A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 171
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dancing Owlbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Emma resisted the Blue Azazel as best she could, trying to temporarily block his mutant abilities with her psychic power. Still, a shiver of fear ran through her at the teleporter's intentions, knowing full well what destruction that the Hulk was capable of unleashing. She had no desire to be anywhere close to that, "The damage to your 'brother' is done, darling. Now, let me start on you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reaction Roll
    Affiliation (Team): (1d10)[9]
    Distinction (Icy Confidence): (1d4)[3] + 1PP
    Power Set/Power Trait (Omega-Class Telepath/Mind Control): (1d10)[7]
    Specialty (Psych Master): (1d10)[2]

    Total: 16
    Effect: 1d10 (Spending PP to inflict this as Mental Stress on Blue Azazel)


    Whether or not it failed, however, she immediately changed to her diamond form, sparkling in the midst of the battlefield as the Blue Azazel held her to him, "Now that we're so close, let me give you a kiss." She then proceeded to slam her diamond head against his face in a vicious headbutt.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action Roll
    Affiliation (Team): (1d10)[7]
    Distinction (Criminal Past): (1d4)[1] + 1PP
    Power Set/Power Trait (Diamond Body/Enhanced Strength): (1d8)[5]
    Specialty (Crime Expert): (2d6)[6][2](8)
    Stunt (Who expects to be headbutted by Emma Frost?): (1d8)[1]

    Total: 13
    Effect: d8
    Last edited by Dancing Owlbear; 2013-05-08 at 02:57 PM.
    Currently Dancing To: This Awesome Wonder Woman Theme Remix!

    Awesome avatars thanks to Komodo and Ceika! You're mathematical!
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Nobody's seen where she's been - and after the base exploded, Laura watched as the Blue Hulk and...the Blue Devil, a clone...made their appearances. Clones. It almost stops her heart cold to see others who could share her experience of being inadequate, a copy...doing this. Circling around, she instead pounces in after the AIM soldiers when the time's right, jumping into their midst and imitating something she'd seen on the streets.

    And nobody can laugh at her invisible breakdancing. Acrobatics. It's clawed acrobatics. Claws going through the metal of her suit like it's made of tissue paper, Laura sends out all six of them as she become a dancing, stabbing whirlwind of death. As if sensing that she needs some help on the matter, the suit starts playing ACDC's Back in Black.

    Stark, you cheeky bastard.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Team: (1d6)[3]
    Clone Experiment: (1d4)[1] +1PP
    Adamantine Claws: (1d10)[5]
    Combat Master: (1d8)[3](1d8)[5]
    Asset - Invisibility: (1d8)[7]
    Stunt - "Can I get a beat?": (1d8)[8]

    Spending 1PP to take the three highest. Still have 1PP.
    Total: 20, one opportunity.
    Effect die: 1d10


    "...we need air support, guys - I can't ask you to stop the Hulk, but slow him down as much as you can. Widow, get to Frost - I can handle these jokers. I'll keep an eye on Cage."

    The Best At What She Does: +1XP for leading your team in battle.
    Logan's DNA: +1XP when you stalk an enemy like a predator stalking prey.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-09 at 12:19 AM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The Blue Azazel is mentally bushwacked by the white Queen however, he realizes Emma's intent before she even begins to swing her head back. Utilizing his superior agility, he swings himself around, latches his prehensile tail around Emma's head and tries to use her momentum to fling her to the ground. However her diamond form proves immovable.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Azazel Reaction v. Emma:

    Team (1d6)[1]
    Super Human Reflexes 1d10 (1d8)[5]
    Acrobatics Master (2d8)[5][3](8)
    Tail: (1d6)[3]
    SFX: Prehensile Tail. Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and keep an extra effect die for a complication.


    Total: MEH!
    Effect: Aww



    The AIM Renegades spot X-23 on their sensors just as she is lunging for one of their men's heads. They reel backwards and fire their futuristic guns filled with deadly Knock Out Gas right in the assassin's face.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Team (6d6)[4][5][1][4][4][5](23)
    Expert Scientist (1d8)[1]
    Knock Out Gas (Blaster) (1d8)[4]
    Science Experts (1d8)[8]
    Doom Die (1d8)[6]

    Spending 2d6's from the Doom Pool to defeat X-23! Spending another d6 to make give the Knocked Out complication to X-23!

    Total: 8+6+5+5=24
    Effect:d8
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-09 at 03:05 AM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Slow the Hulk down? That won't do. These heroes wouldn't understand that the only way to neutralize a threat is fast and hard. At least this was the Hulk, Frank won't need to have any excuse to hold back against him if the others did not agree with him.

    "Hulk! Forgot about Flying Man? How about I blow you up again so you remember monster!" he yelled while hovering above the air hoping to spare the soldiers from the Hulk's rage.

    With his weapon on one hand and the Pym Particles in the other, the Punisher pushed the jetpack to its limit as he rushed the Hulk blasting the green giant with everything he has to get the monster's full attention before switching to the other direction and tossing over his special weapon. A simple plan but with the battleground as messy as it was, there were bound to be complications.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Team (1d6)[5]
    distinction: Burning Wreckage (1d4)[4] +1PP
    War on Crime: Weapon (1d10)[4] (1d10)[8]
    SFX: Full Auto (step up)
    SFX: Take your shot (1 PP to double)
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d8)[1] (1d8)[6]
    Complication: Burning Wreckage (1d8)[8]
    Asset: Size-change belt (1d8)[3]
    Resource: Shield issue gear (1d12)[1]
    SFX: Battle Van (add d6 doom die to step up resource)

    26 total (using 2 PP) d10 effect, 2 opportunities
    Using 1 PP to create a persistent complication shrinking on the Hulk
    Why d12 show up as a 1? T.T

    Choosing AIM to go next.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-09 at 07:13 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The Hulk leaps high up into the air and tries to slam his fist into Frank's face as retribution for thinking he could ever hurt the Hulk.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Team [roll]1d6]
    Rage Monster (1d8)[3]
    Leaping (1d8)[2]
    God Like Strength (1d12)[7]
    Combat Expert (1d8)[8]
    Doom Die (1d6)[2]

    Spending a d8 to add a d8.


    Total 17
    Effect d6

    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-09 at 09:20 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Upon seeing how ineffective their Knock Out Gas was on X-23, they return their focus on to the Black Widow. They take their futuristic guns and spray Natasha down with the deadly gas.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Upping Knocked Out Condition on Natasha

    Team (6d6)[1][6][1][2][4][6](20)
    Expert Scientists (1d8)[4]
    Gas Guns (Blaster) (1d8)[8]
    Science Experts (1d8)[4]

    Spending a d6 to keep an additional die.

    Total 8+6+6=20
    Effect d8


    After reactions, I choose Falcon to go next.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-09 at 12:19 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "Widow, get to Frost - I can handle these jokers. I'll keep an eye on Cage."

    Widow was beginning to feel the effects the sedatives in the air. As much as she wanted to rebuke Laura's attempt at taking command (if for no other reason than the fact that Laura is travelling an all to familiar pathway to heartbreak), Natasha had bigger things to worry about. Like the Aim soldiers firing _more_ gas in her direction.

    Kicking one of the idiots who was foolish enough to get close to her, She realized that she had to get out of the sleep gas cloud, which she does by firing a swingline to a tree limb and pulling herself up and out of the cloud. She then pulled out a quick action syringe and plunged it into her thigh. A shield issue Adrenalin Booster, designed to fight the effects of fatigue...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Solo- d10 (1d10)[9]
    Superspy- d8 (1d8)[7]
    Leader- d4 (1d4)[4]
    Stamina- d8 (fighting the effects of the KO gas) (1d8)[8]
    Swingline- d8 (1d8)[6]
    Covert- 2d8 (1d8)[1]; (1d8)[5]
    Resource: Adrenalin Boost (Via Watcher Opp; -1pp)- d8 (from d10 Covert Specialty) (1d8)[1]

    Note:

    1. The 1pp gained from d4 is used to add an extra distinction.

    2. The kicking of the soldier is description only. It's a mook, so it shouldn't matter.

    Total: 8+7+6=21, Widow has a successful reaction, -1pp.

    Spending one more pp to burn off d10 complication with a d10 effect die.


    Widow felt the adrenalin spread into her blood stream, fighting her drowsiness and allowing her to be more alert, her eyes now taking in not only the Hulk (What the hell...), but _another_ Azazel as well!
    Last edited by thejoshie; 2013-05-09 at 12:53 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    FALCON

    Falcon took to the air to escape from the CAR soldiers who were firing at him and his pet falcon, Redwing, informed him that Widow was under attack. He searched the area and saw her swing line away from the enemy. The knockout gas was getting carried upwind and Falcon could feel some of the effects.

    He extended his senses out beyond himself and sensed the rest of the avian habitat. Pushing past his limits he ordered them all to attack convincing them that the dangerous chemical which was now in the air came from them. Suddenly various birds of various types v-lined straight for the AIM Renegades and at the head of the formation was Redwing. Falcon himself dropped from the sky in a flying dropkick aimed at one of the mooks.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Buddy (d10)[7]
    VAST STREAM OF AIRBORNE SHRAPNEL +PP (d4)[4]
    Bird Control (d8)[7]
    SFX Redwing (d8)[8]
    Subsonic Flight (d8)[5]
    Combat Expert (d8)[3]

    Total (spending PP that I just earned to add 3) = 22
    Effect Dice = d8 and another d8
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-05-09 at 01:28 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The AIM Renegades are caught unawares by the Falcon. One of their number manages to point his gun in the right direction and hold down the trigger.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Team (6d6)[6][2][2][2][5][1](18)
    Expert Scientists (1d4)[1] +1 DP
    Knock Out Gas (Blaster) (1d8)[5]
    Science Experts (1d8)[5]

    Total: Not Enough
    Effect Also, not enough



    The Falcon's furious assault proves victorious as it culls two from the AIM Renegades' number.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-09 at 08:12 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The CAR Soldiers look around and decide Black Widow, Falcon, the AIM Renegades and (inadvertently) X-23 are the prime targets now. A group of them hold down their triggers and fire off as many rounds as possible at the group of supers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    CAR Soldiers firing at Black Widow, Falcon, AIM Renegades and X-23
    Team (4d6)[4][6][5][3](18)
    Solders by Choice (1d8)[2]
    Guns (1d8)[7]
    Combat Experts (1d8)[1]
    Area Attack Extra Dice (3d6)[6][6][6](18)

    Spending a d6 to add a d6 to the total.

    Total: 19
    Effect d8





    The AIM Renegades utilize their hazmat suits' advanced body armor as shielding.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Team (4d6)[1][1][4][6](12)
    Expert Scientists (1d8)[6]
    Body Armor (1d6)[1]

    Total 10
    Effect d8


    Another of the AIM Renegades is culled.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-09 at 08:42 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Are...are those idiots firing on the team?! Laura grits her teeth, stopped in her tracks from going after the AIM soldiers again - and something in her mind clicks. There's barely any guys left...these are the guys they're all supposed to be saving! Instead, her claws sheathe, and she charges, lowering her head. Her cloaking phases out from the bullet hits, malfunctioning a bit - and she headbutts one, plowing through the squad in her charge. "Hey, jackholes, we're on your side! Stop firing at my team!"

    Her team? Her team. She's caught up in the moment, not realizing it, but she falls as naturally into the role as Wolverine.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Team: (1d6)[1]
    Killer Instinct: (1d4)[4] +1PP
    Godlike Stamina: (1d12)[3]
    Covert Master: (1d8)[6](1d8)[1]
    Asset - Invisibility: (1d8)[8]
    Stunt - Juggernaut(A.K.A. Using Your Head): (1d8)[5]

    Total: 14, 2 opportunities
    Effect die: 1d12

    Spending 1PP to make a counterattack.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-10 at 03:37 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    FALCON

    As Falcon's dropkick lands on the AIM renegade's helmet the CAR soldiers open up fire on them. He adjusts his body and utilizing the momentum takes to the air again. Trying to climb higher than the gun fire.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Solo (d8)[8]
    VAST STREAM OF AIRBORNE SHRAPNEL +PP (d4)[1]
    Enhanced Senses (d8)[7]
    Subsonic Flight (d8)[5]
    Acrobatics Expert (d8)[1]

    Sorry I know I said I was going to post earlier but life interrupts my plans sometimes.

    Spending a PP (that I just earned) to add 3
    Total=20
    Effect die = none so default d4
    Last edited by ManifestPR; 2013-05-10 at 11:03 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Natasha eyes widened as gun fire splintered the bark of the tree whose limb she was crouching on...

    She was, quite literally, out on a limb...

    Aim soldiers below, stupid allies in front of her, and Headstrong X-23 doing her best Wolverine impression within earshot, Natasha could only do one thing: Climb higher and away. Distance and sight wrecks havoc to even the sharpest of sharp shooters, plus, it'll give time to regroup and wait out the sedatives in her body...

    Firing another swingline, she reeled herself to a higher limb...

    Spoiler
    Show

    Solo- (1d10)[7]
    Leader- (1d4)[1]
    Reflexes- (1d8)[8]
    Swingline- (1d8)[4]
    Covert- (1d10)[3]
    Adrenalin- (1d8)[1]

    Total- 8+7=15; d10 effect reduces d8 to d6 physical stress. Gain 1pp for the distinction + 2 opportunities.


    A bullet clips her thigh just as she manages to get the tree between herself and the CAR soldiers. It was painful, but she suffered worse...
    Last edited by thejoshie; 2013-05-10 at 03:45 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "We are not your enemy! Those guys in the Hazmat suits? The devils dropping guys from twenty stories? The damn Hulk?! Those are the guys we came to fight. And you're firing on Black Widow - Falcon and Frank Castle, plus Emma Frost and Luke Cage...we've been assembled by S.H.I.E.L.D. as an Avengers team, and we've been trying to help you guys. So fire on the guys who are trying to kill you, not us!" Her claws unsheathe, and she holds them up. "Only two mutants in the world have claws like these, and the other is Wolverine - my..." Uh. "My dad. You have to know at least him, if not the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. Your base is in flames, like so many others - and the faster we can take care of this, the faster we can save your friends."

    Diplomacy - it went against everything she was trained to do, but she's doing her best. Laura won't become the monster everyone thinks she is.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action: Rolling to convince the CAR soldiers to stop firing on friendlies.

    Team: (1d6)[2]
    Killer Instinct: (1d4)[1] +1PP
    Adamantium Claws: (1d10)[7]
    Menace Expert: (1d8)[1]
    Stunt - "THESE. ARE. MY SLASHY-CLAWS.": (1d8)[8]
    Complication - Burning Wreckage: (1d8)[8]

    Total: 23(Spending that earned PP to make it three dice.)
    Effect die: 1d6
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-10 at 04:05 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The few remaining CAR Soldiers agree to X-23's demand, seeing as how her friends have made the Hulk vanish...
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    At his success the Punisher gave one of the most terrifying things that he could for those who knew his reputation. A satisfied smile. Not wanting to waste the momentum he took a quick survey of the battle. "I just took down the Hulk. What makes you think you have a chance?" he declared to the rest of the terrorists nearby after deciding that it does not change what he has to do.

    Before the shock value with the fact that he actually got the Hulk wore off, the Punisher hovered up to a higher higher position and started blasting away at all his enemies with his full arsenal. The burning wreckage lighted up with explosions while bullets rained down on what remained of Castle's targets regardless of whether they were still able to put up a resistance or not.

    Spoiler
    Show
    First time doing an AoE, hope this is right.

    Affiliation: Team (1d6)[6]
    Distinction: Vast Stream of Airborne Shrapnel (1d4)[3] +1 PP
    War on Crime: Weapon (1d10)[8]
    SFX: Take Your Shot (adding 1d6 physical stress to double. That means I step mine up to d8 right?)
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d10)[3]
    Stress: Mental (1d10)[9]
    Complication: Shrinking (1d12)[9]
    Resource: Shield issue Gear (1d10)[3]
    SFX: Battle Van (add a d6 to doom pool to step up)
    SFX: Explosives (1d6)[2] (1d6)[6] (1d6)[2] (1d6)[4] (1d6)[6]

    Total: 9+9+6+6+6 (-3PP) = 36
    Effects:
    AIM Renegades: d6 d6 d6
    Azazels (Blue & Red): d10 d10
    Blue Hulk: d10

    Whoever wants to go next can go next.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-12 at 11:11 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The AIM agents duck into cover behind some debris that landed nearby from the jet's explosion. The Red Azazel uses his acrobatics, while the blue Azazel tries to teleport. The Hulk tries to endure all of the attacks made by the Punisher with his near invulnerable skin.

    Spoiler
    Show

    AIM:
    Team (1d8)[4]
    Expert Scientists (1d4)[2] +d6 dp
    Body Armor (1d6)[4]
    Punisher's Stress: (1d8)[1]

    Total: No way I can get near a 36. AIM Agents are KOed.
    Effect:

    --------------------------

    Red Azazel:
    Team: (1d6)[5]
    Exploded Ruin (1d4)[2] +d6 DP
    Leaping: (1d8)[8]
    Acrobatics Master: (1d10)[9]
    Punisher's Stress: (1d8)[7]


    Total: No way I can get near a 36. Razazel is KOed.
    Effect:

    --------------------------

    Blue Azazel:
    Team: (1d6)[3]
    Otherworldly (1d8)[8]
    Teleport: (2d12)[13] Teleport: (2d12)[12][3](15)
    Flurry of Teleportation. Against a single target, step up or double Teleport. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
    Acrobatics Master (1d10)[6]
    Punisher's Stress: (1d8)[8]

    Total: No way I can get near a 36. Bazazel is KOed.
    Effect:

    --------------------------

    Blue Hulk:
    Team: (1d6)[1]
    Rage Monster (1d8)[7]
    God-Like Strength: (2d12)[11] God-Like Strength: (2d12)[6][10](16)
    Hulk Smash! Against a single opponent, double a Gamma-Charged Genetics die. Remove the highest-rolling die and add another die to your total.
    Combat Expert (1d8)[4]
    Doom Dice (2d8)[10] (2d8)[1][2](3) (1d6)[3]
    Punisher's Stress: (1d8)[2]

    Total: No way I can get near a 36. The Hulk is KOed.
    Effect:




    Frank's amazing attack eliminates all threats on the battlefield. The stench of burnt flesh and gun powder waft on the air from the smoking ruin that was once the Boka Army Base. You can hear cries for help coming from inside the base. Most of the living stare in awe of Frank Castle, they whisper that he is an unstoppable menace. The AIM Agents are all dead. the two Azazels survived but are going to need a lot of medical attention to live long term.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-13 at 12:59 AM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    As all of you gather together near the oasis, your communicator watches light up. Code Black - Maria Hill's personal comm channel. Her voice is as calm as a still lake, "Good job team. A SHIELD Helicopter will be there in a few minutes to pick up you and the terrorists." She cuts off transmission after her message.

    Four minutes pass before the copter arrives. It is jet black, large and well armed. The craft sets down out in the empty field to the east of the base. Fifteen heavily armed and armored SHIELD Agents jump out. Their cobalt armor is thick and state of the art, while their guns are top of the line and very ornery looking. The leader of the group holds out a data pad and reads, "By order of the President of the Central African Republic and the Director of SHIELD, we hereby place Emma Frost, Natasha Romanov, Frank Castle, Luke Cage, Laura Kinney and Samuel Wilson under arrest for the unlawful attack on the Boa Army Base and the murders of countless innocent soldiers. You are wanted terrorists now. You can either come peacefully or not. If you choose the latter, we will not hold back. We WILL kill you."
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Laura, carrying an injured soldier over her shoulders, helmet having been dropped, stares at the agents. "Bull****! They shot us out of the air before we even got..." Before they even got there. The men of the base were preparing from the start. They would've been notified that there was backup coming - in a Quinjet, no less. She sets the unconscious man down, looking side to side. She gets it now - Castle, Frost, and her were catches. S.H.I.E.L.D. wanted to take down Castle, and both her and Frost were mutants with unique abilities. She's already an experiment of Wolverine.

    Natasha, and Falcon? Collateral damage. They could easily be released. And Luke Cage...well, he was where it got tricky. Maybe her paranoia's acting up. But it also seems like a damn good excuse. Especially with the others off-world like they are.

    "..." She glances aside, to Natasha. As if waiting for her response.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dancing Owlbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Emma watches the events unfold as calmly as one can when its become clear that they've been set up. Meanwhile, she contacts her teammates mentally, 'It seems that Hill has betrayed us. However, I have no intention of going to a SHIELD prison. If anyone has any bright ideas, I suggest they mention them now before these agents get too anxious.'
    Currently Dancing To: This Awesome Wonder Woman Theme Remix!

    Awesome avatars thanks to Komodo and Ceika! You're mathematical!
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "...Luke Cage is down, and Falcon can fly one person out. I suggest Widow goes with Falcon, and Castle can fly out as well. Leaving you, me, and a whole lot of ammunition to defend against while they get away. And I'm not favoring those odds at all."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-13 at 05:35 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The Pym Particles worked well but not for the reason why Frank wanted it in the first place. While waiting for the SHIELD pick up, the Punisher could be seen at the side with the prisoners tinkering with what remains of the belt to try and salvage whatever he could.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Creating an asset called Pym Particles like I did earlier.

    Affiliation: Solo (1d10)[3]
    Distinction: Former Marine (1d4)[4] +1PP
    War on Crime: Weapon (1d8)[4]
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d8)[2] (1d8)[1]

    8 total, 10 effect and 1 opportunity. By the looks of it I think he used it all :(


    And he might actually be able to use it today. That was unfortunate. Feeling the intrusiveness of Emma Frost's power he added to the plan in the telepathic conversation, "the milksops can go if they want. I'll stay. Have to send Hill a message" and got ready to draw his weapons when the time comes.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-14 at 12:41 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Passing on the opportunity

    DP: (2d8)[4][4](8) (2d6)[2][6](8)

    Total 10
    Effect d8


    Try as he might, Frank can't jimmy the leftovers of his gear into something usable.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-14 at 10:11 AM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Natasha was speechless. And motionless.

    Before the coptor was landing, she was half squatting, her left leg stretched out, bandaging her partial gunshot wound before hearing the declaration. This was followed by the mental conversation between Emma and Laura.

    What struck Natasha as odd was the circumstances: A fake Hulk, a fake Azazel. The Aim Soldiers were blue instead of _yellow_, just like Hulk (hence why she was thinking Hulk was fake, since there was never any records of a _blue_ Hulk),

    The circumstances: Which SHIELD were the imposters? This one, or the one they were hired by?

    Was Hill a fake too? She wasn't Blue...

    But this was helping. There were several men and woman, all armed, all ready to use Lethal Force. Th only person there that had nothing to fear from being shot was Laura and Cage. Everyone else, including Emma if the soldiers had the right type of Ammo, were susceptible to bullets. Fighting wasn't an option. And with nowhere to run, neither was fleeing.

    But there was a path, even if everyone else were to egotisticle to take it. Widow learned, early in her career, that being taken prisoner also had it's advantages: Intel, Rest, Surprise attacking the Enemy. Take your pick. Fighting them now served no purpose.

    I say, let _them_ fly us out. It's foolish to fight a fight we can't win, and Falcon won't be able to go far fast enough by himself, much more carrying someone. Surrender Laura. Let 'us' dictate when to fight. We may even find out what the hell is going on.

    It was the only logical choice. And often, the logical choice isn't the most popular.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "...I was waiting for you to say that." She looks back to the armed men, her mind made up. "...if you can promise me that there will be people here to take care of the injured, and that my team will get the medical attention they need as well, then I surrender peacefully." Laura sets the injured soldier down against the tree, before taking off her assault weapons and laying them down. Picking up Luke Cage and carrying him in her arms, she goes peacefully toward the assault team.

    "We're outgunned here. And they already know how to take out every single one of us. If you think they're not going to jump at the chance to eliminate you, Castle, or you, Frost, then you're not thinking like a SHIELD agent. Stand down, Avengers."
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The lead SHIELD Agent responds gruffly, "Terrorists don't get to make demands. Surrender without condition or face the punishment." The man taps on the side of his gun to make his point.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dancing Owlbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Emma very nearly growls as she puts her hands behind her head. Glaring at her companions, she waits impatiently to be captured. 'Do not order me around, clone. The only reason I do this is in the hope that it will let me get close to Hill. She's going to pay for this betrayal.'
    Last edited by Dancing Owlbear; 2013-05-14 at 02:02 PM.
    Currently Dancing To: This Awesome Wonder Woman Theme Remix!

    Awesome avatars thanks to Komodo and Ceika! You're mathematical!
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "...yeah, whatever..." As much of a mental message as speaking to the men, she continues carrying Luke Cage toward them. "I'm just waiting for you to stick knives in our backs, you self-serving bitch."

    Laura works on closing off her mind. Doesn't need Emma Frost inside of there to make her start doing something dangerous. Either way, she wonders if this was Hill's intent all along, to recruit the people she'd most like to eliminate. However...she's not suspecting Hill as the figurehead just yet. This was much deeper.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-14 at 07:30 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dancing Owlbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Eyes narrow and perfect brow furrows. Emma feels the girl resist, finally closing off her mental link, though not before some parting words, 'The only one with knives here is you, child. And you were born, born and bred, to use them.'
    Currently Dancing To: This Awesome Wonder Woman Theme Remix!

    Awesome avatars thanks to Komodo and Ceika! You're mathematical!
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The SHIELD Agengts whip out a six adamantine manacles and cuff each of you, even the knocked out Luke Cage. With their guns aimed at your hearts, they load each of you into the chopper. The space inside is crammed with so many people inside. The six of you sit on a central bench, surrounded by guards. You have been tied around the bench with thick, Starktech industrial rope.

    One of their member pulls six black bags out of his pocket and yanks them over each of your heads. The helicopter slowly rises off the ground and flies off to the east, toward the Atlantic. The journey is slow and boring, what with only the inside of a black hood to look at. Suddenly the helicopter goes into a tail dive. You try to move but the guards prevent you.

    PING PING PING PING!

    BOOM!

    Something strikes the tail rotor of the copter, the whirlybird goes into a tail spin. Before you have time to react the craft strikes the water, back end first. The hit flings the passenger compartment through the air, where it skips across the water, once, twice, thrice. Natasha's hood falls off during the tussle. All of the SHIELD agents are slumped over, motionless. She knows the crash wasn't that bad... Poison perhaps?

    Before she can ponder the mystery any more, the helicopter sinks below the murky depths of the Atlantic. As it does, the passenger compartment slowly but inexorably fills with water. Ankle height... Knee height...

    Something, or rather, someone rips off the door. Natasha looks up and sees a blonde haired, blue eyed man she knows well. With a confident voice he says, "I'm Steve Rogers. I'm here to rescue you."

    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-14 at 09:46 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •