A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 171 of 171
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Laura checks her commlink, pulling it out of her ear. Oh, son of a...she set it to transmit only, instead of the alternative. Turning it on fully, and sticking it back in her ear, Laura's pretty surprised to suddenly hear Natasha on the line. "...you haven't heard...right. Everything's taken care of...where are you meeting us?" She looks around, at the carnage - flicking blood off her claws, before retracting them. Finding her jacket, she puts it on for now. Her outfit's barely-together, and at least she's got a bit of dignity returned.

    Alright. "Because I'm sure we're going to either get a second wave, or Fisk himself is coming down...either way, we're going to need your help in finding that car." Picking up one of the unconscious men, she frowns. Right size? Eh...it'd work. She starts stripping the man down, putting clothes over her shoulder. She'd need a new outfit to get out of here without inviting trouble. She also slings one of the semi-automatics over another shoulder, sticking a new clip in and putting extra clips in her pocket. Fitting her silencer to this barrel, instead.

    "Frank? We have to get moving."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-20 at 04:23 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The fight was over but Frank was not done. "No...not yet... Micro, make sure Fisk sees this." Fury's car was Fury's car but getting rid of all the trash Fisk sent his way reminded the Punisher about his true mission and he was going to see it through now that he has the chance. Whatever the capes want is not his concern.

    Moving over to the thugs who were not fully dead yet, Frank chose one and shot the others before he yelled "you better be watching this Fisk!" and he took out one of his knives. With the flickering car lights on him as if this was some poorly made thriller, each one of his motions were further dramatized as he did his bloody work while the poor thug screamed.

    When he was done he looked straight at one of the nearest cameras and asked "hope that didn't scare you Fisk, or are you going to have to send more distractions while you try to get your fat ass off the chair?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since X23 and Black Widow are taking their time with cars and unconscious men, I bet I can do this before the scene goes on too far and I miss my chance to do this to the Kingpin? :D

    Affiliation: Solo (1d10)[2]
    Distinction: Dead Inside (1d8)[7]
    War on Crime: Weapons (1d12)[5] (1d12)[9]
    SFX: Full Auto (stepping up)
    SFX: Take Your Shot (doubling for 1PP)
    Specialty: Menace Master (1d10)[6]
    Asset: Distraction (1d12)[1]
    Resource: Pet Nerd (1d8)[5]
    SFX: Welcome Back Frank (sending my d10 stress to the doom pool as a d12) - taking a page out of the Punisher video game where he recovers by torturing people since everyone enjoys it ;)

    20 total (spending 1PP), d12 emotional (if a complication is more fitting I'll make one called come get me fatboy instead), 1 opportunity

    Also is
    3 XP when you stick to your mission even when compromised by innocent bystanders or obstacles.
    available? (I'm assuming that having superheroes around who are more concerned with the car and being anti-punishing is considered an obstacle to Castle's mission :P)
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-20 at 06:00 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "Already found it, Your Highness. The car, I mean. Tell old man Frank to get his butt in gear, I'm attempting to get in the car now!"

    "Floor B7, space 704." Natasha smiled. "You're going to like it... looks beautiful..."

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "He's, ah...busy torturing someone right now. We can pick him up on the way out." Laura looks aside, and figures Frank's going to be a while with the executioning and taunting. Taking a jogging run down further, and hopping over one of the sides, she goes down the levels the old-fashioned way, in order to meet up with Natasha. "Don't think a car can compare to you, though." Grinning, she catches herself on another ledge, hopping down again. B7. Here we are...
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Natasha deftly slides into the smooth Corinthian leather seats. The chair molds to her subtle form like a skintight glove. She caresses the mahogany wheel like a temptress. Her hands slip over to a chain hanging from the rear-view mirror. Her fingers gentle run along the metallic beads down to an snow-white furry limb. She gently twirls the rabbits foot up, revealing a hidden prize. With a single fluid motion she yanks the foot off, tightly compresses its base and watches with joy as a metallic rod slowly juts out. Bringing her hand down to the ignition, she thrusts the key into its firm orifice, pushing past any and all resistance. Pivoting the key forward, the engine roars to life like an ferocious predator. Its beastly bellows echo throughout the whole garage.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-05-20 at 10:18 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Natasha would roll up next to Laura. "...care for a chariot ride, your Highness?"

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Laura, seeing the car coming, sticks her thumb out. And grins, opening the door. "Don't mind one bit." Setting the gun beside her, and closing the door, she pulls her jacket back off, and pushes the seat in front of her forward for some legroom, unfastening her boots. "Had some trouble with thugs up there...can't even keep an outfit intact with them." Setting to work while Widow drives, she changes out her clothes for the ones she procured. The shirt's...yeah, a bit big, like she thought. And the cargos are belted as tight as they'll go, on her smaller frame, before she puts her boots on.

    "...mmph. Kind of expected someone else to show up. Might need to get to Frank before he takes on the whole mob by himself."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-21 at 01:20 AM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Natasha swung the car up the ramp, speeding (as fast as she could, since the garage was cramped) towards Castle. "...sooo, what I miss? Enjoy your date with a man old enough to be your grandpa? All while leaving little ol' me back home to crunch numbers?"

    She glanced at Laura using the rear view mirror. "...you could cause an accident doing that."

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "Eh...well, he's too intense. And if you try to talk about his past, he's like a kicked puppy. Had a drink, though, and I think he used one of the bottles from the bar as a molotov cocktail." Putting her coat on over the ensemble, Laura frowns at the holes. "You could've come along, but we were good enough as a distraction, I think."

    Finishing getting the last few buttons, she grins sheepishly. "Not really going to change in front of Frank, though I doubt he'd care...and I'm not that distracting, am I?" She brushes some hair out of her face, sitting in the middle of the backseat to see the road. Checking again to make sure her stolen gun is in shape. "And we'll have to get the grates open - Fisk closed the outside access off. Could probably cut a nice hole..."
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    A familiar voice coms over your earpieces, his voice is haggard, "Who decided to piss Fisk off today? Zzzax, Chameleon, Hobgoblin, Electro and the fattest Venom I have ever seen, along with a small army of goons, just stormed the apartment. Caught us completely by surprise. Chameleon infiltrated by disguising himself like Frank. Tried my best to defeat them but there were too many! They kidnapped Emma and Luke. I'm headed away from the apartment and into hiding, going to go see an old friend of Laura's father. Maintain radio silence. Continue with the mission. Don't get caught people. Over."
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Oh hell. Laura silently smacks her head against the back of one of the seats repeatedly. "...I'm seriously starting to consider leaving Frank behind. Because you and I still seem to be unknowns, and he's becoming more and more of a liability. Sure hope Fury left some hints in this car..." Hang on a sec.

    ...right. "...here, let me handle driving. Need you to work on figuring out what this car can do. We're going to stick out like a sore thumb on the surface."
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Hearing the voice (which Frank assumed was the Captain) he responded "doing it right now. Fisk found out we were coming. We have a mole, probably one of both" referring to the captured heroes before tossing away his thug like a ragdoll and giving the camera one last look.

    It actually wasn't that big a problem since it only meant less heroes to stop him except Luke and Emma were the two most likely people to want revenge but the Chameleon actually had the stones to disguise himself as the Punisher? When Castle was through with him, those disguising skills will really be put to the test.

    But the Captain did say continue with the mission and since retrieving Fury's car failed miserably all that was left is to stop the supervillain gathering. While waiting for X-23 and Black Widow, Frank took the remains of the thugs' fuel packs and drones' miniature missiles to some of the support beams and larger vehicles found from the results of Micro's earlier search, adding a few remotely detonated mines into the mix.

    Fisk is going to regret declaring war because that was what Castle is retaliating to now. "Call the hotel and give whatever excuse to get them to clear out. Its going to blow" Frank told Micro before telling Fisk out loud if he was still watching "you're insured right?" The still flashing car alarms being the premonition to how the garage is going to burn while the tower crumbles over it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Affiliation: Solo (1d10)[10]
    Distinction: Dead inside (1d4)[3] +1PP
    War on Crime: Weapons Weapons (1d12)[5] (1d12)[9]
    SFX: Take your shot (stepping up for 1 PP)
    SFX: Full Auto (doubling)
    Specialty: Menace Master (1d10)[10]
    Asset: Distraction (1d12)[11]
    Resource: Urban Warfare (1d8)[5]

    29 total, d12 effect to blow up the hotel mwahahahaha!
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-21 at 11:58 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    They found the apartment!?

    As she and Laura grind their bodies past each other to switch seats (the sparing session return to mind. NOT NOW!), Natasha mind went into over drive. The Chameleon...

    But first thing first. Natasha began to feel out the car. Her fingers tracing the dash board, fingertips taking in the smooth leather, looking for hidden seams or buttons that would truly turn this car on. "Looks like we need to Risk Fury's base. It's that, or live off the streets of Madripoor, because the Hotels and Motels aren't safe now..."

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "And in the meantime, remember who's who." She gets into the driver's seat, and kicks it, coming around the next ramp. Seeing Castle. There! Laura drives up, and to the gate, jumping out. *snikt*

    "...Frank! You're in back. Grab as many weapons as you can." Looking at the metal gate in front of her, she starts working with her claws, wincing at the sound as metal tears through metal.

    Solo: (1d10)[5]
    High-Tech Security: (1d4)[1] +1pp
    SFX: Slice n' Dice
    Adamantium Claws: (1d10)[10](1d10)[7]
    Combat Master: (1d8)[8](1d8)[7]

    Total: 22, one opportunity
    Effect: d10
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-21 at 12:57 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    With patience and pluck, the Punisher perpetrates a proven plan. He produces a perilous projectile that plunges passionately into a properly placed pot of propellant. The popping peal of the profound percussion plunders the purported pith of the peninsula's polished prefab pinnacle. The once peerless promontory pauperized to a purposeless pile of pebbles.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Finally after so long they've come back with Fury's car. Castle really thought they already left him alone to fend against the Kingpin's horde. How unfortunate for him the heroes came back but that doesn't mean that all the lowlifes are getting out of this easy.

    Storming to the car he said "already got the most effective weapon prepared, lets just get the hell out of here" with the remote detonator in his hands. No prizes if the two actually made the right guess what is about to happen next.
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOL! I don't understand half the stuff there but it doesn't mean its not funny. I like that :P
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-22 at 01:37 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    Natasha plunges into the glove box and discovers what can only be called stereotypical spy gear - an exploding pen, a laser pen, a communicator watch, a cyanide filled molar, a Minox Camera, a ring camera, a finger print scanner and a Walther PPK 7.65mm. In the back seat, Frank discovers a self-destructing bag. Inside he spies a Dagger shoe, Garrote watch, ten Homing Pills, a Rocket Belt, a Cassette recorder hidden in book and a Mini-rocket Cigarette.

    Natasha then checks out the radio and quickly realizes it is just a facade, hiding a high tech control panel filled with archaic buttons, knobs and switches. Some of the highlights are a two-way television, oil slick spout, rear-facing flame thrower, two-forward facing AK-47's, four forward facing "Stinger" missiles and a detachable remote control. Additionally, the car comes with several "modes", including car, submarine, flight and "night time."
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The Punisher takes a look at some of the stuff near him and noted "Fury doesn't play around with his toys." While there was something that everyone can use among the lot, he took the cassette recorder and played it in case there was any clue on what Fury was working on in Madripoor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume we are driving into the sunset now?

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    The voice on the recorder is darker and far more ominous than Fury's. It is a voice all have heard before because it is the voice of a killer, it is the voice of Sabretooth, "Revenge is a dish best served cold, Fury! You've lost it pal. You thought your pitiful Avengers could stop ME!? GOOD BYE OLD FRIEND! While you're out looking for your car, your little girly here and I are going to get to know each other..." Muffled screams can be heard in the background as Creed laughs maniacally.

    "Let my little gift be a monument to your foolishness! Here lies Fury's love - alone, battered, ravished and dismembered! I'll leave the maggot-riddled corpse of Mei Feng at your secret little base. Buhahaha!"

    The recording ends there...
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "..." Laura finally makes it out of the garage, listening to the tape. Creed. The past, again, comes back to her - inherited. Whoever Mei-Feng is, or was...well, she's not anymore. She rounds the corner, driving along. "...so Creed could get to it as well." Knowing the animal, he likely sniffed out Fury's trail, much as she or Logan could, and would, do. But the trail is icy, and cold.

    "We do know that there's a hope of finding it, though. And that Fury never came back for his car."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-05-23 at 02:41 AM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: IC: Avengers: HEROIC

    "Hmmph" the Punisher grunted as he looks at the ruined hotel they just leave. That was easy enough and "Creed isn't any different. We'll just take him down like the animal he is." Castle will enjoy it a lot after hearing the recording with the troubling background noise and what they should soon expect in Fury's base.

    Besides, it might be good to have Fury in his debt. "Natascha, find out what that television does or that scanner. If we're lucky this can take us all the way to our destination" Frank said before going on to think up what he was about to do with the Sabertooth problem.

    As he has worked with Fury a few times before, Frank offered to help a little calling on his geek if he "got any idea how to use these things?" since Frank never had any proper training in it. Why else would he keep someone easily mistaken as a sidekick around?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyway, Punisher spending 1 PP to continue his Pet Nerd d8 resource from the previous scene.

    Affiliation: Team (1d6)[1]
    distinction: Former Marine (1d4)[3] + 1PP
    Specialty: Covert Master (1d10)[4]
    Resource: Pet Nerd (1d8)[4]

    7 total with a d10 effect (that sucks) and one opportunity. This will be an asset for BW to use if she is still around otherwise just take it as the Punisher's roll at 8 total and a d4 effect.
    Last edited by omnitricks; 2013-05-30 at 12:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •