A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

Steve Rogers saved the newest team of Avengers from certain death. Captain America believes something nefarious is going on at SHIELD but exactly what, no one knows. The team secretly traveled to Madripoor, the island nation where anything goes and no one is ever extradited. It is home to the worst scumbags of the world, thus Madripoor is the perfect sanctuary for the team while they figure out their next move.

It is summer-time, the air is hot and humid. Life in the poverty-stricken Lowtown is dank, dirty and hopeless. The team has taken over a large apartment, with Rogers paying the landlord a sizable chunk of change for his discretion. With the rest of the heroes off in space fighting fighting Thanos and SHIELD seemingly insane, the team has no one to turn to save themselves...

The SPARTAN studio apartment has few, if any, luxuries. The brown tap water that flows through the sink smells of urine. The toilet is hidden away from the rest of the apartment by a ratty red curtain. The blue paint on the walls is faded, while the plaster is peeling, revealing the makeshift nature of the building. The bed was infested with bugs, and thus was quickly thrown out by Emma. Frank and Luke were able to get their hands on a few surplus military cots, as well as a first aid kit. Natasha and Sam were able to acquire a decent set of evening ware, just in case the need arises.

The team has been here for three weeks. Life is BLEAK but the good Captain keeps everyone's spirits up. The six unlikely teammates gather around a tiny coffee table at the center of the apartment.

"Ok team, we need supplies, information and a ride. Madripoor is a hive of scum and villainy, especially Hightown. I am far too well known to the rogues and villains that live in this town to be seen much outside. It will be up to you five to find what we need." The legend ponders a bit before continuing, "We know several big shot criminals (including Wilson Fisk, Madame Masque, and Jigsaw) as well as super villain escapees from the Raft (including Electro, Mister Hyde, Hydro-Man, Graviton and Purple Man) are gathering for some kind of nefarious convention. We may be on the run but we can't allow that kind of gathering to go unchecked or unsupervised. Plus..." a wry smile crosses Cap's face, "They probably have the supplies and vehicles we need."

The smile fades, "However, spying on such a convention is very risky. Our cover could be blown, or worse, we could be killed. We could avoid the villains and instead focus our efforts on AIM. They have representatives in town and we could easily pay them a visit. However, that too is dangerous, especially given their red and blue friends. I remember Nick Fury telling me that he had a secret depot some where in Madripoor but he never gave me any specifics. If we could find that secret base, we would have access to all the arms and supplies we'd need. However, I'd hate to tip Nick Fury's enemies off to its presence, let alone its location... Plus, he built it during his long tenure as Director of SHIELD, thus Maria Hill may know if its existence."

Rogers scratches his head, "All of our potential options are fraught with danger both from our enemies and the unknown."
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

After three weeks on this god forsaken island, Emma is near her wits end. The anemic hovel in which they have been reduced to squat within is a monument to third world filth and degradation, and the former White Queen has simply had enough. When she speaks, the edge in her voice is razor sharp with desperation and a desire for revenge, "The plan is simple, Rogers. This island is populated by nothing but scum.. present company excluded, of course. There is no reason to choose. We will.. deal.. with the convention and its odious attendees, exact some well-deserved payback upon the Advanced Idea Mechanics, and then raid the S.H.I.E.L.D. depot."

"After all, we will need all the weaponry and supplies we can get our hands on if we're going to have any chance of removing Hill as Director... permanently. Fury's lack of vision was astounding, even for a man with one eye. Why he ever trusted that detestable and imbecilic wench to take over when he was gone, I will never understand."

She looks over the others with a steel cold gaze, especially focusing upon Logan's 'daughter', "Are there any objections?"
    Currently Dancing To: This Awesome Wonder Woman Theme Remix!

Awesome avatars thanks to Komodo and Ceika! You're mathematical!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Laura raises a claw, not even bothering to make a finger. "Yeah. Who died and made you Queen Bitch? We're talking about dangerous things here." A light cough. "Don't strain yourself too hard, diamond fingernails break, too." Leaning back in her chair, she has her footclaws holding her to the table from below. Watch where you stick your hands, hmm? "We know that they cloned Hulk once, so there could be a whole army of them. AIM is out of the question until we have the firepower. At the same time, any massive reports of hero movement are going to stick all eyes on Madripoor."

"Cap here says he knows a depot. We've got our heavy munitions buff, and I think Castle's a veritable one-man-army. At the same time? He's also covert, and stealthy. I think he could manage to not alert anyone." She clasps her fingers together, the claws in her hands retracted. "At the same time, Natasha and I both have heavy experience with infiltration and stealth, so sneaking into a party of bad guys isn't too hard. What we do need is a distraction. So we need to get you into a dress to pretty your ass up. Shouldn't be hard to convince them that you've switched sides, especially with reports of us being crazy terrorists. Just watch for the hands - I hear Hydro-Man is a bit grabby." Shrug.

"I don't underestimate any of our villains, but in a fight, Hydro-Man and Electro are a bad team-up. Mister Hyde, Graviton, and Purple Man can easily be combated with a master-class telepath, and if Castle is quick enough, then taking on Kingpin, Madame Masque, and Jigsaw all at once isn't going to be as much of a problem. It'll be one hell of a fight, though, and I like odds better against them, since we actually know what we're up against, though it's still three on one in some cases. But overall, we need to be smart. Smarter than them, and that's hard - and as a team. Not letting our egos get in the way. Each and every one of us has skills to bring to the table, despite any grudges against each other."

"As for the other matter...I know you've commanded the Avengers before, Cap...Natasha...so we should defer to you two here. Which of our options is the most tactically-sound?"
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-15 at 05:13 AM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

4. - Top - End - #94

SwashbucklerGuy

Frank knew when he was outclassed. With most of the team lacking the cajones to fight, there was only one choice now the agents got the drop on them. "If I was really a terrorist, you know you'd be dead. Just hurry up and treat us the way you would any other prisoner" which if Frank was not mistaken will get the help for those that needed them, as long as Hill's plan could. He didn't know what the acting director of Shield was thinking as allowed himself to be cuffed.

Mentally the vigilante told the more idealistic members of the team "I hope you know what you're doing. This is not one of your superhero games where the villain will give you a chance to escape. A mistake will get not only you but all of us killed" and Frank was not about to let himself get offed like that. He still had work to do like taking out the AIM responsible for this mess and revenge on Hill..
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just getting the above out of the way first

"Ladies enough!" Frank said to the arguing mutants. They might not be interested but here was Captain America. An idealist among superheroes true, but he was a real war hero who earned his reputation in the battlefield. Not because of his powers like the rest.

"As much as I would like to take out those waste of humanity Captain, can you remind me again why you're not off-world with the other capes and how you found out about our situation?" Not that he did not appreciate it but the timing of his rescue was a little too convenient and even if doubting Captain America made the Punisher feel a little dirty, he had just about enough with doing the dirty work for bootlickers like Maria Hill, clone or not.

But still having all his hated enemies in one place was too tempting target to pass on. As if his decision was already made, Frank took out some communicator device most likely made by the person on the other line. "Its me. Word is the big names are going to have some party. I'm planning a gatecrash, get me some intel. Guestlist, blueprints, security, the usual."

As if there was nothing special about this event, the Punisher suggested to the rest of the group "better if we just nuke the place. Their plans are nothing when they are cinders and we won't lose anyone in a scuffle."

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating a covert resource called Pet Nerd at d8. No idea who it'd be in this timeline but I guess its a choice from Microchip, Stuart Clarke or Jiggy's son (which I forgot the name) :P
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-15 at 01:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Rogers responds rather gruffly to Emma, "We can't do everything or lest we will surly tip Hill off to our location. She isn't the kind of person to abide by Madripoor's extradition laws. If she gets wind of us, she'll send a strike team in to abduct us. Our best defense right now is the fact that no one would expect us to be here."

He looks over at X-23 a smiles, "You remind me so much of Logan. It's quite uncanny, really. I have not known many of you for long and do not know your full capabilities. Since I cannot leave the apartment, I will leave it to the five of you to choose the best course of action."

Captain stares into Frank's eyes, "There has been a lull in the war with Thanos. The Shi'ar fleet has bogged Thanos' fleet down. Tony Stark was critically injured. I came back to Earth with Wolverine and Wasp to procure several of Tony's suits, as well as Pym's miniature lab and a few other supplies. Unfortunately, Hill was lying in wait for us at Avenger's Tower. We were ambushed. We barely escaped with our lives. The three of us split up to round up the few remaining heroes and form a resistance force. When I heard you six were gathered by Hill, I knew something was up. You're lucky my intel was a bit late, or else I would have never run across your copter."
    DMing:

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Natasha was silently sitting in the far corner of the room near a low table. Laid out in front of her was the contents of a Madripor drop incase she had to do just what she was doing now.

Fake Passports, a .45 with several clips, money in different currencies (which she nearly burned through to help with essentials and cost of living in the apartment), and other spygear.

She didn't have to check her contacts to know that she had a burn notice. FBI, CIA, DEA, and especially SHIELD were now out of the question.

She wasn't ignoring the group, though it may look that way. In fact, as she went through the motions of cleaning her .45 and maintianing her bracelets, she locked away the various strategies and what-not. She looked up when she heard her name mentioned, her eyes falling on Laura...

She listened to Steve bounce the burden of decision back to them...

Back to her.

Damnit.

She looked away, back to checking the slide lock, back to checking the cleanliness of the chamber...

A minute has passed, allowing Frank to have his little say in the matter, it provided the distraction she needed to collect her thoughts.

"The convention must be kept intact, Frank." Natasha placed the gun down. "And no, it's not a hero thing... it's a intel thing. All of those men there has to know what's going on... why we were set up. Heck, some of them might be in on it."

She stood up and walked to the window. "Laura... we can't do jack squat without weapons and equipment. The best I can do is slip into another country undetected at this point... and that doesn't help any of you. As much as it will expose us... we need that secret base. If Fury ran it, I could crack into the filesystems... maybe even track SHIELD's movements and find other secret base locations..."

"...Laura, we need to risk the exposure. We need to strip the base for supplies, rations, ammo and tech at the very least."

7. - Top - End - #97

*CRACK* Her claws go right through the end of the table as Laura falls back, shocked. "What th...Dad's here?! On-planet?!" Oh hell. She picks herself up, claws retracting, and sits in the chair properly. Kinda...brushing off the wooden chippings from where she was. The unexpected comparison to Logan, as an endearment, is something she's been getting used to. But now that he's around...

Collecting herself, and listening to Laura, she makes her decision. "It's even more vitally important, now, that we find the warehouse, if we have a whole resistance force. Cap, if you can contact the others, and if they have Pym technology on them, then we could break in and clear out Fury's warehouse before anyone's the wiser. And I don't favor going after a bunch of villains if we don't have to. Additionally, you're dealing with mutants, Castle - even a nuke couldn't stop them if they combine efforts. Each and every one of them has field experience. It'd be the equivalent of Cap going in alone against a score of Nazis who each have a power to kill him violently. Not to say it couldn't be done, but it's not smart, and the chance of coming out alive is nearly nil." Er. "...no offense, Cap."

Laura leans in, clasping her fingers through each other. "For this, then, we each have a job. Natasha can hack into security, and get us the intel we need. Castle, you've got a contact or two - see if they can't narrow down the search field for us. Luke is better off staying here, in case we need backup - sorry, but you're hard not to notice, and I'd rather have you home to your wife safely as soon as it's possible." Anywho. "Emma, you're on concealment - on the off-chance we're spotted, you can wipe any trace of our passing. The less tracks we leave, the better. Sam always has a bird's eye view, and can help with the search."

"If we're quick enough, and smart, we can get in and get out with Fury's personal stash. And I don't know about any of you, but I'd trust an arsenal of his over anything the AIM or SHIELD has on them right now. Hell, I found one of Stark's suits just in the Helicarrier - we'd have a lot of resources to work with, and possibly enough to even the odds."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-15 at 02:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Natasha smiled at Laura and then turned to Steve. "Cap, you still have that Laptop? The one with the 4G wi-fi? I could hack into a few backdoor sites and scrounge up some potential passcodes and worms to hack into the security systems there..."

9. - Top - End - #99

Laura smiles back, unconsciously, as she thinks. "In the meantime...Logan used to visit a bar here pretty frequently when he was laying low, and I know two of his friends own it - Lindsay McCabe, and O'Donnell. If they have any information for us, it'd be a good time to call in favors." It's almost ironic, actually, that she'd end up in the place where her genetic father made a name for himself. Many friends, here...

Maybe it's not her place to say, but she wouldn't have their relationship any other way. They know each other perfectly, almost - feelings, inner desires...the rage that he taught her to control, and only use when absolutely necessary. If she ever lives as long as he has...well, Logan's a tough act to follow, but she'll try like hell.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-15 at 04:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Cap smiles at Natasha as he pulls his laptop out of a satchel, "Tony says this is his latest model. Connects to Stark's private satellite. Says it uses 5G's, or something."
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #101

SwashbucklerGuy

"Hmmmmm..." If what the Captain said was true then Hill is actually a bigger problem than he thought. "What we know now is that Hill is making a grab at the caped community" and for no reason a powerless human like Castle was involved. "Were you able to retrieve your gear from the Tower or is it in the hands of the enemy?" he asked. With any luck they might have some things they can use already.

Anyway, "I think that you've been playing hero so much that you've forgotten how things work in our world Widow. Better to kill all those freaks instead of trying to impress your peers. If its intel you want, we can just take Frost with us when we find Hill to extract it from her mind painfully because the scum in that gathering don't share your sentiments. They will kill us with a smile on their face as much as I will them." Hopefully if they do the former, they can turn that backstabbing @#$%&! into a vegetable in the progress. "If you think blowing them up, I've already proven you wrong a million times over kid" during his personal war. Powers are not really needed when a few bullets and bombs can do the same.

With a grunt Frank agreed that "I think finding Fury's base is a good idea" although the vigilante didn't want to give a reason for the superspy to make him an enemy. "If we're lucky, we find Fury to fix this mess or he might some information on why Hill's finally lost it." Even if there was nothing, Logan's little killing machine has suggested he find out from his "contacts" and Frank was really looking for a way to let off some steam.

"I'll follow you to the bar kid. If we're lucky I might find some of my usual information sources on the way there" and having one of the most dangerous living weapons out there nearby might be useful in case anything happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling to find out stuff through Micro or whoever I guess.

Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[7]
    Distinction: Bleak (1d4)[1] +1PP
    Specialty: Covert Master (1d8)[4] (1d8)[6]
    Resource: Pet nerd (1d8)[8]

15 total, d8 effect and one opportunity.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-16 at 02:41 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Looking over, Laura quirks her eyebrow. "If you're sure...just going out for drinks and a chat." Hmm. "Not sure how recognizable either of us are, but I'm guessing I fit in a little better than blondie." Emma.

She stands up, taking her jacket up from where it lies. She's wearing blue-jeans, and a long-sleeved shirt, too. The heat and humidity don't bother her as much as they should, but that's either from her training, or just pure stamina. Either way, she's keeping the scars on her arms covered while she's here. Don't want any questions about them in public, even if she normally keeps her arms unrestricted.

Granted, there may be a bit of self-consciousness going on, with the way Emma dresses and looks.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-18 at 02:05 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Natasha closed her eyes as the laptop was slid to her. Frank Castle's arguments were always the same. Sure, he made sense... the problem was that he was too stubborn, blunt, and destructive for his own good. He seems to forget the many times Wilson Fisk played him for a fool due to his predictbility.

She opened her eyes and soon her fingers began flying over the keyboard. She doesn't respond to Frank... and instead, fakes a look of hurt. Should help boost his morale and ego.

And they needed every bit of Morale they could get.

She logged onto a banking site, then operated a crack that lead her to a backdoor application.

"So we're all set to assume Hill is behind this, despite the fact that are enemies have proven they have clone technology?"

There we go. The worm program was just where she left it. Picking up some random spygear, she began downloading. Delicate work, this.

14. - Top - End - #104

"Not assuming it's all Hill just yet, though I'm pretty sure you know her better than we do. She seems to have a dislike for all that Fury's done - and it seems that it's going to include the Avengers." Actually, that's a pretty decent idea. "Might want to see her data-file if we get the chance...and those clones acted pretty spot-on to the personalities of their sources - although I could imitate Hulk any day of the week." She screws up her face, making fists and bringing them down on imaginary obstacles. "HULK MAAAAAAD!! HULK SMAAAASH!! HULK NO LIKE PUNY MEN!! RAAAAUUGH!!" Deadpan look. She's been working on her sense of humor.

"We'll be back in a bit, guys." Laura opens the door, leading out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking in, and sitting down at the bar, she holds up two fingers. "Two Molson Exports, and keep 'em coming." Using her peripherals, she can tell that there's always a thug or two. You didn't bring fights into the Princess Bar, though - just wasn't respectable. And who wants to shut down a good bar?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep looks at X-23 and asks, "You sure you're old enough kid?"
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #106

SwashbucklerGuy

"Fine Natasha, a Hill will be taken down when this is all done" Frank said in response to the clone comment but he didn't really care. He didn't like Hill compared to Fury who was obviously more committed to the mission. And then he sees what X-23 is doing, an imitation which will make the real Hulk go on a rampage if he saw it and groaned with a facepalm. "Lets just get on with the job before you embarrass yourself anymore princess."

Going...going...going...gone!

Taking a seat at the bar, Frank said "she can hold it" before looking around the establishment for the perfect type of scum that he can use to get the information he wants and enjoy it.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-16 at 02:22 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

"Old enough to own a gun." In reality, she's...well, by estimates, Laura's seventeen or eighteen. And in all likelyhood, she'd look like this for the next two hundred years.

Not to mention she could smoke and drink for ten days straight, and still be completely fine. Depending on who you are, the healing factor is either a blessing or a curse. "Just put it on my brother's tab. Guy by the name of Patch." She says this quietly, so as not to attract attention.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"Old enough to hold a gun, eh? That's old enough to drink a beer in Madripoor. Nothin' harder though." The Barkeep slides over a dripping wet bottle of some Chinese beer. It's cool to the touch but not frigid, obvious sitting in a cooler full of melted ice water. He looks into X-23's eyes, "What will your father have?"

When she mentions Patches' name he gives a slight tell with his eyebrows but he tries to remain as calm and nonchalant as possible, "Patches? Never heard of him."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-16 at 04:37 PM.
    DMing:

19. - Top - End - #109

Laura uncaps it with her teeth, spitting the metal out. And sips on the beer, staring back. Tasting the alcohol. Rice. Bah, too much to ask for Canadian imports, though that was her first clue-in to being acquainted with "Patch". "Something cold, hard, and ready to kick ass, for the old man." And recognizing the tell, she rubs her nose. One claw sliding out just a few inches, creating a small trickle of blood. "You sure? I hear he used to come in all the time."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-16 at 04:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep smiles, "One Count Neferious for the old man." The man then mixes the drink, using what seems like 30 different bottles. "So, what would a grizzled old man and a pretty young thing want with a guy like Patches?"
    DMing:

21. - Top - End - #111

"Well, he's in some trouble, and we're trying to help him out." The nick on her hand heals up, and she wipes the blood onto her coat nonchalantly. "Heard that an old friend of his comes to town frequently, and may have some supplies for us to use. I know Patch always tells people to keep their eyes out, so I'm wondering if you know anything." Laura shakes the bottle, frowning. Son of a bitch, she already drank it.

She's pretty entertained that Castle's getting called "old", though.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep finishes mixing the drink and slams the mug down on the table, "Be a dear and hand this to your pop. Now you mentioned his special friend? Well, Patches did have a lot of special friends, if you know what I mean but... Some how I'm thinking you aren't looking for his flings. There was this one chap Patches had a beer with a few times, called him Ole' One Eye. Guy kept to himself for the most part but he and Patches were pretty close."

The barkeep starts laughing, "One time, Ole' One Eye had his '57 Chevy towed away by Madripoor cops. Some guy from Hightown had purchased the car at auction before Ole' One Eye could scrape together the funds to pay off the corrupt police. I think his name was Reed... Keed... Creed! That was it. Creed."
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #113

Laura slides the drink over to Castle. "One Eye, yeah! Hasn't been seen in a while." She laughs along with him, focused in her head. Creed. Victor Creed. Well, it seems like even Logan's enemies have a legacy coming to haunt her. In any case. "I've heard about Creed, too...Patch tells me he's this burly dude, snarls a lot. Real penchant for being an *******."

In any case. Back to business. "Need to know if you'd heard where Ole One Eye hung out besides here, though. Could make it worth your while, when we can manage it - renovate the bar a bit, have some backup cash just in case...you know?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep scratches his head, "I don't know where Ole' One Eye called home. He was always more of a wanderer. His car was pretty high-tech, I mean for that day-and-age. I think it had a computer build into it, and a Cell Phone, from way back when cell phones were gigantic. I'd love to get my hands on that car. Just imagine what else it has hidden in it!"
    DMing:

25. - Top - End - #115

Hmm. "Well, hit me up with another beer." Laura gestures to the empty bottle, thinking to herself.

"One Eye had to be living pretty close by, though, yeah? Maybe Patch mentioned something about it?" She's hoping, but it's looking bleaker. Maybe, though...they'd already narrowed it. Knowing Fury, he'd hide everything in plain sight.

In a car. "Hang on a sec. Did One Eye ever drive anything else, besides the '57? And where was it towed from?"
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-17 at 12:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

SwashbucklerGuy

"Thanks Princess" Frank said taking the drink from the girl who was having a little too much fun with this trip.

But before he even having the chance to touch the drink Castle said "great...Creed..." while rubbing on his eyebrows. Now he couldn't even take a sip because he "won't want to go anywhere near that crazed animal" even if he was sober but he won't have a choice by the looks of it.

Turning on his communicator discreetly, Frank said "do you know where we can find Creed or One Eye? Better if you can help since we don't want to go asking the cops about our friend's '57 Chevy" to both the bartender and Micro who should know what to do with what he just said.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Getting the pet nerd to hack the police files to find out? :P

Affiliation: Team (1d6)[5]
    distinction: Obsessed Vigilante (1d8)[8]
    Specialty: Covert Master (1d10)[5]
    Resource: Pet nerd (1d8)[5]

13 total, d10 effect
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-17 at 01:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

One eye never drove anything save that old teal '57. The cops towed it away from out front while old one eye was with a special friend. He stayed in hotels, or where ever the heck Patches stayed. Always got the impression he hated Madripoor.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]3d6[roll]
    DMing:

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

The Punisher is told that Creed's whereabouts are currently unknown. However, he has a permanently rented room in the Alta Vista Hotel, which comes with a parking space. No info on the car though. Your man tells you that much of Madripoor's police files have not been transferred to a digital format.
    DMing:

29. - Top - End - #119

She looks aside to The Punisher, and then back at the barkeep. "...well, you've been pretty helpful. I'll give both of them your regards when we catch back up with them." Laura stands up, leaving a tip on the bar. Patting Castle on the shoulder. "Come on, Pops. Time to get going, yeah?"

30. - Top - End - #120

SwashbucklerGuy

Finishing his glass of Nefarious in one sitting, the Punisher growled saying "I'm not your pops. Go talk to Log-...Patches about your daddy issues princess" before asking the bartender "I need a bottle of something strong to go" before handing over what he owed.

"We're going to take a trip to the Alta Vista Hotel" Frank told Laura without much of an explanation. "You know where it is?"