New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

"Didn't you hear the nice man? You're my father now." She leans in, grinning and batting her eyelashes. "I want a dress, and a pony, and a little tea set where I can talk to imaginary people and nibble on tiny scones." Laura smacks his shoulder, getting a scowl. "Lighten up - if your ass was any harder, you'd be ****ting bricks. The Alta Vista is in Hightown, and it's a bit of a walk." She goes outside, waiting for him to catch up before leading.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-17 at 01:48 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Natasha (who has been following everything through commlink back at the apartment), began to compile a search on any and everything relevant of the Hotel the two were going to, eyeing Steve and Emma before saying, "I'm suiting up and meeting you two there as a shadow. I don't like this..."

As the search began, she stood up, stretched, they walked to the room she shared with Laura, where her Widow Suit hung. "ETA, 20 minutes."

Five minutes later, she reentered the room in her suit and looked at Cap and Emma. "Coming, Comrades?"

She asked, knowing full well Steve's answer. She was just hoping on that slim chance he'd change his mind. Otherwise, it would be up to her to keep these 'kids', both metaphorically and literally, alive.

She did not have a good track record when it came to saving the lives of her friends.

Spoiler
    Show

Going for Hotel Intel Asset. Need the pp, so now is a good time to start hording again.

Solo- (1d10)[8]
    Leader- (1d4)[1]
    Covert Master- 3d6 (1d6)[2](1d6)[4](1d6)[3]

Total: 12; d6 effect.
    Last edited by thejoshie; 2013-05-17 at 05:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Have your PP!

(4d6)[2][4][2][2](10)

Total: 6

Widow learns that the Alta Vista Hotel was once the best hotel in the city way back in the 30's. Since then it has been bought and sold roughly thirty times, with each successive owner renovating and improving the building. Currently Alta Vista Corp. operates the facility, which is a subsidiary of Hammer Industries. Black Widow also finds out that a Wilson Fisk has booked the penthouse suite and that the grand ball room has been booked for a big - invitation only - gala.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-17 at 06:38 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #124

SwashbucklerGuy

"If my kids were like you, I wouldn't even be in this mess right now but I have no regrets..." Frank said as he remembered about that painful day in the park which started his war before catching up with his new "daughter". "You're old enough to own a gun, this is all you're going to get" he said as he gave her a side arm and a knife. "The last thing we want is for anyone to see you popping those claws before we're ready to wipe them out" especially Creed. Logan would kill him for that.

Hearing the Widow, Frank said "got it" before turning off his comms and telling his partner "looks like we got fifteen minutes to grab Fury's ride before the Ruskie comes and ruins everything up with her precious morality" and hurriedly made his way to the hotel his destination being the parking lot. "Lets go."

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating an asset for X-23, weapons!

Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[4]
    Distinction: Dead Inside (1d4)[1] +1PP
    War on Crime: Weapon (1d10)[4]
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d8)[4] (1d8)[3]
    Limit: Tragic Past (stepping up emotional stress for 1 PP)

11 total (spending 1 PP), d10 total, 1 opportunity. Using 1 PP to make it persistent.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-18 at 02:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6)[5][5][6][1](17)

Total 11. Victory.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-18 at 02:42 AM.
    DMing:

6. - Top - End - #126

"Got it." Laura pulls a silencer out of her jacket pocket, affixing it to the barrel before looping it through the cut strap on the inside. She'd seen this jacket when they went and got outfits - and something called to her. Fixing it up, and putting a couple hidden pockets, as well as that makeshift holster, was a bit of a pet project for her. Plus it's comfortable as hell. She switches her comm to receiving-only, for now, and stows the knife in a second strap inside. Really, this jacket could hold a couple semi-automatics, too, as well as an assortment of blades.

She's laying off of Castle for now, after seeing that look. His kids, huh...explains a few things, maybe. Laura catches up with him now, guiding him aside only when a shorter route would present itself. "I'm agreeing with you, but she's right - this might be a trap. Why the hell would Fury let Creed keep his car? Especially with all that tech in there? If we're going in, we're going covert. No running and gunning."

Really, she'd rather wait for Widow. But after the last battle...the number of times Natasha was in danger, in direct combat...no. If there was a fight, she's going to take care of it. She's the monster, the killer - Nat's court is spying, and espionage, not on the frontlines. And if there was a fight...Laura and Frank could hold out until backup arrives. If there's one thing about the Punisher, it's that he's as hard to kill as she is, even without the immunities.

The most dangerous thing in the world is a man without something to live for.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

...Frank made a rare mistake. He cutoff his communicator, but forgot about Laura's.

As a result, when he made the comment about getting there before 'her precious morality ruined things' he said it within earshot of Natasha and Steve.

Black Widow silently killed her feed, pretending to not be online. Fine. She had five minutes to get there, find the car, and set the trap.

She takes the keys to Rodger's bike. He won't be needing it. She then filled her gym bag with the spy gear she thought she would need and headed off...

But not before a plan formed in her head. If Frank wants to be gung-ho, best to take advantage of it...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a pp to create "Spy Gear" d8 resource. Also, sending a pm to you, Hammer. Time for some intrigue! XD

8. - Top - End - #128

SwashbucklerGuy

A trap? By Creed? Highly unlikely. "Logan and Creed been going at it for ages" which should say a lot about the two. Frank gave something as close to a smile as he could recalling. "Logan's so easily manipulated I don't think Creed's used to making the effort." It was of course thanks to Wolverine's hot temper being directed by him that the Punisher was able to get out of a few close moments.

As for the car "We take the car, we find Fury. If we ruin Fury's plans," based on the farfetched idea that Fury is letting Creed keep the car "Fury'll find us." Either way they win and Creed loses. "Of course we're going in covert, but that doesn't mean I don't want anything interesting to happen" he said feeling on his weapons.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Frank and Laura hitch a ride to Hightown. The stark contrast between rich and poor is no more obvious than at the wall that divides High from Low. On one side lies make shift hovels, on the other, beautiful, modern skyscrapers. Captain America provided the Punisher and X-23 with enough cash to bribe the wall's guards and secure entry into Hightown. The Alta Vista Hotel is as grand an beautiful as you have heard. As Laura and Frank near the hotel, they immediately notice the HIGH-TECH SECURITY, complete with hovering robot drones, cameras and lots of security guards. Thanks to Frank's years of experience, they manage to sneak into the underground parking garage without being noticed. It is filled high priced cars - Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Jaguars, Rolls-Royces, stock cars, and many custom built automobiles and choppers.

As they head towards the stairs that lead down to where they believe Fury's car is parked, steel barricades slam down in front of the doors, trapping the two heroes in the garage. The lights suddenly switch off. It is COMPLETELY DARK. They hear a voice, cold, unfeeling, deep, "You should not have come here Mr. Castle." Frank recognizes the voice as that of Wilson Fisk - the Kingpin. "It's a shame I must kill you in this... Manner. I would have preferred to slay you myself, with my bare hands but..." he laughs, "Even someone like myself must compromise his dreams to see his goals completed.

Heavy footfalls and mechanical clicking can be heard echoing off in the distance...

Spoiler
    Show

X-23 goes first.

DMing:

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    make The Post Appear
    DMing:

11. - Top - End - #131

Laura hears the grate slam, looking up at the intercom. Oh hell.

"You know, Frank? It just occurred to me that Victor doesn't ****ing drive. And do you have any friends that don't try to kill you?" She hears the metal machines coming, and levels her gun. "Because I'm not sure this family thing is going to work out." The echoes...closing her eyes, she aims, and starts firing at the machines.

"Get to some cover, and get ready to flip the lights on. Chances are they're not going to like that if they're wearing nightvision."

Spoiler
    Show
    Buddy: (1d8)[4]
    Killer Instinct: (1d8)[7]
    Superhuman Senses: (1d10)[9]
    Combat Master: (1d10)[5]
    Weaponry: (1d10)[4]
    Stunt - Like a Daredevil: (1d8)[5]

Total: 21, spending 1PP for three die.
    Effect Die: d10

+1 XP, leading team. +3 XP for a "night out on the town". Drinks and goons, yeah?
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-18 at 06:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

The Goons do what they do best - shoot! Why bother with defense when you can just kill the enemy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Team: (4d6)[6][6][3][2](17)
    Hired Guns (1d8)[6]
    Guns (1d8)[5]

Spend 2 Doom Dice to keep two extra d6's.

Total: 23
    Effect: d6

As Laura nears the enemy, they lay into her with their semiautomatic weapons. X-23 wasn't expecting such lethality, especially from enemies she presumed to be at a disadvantaged. He chest is pelted with bullets.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-18 at 06:24 PM.
    DMing:

13. - Top - End - #133

SwashbucklerGuy

Ignoring the comment about Creed's ability to drive, Frank instead chose to respond with the other subject on his mind. "It never does. Family dies..." except for Logan and Laura that were spoilt with their healing factors.

However more important issues came up. "Hell..." it never occurred to Castle that Fisk would have control over the hotel. He was getting careless with his first mistake being joining this team. "Don't worry Fisk, one of us will reach our goals" the Vigilante said before ducking behind a car for cover and unlike Fisk, he won't compromise.

But first things first. The girl wanted lights so Frank was going to give her lots, along with some loud noises. Chances are the mooks wouldn't like some well placed bullets either but beggars can't be choosers. "Micro help me run interference" he said into his comms hoping that this hotel can actually be hacked.

Getting straight to it, Frank started shooting at the cars to turn on their alarms and flashing lights and not even stopping until they do even when he was hit by some stray bullets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Creating an asset called distraction

Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[1]
    distinction: High Tech Security (1d8)[2]
    War on Crime: Weapon (1d10)[10] (1d10)[5]
    SFX: Take your shot (doubling for d6 stress)
    Specialty: Menace Master (1d10)[6]
    Resource: Pet nerd (1d8)[1] (damn Fisk's security...)
    Limit: Tragic Past (stepping up emotional stress for 1 PP)

21 total (using 1PP), d8 effect, 2 opportunities.
    Using 1PP to make it persistent
    baddies next
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-18 at 11:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposition: Buying one opportunity, then upgrading the die to a d8.

(1d6)[6] (1d8)[2]

Total 8
    Effect d4.

Your Asset is bumped to a d12.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-19 at 01:24 AM.
    DMing:

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

All of your enemies are equipped with night-vision goggles, so the darkness does not affect them. The loud noise of car alarms honking, however, infuriates them! The goons lob over a volley of bullets at both Frank and Laura. The Thugs spread out and shoot jets of fire at both heroes, while the drones fire off miniature rockets.

Meanwhile Fisk patches into the PA, "Ah, yes. Destroy all of the cars down there Mr. Castle. I care not. The insurance company will compensate my guests fully for all damages."

Spoiler
    Show

Goons' Bulletts v. both F and L.

Team: (4d6)[1][4][2][6](13)
    Hired Guns (1d8)[6]
    Guns (1d8)[7]
    Area Attack: (1d6)[3]

Total: 19
    Effect: d6 for Frank, d6 for Laura

Spending a Doom Die to keep 3.

-----

Thugs' flame throwers v F and L

Team: (6d6)[5][2][2][3][6][2](20)
    Best Mercenaries Available (1d8)[3]
    Flame Throwers (1d8)[5]
    Area Attack: (1d6)[5]

Total: 11
    Effect: d8 for Laura, d6 for Frank

----

Floating Drone's miniature missile attack v F & L

Team: (4d6)[1][3][2][6](12)
    Programmed to Succeed (1d8)[8]
    Rockets (1d6)[2](2)
    Area Attack: (1d6)[4]

Total: 14
    Effect: d6 for both Laura and Frank

Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-19 at 01:42 AM.
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #136

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take those two opportunities. 1 for a stunt on my next action and another for making a combat resource Urban Warfare at d8 which is telling Laura to take advantage of the space.

Fisk was talking but Frank will ignore it for now. He will be able to hear the fat man's screams along with every other dirtbag he has hiding up there later. For that he'd need all the help he can get.

"Only two of us against all of them Laura, lets split up and take advantage of this cramped garage, you get in from the front" Frank yelled as he ran through the mess of vehicles to get into a better position and take the mooks by surprise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Distinction: Completely Dark (1d4)[4] +1PP
    War on Crime: Enhanced Durability (1d10)[3] (1d10)[1]
    SFX: Full Auto (doubling)
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d8)[4] (1d8)[8]
    Asset: distraction (1d12)[10]
    Resource: Urban Warfare (1d8)[2]

Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[2]
    Distinction: Completely Dark (1d4)[3] +1PP
    War on Crime: Enhanced Durability (1d10)[7] (1d10)[3]
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d8)[2] (1d8)[3]
    Asset: distraction (1d12)[8]
    Resource: Urban Warfare (1d8)[7]

Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[2]
    Distinction: Completely Dark (1d4)[2] +1PP
    War on Crime: Enhanced Durability (1d10)[3] (1d10)[10]
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d8)[6] (1d8)[3]
    Asset: distraction (1d12)[11]
    Resource: Urban Warfare (1d8)[1]

Goons: 20 total (spending 1PP) d10 effect, 1 opportunity
    Thugs: 17 total d10 effect, hit em by surprise! d12 asset for X23 (1 PP)
    Floating drones: 19 total d10 effect, 1 opportunity
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-19 at 11:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Facing them head on, all of her training kicks in. And her fear goes away. Tossing off her jacket and flinging it to the side, she just walks calmly at them. Firing round after round at the men, the bots, darkness no longer an advantage for her. There were lights, and sounds, and a swath of enemies in front of her. New clip from the back of her belt - and she continues taking aim where she will, shooting for vitals and taking them out one by one. Bullets flying into her, through her - staggered by the impact of a missle, and the heat of flames. Skin flying, burning away, and regenerating as quickly as it happens, leaving her calm and still alive. Ignoring all the pain.

Another clip. Her watch has kicked it. But her gun still fires, even as it warms up in her hand from the flames, she does not feel it.

Laura is at peace - as if this is the fight she will not walk away from. But if only she dies today, then this is a victory. "One girl against fourteen. I like these odds."

Spoiler
    Show
    Goons
    Buddy: (1d8)[8]
    Completely Dark: (1d4)[2] +1pp
    Godlike Stamina: (1d12)[2]
    Combat Master: (1d10)[9]
    Distraction: (1d12)[9]
    Weaponry: (1d10)[10]

Total: 26, spending the 1pp to make it three dice.
    Effect: 1d12 counterpunch(-1pp)

Thugs
    Buddy: (1d8)[1]
    Completely Dark: (1d4)[4] +1pp
    Godlike Stamina: (1d12)[3]
    Combat Master: (1d10)[4]
    Distraction: (1d12)[5]
    Weaponry: (1d10)[1]

Total: 13, spending 1pp to make it three dice, two opportunities one opportunity.
    Effect: 1d12 counterpunch(-1pp)

Drones
    Buddy: (1d8)[6]
    Completely Dark: (1d4)[2] +1pp
    Godlike Stamina: (1d12)[4]
    Combat Master: (1d10)[4]
    Distraction: (1d12)[1]
    Weaponry: (1d10)[3]

Total: 10, one opportunity.
    Effect: d12

Attack on Thugs.
    Buddy: (1d8)[3]
    Completely Dark: (1d4)[3] +1pp
    Godlike Stamina: (1d12)[3]
    Combat Master: (1d10)[9]
    Distraction: (1d12)[6]
    Weaponry: (1d10)[4]

Total: 18, spending 1pp to make it three dice.
    Effect: d12

(Total of three two opportunities)
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-20 at 04:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

The Thugs rush backwards and duck behind cover trying to avoid X-23's volley of fire.

Spoiler
    Show

Team: (6d6)[2][1][4][4][3][2](16)
    Complete Darkness (1d4)[2] +1 Doom Die
    Body Armor (1d6)[5]

Total: 9. One degree of success compared to your 18 (the best you can get with 3 dice since you cannot use 2 assets), which bumps your d12 up to a d12 and a d4 thus eliminating two team dice from the thugs.

Effect: d6

The emergency lights kick on, blanketing the area in a red glow. The garage has so many cars that it has NO VACANCY.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend a doom die to change the scene distinction.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-19 at 07:59 PM.
    DMing:

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

10 Minutes ago...

"...this is Fisk. Who is this, and how did you get this number...?"

"My name is not important. Of more immediate concern is the two people who will be in view of your penthouse window right about... now."

"...what... is that... Castle!?"

"Yep... he found out about you, and have come to shut you down..."

"I see... Charles we're about to have company. As for you... who are you, and what is this going to cost me?"

Natasha frowned as she watched Frank and Laura enter the garage. Morality will hinder her judgement... that almost made her laugh when she heard it.

"...as I said, Mr. Fisk, my name isn't important and the price, for giving you the head of one of your greatest enemies, All I ask for is a simple car..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Ain't I a stinker? Anywho, setting up a scene for Widow to get that car while Laura and Frank make a nice big distraction. Thanks for the assist, guys! XD

3xp for placing Frank and Laura into a dangerous situation.
    Last edited by thejoshie; 2013-05-19 at 09:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"If Castle dies, you can have every car in the garage!"
    DMing:

21. - Top - End - #141

SwashbucklerGuy

Frank allowed the Logan's little assassin to do what she does best so that he may find it easier to move around the garage to a more favorable position even with all the vehicles blocking his way. At least he can trust the noises to be louder than his bumbling.

Once he was close to the flamethrowing thugs with the goons in between he yelled "think fast!" to get their attention before tossing the bottle he got from the bar earlier together with a grenade along with a few others for good measure. They might actually get to him first but it was going to be worth it.

It was going to be the best drink he never had and those flamethrowers are only going to make it better.

"You can take the drones hero, just leave me the mooks" or whatever is left.

Spoiler
    Show
    Distinction: No Vacancy (1d4)[1] +1PP
    War on Crime: Weapon (1d12)[5]
    SFX: Take Your Shot (Stepping up for d6 stress)
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d10)[2]
    Asset: Distraction (1d12)[3]
    Stunt: Punisher's Special Cocktail (1d10)[10]
    SFX: Explosives (1d6)[5] (1d6)[5] (1d6)[1] (1d6)[5] (1d6)[6] (1d6)[4] (1d6)[5] (1d6)[3]

21 total (spending 1 PP), 2 opportunities
    Goons effect: d6, d6
    Thugs effect: d12, d12, d10
    drones effect: d8, d6, d6, d6

Oh no Widow didn't! Initiate PVP flag later!!! :P
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-19 at 11:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Buying both opportunities.

The Goons run away, finding cover where they can from the explosion. The Thugs, however, decide to brave the flames and shoot off burning hot jets of fire in large circular patterns to singe everything nearby be it metal, concrete or flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Goons' hide from Frank

Team: (1d6)[4](1d6)[5]
    Hired Guns (1d4)[2] +1 D6
    Body Armor (1d6)[4]

Total: Horrendously low
    Effect: Not enough

-----

Thugs' flame throwers v F

Team: (3d6)[2][4][4](10)
    Best Mercenaries Available (1d4)[4] +1 d6
    Flame Throwers (1d8)[8]

Total: 22
    Effect: d4

Spending 3 d6's to keep 3 additional dice.

The goons are caught completely unawares and obliterated fully. Chunks of their flesh spray the surrounding environs. Meanwhile the whindmill-like pattern the Thugs decided to employ for their flame throwers proves highly effective as one of the jets blasts Frank's left arm, burning off his sleeve.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-19 at 11:43 PM.
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

As it would happen, the drones are also hit by the shrapnel that flies off the mangled automobiles. The Drones were not programed to deal with this eventuality, and so decide to fly away as fast as they can from the epicenter of the blast.

Spoiler
    Show

Team: (4d6)[18] (4d6)[3][5][2][4](14)
    Programmed to Succeed (1d4)[1] (but this was not a programmed possibility) +1d6.
    Fly away (1d8)[8]

Total: 9
    Effect: d8

The shrapnel pelts the backs of the drones, which causes their hover engine to sputter out. All of the drones crash into walls or the ground, rendering them inert.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-20 at 12:00 AM.
    DMing:

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

With all of their allies eliminated, the few remaining thugs decide to go for broke. Three of the remaining thugs remove their fuel packs and fling them at Frank, while a fourth compatriot shoots the packs with a gun, igniting an explosion the likes of which frank hasn't seen in many months!

Spoiler
    Show

Team: (3d6)[5][6][4](15)
    Best Money Can Buy (1d4)[3]
    Guns and Fuel Back Packs: (1d8)[4]

Total: 18
    Effect: d8

Using two d6's to keep an additional 2.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-20 at 12:11 AM.
    DMing:

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile...

The Black Widow infiltrates the parking Garage through a secret entrance she learned about while looking at the building's schematics. Utilizing all of her years of experience as a world-class super spy, Natasha manages to duck, roll, crawl and run past all security devices in the parking garage. She comes upon the designated space, floor B7, space 704. The car is of the right shape but has a tight fitting drape stretched across it...
    DMing:

26. - Top - End - #146

SwashbucklerGuy

The attack earlier, though effective left Castle's head throbbing, made worse by the annoying alarm sounds in the garage. Just a few more and he can be done with the job and get some lunch but the remaining thugs didn't look like they were going to make it easy for him.

"Smart..." he told himself when he was saw the thugs were planning to do what he just did only this was going to be a lot more devastating since he only used whatever it was the barkeeper gave him and they were actually using a fuel pack.

Quickly drawing his own guns and firing to try and beat the thugs at their own game, the Punisher took a dive at a pillar to try and get out of the way of the explosives and hopefully any other flammable vehicles. He had considerably less armor than the drones and even those were wrecked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Buddy (1d8)[6]
    Distinction: No Vacancy (1d4)[4] +1PP
    War on Crime: Weapons (1d10)[2] (1d10)[6]
    Specialty: Combat Master (1d10)[8]
    Stress: Physical (1d6)[6]
    Asset: Distraction (1d12)[11]
    Resource: Urban Warfare (1d8)[3]

20 total, d10 effect. Spending a PP to use my effect die on one of them. I'll update that.

Frank was proven to be faster and he saw the thug nearest to him getting incinerated. "Burn in Hell. Your friends will be joining you shortly."
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-20 at 01:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

"...ashes, ashes, we all fall down..." Coming out of the flames, stepping over an exploding drone, Laura tosses aside her gun. No more clips. No more rounds. Her claws slide out of her hands, and when the attention is diverted, she comes out from in between two cars, having to go out of her way to get to the moving targets. Stalking - and now she attacks, letting them know what happens when they turn their backs on her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Buddy: (1d8)[1]
    No Vacancy: (1d4)[2] +1pp
    SFX Slice & Dice: Step up or double one Feral Mutant die. Eliminate the highest rolling die, but use three die for your total.
    Adamantium Claws: (1d10)[5](1d10)[9]
    Combat Master: (1d8)[5](1d8)[1]
    Hit 'em By Surprise: (1d12)[6]
    Physical Stress: (1d6)[5]

Total: 16, 2 opportunities
    Effect Die: d10

Spending 1pp to recover all Physical Stress as per Healing Factor. +1XP: Stalking the enemy like a predator does prey.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-20 at 02:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

...Fisk was on the level?

Okay, Natasha knew the Kingpin hated the Punisher... but seriously? He literally trusted her!? No ambuush? No... anything.

Too easy.

She stayed in the cover of darkness, flipping between cars and columns as she looked over the space from multiple angles, her modified (silencer) .45 pointed in the direction she was looking. Too frickin quiet.

She began to approach the covered car, her hand on the canvas...

And she pulled...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Between Frank's prodigious turn around and X-23's furious assault the Thugs go down without uttering a single whimper.

Meanwhile...

Black Widow yanks the drape off revealing a stylish blue '57 Chevy, complete with wood paneling and white leather seats.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-20 at 03:30 PM.
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Felhammer, feel free to retcon ANY of this post. Just doing some assumptions so that I don't spam the scene with minute actions.

Natasha would've whistled if she didn't expect it to draw attention.

Instead, she got to work. Step one: Scan the car. Step two, get into the car without setting off any sort of alarm, step three, drive the car out.

As she took out a scanner out of her duffel bag, she switched on her commlink. "Laura? What's your situation?"

Natasha was concerned, first on whether her 'diversion' was holding up, but mostly for Laura. There was one fly in the ointment here: Castle's bloodlust. He could make things worse by being over aggressive, which was her plan in the beginning, but that bloodlust was contagious. She didn't want Laura to go through the same struggles Logan did. Frank would encourage that.

But for now it was out of her hands as she pushed some buttons on the device. When she saw the green light, she would begin to work on the car door with her portable car door jimmy.

She then began to work with a steady hand. Hoping to either hear a click (signifying a popped lock), or Laura telling her an all clear.