Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Isles of Nėnt'le OoC

Welcome to the OoC thread for the guinea pig test run first game using my homebrew setting and races!
    Big 16:
    Spoiler
    Show
    -D&D 3.5 will always have a special place in my heart, so that's what we're using. A couple of rules in my homebrew setting (like ability score adjustment) overrule the RaW.
    -The setting is a homebrew, found here. Expect lots of city adventures.
    -I'm looking for 5 or 6 players, though 4 or 7 may be acceptable depending on the individuals.
    -You'll be starting out with 1st-level characters.
    -Eh, let's say that everyone starts out with 1000 gp.
    -Classes and races are outlined in the homebrew.
    -For ability scores, take the best 3 of 4d6.
    -We're using the 9-alignment system. I'm not too strict, but I'd like to avoid CE or CN characters unless they're roleplayed well.
    -Multiclassing is fine by me.
    -I'll make most of the rolls on my own. During combat you can roll for attack and damage.
    -All the rules are either in the SRD or the link above.
    -Provide a couple paragraphs or more of character background. Have fun with it! (It would probably be wise for most of the characters to end up in the capital city.)
    -This is a roleplay-centered campaign.
    -I won't ban third-party stuff, but I'd really rather you keep it simple. At least at first.

Did you read the Big 16? If not, I advise you read it. The link to my homebrewed setting is in the spoiler box.
    Post Guidelines:
    - Use colored text for character speech and thoughts. Italicize thoughts.
    - Past tense, third person for actions.
    - Make rolls in spoiler boxes.
    - Name your rolls if you can.
    Ability scores:
    [roll]4 d 6 b 3[/roll] without the spaces will give you the best 3 rolls of 4d6.
    RP Sample:
    "Bluff, bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid ogre!" sang Elan. He loved being a bard. Singing to buff his friends was the greatest. I wonder why Roy's so irritated, he thought.
    Interest:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Samshiir
    Nevets

Players:
    Rolep: Fiachra Laughlin
    Shockseh: Synnöve
    Waitingnomad: Marcellus Lockwood
    GameSpawn: Jailyn Wavemaker
    brett: Sinvel Highsilver
    bcool999: Eidolon
    PolloMark: Magno

IC Thread
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2013-07-06 at 11:00 AM.
    I do avatars. Feel free to PM me!
    Do you like silly games of chance? Come be a Greedy Pig!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Isles of Nėnt'le OoC

Character Sheet Template
    [Character Name]
    [gender][alignment][race][class]
    [age][height][weight]
    [level][XP][HP][AC]
    [money]
    Speech Color
    Stats
    STR: number (modifier)
    DEX: number (modifier)
    CON: number (modifier)
    INT: number (modifier)
    WIS: number (modifier)
    CHA: number (modifier)
    Equipment:*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stuff goes here.

Skills:*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skills go here.
    [skill name][number of ranks]

Feats:*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feats go here.

Spells known, if applicable:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level [number]
    Spell Name

Spells prepared, if applicable:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level [number]
    Spell Name

Deity, if applicable: [name(s)][domains]
    Saves:
    Fortitude [+number]
    Reflex [+number]
    Will [+number]
    BAB: [+number]
    Familiar or animal companion, if applicable:
    [name], [race]
    Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Include pigmentation, build, clothing, and sigil if elf.

Character Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Go nuts.

*Equipment, skills, and feats should be alphabetized.
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2013-06-02 at 04:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I should be less surprised that someone just posted that none of the descendents of a black dragon can ever be good than I am.

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

NecromancerGuy

I am not promising anything but this looks like it might be interesting. I'm going to give it some more thought but I may make a character.

4. - Top - End - #4

Heh, thanks! If you decide not to, I understand, but if you choose to stick with it I hope to be able to make this fun for everyone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Posting interest, will start working on a character and get it up soon.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Posting interest as well, though I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a character sheet up.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

7. - Top - End - #7

All right, I've added a spoiler box with everyone who's posted interest in this thread or in PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

NecromancerGuy

I think that I will join you. I haven't plays D&D in a wee while so this'll be interesting!

I do not fully understand sigils. Could you please explain their mechanics in more detail? Thanks in Advance.

Here is my character sheet. I am continuing to edit it with little Ideas that I keep having.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiachra Laughlin ('A raven from the land of the lochs' in gaelic)
    [Alignment: CN (if permitted) otherwise N][Ground Elf][Fighter]
    [Age: (6d6+110)[123]][height: (3d6+133)[142]cm][weight: (3d6+50)[58]kg]
    [Level: 1][XP: 0][HP: 12][AC: 15]
    [money: 22.1gp]
    Stats

Str: 20 (+5)
    Dex: 6 (-2)
    Con: 15 (+2)
    Int: 14 (+2)
    Wis: 9 (-1)
    Cha: 12 (+1)

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Masterwork Spiked Chain
    Light Crossbow
    10 Bolts
    Dagger
    Half-Plate
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint & Steel
    Hooded Lantern
    3 Pints of Oil
    7 Trail Rations
    Waterskin

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: 2 ranks
    Disguise: 2 ranks
    Knowledge (Local): 2 ranks
    Intimidate: 4 ranks
    Lanuages: Common, Drow, Dwarvish, Halfling

Feats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain
    Weapon Focus: Spiked Chain

Deity, if applicable: [Jiu]
    Saves:
    Fortitude [+4]
    Reflex [-2]
    Will [-1]
    BAB: [+1]

Sigil:A circle bracketed by outward-facing concave lines up and down. Within the circle is a blurry face with a rune carved on the forehead, and within each concave line is an endless spiral illusion. About all these is placed a diamond, and from this flares oout lines that wrap about his forehead.

+2 Disguise
    Prestidigitation At Will
    Disguise Self 1/day

Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His skin is pale, like a typical ground elf, and his hair is bleached blond and cropped short. His body is in very good shape, with muscles pushed tight against his skin. His hands are large and callused, with thick, clumsy fingers. He is short of limb in comparison with his torso, which is broad and thick. He plants his feet flat against the ground, regardless of terrain. He is not ugly, with a narrow jawline and bright lips. His eyes rarely focus on anything, and always avoid looking people in the eye. On the rare instant that someone does get a look, they are a pale, washed-out, watery blue.
    His clothing is simple. His unadorned half-plate is designed for functionality, and he wears a plain, grey cloak that drowns his shoulders and covers his face with a hood. His belt is of red leather, and the buckle is large and heavy. His chain is double-linked for strength, and barbs run down its entire length. It hangs by his side in a neat coil, which he fondles constantly. His helm covers his entire head and face, except for his forehead, which he leaves bare. The closest thing to an extravagance on him is his dagger, which has a single line of silver wire worked into the blade. Its scabbard sits behind his cloak, where it is difficult to spot non-magically.

Traits, Habits and Quirks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He speaks in a low, mumbled voice. He speaks in scots, and his speach is slurred. Never kneels or bows lower than the neck, unless doing so is of great importance. Has a limited ability to use manners. Very rarely asserts his opinion. Points and directs with his left hand, even though he is right-handed. Sings nonsense poems when bored. Has an interest in local goings-on and customs. Enjoyed creating complex plans, but does not always carry them out; sometimes he just does his own thing.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ara was born in the village of Dunness, a small, backwater mining village in the Durkadurkastan Mountains. His mother is called Cailin and his father has the name Iain. He was a normal villager who made a name for himself in the village from his strength. He was frequently tasked with carrying heavy loads of ore and mining through the tougher veins of rock. However, he did not always work hard; he did his own thing most of the time, and few could tell him what to do.
    Then, when he was 86, Iain got into an argument with Innes, one of the other villagers, over who owned a chunk of ore. Innes killed Iain with his pickaxe. The elder, Donald, had him arrested, but Ara was devastated. He threw himself into his work, spending all of his time in the mines. He also spent one hour every day praying before Iain’s grave, which was carved from the piece of ore over which he and Innes had been fighting.
    When he was 92, he overheard two of the villagers, Craig and Alleyne, commenting that they were glad that Iain had died, because it had made Ara work much harder, meaning that the village produced more ore and made more money. In protest, Ara immediately stopped working and spent all his time wandering the village and the surrounding tunnels and praying at Iain’s grave. His takes a strong dislike to the other villagers, and all ties of friendship that he had were broken. The only person whose presence he abided was Cailin, who brought him food and tried to persuade him to return to work.
    One night, twenty-four days after his 102nd birthday, Cailin came to him and told him that she and some of the villagers were running away. He decided to join them. They fled with all of the village’s wealth and resources, setting a trail for the large Ground Elf city of Strathinver. Along the way they were beset by goblin raiders, which Ara helped to fend off. He waspraised by his fellows as an excellent warrior.
    Upon arrival in the city they soldthe goods, and he and Cailin settled down in a small house. They spent most of their share of the profits on enrolling him into Claymore school of the fighting arts. He trained there, growing ever more skilled, for eighteen years. After this, Dougal, his training master, informed him that if he wanted to learn more he needed to put his knowledge to practice, and so left the school.
    Driven by Dougal’s words, he returned to Dunness where, even though they knew that he had taken their wealth, the villagers welcomed him, fearing his strength. He went to pray at Iain’s grave, guilty that he had not done so for eighteen-and-a-half years, and found it sundered in two. Upon demanding who did the act, he was informed by Donald that they had been attacked by the nearby village of Aberbrae, and that they had caused the damage. Furious, he went to seek his revenge.
    Upon arrival, the petrified villagers cowered from him. When he demanded to know who had done it, their elder, Argyl, informed him that they had done no such thing. He then elaborated that the wealth-deprived villagers of Dunness had made an alliance with goblin raiders, and had been pillaging the surrounding villages. They begged him to help, and he obliged, since he was angry at the villagers of Dunness for lying to him.
    He returned to Dunness and razed it. He then began to launch attacks at the raiders, urged on by the support and love of the villagers. He enjoyed the fame and the spotlight, and relished the chance to put his fighting skills to practice. He took up the spiked chain to symbolize the freedom that he was giving the villages. By the time that he was 122 he had driven them out from the region entirely. He took the wealth of the goblins, and the villages showered him with praise and meagre rewards.
    However, he was growing tired of fame. He could not get rid of it, so he decided to leave. Still, he wanted to keep his sword-arm active, and his reputation drove him to take up a job as a mercenary adventurer. He returned to Strathinver to seek Cailin, but she was not there. No one knew where she had gone, and so he left for the capital city of Bıv for adventure.

Last edited by Rolep; 2013-06-01 at 03:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Rolep View Post
    I do not fully understand sigils. Could you please explain their mechanics in more detail?
    Alignment: CN (if permitted) otherwise N][Ground Elf][Fighter]
    Saves:
    Fortitude [+number]
    Reflex [+number]
    Will [+number]
    BAB: [+number]
    1. All elves have magic, so come up with one kind of talent she'll (I think?) have. Come up with a skill to get a bonus on and maybe an at will ability and/or 1/day ability. If you don't want to describe the sigil, just list what it means. If you have any more questions, just ask.
    2. You don't need the brackets, those were my stylistic choice to indicate "information goes here."
    3. CN is OK, as long as it's not "hurr durr I can do whatever I want" *takes off clothes and throws equipment in river*, which is why I said to avoid CE and CN.
    4. Since you've chosen fighter, put down the saves and BAB for a level 1 fighter. Don't forget your bonus feat!
    5. When you can, roll for ability scores and HP (fighter is d10 IIRC) in another post. Then purchase equipment with the 1000 gold you have. You can use as much or as little as the gold. When you come up with your backstory, feel free to mention how Fiachra happened upon the money!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

(4d6)[5][6][6][5](22)
    (4d6)[2][1][1][6](10)
    (4d6)[4][1][2][6](13)
    (4d6)[3][6][5][3](17)
    (4d6)[2][5][1][2](10)
    (4d6)[4][4][6][2](16)

11. - Top - End - #11

NecromancerGuy

1. All elves have magic, so come up with one kind of talent she'll (I think?) have. Come up with a skill to get a bonus on and maybe an at will ability and/or 1/day ability. If you don't want to describe the sigil, just list what it means. If you have any more questions, just ask.
    I think I get it. I'll find a place for it on the chara sheet.

CN is OK, as long as it's not "hurr durr I can do whatever I want" *takes off clothes and throws equipment in river*, which is why I said to avoid CE and CN.
    I'm thinking Ara (his nickname) will be more a 'the rules keep the rabble in check, but I can't be bothered with them. I'll just do my own thing, and let common sense rule' kind of chara.

roll for ability scores and HP (fighter is d10 IIRC)
    Are we doing the 'max HP at first level' rule or not?

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

(4d6)[4][4][6][6](20)
    (4d6)[5][3][2][4](14)
    (4d6)[6][1][3][1](11)
    (4d6)[2][6][3][5](16)
    (4d6)[2][6][6][3](17)
    (4d6)[1][2][4][3](10)

13. - Top - End - #13

I'm thinking Ara (his nickname) will be more a 'the rules keep the rabble in check, but I can't be bothered with them. I'll just do my own thing, and let common sense rule' kind of chara.
    Are we doing the 'max HP at first level' rule or not?
    1. That sounds fair enough. *totally won't make a "mistaken gender" running gag* *no, really, I won't*
    2. Sure. Just make sure to adjust it according to whatever his CON ends up being.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

(4d6)[1][3][5][3](12)
    (4d6)[1][3][4][2](10)
    (4d6)[1][2][5][2](10)
    (4d6)[2][4][4][6](16)
    (4d6)[4][3][4][4](15)
    (4d6)[6][4][1][4](15)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Here’s that character sheet. Not finished, but that’s what the edit button is for. Please tell me if something's wrong since it's literally my first DnD character. Ever.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Synnöve
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral || Human || Wizard (no specialization)
    Age: 19 || Gender: Female || Height: 167 cm || Weight: 69 kg
    Level: 1 || 0 XP || 6 HP || 11 AC
    855gp

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR: 8 Mod: -1
    DEX: 12 Mod: +1
    CON: 9 Mod: -1
    INT: 14 Mod: +2
    WIS: 12 Mod: +1
    CHA: 14 Mod: +2

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show

Gear:
    Backpack (1 kg) x 1
    Bedroll (2 kg)
    Candles (— kg) x 10
    Components Pouch (1 kg) x 1
    Flint and Steel (— kg) x 1
    Ink (— kg) x 1
    Inkpen (— kg) x 1
    Parchment (— kg) x 10
    Sack (.5 kg) x 1
    Spellbook (1.5 kg) x 1
    Trail Rations (.5 kg) x 6
    Waterskin (2 kg) x 1
    Weapons:
    Quarterstaff (2kg)
    Total Weight in Equipment: 13 kg

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show

Skill Point total to spend for a wizard is (2 + (INT Mod)) x 4, so 16… but with human bonus it becomes 20 points.
    Asterisks denote a Class Skill.
    (*)Skill (Ability) = [Ability Mod + Ranks] = Skill Rank

Appraise (Int) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Balance (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Bluff (Cha) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Climb (Str) = -1 + 0 = -1
    *Concentration (Con) = -1 + 3 = 2
    *Craft (Int) = 2 + 2 = 4
    *Decipher Script (Int) = 2 + 3 = 5
    Diplomacy (Cha) = 2 + 1 = 3
    Disable Device (Int) = 2 + 1 = 3
    Disguise (Cha) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Escape Artist (Dex) = 1 + 1 = 2
    Forgery (Int) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Gather Information (Cha) = 2 + 2 = 4
    Handle Animal (Cha) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Heal (Wis) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Hide (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Intimidate (Cha) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Jump (Str) = -1 + 1 = 0
    *Knowledge (Int) = 2 + 1 = 3
    Listen (Wis) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Move Silently (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Open Lock (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Perform (Cha) = 2 + 0 = 1
    *Profession (Wis) = 1 + 1 = 2
    Ride (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Search (Int) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Sense Motive (Wis) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Sleight of Hand (Dex) = 2 + 0 = 2
    Speak Language (none) = 0 + 0 = 0
    *Spellcraft (Int) = 2 + 2 = 4
    Spot (Wis) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Survival (Wis) = 1 + 0 = 1
    Swim (Str) = -1 + 0 = -1
    Tumble (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1
    *Use Magic Device (Cha) = 2 + 2 = 4
    Use Rope (Dex) = 1 + 0 = 1

Feats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Toughness
    Spell Penetration

Spells known:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 0 (Cantrips)
    *All of them*
    (Do I really need to type all of them out?)

Level 1
    Charm Person (Ench)
    Magic Missile (Evoc)
    Sleep (Ench)
    Summon Monster (Conj)
    Disguise Self (Illu)

Spells prepared:
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 0 (Cantrips)
    Dancing Lights (Evoc)
    Ray of Frost (Evoc)
    Touch of Fatigue (Necro)
    Level 1
    Magic Missile (Evoc)

Deity, if applicable: None

Saves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude: -1 + 0 = -1
    Reflex: +1 + 0 = 1
    Will: +1 + 2 = 3
    BAB: 0

Languages known:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Common
    Infernal
    Drewnōnen

Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

A shorter, young woman with hair that is of two colours: Red, and white. The red is her natural hair colour, and the white due to fright. Her face's complexion is fair, with few blemishes. Her hands are scarred and scuffed up from the many years of her childhood, and her nails usually dirty and uneven. She sees no reason to make them prim and proper when they'll just return to their old state.
    Her usual garb when she walks down the street is an unclean robe of simple dark cotton, a belt encircling her waist, and a walking stick. She would carry her coinpurse and other important things on the belt if she didn't know better.

Character Bio:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a young girl, Synnöve was not "privileged." Her father was an honest thief who returned what was stolen if caught (which earned him great renown for both manners and skill due to the fact that he seldom returned items) and her mother never known to her. She did not take to her father's work well, considering she almost got the two of them caught several times due to her own follies. One of the incidents scared her so horrifically it made her hair turn white in odd streaks. This did not mean that she didn't look up to him. In fact, she respected and trusted him more than anyone else she met.
    One fateful day, she found her calling when an accident happened at a well-known Wizard's home. It was an accident with a small fire and some noise and a few bits of exploded elf, nothing more. The spellbook was miraculously intact for the lesser part. Synnöve heard the noise, stole to the scene, and knew to take what she could from the scene. The book was still quite valuable, as she knew.
    Instead of selling it, she kept it after finding she could cast the simplest of spells inside the book on the first read-through. After merely a week, every spell in that book was learned. Sadly, the same day she was to show her father her progress, he was murdered for being caught stealing the right loaf of bread from the wrong person. A man by the name of Od, a known associate of the Agōra gang, was responsible. Od attempted to share her father's fate with Synnöve, but after receiving the need to slake his urge to do a strange dance from Synnöve's Dancing Lights, she escaped his murderous wrath.
    On the bright side, it was her seventeenth birthday. One and seven add up to eight, which is coincidentally her favourite number, not to mention an important one in Arcane studies. Following seven, of course.
    After this traumatic experience, she made a pact with herself to not associate herself with gangs or anything of the ilk as well as do whatever she must for the Agōra to be dissolved, be it with violence or semi-peaceful arrest through the always reliable justice system.
    Oh, and she found a pouch of 1000gp on the ground the other day. Yay for her.

I’m not sure if we’re going to need all that gear considering we may not do much travelling. But it’s there anyway.

Edit: Removed the "ALSO" and finished the sheet!

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Shockseh; 2013-07-23 at 11:12 PM. Reason: I FINALLY FOUND OUT HOW MANY SPELLS I CAN GET NORMALLY AND I WAS MISSING ONE

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Shockseh View Post
    ALSO: I’m not sure how wizards learn spells as they gain levels, especially with Level 1 spells (I’m pretty sure she should know more than just two :P). Does it just go “*ding! New level! You now know all level X spells!*” or does one actually need to go out and find the spell to know it? The core rulebook is very vague about it
    For sorcerers (and bards, for that matter), I've always interpreted it as "ding! you now know _____ level X spells!" but wizards have to research their spells.
    IIRC, spell costs are 50 gp per spell level.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

NecromancerGuy

1) Would/Could a Sigil work like this?

+2 Knowledge (local)
    Prestidigitation At Will
    Shield 1/day

Have I understoood the mechanics correctly?

2) What languages do the poeple in this world speak?

3) Speaking of Language, will this be a pure, curse-free adventure or a realistic, swear-filled romp.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-05-28 at 12:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shockseh View Post
    Please tell me if something's wrong since it's literally my first DnD character. Ever.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral || 5 HP |
    Lawful Neutral: Not wrong but if you go lawfull anal I will have to remove the stick from your arse by force
    5HP: I make it 6 (4 from wizard, 3 from toughness, -1 from con)

19. - Top - End - #19

+2 Knowledge (local)
    Prestidigitation At Will
    Shield 1/day
    2) What languages do the poeple in this world speak?
    3) Speaking of Language, will this be a pure, curse-free adventure or a realistic, swear-filled romp.
    1. A sigil should be themed. Any of the three could potentially fit on their own, especially the second two, but they're not cohesive.
    2. Eh, why not go with Common, a Wodåe language (corresponds to Elven), a Tręboere language (corresponds to Sylvan), a Drewnōnen language (corresponds to Drow), a dwarven language, and a halfling language, as well as Draconic and any other languages a player would really feel like including.
    3. I'm not personally the biggest fan of swear words, so try to avoid saying outright anything stronger than "hell" or "damn." Untranslated cuss words from in-universe languages, on the other hand…
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Unfortunately, it does appear that I'm going to have to back out of this, but I do hope the rest of you enjoy it. Ta.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

21. - Top - End - #21

All right. Sorry to see you go, but you do what you have to.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Posting intrest also. My usual party is pretty hack-n'-slash kill-'em-all dungeon delving, so a chance to play an in-city RP game looks pretty sweet.

On the subject of multiclassing, are PrCs an option? And if so, might that extend to include the stylish Swashbuckler? Of course if not, I'm still very much interested in the campaign, and will prepare a character sheet for submission post-haste! :)

Will update as char sheet progresses:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (3d6)[6][4][6](16)
    (3d6)[2][6][5](13)

(4d6)[5][5][1][6](17)
    (4d6)[3][2][1][2](8)
    (4d6)[6][2][1][5](14)
    (4d6)[3][5][4][2](14)
    (4d6)[4][5][6][1](16)
    (4d6)[4][4][3][1](12)
    Last edited by Waitingnomad; 2013-05-31 at 02:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Mythweavers sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=581535
    Name: Marcellus Lockwood
    [Alignment: CN] [Race: Human] [Class: Rogue 1]
    [Age: 19 [123]] [Height: 184cm] [Weight: 83kg]
    [Level: 1][XP: 0] [HP: 9] [AC: 19]
    [Money: 629gp (Rounded up to the nearest gp)]

Stats
    Str: 8 (-1)
    Dex: 21 (+5)
    Con: 16 (+3)
    Int: 14 (+2)
    Wis: 8 (-1)
    Cha: 14 (+2)
    [Tradeoff: +4 DEX (17 base), -4 STR (12 base)]

Equipment:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Come prepared, I always say. Seeing as this is a city RP game, I'm going all-out:
    Dagger 1d4 (4)
    Dart 1d4 (30)
    Sap 1d6 (1)
    Sickle (2)
    Studded leather +3 (1)
    Buckler +1 (1)
    Backpack 2lb (1)
    Bedroll 5lb (1)
    Blanket 3lb (1)
    Tricorn Hat (1)
    Caltrops 2lb (5)
    Chest 25lb (1)
    Crowbar 5lb (1)
    Flask (3) (10)
    Flint/steel (1)
    Grappling hook 4lb (1)
    Ink (1)
    Lantern, hooded 2lb (1)
    Lock 1lb (1)
    Manacles 2lb (1)
    Mirror (1)
    Paper (1)
    Rope (50ft) 5lb (1)
    Sealing wax 1lb (1)
    Disguise kit 8lb (1)
    Thieves' tools, masterwork 2lb (1)
    Artisan's outfit 4lb (1)
    Cleric's vestments 6lb (1)
    Courtier's outfit 6lb (1)
    Entertainer's outfit 4lb (1)
    Peasant's outfit 2lb (1)
    'Fine Garb' 4lb (1)
    Well-made thick wool cloak with silver cloak pin 2lb (1)

Of this, I have equipped on my person:
    Head: Worn Tricorn Hat
    Armour: Studded Leather Armour
    Clothing: Fine Garb
    Cloak: Well made thick wool cloak with silver cloak pin in the shape of a rose.
    Boots: Leather jackboots
    Primary weapon: Two sickles, hanging at the left and right hips in embroidered leather sheaths. The weapons themselves are mostly unadorned, but for a subtly etched patten of rose thorns winding from the hilt up its dull edge. This same pattern is embroidered on the leather of the sheath.
    Secondary weapons: A bandolier of darts hanging across Marcellus' chest; a backup dagger hanging on the right hip.
    Hidden weapons: Various daggers secreted about the body; one concealed in each boot, and one sheathed between the shoulder blades to avoid a pat-down search. A leather sap is also concealed on the right thigh, disguised as part of the armour.
    Shield: A buckler shield is loosely suspended on Marcellus' back for ease of reach when needed. He does not wear it on his arm when not in, or expecting combat.

Skills:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Italics denote class skills. * denote non-class skills.

Skills Ranks Ability Mod Misc Mod Total Mod
    Balance 1 5 +6
    Bluff 4 2 +6
    Diplomacy 4 2 +6
    Disguise 4 2 +6
    Escape Artist 2 5 +7
    Forgery 1 2 +3
    Gather Information 2 2 +4
    Hide 4 5 +9
    Listen 2 -1 +1
    Move Silently 4 5 +9
    Open Lock 4 5 +9
    Search 4 2 +6
    Sense Motive 2 -1 +1
    Spot 2 -1 +1
    UMD 4 2 +6

Appraise 2 2
    Climb -1 -1

*Concentration 3 3
    Craft 2 2
    Decipher Script 2 2
    Disable Device 2 2

*Handle Animal 1 1
    *Heal -1 -1
    Intimidate 1 1
    Jump -1 -1

*Knowledge: Arcana 2 2
    *Knowledge: Architecture 2 2
    *Knowledge: Dungeoneering 2 2
    *Knowledge: Geography 2 2
    *Knowledge: History 2 2
    Knowledge: Local 2 2
    *Knowledge: Nature 2 2
    *Knowledge: Nobility 2 2
    *Knowledge: Religion 2 2
    *Knowledge: The Planes 2 2
    Perform 1 1
    Profession -1 -1

*Ride 5 5
    Sleight of Hand 5 5
    *Speak Language 2 2
    *Spellcraft 2 2
    *Survival -1 -1
    Swim -1 -1
    Tumble 5 5
    Use Rope 5 5

Feats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Light Armor Proficiency (Class Feat)
    Simple Weapon Proficiency (Class Feat)
    Sneak attack (Class Feat)
    Trapfinding (Class Feat)
    Improved Initiative (First Level Feat)
    Two Weapon Fighting (Human Bonus Feat)

Deity, if applicable: [Jģu]
    Saves
    Fortitude [+3]
    Reflex [+7]
    Will [-1]
    BAB: [+0]

Sneak Attack +1d6

Languages Spoken
    Spoiler
    Show
    Common
    Elven (Wodåe)
    Dwarven

Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tall and confident, with mischievous glint in his deep green eyes- perhaps betraying some elven blood mixed in somewhere long down the line of his ancestors. Possessing all the grace and composure of an aristocrat, he holds himself as anything but, lacking all but completely the refined and aloof nature so common to the ruling classes. In the way he speaks- powerfully and charismatically- and moves, like a dancer, one could be forgiven for mistaking him for a bard, but for the dangerous glint in his eye and the twinkle of steel all about his person. His skin is tanned with the rays of the sun, and hides a slight olive hue that betrays his mixed ancestry. His handsome appearance and slim features are offset by a light but muscular physique, and whilst he looks neither out of the ordinary nor entirely of common descent, there is an exotic air about his personage that runs contrary to his pigmentation. His dark brown hair hangs loose and untidy, cut short out of his eyes in a practical, yet still appealing fashion. Armour lies hidden under sleek garments of dark reds and greens, and a simple yet well made cloak fastened with a silver pin falls tossed over his shoulder in debonair flair.

Personality and Character Traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marcellus spends much of his time daydreaming, drinking, partying and wenching. His inhibitions are low, his affinity for trouble high, and for all his charm, dexterity and wit, the cold embrace of a gaol cell is not unknown to him. He loves nothing more than to live his life carelessly and to the absolute fullest, throwing himself into battle and delicate situations with a whistle and reckless abandon. Even when backed into a corner he responds with a joke and a careless comment. He is, at heart, a wild and romantic individual, with a flair for the dramatic even in the most serious of moments. However, he does possess a darker side- on dark stormy nights he can sometimes be found quietly brooding, in remembrance of the night he made his escape and vowed his revenge. The death and dishonouring of his family is still something that weighs heavily on his mind, and when pushed to it he can transform from a happy-go-lucky romantic to a veritable dervish of vengeance. His careless attitude is not an impenetrable shield, and when struck with grief he is likely to resort to jokes and forced playfulness to cover up his pain.
 He knows he is not a good man; his past is too dark for him to ever turn back from his vendetta, and he toes of the line often enough that he can quickly finding himself sweeping across it when the situation demands it, caring little for what property he damaged or who he upsets on the way, and prefers a swift exit to picking up the pieces. Whilst he finds forming relationships easy, they are more often than not superficial, and rarely will he reciprocate the affection that so many people feel towards him. Each town he visits, he leaves a trail of broken hearts (and furniture) in his wake, but rarely does he stay for long.

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Born as the bastard son of a powerful aristocrat and a common whore, he spent his early years growing up amongst drunkards and thieves. When outside of his mother’s oft drunken or opium-hazy gaze, he learned tricks to lower a man’s defences and ply his secrets from the whores. From the local thieves and less savoury customers he traded small favours for lessons on picking both locks and pockets, as well as instruction from the thugs guarding the brothels on how to ‘deal with’ those who may cause him trouble. At the age of 8 his mother passed away from disease; her abused body too weak to fend off its effects, and her lack of funds and distrust of the clergy preventing her from seeking a cure. Her last words to him were to say this: that he was not a bastard, but the true born heir to the Lockwood estate. She explained to him that she, a poor servant girl, caught the eye of the noble Lord Lockwood, and soon found herself with child- a child that the Lord vowed to raise as his own, until the estate was seized from Marcellus’ father by a jealous lord. Lord Lockwood found himself disgraced after being framed him for treason with forged documents. The estate was taken away, the family thrown to the streets without a penny to their name; only the title of Lockwood as a reminder of their lost status. Marcellus’ father, once Lord Lockwood, found his life claimed as he returned to his lost estate to clear his name, only to be put to death as a criminal by the new lord mere weeks before the birth of his son. Marcellus’ mother was reduced to a whore just to support herself and her son- as well as the substance addiction she developed to mask the pains of her losses.

Deprived of her support, and only his surname; the legacy of his father, to go on, he searched around for his lost estate only to be laughed away at the gate- unsurprisingly, of course. He lived on the streets for a number of years, scavenging for scraps of food and practicing the skills he had learned to cut purses for spare change just to sustain himself. At the age of 13 he found employment as the messenger-boy of a local merchant in the employ of the new lord, who provided him with bed and board. Prevented from practicing his skills, he resolved to hone them in secret, often fantasising about ways he may rise to claim his inheritance. Finally possessing a means of income, rather than spend it wisely on training, or saving it, he chose to visit the seedy taverns of his youth, who didn’t care for his age as long as he brought coin. He spent long nights drinking with the same characters he had been surrounded with since his early childhood and thought nothing of it; this was his life. As a result, he often found himself low on coin and so resorted to hiring himself out as a thief or bodyguard, but this never satisfied him- he was bored by the mundanity of it; he was of noble blood! He often fantasised about a life of romance and adventure; protecting princesses and beautiful noblewomen from dastardly highwaymen, who would of course reward him with a kiss for his trouble, rather than long nights in the rain standing guard over lowly merchants and pilfering petty trinkets for pettier thieves.

After a time, at the age of 17, he finally found himself charged with greater responsibilities than simple messenger boy, and eventually ended up as a guard of a valuable caravan of goods owned by the new lord. Left to mind the shipment by the other guards whilst they searched for an inn, he chanced a look inside, to discover a chest filled with valuable trinkets, and a sealed letter. Upon opening it, he read that the shipment was a dowry present from the new lord, as a wedding present between his daughter to ‘the man who would inherit my estate’. Seeing this as his opportunity to finally begin his revenge upon the man who damned his father, the rain pounding the floor behind him, he escaped with the dowry money, leaving nothing behind but a single rose, still bearing its thorns, and a note with the words “The next time we meet, I will not fail, nor will I falter. I will go up to you, who took from me my inheritance, and I will say this: “My name is Marcellus Lockwood. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
    Last edited by Waitingnomad; 2013-06-04 at 07:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

All right, I added you to the list.
    Re: prestige classes, I'm cool with them as long as they're in the SRD or you can provide a link.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Fantastic! I've been waiting for an excuse to use that class

26. - Top - End - #26

Thanks to both of you who put up character descriptions and backstories! Now I can start planning how to integrate you guys…
    EDIT: I'd like to start on either Friday or Saturday. Ideally, I'd like one or two more players for this, so if you know anyone who'd be interested, feel free to steer them this way!
    Also, if you three could select a speech color, that'd be lovely.
    Last edited by MeanMrsMustard; 2013-06-02 at 04:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Either Friday or Saturday would be fine. May I claim purple?

28. - Top - End - #28

Go ahead. It'd totally fit Marcellus.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragons:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGuy

The day's suit me, though in both cases I will not be available all day. Also, note that I work off British time, and am 5 or 6 (can't remember) hours ahead of you. I claim brown for Ara.
    Rules for Luck
    A (failed) Shadowcaster fix
    The Sangolu: mixing D&D's greatest foes
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    60>80
    This, I feel, deserves a quote on its own.
    RAI trumps RAW on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Isn't it annoying when the cocky one is actually right?

30. - Top - End - #30

Also, note that I work off British time, and am 5 or 6 (can't remember) hours ahead of you.
    Likewise. I'm likely to be awake odd hours though, which should help.

Also, @MeanMrsMustard, would you allow Marcellus to take the Daring Outlaw feat (after he multiclasses into Swashbuckler)?

Edit: I've also swapped Martial Weapon Proficiency out for Two Weapon Fighting, and replaced the kukris with sickles, if thats alright.
    Last edited by Waitingnomad; 2013-06-04 at 07:37 PM.
    Avatar by the wonderful MeanMrsMustard