaction to interference by a lay person is rewarded by the discovery of the transmitter. "My assumption was that you simply would avoid such devices. Typically the more one manipulates their environment, the more evidence is left of one's involvement. Regardless, your assistance is appreciated," Isidore says as he begins to examine the transmitter, attempting to determine the frequency it employes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[69] TN 60/70 (depends on if I can use the omni-tool or auspex here. Am trying to figure out the frequency with the intent of (possibly) tracing it back to the source.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lysander freezes, momentarily stunned at the unexpected sight of two individuals messing about with a security camera. Then he recognises them as two of Scythia's retinue, and gives them a wry smile.

"Hope you've cleared this with Her Ladyship..."

Glancing back over his shoulder to make sure the coast is clear, he moves past them to take up a stance overlooking the corridor beyond. God-Emperor knows that someone ought to be keeping watch on this angle. "Just hurry up with whatever you're doing, you can fill me in on the way back to the room."
    Playing

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So I suppose you know half the gossip about the station already then?" He teases her, grinning. "And even more from Scintilla, I'd wager. I always seem to miss out on the good stuff."

His voice drops and his face falls with this last sentence, faking dejection for comedic effect. Then, as though he could not prevent himself, he shoots a look at Isadora, his eyes smiling.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Cat, Isidore, Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    The exact frequency of the cameras broadcaster was easy to discern, and by loading it into the auspex's sensors Isidore was able to track the broad-beam easily, practically able to see the glowing data stream in the air. It vanished into a wall almost immediately, but in the next corridor across appeared again, heading away from the dome. He followed it into the back corridors of the station, into the crew's "backstage" area, to one of the small Cogitator stations that dotted the less public areas of the station. From this Cogitator, one could, in theory, watch the camera feed, or search it's recordings.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    To dig out the recording you want will take a tech-use test. If you want to use the combi-tool, that will, as before, be very visible to any passer-by.

Mordicai
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, all the gossip." Isadora laughed. "Why, was there anything in particular you wanted to know?"

OOC: If you want to ask for sensitive/supicious info from Isadora without seeming suspicious, make an interaction test.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2013-09-19 at 01:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cat, Isidore, Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah good, it seems that the data is stored rather than being reviewed live. That makes this procedure much easier, and indicates that such files are only reviewed in the case of an incident. Now then, let us see what this cogitator has for us." Isidore says in low tones to his companions, cooing softly to the cogitator as his plugs into the device, to begin looking for vidfiles from the hallway between when the cell left their suites this "morning" and his return, downloading the relevant files for later review in the suite.

Spoiler
    Show
    Logic test to attempt to find a pattern to the file storage, and (presumably) a bonus to the tech-use test: (1d100)[26] TN 50
    Tech use: (1d100)[81] Reroll in OoC: 41 TN 60/70 If pass Logic test.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Cat, Isidore, Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lysander twitches irritably as he waits, right hand drifting slightly towards his side arm before he halts himself. We get caught, coming out shooting'll only make it worse. Nervous, he glances back over his shoulder at the other two, scowling at the techpriest, who now seems to be singing softly to the machine.

"We done yet?" Fething mech-heads...
    Playing

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat, Isidore and Lysander

Spoiler
    Show
    Cat echoes Lysander;

"Yeah, are we done yet? This thuggery lark's pretty dull if there's no-one to thug. Or, wait, you need me to do the techy stuff again?" she adds with one of her specialty daemon-grins.

Glancing up and down the corridor, she begins to drum her fingers on the hilt of one of her swords.

Dull, dull, dull.

Oh well. She can ditch them soon enough and go stalk things on her own - that ought to make up for a bit of boredom now.

...though of course, she could be stalking on her own right now if it weren't for a certain someone.

She gives the back of Isidore's head the evil eye.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Cat, Isidore and Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I apologize that this particular task did not lead to a shoot-out but when I began I knew not where it would lead. Next time I shall endeavour to include some element of danger... And I will recall the level of professionalism you are both embodying when either of you ask me to provide support or a second set of eyes. So yes Cat, by all means run off and prove the old adage regarding the species of animal your moniker derives from true once more as you are too shortsighted to see the benefit to engaging in this sort of activity with support. And I would think one in your line of work would have learned better a long time ago, Lysander. A single cog does not an effective machine make." he says bitingly while finishing the download so that he can begin analysis as soon as possible. Omnissiah grant me strength...

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lysander glowers back at the techpriest. "Don't you tell me my job, cogger. Just get yours done, and cut out that damn cooing. You're lucky I'm the only person who's stumbled across you so far, without you adding noise to the mix", he grumbles, resuming his lookout stance round the corner ahead.

Inside, however, he's delighted at the exchange. A techpriest with emotions! And I thought I'd seen it all! Where does Scythia find these people? The week is looking up.
    Playing

28. - Top - End - #268
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lorr

Spoiler
    Show

Having been summarily dismissed, Lorr decides to head off and do a bit of investigation on his own. Finding somewhere he can get another copy of the station map, he looks through the range of entertainments on offer. Assessing the range of bars, he decides to head for one which looks like it caters for the servant classes.

Vs Inquiry 34 to see if he hears anything interesting to start him off: (1d100)[39]

A one worm armoury. Proficient with none of it.

Lorr Cordasco, Telepath, Lost and Gone Forever

GiTP Murder game

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Cat, Isidore & Lysander

Spoiler
    Show
    Cat gives Isidore a very odd look.

"Yeah, you remember that. Remember that I don't want to do this but I'm still here. You asked me to help," she says coolly. "You want me to help the boss be nosy, and you got it. Want me to do it your way rather than mine? Fine. Just don't ask me to like doing it your way,"

Swirling irritably on her heel she stalks up and down the corridor a few times; more for the look of the thing than out of any kind of expectation that it'd be useful.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Cat, Isidore, Lysander
    Spoiler
    Show
    The files began downloading, graphics spooling across the datapad screen as a "loading" bar began to fill, painfully slowly. Cat and Lysander paced awkwardly as Isidore resisted the urge to tap his foot impatiently.

Footprints approached along the corridor, out of sight. Cat tensed up, but they turned off and moved away.

The download finished, the loading bar folding itself up and vanishing. Isidore tugged the datapad's wire out of the cogitator's port, but as he slipped it into his pocket, he noticed a new window opening itself on the cogitator's screen, this one drawn in angry red rather than bilious green.

>>>USER ADM-ENKMN-4336>>>REQUEST IDENTIFICATION
    >>>USER ADM-ENKMN-4336>>>I REQUEST USER IDENTIFICATION
    >>>USER ADM-ENKMN-4336>>>ACCESS TO CLASSIFIED DATA
    >>>USER ADM-ENKMN-4336>>>FOR WHAT REASON

Lorr
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Lorr was crossing through the dome, passing under a grove of Rhaburnums, Quint, the bodyguard he had met at the meal last night, moved to walk next to him. He didn't look at the acolyte, instead staring straight ahead through his dark glasses, hands resting lightly by pistols, boots clicking on the crazy-paving path.

"Don't look at me." The bodyguard growled. "We're two servants, sharing a word as we take a break. Here in the dome, the cameras can see but can't hear. Understand? Yes?"

"Tell me, mister Lorr. You seemed interested when I mentioned the illnesses. Why?" His voice took on a slightly mocking tone again. "Something of a hypochondriac?"