A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 103
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    While the others look to this new oddity, Thala Looks back the way they came. searching for any sign of pursuit.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+15)[32]


    If she doesn't see anything offhand worriesome; she takes to the air; slowly riding to the height of the tall pillars and takes much longer look around

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+15)[32]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Spoiler
    Show

    Heh, two identicle rolls.


    Looking around Thala notices nothing, when rising to a hight she notices that this place seems to be almost a bowl in the mountains, a largish grassy area that might take perhaps a hour, maybe two, to walk across. It seems other areas may be more difficult to climb, but without further inspection you cant really tell... Besides, they would likely follow you the way you came.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Figuring that Thala's observations were likely sufficient, Kihlesa turned her attention the the pillars, attempting to find some significance in them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence roll - (1d20+2)[9]
    Knowledge (planes) rolls - (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d20+2)[17]
    (1d20+2)[20]
    (1d20+2)[5]
    (1d20+2)[21]
    (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d20+2)[11]
    (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d20+2)[8]

    Perception because it can't hurt - (1d20+11)[15]

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Will we stay here, or keep moving? Aaron asks.
    Player Registry and games Here


  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Tanith takes her time to examine and marvel the etchings and markings on the stone, finding meaning and purpose in each one. As her search continues, she starts to realize what exactly Venay'ya had led them to. "It's a portal..." She said loud enough for the others to hear as they spread out to look themselves. "To other planes... Seven Heavens, Elysium, Olympus, Limbo, The Abyss, Hades, the Nine Hells, Mechanus..." She names them, fascinated as she walks along the outer pillars. On the last one, she she stops and turns to the center.

    She takes slow steps up to the very last stone and examines it again. She takes a long moment to try and decipher anything further about it before looking at the surrounding structures. "The center of the universe..." She weighs the options presented to her. The forces of Good would be obliged to help those in need, but the swarm didn't belong with such beings, nor did Tanith wish to grovel at an angel's feet. Their counterparts, the Evil would use them as tools and betray them at the first chance. Limbo was too sporadic, there were no guarantees and Mechanus would drive even her crazy...

    She looked back at the central stone. "Get inside the circle," She ordered, "We're leaving." She gently ran her fingers over the smooth surface, tracing the groves and markings in an attempt to activate the dormant portal and hoping beyond hope that the center of the universe was safer than being hunted by the "civilized" people of their world for eternity.
    Last edited by Hat-Trick; 2013-05-13 at 03:43 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Hearing Tanith's order, Kihlesa instinctively said, Yes, my queen," as she stepped into the circle. While it was clear that she was still largely dismayed by the previous swarmlord's death, Kihlesa was comforted by having any swarmlord at all giving direction to the swarm for her to follow.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Anyone mind if I leave them a little surprise? Aaron pulls out his bear traps. If you'll give me five minutes, and some spitling spit... In all honesty, I'd just be glad for the chance to use the damned things.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check to hide the bear traps, I hide 3, assuming all agree
    (1d20+20)[39]
    (1d20+20)[34]
    (1d20+20)[34]
    Player Registry and games Here


  8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Those expecting a portal would be disapointed. Well, only just...

    Running her fingers over the central stone, nothing happens until her index touches the empty central space, wherin she suddenly feels nothing, and then a overly rough mental intrusion, which then thrusts into the minds of everyone else, which suddenly that recedes just as quickly as it appeared.

    Suddenly, a semi-sharp crack sounds from within the central 'pillar', and the stone glows...
    And then, what appears a ghost flashes into existance above the stone facing Tanith...
    It appears to be a concerned human, whose face quickly turns to dispair.

    "It.... It happened... It finally happened... I wished for this day before I slept, but not like this..."

    The ghost looks up [well, down, but less down] at Tanith, and then looks over the group.
    "... Judging by your size, there aren't many other groups, if any... I... It will take some time to process this.... I just can't believe she's gone... Guess her contingincies weren't so unreasonable... I take it you are desiring to leave?"

    The 'ghost' looks around again.
    "Well. Wish to leave. If you want it to be specific, wish for everyone within the pillar circle to be transported to sigil."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Here's a oppertunity to pose whatever questions you would like to for RP purposes. You characters don't know that you are safe because you can wish faster than the chasers can attack, but I'll tell you.
    I will also tell you in advance that non of you know about sigil.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    The hell... What is Sigil? Aaron steps back, un-retracting his claws.
    Player Registry and games Here


  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Lands into the circle; still keeping an eye out towards the way they came from

    "More to the point; Is this Sigil place safer than here?"

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    “Calm, I can’t harm you without someone wishing it and I have no desire to do so."
    The spirit raises his hands a little, in the almost universal symbol of being open and peaceful. After a moment, he begins again.
    Sigil, Sigin is THE planar metropolies, the City of Doors, the place at the center of the universe where all the planes meet, where wearing the right colour the door normally to a tavern instead takes you to another world, it’s danger is… Not as outright and normally rather avoidable, but where your oponents here are simply men and women of varying species and power, and your opposition there is just short of the divine should you manage to annoy them, or you could die in a instant for raising the ire of it's protector. It is more dangerous than here purely for the harmful response and how you will not know th dangers… However, it is the City of Doors, it might take some asking and some pay, but you can definitely find some place as safe as here, except without the being actively hunted... That, and this set up acts as a focus for a area where you will meet the other half of the contingincy.”
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Meet the other half of the contingency? Cut the ****, and tell me what that is.
    Player Registry and games Here


  13. - Top - End - #43
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    "Aaron, I appreciate that now is a stressful time for you, but there is no need to take to me with insult... I know not the depths of your connection with Ania, but I am sorrowful that one who has done this for me has died in pursuit of such beautiful dreams."

    Whilst the 'ghost' seems heartfelt, he is also obviously condiscending.

    "Should I remember correctly, the focus leads to a infomation and wish brokarage, of which they are often helpful towards new people, though they do say it differently... However, I have been in stasis for a time I know not, so I know not what lies at the other end of the focus now I don't know, but Ania would have made sure there was someone present to assist you either in getting to safety or achieve your legs... Stranding someone in Sigil is said to kill about half of those dropped in without any help."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Benji Steps forward arrogantly saying "I can tell you right now we are not part of that half!"
    Last edited by BraveSirRobin; 2013-05-14 at 09:04 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    "Like I said, Ania already had a contingency for when you arived. Think, you are one of what remains of her greatest dreams, do you think she would send you off just to die? I know not the depth of your connection with Ania, but I knew her long enough to know that she is smart and compasionate. She may have even set it up so you are placed elsewhere quickly... But such is not for me to say. I am simply a single of your wishes."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-05-14 at 10:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Tanith listened carefully to the apparition's words and responses to her swarm's questions. They were trading imminent danger for potential greater troubles if they were to head for this city, Sigil. However, Ania herself set up the contingency she now observed with her own two eyes. If there was one thing she could trust, it was that their dearly departed Swarm Queen never did anything carelessly. If this was supposed to be a way out, it would be safe. But something nagged at the back of her mind.

    "Who are you?" She said calmly. "You said Ania did this to you. How? Why you?"

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    If it's question time, what did you mean by 'I can’t harm you without someone wishing it?'
    Player Registry and games Here


  18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    "I am... Boreagon is the simplest of my names, my tittle names are irrelevant... Ania, I don't know how she did it, I don't look much on either the specifics of magic's and I know nothing of psionics in truth... Why. Why is a longer story."

    The spirit looks 'down', and almost smiles sheepishly at the ground. He then 'sits', floating just above the gem.

    “I was, am a Jani. A genie, but not noble and of all elements. You need not know the details, but I made a wish in public, and it was granted by an efrit. I was, stupid enough to let an annoyed ‘frit grant me a wish.”

    The spirit chuckles at his own stupidity.

    “Well, for my wish, I wished that I could grant wishes as a Noble Genie. And so I was cursed into a ring of wishes, but worse, any who handled me learned that by passing me around, they could get as many wishes as they wanted, as long as they didn’t use the third wish, which would free me…”

    The spirit pauses a moment, letting it sink in.
    “Eventually, I was lost on this plane, found, abused some more, and then found by Ania. Apparently those that rule don’t take to kindly to people manipulating reality on this island to the extents they did. Upon hearing my curse, she told me of this world while she thought upon my situation and came decision she told me. Well, the most wonderful thing. She decided to change her reward, she asked for the knowledge to create a tiny stasis field, and the ability to create a focus for planar travel… In exchange for going to sleep, she would wish that the next wish someone other than her used through me would count as three. I accepted her offer and wish, and so I waited without waiting to be awakened, knowing that when I was awakened it would probably be for a bad reason, and to send someone to sigil.”

    The Boreagon's image [for you know now it is no spirit or ghost] ceases it's recount. After a moment.
    "Does my tale answer your questions, Aaron and Tanith?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    A note, yes, I already had this semi-preppred so that isn't DM annoyence in Boreagon's question. I was actually rather anticipating this turn of events, and have more background info if you would like to keep asking.

    Also, one might also note he said "Those that Rule", not the gods yet it did seem like a tittle.
    A Knowledge History, Nobility or other may reveal as to whether or not their is a conclave or some such by a similar name that goes around enforcing things.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Tanith listens closely to the apparition's tale, absorbing the details. As Boreagon reached the end of his tale, the de facto swarm queen smiled. It all sounded just like Ania, the clever woman always managed to amaze. "Yes, thank you, Boreagon. That cleared up a lot. I think we're ready take our journey to Sigil, then, and finally free you of your curse."

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    "Thank you... It has been a while since had freedom, it will be a pleasure to have my own two legs again."

    The ghost smiles.
    And then a moment passes.

    Then the spirit *Coughs*
    "Uhh. The Wish?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll assume for the point of this post that one of you does indeed make the wish. Yes, you can post a tiny bit of your characters laughing with a ** seperating the pre-wish and post-wish sections.

    Of course, if someone would like to say something before hand that would elicit a response, I will edit out the lower section for pasting back in later.


    The image of Boreagon raises his hands. He himself doesn't know how the structure works, just that it would... Besides, a little ceremony would be nice for a change.

    "Granted" His voice rings out firm.

    Suddenly, lines of light in many varied hues spring from amoungst the pillars to their neighbours. The image of Boreagon disapears replaced by a pillar of white light that while bright, is not so bright as to require the averting of eyes. When it reaches a hight well above all the viewers inside the circle, the pillars all let out a third beam of light, this time to the peak of the central pillar of light. Suddenly the world turns grey, and you feel a sudden and sharp pull up.

    Somewhere in the back of your minds, you hear a triumphant shout and the sounds of the central pillar exploading in a shower of stone, what you don't see is Boreagon jumping up and down smiling amongst the falling shrapnel.
    "Free! I'm Finally Free!"

    ***Sigil, the City of Doors***
    After perhaps three seconds of upward motion, you feel a sudden tug, and the world is no longer grey. And suddenly feet hit the ground, hard stone pavers of some kind, the pavers around you having a rapidly dimming magical symbol on them... Well, many intertwined symbol. All around you is silent, as you look around you see a vast number of creatures both terrifying and deligting to look at all pressed against various walls or looking down. Given that amoungst the number is a rather large demon it almost looks hillarious.

    Out of the corner of your eyes, you see a long grey dress swish out of view and around a corner.

    Slowly, life returns to the street, talking starts and from nearby you hear the words-
    "-My god... The ladies gone... Why would she be walking down hear."

    Suddenly, a rather loud imp starts speaking.
    "Right then, she's moved on, this is a buisiness street so move along. Come on we work for a living so if your not here for a wish or a bargain get out of our tent, move along."
    Looking to your right [towards the imp] you see a rather large tent, seeming to be a mixmash of tents attached to each other. One of you [which quickly means all of you] notices the imp narrowing it's eyes, then widening it's in surprise. Then flying towards the group at speed. It may take perhaps 20 seconds to get to you.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reactions/first impressions time.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    In Sigil:
    Thala Stands behind Tanith, Looking around warily; but trying not to appear to be very guarded until Tanith gives a go-ahead or somebody comes at them with intent on harm. She rests a hand on her Crystal Hilt; ready to draw it at a moments notice.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+15)[35] More Specifically for somebody with intent on harm than oddities (which I imagine she sees alot of)

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    OOC/IC [Thala]
    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC: That would be sense motive over perception.
    IC:
    As the various beings boil back into their conversations the only thing that seems intent on you in any way is the imp [Ok, there is a human staring on you [as in group], you get curiosity before he moves on]. And whilst it might be giving off 'agressive', it isn't violent aggressive. More like the 'Oi you. Yes you, get your but over here I need you to-' aggressive.
    That, and the way it's face is moving, it's almost like it's having a internal monolouge.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Turik looks around for a few moments, and feels pressed in because of the street. He crackes his neck, lets out a groan, and suddenly begins to shrink. After a few seconds, Turik is suddenly a six foot tall, rather plain looking human.

    "My apologies. I feel a little cramped at the moment."

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sournote103's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    **
    Kihlesa was, naturally, stunned at Sigil. She had never seen a place filled with so many people, let alone one filled with such a variety of people. After a moment of incredulity, her thoughts turned to how amazing it would be to induct all of these people into the swarm- but even in her desire to return the swarm to its former glory, she realized that running around and forcing people to join would just cause the survivors the same problem which caused them to run here in the first place.
    Focusing her attention as best one could in a place with so many new stimuli, Kihlesa turned her gaze toward the imp that was currently flying toward the group.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Benji fingers his flail saying "permission to attack?"
    Last edited by BraveSirRobin; 2013-05-20 at 07:12 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Tanith staggered slightly at the sudden landing and glanced about the wondrous market street as it sprang back to life from what seemed to be a moment of fearful reverence. She examines the inhabitants, beings ranging from plain to exotic, virtuous to infernal yet no one causing any strife or trouble. She liked Sigil already. As the imp took notice of them, she placed a hand on Benji's shoulder, "We're not here for trouble," She reminded him and stepped forward to cautiously address the imp. "Greetings."

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Crooked Warden, it is Nice to be back in the city! The sights, sounds, cutpurses and killers!
    Player Registry and games Here


  28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    "Wellcome. Currently holding about a 50 way chat while trying to get to management by I judge by that your from... Ania's swarm. Hmmph. Means she's gotta stop paying us for holding services, but some coin will be left over... Ok, I'll be being your info imp for the next couple of days. Please, come with me inside, looks like the boss will be sending a avatar because he's busy a moment. Wonder how long it will take to sell that space..."

    Gesturing a little, the imp seems to be a living bundle of energy with it's rushed speech, as he leads you [flying at about walking pace towards the entrance to the pavilion.]

    Passing through the open tent flaps, you see a halfling sitting at a desk, and a variety of minor extraplanars talking to beings of various species.

    Suddenly, Efreeti strides out of one of the side rooms.
    "Next one through."
    A imp guides a well dressed kobold towards the Efreeti, where they retire to the tent.

    "Well come to 'The Wishers Well', don't ask my why it's called a well, I don't really know besides a really bad joke. Any questions before I take you to the boss. Oh, obviously. The boss is just going to be dotting I's and T's in order to end our contract with Ania as to that focus she set up. It work's more than once but we're under the impression that it'll be difficult to use a second time and she's only paying us to provide a guide, me due to might tough luck of being outdoors, once."

    At a fair bit slower than walking pace now, the Imp begins to lead you through the interconnected tents that seem to be a hallway.

    "So, any questions you want to ask before seeing the boss that might be pertinent to that. You can ask about Sigil later but let’s get the contract done first."
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    Who exactly Is the boss? Better- what is he?
    Player Registry and games Here


  30. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Reseeding the Swarm [IC]

    "Tiefling actually... Apparently he was considering becoming a Elan a while ago but, again a rumour, he instead wound up using a variety of Ioun stones. Something about him wanting to rise to Golorion godhood or something, but not wanting to just yet.... But those are all rumours you can ask later. As to who. We know him as 'The Chain that Binds'. Doesn't give his real name to the lower down, and only recently did we learn his real shape. However Ania had a contract with him directly so you will get to see him. Or at least, as much as he shows himself. People of his power level while allowable, he fears his influence will push him beyond the bounds The Lady normally tolerates, and your first warning of if she's annoyed at you is generally a flaying. So, like many others, he just removes himself completely instead of risking it, not that he has to be here."
    Last edited by Erik Vale; 2013-05-20 at 10:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.


    Life is Hectic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •