New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Sandbox Tristalt (IC)

Mosroda Wanders in last; At least..it looks somewhat like Mosroda.

Gone is the Beaten, abused and weathered metal walking monstrosity; and before you stands a shiny; almost smooth chrome metal man, with a few glaring oddites; Like the Gauntlets that seem to have sparks flying between the fingers in a seemingly random beat, to the legs having a sky blue tone from the knee down to the boots; or maybe it's the Bracers of the Same color and the etheral image of an angelic being that surrounds her.

"Are we all here?" she asks; as if nothing is unusual.

"I see you all seem to have decided to walk.." she states with a sigh of disapproval.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

An unconventional fey...perhaps this spirit has been corrupted Hafthyer mused as he watched her spin her fans.

He saw the Shee approach and ask about him. "I go by Hafthyer, spirit, well met. I do not believe our job necessitates dragon-hunting, but I am not opposed to a little diversion..." He smiled, it might be a fun day after all.

The metal man was here now too...Hafthyer did not entirely trust this one.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"What's wrong with walking? I'd much rather trust my own legs than make some poor animal carry me when I am perfectly capable of carrying myself. Plus horses make me dizzy."

Natsu stood up and did another quick set of stretches. Staying limber meant staying ready for action. "Which way are we going? I never looked at the map. Slipped my mind."
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-05-09 at 02:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Speed is not of essence if you remember Lady Mosroda. We have got six days head start and I for one are not planning on walking anywhere. If you really are in such a hurry and find us fleshlings slow.." Garmine chuckles. "We could always buy a cart and you could pull us all the way. "

With that Garmine snaps his fingers and his shadow seems to elongate and creep up along his back, attaching itself at his shoulders and then spreading out like a large pair of dark butterfly wings. "To show my appreciation for your performance last night my lady." He winks to Sakura and takes wing. Hovering a couple feet of the ground he turns towards Hafthyer. "Lead on Master Hafthyer, I believe you are in possession of the map Master Natsu spoke of."

5. - Top - End - #65

WhiteWizardGirl

Mosroda stares at Garmine for a moment before laughing.

"That I could; I never thought of that." she says along with giving a nod of approval.

6. - Top - End - #66

MindFlayer

Garmine is a bit taken aback by Mosroda's reaction at his jest. But sensing an opportunity to asses the worforged's abilities, he quickly replies a bit intrigued. "Then if the lady wills it, shall we procure a cart that suits that purpose?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hafthyer points and says "It would be this way, unless we are truly considering using this one as a metal horse." He moves closely to Mosroda and cautiously taps on the warforged as if knocking on a door. "It seems sturdy enough..."
    Last edited by Mishkov; 2013-05-10 at 08:36 PM.
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

8. - Top - End - #68

WhiteWizardGirl

She looks around to the party; "Unless somebody has objections; I can keep us moving the whole way there; get there before anything but magic could alert them"

She laughs lightly as Hafthyer gives her armor a knock; "It's only hollow up here" she says as she points to her head

9. - Top - End - #69

Spoiler
    Show
    After Hafthyer introduced himself...

"Well Hafthyer, now that I think on it I don't believe I properly introduced myself yesterday. I am Tsuisoku Sakura, sometimes referred to by people who think they are out of earshot as "the Grim Faerie."

Spoiler
    Show
    At the current time...

"I have little objection either way, I could as easily fly if need be."
    Avatar by Prime32. Seriously, his stuff is awesome.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Natsu sighed. "I'll only ride in a cart if I can lay down and I don't ha e the energy to walk. I'm not lazy enough to be carried and if I hustle, I'm sure I can at least keep up with the metal Lady while she carries everyone else. Carts also make me dizzy."

Natsu crossed his arms and frowned. What a bunch of lazy people... I guess I can respect the metal lady though.

11. - Top - End - #71

MindFlayer

Garmine notices Natsu's hesitation and sees the opportunity to spend the trip reading up on their foe and avoiding potential ambushes crumble due to misguided pride, so he speaks up. "Think of it this way Master Natsu. The quicker we get there the quicker you get your gold and a good meal. Time is money as they say." He strokes his chin as if in thougt and looks at the rest of the group and then back to Natsu. "But... You could always arrive heroically two days late and congratulate Lady Mosroda and the rest of us on a job well done." He smirks. "If I am not entirely mistaken the Lady do not need any kind of rest at all?" Garmine looks quizzingly at Mosroda for confirmation. "Fascinating really!"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Natsu groans, and his body droops. Not showing up for the action would really suck too...

"That's... blackmail..." Natsu complained. "I don't really need my gold all that quickly, and there is plenty of food to be had in the forest... But I don't want to be left behind..."

Hunched over, head down, Natsu walks in the direction Hafthery indicated before. "Fine..." Natsu whined. "But I'm going to lay down in the cart, and only when it's dark out."

Ripsnarl whined a bit, and Natsu barked back. "And Ripsnarl will ride in it the whole time... Because he is lazy..." Ripsnarl replied with a playful growl, but Natsu just sighed again.

His normal positive attitude is pretty deflated by the idea of riding in a cart for several days.

13. - Top - End - #73

WhiteWizardGirl

Before anybody rethinks this dicision she might of forced upon them; just a bit... she waves and joyousally says "I'll be back as soon as I can with a cart then" and she hustles back into town; hoping she remembered who sold carts.

She nods as Garmine Joins her and when they get to the seller; lets him do the talking; as he seems to be quite good at it. asking only for a bar to be attached at the front for ease moving the cart.
    Last edited by DrunkenMists; 2013-05-12 at 06:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

MindFlayer

Looking at Natsu's sagging shoulders and waning enthusiasm Garmine quickly adds "You could always run beside it if you enjoy physical exercise to that extent." Then he turns to Mosroda and makes a gesture for the city. "Well then Lady Mosroda. Lead on and let us fetch ourselves a carriage!"

Garmine haggles with the merchant for a good price on one of his finest carts.
    Diplomacy (1d20+31)[32]

"Yes, it looks sturdy enough.. What about some seats or padding in the back.. Yes, yes. That would work just fine. What do you think my lady? We have a deal? Then lets get the others and be on our way."
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-05-12 at 06:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

The merchant, thanks to your succesful haggling decided to put seats in the back for mere 5g; total cost for the cart would be 20g.
    "You mean, more than those who believe stories of demons
    being summoned, and the ultimate war of good and evil,
    and barons who bathe in blood of virgins?"
    "Well, yes. Didn't quite buy that?"
    "I don't believe in virgins."

- Steven Brust, "Jheegala"

This sentence is false.

Thanks to Kymme for awesome avatar

16. - Top - End - #76

WhiteWizardGirl

Mosroda hands over the 20g after the seats get installed again; and her bar request.

"Hop in for the maiden voyage" she says with a joyous voice to Garmine.

17. - Top - End - #77

MindFlayer

Garmine laughs merrily at the strange development and takes wing. Landing himself in one of the seats. "It would be my honor, my lady." Saluting both the merchant and Mosroda in the process. "Then let us pick up the others and be on our way!"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Very well, Hafthyer exclaimed, amused by the situation. "Let's see what you can do, metal horse. If you break down, we can always walk!"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Upon seeing the cart arrive, Natsu grins. "That actually looks like fun. I could help you pull the cart until I get tired. Unfortunately for me, I still get tired, but I can push quite a bit. Maybe like... half a ton or so?"

If the metal lady consents, he will push it with her. After all, 4600 pounds is almost half a ton.

20. - Top - End - #80

Simply watching in amusement as her party decides their travel arrangements, Sakura calmly seats herself in the cart when it arrives.

"However we are to be off, can we do so sooner rather than later?"

21. - Top - End - #81

You travel for some six hours without anything worth noting happening; some peasants and merchants passing you on the road gave you surprised looks, but otherwise the road was uneventful.
    The road was becoming less and less populated and for the last half an hour you haven't seen a living thing.
    In a distance of about 500 feet you can see a pile of broken wooden... things. It is immediately obvious that it could be nothing else but a barricade.
    You can see some humanoidal shapes walking here and there, but you are too far away yet to count them or to get exact estimates as to their species.
    ((OOC: It's the time for you not to go forward if you wish))
    Unless you don't move closer to the barricade
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tireless machine pulls you closer to the barricade. You can see someone, propably their leader, standing up on a platform of sorts, as to be better seen by you. Both the leader and his followers are all Human.
    If you wish to pass the road you have to pay the toll. You seem to have a little overabundance in gold, but since I'm goodhearted by nature, I'll let you pass for mere 2000 gold pieces. Do not try any tricks, I have a dosen archers ready to shoot at you at any sign of offensive action on your side.
    Perception 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can count about 13 archers beside the barricade.
    Perception 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something's amiss with some of these archers.
    Perception 20
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see that six of these "archers" don't move at all! They are simply straw figures, propably made to make the bandits looke more numerous.

Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-05-14 at 05:08 AM.

This sentence is false.

22. - Top - End - #82

WhiteWizardGirl

Mosroda; not seeing any real issue with this; keeps pulling the cart closer to the barricade.

{I wonder how much it would take to break this}
    she wonders; moments before somebody says something about archers.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] SPOT

Hafthyer stood, stretching all four of his arms in front of him. "I have no money, never needed it," he said solemnly. Hafthyer raises one hand into the air and invokes the spirits of fire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Produce Flame
    A orb of fire erupts into one hand which he raises in front of his face.

"What I do have is fire and you have a wooden barricade with straw archers. So you have a choice. You can try to charge us money we don't have and not find enough on us to rebuild your barricade as it burns down or simply let us pass. It makes no difference to us, my metal horse does not burn."
    Last edited by Mishkov; 2013-05-14 at 09:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

MindFlayer

Garmine have a look of total disbelief on his face as he addresses the would-be-bandit. "You only have what? Thirteen archers at a glance? And... You presume to threaten us with this number?" His disbelief turns to mirth and Garmine begins to laugh. "THAT!" He says trying to contain his merriment. "Is the single most blatantly stupid thing I have heard all day!" Steadying himself he continues. "Tell you what. I am in a good mood today so how about this instead?" The tone of his voice suddenly changes to one with a clear promise of pain. Intimidate: (1d20+27)[39]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entropic warding
    "I'll let you and you archers live for mere a 2000 gold pieces. Be my guest, try whatever trick you find appropriate. It won't be enough." Dark shapes seems to form around the fey creature as he speaks.

Spoiler
    Show
    How far away are the bandits? Readies action to cast Glitterdust on the archers depending on the response. Save DC 22
    Last edited by Tiny; 2013-05-14 at 09:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Oh my, oh my, looks like you want to play heroes... Well, so be it. It's not like strapping your corpses for money and worthwile items will be very hard.

After these words he gives a mark, and archers start shooting, but not before 2 of them (the most within any 10 ft radius) being affected by Glitterdust. Then you are all under fire from a flurry of shots.
    It is at this point all of you realize, that there are fewer of the archers than it first looked like: some of them are simply straw puppets.

Spoiler
    Show

Will Saves: (they save only on a Nat 20)
    (2d20)[1][1](2)
    Miss Chance: (1 is a miss, 2 is a potential hit)
    (2d2)[1][1](2)
    Attack Rolls: (first four shots are the Glitterdusted ones); at: 2x Garmine, 2x Haftyer, Natsu, Mosroda, Tsuisoku
    (7d20)[7][13][2][9][18][13][5](67) each at +4
    Critical Confirmation Rolls:
    (7d20)[12][18][1][6][14][6][11](68) each at +4
    Damage Rolls:
    (7d8)[5][2][6][8][6][2][3](32)
    Critical Damage Rolls:
    (7d8)[4][8][1][8][1][4][8](34)
    ((OOC: Seems like our bandits have ill luck today ))

Roll Initiative.
    Last edited by Dunkoro; 2013-05-14 at 09:47 AM.

This sentence is false.

26. - Top - End - #86

MindFlayer

Garmine laughs as the arrows begin to fall all around him. Seeming to care little for the deadly rain. "Then you look like you have chosen to play the helpless mooks. I would say something about the shame of wasting your lives but its little use in engaging in conversations with dead men."

Initiative: (1d20+8)[16]

Spoiler
    Show
    Current AC:Total[29] Touch[24] Flat footed[25] and ranges attacks against him has 20% miss chance due to entropic warding.

27. - Top - End - #87

WhiteWizardGirl

Inititive: (1d20+5)[8]

Spoiler
    Show
    AC 21 (Shield not at the ready); Flatfooted: 20, Touch 12

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]d20+1[/roll] Natsu initiative
    (d20+4)[16] Ripsnarl's

Ripsnarl Ac is 17 with 50% miss chance (blinking at the sign if a barricade.)
    Natsu's AC is 24.

Mucked up my roll, random space ruined it. Maybe edit can fix it.
    Last edited by darklink_shadow; 2013-05-14 at 07:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[4] Init

AC is 24

30. - Top - End - #90

Spoiler
    Show
    In the "screw you guys" phase, Sakura would have started a deadly dance and drawn both fans.
    Perform Dance for the next four rounds, as needed:
    (1d20+23)[31] +4
    (1d20+23)[27] +3
    (1d20+23)[39] +5
    (1d20+23)[26] +3

Initiative:
    (1d20+6)[25]
    Last edited by Ravanan; 2013-05-14 at 10:28 PM.