Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default A Plague on Dragonkind - OoC

Welcome to the Out of Character (OoC) thread for the dragon game I'm running. Chat, goof off, speculate that that mustache guy will betray you, talk tactics, plan, ask me to clarify things, etc. I am compiling as much stuff as I can in this post so I'll be a good reference post. Everyone post the links to your sheet(s) and choose color(s) to post in.

Below is various useful stuff.

Posting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Try to post at least once per day as long as there is something to post, more often if you have can. If you don't post for three days straight in combat, someone else will act for you (me, unless another player wants to). If an idea is proposed and no-one voices objection within three days, i'll presume that you're all going along with it (if I remember).

When you post, structure them with OoC [out of character] stuff spoiler it with a heading of OoC. Dice rolls in spoilers unless it is something that makes sense to include IG (Summoning 1d3 hippogriffs to attack someone could have the roll code in the post there if you say something like "and 1d3 hippogriffs appear diving at the foe, slashing with there claws"). If your doing some roll completely OoC, such as forgetting to include a knowledge/spellcraft check, post it here, clearly stating what it is. The same goes for saves and other rolls that happen on your turn unless you want to type something about what your doing IC.

Everyone should pick a color to speak in. Use italics in that color for thoughts you post. NPCs will post in Bold, important ones might gets a Color and/or a font too. (Some may get a color and/or font later, once you realize they are important).

If there is a spoiler with a player/character's name above it which isn't your character/player's name, don't read it, it is meant to be private. If I make a spoiler with a title like "Spot (DC 15):" Don't open it unless you successfully make the check, they may have spoilers within the spoilers with increasing difficulty, if that is so, don't open the further spoilers unless your roll also would reach that DC.

The World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The world is rather generic, all the gods listed in allowed sources, along with whatever else you come up with (and probably a few more, though those are minor), along with all the causes as normal. The planes are standard core, though I'd make up specific locations on them for the most part. Considering this is a game about dragons, a lot of standard dragon fluff applies, though I am not expert on that, so if I type something that completely contradicts something, I probably don't know about it. Setting specific dragon fluff probably won't be around because I know next to nothing of any WotC setting.

I'm more of a make it up as you go type of world builder, so I'm intentionally leaving things vague for the most part. I'm always open to suggestions. If you want to know something specific, ask me like "what are some major cities of the world", and I'd come up with something.

Now, that part is boring enough, on the the world itself.

It is earth-like, with a multitude of climates and kingdoms, I don't have a map, (partially because I suck at map-making, and partially because I haven't thought of everything). Dragons are possibly more common than normal, though live remote from civilizations for the most part (save there own, loose civilization), though many have a far reaching talon, and either with agents, or in humanoid guise influence civilizations. The center of dragonkind on this world is the Wyrmwing mountains, a vast mountain range, where dragons gather, under an uneasy truce, and were the most powerful of dragons watch from afar, though many of the strongest seek solitude.

A call for help has been sent out to powerful young dragons, for the younger are more resistant to the plague than the older, for help, and are gathering at the Wrymwing mountains. This is where you are now.

Word of the plague has gotten out, and has the eyes of dragonkind turn to there own, and the grip of dragons claws slackens on the world, others prepare to move against them. Dragonslayers gather, seeking hoards of ancient wyrms, not sick and hardly able to move. Kingdoms make ready for war, without dragons to meddle, they see a chance to expand, and some dragons, those lucky enough to still be healthy see it as an opportunity to gain power. The world changes, and unless a cure to the plague can be found soon, the changes might not include dragons in them.

List of Players:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Player|Character|Class|Race|Color|Base Size
    MichaelGoldclaw |Vilirax|LA3/Barbarian 12//HD 10/Marshal 5|Battle Dragon (Very Young)|DarkGreen,LimeGreen [Intelligent Item]|Small
    Von Krieger |Leiden, Battle Dragon|Battle Dragon 15//Warblade 10|Primordial Half-Troll Battle Dragon|DarkOrange Impact|Huge
    Silver Night|Skirl|Cloistered Cleric5/WitW10|Blue Dragon15|Magenta|Huge
    Plerumque |Exorbitance (Exor)|RHD 15//Artificer 10/LA 5|Coin Dragon|Purple|Medium
    Erik Vale|Alae'Othim Benlit [Combat Forms]|Wing Dragon 15//Fighter [A] 15|Wing Dragon|SlateGray|Huge
    al'Lan Mandrag|Skyellein, Dragonsinger|DB13/WB2//HD3/B1/WB6/SC5|Human Half Dragon- Gold|Blue|Medium
    ThriceDeadCat|Grovisvoth|LA 9/Cloistered Cleric of Io 1/MotAO 4//Dragon 15|(Child of Eberron) Tome Dragon (Young Adult)|Navy|Large
    Cd4|Cedric Triplebreath|Dragonfire Adept 15|Young Brass Dragon|Sienna|Medium
    whoiam|Dian (Hesi Arcanisstok Ixen Anhew di'wer Dian)|Riddled Gold Dragon 15 (LA +5, 10HD) / Transmuter Domain Wizard (7)/Loremaster (5)/Archmage (3)|Gold Dragon|Gold|Medium
    ShadowFireLance|Seyrclugh & Nimevere [Cohort] |Hellfire Wyrm 15//Warlock 4/Sorcerer 4/Eldritch Theurge 7 & Erinyes 9/LA 5//Paladin Of Tyranny 5/Bard 2/Arcane Duelist 2/ Blackguard 5|Hellfire Wyrm & LA+5 Erinyes|DarkRed Impact and Red [for Cohort]|Huge/Medium
    rweird (DM)|EVERYONE (else, as in besides the PCs)|Many|More|Bold Colors and/or fonts|All
    [/table]

Links:
    Spoiler
    Show

I find it very likely I have forgotten something, especially considering much of it is copy-pasted from other games I'm running, tell me if I missed something or whatever and I'll include it.

-rweird
    Last edited by rweird; 2013-05-11 at 06:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: A Plague on Dragonkind - OoC

Uh... since you've got the table of characters in the OP, do I need to repost the link?

Anyway, Dian will speak in Gold unless people have trouble reading it, in which case I will take Dark Orchid.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark green
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

4. - Top - End - #4

I just noticed something [I can't believe i missed], wing dragons have the Fire Subtype [I never saw that note, and always assumed the air subtype]. Personally, I don't see this making any sense, sure they can make smoke, but their main abilities are flight, and their SLA's are mainly about weather/wind control. [Heck, it even has a create air ability] I would like for the wing dragon subtype to be changed to Air.

Overall, I know it doesn't make much of a difference except as to what energy it is immune/vulnrable to and what sort of cleric can turn it, I just feel like it makes no sense. And I'm fine with a answer of "No, they are still of the fire subtype."

Edit, speech will be Slate Gray.
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-05-03 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

5. - Top - End - #5

whoiam: No need to repost a link, gold works.

Erik: I'd be fine with you changing it to air, though air doesn't give anything while [Fire] gives fire immunity and cold vulnerability. Could you post your two other sheet (I think I lost them).

Table updated.
    Last edited by rweird; 2013-05-03 at 05:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Skyellein will speak in Blue.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7

I know. It's mostly for aesthetics, and seeing how much better my flight speed is over others, the usually perfect fly speeds make sense.
    I dont actually Think I posted my shape shifted sheets as they were mostly for if I needed them for combat. However, here they are, in all their bare minimum of whats needed ness. [If you wan't me to give you discriptions of the forms that's fine.

Stone Giant
    Half Dragon Stone Giant
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

8. - Top - End - #8

I wouldn't have it give perfect maneuverability, for example, Green Dragons have the (Air) subtype.

Other sheets: You posted them at some point, description not necessary. I just wanted to be able to take into account all of your abilities when determining a good encounter.

9. - Top - End - #9

I know, I knew I wasn't going to get any benifits out of it, I just happen to fly better [as per better manueverability] than others, the 'near perfect fly speeds' part makes sense.

As for abilities, makes sense. Though as for all my abilities, I can basically transform, loosing [some or all] flight speed and some of my natural attacks for toughness and the ability to use a bow.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Magenta! for me. Looking forward to the game starting!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

I shall be purple.
    Last edited by Plerumque; 2013-05-03 at 09:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

I claim Hellfire and Fire. =p
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Grovisvoth will speak in Navy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

14. - Top - End - #14

Updated, just waiting on Von and Cd4.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll use Bolded Dark Orange.

And with regards to something mentioned in the other thread, you don't actually autofail a skill check on a natural 1, or autosuceed on a natural 20.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Von Krieger View Post
    I'll use Bolded Dark Orange.

And with regards to something mentioned in the other thread, you don't actually autofail a skill check on a natural 1, or autosuceed on a natural 20.
    How about not bold, I reserve bold for NPCs normally so it'd be clearer and give me access to all the colors, the Arial Black and Impact can help with the bold feel. Or it could be normal DarkOrange.

For skill checks, I misread Use Magic Device's failing on a natural one clause to mean you autofail, I'm aware skills don't normally do this.
    Last edited by rweird; 2013-05-04 at 03:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dark Orange Impact, then.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Cedric will be speaking in Sienna

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Looks like everyone is accounted for. Did I miss the start of the campaign?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

20. - Top - End - #20

Nope, we are still waiting for a IC thread.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

21. - Top - End - #21

Sorry, real life came up. This week is very busy for me, I'm not sure when I'll post the IC. If I don't post it by this time tomorrow, bug me about it. Sorry for the delay, I hope to make it tomorrow, I almost certainly will get to it by Thursday (hopefully before then).

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    Sorry, real life came up. This week is very busy for me, I'm not sure when I'll post the IC. If I don't post it by this time tomorrow, bug me about it. Sorry for the delay, I hope to make it tomorrow, I almost certainly will get to it by Thursday (hopefully before then).
    About time slowpoke.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #23

Don't worry, I understand real life.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

/me bugs rweird

25. - Top - End - #25

Sorry for the delay, I apparently got even more to do, though I've made the IC. Enjoy.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I believe there is only one thing to be said now.

"Woohoo!"

27. - Top - End - #27

Or "It's Aliiiiive!", but whatever floats your boat.

Hope things get better on your end.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

But we're not allowed to say 'It's Aliiiiiiiiive!' unless we get it struck by lightning, are we?

29. - Top - End - #29

Well strike me with lightning. I wouldn't take any damage unless it was magical/spiritually charged/divine lightning.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

30. - Top - End - #30

I think MichaelGoldclaw's armor could oblige you, and you wouldn't take damage.