1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Fallout: Great Plains IC

"Ooh...she's my little runaway...
    From a Jon Bon Jovi song
    VAULT MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Vault 66 maps. It should take you to a whole album. If anybody has problems viewing it, let me know. Also, you will probably be able to tell when my hand began cramping, and I stopped putting in details in each room. When you see that, there should be a detailed picture of a sample of that room. Also, as you are ALL on the north side residential, that's all I made. Know that the south side is 99.9% a mirrored copy of the north side.

Vault Area Descriptions
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Entrance
    This area is hewn stone, out of the granite at approximately 3000 feet below the surface. An exit to the northeast leads to a corrugated steel spiral staircase that leads to a hidden hatch in the surface. In the southeast corner is the external Vault 66 door control. To the south is the main Vault 66 door, shaped like a giant cog. The door opens into the vault, sliding to the east. The door is 10 feet in diameter, and made of a strong steel composite. The ceiling in the area is 15 feet high. Use of the door requires a current password. Without the password, due to strong firewalls hardwired into this terminal, it can only be hacked from inside the vault.
    Vault Door Hardness 15; 1080 hp

2. Vault Door Control Room
    This is the primary vault door control room. All vault entrants came through here, being issued their standard Vault 66 jumpsuits (see Area 3 to the east), then documented by technicians in the Data Processing Station/Registration Room (see area 5), and finally given a quick medical examination in the (former) clinic room (area 4). Entrants then proceeded down the stairs (to the south), further into the vault where they were directed to their room assignments. The door to the southeast is a restricted area, leading to the reactor and the water processing sectors.

3. Locker Room
    Benches and lockers are here. Entrants were issued their initial three jumpsuits here, changing into one of them. There are upwards of 100 spare jumpsuits (about 40 of them child or infant sized) leftover from the initial entry that were never retrieved.

4. Old Clinic
    As stated in area 2, this is the old clinic. After the vault door was closed, it was determined that its location was rather inconvenient, and relocated to a former store room that is connected to the Atrium.

5. Data Processing Station/Registration Room
    This is where the Vault-Tec employees first began verifying the identity of each entrant, creating a personnel file on each resident, and electronically assigning each resident to their quarters.

6. The Atrium Bottom Level
    This is the central hub for the residents of Vault 66. This area is where the Diner, Armory, Clinic, Classroom/Entertainment Room is, as well as stairs leading to the up to the Upper level of the Atrium, and stairs leading to the North and South Residential Areas.

7. Clinic
    The Good Doctor can be found here 90% of the time, as this area is also his secondary room. At any given time, the Good Doctor can accommodate up to five patients for long-term care. During a crisis, the bottom floor of the Atrium is used as a medical ward. In addition, the room contains a medicine cabinet (containing 4 Stimpaks, 2 Med-X, 2 Rad-X, and 1 RadAway), as well as a full surgery kit, a medical kit (if he has to make a “house call”), and 6 First Aid kits. He also has a cubicle in the Science Lab (upper level of the Atrium, area 12), with a pharmaceutical kit, allowing him to make more chems and medication as needed.

mr1135
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is a floor safe under the Doctor’s bed, containing an extensive amount of medication (including chems, and the detox known as Fixer for patients who become addicted to such items). The safe requires a key, for which only Doctor Mehta has a copy. It can be picked or (using the computer terminal at his desk) hacked into. It contains the following: 10 Stimpaks, 6 Med-X, 6 Rad-X, 2 Mentats, 3 RadAway, and 2 Buffout. These supplies are restocked as needed from the Vault 66 Main Store Room.

8. Armory
    This is the Vault 66 Armory. Only members of the security team, the Chief of Security (Salley Smith), and the Overseer have keys to it.

VonLowe
    Spoiler
    Show
    The armory contains: Glock 20’s (x10, each including one empty magazine), Police Baton (x5), Flashbang Grenades (x10), Vault 66 Security Armor (x5), 10mm Ammo (600 rounds), spare magazines (x30)

You, being a member of the Security team, have a key to the armory, as well as a police baton (treat as Metal Baton from d20 Modern sourcebook) and a set of Vault 66 Security Armor.

NEW ITEM
    Vault 66 Security Armor
    This is essentially a light duty vest incorporated into a Vault 66 jumpsuit, and comes equipped with a riot helmet (with full transparent face protection.
    Type: Medium Tactical Equip Bonus: +5 NonProf Bonus: +2 Max Dex Bous: +3 Armor Penalty: -4 Speed (30ft): 25 ft. Weight: 10 lbs TU: 14

9. Vault 66 Diner
    Run by a modified r. Gutsy (who calls ‘himself’ Randy), Vault 66 residents can get a bite to eat, a cold beverage, or just hang out. It can also be reserved for private parties (like birthdays, special anniversary dates, baby showers, etc…)
    NEW ITEM
    NukaCola
    This tasty beverage is different than other “lesser” carbonated refreshments. It’s so absolutely refreshing (partially attributed to some of the same ingredients of a Stimpak, and some people say, Jet), consuming one heals 1d4 damage, and gives the character a 5 foot increase in base speed for an hour. Also, after drinking, the bottle cap can be pocketed as spare change! Weight: 1 lb, TU: 2

10. Classroom/Entertainment Room
    This is where classes are held for the Vault 66 youth, and used as a movie room or Bingo hall when classes are out.

11. Atrium Upper Level
    The floor of this area is 10 feet above the floor of the bottom level below. A low handrail keeps residents from mistakenly falling over the edge. The Overseer’s office has a clear view of the Atrium, via the bubble window on the west wall and is only accessible via the computer room. It allows access to the computer room, a storeroom, the Science Lab, the Security Office, and the Advisors’ quarters.

12. Science Lab
    This is where most of the scientific research goes on in Vault 66. It is dedicated to genetically altering crop seeds to grow faster, better, etc…It is also where the Good Doctor manufactures medication (cubicle in the NW corner).

13. Vault 66 Security Room
    This is the Security Room. There are two cells, containing only a toilet. Salley Smith and his security team have keys to these cells. The two duty desks are manned 24 hours a day. The lockers in the southeast corner are where the security team stows their security armor and batons when not on duty.

14. Empty Quarters
    This was Jeannie’s room until she and Jackson got married. They moved in together in Jackson’s room. As of now, it remains empty.

15. Mr. and Mrs. Brubaker’s Quarters
    Dr. Brubaker and his wife live here.

16. Store Room

17. Mr. William Roberts’s Room

18. Dr. Mehta’s Room

19. Store Room

20. Computer Room/Library
    This is the computer room. It is also where people electronically access the library files from.

21. The Overseer’s Room

22. Enoch’s Lord’s Room
    These are the private quarters of the 17-year old Enoch Lord resides. The Overseer wants him close to groom him for the job.

23. Overseer’s Office

24. Salley Smith’s Room

25. Reactor Room
    This is the domain of Aria Jeffries, and the other Reactor technicians that keep them in good repair.

26. Water Purification (top level)
    This is where the water purification process is completed and all of the clean water is checked and monitored. A central pipe leaves the open water tank to disburse amongst the rest of the vault.

27. Water Purification (bottom level)
    This is where the controls for the water tank and purification process resides (as well as the water purification chip!). The water is roughly 500 feet deep.

28. Store room
    This is where the electrical and mechanical parts are stored to keep the reactor and water purifier in working order.

29. Main Stairwell
    This set of stairs connects every level of the north (or south respectively) residential areas (and their horticultural and sports levels) connected to the Atrium.

30a – 30qq. Residential Rooms
    These are typical rooms for each resident. The outer room is a living area with a couch, a dresser (marked D), and bookshelves (marked B). Has a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and shower (marked Sh). The outer room connects to the inner bedroom, with a bed and a dresser. Rooms 30nn – 30qq are dormitory-type rooms, with the bedrooms being larger than the living area. They have “Jack and Jill” style bathrooms they share with the dormitory next door. The bedrooms contain 2 bunk beds and a locker for each occupant.

31a -31b. Store Rooms
    These rooms are storage areas for any and all extra supplies the vault needs to store, ranging from extra Jumpsuits to food, to mechanical or electrical parts.

32. Maintenance Closet
    This closet is where the mechanics go for parts to do any repairs around this level of the vault. Contains only mechanical and electrical parts and 4 toolkits of each kind.

33. Vault Baseball Field
    Everybody wondered where they played, this is it. The lockers in the northeast corner have all of the gear, to include bats, helmets, baseballs, etc…

34. Running track and Workout Machines
    Just a track and some basic weight machines for staying in shape.

35. Horticulture Fields
    Due to work in the Science Lab, crops are safely grown in here year round, having a new harvest every 3 months. Crops include corn, wheat, and soy. Lockers in the southwest corner hold all of the tools and implements for farming.

36a-c. Grain Storage
    This is where all of the harvested grain is stored.

It's been a typical day for all of you. As usual, you are all meeting in the diner for a bite before Aria goes to work, and after you all got off shift. Elias, tells everybody about a new flu vaccine he and the Good Doctor have ready, Higgy about how the "Northside Sluggers" are going to win the Vault championships this year, Deke talks about how "the Hardcase" (i.e. Salley Smith) is thinking of putting him on nightshift, and Aria sits quietly, tinkering with some new gadget she's been working on. The NukaCola is cold, the company is good, and it's just another day at Vault 66. Even better, Randy is out to a store room to get more NukaColas and beer, and you have the place to yourselves!

Suddenly, the door swings open hard, and in strides Enoch Lord, the Overseer's son. He looks worried. What worries you all is that he quickly shuts the door behind himself, and then shuts the steel blinds to the outside window.

Enoch is a gangly youth, blonde hair and blue eyes. Due to his father's position, not many people are willing to befriend him, but you all have accepted him as much as possible, inviting him to your daily gatherings, though he only shows once in a while, maybe a few times a month.

Guys, I don't know where else to turn! You have to help me. I think that Mr. Roberts is sabotaging the Vault's chances at trying to check out the outside. I don't have proof, but you have to help me!

You all know that Enoch is not a practical joker, and that he's absolutely serious.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2013-05-03 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Fixing area description for mr1135
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

2. - Top - End - #2

Goblin

Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

”Higgy”

Enoch, you have got to slow down even for me you're going a little too fast. Start at the beginning what's Mr. Roberts doing? And what do you mean going outside??

Higgy then pauses and looks at Enoch.

He's obviously worried... I wonder if this has anything to do with my father??

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Aria

Aria is sitting at her usual table, her newest gadget, a sonic Radroach repellerizer sitting in front of her. She can't quite get it to work right.

Well it repels radroaches, but it also repels anyone in fifty feet. She doesn't look up as Enoch enters, but when he starts talking about Outside, she puts her tools down and looks up.

"What do you mean sabotage? He leads the Preparedness Departmet right? Isn't it his job to make sure we can go outside?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #4

”Elias”

Elias stands up and quickly ushers him into the group's booth. "Quiet down a little in case Randy comes back," he whispers while scanning the nearby booths to make sure that they were indeed empty before sitting back down.

Though Elias knows that Enoch is not often prone to jests, his sudden accusation against the Chief of Preparedness was a difficult claim. If anything, Mr. Roberts had always shown nothing but the utmost passion for their eventual excursion to the Outside.

Why would the director be sabotaging his own project?
    Last edited by mr1135; 2013-05-03 at 02:00 PM.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Deke makes sure there is no security alert on his PIpBoy. Then watches Ecoch warily while his friends barrage him with questions.

Just the mention of leaving the vault made Deke's heart jump into his throat with excitement.
    Last edited by VonLowe; 2013-05-03 at 04:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bonaynay can get caught up reading through everything. It's going to take some time, I'm sure, but I want to get this going, so he can jump in once he gets caught up.

Deke
    Spoiler
    Show
    No security alerts.

Well, you remember that whole big thing when everybody got all in an uproar about wanting to open the vault door and see how things are outside? Well, that's why my father hired on Mr. Roberts, to prepare for us opening the door. He wanted to make sure we had enough food to last if something went wrong when we opened the door.

Enoch sits down with you all.

Well, I'd been keeping up with the preparations for the last five years. I've been looking at his log entries about the grain production, and they are updated weekly, but are only growing by microscopic amounts. I convinced my father that I needed to start taking on more responsibility and told him I wanted to oversee extra food production, getting myself assigned to Horticulture. I measured the amount of grain physically in the storage bins, watching how much is taken every day to supplement our food, and how much is being produced. What I found was that some time between when I went home and when I came back in, the amount of grain decreased. One of my guys told me that after I left, he saw Roberts heading up from Horticulture. I haven't been able to catch him but I know he's involved. I can't do any more, I'm being watched by Salley, probably on my father's orders. I either need somebody to help me catch Roberts or help me get Salley off my back. Something fishy is going on, and I know it.

He looks over at Higgy.

I didn't hear the entire conversation, Higgy, but I overheard Roberts and Salley talking to my father, who mentioned something about your father. I don't know how it all ties together, but it does. I just need your help!
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2013-05-04 at 04:06 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

7. - Top - End - #7

Goblin

Higgy

Nervously in a hushed tone "They were talking about my dad... Was it before... Before he was murdered?"

Higgy is beginning to shake slightly. Keeping all of his emotions about his father pent up has really put him on edge lately and you're beginning to see the cracks.

The overseer didn't want to look into what happened to my father.. If they were talking about him before he died.. But the overseer why? He's supposed to protect us, to lead us.
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-05-03 at 06:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

"Elias"

Looking periodically to Higgy during the exchange and noting the rising tension, Elias analyses the new information.

There has been a slight change in the Good Doctor's behaviour over the past several months as well now that he thinks about it. It's as if he's been more on edge and cautious. What if he's been suspecting of something like this happening behind everyone's back? That could certainly explain the change in behaviour. He's part of the Overseer's inner circle of advisors after all...

"What about your father Enoch? If you came straight to us instead of him...you think he's in on this don't you?" asks Elias bluntly while looking straight into Enoch's eyes.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

9. - Top - End - #9

No, sorry, Higgy. I heard it yesterday. Elias, I know he is. The problem is that for most of what I know, I have only circumstantial evidence, if any evidence at all. Even more so, I think some of the cabinet is involved.

Enoch was already whispering, but he lowers his head even more.

I got hurt one day playing in the Vault Door Control Room a few years ago. I used to sneak in there to play around. One of the women who brings lunch to the Reactor and Water Purification workers found me on her way back. She promised not to tell my father, and took me to the Good Doctor, telling me that he'd also cover for me. I was hurt pretty bad. Higgy, remember when I couldn't play all season one year due to knee surgery? Yeah, that was it. Anyways, I had to keep going in to see Dr. Mehta for physical therapy. I asked him why neither he nor the woman squealed on me to my father. They said that they were hoping I would help them. When I asked with what, he changed the subject. Then Dr. Mehta, as time went on, kept telling me of the growing movement in the vault to open the doors to just check on what outside was like. I told him my father wasn't all that happy about it. At this point, I'd come to know Dr. Mehta pretty well, and I think that's when he put his trust in me. He told me that he and several other people were beginning to suspect that every Overseer is in on some cosmically strange plan to keep the vault door locked indefinitely, and that this growing movement was to test that theory. As we all know, the vault doors are still not open, but my father did appoint somebody to begin working on it. The Movement, as they call themselves, have kept their identities secret for fear of retribution, to prevent something like what happened to your dad, Higgy. Higgy, your dad was one of them, and the woman who helped me was your mother. The only other person I know of in The Movement is Dr. Mehta, but I know there has to be a couple more. I'm kind of like their...spy. My father trusts me, so I have to keep it that way, so as to avoid implicating the others. You all, though, aren't even under suspicion as far as I know.

Enoch takes a breath, seeming to know that this is a lot to take in.

Look, I know this is hard to take, but you have to believe me. Now, I have a theory, but it's all conjecture at this point: my father has instructions, for whatever the reason, to never open the vault. Salley and Mr. Roberts is in on it. I think your dad, Higgy, found out something he shouldn't have or was found to be partly behind the unrest, and was killed for it. I think Mr. Roberts is throwing the extra grain into the incinerators, and if he's found out, my father will disavow him, and have him killed. Dr. Mehta told me to talk to you guys, saying that I could trust all of you, but especially Elias, saying that he trusts his [Elias's] judgment.

Enoch realizes how long the shutters have been down, and moves over to open them. He puts on a smile and sits with you all.

So, can you help me?
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2013-05-04 at 05:47 AM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

10. - Top - End - #10

Goblin

Higgy

In a hushed voice looking down at the table hands slowly closing into fists. "They killed my father?? The overseer.. Mr. Roberts.. I've known these people my entire life and they just killed him.. Over what? Some grain, some door, some secret mission." He pauses, looks up at Enoch "You say my mother helped you? That she knows too? Enoch I swear on my father I will do whatever I can to help you but... If you know who it was specifically who killed my dad... I have to know"

Higgy is no longer shaking except for his fists. He has a fierce determination in his eyes that's impossible to deny.

I have to get to my mother, I have to talk to her and then... Then I need to make a stop at the baseball field.
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-05-04 at 06:45 AM. Reason: SYNTAX

11. - Top - End - #11

That's the entire problem. I don't know anything for sure. It's just my theory. I'm too close to this to do anything about it.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

12. - Top - End - #12

"Elias"

"The Doc...heh well that explains a lot then," Elias smiles somewhat knowingly while murmuring under his breath as he reflects on what Enoch has said. "I see why I've yet to be able to beat you in chess Doc."

Elias thinks on the situation for a moment longer before taking a deep sigh. "Salley has always had it out for me since the training fiasco a few years back. If you want him distracted by someone, I'm your man. Doc had always told me to stay out of his way since the tribunal...I think I can see why now. In any case, when's your next scheduled check Enoch? Do you have any ideas as to when and how often Roberts heads down to Horticulture?"

Looking across the table at Higgy, "Higgy, I know you want to find out what happened to your father, but we've got to do this smartly. Whomever's involved clearly has no qualms in silencing their opposition... permanently. If there is a ring of people working against the Overseer then I think we should see what they know first."

Not to mention that it's about time the Doc and I had a chat.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

13. - Top - End - #13

Goblin

Higgy

"If they want to silence me, they're going to have to catch me first and I'm the fastest man in the vault. So we know the doctor and my mother are in on this. If anyone knows what the opposition knows it might be them and they'd be willing to talk to us about it. Should we each go try an find out some stuff and meet back up?"

He pauses and looks at the group. "Are we all in this? We've been taught since very early in school that we obey the overseer. We also all know now what they are capable of doing. What we're doing now is tantamount to treason so, are we a team? Are we in this together? Because I mean to see it to whatever ends may be to find out what happened to my dad. I'll go alone if I have to."

You've seen Higgy like this before, usually before a game or a race. His body is aching to move, his muscles are tense and he's ready to strike.

I promise you dad, I won't let you down..
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-05-04 at 11:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Really? You're really going to take on the Overseer? I can probably whip up a few things for you, listening devices, maybe a camera or something. I might even be able to reprogram the Mister Handy to record for us. But, I mean, I may hate him for making me eat Salisbury Steak for a month, but this is serious. Like, body disposal serious."
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2013-05-04 at 11:50 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

Nick Pull's up the patrol schedules on his pipboy And sends a query.
    "Maybe I can switch shifts with whoever has the Horticulture level then. No one like working down there is boring as hell. I think I also have a few hours of weapon maintenance this month which will give me unsupervised access to the Armory. I could remove the firing pins from any weapon I wanted. I might be able to sneak some out of the reserve locker as well."

16. - Top - End - #16

Goblin

HIGGY

"This month?? I was thinking we need to get on this tonight. If they've already killed my father over this then who knows maybe they already know who's involved up to this point. If we show that we're involved over time too, they could deal with us all. We have the element of surprise on our hands right now. They, for various reasons, don't like some of us but they don't suspect us."

Higgy pauses catches his breath and looks over to Aria, "Could you shut down the surveillance system for a half hour or so? If you can here what I'm thinking, remember a few years back when old Mrs. Johannsen caught that virus went crazy and attacked everyone. It was a panic and everyone was moved into atrium and the doors were blocked until she could be put down. If we can knock out the surveillance tell the guards something like that is happening again and get access to a few places and people during the commotion, we could make a move tonight. Find out the truth about everything."

You're not terribly surprise by this reaction from Higgy. Speed has always been his greatest weapon and he's always been a loose canon who acts before he thinks.

I can do this.. They killed my father over nothing.. And if it's not nothing I want to know what it is about.
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-05-04 at 04:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

PaladinGuy

Deke shakes his head, "No Higgy what I mean is my job requires I do 10 hours of equipment maintenance every month. And this month I have 3 hour left of unsupervised access. And we gotta have a plan before we run off half cocked"

18. - Top - End - #18

"Elias"

"Get a hold of yourself Carmichael!" Elias says forcefully, using Higgy's full name to get his attention. "If you want us to succeed in this, then we've got to plan things through. We're talking about going against the Overseer and atleast the Chief of Security here! This is not going to be a walk in the park. They've been planning and executing their plan for years. Our best chances come from getting in contact with your mother and the Good Doctor to see what they know first. Maybe even gaining their support. Rushing in head first isn't going to help anyone."

Elias takes a deep breath and closes his eyes for a second, relaxing himself before continuing. "Look. I know how personally you're taking all this, and I would be the same if I were in your shoes. All of us are on your side, but you've got to take a step back and see the bigger picture Higgy. We can't go into this blindly," Elias says this as he looks to the others for support.
    Last edited by mr1135; 2013-05-04 at 05:16 PM.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

19. - Top - End - #19

Well, I can arrange a meeting, if you all want. We'll get up early tomorrow, and all meet up in the Reactor room. Aria is the only one down there on nights. I'd recommend not speaking of this outside of there, or here. I was assured that these were the only safe places to talk. We do need to move fast, but I agree with Elias in that we have to be careful. With that, I have to go. My father is expecting me.

He gets up and heads out as Randy floats in, offering a free round of NukaColas for being so patient.

Deke sees his schedule change request denied, which is odd.

Aria, you have 75 electronic and 75 mechanical parts on hand to make anything you'd like. Keep in mind, with this number of parts, your check bonus will decline after each creation (expending parts), but you shouldn't have to worry about parts checks until you have less than 49 of the type of parts you are using (see page 30 d20 Apocalypse, and pg 55 in the d20 Modern books for more info).

What do you do?

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm seeing several plans, or ideas for plans. Remember, you don't have to stay together, and in some cases, can't (Aria needing to go to work soon). Also, Von, fix your green. I tried to edit your post before I realized it wasn't mine.
    Last edited by DungeonMaster77; 2013-05-07 at 03:22 PM.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

20. - Top - End - #20

Goblin

Higgy

"Tomorrow morning it is, I'm going to talk to my mom tonight tho but I may take a half hour of batting practice first." He quickly stands and looks at the rest, "I'm not going to do anything rash but I have to do something.. I've never been good at sitting still. Til tomorrow morning."

Higgy turns towards the exit taking his free Nuka Cola on his way out. After that he heads towards the field.

Gah.. I just can't sit stil, if they come up with something they can tell me tomorrow.

21. - Top - End - #21

Everyone that takes a NukaCola gets to keep the bottlecap. FYI.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

22. - Top - End - #22

Anxiously you all wait for early morning. Aria's night goes particularly slowly, even with all the time to make some modifications to her Radroach-B-Gone device. As 4 am comes creeping in, each of you steals out of your room and heads for the Reactor Room.

Aria is chatting quietly with Higgy's mother, Marianne, while Dr. Mehta has a serious and grave look in his wizened face. His age, for the first time any of you have noticed, seems to be taking its toll on him.

Dr. Mehta sees everyone that has arrived, and addresses some looks.

In order for Enoch to be helpful, he cannot arouse suspicion. Also, he must walk past the Overseer's quarters and office to get here. It was too risky. Besides, he is fully aware of what we are going to discuss today. I'm expecting one or two others, but they may not be able to come. Either way, we shall continue.

He clears his throat.

Many years ago, your father Oliver

Dr. Mehta nods to Higgy,

and some close friends were discussing life in the vault. Talk eventually ran to games they played as children, in which they dreamed of one day leaving the vault and exploring the world above. I was constantly treating Oliver for injuries from playing baseball back then, so when he next had to come to see me, he told me of his discussion with the others, and that they all agreed that the Overseer should be petitioned to open the vault just to see what the outside world was like. Needless to say, it took a few weeks to win me over, but eventually I saw he was right. He began sowing the seeds of the idea throughout the vault. Everyone seemed to agree: the vault doors needed to be opened to see the conditions outside. As a member of his advisory council, I went to the Overseer to present the idea. His face flushed with anger, and quickly shot it down, telling me that it was unthinkable, and would risk the safety of the entire vault populace. I countered with the idea that surely, after 200 years, things must be at least somewhat safe. He told me that the topic was not up for debate. I told Ollie (that's what your father went by), and he was incensed. He couldn't believe that the Overseer was being so obtuse about it. I repeated to him what we've all memorized our whole lives: it is the vault where we were born; it is the vault where we live; it is the vault where we will die. He just shook his head, and said that he could no longer accept that idea. Soon, in a matter of days, the entire vault was in an uproar. Workers refused to lift a finger to do anything unless the Overseer reconsidered. Ollie was very careful to avoid being singled out as the man behind this. The Overseer fired the old Chief of Security and hired one of his lackeys: Salley Smith. He was very brutal back then. He had upwards of 10 people in each cell of his at any given time, denying them food or water for a day or two at a time. My...my...Penny...she...

Dr. Mehta begins to choke up and a single tear rolls down his cheek, unable to continue for the moment. Marianna picks up where he left off.

This made things worse. The residents were ready to storm the Security office, arm themselves, and then storm the Overseer's office. The Overseer called for parley. He placated the general public with appointing Mr. Roberts to his post, and promising that he'd open the vault doors only when they could be sure to have supplies enough to survive above. This settled things, and Salley was allowed to remain in his position. Ollie and I had Higgy a couple years later.

Dr. Mehta continued.

Those of us involved went into "hiding" of sorts. We began grooming the next generation for when we could expose the Overseer for what we believed was the time where his lies and the lies of his lackeys would be exposed, and we could depose him. Years passed. We all watched you grow and mature, hoping that it would be you. We would be here to guide you and help you. Years passed and we feared that the Overseer would never be exposed, though we kept looking. Then I was fortunate enough to get to speak to Enoch, and our hopes were rekindled.

A few weeks ago, Ollie came to me telling me that he thinks he was found out. I asked him how, and he told me that he would tell me later. He was found dead the next day. That's where we are today. Enoch's already told me what he told you yesterday. If we can somehow catch Mr. Roberts in the act, as well as neutralize Salley (no, I don't mean kill him. I am a doctor, after all) as a threat, and implicate the Overseer in Mr. Roberts' actions, as well as find proof that he ordered Salley to kill Ollie, then we can remove him from power. I have a few bits of information and advice to help you. First, someone needs to find a way to catch Roberts throwing grain into the incinerator. Next, we need to get access to Salley's computer, and find proof that he was ordered to eliminate Ollie. Next, you can use Enoch as a resource, but you only get one shot with this, and it's going to expose him after he's helped you, so it needs to be the final blow against the Overseer. He could probably get you into the Overseer's office or quarters, distracting him some how. Also, I found something...unusual in Salley's medical exam, and it indicates something...very specific. I have that chart here with me for anyone who wants to read it, but it must be kept safe until it can be given back to me.

He sets the file down on the desk.

One last thing. Enoch has the door codes. If something goes remarkably bad for any reason, you are going to have to leave the vault. If you stay without having exposed the Overseer or his people, they will wither kill you or have you killed. Good luck, kids.

So, what do you all do?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

23. - Top - End - #23

Goblin

Higgy

Higgy looks directly into his mother's eyes. Salley killed him? Do you know for sure? If he did.. I will let nothing stand in my way.

He turns to the doctor You're a doctor sure but my father was like a brother to you. Can you really sit there and tell me someone doesn't deserve to die for all of this? If this is all true, if this really is what happened and the overseer was behind it all. Well I can't promise you someone else isn't going to die. If they're willing to kill over this then maybe we should be too.

He pauses, takes a breath and then looks back to the group. I'm terrible with computers but I'm fantastic at sneaking. None of you probably know this but a few years back when all the toilet overran on the 4th level. he chuckles a bit That was me, Aria if you can get me something to hack the computer or maybe I can be the lookout and help you get in but either way I want Salley's office. I want to know who ordered and who killed my father.

He stands up tall and looks at his mother and smiles.

They will pay
    Last edited by Blade Conduit; 2013-05-05 at 08:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Well, young man, be that as it may, if you go after them like they did your father, then you aren't any better than they. We have to go about this the right way or we'll all end up dead. Just be careful.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL

25. - Top - End - #25

PaladinGuy

Deke clears his throat..stunned by the whole thing; "I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but what if we sabotaged the incinerator. 1 we would catch him on video trying to fry the harvest and 2 we would have the excess needed to leave the vault."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"I might be able to rig a camera up near the incinerator, but it would be tricky to get it installed without being noticed. I don't think this is something that can be done overnight though."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

27. - Top - End - #27

"Elias"

Standing close to the Good Doctor as he told his story, Elias subconsciously reaches up with his hand to adjust his glasses. He had never seen the Good Doctor in such a state before, and it pained Elias to see how difficult it was for him to recall these past events.

How could they have not told us of these things in class? They teach us the history of the Outside as we grow up, but no one ever speaks of the history of the Vault. Is this the Overseer's doing as well?

As the Good Doctor struggles, remembering his beloved, Elias lays a hand on the man's shoulder and gives him a soft squeeze of reassurance.

"Doc...you should've told me sooner." Elias whispers under his breath, looking at Dr. Mehta worryingly.

Once the story was finished and everyone seems to now be set in their path to reveal the Overseer's betrayal to the vault citizens, Elias gets a hold of himself and begins thinking of how he can contribute.

"Deke, there's only other night shift officer right? I mean there aren't that many of you guys on Salley's team after all." Elias asks softly as his thoughts slowly gathered. A smile breaks on his face as the idea solidifies. "The Doc and I can probably work up a sedative that would dissolve in liquid. Get some coffee from Randy at the start of your shift, and we can slip it into their cup. Once they start nodding off, it'll give the others their chance to get into Salley's terminal."
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

Spoiler
    Show
    IC
    OOC

28. - Top - End - #28

PaladinGuy

Deke smiles; "Or you could plant it while Im on duty from 1200 till 2000. The Hort crew shut up shop at 1730 for dinner".

29. - Top - End - #29

Goblin

Higgy

Ok so we move on a couple of different fronts all at once. One group installing a camera by the incinerator, another moving on Salley's office while the guards are occupied. Maybe we could still have a diversion of some kind to keep any open eyes and ears pointed somewhere else. I could always cherry bomb the toilets again.

Higgy is smiling, he's always been better at doing than waiting and now it feels like he's accomplishing something. Fightin the same fight his father had before him. It's a great feeling.

The overseer has rules about equipment being taken off houra and off the grounds but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I had a bat with when all of this went down.

Higgy's muscles are tensing again and he's got that look in his eyes once more. The race is on and he plans on finishing first.

30. - Top - End - #30

VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, it looks like the group will work two angels at once. Once she tells me what her character is making, Lentrax it seems will head up the surveillance rig. It also looks like Deke and Elias have a great plan to put the guards out so someone can hack into Salley's work computer. That leaves Higgy. What's he going to be up to? Also, due to her job, she can get up to 10 mechanical and 10 electrical parts a day without rousing any suspicion. This doesn't count the number of parts I've already told her she has on hand at the workbench in the reactor (50 of each, I believe). Also, due to the large layout of the vault, as well as the fact that there are entire levels of the residential areas that aren't used (remember, there's around 650 people in the vault with 760 rooms between the two residential sections (north and south). In fact, on the North side, nobody at all lives on the 6th floor, and as they are members of security, have a master key to all non-leadership residential rooms, allowing access. If you don't want to use those, then someone can program a new key in the Data Processing/Registration Room (Area 5 on your map). It's a DC 5 computer use check once you get access to that system, which requires a DC 10 computer use check (it's not tied to anything specific other than making new room assignments, and so nobody thought to secure it better). Either way, again, I'm seeing ideas thrown around, and little action.

Higgy

Spoiler
    Show
    Your mother suggests that while everyone is busy laying the groundwork, that you start helping prepare for the worst case scenario, and get some equipment bags in the sports area loaded with gear to create a bug out bag for you and each of your companions.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

WEREWOLF CENTRAL