Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [D&D 3.5] Power of Cybernetics: Sci-fi Incarnum

Introduction
    Metroid as Incarnum (MaI) was my first attempt at a new subsystem, based on Magic of Incarnum. The book looked interesting, but I didn't have it, so I made my own system. Anyways, over the course of several months I worked on it, but many of the design decisions I made earlier on felt clunky and restrictive. So I decided I would revise it, fixing the problems and issues I saw, and making as good as it could be. Power of Cybernetics is the result. After over a year of on-again, off-again development in between professional work and university studies, it's now in a good place. I am still expanding it, of course, with new modules, prestige classes, items, and monsters in development.

Power of Cybernetics is essentially a sci-fi version of Magic of Incarnum. It's not exactly the same, of course, but it's very similar. If you are familiar with Incarnum, then it should be very easy to pick up Cybernetics. The majority of the modifications to the core of the system, other than simple renaming, are to remove confusing aspects and to allow for expansion of the core mechanics in new ways. For example, unlike soulmelds, modules aren't shaped/activated on any particular chakra/socket, and unlike binding soulmelds to chakras, attaching modules to sockets does not interfere with magic item usage.

For your convenience, here is an Incarnum to Cybernetics dictionary. Some of the nuances are different between the two systems, but the general principles are the same.

Incarnum Cybernetics
    Essentia Energy
    Soulmeld Module
    Chakra Bind Socket
    Meldshaper Activator
    Shape Activate
    Bind Attach
    Invest Allocate
    Chakras Sockets
    Feet Feet
    Hands Hands
    Crown Helmet
    Arms Arms
    Brow Visor
    Shoulders Back
    Throat Support
    Waist Utility
    Heart Shielding
    Soul Core
    Last edited by Garryl; 2016-03-23 at 12:02 AM.
    A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Power of Cybernetics: Sci-fi Incarnum

Index for Power of Cybernetics
    Due to major changes in both the boards and the formatting I'm using, I can't conveniently mirror the index here on GitP. You can find the new Power of Cybernetics material and index on Min Max Forum.

If you have any question or comments, you can post them in the Min Max Forum discussion thread or here in the GitP discussion thread. You can see a list of changes in the change log.

You can view what special effects and statistical benefits are available from modules in a convenient spreadsheet on Google Docs.
    Last edited by Garryl; 2017-07-09 at 11:06 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Shoulders = shoulders
    Cape = back

4. - Top - End - #4

In D&D magic item slot terms, Shoulders = Back. I know, it's kinda weird, just like there are no magic pants for your magic belts to hold up.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

...I think you want "Urtragian"?

Also, I will be watching this.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Sho nuff, harumph ::leans back over his coffee with bleary eyes::

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tagging this.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

I remember stumbling upon the Metroid as Incarnum some time ago and I liked the idea. Incarnum is one of my favorite sub systems. Im subscribing to this.
    Homebrew:
    The inFAMOUS Conduit base class. Wow I actually finished it...
    The Darksiders base class, based on the videogame with the same name.

I also draw some stuff here, Gamespectre on Deviantart

9. - Top - End - #9

Changes since May 26. Some of these are already up, the rest I'll be posting some time today.

Cybernetics and Activating
    - Fire-based module effects now have rules for functioning underwater. Previously, as supernatural abilities, they simply did not work.
    - Energy capacity at level 30+ now follows the same formula as below level 30.

Cyberneticist
    - Integrated Module Focus changed to Attached Module Focus.

Energy Warrior
    - Now has martial weapon proficiency.
    - Energy Beam ability revamped.

Modules
    - New modules: Eternal Engine, Fire Field, Lightning Rod, Psychosynthesis, Spell Breaker
    - Completed modules: Arcanosynthesis, Nightmare Ward, Nova Beam, Rezbit Controller, Scrambler, Terranean Resonator, Uttercold Core
    - Armor Class is now properly capitalized in module descriptions.
    - Saving Throw lines in module descriptions should be more accurate now.
    - Several minor typos fixed.
    - Biofeedback (hands) rewritten.
    - Chrono Beam grants a competence bonus to initiative instead of insight. Damage bonus from energy allocation increased.
    - Dark Beam's base and energy effects rewritten.
    - Disruption Crescent (visor) ability to bypass or negate critical immunity increased from 25% to 50%.
    - Energy Weapon is now WIP.
    - Exploration Kit now has the Equipment descriptor.
    - G-Lifter now has the Equipment descriptor and is a Dreadnought module.
    - Hammer Beam (energy emitter) now affects objects.
    - Impulse Soles now has the Equipment descriptor.
    - Kinetic Accelerator (arms) now affects objects.
    - Light Beam's base effect rewritten.
    - Missile Launcher now has the Equipment descriptor.
    - Plasma Beam now allows you to set yourself on fire as a free action instead of a standard action.
    - Quake Stompers now has the Equipment descriptor.
    - Universal Translator is now WIP.

Feats
    - Added the Heavy Energy Beam feat.
    - Added Amechra's Technological Aesthetic, Temporary Craftsmanship, Effortless Invention, and Pocket Industry feats.

Spells and Other Magic Systems
    - Added the following new spells: Phantom HUD, Touchless Screen, Virtual Desktop
    - Added the following new spells, based on spells and powers from D20 Modern's Urban Arcana sourcebook: Burglar's Buddy, Dataread, Degauss, Magic ID, Power Device, Recharge, Relay Text
    - Added the following new powers: Networking, Psychic Interface
    - Added the following new powers, based on spells and powers from D20 Modern's Urban Arcana sourcebook: Call Ammunition, White Noise
    - Added the Cybernetics mantle.

Races
    - Urtraghusian Space Pirates renamed to Urtragian Space Pirates.

Equipment and Items
    - Increased nanorifle base damage from 1d10 to 1d12.
    - Increased pulse cannon base damage from 1d6 to 1d8.
    - Armor weights and costs are now complete.
    - Added Light Combat Armor.
    - Added rules for magical properties created as cybernetic properties.
    - Internal Biosensor armor gadget now requires an onboard computer.
    - Added Tempest Hardened miscellaneous gadget.

Creatures and Monsters
    - Observer wireless communication range increased from 100 feet to 1 mile.
    Last edited by Garryl; 2013-06-17 at 05:26 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm trying to work out some sort of metamagic-type effect for modules. I have two main ideas.

1) Metasockets. Spend a feat to get a metasocket (and a single free attachment to it, like with the Access Socket feats). Any modules attached to a metasocket gains a benefit, but has a lower energy capacity. Since it's already attached to a socket, you also can't attach the module to another socket. Only modules can be attached to metasockets. Different metasockets provide different benefits at the cost of different amounts of energy capacity.
    Spoiler
    Show

Empower Module [Metasocket]
    Prerequisites: Access to a socket.
    Benefits: You gain access to the Empower metasocket. All variable, numeric effects of modules attached to the Empower metasocket are increased by one-half.
    The energy capacity of a module attached to the Empower metasocket is reduced by 1.
    In addition, the first attachment you make to this metasocket does not count against your limit of socket attachments.
    Special: Only modules can be attached to metasockets. Metasockets are special sockets that modify the effects of modules at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Maximize Module [Metasocket]
    Benefits: You gain access to the Maximize metasocket. All variable, numeric effects of modules attached to the Maximize metasocket are maximized. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are module effects without random variables.
    The energy capacity of a module attached to the Maximize metasocket is reduced by 2.
    In addition, the first attachment you make to this metasocket does not count against your limit of socket attachments.
    Special: Only modules can be attached to metasockets. Metasockets are special sockets that modify the effects of modules at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Quicken Module [Metasocket]
    Benefits: You gain access to the Quicken metasocket. Using an ability of a module attached to the Quicken metasocket that normally takes a move, standard, or full-round action instead takes a swift action.
    The energy capacity of a module attached to the Quicken metasocket is reduced by 3.

2) Metaenergy. Spend a feat to get a point of metaenergy. In addition to functioning as normal energy, any module with metaenergy allocated to it gains a benefit, but has a lower energy capacity (if this drops the energy capacity to 0, you obviously can't allocate the metaenergy to it since the reduced energy capacity would boot the metaenergy out). Different types of metaenergy provide different benefits. Metaenergy can only be allocated to modules.
    Spoiler
    Show

Empower Module [Metaenergy]
    Benefits: You gain 1 point of Empower metaenergy. All variable, numeric effects of modules with any Empower metaenergy allocated to them are increased by one-half.
    The energy capacity of a module with any Empower metaenergy allocated to it is reduced by 1.
    Special: Metaenergy can only be allocated to modules. Metaenergy is a special type of energy that modifies the effects of a module it is allocated to at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Maximize Module [Metaenergy]
    Benefits: You gain 1 point of Maximize metaenergy. All variable, numeric effects of modules with any Maximize metaenergy allocated to them are maximized. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are module effects without random variables.
    The energy capacity of a module with any Maximize metaenergy allocated to it is reduced by 2.
    Special: Metaenergy can only be allocated to modules. Metaenergy is a special type of energy that modifies the effects of a module it is allocated to at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Quicken Module [Metaenergy]
    Benefits: You gain 1 point of Quicken metaenergy. Using an ability of a module with any Quicken metaenergy allocated to it that normally takes a move, standard, or full-round action instead takes a swift action.
    The energy capacity of a module with any Quicken metaenergy allocated to it is reduced by 3.

Metaenergy is obviously a more player-friendly option, given that it has a bonus as a side effect (+1 energy) instead of a penalty (module can't be attached to any other socket). Metaenergy is also easier to combine, given that you can just allocate multiple types of metaenergy to a single module (assuming your energy capacity is high enough). It's more fluid because you can reallocate on the fly, as opposed to deciding when you refresh your energy to make socket attachments. Finally, it's easier to make it expandable; each time you take the feat, you can just gain 1 more point of the metaenergy. I don't know if this makes it better or just trickier to balance. Or maybe I need a middle ground. Thoughts?
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Meta-Energy (I think a different term might be in order; Meta-Energy sounds clunky) looks like a good option.

If you go with the first option, though, Split Attachment pretty much becomes a "go to" option for anyone who wants to use multiple forms of meta-socketry. Which isn't a bad thing, per se, but needs to be taken into account.

The second route, however, is rather expensive. Cool and flexible, but you'd only be able to Empower/Quicken anything after 15th level at the earliest, and would only have 2 energy in them (3 for stuff attached to your Energy Emitter.)
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    I do Let's Plays now. Current Game: Rolan's Curse

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Ever hear of the Chaositech sword and sorcery supplemental?

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Meta-Energy (I think a different term might be in order; Meta-Energy sounds clunky) looks like a good option.

If you go with the first option, though, Split Attachment pretty much becomes a "go to" option for anyone who wants to use multiple forms of meta-socketry. Which isn't a bad thing, per se, but needs to be taken into account.

The second route, however, is rather expensive. Cool and flexible, but you'd only be able to Empower/Quicken anything after 15th level at the earliest, and would only have 2 energy in them (3 for stuff attached to your Energy Emitter.)
    There's also the possibility of a middle ground between the two, something like the Improved Energy Capacity feat, where you just designate one module to be affected when you refresh your energy (and activate modules and make attachments). No messing about with sockets or energy allocation.

Or do something else entirely. Or nothing at all. Incarnum never had any sort of metashaping feats, and it works just fine, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    Ever hear of the Chaositech sword and sorcery supplemental?
    I can't say that I have. Is there anything in particular about it you want to point out?
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
    I can't say that I have. Is there anything in particular about it you want to point out?
    No, i have the pdf of it. there is a lot of things in it that are VERY interesting. I cant give any examples off the top of my head, but the entire thing is worth a read through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting as a Skill

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

15. - Top - End - #15

The first draft of Phazon mechanics for the Metroid adaptation are up.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Chaositech is based roughly around various chaos powered technology. While it does corrupt the user, many things about it could be adapted to work without chaos with ease. Everything from power suits, chain swords, laser weapons, grenades, classes, monsters, mutations, etc. everything you could possibly need to introduce tech-like items into the game.

Most of it connects to something called a headclamp, allowing it to function via mental commands, its pretty cool. I got the pdf, if you'd like me to email it or something.
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2013-06-27 at 03:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting as a Skill

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

17. - Top - End - #17

I'm trying, and failing, to come up with new module ideas for the Energy Warrior. Part of it, I feel, is that the EW doesn't have a distinct shtick other than Energy Beam (which is already well-covered). The Cyberneticist's modules are crazy technology things, the Dreadnought's modules are the tools of war, but the Energy Warrior's? Does anyone have any ideas about this?
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

18. - Top - End - #18

I don't know if anyone is following this anymore over here, but I just finished a major update. after a year away from this project.

August 22, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

- Revised the formatting of most pages.

Dreadnought
    - The Guardian talent specifies that the attack still applies if you're out of range.
    - Changed Share Intuition to match the aura mechanics I've used in more recent and extensive material.

Modules
    - Completed the following modules: Dueling Visor, Guardian Shield, Mercury Bow

Skills
    - Added the Cryogenic Preservation and Cryorevival uses to the Heal skill.

Feats
    - Added the Defensive Shot general feat.
    - Added the Cybernetic Dilettante, Energy Claws, and Energy Fangs cybernetic feats.
    - Added the Cybernetic Grafter item creation feat.
    - Added the Systemic Reboot System system feat.
    - Added the Gun Fu, Guns Akimbo, Hail of Lead, and Sword and Gun tactical feats.

Prestige Classes
    - Deleter HD increased from d6 to d8.

Races
    - Added Engi and Zoltan races. FTL fans rejoice!

Equipment and Items
    - Removed WIP tag from Devastator and Shocksplinter cybernetic ammunition properties.
    - Added the Evalucomp and Medicomp Sensor Package miscellaneous gadgets.
    - Finished the IFF and Targeting HUD Package and the Armacomp, Chemicomp, Democomp, Electrocomp, and Geocomp Sensor Package miscellaneous gadgets.
    - Added a large number of mundane items, although a few of them are copied straight from the d20 Modern/Future SRD.
    - Added the Bottomless Magazine cybernetic item.
    - Added the Plasteel material.
    - Added the first set of Cybernetic Grafts: Bionic Eye, Electroplate Skin, Nanorepair Cells, Ocular Laser

Creatures and Monsters
    - Increased the CR of Interceptor cybernetic drone from 2 to 3.
    - Removed WIP tag from Medical Probe cybernetic drone.

Cybernetic Campaigns
    - Added the Technician NPC class.

Metroid Adaptation
    - Added the Phazon Energy Efficiency feat.
    - Renamed the Phazon Adept prestige class's Phazon Body class feature to Phazon Infusion.
    - Added the Phazon Behemoth and Phazon Husk templates.

June 27, 2013
    Spoiler
    Show

Metroid Adaptation
    - First posting of the Metroid adaptation.
    - Added the Phazon Adept PrC.
    - Added the Phazite Plating, Phazite Weapon, Phazon Animation, Phazon Aura, Phazon Control, and Phazon Enhancement modules.
    - Added the Greater Phazon Tolerance, Improved Phazon Tolerance, Phazon Energy Conversion, Phazon Initiate, and Phazon Rage feats.
    - Added the Phazite material.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Nice to see this back, I'd forgotten about it. And you added FTL stuff? Made my evening.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man... why haven't I heard of this thing before? This is pure AWESOMENESS and deserves much more popularity. And I just scratched the surface...

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Nice to see this back, I'd forgotten about it. And you added FTL stuff? Made my evening.
    Yup. I'm also putting the finishing touches on the Lanius (the new race in FTL: Advanced Edition) as we speak.
    Last edited by Garryl; 2014-08-23 at 06:41 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

22. - Top - End - #22

I decided to take a look at this project and wow! It is the kind of subsystem I'd love to have a chance to play, and things seem really well-thought. It comes at no surprise that I find it very similar to incarnum, even to the point where the classes themselves seem inspired by those of MoI. Of course, the fluff is so different that they could very well exist separately in the same verse. Of course the fluff causes its own problems, since most D&D settings are not exactly futuristic, but whatever.

I did take notice of a strange thing though : Chapter 1 has a table where energy capacities of epic characters are referenced, but I found no mention of epic activators in any of the other sections. Did I oversee something? If not, then it's something which I'm looking forward to see. I know epic play isn't something that most people on board consider, so I understand if it wasn't your priority as far as the project is concerned, but I'm quite fond of it for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

23. - Top - End - #23

August 23, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

- Slightly altered the wording of most effects that add to a receptacle's energy capacity. No mechanical change, just a terminology change.

Cyberneticist
    - Clarified that Technical Knowledge applies to cybernetic items as well as magic items.
    - Renamed Attached Module Focus to Attachment Focus. Now affects all energy receptacles, not just modules.

Energy Warrior
    - Energy Flare and the Energy Emitter capacity increase now function with any energy receptacle, not just modules.

Skills
    - Added the Decode Device, Use a Device, and Use Cybernetic Item uses to the Use Magic Device skill.
    - Added the Decode Device use to the Computer Use skill.

Feats
    - Slightly altered how Systemic Reboot System functions. Its energy capacity increase now applies passively.

Prestige Classes
    - Added the Inventor prestige class.

Races
    - Added another FTL race, the Lanius.

Equipment and Items
    - Completed the description of Cybernetic Devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    I decided to take a look at this project and wow! It is the kind of subsystem I'd love to have a chance to play, and things seem really well-thought. It comes at no surprise that I find it very similar to incarnum, even to the point where the classes themselves seem inspired by those of MoI. Of course, the fluff is so different that they could very well exist separately in the same verse. Of course the fluff causes its own problems, since most D&D settings are not exactly futuristic, but whatever.
    If you want to use cybernetics mechanics in a fantasy setting, check out this quick and dirty adaptation.

I did take notice of a strange thing though : Chapter 1 has a table where energy capacities of epic characters are referenced, but I found no mention of epic activators in any of the other sections. Did I oversee something? If not, then it's something which I'm looking forward to see. I know epic play isn't something that most people on board consider, so I understand if it wasn't your priority as far as the project is concerned, but I'm quite fond of it for some reason.
    Epic cybernetics is something I'd always hoped to support, albeit not heavily. I have a few ideas, but nothing concrete. I've gone through a few design iterations for epic modules, and I am currently considering some that would function along the lines of the Binder's epic vestiges.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

24. - Top - End - #24

August 25, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Modules
    - Completed the following modules: Dragonfire Rifle, Energy Weapon, Gravitic Amplifier.
    - Modules that create weapons and armor out of pure energy (Disruption Crescent, Mercury Bow, Power Suit, etc.) now count the object created as an energy receptacle that shares the module's energy allocation.

Actions in Combat
    - Added the Aim special attack.
    - Autofire attacks now use the weakest of all ammunition fire for all aspects of the attack when using multiple types of ammo.

Skills
    - Added the Pinpoint Sound use to the Listen skill.
    - Added the DCs to hear gunfire and grenade explosions with the Listen skill.

Feats
    - Added the Awesome Blast, Pinpoint Shot, Quick Aim, and Sniper general feats.
    - Added the Called Shot tactical feat.
    - The +1 activator level and +1 energy bonuses of Cybernetic and System feats are now listed with the feats' normal benefits, not under the special tag.

Races
    - Altered the wording of Lanius's Metallic Biology to more accurately follow the intent of interactions with Construct-only effects.
    - Corrected the terminology of the Zoltan's Zoltan Energy Shield (absorption, not hit points).

Equipment and Items
    - Completed the Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Heavy Bolter, and TacMil Sniper Rifle weapons.
    - Completed the Metal Storm Bolter Round ammunition.
    - Stun Baton damage increased from 1d4 to 1d6.
    - Tweaked the prices and statistics of some grenades. Finished filling in grenade Craft DCs.
    - Added the Night Vision Scope and Rangefinder Scope weapon gadgets.
    - Added the Cyberforge Gauntlets general cybernetic item.

Metroid Adaptation
    - The Phazite Weapon module now counts the object created as an energy receptacle that shares the module's energy allocation.
    - The +1 activator level and +1 energy bonuses of Cybernetic and System feats are now listed with the feats' normal benefits, not under the special tag.

Another update. This one has a bunch of goodies for ranged weapon users.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

25. - Top - End - #25

August 27, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Energy Warrior
    - Added Intimidate and Tumble as class skills.
    - Multiple modules changing your energy beam damage type now causes it to deal amalgam damage.

Modules
    - Completed the following modules: Energy Restoration, Hydro Guard.
    - Simplified Dueling Visor. No longer gives enemies a bonus on attacks against you that's sort of like not seeing them but really isn't, and the AC bonus now just doesn't start up until the end of the turn so that you can't cheese target locks against each foe you provoke AoOs from. The Feet attachment now applies its +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. everyone's AoOs, rather than excluding your target, it just doesn't stack with the +2 vs. your lock.
    - Polar Star's helmet attachment now has rules for limbs with sensory organs. If all of a creature's limbs are iced, it is now paralyzed.

Universal Special Abilities
    - Added the definition of amalgam damage.

Feats
    - Typo and wording fixes.
    - Quick Aim clarifies that the aim + full attack option still limits the aim bonus to your first attack after aiming.
    - Reworked Systemic Reboot System. Now grants +1 energy capacity to systems with no energy allocated, and allows 1 System reallocation per day per energy allocated.

Prestige Classes
    - Added the Bounty Hunter prestige class.

Equipment and Items
    - Devastator and Shocksplinter ammunition properties no longer implicitly and unintentionally turn their attacks into touch attacks.
    - Added the Magnetic Boots item.

Creatures and Monsters
    - Fixed a few typos and formatting errors in the stat blocks.
    - Medical Probe now has a link to the homebrew it uses (the Medic class).

Metroid Adaptation
    - Added the Phazon Creature template.
    - Typo correction in the Phazon Behemoth template.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

26. - Top - End - #26

August 28, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Cybernetics and Activating
    - Tweaked the overview to give a slightly fuller but still very simple description containing everything you really need to know without getting bogged down in minutiae.

Modules
    - Added the following module: Storm Rifle.
    - Completed the following modules: Gravity Beam, Wave Beam.
    - Annihilator Beam's Core attachment is now a Utility attachment.
    - Buffed Stealth Field's Core attachment. Now provides immunity to target locks and to targeted mind-affecting effects.

Spells and Other Magic Systems
    - Clarified that Detect Cybernetics does not detect cybernetic creatures in and of themselves.

Races
    - Added the Easy Repair racial trait for Cybots.
    - The Engi's Accelerated Crafting ability now applies to all objects, not just non-organic ones. Added the Reshabaple Body racial trait. Engi can now heal damage naturally.
    - Slight wording tweaks to various Lanius racial abilities. Lanius no longer need to drink.
    - Corrected the Zoltan's Power Device ability accidentally referring to itself as a spell.

Metroid Adaptation
    - Changed the Phazon Adept's Activator Level ability so that it works as intended with Activate Module and doesn't count twice at 2nd level if you progress an activating class.

Now up to 93 completed modules; 87 in the regular list, plus 6 more Metroid modules.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

27. - Top - End - #27

September 5, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Modules
    - Completed the following modules: Restoration Matrix.
    - Rewrote the Energy Transfer module. Now also an Energy Warrior module.
    - Storm Rifle's arms attachment now plays nice with the support attachment.

Feats
    - Improved Energy Capacity can be taken multiple times.

Prestige Classes
    - Reformatted prerequisites.
    - Added the Arcane Inductance ability to the Arcanosynthesist, allowing them to add (but not remove) energy to spells on the fly. Reduced entry requirement from 3 modules to 2.
    - Bounty Hunter altered so that non-Energy Warrior entries are possible. Removed the incorrect bit about the enhancement bonus of your Energy Beam progressing, which is nonsensical with the current version of the Energy Warrior's Energy Beam ability.
    - Reduced Nanotheurge entry requirement from 3 modules to 2.

Equipment and Items
    - Added tables summarizing cybernetic weapon properties, cybernetic armor properties, general cybernetic items, and gadgets.
    - Completed the Desert Eagle, Falcon .45, and Glock 20 weapons.
    - Completed the Irradiating and Irradiating Burst cybernetic weapon properties.
    - Added the Camouflage Field and Minor Shielding cybernetic armor properties.
    - Added the Cyberforge Arm Guards, Weapon Energy Cell, and Disposable Weapon Energy Cell general cybernetic items.
    - Priced out buying a Cryorevival.
    - Added the Elbow Rockets cybernetic graft.

Metroid Adaptation
    - Changed the Phazite Plating module from granting a natural armor bonus directly to granting an enhancement bonus to your natural armor like most things do. The Shielding attachment now grants an enhancement bonus to SR from any energy, rather than Phazon energy.
    - The Phazon Aura, Phazon Control, and Phazon Enhancement modules are now also Energy Warrior modules. Phazon Enhancement is no longer a Cyberneticist module.
    - Completed the Phazon Beam module.
    - Added the Phazon Wraith creature.

September 6, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Environment and Exploration
    - Added rules for atmospheric effects, including atmosphere thickness, atmosphere contents, vacuums, and sudden decompression.
    Last edited by Garryl; 2014-09-06 at 11:45 PM.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

28. - Top - End - #28

October 5, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Modules
    - Completed the following modules: Autoturret Construction Kit.
    - Typo/wording correction in the Energy Transfer module's utility socket ability description.
    - Tweaked how Observers from the Observer Relay module are replaced. You can now order them to self-destruct as a free action; they no longer do so when you try to create a new one while one is already deployed. Removed the no-longer necessary bit about recalling them into the module as a standard action.

Spellcasting and Magic
    - Tweaked the way multiple Access Socket spells apply.

Creatures and Monsters
    - Added set of "turret" creatures, including the Autoturret, Hover Autoturret, Missile Turret, and Plasma Turret.

October 17, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Skills
    - Tweaked Computer Use DCs for operating a remote device to account for no security. The net DCs are the same, all that's changed is what portion comes from the base DC and what portion comes from the security.

Feats
    - Added the Craft Cybernetic Construct feat.
    - Energy Claws and Energy Fangs can now be used together, and alongside other natural weapon energy beams.
    - Gun Kata now also grants proficiency with all simple firearms, because otherwise it's kinda useless for single-classed monks. Stupid monk proficiencies.

Prestige Classes
    - The Inventor's Item Creation now properly uses your Inventor activator level +2 instead of your class level +2 for meeting prerequisites. Now clarifies that you can't emulate special or epic sockets.

Equipment and Items
    - Bioplast (and by extension, Nutriplast), now specifies the action required to use it and that it requires a melee touch attack to apply to an unwilling creature.
    - Added the Warp Gate and Warp Pylon general cybernetic items.
    - Added the Altered Nerve Clusters, Arm Mount, and Wired Reflexes cybernetic grafts.

Creatures and Monsters
    - Added construction costs and requirements for cybernetic drones.
    - Hover Autoturret changed to CR 3 (instead of CR 2).

October 30, 2014
    Spoiler
    Show

Modules
    - Added the following modules: Twilight Reactor.
    - Completed the following modules: Screaming Cannon.
    - Holographic Projector visor attachment buffed and now functions as silent image instead of a much lesser version of the spell.
    - Revised the Temporal Accelerator's Core socket effect. Now based on the wording of the anticipatory strike power instead of the celerity spell. This makes it a little more flexible, but makes it affected by action denial and impossible to use to gain bonus actions.

Equipment and Items
    - Tweaked the wording of a few gadgets. No mechanical changes.
    - Cybernetic devices are now a standard action to use and can be activated at any time, not just while refreshing energy.
    - Added the Bionic Arm, Bionic Leg, Gyroscopic Knee Replacement, Leg Compartment, and Leg Portal cybernetic grafts.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

29. - Top - End - #29

It lives! Well, sort of. I'm just dragging this back from the void for a bit because I've made some updates that have been a long time in the making. By which I mean I started them in early 2015, moved on to other things, then came back and finished them just now. I don't have any plans to continue making more content for this (although who knows). With 3 base classes, 7 PrCs, 6 races, over 100 modules, numerous creatures and templates, more feats than I care to count, dozens of items, and a whole bunch of spells, powers, skill uses, and new mechanics for good measure, I'd say it's got a comfortably large amount of content as-is.

Anyways, hopefully this piques your interest and is at least an enjoyable read.
    Handbooks Index
    My Homebrew Compendium

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'd read that to-do list, nice that it's done now. Not much to say, there's an extra word in Nanobot Dissolution (you can make separate yourself). I've been plugging the thing everywhere it seems appropriate though, since it's on my list of full homebrew systems of awesomeness.

Don't remember if I mentioned it but I did get to play a Cyberneticist for a while, until the game imploded. Was fun, in no particular order: made full use of Observer Relay including as a body-blocker, churned out some Lightning Rods, let foes run into my Autoturrets, grapple-locked with the Grapple Lasso, staged a three way telepathic interrogation with the Mind Scanner, used the Missile Launcher in tight quarters with careful targeting, and animated a Wyvern Husk for maximum power with Phazon Animation which I later rode across town while chasing a doppelganger. Also royally ticked off another player who was enjoying the fact that he hadn't openly declared evil alignment when I was using the Essence Balancer to search for shady characters, granted he had no idea I'd be detecting alignment when we agreed I'd set up for maximum detection that day. Also pegged a guy with the Plague Launcher (one of the coolest weapons ever), may have prevented a bad flank but was rather eclipsed by the full attack of the Wyvern Husk on the other side of the building against unarmored foes for massive damage.

All in all, pretty much performed as expected: a punishing number of options at competitive power level compared to the mid-low op of the rest of the party, though they were all using builds specialized in things that are not options (TWF sneak attack, generic barbarian, and Techsmith-that's cleric with construct companion), with more range and simply some things that are not expected to be do-able (Obs and Turret in particular). Either of the combat focused activators would have been massively overpowered, but it's clear from your work that you aim at the mid-high end so that's expected. Not that I actually failed at anything I was doing, but the numbers were low enough that soloing the whole room at least seemed off the table, maybe, until the Wyvern.

I do still think that the Cyberneticist is getting the short end of a stick since the Dreadnought and Energy Warrior get multiplicative attacks and the same number of modules while the former has some very flat caps on their actual damage output. I'd probably find that the lack of bonus feats combined with the feat cost of getting more socket abilities is a bigger problem than I expect, but I haven't built anything other than the one Cyberneticist (link here if you're interested). I'd expect that any high level Cyber would be aiming towards inventing their own combo module to power up their favorite offensive effect. I had the Flux Capacitor all planned out for time lightning.
    Attention Imgur Users! Imgur apparently doesn't like hosting images anymore and only works in certain places or for people who already have the image cached: No one can see your avatars or images!
    Also Photobucket users? Don't know if it's a bandwidth or region lock or something, but I'm seeing some avatars blurred out with a watermark that looks like the photobucket icon.
    And Tinypic went down a while back, seeing plenty of old avatars showing their downed image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness