Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hee, please do.
    (Is playing a Pegasus Knight//Dark Mage)
    Well, it got accepted.

    Also, I think all this should probably be moved to PMs, as it's kinda not on topic at all anymore.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hee. ^^ (snuggle)
    Nipah~! *snuggles* :3

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Meeep (hides under Glorious Solar Desk)
    Ufufu... don't hide from me, Lixie... I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to bask in your cuteness...
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Usaki City, Syona
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    CHANGES
    Damage nerfed from 1d8 to 1d6 on the basic tomes, and from 12d8 to 9d6 on the strongest.
    Tomes are now touch attacks, but allow SR.
    You can no longer take one level of an emblem class, then wizard 19, and have 9th level spells and +19/+14/+9/+4 tomes.

    Reasons:
    12d8 looks really scary, even if damage is becoming irrelevant by that level.
    Magic should not be stopped by heavy armor. It should be stopped by magical wards.
    If you want to focus on tomes, you should focus on tomes.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    CHANGES
    Damage nerfed from 1d8 to 1d6 on the basic tomes, and from 12d8 to 9d6 on the strongest.
    Tomes are now touch attacks, but allow SR.
    You can no longer take one level of an emblem class, then wizard 19, and have 9th level spells and +19/+14/+9/+4 tomes.

    Reasons:
    12d8 looks really scary, even if damage is becoming irrelevant by that level.
    Magic should not be stopped by heavy armor. It should be stopped by magical wards.
    If you want to focus on tomes, you should focus on tomes.
    *pout* If you're going to decrease the damage, at least increase the range... >.>

    Also, do the Tomes count as any spell school for the purposes of abilities that selectively increase your CL for penetrating SR?

    ...uh, Wizard has poor BAB. With Dark Mage 1/Wizard 19, you would only get +9/4.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Usaki City, Syona
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Range is meant to be low!

    It should probably be evocation, will edit.

    BAB equal to caster level.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Range is meant to be low!

    It should probably be evocation, will edit.

    BAB equal to caster level.
    Would things like Far Shot and distant weapon improve the Tome's range? Because they aren't range increments, they're just a range.

    Awesome. Now beguiler's stuff gives bonuses. :3

    Ah, right. Nevermind... >.>

    Also, what's it mean by "only a master can make iterative attacks"? Master is never precisely defined in the link.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Usaki City, Syona
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Well, sure... I generally forget increments even exist.

    Heh.

    Master doesn't have a special meaning. It says who gets iterative attacks in the line following that..
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Well, sure... I generally forget increments even exist.

    Heh.

    Master doesn't have a special meaning. It says who gets iterative attacks in the line following that..
    Should put something to that effect then.

    Ah. Perhaps I should read things more carefully... >.<

    With the damage decreases... 1) d4 goes to d3 and 2) 9d2 is absolutely pitiful. I see absolutely no reason why you would even bother with Light tomes now. I'd recommend having them be: 1d8, 2d8, 4d8, 6d8, 10d8. That ways the number of dice that it increases by increases by one each step up. ...please indulge your secretary's OCD on this one... :3
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Usaki City, Syona
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Should put something to that effect then.

    Ah. Perhaps I should read things more carefully... >.<

    With the damage decreases... 1) d4 goes to d3 and 2) 9d2 is absolutely pitiful. I see absolutely no reason why you would even bother with Light tomes now. I'd recommend having them be: 1d8, 2d8, 4d8, 6d8, 10d8. That ways the number of dice that it increases by increases by one each step up. ...please indulge your secretary's OCD on this one... :3
    Already edited in.

    Likely.

    Yeah, okay, I'll put d3 back in.

    And you'd use Light because you can twf them. So, instead of 9d3, you're actually doing 18d3.
    And... no it doesn't? 1>2 is +1, 2>4 is +2, 4>6 is +2 again and then 6>10 is +4. OCD would be 1/2/3/4, going 1/2/4/7/11
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: Tomes-Arcane Weapons from Fire Emblem [d&d 3.5]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Already edited in.

    Likely.

    Yeah, okay, I'll put d3 back in.

    And you'd use Light because you can twf them. So, instead of 9d3, you're actually doing 18d3.
    And... no it doesn't? 1>2 is +1, 2>4 is +2, 4>6 is +2 again and then 6>10 is +4. OCD would be 1/2/3/4, going 1/2/4/7/11
    ...oh, right. Apparently I can't add today. >.>

    Keep it as is then.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •