New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Ways IC III

1. - Top - End - #1
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Default Old Ways IC III

The long days of mid-Felmont were some of the hottest in recent memory. The booming border town of Threshold was bursting at the seams with visitors hoping to see the legendary Gnomish Caravan. Tensions seemed high given the heat and crowding, but expanded town guard, supplemented by local groups of hero had managed to keep order.

Baron Sherlane Halaran, Patriarch of Threshold appeared on the balcony of temple facing the market square. Though rarely seen in Threshold proper, the leader beams down on the crowd with grandfatherly affection. He sweeps back his snow-white hair out of his face and begins to speak, his brilliant blue eyes scanning the crowd as he talks. He speaks of the prosperity and piety of the people of Threshold. He urges patience and generosity between locals and visitors. A brief parable is told of a young woman traveler who treated everywhere she visited with the respect and care of a home. She joined each group, even for a short time, as family. Those who treated her well prospered in the years to come and those who treated her poorly reaped what they sowed. The young woman became Tarastia the Just, who legend has it travels the lands even today to test the hospitality of hosts and the respectfulness of visitors. The assembled folk are visibly affected.

The Baron then announced the beginning of the Midsummer Festival and the arrival of the Gnomish Caravan which had manages to arrive in the market square just in time. A number of large, elaborately decorated wagons pulled by beautiful and powerful horses parade into the market square. They parade around the edge of the square until the first wagon returned to the entrance and the many wagons ringed the square. With an immense sound of trumpets and clanging cymbals the wagons opened with a flourish and each becomes a little shop, open to the public to see its wares. As the crowds rush to the various shops at the square's edge, more of the Caravan moves into the center of the square to erect a large tent with a speed borne of great practice. Individual members of the caravan wander out into the city to spread the word about the caravan's arrive and tell bardic tales of its wares and travels.

---
    The day before the Caravan arrives, Ash receives a return letter from her uncle, Lord Bost, commending her on her good work in Threshold. He offers his thoughts on the recent events, and reports being extremely busy fortifying the keep and defending it. Goblins continue to be a problem, but also giants and trolls have come down out of the mountains. His force has fared well so far. The land is fertile and the keep very defensible. But lumbering has been slow and dangerous, and he wonders at the source of all this trouble. He has written separately to Johann to raise whatever reinforcements are necessary and send it to him with one of his other Ostlander friends in command. Lord Bost bids her to enjoy her success and the wonders of the Gnomish Caravan; he will not be in attendance this time around.

----
    Alanna's research, aided by two acolytes, provides considerable information about a powerful being called the Night Spider. With the body of a giant spider, larger than a horse, and the torso and head of a beautiful but evil-looking woman, the Night Spider was worshiped by certain evil beings in Traladara in the years before Karamekian rule. She was known for enslaving entire villages, commanding the walking dead, and birthing evil children of humanoid, spider, and hybrid form. She was also known for her greed and the theft and hoarding of wealth and magic.

A tale tells of an expedition to southern Traladara by Traladaran heroes to recover an artifact known as the Peaceful Periapt, which they believed she had stolen with the cooperation of another great evil, the Roaring Demon. The Traladaran heroes destroyed her many minions and children, fighting through an underground network of tunnels and caverns before battling the Night Spider herself in her lair. The Night Spider escaped through a magical portal after killing all but two of the heroes.

While she was never heard from again, a similar being appeared in the northwest of Traladara, near present day Threshold. It was believed to be one of the Night Spider's children, though some feared it was the Night Spider herself. Village elders cast a great spell to bury the evil and her temple under the earth.

IC for Old Ways Ch. 1
    IC for Old Ways Ch. 2
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2013-05-18 at 12:20 AM.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Old Ways IC III

Nathros takes in the sights and sounds of the festival, perusing the goods brought by the gnomish caravan. In particular he looks out for exotic ales.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

3. - Top - End - #3

The Caravan has exotic versions of nearly everything. Nathros finds ales, some even bottled up like potions, from Thyatis, Rockhome, Alfheim, and elsewhere. One merchant even has some Shire Ale, made by the wee-folk of the west. The merchant also has various foodstuffs, though mostly preserved, from far and wide.

Mycah's armor search becomes more fruitful with the Caravan in town. He finds armors from the desert kingdom to the north ventilated to keep one cool in the heat, from the cold northern reaches insulated to keep one warm, and even some leather armors made of unusual hides some more protective than normal leather armor. The gnomish armorer also has a few armors with unusual, but minor enchantments. He also has a suit of the legendary elven chain, but it is sized for an elf and could only be altered by an elven craftsman to fit Mycah.

The Caravan features some circus-like features, like performing or exotic animals, performers from various cultures, and some carnival games. A seer tells fortunes in perhaps the most elaborately embellished wagon of the bunch, and fine clothing, fabrics, and jewelry from across the land are for sale in one of the largest wagons. One curious wagon sells a number of gnomish machines from small boxes that play music to a box the size of a dog that is claimed to till and plant fields.
    Forum Rules

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Early on the first evening the Caravan is in town, Aditi will go to The Nut, and approach anyone she sees who looks like an adventurer. If no one does (and it occurs to me OOC that the adventurers might not be walking around in town wearing full armor and obvious weapons, though that doesn't occur to Aditi), she'll ask the innkeeper if any of Bost's Rangers are there.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Mycah's armor search becomes more fruitful with the Caravan in town. He finds armors from the desert kingdom to the north ventilated to keep one cool in the heat, from the cold northern reaches insulated to keep one warm, and even some leather armors made of unusual hides some more protective than normal leather armor. The gnomish armorer also has a few armors with unusual, but minor enchantments. He also has a suit of the legendary elven chain, but it is sized for an elf and could only be altered by an elven craftsman to fit Mycah.
    Mycah browses the exotic wares with great interest. Having never seen many of the things on display before, he is suitably amazed by much of it. While the armors designed for the extreme heat and cold of other environments are interesting, he decides there would be little to gain from such things here in Threshold. He approaches one or two of the craftsmen who exhibit leather armors made of various hides he doesn't recognize and talks to them about what he's looking for and inquires about price and his options.

The gnomish armorer is also approached, albeit more carefully.
    "Is that truly elven chain, sir? I've heard tales of such a thing, but never imagined I'd see anything like it here. I'm almost afraid to ask, but how much are you hoping to sell it for? I can see it would need some adjustments to fit me, so I need to take that into consideration. I there even anyone here with the caravan who could do the work?"
    ------------------------
    He also continues his patrols with diligence. When Ash shows interest in joining him he welcomes her to do so. "It's rather nice to get out of the city, to be honest. I'm not used to such a crush of people. It's a bit overwhelming sometimes." He'll chat with her about his past if she's interested and try to be charming, pointing out animals or flowers he sees as they ride.

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

6. - Top - End - #6

Two items seem better than normal leather armor and have stories that suggest they might be. First is a subtle olive-colored armor, which on closer inspection appears to be a lizard scale leather. The armor purchased the hide from a trader recently back from a long sea voyage. The other seems to be ordinary leather armor, but it is claimed to be minotaur leather. This armor was made in the Northern Reaches from a slain minotaur, one of the monstrous and unthinking members of its kind, probably a wizard's creation run amok.

"Ah yes, the elven chain mail. A true treasure of the elves. Made of valuable mithral and ingenious craftsmanship. Elegant and strong, like the elves. This piece came to me in Darokin. An adventuring party had found it in a cavern near Alfheim, and I suspect you'd have to travel to the elves to have it fitted to you, only the elves know the secrets of its making. I suppose I'll have to wait until I'm back in elven lands to sell it, but it certainly makes a fine show piece."

Spoiler
    Show
    The lizard hide is AC 6 and costs 2000 gp. The minotaur hide is magically enchanted to be +1, AC 5 and costs 4500 gp.

The Elven Chain is enchanted to be +1 also, it is AC 5 and is of negligible encumbrance and bulk. It can be work under clothing and be nearly unnoticeable. The mithral it is made of has some intrinsic value as well. It costs 9,000 gp.
    Forum Rules

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

If Aditi approaches her, Alanna, who's wearing her typical temple garb, assumes she's just another adoring townsfolk who wants to hear tales of adventure.
    "Hey there, miss! Come to hear about Bost's Rangers and our daring deeds?"
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Bran wanders around the market in full armor and arms, smiling politely and nodding at visitors to Threshold.

He does not speak much. He just provides a solid and ubiquitous reminder that the town is not without defenders and that crime in Threshold does not pay.

He does look for art and artwork on sale, though, particularly paintings.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrsMustard View Post
    If Aditi approaches her, Alanna, who's wearing her typical temple garb, assumes she's just another adoring townsfolk who wants to hear tales of adventure.
    "Hey there, miss! Come to hear about Bost's Rangers and our daring deeds?"
    "Something like that...You're one of Bost's Rangers? Actually, I was wondering if I might be able to join you. I came to town with the Gnomish Caravan, but they're not exactly a band of adventurers."
    Aditi is visibly somewhat nervous, but hopeful.

10. - Top - End - #10

Alanna's pleasantly surprised at the prospect of someone else, especially another girl, joining the group. She glances around, looking for Ash.
    "Yeah, I am. Alanna Nightengale, resident healer."
    She gestures toward her robes and holds out a hand.
    "I'm not the leader… see that redhead with the short hair over there? That's Ash, and you should probably see her. But when you talk to her, don't call the group 'Bost's Rangers.' She likes to call us the 'Vigilant Companions.' Never hurts to get on Ash's good side."
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros samples the exotic ales and generally tries to pass a pleasant afternoon before heading back to the Nut.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

12. - Top - End - #12

RangerGuy

Two items seem better than normal leather armor and have stories that suggest they might be. First is a subtle olive-colored armor, which on closer inspection appears to be a lizard scale leather. The armor purchased the hide from a trader recently back from a long sea voyage. The other seems to be ordinary leather armor, but it is claimed to be minotaur leather. This armor was made in the Northern Reaches from a slain minotaur, one of the monstrous and unthinking members of its kind, probably a wizard's creation run amok.

"Ah yes, the elven chain mail. A true treasure of the elves. Made of valuable mithral and ingenious craftsmanship. Elegant and strong, like the elves. This piece came to me in Darokin. An adventuring party had found it in a cavern near Alfheim, and I suspect you'd have to travel to the elves to have it fitted to you, only the elves know the secrets of its making. I suppose I'll have to wait until I'm back in elven lands to sell it, but it certainly makes a fine show piece."

Spoiler
    Show
    The lizard hide is AC 6 and costs 2000 gp. The minotaur hide is magically enchanted to be +1, AC 5 and costs 4500 gp.

The Elven Chain is enchanted to be +1 also, it is AC 5 and is of negligible encumbrance and bulk. It can be work under clothing and be nearly unnoticeable. The mithral it is made of has some intrinsic value as well. It costs 9,000 gp.
    "Ah, yes. Alfheim. I don't expect I'll be travelling that far and seeing any elven smiths anytime soon, even if I could afford such a wondrous item. Thank you though. That greenish leather there, that I might be more interested in," he points at the lizardskin armor. "A bit more gold than I'd been hoping to spend, though. Perhaps we can come an agreement for something a bit more reasonable?"

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

13. - Top - End - #13

The festival is quite enjoyable and people seem to be keeping things civil. Loud haggling and horseplay is kept to a minimum by the seemingly ever-present town guards, most of which the party doesn't recognize.

---

Brandon finds the Caravan's art dealer and is instantly reminded of Montague Summers curiosities shop on Fogor Isle. He happy shows Brandon a few paintings, apologizing that there are not more. "Such realism and vibrancy, but they do not travel so well, and few have the skills to paint. Carvings and even tapestries are more traditional and durable. Still, I have a few you might be interested in." He shows Brandon to four paintings: a seascape at sunset, a dense sylvan scene, a battle scene with many small figures arrayed across a battlefield before a great mountain range, and a lone figure with his back to the viewer standing against a great red dragon. The dragon seems to be looking past the man and directly at the viewer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prices: 10 gp, 50 gp, 200 gp, and 300 gp. He can provide some background about the painter, scene depicted, etc., if desired.

He also has a variety of carvings, tapestries, some pottery, jewelry, and miscellaneous art.

---
    Nathros finds the ales well-cared for and good quality. Expensive, but then rare treasures often are. The Nut is busier than ever, and Nathros finds some of the same patrons there as at the Caravan's beverage cart earlier. He also spies Alanna speaking to one of many visitors.

---
    Mycah finds the armorer somewhat reluctant to alter his price. He pleads rarity, perhaps even uniqueness given the item's overseas origin. He can be bargained down to 1750 gp
    Forum Rules

14. - Top - End - #14

RangerGuy

Mycah finds the armorer somewhat reluctant to alter his price. He pleads rarity, perhaps even uniqueness given the item's overseas origin. He can be bargained down to 1750 gp
    Mycah haggles back and forth with the merchant until they settle upon the 1750gp. All in all he seems satisfied with his efforts given his lack of experience at such things.
    "Done." He shakes hands on the deal and gives the man a small sack of 50 gold, with the promise he'll return shortly with the balance. "Should anyone else inquire, you can tell them that one of Bost's Rangers has claimed it. The locals should know who that means."

He'll make his way as quickly as he can to Lord Bost's manor and collect the full amount he has stored there, then return to the marketplace and pay the balance owed and collect his new armor. He'll then make his way to the Nut, and his rooms there to change into it so that he can show it off to the others. He'd never say as much out loud, but she's hopeful Ash will like the way it looks on him.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

While Ash rode with Mycah, she wasn't particularly chatty for her part, but she listened with interest as he spoke and she asked occasional questions so that he may elaborate. Of course, she still kept her eyes watchful of her surroundings in case any threats arose while they were scouting.
    After, she thanked him for letting her ride with him as they tied up their horses.

---

Ash was in a good mood while the festivities took place. She soaked in the change in her surroundings with interest, especially toward the new equipment available and anything magical that might aid in her travels, though there's always a great price for such items. Through all this, however, she made sure to not let her guard down as she held some suspicion that something awful might still take place - in spite of her groups' diligence in their efforts to silence the would be disruptor's that were mentioned in the documents acquired from the Fangs.

---

At The Nut on the second night of the caravan's arrival, when Mycah had showed off his new scaled armor, Ash couldn't help but notice and remark, "That must have cost a hefty sum. I'll bet it's rather comfortable on horseback and when traversing the wilds. It does seem to protect your vitals better than your previous armor. I quite approve." She smiled a little, then nodded while thinking, Excellent, sensible self-preserving forethought.

16. - Top - End - #16

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaera View Post
    ASH
    At The Nut on the second night of the caravan's arrival, when Mycah had showed off his new scaled armor, Ash couldn't help but notice and remark, "That must have cost a hefty sum. I'll bet it's rather comfortable on horseback and when traversing the wilds. It does seem to protect your vitals better than your previous armor. I quite approve." She smiled a little, then nodded while thinking, Excellent, sensible self-preserving forethought.
    Mycah's brow furrows in confusion as he tries to decide if she really approves of his purchase or not.
    "Well, yes, it did cost quite a bit, but I guess I haven't had much else to spend my share of our treasure on. I can't wear all that heavy, confining armor the rest of you can, so it seemed worth it. I think it will offer a bit of camouflage in the woods too. Blend in a bit better than regular leather."

Once (or if) Alanna brings Aditi over and introduces her, Mycah listens with interest. "Welcome to Threshold, Aditi. I'm Mycah, our resident scout, I suppose you'd say." As she isn't armored like the group's fighters, he finally asks, "What do you, uh, do? I'm guessing you aren't a warrior by your dress. Are you a mage, or a priestess like Alanna here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Roland, I've updated by character sheet to reflect the armor purchase and rejigger my remaining money. The old armor I guess he can stash at his "cabin" when he gets a chance.

I'll work through sharing his new digs with the others here shortly. I don't see Mycah as the type to keep such a useful secret from the group - he'd feel he could count on them not to betray the secret entrusted in him by Mrs. Bor.

<ooh, secrets!>

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Bran looks covetously at the artwork, particularly at the one depicting a red dragon.

"Who is the artist for that one, the one with the dragon? Does he live anywhere near?"

Bran also looks for any merchants selling interesting plants that can be cultivated, particularly magical or medicinal plants.

If he fails to find any live plants, he is also interested in herbal products such as teas or powders with interesting or useful properties.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

On spotting Alanna, Nathros makes his way over to her and remarks "You have to admit, this is damn well better than spending nights in the woods with nought to drink but river water and only hard tack or what you can catch to eat! It is just a pity that there is such a relative dearth of dwarf maids in Threshold, no offence to you and yours, of course. Still, lots of new faces in town, speaking of which ..."

19. - Top - End - #19

Alanna's pleasantly surprised at the prospect of someone else, especially another girl, joining the group. She glances around, looking for Ash.
    "Yeah, I am. Alanna Nightengale, resident healer."
    She gestures toward her robes and holds out a hand.
    "I'm not the leader… see that redhead with the short hair over there? That's Ash, and you should probably see her. But when you talk to her, don't call the group 'Bost's Rangers.' She likes to call us the 'Vigilant Companions.' Never hurts to get on Ash's good side."
    "Thank you." Aditi smiles and shakes hands, relieved that the other woman is as welcoming as she is. Then she turns to look toward Ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koren n'Rhys View Post
    Once (or if) Alanna brings Aditi over and introduces her, Mycah listens with interest. "Welcome to Threshold, Aditi. I'm Mycah, our resident scout, I suppose you'd say." As she isn't armored like the group's fighters, he finally asks, "What do you, uh, do? I'm guessing you aren't a warrior by your dress. Are you a mage, or a priestess like Alanna here?"
    (If Alanna introduces her to Mycah:) "I'm pleased to meet you, and thanks. Ah, my training covered stealthy combat techniques, lockpicking, and some acrobatic feats."
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    On spotting Alanna, Nathros makes his way over to her and remarks "You have to admit, this is damn well better than spending nights in the woods with nought to drink but river water and only hard tack or what you can catch to eat! It is just a pity that there is such a relative dearth of dwarf maids in Threshold, no offence to you and yours, of course. Still, lots of new faces in town, speaking of which ..."
    "Hello! My name's Aditi."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Glad to make your acquaintance. What is it that brings you to Threshold and the Nut?"

21. - Top - End - #21

RangerGuy

Mycah quirks an eyebrow at Aditi's response. "Seems like we might have quite a bit in common then, though I can't say I'm much for acrobatics. Sounds interesting!"

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

When Mycah mentioned the potential camouflage of his armor, Ash seemed even more impressed. "Even better," she grinned.

---

When Ash turned around after ordering a round of standard brew for her group and saw her companions wandered over to where Alanna was, she moseyed over to see what they were all discussing. Likely, everyone was standing due to the crowded atmosphere at The Nut lately.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hahah, Alanna, well spoken on the introduction of Ash. She would have been pleased with her attention to detail regarding the name of the group.
    Finally a chance to meet someone without any preconceptions based on her status.

23. - Top - End - #23

Alanna's pleased to be so close to the center of attention.
    "Hi, guys! Ash, Aditi here says she wants to — oh, why don't you tell her?" She thumps Aditi jovially on the back.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Brandon finds no living plants for sale, but he does find an alchemist/herbalist merchant selling a wide variety of teas, poultices, dried herbs, smokeable weeds, and so forth. Some offer merely exotic flavors but others are purported to draw out poisons, cure illnesses, calm nerves and so forth. Priced as rare luxuries for most, to the wealthy young fighter they were plenty affordable. The merchant hints at magical items for healing and such, and offers prices similar to what Brandon encountered at Enigmas.

----

The Nut bustles with activity and the noise level rises as the patrons enjoy the fine beverages. It is apparent to anyone who listens that all manner of commerce, gossip, and even adventure planning is going on in this upscale travelers' inn. The group can be gathered to meet Aditi and while the crowd is less deferential now that so many out-of-town visitors have arrived, the larger or still-mailed members of the party can easily carve out table to accommodate the whole party.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2013-05-22 at 11:33 PM.
    Forum Rules

25. - Top - End - #25

Alanna's pleased to be so close to the center of attention.
    "Hi, guys! Ash, Aditi here says she wants to — oh, why don't you tell her?" She thumps Aditi jovially on the back.
    "I was hoping to join the Vigilant Companions." She smiles at Ash rather nervously. "I haven't been adventuring very long, but I've done well so far."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ASH

Ash let everyone get seated at a table and poured the drink for them to their mugs while she gave Aditi a polite nod of acknowledgment accompanied by a gesture to sit, "We have just hired a new mage already and we have a good number of warriors. What is it you can offer? And, are you willing to primarily remember caution and forethought over careless bravado? We are the Vigilant Companions after all - A.K.A. Bost's Rangers. Of course, you'd still be expected to offer what help you can whenever possible - just like any of us."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Brandon Bor

Bran looks very interested at the mentions of medicinal herbs. As both a farmer and adventurer, he can't think of anything he'd like more.

"How much for each dose of the herbs that draw out poison, calm nerves, and cure illness?"

"How is each prepared and given to the patient? All the details you can tell me."

Bran also looks to see if the Gnomish Caravan is selling barding, though he does not have much hope of finding barding ready-made for his fantastic new warhorse.

28. - Top - End - #28

The art dealer tells Brandon the artist is Mary LeLorre, the wife of the colonel in command of Castellan Keep, a remote outpost in northern Karameikos. Mary denied every having seen a dragon, let alone such a stunning scene, in person, but it came to her in a vision.

The alchemist can offer Brandon three doses of each at 10 gp per dose. He gives full instructions on how to make poultice to apply directly to a poisoned bite or sting, how to slowly burn the calming herbs and inhale the smoke, and how to make a strong tea to fend off illness.

Finally, he finds no barding for sale, "we'd put it on our own horses, but it's much too heavy, especially for the mountain passes and heavy loads they pull. And it's too heavy to carry around for the rare customer with both a need and the good sense to protect his horse."
    ----
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2013-05-23 at 05:47 PM.
    Forum Rules

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaera View Post
    ASH

Ash let everyone get seated at a table and poured the drink for them to their mugs while she gave Aditi a polite nod of acknowledgment accompanied by a gesture to sit, "We have just hired a new mage already and we have a good number of warriors. What is it you can offer? And, are you willing to primarily remember caution and forethought over careless bravado? We are the Vigilant Companions after all - A.K.A. Bost's Rangers. Of course, you'd still be expected to offer what help you can whenever possible - just like any of us."
    "I'm trained in stealthy fighting techniques, lockpicking, and the like. I'm good at caution and foresight." She seems rather amused as she says the second sentence, though her primary attitude is still one of anxiety. "I'll certainly help however I can."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Nathros addresses Aditi. "I will not lie to you, it is a dangerous life and you are like to end up dead as not in our company. We are not mercenaries. Rather, we fight in the service of Lord Bost against enemies within and without for the good of the free peoples hereabouts. Of course, such service can potentially be rewarding," he adds with a wink.