Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 197
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 19/20

    "When you get there, Sandy, find John Heathersby. Tell him you met Markis and the others, and to have Doc take a look at your friends - I'll cover his costs. Just mind yourselves - they don't have much of a sense of humor with newcomers 'till they get to know you."

    *Pausing for a moment, he looks at the man with the SMG, and waves him over.*
    "Tell you what, friend. I'll trade you that piece for this pistol - they're more likely to let you hang onto it in Ark River, and I'm betting you're more likely to hit what you're aiming at with this, should the situation arise."

    *Once the man decides whether he'll trade or not, Markis waves the group on their way and looks around at his new friends.*
    "Well, that was exciting, and educational to boot, don't you think?"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Listen Check -
    (1d20+10)[22]
    +3 abil, +5 ranks, +2 Misc
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    "Elias"

    Elias looks cautiously towards the raiders and waves a few over. Holstering his gun, he motions for the raiders to lower their weapons as he does a cursory look over their physical conditions.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Earth and Life Sciences: Take 10: 10+12 = 22
    If Cannot Take 10: (1d20+12)[19]

    If anyone needs immediate medical attention, Elias will try to patch them up so that they will be able to make it to Ark River without too much trouble.
    Treat Injury Check: Take 10: 10+16 = 26
    If Cannot Take 10: (1d20+16)[31]

    Elias is baffled by how Markis was able to bluff them into submission while preparing to deliver violence as a Plan B one second, and switching to giving them supplies and directions the next.

    Until we know more about our friend here and have a better bearing on how the people operate on the surface...we better take things nice and slow like.
    Last edited by mr1135; 2013-05-20 at 11:42 PM.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Iowa.. Yup it's real.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Higgy

    Higgy's heart is racing as he watches the situation unfold and then slowly it all sort of de-escalates into a much easier to process scenario. He turns to Markis and smiles wide.

    "Well now, it might just be me but that seems like something to be hopeful about."

    He then pauses and surveys the landscape once more.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen Check (1d20+1)[15] +1 Wis

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 19/20

    *Turning to Higgy, he chuckles, checking the chamber of his rifle to make sure it's loaded before shoving the bolt forward and flipping the safety on.*

    "It's something, that's for sure. I know I made things seem bleak, and don't get me wrong, they are, but sometimes, if you're very, very lucky you get a chance to do some good. Maybe they'll pass it on, or maybe they'll cause trouble. I don't know, but I had to try. I just hope we don't come to regret it. I'd hate to have to kill them later."

    *Looking over to Deke, he waves the man over.*
    "You've been awefully quiet - I don't think I've even caught your name yet, come to think of it. You've got the look of a man that can handle himself, though that might just be the armor."
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thanks again for waiting.


    At Markis: Sandy steps up and takes the machine pistol from the now former raider. That's okay. We still need to get there in one piece and I don't want to get caught by any others like us. We aren't as united as much as have mutual non-agression agreements when the mood suits us. When we get within sight of Ark River, I'll disassemble them and take them into trade for food and proper clothes. Thanks again.

    At Elias: Sandy looks at Elias, bashfully, and almost...ashamedly? She asks him to speak to him away from the others.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So...you are a doctor? Well, I...have a problem. I'm pregnant.

    You give her a complete exam (I'm going to take the 31 here). She's in remarkably good health. Apparently, the guy toting the machine pistol is the father, and was second in command of the band. He and several of the others had been skipping the occasional meal to ensure she was being fed well. You don't have an ultrasound handy, but from everything you can tell, she's about 4 months along, and with your stethescope, you can detect the flutter of the fetus's heartbeat. You refer her to the town doctor and make a note to grab some prenatal vitamins in the AllMart after you get inside.


    For the group:

    Spoiler
    Show
    I still need a listen check from everybody. I already got the listen check from Markis and Higgy, but waiting on Aria, Elias, and Deke.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Elias

    Speaking to Sandy gently, Elias puts his stethoscope and other supplies back into his bag.

    "I'm sorry that I can't be of much help with the kit I've got on hand, but once you're in town, be sure to check with the medical practitioners there. They should be able to get a better look with their equipment. From what I can tell though, it seems to be doing just fine. Make sure you don't exhaust yourself on the journey to Ark River. I know you guys would want to make good time and all, but just don't do anything rash on your last stretch alright? If we come across anything that'll help, I'll bring it by once we're back in town."

    Pulling out two purification tablets from his pack, he hands them over to the woman.

    "I don't know if you've been drinking clean radiation free water or not, but here is two water purification tablets that should last you till atleast the city limits. Keep yourself hydrated. The baby is especially vulnerable during the first few months of development."

    Once he's done the check up on the Wastelanders, Elias stands back up and takes a good look around him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+9)[26]
    Spot: (1d20+9)[10]
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 19/20

    *With a shrug, Markis holsters his own pistol again and smiles.*
    "That's fine. I wouldn't want anything to happen on your way there."

    *Turning to the others in his group, he points to a ridge just up the way before pulling his hat down a little more snug against a gust of wind.*
    "I'm going to step up there and take a quick peek around. I'll be down in just a second. Finish your business, take a quick rest, and we'll be on our way."

    *Loping up the small rise, Markis peeks over the top, trying to get a bit of a view of the surroundings before heading back down.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thought a quick spot check would be nice too, and give me an action to post IC.

    Spot -
    (1d20+10)[14]

    +3 ability, +5 Ranks, +2 Misc.
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I hope your rolls stay this good!


    Having sent the now former raiders back to Ark River, you continued north. In the distance ahead, a few of you spot what looks like bare trees lining the road up ahead. Others amongst you are hearing what sounds like moaning in the distance. After getting closer, you notice that they are not bare trees, but upright beams and/or telephone poles with cross beams attached near the top. Affixed to them, arms stretched, are men and women. These are all people being crucified. Some of them seem to be clinging to life.

    VOICE OF THE GM
    Spoiler
    Show

    I need a Treat Injury check from Elias to check how alive they are and what shape they are in.


    What do you all do?
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Iowa.. Yup it's real.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Higgy

    Higgy sees the people hanging from various apparatuses and is nearly overcome with shock. Afraid that whatever did that to them might be nearby he speaks quietly to Markis.

    "What in vaultec's name is this all about? People trying to kill each other for food. Beasts with two heads and now people being hung by their arms? Is this normal? What kind of nightmare have we stepped into?"

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    My god. These people... Are they, are they still alive?

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 24/25


    *As they approach the victims of the brutality, Markis turns his back on the people hanging, bringing his rifle up to his shoulder to scan the surroundings, watching for movement for a moment, even when he answers, his eyes are scanning, searching for whomever had done this.*
    "This is no nightmare - make no mistake about it. This is all to real. When nightmares become too much, you can wake up. All you can do here is keep moving forward or die. Doc - think you can work your skills? If you can keep some alive, they can describe their captors. I hope to whatever gods there may be that it wasn't the group we just sent back to Ark River."

    *Glancing up at the people strapped to the poles, he shakes his head, his seemingly ever-present smile nowhere to be seen.*
    "They got lucky - there's worse ways to die, that's for sure, and they might just live. Keep your eyes sharp. We don't want to end up like them."

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Alright, well, I suppose since we leveled up, it might be good to start putting my correct Hp total in my posts.

    Anyways - Search check to keep a look out.
    (1d20+14)[33]
    Ability - +4
    Ranks - +5
    Misc - +5

    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Elias

    Hand still on his holstered handgun, Elias cautiously approaches the bodies to take a closer look.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To see if there are any enemies nearby:
    Spot Check: (1d20+9)[27]

    "It's difficult to see without helping them down...but let me see what I can pick out..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury: (1d20+16)[32]

    "Do raiders often treat their captives like so?...These...Savages..."
    Last edited by mr1135; 2013-06-06 at 04:37 PM.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    As you watch, Elias approaches the crucified people. As far as Elias can tell, about a third of them are alive, clinging on to life. Of these, nearly anything you could do, other than performing a medical miracle of some sort, would kill all but a few of them. This leaves about 2-3 of them that you have a chance of saving. Markis recognizes one of these people as the leader of the raider group he tangled with previously, and that you were sent to deal with.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    As Aria watches some of these people die in front of her, die in the most horrible way she thinks a person can, she begins to feel sick.

    Running to the side of the road, she falls to her knees and begins vomiting, heaving her lunch into the weeds on the side of the road.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Elias

    Elias' face pales as he realizes that he will not be able to save the majority of these people. Their wounds either too severe or that he simply did not have the medical equipment or the manpower on hand to perform the necessary medical aid.

    "Damnit..." he hisses between his teeth as he continues to triage the victims of this barbaric crime.

    Pointing to but three of the dozens around, he indicates to the group which ones are most likely to survive being lowered.

    "If I'm to save any of these men, we're going to have to do it here and now. Quickly. Help me lower these few...the rest...the rest..."

    He drifts off, closing his eyes to calm the anger that's slowly brewing from within him.

    What kind of person does this...and to so many? No...this can't be from a single person. Whomever did this...they need to be stopped. There is no way the Vault can withstand something like this.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 24/25


    *Looking to the doctor, he nods and pulls out his knife, carefully helping pull the few down that might survive.*
    "Doc, you're sure there's nothing we can do? I know the prospect is gruesome, but I'd rather a little nick to an artery to let them go quickly than to leave them suffer like this. It's painful and it's slow. If there's nothing to do, best we give them what help we can."

    *With a glance over to Aria, he nods slowly.*
    "I'll deal with it. This is a lot to take in, I know."
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Elias

    As Markis begins lowering those whom he had picked out, he begins pulling out supplies from his pack, preparing for emergency treatment. Finding a bed of grass nearby, he lays his blanket over top and motions the others to lower the wastelander onto it. Laying out his medical kit beside him, Elias pulls up his sleeves and gets to work without another word.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury: (1d20+16)[33]

    In the case that they do require surgery, I do have a Surgery Kit on me.

    Wiping his perspiration on his forearm, he takes a look at those still hung on the poles. Turning back to the group, he makes a mental count on how many still remained crucified and his stock of medicine.

    "The others...I don't have enough meds on me to make it...painless for all of them."
    Last edited by mr1135; 2013-06-10 at 12:48 AM.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 24/25


    "Painless is a relative term, doc. At this point, there's nothing else to do. Best someone keep a lookout while we tend to this. Aria - why don't you keep an eye out. Any of the rest that don't want to see, best do the same. No shame in it."

    *Pulling out his knife, Markis sets to work cutting the bodies down - those still clinging to life first, and carries them to one side. He accepts whatever help the others offer with a quiet nod. There's work to be done, and it'll be done with help or without.*

    *Those with signs of life still left in them are made comfortable - as much as he can, at least, before Markis bows his head quietly over each one for a moment, then uses his knife to cut the artery under the arm - easy enough to do, and likely near painless for the tortured souls.*

    *With the immediate problem dealt with, Markis sets to cutting down those already dead, and laying them next to their companions. Raiders or not, they were still human beings.*

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Alright, sorry if I'm too forward with his actions, I just figured it's what he would do, given the chance. I can edit the post if needed, but off to work for now.
    Catch you on the flip side!
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Thankfully, Markis doesn't have to do much after pulling them down, as they seem to breathe their last as they are removed. The large spikes holding their wrists seemed to have been both harming and saving them: it was driven through the wrists, but was holding that artery shut as well. Once loosed, they quickly bleed out; that is, except a lucky few.

    Elias successfully treats the lot of those who live, and though traumatized, they will recover physically. As Elias finishes up with the last patient, you all hear the growing sound of an audibly loud and happy whooping noise is coming from further up the road.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Aria can only nod as she tries not to look at what has been done to these people.

    And what was that noise? It sounded like laughing.

    "Should someone go see what that is?"

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Elias

    Still kneeling beside the survivors, Elias looks up at the others, still slightly exhausted from having just performed emergency aid. Gesturing to the unconscious patients, he makes a short sigh before speaking.

    "I'll stay and watch over these three if the rest of you want to see what the infernal racket is about. Be careful."

    He quickly palms his hand by his holstered pistol to make sure it's in place before focusing on the three before him once more.
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 24/25


    *As he finishes dealing with the dead and dying, Markis turns his head toward the whooping, and scowls - the look dark enough to make storm clouds look friendly and checks the round in his rifle before motioning to the others.*
    "I could be making a while stab here, but something tells me that someone found the entrance to the stash. I can't be sure, but if I stumbled on something like that, I might have to jump with joy too. I'm gonna take a look. Doc, Aria - you two at least should stay with these ones, see if you can learn anything. Best you keep you quiet friend too. Higgy - you feel like taking a walk with me?"

    *Giving the others a moment to decide, he starts towards the happy, creepy sound if no one objects, keeping low and trying to keep out of direct line of sight as best he can.*

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm not sure exactly what we're going to find, but with any luck, we'll see them before they see us.

    Hide - (1d20+8)[21]
    +3 ability
    +5 ranks

    Move Silently - (1d20+8)[25]
    +3 ability
    +5 ranks

    Spot - He'll take a turn to use the scope to scan, which would hopefully negate some of the range penalties to spot.
    (1d20+10)[28]
    +3 ability
    +5 ranks
    +2 Misc

    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Aria nods, not trusting her voice just yet.

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    As Markis heads over towards the joyous ruckus, he notices that it is one man, a raider by dress, jumping and cheering. As you get closer, he just keeps shouting some nonsense about "winning the big one" and having won "the best prize of all." None of this makes any sense to you. He is unarmed and seems unharmed.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 24/25


    *Taking cover behind a bit of rock and motioning for Higgy to get down as well, Markis levels his rifle at the man and exhales, steadying himself before he calls out to him.*
    "Oi! You're making enough noise to bring every hungry critter within a klick - and I can't say I'm fond of that idea, so why not keep your hands where I can see them and tell me exactly what it is you've won. Either that, or you get a few new holes where there weren't meant to be none."

    *Giving the man a moment to respond, Markis keeps his rifle trained on him, but doesn't fire - unarmed or not, he seemed to be about six shades of crazy, and Markis didn't feel like getting dead today.*
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lentrax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In the Final Frontier
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Not hearing any gunfire coming from Markis's direction, Aria decides to go see what is going on.

    When she sees the man who won the 'jackpot' she gets a very confused look on her face.

    "What is he talking about?"

    Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

    Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.


    A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

    Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

    Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

    Follow me on Twitter!

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    DungeonMaster77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    The man is now sitting and performing some strange combination of hysterical laughter and hopelessly depressive sobbing, continually mumbling about winning the lottery. In fact, he is tightly clutching a pink ticket with the number 17 scribbled on it. It seems there are no sighns of a struggle, and nobody else around.
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

    The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    Avatar by Sampi
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

    Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis -
    Hp - 24/25


    *Taking a moment to watch and take measure of the man, Markis slowly lowers his rifle and turns to Aria.*
    "It looks like he's about to have a mental breakdown. I... I can't remember if I've heard something called the lottery before..."

    *Frowning, Markis thinks hard for a moment, never taking his eyes from the man. Something. In passing. Was it in that bar back east? Something... With a shake of his head, he lets it stew - the details would come back to him when he wasn't concentrating so hard on it.*
    "Regardless - we've still got to make sure the spot is secure."

    *Looking over to Higgy and Deke, he waves for them to follow as he falls into step with Aria.*
    "Listen, I'm not the best with technology - I want you and the doc to come with me - if we're going to get shot at, I want him on hand to keep us alive, and I'll make sure the both of you stay that way. Higgy, Deke - you two hunker down, take some cover and keep an eye on these survivors - they're the only ones that know what's going on here.."

    *Looking around at the group of vault dwellers, growing dustier and more brutalized by the moment, he smiles. They're holding up well. If half the other vault dwellers are built half as tough, they'll do just fine.*
    "Unless you folks have objections - I may know my way around out here, but I'm not going to presume any kind of authority over you. You got an idea, speak up."


    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Alright, I'm going to make an Intelligence check to see if he can remember having heard anything about the lotto - I know he hasn't had any interaction with the legion before, but stories like this are the kind that get told over warm beers.

    Also, Since the players are absent, I figured Higgy and Deke would just stand by - as long as their are no objections.
    Intelligence -
    (1d20+8)[27]
    +4 ability, +4 Misc

    Edit: Aaaand right back into the amazing rolls. I've been getting some serious love by the dice roller. I'm hoping it doesn't come to bite me in the backside.
    Last edited by TheMightyQuinn; 2013-06-19 at 07:28 PM.
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    mr1135's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Canadia hat of 'Merica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Elias

    Checking his patients one last time to make sure they're stable, he lays them down as comfortably as he can before moving closer to his group members.

    "They're as well as I can make them right now. I mean...I'm a bit worried about someone stumbling into them...or wildlife and what not, but this could be a greater problem if we can't get the supplies for Arc River."

    As he speaks, Elias begins to take his gun out to check the chamber and the mag to make sure it's loaded and ready to go.

    "What's our plan? Are we going to go in there? Whoever did this to these people...I can't imagine them being lightly armed if they could force this sort of brutality onto them."
    Past Campaign(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Life Disturbed - Sandbox RP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rickard Danton - Stoic Craftsman
    IC
    OOC

    Fallout: Great Planes - D20 Mod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elias Ravenor - Dedicated Hero
    IC
    OOC

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    TheMightyQuinn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Siberia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout: Great Plains IC

    Markis
    Hp - 24/25


    *With a shrug, he looks to the sky and frowns.*
    "Well, we've only got so much time in the day, and whoever did this."
    *He waves a hand at the dead bodies.*
    "It seems like they've moved on. There'd have to be more than a few of them to overpower and hold this many while they did their work. I'm going to guess they've moved on. If not, well, we'll have to take that chance."

    "All we can do is go in, hope the door is still shut tight, and make sure the place is secure. After that, we head back to Ark River, and finish the job."
    *Looking over to Deke and Higgy, he points around at some of the wood.*
    "See if you can't make some stretchers or something - even something we can tie them to and half carry, half drag will work - we'll get them back to Ark River, and they can answer our questions, as well as for any crimes Heathersby wants them for."

    "If the folks that did this are still about, our best chance is going to be to secure ourselves in that bunker while Deke and Higgy run for town. We can barricade ourselves and set up some decent defenses if it's as well stocked as it sounds. Even the three of us, dug in hard could hold off twenty times our number if we had to. And had enough ammo."
    "Not Appropriate? The TigerSaw embodies power, strength, and muderous vigilance. I can think of nothing More appropriate than a fearsome TigerSaw."

    I Am A: N/G Human Monk/Sorc (3/2 Lvl)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Str-15
    Dex-16
    Con-13
    Int-16
    Wis-13
    Cha-18


    Find out = http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    courtesy of Easydamus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •