Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default [IC] Potter meets Pirates, with bonus d20s

"Potters of the Carribean"

(working title)

This is the IC thread for a Harry Potter meets pirates meets d20 campaign. The actual game will occur here (but I bet you already knew that!)

When such things appear, this might also have some more in-gamey record-keeping things. But that's a long-term goal.

2. - Top - End - #2

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: [IC] Potter meets Pirates, with bonus d20s

And, to kick off our campaign:

--

Introduction

The Amicable Jibberjack was an ordinary tavern that served ordinary clients, and it had been doing so for ages. “Grogthrift Grum”, as he was called by some of the passerbys, was proud of that fact, thank you very much. He had owned the tavern for as long as he had lived, and his father did the same before him—which bothered him sometimes, because he wasn't even sure if the area had been settled for so long.

Our story starts on a sunny Thursday afternoon. Grum's mind was on recent storms in the area, and he found himself busy for it. The tavern was the same as always, though busier than usual, as grounded sailors replaced a watery job with a watery leisure (and watery it was, for Grum hadn't earned his adjective for nothing.) By all accounts, it was an ordinary day, but then something caught his eye.

A lady, probably below 18, walked in. This by itself would be odd, but a few things made it stranger. Firstly, her hair was pale enough that Grum somehow doubted that it was natural. Secondly, over his years, Grum had learned to figure out a person with a glance, and that glance said that the lady had been roughing it for the last three years—but she looked clean and presentable. Thirdly, she also looked literate, which was probably the most confusing thing for Grum.

Nonetheless, Grum kept polishing his glasses, when another person caught his eye. Another lady walked in, also seeming below 18. She looked to be a sailor, which also confused Grum—though he reflected that pirate ships were in many regards equal-opportunity for anyone who could stab and steal. Otherwise, she seemed ordinary, and as such, Grum shook his head, trying to forget that there was anything strange to begin with.

A lad above 18 walked in as Grum looked up, finishing polishing a glass. For the most part, the newcomer seemed nondescript—but merely beyond simply blending in, he was exceptionally nondescript. Grum blinked in confusion, as his scanning powers failed him for the first time in years—he could tell the basics, but be damned if he could do anything more than know the colour of his hair. He was simply too nondescript... was that even possible?

Right as his confusion struck him, another man walked in, and this one was particularly strange, because he was frickin' huge. Like, a few inches from being a foot taller than everyone else in the tavern, huge. With one look, Grum knew he was trouble—or that he was stupid, because no one that tall doesn't carry around weapons—or so Grum believed.

By this point, some of the other patrons had begun to look at the newcomers, sharing in Grum's confusion. Some looked agitated, as if the very aura of un-normality physically harmed them. Murmurs ran throughout the building, but faded away when it was clear nobody else was coming.

But they were quite wrong for doing so, because the door opened one last time, and a creole man stepped in, with almost impeccable timing. This man Grum probably would have only given a look of disdain in any other situation, but this was too far for him!

With a slam of his fists against a counter, Grum began to yell. “Who are you misf--”

And he suddenly stopped when the tavern fell dead quiet, looking at Grum. With that many eyes upon him, he seemed to melt away, and gave a small “mimblewimble.”

Grum's strange day, it seemed, would only be the first of many.

You (your character) are within the tavern the Amicable Jibberjack. It is a sunny afternoon. By the sounds of it, fierce storms are blowing off the coast, or something else has happened—either way, it's full of off-duty sailors.

Bits of light stream in from the windows—though they are shuttered, the tavern could without a doubt be in better repair. The floor and walls are nothing to write home about. The furniture is mismatched, and much of it is visually damaged in many parts. In particular, many slashes are everywhere, as if scarred by broken glass. Many stools are missing legs, making it very clear what kind of a tavern this is.

Whether or not you grouped up immediately, or soon after, you are grouped up now, at a small table into the corner of the tavern. The noise of the tavern has risen up again, and it has become harder to hear one another—though, thankfully, that probably means you won't be heard either.

Whatever way you knew each other once before might come up again—either way, this meeting is a reunion. When the pleasantries are done with, the topic of dread arrives—the debts that each of you had accumulated. One [or more] of you have acquired a map [or some other way of information] of a buried treasure along the coast (who knows, and how you know it is up to you, because you should at least be able to decide what colour the railroad tracks are), and it seems, after much discussion, that this might be your only choice to rid yourself of the debt.

For now, however, it might be a decent idea to get caught up, and get prepared for your voyage to find some booty...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The ugly bar keep was staring at Nettle. My stupid fault, she berated herself as she pulled her hood up. The last thing she needed was a crowd of drunken sailors clamoring round her today. She found a table at the back and took out her half of the map. Why the others had chosen this dismal hole to meet was beyond her but she'd dutifully arrived early.

She didn't bother ordering a drink and when the slovenly serving maid arrived she just stared at the woman's broken teeth in disbelief before offering a "Thank you but no," and hoping she'd stay away. Leandra arrived and Nettle greeted her in Spanish. Their first meeting had been awkward with Nettle assuming that she spoke French before trying English. Her Spanish was adequate but not excellent. She only hoped that the others were fluent as well.

Robert West entered. It took a moment until she recognised him even. After all these years he. A snotty Gryffindor like all the others, always boasting and strutting around. Well, perhaps he'd changed in four years and if not she could charm him with her looks as she did with all men. Nettle preferred not to do that as it was an unreliable way to get help so she kept her hood down and her eyes on the Spaniard. The others arrived shortly after attracting just as much attention as she did. Not a good beginning.

"¡Buenos días. So, which of you has the other half of the map?"
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Timing is everything in business. Christophe’s merchant father told him that, and Christophe follows this religiously. His father is a very successful man. Never drink from another man’s well. His mother told him that, but his mother was paranoid. “I require hot water.” He hands him his teapot. Besides, there were ways to protect oneself from mildly hostile barkeeps.

"¡Buenos días. So, which of you has the other half of the map?”

“That would be I.” Nettle’s shoulders and neck stiffen when Christophe speaks from behind her. She did not see him walk in, or else she would have given acknowledgement. She should be more aware of her surroundings, or else she may be taken as for rude.

Christophe dumps his backpack onto their shared table, revealing the other half of a map, a number of utensils, tea leaves, dice, cards, saucers and cups and other knack and knicks. And thirteen snakes, which his stunned companions are most surprised

At this most perfect time, the barkeep squeakingly hands him his teapot back.

“Give ‘dem a ‘ood show” his mother said.

When he received his teapot, he open up the lid and breathes in deeply. His eyes roll to the back of his head and trances momentarily. Clean.

“Let me share with you friends.” He speaks in his deep, baritone voice. He picks through the snakes for tealeaves and not a few times they give a warning hiss toward him, but none did bite. He pushes them around to accommodate the cups, which he soon filled with hot tea. He finally sits down.

This is what you were looking fer right?” He speaks with a moderate creole accent, though he speaks with the King’s English just fine. He whips his half torn map from this pile of snakes and rests it just on top of them.

“They look anxious.” Alexandrine whispers. The tiny garden snake always whispers, though Christophe is the only one who hears her.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The scruffy, curly-haired young lady stalks in wearing the sort of scowl which isn't directed to anyone in particular, but could easily settle itself upon anyone who examines it too closely.

As she makes her way to her chair, she reexamines the papers in her left hand. Most of it is gibberish, written in French or English or whatever. She recognizes her name: Leandra Laredo, written in a different script from the rest on a foreboding dotted line. However, the parts that draw most of her attention are the nearly-sideways pieces of translation scrawled in the margins. Polizón vagabundo. Servidumbre indefinido. Por el peso de la ley.

Leandra's scowl expands into a snarling rage-sneer as she follows the notes for the second time. The translation's not amazing, but its meaning becomes plain as day as her eyes follow it to the bottom line:

650 D. Oros.

"AaAARrgh!" The girl throws the bag containing the whole of her worldly possessions against the wall and slams her face and the crumpled note into the table with a melodramatic *WHACK*. Six hundred and fifty gold pieces, or face having to scrub some creep official's floors for eternity. Or find a ship to escape on, then pray not to run into anyone from the ship that she had just managed to escape from.

This has not been a good day. She almost doesn't notice a couple of her acquaintances convening just a few feet away.

Nettle was even there first, though she was probably happy for any attention drawn away from her. Ella, as LL is nicknamed, is probably one of the few people who actually reacts negatively to the resident half-veela's aura. Something about her stings like the reminder of a childhood trauma. Naturally, Ella's wincing first impression just seems to make her a more attractive friend to the ambitious witch, who by purposeful action has managed to endear herself to the ranger somewhat.

Crístof, on the other hand, seems pretty okay. Admittedly, LL is subject to something of a reverse prejudice due to his looks; despite being very obviously a wizard, he has never set off her rage radar, instead reminding her of some of her fellow captives from when she first came overseas. She couldn't understand a word they were saying, but the accent and underlying kindness she remembers are shared by the Oracle.

TL;DR: Ella finally notices CV and NE, her eyes lighting up as the two produce the map pieces.

"You GOt them! Let me see!"

Before they even get a chance to react, she jumps up and huddles in for a closer look at what is obviously a treasure map. This is what being a pirate was supposed to be all about.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-04-20 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Grammar! Clarity! Word flow!
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"I hope this is worth it," Nettle had managed to convince Colonel Duncan Stewart, the drunken East India merchant, that she should have the map fragment for her collection but really didn't enjoy manipulating people with her magical looks. Nor did she enjoy the company of the rub soaked sot for the hours it had taken her to convince him to depart with his treasure map, even an incomplete one. Putting aside the memory she reached out to connect the two halves, brushing aside the serpents to make room, "Must you bring these things with you everywhere?"

She tried to make sense of the map. Did it match any islands nearby or could they get there by land? Did that black X really mark treasure that would free them from the debts that they'd incurred?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lumbering over to the table Alex peered about, looking at each face at the bar. Finaly coming over to the table he sat down nexted to them and said "Well that was fun, now can anyone make heads or tails of this map". He sat his staff leaning against the table as he waited for a response.
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek

8. - Top - End - #8

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Did no one put ranks into Knowledge (Local) or anything of the sort?

Nobody around the table is quite sure what area is depicted on the map. I mean sure, there's a coast, and there's a few labels, but what's that even mean? Where is it?

An air of frustration sets in around the table, as it is realized that nobody quite knows where exactly they can start the treasure hunt. It might be time to consult an expert, or try pure blind luck.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Nettle

"I'd prefer it if we didn't show this around, " Nettle picks up both halves of the map, "I suggest that I make a copy, suitably doctored, before asking local fishermen where to start."

"Do any of these place names sound familiar to anyone?" She tries to read the text from the torn and stained map, thinking that asking where a certain island or town can be found is easier than showing off the map.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Chirstophe Villemonte

My toothy smile hides my frustration, and I speak a little bit louder that I usually do.

"Drink up, my friends, and let us think of what we shall do." I drink down my tea, flip it over and knock it onto the table. *knock* I flip in back over and look at the tea leaves intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reading Tea Leaves DC 15, Take ten for 19. Reading for myself in the next 24 hours. If anyone else drinks their tea, I will read their leaves as well.
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2013-04-30 at 10:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Leandra 'Ella' Laredo:

The tea gets an uncertain look because it's sitting in front of someone who isn't really a tea person and doesn't have any idea what CV is up to. It's not that the leaves came from a bag full of snakes, though; that's just hilarious.

"Don't listen to her, little guys. We're all happy to have you around." This is more for the benefit of teasing Nettle than that of the snakes. It's not like they can actually understand anything anyone is saying, after all.

Ella continues to stare uncomprehendingly at the map along with everyone else, eventually agreeing with the older girl's assessment of the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Er, are there any local places or experts that might be, 'common knowledge,' to everyone? Like a sailor's guild, or another place that might have a public-use map to compare ours to?

Also, should I be worried about LL's old ship still being around at the docks, or has she been dropped off for long enough that it's not likely a problem since I moved all of her debt to the officials?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-04-21 at 09:50 PM.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alex Dulbrook

Sighing he finished his tea and flipped it over, saying as he did so "Well isn't this a wee little problem?" Coughing a little from the hot tea he cleared his throat and continued "Well what do you see my friend, I'm afraid I never did do well in divination, didn't even make it to reading the falling sticks.". Pushing his cup over to Chirstophe he waited for her to read them.
    III'''MMMMMM BbbbaaaCCCKKKK
    From the worst 6 (or fewer lost count) months of (9)hells

Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar created by GrlumpTheElder

Take a Peek

13. - Top - End - #13

DwarfFighterGuy

After draining his tea, Christophe looks in his cup for a reading. With bizarre specificness, the message he gets seems to be "High chance of getting shot today and tomorrow." What a wonderful omen. Giving a reading for Alex, the reading seems to be very much the same--"High chance of getting shot today and tomorrow."

Perhaps it would make sense to show a little bit more caution, but then again, with reflection, one probably has a somewhat relatively high chance of getting shot sitting in this sort of tavern, or sailing on those kind of ships. It was almost an occupational hazard.

The map proved to be a little troublesome. Many of the other patrons seem relatively uncooperative, though you eventually gain at least a rudiment of where exactly the map is pointed at.

Thinking about it, Leandra remembers ("remembers") a location in town that might be able to help. A little further into town is a small office with about two or three former civil servants, who might know the lay of the land a little bit better. What they were doing there, and how they even remained there was a mystery--but the point is, they existed.

On the other hand, high chance of being shot today...

The question soon became: what to do?

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding the ship, that's up to you to decide.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"PffAhahaha!"

Ella's response to the tea prophecy thankfully comes just before her teacup manages to reach her lips.

"Nice. I could've told you that. 'And tomorrow,' no less."

Despite her joking, she looks back down at her own teacup with some apprehension. What horrifying destiny-altering principle might be at work here? Besides, she doesn't even like tea.

She changes the subject to get her mind off of it. "There should be some old hands in this town that can help. I think I remember seeing a few... retired officers, probably? Those types might be eager for something to talk about in their old age."
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Christophe Villemonte

I smile greatly. "Verrry useful information. Usually it tells me there is a high chance of getting stabbed, or a high chance of drowning, or one time, a very good chance of being hanged for crimes committed on the high seas. This is very, very informative." I laugh loudly. "What can I say? This is good omen. We must watch out for people with guns. If a man has a hook for a hand, wield cutlass and followed by his killer guard dog, but has no gun, we know we are safe!"

Christophe laughs at his own words, much more loudly than appropriate. He is ill mannered in that way.

"Tell me, do these, errr, what did you say, retired officers? Did they have guns? No matter. We have talents. What is the old sayin'? Steel and shot hurts alot, but magic will straight up murder you. Hohahahaha."
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2013-05-02 at 11:55 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Nettle

"Shush will you, not in front of the muggles," Nettle looks across at the other patrons so see if they were paying attention to any talk of magic.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

DwarfFighterGuy

The din of the tavern's chatter and assorted varieties of merriment drown out every trace of Christophe's outburst. The tavern seemed to have grown louder and louder over time.

Assuming everyone agrees to meet the retired civil servants...

The road into town looked a bit shoddy, and far too well-worn for it. It wound around relatively tall buildings, though was reasonably empty. The building you are looking for was a ten or so minute walk down the twisting road. If you didn't know where you were going, you could pass the building by without so much as a second glance--it seems to sink in from the facades of its neighbouring buildings, and offer nothing of interest to catch one's eye.

After a bit of chatting with the people inside, negotiations, and whatnot, the group enters a small office somewhere between ground and first floor (or first and second if that's preferred.) The room is hard to comment on--the walls seem to be stucco, with fine, though very obviously weathered and old wood making columns running up and down at regular intervals. Beams of the same material making up what could be best described as baseboard, and moulding.

A sunny window points out to the road (and thus, a roof and wall from the other side of the road). The blinds are only partially drawn. Sitting behind a large shabby desk in front of the window was a tall man. He looked as if he was once plump, but that the passage of time (or whatever hardships he may have gone through) had knocked that right out of him--as it was, he looked more old than anything. A young and healthy man stood on his right. He very clearly carried a small sword, and was dressed in... strange, if anything attire.

The man behind the desk addresses you as you enter.
    "Hello. What brings you here today, then?"
    He speaks in a deep slow manner--a voice that might befit a smaller, plumper, and older man.
    "Well? Get on with it. Do you have a business preposition for me?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Robert had sat quietly through the group's meeting; not that he didn't have anything to say, it was just that, he kind of felt overwhelmed. Half of that was actually being around magical folk for the first time in ages, and being able to be himself, but a lot more of it was embarrassment. When they brought drinks over, Robert breathed a sigh of relief when he saw it was just tea; he wasn't quite ready to test his resolve by watching others drink in front of him.

He grunted his assent to the group's plan, hoping they could just get on with it and find this gold: he had debts same as the rest of them, and he didn't want to think about the business that had gone on all those months ago.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Leandra

LL takes Nettle's side of the Christophe Outburst Argument and glares at him, clearly offended somehow. She continues stewing even as she leads the way to the weird office, avoiding any interaction with CV during the walk.

Upon their arrival and greeting (assuming that you can call the immediate press to get down to business a greeting) Ella again looks to Nettle, who is more the sort of person who can sweet-talk someone into helping out a random bunch of vagabonds without any return on investment.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Nettle Evans

Nettle had taken a place at the back of the group as they made their way across town, her hood drawn tightly so as to cover her face but wisps of hair escaped to shine in the occasional beam of sunlight. This will not do, she thought, they are so distinct like this, everyone will recognise them. If news gets out about a treasure map they'll end up face down in the docks with their necks cut.

She decided to protect herself as best she could and subtly changed her appearance. Her hair darkened and took on a copper tone, her eyes shifted to green and her skin became freckled. She walked taller and stretched herself out to add a couple of inches to her modest 5' 2". Rather than a blue eyed blonde they'd see a green eyed redhead. To finish the disguise she loosened her blouse slightly, concentrated and filled it out a little. Men were often distracted by such simple tricks though she'd get back ache if she changed too much in that area.

As they entered the small office she pulled back her hood to reveal her new appearance and display her Veela inheritance. "Good day, sir. My name is Amanda Wainwright of the Boston Wainwrights and I am charmed to make your acquaintance." She looks up at the taller man and smiles.

"Before we begin," she sits down in the chair across from the man's desk, "may I enquire as to your credentials. We have a delicate matter to discuss and must be assured of the confidentiality of our business. You've come recommended, of course, but please indulge a lady with her little foibles."

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 to disguise myself for a 17 using metamorphmagus.

Diplomacy check (1d20+7)[9] to shift his attitude.

The man should also make a DC14 will save to shift his attitude in our favour slightly as a result of looking upon the comely visage of a half-veela.

Bluff check to distract from the shabby appearance of our clothing to convince him that we're actually better off than we are. (1d20+11)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

DwarfFighterGuy

The tall old man behind the desk gave an exasperated look towards Nettle.
    "You barge into my office uninvited, skip the appointments process, walk in with your cronies, then you're suddenly asking me for credentials? Don't you think you've got this process backwards?
    He gives a chuckle, contrasted against his still annoyed face. He seems to warm up afterwards, nearly inexplicably (in fact, you could say... supernaturally.)

"Right then, I'll indulge you. I've worked for the crown--err--well, technically not the crown for a bit of that time, but I digress--for around... I think it was 20 years. I left a few years ago, you see, to enjoy my life while I still could...
    "Twelve years of that was maintaining maps, records, and charts, so I know the lay of these local regions better than the back of my own hand.
    "The other eight or so years weren't quite so exciting. Important, of course, thinking about it, but a touch boring. Not much to talk about--mostly looking over numbers and data.
    "I was trusted by my country to do my work without dishonesty. Now speak your piece."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"You're very kind to indulge us in this," Nettle reaches into her pocket to retrieve the map halves, "This indicates the location of some items that we wish to secure. We're able to follow it but unfortunately we're unsure where exactly to begin. Can you tell us which island this is?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Robert peered over, trying to get a better look: it was perhaps a bit ironic, since he was the least likely to remember anything of the last few months and years, what with the fugue that lay over everything from those days. But it was worth a shot; he knew he had definitely travelled a lot.

Unfortunately he couldn't even begin to imagine what all those lines on the map would translate as in reality, and left the man to his work. He moved to a window to look out on the street, cautiously checking in case anyone had followed them: his 'friends' all had dark pasts, that was for certain, and he ahd enough enemies out there for ten people anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot, to keep an eye out on the street: (1d20+7)[12]
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Christophe Villemonte

Christophe looks disinterested. It is the seer's curse, to lose interest in the present when the future is right before you. He doesn't mention it usually, but it seems oddly appropriate at this moment

<You look bored.>* says Célina, a beautiful black cribo

<You noticed? That is unusual.>

<I am getting good at reading faces. Have you gotten better at reading my moods>

<All you ever do is stick out your tongue and hiss.>

<Well I’m hungry.>

<You just ate.>

<It was just a mouse.>

<And you didn’t like it.>

<Bird eggs are much tastier.>
    Célina can be very spoiled

<I don’t have any bird eggs, so you are out of luck.>

<You can get some.> *sigh* Why does she always have to complain?

<I’ll tell you this, if you would do me the favor of scouting out this building, I will get you some eggs later. Deal?>

*Translated from Parseltongue
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2013-05-10 at 08:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

DwarfFighterGuy

The old man leans in, and takes a good look at the map halves. He screws up his eyes in thought.

His eyes open, and he snaps his thin fingers. With slight excitement, he says:
    "Ah, Robber's Beach*! Yes, just to the southeast, along the shore..."

With an ever so sagacious tone, the man recounts details of the location--but most importantly, location and directions. By the end of his somewhat long-winded and definitely boring recollections, the party is confident (assuming someone wrote it down or has a good memory) that they could find themselves a treasure...

...and soon, it was time to make final preparations, and then set off for treasure...

*which totally doesn't exist. Geography be damned!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"That information is so very useful, exactly what we were looking for. Thank you so much." Nettle was probably pouring it on a little thickly but some men needed to be praised. "We'll definitely recommend you to our friends, both here and in Boston." Because an invented reward of nothing is about all we can afford at the moment She stood and smiled, "Does anyone have any questions before we must depart?"

Once the others have asked whatever questions they have Kettle pulls her hood up again and leaves. Outside she addresses the group, "I think we should go to this Robber's Beech immediately. Do we have a boat or some way to get there quickly?"
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Robert

Robert shook his head: but they all had ended up on the island, they couldn't all have been dropped here could they? Well, looking at the state of most of them, that actually seemed pretty plausible...

"Well, I'm in a spot of trouble, and it looks like none of you are that well off. We could always, um, "borrow" a boat you know".
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

*Slap!*

The scruffier, currently less-busty lady rams her forehead into her palm.

"He jUST said that it was along the shore. As in, no boat required."
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"He did, didn't he?" Nettle reddens slightly. "Still a boat might be useful."

Spoiler
    Show
    How far away is Robber's Beech? Can we get there by land
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

DwarfFighterGuy

Evidently listening in, the man addresses your concerns:
    "Not to worry. Robber's Beach is just over a day's walk from here. Not too far."