New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Default Suggestions for running/recruiting for VOIP games

Trying to run this game for my old friends, but i'm having a hard time getting as many players as I feel comfortable with. (Too few and the chemistry fizzles.)
    Any suggestions on how to run an online voice game? Separately, any ideas how to fill the group out a bit more?
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Suggestions for running/recruiting for VOIP games

I'd suggest using Skype and Roll20, which is an amazing online tabletop program that I've used several times and is 100% free. It lets you play music, access a whole bunch of tiles/pictures and maintain a journal right on the same screen. (They also recently added 3D dice rolls!)
    It has a lot of free storage space and players just need to set up a free account and they can join your game easily.
    As for finding players for your game, have a look at the "looking for a GM" section of the forums under "play by post", I'm sure there's plenty of people looking for an online voice game there.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
    - Carl Sagan

Spoiler: Characters I'm Playing
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

I have access to a Ventrilo server, was using rolz. org for dice and Google docs for maps and sheets. It's other issues I'm worried about.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Other issues like?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Not talking over each other, and the awkward silences when i'm shuffling notes and checking what is up next for one thing.