Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default How should I feel if a player in a pbp is having trouble focusing?

The main issue that's come up(in a pbp I started two days ago) is one player who keeps misspelling things now that the game has started, as well as having trouble focusing(for example, he just tried to attack the hostage in a hostage situation).
    Would it be wrong of me to write him out of the story via sudden random divine lightning that 1-hit-kills him?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Default Re: How should I feel if a player in a pbp is having trouble focusing?

Yes, because RFing the guy is lame and meanspirited.

Some people cannot spell. Ever. They could study the dictionary for years and get a doctorate in English and they would still have mispelled words everywhere. There are medical conditions that cause this stuff, and they aren't uncommon.

Not focusing is more a "Are you sure you mean the hostage?" situation. It could be a brain hiccough.

If they're being disruptive, talk to them, don't aRF them.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

aye, i calmed down a bit after a while.. it was just a bit alarming at first(also I had only been awake about ten minutes when I checked the thread so I was also still a bit groggy)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC conversation is always, always the answer.
    Homebrew: Temporalist Quotebox Avatar by Kris on a Stick
    Blue is for sarcasm Call me Attila

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

aye..
    I have actually resolved the issue since then(turned out he did mean to say that he targeted the cleric, because he thought I meant the cleric was the one holding the young man against the wall, turned out he just misread)
    Meow(Steam page)