New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2023-01-08 at 01:37 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Moving a spell around (metamagic feats)(3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    You may move a mobile spell up to 30 feet in a given round (it is inactive as you move it and becomes active after you are finished moving it) by concentrating on it as a standard action (similar to concentrating on a spell with a duration of concentration).
    I think you want to mimic the rules for redirecting an active spell, actually, which state that it's a move action.

What spell slot adjustments should these feats incur? Any other thoughts?
    +1 each. Teleporting isn't usually all that amazing a jump over mobile, I wouldn't think, so the extra feat required balances it out more or less. Maybe +1/+2 respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Gut response is that I'm sure there's some spell out there that's strong enough it should warrant a +2 increase just to be safe, but most people probably wouldn't use it then. It'd take a while to research all the spells this could apply to to see what it can really do, but it's definitely cool. I love me some sphere spells, and hey look, a meta feat to make anything sphere like.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

A shifting pool of grease...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    A shifting pool of grease...
    Or a silence spell. Or a prismatic wall (hence the +2 on the other feat). Note that antimagic field, antilife shell, etc. don't work with this.

That's why it's a standard instead of a move action. Because it has combat implications that deserve to subside a regular attack option.

Note very carefully though that you can't use the first feat to trigger damage or other effects multiple times as it stops working while you move it and only resumes working when you stop moving it (you can still make it apply again by having it continue working through ceasing to move it where a potential target is occupying an area but you'll only get to do that once per round on your turn).
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2013-06-13 at 05:11 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.