New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Tarrasque + 17 Templates [3.5e]

This isn't technically homebrew since it uses purely 1st party stuff but it definitely wasn't intended by WoTC.

Ultimate Tarrasque
    Colossal Outsider (Psionic)
    HD 107d12+8025 (9309 hp)
    Speed 180 ft. (36 squares); Climb 180 ft., Fly 240 ft. (Perfect)
    Init: +27
    AC 132; touch 55; flat-footed 109 (-8 size, +23 Dex, +77 natural, +12 insight, +12 luck, +6 deflection)
    BAB +63; Grp +135
    Attack Bite +159 melee (4d8+76/18–20/x3)
    Full-Attack 30 Bites +159 melee (6d8+76/18–20/x3) and 31 horns +159 melee (2d6+47) and 2 claws +159 melee (2d8+47) and tail slap +159 melee (4d8+47)
    Space 30 ft.; Reach 20 ft.
    Special Attacks Annihilator, aspect of earth, augmented critical, breath weapon, feed, frightful presence, improved grab, pull of earth, rend (4d8+93), rush, spell-like abilities, smite chaos, smite good, swallow whole, true strike
    Special Qualities Alternate form, carapace, damage reduction 15/epic, darkvison 90ft., eldritch, eternal servant, evasion, fast healing 5, immunity to acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic, paralysis, polymorphing, fear, flanked, sleep, petrification, poison, disease, energy drain, and ability damage, low-light vision, perfect life, power resistance 58, protected, regeneration 40, scent, shadow blend, spell absorption, spell resistance 535, tainted constriction, tremorsense 60 ft., water breathing
    Saves Fort +118 Ref +78 Will +66
    Abilities Str 122, Dex 56, Con 136, Int 28, Wis 45, Cha 41
    Skills Appraise +58, Autohypnosis +66, Balance +72, Bluff +64, Climb +105, Decipher Script +58, Diplomacy +64, Escape Artist +72, Hide +56, Intimidate +67, Jump +105, Knowledge (All 11) +58, Listen +134, Move Silently +78, Search +116, Sense Motive +66, Spellcraft +58, Spot +140, Swim +105, Tumble +72, Use Magic Device +64
    Feats Alertness, Armour Skinb, Awesome Blow, Blind Fight, Blinding Speed (3), Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Epic Leadership, Epic Toughness (13), Great Cleave, Leadership, Legendary Commander, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Multitattackb, Iron Will, Power Attack, Toughness (6)
    Environment Any
    Organization Apocalypse (Unique Creature)
    Challenge Rating 79 (According to templates)
    Treasure None
    Alignment Always Lawful Evil
    Advancement 107-165 HD (Colossal), 166-214 HD (Enormous), 215-267 HD (Immense), 268-321 HD (Behemothic)
    Level Adjustment No. Just no.

This nigh unstoppable beast was the first thing in existance, the bastard child of the earth deity. From its slumber a planet was born, and legend says that when it awakens the planet shall cease to be.

The ultimate tarrasque is 70 feet long and 50 feet tall, and it weighs about 130 tons. The ultimate tarrasque can speak and understand every language, though it rarely communicates with its prey.

Combat
    The ultimate tarrasque’s natural weapons are treated as epic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
    Alternate Form (Su): As a standard action, an ultimate tarrasque can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass of darkness and flesh. Despite the alien appearance, its abilities remain unchanged. Other creatures receive a –14 morale penalty on their attack rolls against the tarrasque when it is in this alternate form.
    While in this form it's normal natural attacks are replaced by the following:
    27 Tentacle rakes +148 (2d8+56).
    Annihilator: Each ultimate tarrasque gains a +25 luck bonus to attack rolls, a +15 insight bonus to attack rolls, and a +20 luck bonus to all damage rolls for melee attacks. Also it is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.
    Aspect of Earth (Su): The ultimate tarrasque can use a swift action to summon an elder earth elemental known as the Aspect. The aspect attacks the tarrasques foes and serves it to the best of its ability. The tarrasque can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.
    The aspect remains with the tarrasque unless dismissed (a standard action) or killed. If the aspect is slain, it can be summoned again after 24 hours, fully healed.
    Augmented Critical (Ex): The tarrasque’s bite threatens a critical hit on a natural attack roll of 18–20, dealing triple damage on a successful critical hit.
    Breath Weapon (Su): The ultimate tarrasque possesses a cone-shaped breath weapon with the range 30 ft. This breath weapon deals 3d8 points of fire and 3d8 points of sonic damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 121) reduces damage by half.
    Note that because of it’s thirty heads; when the breath weapon is used, it uses the breath weapon thirty times at once. Each of these cones can aim in different directions. This breath weapon can be used only once per day.
    Carapace (Ex): The tarrasque’s armorlike carapace is exceptionally tough and highly reflective, deflecting all rays, lines, cones, and even magic missile spells. There is a 43% chance of reflecting any such effect back at the caster; otherwise, it is merely negated. Check for reflection before rolling to overcome the creature’s spell resistance.
    Earthbound: With each movement of the ultimate tarrasque, dust falls from its form. Also, while it is asleep earth and minerals grow from the ultimate tarrasques body at a rate of one cubic foot per six years of sleep.
    Eldritch (Su): The ultimate tarrasque cannot be detected remotely through scrying, remote viewing, or other means of divination. In addition, the ultimate tarrasque constantly has 20% concealment.
    Eternal Servant (Su): The ultimate tarrasque enjoy the continual benefit of an unseen servant, as the spell. If dissipated by 6 or more points of damage from an area attack, or if it ceases to exist by moving more than 35 feet away from you, the servant re-forms 1 round later in any square adjacent to the tarrasque.
    Feed (Su): When an ultimate tarrasque slays a humanoid opponent, it can feed on the corpse, devouring both flesh and life force. For every 8 HD the tarrasque consumes, it gains one hit die. The tarrasque can delay in feeding for up to one day per HD it has; after that time the humanoids life force is beyond its reach. Feeding destroys the victim’s body and prevents any form of raising or resurrection that requires part of the corpse. There is a 50% chance that a wish, miracle, or true resurrection spell can restore a devoured victim to life. Check once for each destroyed creature. If the check fails, the creature cannot be brought back to life by mortal magic.
    Frightful Presence (Su): The tarrasque can inspire terror by charging or attacking. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC 78 Will save or become shaken, remaining in that condition as long as they remain with 60 feet of the tarrasque. The save DC is Charisma-based.
    Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, the tarrasque must hit a Huge or smaller opponent with its bite attack or a gargantuan or smaller opponent with its tentacle rake. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to swallow the foe the following round.
    Multiheaded (Ex): Having a redundant head makes the ultimate tarrasque more able to survive otherwise lethal attacks. Thus, a vorpal blade would have to remove all heads to have its usual effect. Severing a head requires hitting the tarrasque’s neck (same AC as normal) with a slashing weapon and dealing 310 points of damage. (The player must declare an attack against the neck just before making the attack roll.) The severed head dies, and a natural reflex seals the neck shut to prevent further blood loss. The tarrasque can no longer attack with the severed head but takes no other penalties.
    Naturally Psionic: Ultimate tarrasque have 1 power point.
    Perfect Life: An ultimate tarrasque always has maximum hit points. They also gain an additional 12 hit points per HD.
    Psi Like Abilities: 3/Day – Defensive precognition, empty mind, intellect fortress, mind thrust. Caster level 15th. 1/Day – Aversion, body adjustment, brain lock, energy current, fission, force screen, psionic blast, psionic dominate, psionic teleport, psychic crush, tower of iron will, ultrablast. Manifester Level 48. The save DCs are charisma-based.
    Protected: The ultimate tarrasque possesses a +12 insight bonus to AC and a +12 luck bonus to AC. They also gain a +10 insight bonus to all saves and a +2 luck bonus to all saves.
    Pull of Earth (Su): As a move action, once per day, the ultimate tarrasque can make all flying creatures within 60 ft. be forced 30 ft. towards the ground. A successful fortitude save (DC 126), negates this. The DC is constitution based.
    Regeneration (Ex): No form of attack deals lethal damage to the ultimate tarrasque. The tarrasque regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the tarrasque fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature’s full normal hit points +10 (or 9319 hp). The tarrasque is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem’s cursed wound ability.
    The tarrasque can be slain only by raising its nonlethal damage total to its full normal hit points +10 (or 9319 hit points) and using a wish or miracle spell to keep it dead.
    If the tarrasque loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 1d6 minutes (the detached piece dies and decays normally). The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
    Rush (Ex): Once per minute, the ultimate tarrasque can move at a speed of 150 feet.
    Spell Absorption (Su): Whenever a spell fails to penetrate an ultimate tarrasque’s spell resistance, the tarrasque gains one of the following benefits, chosen at the time that the spell resolves.
    Might: The tarrasque gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength for 1 minute.
    Agility: The tarrasque gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity for 1 minute.
    Endurance: The tarrasque gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution for 1 minute.
    Life: The tarrasque gains temporary hit points equal to 5 x the level of the failed spell.
    Speed: The tarrasque base speed increases by a number of feet equal to 5 x the level of the failed spell.
    Shadow Blend (Su): In any conditions other than full daylight, an ultimate tarrasque can disappear into the shadows, giving it total concealment. Artificial illumination, even a light or continual flame spell, does not negate this ability, but a daylight spell will.
    Spell Like Abilities: 3/Day – greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility. Caster Level 15th. 1/Day – cause fear, mirror image. Caster Level 20th. At-Will – invisibility (self only). Caster Level 26th. 1/Day – planar ally, plane shift (To and from Shadow Plane only). Caster level 30th. At-Will – blur, dimension door, shield, unhallow. 1/Day – timestop. Caster level 35th. 3/Day – quickened persistent still deathward, persistant shapechange, quickened silent still wish. Caster level 45th. 3/Day – darkness, poison, unholy aura. 1/Day – blasphemy, contagion, desecrate, destruction, earthquake, elemental swarm (earth spell only), horrid wilting, iron body, magic stone, planeshift, spike stone, soften earth and stone, stone shape, stone skin, summon monster IX (fiends only), unhallow, unholy blight, wall of stone. Caster level 122th. All save DCs are charisma-based.
    Smite Chaos (Su): Once per day an ultimate tarrasque can make a normal attack to an deal additional 20 damage against a chaotic opponent.
    Smite Good (Su): Once per day an ultimate tarrasque can make a normal attack to an deal additional 20 damage against a good opponent.
    Swallow Whole (Ex): The ultimate tarrasque can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 3d8+21 points of crushing damage plus 3d8+6 points of acid damage per round from the tarrasque’s digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the tarrasque’s digestive tract (AC 25). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The tarrasque’s gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.
    Tainted Constriction (Ex): Once the ultimate tarrasque has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check it makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 2d4+13 points of Consitution. At the same time, the tarrasque regains 10 lost hit points.
    True Strike (Su): Once per day, an ultimate tarrasque can gain a +20 insight bonus on a single attack roll. In addition, the tarrasque suffers no miss chance against a target that has concealment or total concealment when making this attack.
    Water Breathing (Sp): Ultimate tarrasque can breathe underwater as if constantly affected by the Water Breathing spell.
    Skills: The ultimate tarrasque has a +66 racial bonus on Listen, + 58 racial bonus to search checks, +72 racial bonus to Spot checks, a +6 racial bonus to move silently checks, +2 racial bonus to intimidate checks, and a +10 competence bonus to all skill checks.

For reference here is the list of templates used to create the ultimate tarrasque:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Shadow Creature
    2. Anarchic Creature
    3. Phrenic Creature
    4. Beast of Xvim
    5. Draconic Creature
    6. Half-Troll
    7. Winged Creature
    8. Insectile Creature
    9. Spellwarped
    10. Half-Pyroclastic Dragon
    11. Half-Earth Elemental
    12. Psuedonatural Creature
    13. Half Fiend
    14. Monster of Legacy
    15. God-Blooded
    16. Paragon Creature
    17. Multiheaded
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-04-29 at 10:37 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Tarrasque + 17 Templates [3.5e]

just one question what does the dc mean here

Breath Weapon (Su): The ultimate tarrasque possesses a cone-shaped breath weapon with the range 30 ft. This breath weapon deals 3d8 points of fire and 3d8 points of sonic damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 116) reduces damage by half.

Is the Dc 10 or is it 10,116? or is this a typo?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devronq View Post

Breath Weapon (Su): The ultimate tarrasque possesses a cone-shaped breath weapon with the range 30 ft. This breath weapon deals 3d8 points of fire and 3d8 points of sonic damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 10 116) reduces damage by half.

most likely 116, im guessing.

Im assuming this massively OP beast has a reason for existing?

Eternal Servant needs to be bolded
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-04-16 at 02:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Why not change the feats around so that it has Improved Toughness at 1st HD?
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Devronq View Post

That was a typo from when I did 10 + 1/2 HD + Constitution modifier. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post

Boredom.

Eternal Servant needs to be bolded
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Why not change the feats around so that it has Improved Toughness at 1st HD?
    Same reason I put basically all it's extra feats into Epic Toughness. I was too lazy to go through and find decent options for its feats.

EDIT: Also here is the list of templates I added
    1. Shadow Creature
    2. Anarchic Creature
    3. Phrenic Creature
    4. Beast of Xvim
    5. Draconic Creature
    6. Half-Troll
    7. Winged Creature
    8. Insectile Creature
    9. Spellwarped
    10. Half-Pyroclastic Dragon
    11. Psuedonatural Creature
    12. Half-Earth Elemental
    13. Half Fiend
    14. Monster of Legacy
    15. God-Blooded
    16. Paragon Creature
    17. Multiheaded
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-04-16 at 03:13 AM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to be blunt. I want to use this. I want it to be optimized, I want it to kill everything it encounters and I want it to include Gramarie.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm going to be blunt. I want to use this. I want it to be optimized, I want it to kill everything it encounters and I want it to include Gramarie.
    Give it 10 levels in Gramarist and see the reaction on your player's face when they realize that mysterious evil technomancer they've been chasing down throughout the campaign...well...their ability to make gadgets is the least of the player's concern let's just say

Also I love it's level adjustment. I looked over the creature again and I have to say it's one of the most well-thought-out level adjustments i've ever seen given to a creature.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2013-04-16 at 03:31 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #8

It's great when 3/Day Quickened Silent Still Wish at Caster level 45th isn't optimized.

As for Gramarie, this was created by only adding in rule legal templates. For it to work with homebrew systems I'd have to actually add in some homebrew.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Also I love it's level adjustment. I looked over the creature again and I have to say it's one of the most well-thought-out level adjustments i've ever seen given to a creature.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-04-16 at 03:37 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Same reason I put basically all it's extra feats into Epic Toughness. I was too lazy to go through and find decent options for its feats.
    Well, lets start going through and coming up with ideas then:

Since it's already got Dodge, what do people think about Mobility>Spring Attack>Bounding Assault>Rapid Blitz, and/or Flyby Attack, so it can kill more people while on the move?

Also, does it qualify for Leadership?

Edit: NVM you already covered that.
    Last edited by Deepbluediver; 2013-04-16 at 08:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.
    Homebrew Extended Signature!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe swap out some of the extra epic toughness feats with some incarnum feats? Also since it is naturally psionic, there may be a few fun options there. Ghost attack would help deal with incorpoeal foes. Up the Walls would just be funny.

Edit: Other possible fun Templates: "Dark" from ToM, Half-Farspawn from LoM,
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2013-04-16 at 09:11 AM.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

I've built a similar one once, but simpler. The Scion of Eternal Night was a Chameleonic Shadow Wendigo Tarrasque. And a few other templates I forgot.

Amazingly stealthy, really.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

1) Why?!
    2) It's a unique creature. I think you can say "the" instead of "an"
    2a) There is only one of these, right?
    3) Seriously, why?!
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    Maybe swap out some of the extra epic toughness feats with some incarnum feats? Also since it is naturally psionic, there may be a few fun options there. Ghost attack would help deal with incorpoeal foes. Up the Walls would just be funny.
    Ooh, good ideas!

That got me thinking, with the Martial Study feat from ToB, could our Ultimate T learn Maneuvers?
    And if so, which 3 should he take?
    It's not called common because the sense is common, it's called common because it's about common things.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

You used the wrong Pseudonatural template! How can you expect him to survive without SR 535?

Also, this is my favorite thing about the entire monster:
    Naturally Psionic: Ultimate tarrasque have 1 power point
    1 power point. You actually bothered to keep track of that. Thank you.
    Last edited by Vadskye; 2013-04-16 at 03:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

At a minimum, it needs Psionic Fist, Unavoidable Strike and Up The Walls
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deepbluediver View Post
    Ooh, good ideas!

That got me thinking, with the Martial Study feat from ToB, could our Ultimate T learn Maneuvers?
    Obviously Stone Dragon... the entire school

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

but what weapon to use...

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

18. - Top - End - #18

Level Adjustment No. Just no.
    Why? I'd call it a solid LA+0.

It's got a lot of cool abilities, but with 107 racial hit dice, you need to be 108 to play one... and if you're playing a campaign that high a level, I say let them have it. Can't possibly be worse than a level 108 wizard.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    I'm going to point out that for CR 71, this is not at all overpowered. Remember, WBL increases exponentially at epic levels, while magic item cost increases only quadratically, so with magic items that are anywhere near decent this should be quite easy. Most of the templates give is SAs or SLAs which it can't use all of in a single battle, so they vastly overestimate the CR.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I'm going to point out that for CR 71, this is not at all overpowered. Remember, WBL increases exponentially at epic levels, while magic item cost increases only quadratically, so with magic items that are anywhere near decent this should be quite easy. Most of the templates give is SAs or SLAs which it can't use all of in a single battle, so they vastly overestimate the CR.
    I have to agree. This is pretty awful but the effective CR in terms of an actual party is probably not nearly as insane if given as is, a low epic party might be able to take this out with planning. The real issue is the Feed ability, which if it gets a chance to use before the PCs get to it could make it a lot stronger, since more hit die mean more feats, which means more fun.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fruit Punch + 17 Templates [3.5e]

Yeah, the problem is, you can only take that feat 3 times.

WotC could easily have said something like "you can only take this feat once for every 6 or 7 HD" and had the same cap for most players, but they instead went with the "carved in stone" route, and so now even if the avatar of Bahumat himself started taking this feat, he could only every learn it a max of 3 times, ever.

(Ok, I get the point that if you want more maneuvers than that it probably makes sense to just take class levels, but from a design perspective, it doesn't answer the "WHY?!?")
    Last edited by Deepbluediver; 2013-04-16 at 07:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

We probably should scrap all of the feats (Except the leadership line) and decide its feats from the ground up. Especially

I wanted to add Half-Farspawn but I couldn't get it to work with the order considering you can't enter it as an outsider.
    As for Dark....
    Damn it I forgot a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I've built a similar one once, but simpler. The Scion of Eternal Night was a Chameleonic Shadow Wendigo Tarrasque. And a few other templates I forgot.

Amazingly stealthy, really.
    I don't have rules for any of those templates except for Shadow. Also, this guy is ridiculously good at stealth, better at other things but still.

1) Why?!
    2) It's a unique creature. I think you can say "the" instead of "an"
    2a) There is only one of these, right?
    3) Seriously, why?!
    1&3)
    2) I orginally planned for their to be multiple, and a group of them being called an apocalypse.
    2a) So far....

Ooh, good ideas!

Which ones is actually a hard question, basically all of the seem too weak to have a decent enough effect in combat to waste a standard or full-round action.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    You used the wrong Pseudonatural template! How can you expect him to survive without SR 535?
    I forgot there were 2.
    Though... I can quickly fix that.

Also, this is my favorite thing about the entire monster:

1 power point. You actually bothered to keep track of that. Thank you.

At a minimum, it needs Psionic Fist, Unavoidable Strike and Up The Walls
    Psionic Fist only adds 2d6 damage, is it really worth it?
    Unavoidable Strike, nevermind Psionic Fist is a prerequiste of awesome.
    Up the Walls, it already has a Fly speed of 120 ft. with perfect maneoverability...

You can only take the feat 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Why? I'd call it a solid LA+0.

It's got a lot of cool abilities, but with 107 racial hit dice, you need to be 108 to play one... and if you're playing a campaign that high a level, I say let them have it. Can't possibly be worse than a level 108 wizard.
    It's sad that that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    I'm going to check tribbles CR calculator to see if 71 is even right.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-04-16 at 07:34 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the problem is, you can only take that feat 3 times.
    I know this. It was a reference to this.

We probably should scrap all of the feats (Except the leadership line) and decide its feats from the ground up.
    I agree with this, I agree with this so hard. So theorycraft on feats for improving the Tarrasque?

1&3)
    2) I orginally planned for their to be multiple, and a group of them being called an apocalypse.
    2a) So far....
    Milo... What are you doing? Milo... Stahp!

On a serious note, we can tots turn this into a Homebrew using preset rules (shut up, I know what I said!)

24. - Top - End - #24

I know this. It was a reference to this.
    That homebrew was one of the reasons I did this.

I agree with this, I agree with this so hard. So theorycraft on feats for improving the Tarrasque?
    Ok, it gets 36 feats by default plus: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, and one other feat as bonus feats.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, it gets 36 feats by default plus: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, and one other feat as bonus feats.
    First feat must be Improved Toughness

26. - Top - End - #26

B. Combat Reflexes
    B. Improved Initiative
    B. Improved Multiattack
    B. Inhuman Reach
    1. Improved Toughness
    2. Mage Slayer
    3. Blind Fight
    4. Pierce Magical Concealment
    5. Martial Study (?)
    6. Martial Study (?)
    7. Martial Study (?)
    8. Dodge
    9. Mobility
    10. Flyby Attack
    11. Spring Attack
    12. Flyby Attack
    13. Improved Flyby Attack
    14. Power Attack
    15. Cleave
    16. Great Cleave
    34. Leadership
    35. Epic Leadership
    36. Legendary Commander
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-04-17 at 12:21 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Don't forget Mage Slayer, Blind Fight and Pierce Magical Concealment. Allowing Miss Chances to screw up his Full Attack is simply unacceptable... Grab Willing Deformity (Tall), Aberrant Blood and Inhuman Reach to extend the range on that Full Attack and perhaps make Whirlwind Attack more useful.

We're gonna need to get some serious Incarnum going, too...
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Don't forget Mage Slayer, Blind Fight and Pierce Magical Concealment. Allowing Miss Chances to screw up his Full Attack is simply unacceptable... Grab Willing Deformity (Tall), Aberrant Blood and Inhuman Reach to extend the range on that Full Attack and perhaps make Whirlwind Attack more useful.

This... This... All of this...

Martial Study 3 times for 3 Maneuvers along with Martial Stance (obviously after 34th HD for Initiator level 17th) to gain stances and the like

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Don't forget Mage Slayer
    Doesn't that lower it's caster level?

Blind Fight and Pierce Magical Concealment. Allowing Miss Chances to screw up his Full Attack is simply unacceptable...
    Annihilator: Each ultimate tarrasque gains a +25 luck bonus to attack rolls, a +15 insight bonus to attack rolls, and a +20 luck bonus to all damage rolls for melee attacks. Also it is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.

Grab Willing Deformity (Tall),
    +3 to intimidate isn't really worth a feat...

Aberrant Blood and Inhuman Reach to extend the range on that Full Attack and perhaps make Whirlwind Attack more useful.
    That would work, though that would force the extra bonus feat to be aberrant blood.

136 Con + Incarnum
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-04-16 at 10:54 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesn't that lower it's caster level?
    Only if he casts spells (which he doesn't).

Alright, that is neat

+3 to intimidate isn't really worth a feat...
    It is for the additional reach.