New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Your favourite Actual Play podcasts?

Due to a dearth of real opportunities to play tabletop RPGs in my life, I've recently begun to get my fix by listening to actual play podcasts. My favourites right now are everything Strand Gamers have to offer. They have Pathfinder, Burning Wheel, World of Darkness, and numerous other one-shots, all of them light-hearted and entertaining but still filled with good RP and story progression.

Does anyone else listen to these kinds of podcasts and can recommend something?
    Last edited by Wonton; 2013-04-12 at 08:18 AM.
    Rules that supersede Rule 0:

Rule -1: You're all there to have fun. The GM and the players should never do anything that would limit people's fun, for any in-game or real-life reason.

Rule -0.5 (corollary): That means that if someone's fun is getting in the way of other people's fun, that person needs to change how they're playing.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Your favourite Actual Play podcasts?

I occasionally listen to the Walking Eye. I prefer the episodes in which they aren't gaming and instead talking about what worked and what didn't but listenening to the sessions provides the context to that.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Ideology of Madness site which does Funnybook with Arun and Paulie did a couple of sandboxes one on a superhero savage worlds actual play the other called Star Trek Aegean has yet to get beyond the sandbox stage.

Try Knights of Reignsborough as they're about to start the second season of this and given it, its own website preparing for the next season by reissuing the original sandbox and first season episodes.

Gamerstable does a couple especially liked their take on Iron gm (sorry player) d&d where they roll their characters in an episode but declare their race and class beforehand... I think they're about to do a Savage Worlds version of Conan but they have done a saga version of Sith in the Old Republic if you want to take a look.

Did you mention the Penny Arcade stuff both the audio and you tube videos?

Not much of a fan of the latest Mines of Madness audio release mind you...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

SomethingAwful has been doing a long standing "podcast-with additional table video" Let's Play of a 4E game that's been quite hilarious. If you can't get onto SA for whatever reason (most likely the member wall being up), both the podcasts and videos are mirrored on kisamayatsu.com.
    Proud beta-tester for Pirates vs. Ninjas

Contributions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have enough templates in your life? Let's Read the Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition!(Abandoned)

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In the employer/BBEG's mansion.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Thursday Knights is a pretty good one. Also I second Walking Eye and Strand Gamers.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I really like Critical Hits by Major Spoilers. They are in season four and have 195 one hour podcasts. Very funny, but also a very good guide to 4E mechanics as they will take time to explain the mechanics for some stuff.
    Awesome avatar by Akrim.elf

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Roleplaying Public Radio. Or RPPR
    They had a near 50 session long 4e campaign
    Are near finishing posting the end to Eclipse Phase and Wild Talents campaign.
    Also they have done several one-shots and mini campaigns.
    From a GURPS game of epic. To Lady Gaga 2.0. Candle Cove. and so one

Drunk and Ugly. Has some great games to and though they have problems with rules sometimes or not saying no to a certain person its great.
    They have a Monsters and Other Childish Things campaign that is nearing 60 sessions for the listeners(each session ranging from 3 to 6 hours)
    A secondary campaign that is 25. A mini Monsters campaign that was 11. Another mini monsters game that was 5(each session about 5 hours)
    Some Little Fears one-shots. A Little Fears campaign. There own Wild Talents game. There soon to be published rpg Sordid Dystopia campaigns for that. Just a lot of great stuff.

Outside of that

Evil is as Evil Does
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonknight View Post
    I really like Critical Hits by Major Spoilers. They are in season four and have 195 one hour podcasts. Very funny, but also a very good guide to 4E mechanics as they will take time to explain the mechanics for some stuff.
    I enjoy their podcasts also. While I have not had time to listen to more than the first episode, the series, the podcast Drunks and Dragons is entertainingly bad, it is a group of people trying to 4ed. for the first time with maybe one or two having actually played D&D before.
    Last edited by Buddha's_Cookie; 2013-04-13 at 12:40 PM.
    Avatar by Gazebo's Bane. Many thanks.

Nothing is more dangerous than a plan that is without an exit strategy.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would be amiss to not mention www.rpgmp3.com (the site originally used by the Strand Gamers before they branched off), however I am also a bit biased in the suggestion. Still, I've been a long-time fan and the site has one of the few completed runs of the World's largest Dungeon, possibly the only audio record at that too.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I listen to Critical Hit podcast and RollPlay on youtube and twitch.tv.