A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey all, this is just the bare bones of the class tables take me soo long to make its not funny. anyways there are still a couple holes in the class I need to fill and im braisntorming on them. I have actually 2 versions of this class this and the Rage Born. I'll post the rage born in my 2nd post at a later date, it basically this class with less cool tricks ( includign soul melds) but a full BAB and a barbarians rage. I am doing this becuase I actually enjoy the concept of the soulknife, hate the actual implimention of its mehcanics and how they tied it to psychic powers, even though. like the Fighter the class suffers form ' does not do what it says on the tin' syndrome. I hope to fix that with these 2 classes.



    Soul Blade
    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Soulmelds Essentia Chakra Binds
    1 +0 +2 +0 +2 Soulblade, Weapon Focus(Soulblade) 2 1 0
    2 +1 +3 +0 +3 Bonus Feat, Blade Skills, Chakra Bind (Crown) 3 2 1
    3 +2 +3 +1 +3 Soul Strike 1d8, +1 Soulblade 3 3 1
    4 +3 +4 +1 +4 Enhanced Soul blade +1, Chakra Bind (Feet), Soul Shield 4 4 1
    5 +3 +4 +1 +4 Weapon Specialization(Soulblade), Uncanny Dodge 4 5 1
    6 +4 +5 +2 +5 Bladewind, Speed Burst, Blade Skills, Chakra Bind (Hands, Arms) 4 6 2
    7 +5 +5 +2 +5 Soul Strike 2d8, +2 Soulblade, Bonus Feat 5 7 2
    8 +6 +6 +2 +6 Enhanced Soul blade +2, Uplifting Soul 5 7 2
    9 +6 +6 +3 +6 Greater Weapon Focus(Soulblade), Chakra Bind (Brow, Shoulders) 5 8 2
    10 +7 +7 +3 +7 Improved Uncanny Dodge, Blade Skills 6 9 3
    11 +8 +7 +3 +7 Soul Strike 3d8, +3 Soulblade 6 10 3
    12 +9 +8 +4 +8 Enhanced Soul blade +3, Bonus Feat 6 11 3
    13 +9 +8 +4 +8 Cut to the Soul, Greater Weapon Specialization(Soulblade) 7 12 3
    14 +10 +9 +4 +9 Blade Skills, Chakra Bind (Throat, Waist) 7 13 4
    15 +11 +9 +5 +9 Soul Strike 4d8, +4 Soulblade 7 14 4
    16 +12 +10 +5 +10 Enhanced Soul blade +4, Chakra Bind (Heart) 8 14 4
    17 +12 +10 +5 +10 Bonus Feat, Last Strike 8 15 4
    18 +13 +11 +6 +11 Blade Skills, Chakra Bind (Soul) 8 16 5
    19 +14 +11 +6 +11 Soul Strike 5d8, +5 Soulblade 9 17 5
    20 +15 +12 +6 +12 Soul Avatar, Enhanced Soul blade +5 9 18 5
    Alignment Any.

    Hit Die D8.

    Class Skills
    The soulknife’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration* (Con), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).

    Skill Points at 1st Level (4 + Int modifier) ×4.

    Skill Points at Each Additional Level 4 + Int modifier.

    Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Soul Blades are proficient with all simple weapons, with their own Soul Blades, and with light armor and light shields, including bucklers.

    Soulblade{Su}: As a move action, a Soul Blade can create a semisolid weapon formed of energy distilled from his own soul. The weapon is identical in all ways (except visually) to a weapon of a size appropriate for its wielder. For instance, a Medium Soul Blade materializes a Medium Soulblade as a short sword, that he can wield as a light weapon, and the soulblade deals 1d6 points of damage (crit 19-20/×2). Soul Blades who are smaller or larger than Medium create Soulblades identical to weapons appropriate for their size, with a corresponding change to the weapon’s damage. The wielder of a Soulblade gains the usual benefits to his attack roll and damage roll from a high Strength bonus, Or dexterity if using a ranged weapon or using the weapon finesse feat.

    The soulblade can be broken (it has hardness 10 and 5 hit points plus 1 hit point per Soul Blade level); however, a Soul Blade can simply create another after a full round has passed. The moment he relinquishes his grip on his blade, it dissipates. A Soulblade is considered a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

    A Soul Blade can use feats such as Power Attack or Combat Expertise in conjunction with the soulblade just as if it were a normal weapon. Abilities or spells that upgrade weapons can be used on a Soulblade.

    A Soul Blades's Soulblade improves as the character gains higher levels. From 1st level onwards his Soulblade has the Ghost-touch ability. At 4th level his Soulblade is considered silver and cold-iron, at 7th adamantine and at 11th Anarchistic, Axiomatic, Holy, or Unholy depending on the Soul Blade's alignment.

    Even in places where magic effects do not normally function (such as within an anti-magic field), a Soul Blade can attempt to sustain his soulblade by making a DC 25 Will save. On a successful save, the Soul Blade maintains his mind blade for a number of rounds equal to his class level before he needs to check again. On an unsuccessful attempt, the Soulblade vanishes. As a full round action, the soulknife can attempt a new Will save to rematerialize his Soulblade while he remains within the negating effect.

    At 3rd level and every 4th level afterwards the Soulblade gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage.

    Weapon Focus (Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains the weapon focus feat for his Soul Blade only.

    Blade Skills {Su or Ex}:

    Absorbing Blade {Su} The Soul Blade may as an immeditate action, have his Soulblade absorb a spell or spell-like ability that would affect him. Effects that are not subjected to spell resistance cannot be absorbed in this fashion. Effects that target an area or multiple targets are only absorbed for the Soul Blade; other affected targets are still affected normally. The level of the effect cannot exceed the number of dice of Soul Strike allowed to the Soul Blade. The Soul Blade must be 6th level to select this blade skill. A Soul Blade can absorp a maximum number of spell levels per day equal to his Soul Strike dice times his wisdom modifier.

    Confounding Blades {Su} When a Soul Blade with this Blade Skill hits a creature with an attack and successfuly causes Soul Strike damage, his target cannot make attacks of opportunity until the beginning of his next turn.

    Dazzling Blade {Su} The Soul Blade may, as a standard action, channel soul energy into his Soulblade, dazzling all creatures within 30 feet. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. The save DC is 10 + the soulknife’s base attack bonus. A Soul Blade may use this ability a number of time equal to his Wisdom Modifier at 12th level this instead blinds those affected.

    Deadly Blow {Ex} The Soul Blade's Soulblade critical multiplier increases by 1. A Soul Blade must be at least 10th level to choose this blade skill. This stacks with Keen and Improved Critical, but is added after.

    Dimensional Strike {Su} The Soul Blade can interfere with the dimensional boundaries of anyone he hits with his Soulblade. As a move action, the Soul Blade can make the target of his next successful attack be subjected to the effects of a dimensional anchor spell. The attack must take place within 1 round or the effect is wasted.

    Disrupting Strike {Ex} As a full-round action, a Soul Blade can make one melee attack against each enemy adjacent to him. If he hits, the attack deals no damage, but each enemy hit takes a -2 penalty, which increase by 1 for every 3rd level, to all melee and ranged attack and damage rolls until the start of the Soul Blade's next turn.

    Exploding Critical {Su} When a Soul Blade confirms a critical hit, he can choose to deal his Soul Strike damage, though this only deals half the normal damage for a Soul Strike. A Soul Blade must be at least 10th level to choose this blade skill

    Extended Strike {Ex} A Soul Blade makes attacks with his Soulblade as if his reach was 5’ longer if melee or 10' added for increment if ranged. A Soul Blade must be at least 12th level to choose this blade skill.

    Flame Blade {Su} For a number of minutes per day equal to the Soul Blades level. He can cause his weapon to deal an extra 1d6 fire damage. This must be spent in 1 minute increments. This Increases to 1d8 fire damage at level 10.

    Focused Offense {Ex} A Soulblade adds his Wisdom Modifier in addition to his Strength to his attack rolls when using his soulblade. A Soul Blade must be 14th level to choose this blade skill.

    Ice Blade {Su} For a number of minutes per day equal to the Soul Blades level. He can cause his weapon to deal an extra 1d6 cold damage. This must be spent in 1 minute increments. This Increases to 1d8 cold damage at level 10.


    Improved Soul Shield {Su} The deflection bonus to AC granted by Soul Shield increases by 1.

    Reflective Blade {Su} A Soul Blade may as an immediate action reflect a spell or spell-like ability that would strike him back at the caster. The spell or power must be a touch attack spell or spell-like ability, either ranged or melee, and the level of the spell or spell-like ability reflected cannot exceed the number of dice of Soul Strike allowed to the Soul Blade. The Soul Blade makes a ranged touch attack to determine if the spell successfully strikes the target. The Soul Blade must be at least 14th level and have the Absorbing Blade blade skill to select this blade skill. A Soul Blade can reflect a maximum number of spell levels per day equal to 1 plus twice his wisdom modifier.


    Soul Strike {Su}: As a swift action, a Soul Blade can imbue his Soulblade with energy from his own soul. This effect deals an extra 1d8 points of damage to the next target he successfully hits with an attack from his Soulblade. At every four levels beyond 3rd (7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th), the extra damage from a Soul Blade's Soul Strike increases as shown on the table above. A Soulblade deals this extra damage only once when this ability is called upon, but a Soul Blade can imbue his Soulblade with energy again by taking another swift action.

    Enhances Soulblade {Su}: at 4th level and every 4th level thereafter, a Soul Blade gains the ability to enhance his Soulblade. He can add any one of the weapon special abilities on the table below that has an enhancement bonus value of +1. A Soul Blade can choose any combination of weapon special abilities that does not exceed the total allowed by his level.

    The weapon ability or abilities remain the same every time the Soul Blade materializes his Soulblade (unless he decides to reassign its abilities; see below). The ability or abilities apply to any form the Soulblade takes, including the use of the bladewind class abilities.

    A Soul Blade can reassign the ability or abilities he has added to his Soulblade. To do so, he must first spend 8 hours in concentration. After that period, the Soulblade materializes with the new ability or abilities selected by the Soul Blade.



    {table=head]Weapon Special Ability| Enhancement Bonus Value
    Acidic |+1
    Bane |+1
    Courageous |+1
    Defending |+1
    Flaming |+1
    Frost |+1
    Keen |+1
    Lucky |+1
    Mighty cleaving |+1
    Shock |+1
    Sundering1 |+1
    Vicious |+1
    Disruption |+2
    Menacing |+2
    Wounding |+2
    Soulbreaker |+3
    Speed |+3
    [/table]

    Soul Shield {Su}: A Soul Blade gains, at 4th level, a deflection bonus to AC of 1 + wisdom modifier. This AC bonus is only if the Soul Blade is lightly enucmbered and wearing light or no armor.

    Weapon Specialization (Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains the Weapon Specilization feat for his Soulblade only.

    Uncanny Dodge {Ex}: Starting at 5th level a Soul Blade can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

    Bladewind {Su}: At 6th level, a Soul Blade gains the ability to momentarily fragment his Soulblade into numerous deadly shards, each of which strikes at a nearby opponent.

    As a standard action, when wielding his Soulblade, a Soul Blade can give up his regular attacks and instead fragment his Soulblade to make one melee attack at his full base attack bonus against each opponent within reach. Each fragment functions identically to the Soul Blade's regular Soulblade.

    When using bladewind, a Soul Blade forfeits any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities (such as the Cleave feat or the haste spell).

    The Soulblade immediately reverts to its previous form after the bladewind attack.

    Speed Burst {Ex}: As long as the Soul Blade is not meduim or heavier encumbered, or wearing medium or heavy armor, he gains a +10 insight bonus to his land move speed.

    Uplifting Soul {Su}: At 8th level a Soul Blade gains the ability to fly at his base land speed with good maneuverability.

    Greater Weapon Focus(Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains Greater Weapon Focus feat for his Soulblade only.

    Improved Uncanny Dodge {Ex}:

    Cut to The Soul {Su}: Beginning at 13th level, when a Soul Blade executes a Soul Strike, he can choose to deal Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage (his choice) for each die of extra damage, he deals 1 point of damage to the ability score he chooses.

    Greater Weapon Specialization(Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains the Greater Weapon Speciallization Feat for his Soulblade only.

    Last Strike {Su}: If a Soul Blade fells a target of his Soul Strike, his next attack that is performed within 1 round, also does Soul Strike damage.

    Soul Avatar {Ex}: At 20th level a Soul Blade is immune to ability drain, ability damage, energy drain, and death effects. In addition he gains a +2 bonus to his Wisdom and Constitituion.



    {table=head]Chakra |Soulmeld |Basic Effect
    Crown |Crystal Helm |+2 resistance bonus on Will saves against charm and compulsion
    |Diadem of Purelight |Create a constant source of light
    |Necrocarnum Circlet |Detect undead within 30 feet
    |Soulspeaker Circlet |Understand a spoken language
    Feet |Acrobat Boots |+2 bonus on Balance, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble checks
    |Airstep Sandals Fly |up to 10 feet as a move action
    |Cerulean Sandals |Walk on water
    |Thunderstep Boots |Deal 1d4 sonic damage as part of charge attack
    Hands |Bloodwar Gauntlets |+1 bonus on melee attacks
    |Lightning Gauntlets |1d6 electricity damage with melee touch attack
    |Lucky Dice |+1 luck bonus on chosen rolls
    |Mauling Gauntlets |+2 bonus on Strength checks
    |Sighting Gloves |+1 bonus on ranged damage rolls
    |Theft Gloves |+2 bonus on Disable Device, Open Lock, and Sleight of Hand checks
    Arms |Armguards of Disruption |1d6 points of damage to undead with melee touch attack
    |Bloodwar Gauntlets |+1 bonus on melee attacks
    |Bluesteel Bracers |+2 bonus on initiative checks
    |Lammasu Mantle |+2 deflection bonus to AC against evil creatures
    |Lifebond Vestments |Heal another by taking damage
    |Mauling Gauntlets |+2 bonus on Strength checks
    |Necrocarnum Touch |+4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks and on Bluff checks to feint in combat
    |Riding Bracers |+4 bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks
    |Sailor’s Bracers |+4 bonus on Swim, Profession (sailor), and Use Rope checks
    Brow |Fearsome Mask |+2 bonus on Intimidate checks
    |Keeneye Lenses |+4 bonus on Spot checks
    |Mage’s Spectacles |+4 bonus on Decipher Script, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device checks
    |Planar Chasuble |Gain alignment subtype, resistance to energy based on alignment
    |Silvertongue Mask |+2 bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks
    |Truthseeker Goggles |+2 bonus on Gather Information, Search, and Sense Motive checks
    Shoulders |Adamant Pauldrons |25% protection against critical hits and sneak attacks
    |Lammasu Mantle |+2 deflection bonus to AC against evil creatures
    |Mantle of Flame |Creatures attacking you take 1d6 fire damage
    |Pauldrons of Health |Immunity to disease and to being sickened or nauseated
    |Therapeutic Mantle |Enhances the effect of healing spells
    |Wind Cloak |Damage reduction 2/magic against ranged attacks
    Throat |Apparition Ribbon |Reroll miss chance against incorporeal foes
    |Dissolving Spittle |1d6 acid damage with ranged touch attack
    |Necrocarnum Mantle |Immunity to disease
    |Planar Ward |Protection from mental control
    |Silvertongue Mask |+2 bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks
    Waist |Flame Cincture |Resistance to fire 10
    |Necrocarnum Shroud |+1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when adjacent creature takes damage
    |Necrocarnum Vestments |Resistance to cold 5
    |Strongheart Vest |Reduce ability damage by 1 point
    |Vitality Belt |+4 bonus on Constitution checks and Constitution-based skill checks
    Heart |Lifebond Vestments |Heal another by taking damage
    |Necrocarnum Vestments |Resistance to cold 5
    |Spellward Shirt |Spell resistance 5
    |Strongheart Vest |Reduce ability damage by 1 point
    Soul |Fellmist Robe |Concealment from nonadjacent attackers
    |Incarnate Avatar |Take on appearance and aspects of outsider
    |Keeneye Lenses |+4 bonus on Spot checks
    |Necrocarnum Shroud |+1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when adjacent creature takes damage
    |Planar Chasuble |Gain alignment subtype, resistance to energy based on alignment
    [/table]
    Last edited by ngilop; 2014-05-20 at 09:34 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Rage Born

    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Soulmelds|Essentia|Chakra Binds

    1|+1|+2|+0|+2|Soulblade, Weapon Focus(Soulblade) |1|0|0

    2|+2|+3|+0|+3| Bonus Feat, Rage|1|1|0

    3|+3|+3|+1|+3| Soul Strike 1d8, +1 Soulblade|1|2|0

    4|+4|+4|+1|+4|Enhanced Soul blade +1, Blade Skills |2|3|1

    5|+5|+4|+1|+4| Weapon Specialization(Soulblade), Uncanny Dodge |2|4|1

    6|+6|+5|+2|+5|Bladewind, Speed Burst, |2|4|1

    7|+7|+5|+2|+5| Soul Strike 2d8, +2 Soulblade, Bonus Feat|3|5|1

    8|+8|+6|+2|+6| Enhanced Soul blade +2, Uplifting Soul. Blade Skills |3|6|1

    9|+9|+6|+3|+6| Greater Weapon Focus(Soulblade), Damage Reduction 1/-|3|7|2

    10|+10|+7|+3|+7| Improved Uncanny Dodge, |4|8|2

    11|+11|+7|+3|+7| Soul Strike 3d8, +3 Soulblade|4|8|2

    12|+12|+8|+4|+8| Enhanced Soul blade +3, Bonus Feat, Blade Skills, Damage Reduction 2/- |4|9|2

    13|+13|+8|+4|+8| Cut to the Soul, Greater Weapon Specialization(Soulblade)|5|10|2

    14|+14|+9|+4|+9| Greater Rage, Indomitable Will|5|11|3

    15|+15|+9|+5|+9| Soul Strike 4d8, +4 Soulblade, Damage Reduction 3/-|5|12|3

    16|+16|+10|+5|+10| Enhanced Soul blade +4, Blade Skills |6|12|3

    17|+17|+10|+5|+10| Bonus Feat, Last Strike|6|13|3

    18|+18|+11|+6|+11| Tireless Rage, Damage Reduction 4/-|6|14|3

    19|+19|+11|+6|+11| Soul Strike 5d8, +5 Soulblade|7|15|4

    20|+20|+12|+6|+12| Enhanced Soul blade +5, Blade Skills, Soul Avatar |7|16|4

    [/table]
    Last edited by ngilop; 2013-06-23 at 02:07 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The last place you look
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    1) Hit dice, skills, ability descriptions... There's a lot missing.
    2) Why chakras and soulmelds? The soulknife is from XPH. If you add any subsystem to it, I would actually add psionics to it, as should have been done in the first place
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    whew... there took me a week or so. but I finally finished my SOulknife fixes

    so many tables...

    anywasy take a look and tell me what you all think.. hopefully I bumped this class up to the 'tier' 3/'tier' 4 area

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Deviston's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Well, combining the soulknife and soulborn is a classic fix.

    As a matter of fact, unless my google-fu is poor, you are number 4.

    Xallace did one in 2008.
    Person Man did one in 2010.
    And The Underlord did one in 2011.

    I didn't know the concept of Bladewind was so popular, I've seen it in a number of soulknife fixes.

    Lastly, if you want a great fix that is hurkle free and very balanced, take a look at the Pathfinder version.

    As for a PEACH, it looks average but can use some changes.
    I would CERTAINLY consider bumping the BAB to full, but other than that it looks fine. Also, remove Uplifting Soul. You have soulmelds to give flying, why would the class give it as well. Same with the speed boost.
    Consider changing Blade Skills to be given at every even level, and one of the Blade Skills option is Bonus Feat. You get nine Blade Skills and Bonus Feats, just combine and add one more to make the distribution more... logical.

    Bladewind isn't on your table at level 9.

    Additionally, the list you have for soulmelds is absolutely massive. I would consider parsing it down. A lot. To be honest, the original soulborn list is perfectly fine. When you look through the other KnifeBorn fixes, you will see they keep the original list (with a minor change for The Underlord's). When a poster like Person Man makes a call, it's usually wise to follow suit.
    Last edited by Deviston; 2013-06-23 at 07:46 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    thanks for noticing the bladewind discrepancy

    it was actually not my intention to gestalt teh soulknife and soublorn classes

    I enjoyed the base con cept of teh soul knife but knew that it lacked in back up mechanics. SO I wanted to 'fix' the class

    I do not like psionics so i knew I had to get rid of that and I was thinking of doing Invocations when I posed the question on teh d20 forums whats wrong with the soylknife' ( spoiler alert certaif people took the 'play a mage' route and then proceeded to go on and defen that thats how you can tell what in wrong with the soulknife.) and somebody (spuddles) suggested Icarnum and i was liek ')(& why didn't I think of that! a warrior who is called the darn SOUL knife is not even using soul powers.. SO i tossed in an incarnum progression that was a bit behind the totemist and gave them a rather large selection to chose from on purpose.
    also I want to give SOul Blade the feat that allows a meld and an itme to occupy the same space but for teh life of me I could not find it in my MoI


    Anyways I just hope I did what I set out to do and that is create a Warrior who creates his weapon out of his very soul, who uses the same soul power to increase his abilities, skills, and versatility all teh while retaining the same feel and conept of the original soulknife only hopefully bumped up to 'tier'3/'tier'4

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Ugh.. changed Bladewind to a standard action, like it was originally meant to be in my version anyways.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedKnightGirl

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Moselle, France
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    I kinda think throwing soul blade could use some love, why not make it disappear at end of turn if not in hand? Of course if that's the case you'll have issues making full attacks... why not something around "creating a soul weapon is exactly the same action as drawing a weapon", that is move/free as part of a charge if BBA>=+1/free if quick draw
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.


  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban's Standard Disclaimer
    So that you understand my review style, I'm doing a review of this on my first read through, so some of my thoughts might not be the most insightful had I given this a full, thorough reading prior to that.

    This review is literally my thoughts on the post as I go through it, reading each section. If my questions or concerns are addressed later in the material, I will make note of that at the point they are addressed. This method of review helps to identify trouble spots and ambiguous areas that need a bit of editing that a comprehensive review might not catch. After I finish the entire post, I'll usually read through it a second time and post a comprehensive review in my final thoughts.

    Also of note, I have done a lot of editing in my time, some of it professionally. As such I will point out spelling mistakes and flagrant grammatical errors. Please don't take this personally, as some are very inclined to do. I'm just trying to help you make your work the best it can be.

    Finally, it takes time and effort to review your work. You may not agree with all of the comments I post as a reviewer, and that's fine. I ask only that you be polite about any disagreements you have and, if you're so inclined, check out my own homebrew in return (links in signature). Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Soul Blade

    Alignment Any.

    Hit Die D8.

    Class Skills
    The soulknife’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration* (Con), Craft (Int), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).

    Skill Points at 1st Level (4 + Int modifier) ×4.

    Skill Points at Each Additional Level 4 + Int modifier.
    Dropped the table for space.
    So, first glance. 3/4 BAB, 2 good saves, Totemist meldshaping charts (very slightly slower essentia gain), 4 skill points, decent skill list, metric ton of class features, absolutely no alignment restriction.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Soul Blades are proficient with all simple weapons, with their own Soul Blades, and with light armor and light shields, including bucklers.
    Seems reasonable, as it appears the class is meant to be focused on their own unique variant of the incarnate weapon soulmeld, which might possibly be akin to a soulknife's mindblade.



    Minor overall nitpick: The standard is to use parentheses to denote ability types rather than braces.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Soulblade{Su}: As a move action, a Soul Blade can create a semisolid weapon formed of energy distilled from his own soul. The weapon is identical in all ways (except visually) to a weapon of a size appropriate for its wielder. For instance, a Medium Soul Blade materializes a Medium Soulblade as a short sword, that he can wield as a light weapon, and the soulblade deals 1d6 points of damage (crit 19-20/×2). Soul Blades who are smaller or larger than Medium create Soulblades identical to weapons appropriate for their size, with a corresponding change to the weapon’s damage. The wielder of a Soulblade gains the usual benefits to his attack roll and damage roll from a high Strength bonus, Or dexterity if using a ranged weapon or using the weapon finesse feat.
    So far, this is basically a mindblade, as I somewhat expected. What's the blurb about ranged weapons? Can this be made into other weapons?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    The soulblade can be broken (it has hardness 10 and 5 hit points plus 1 hit point per Soul Blade level); however, a Soul Blade can simply create another after a full round has passed. The moment he relinquishes his grip on his blade, it dissipates. A Soulblade is considered a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

    A Soul Blade can use feats such as Power Attack or Combat Expertise in conjunction with the soulblade just as if it were a normal weapon. Abilities or spells that upgrade weapons can be used on a Soulblade.
    This makes sense, though you should probably also add that it can't be improved as can a normal magic item.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    A Soul Blades's Soulblade improves as the character gains higher levels. From 1st level onwards his Soulblade has the Ghost-touch ability. At 4th level his Soulblade is considered silver and cold-iron, at 7th adamantite and at 11th Holy or Unholy depending on the Soul Blade's alignment.
    And this paragraph illustrates one of the issues I personally have with the class. "Soul Blade's Soulblade." There's a reason they went with "Soulknife's Mind Blade" instead of "Soulknife's Soul Knife."

    Minor issue: It's "adamantine", not "adamantite."

    The Holy/Unholy seems odd, considering there's no alignment restrictions. Perhaps either require that the soul blade be Good or Evil or add Anarchic/Axiomatic to the options.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Even in places where magic effects do not normally function (such as within an anti-magic field), a Soul Blade can attempt to sustain his soulblade by making a DC 25 Will save. On a successful save, the Soul Blade maintains his mind blade for a number of rounds equal to his class level before he needs to check again. On an unsuccessful attempt, the Soulblade vanishes. As a full round action, the soulknife can attempt a new Will save to rematerialize his Soulblade while he remains within the negating effect.
    Standard mindblade stuff. Good Will save at least makes this feasible.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    At 3rd level and every 4th level afterwards the Soulblade gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage.
    This was one of the biggest issues with soulknife. The progression is rather slow comparatively. Moving forward 1 level doesn't really fix it. You'll still be running behind other melee characters' weapons.

    I'm guessing that this aspect of the soulblade means that it is NOT an essentia receptacle nor a soulmeld of any kind. Disappointing, really. Seems weird that an incarnum class' main class feature has nothing to do with incarnum.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Weapon Focus (Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains the weapon focus feat for his Soul Blade only.
    Seems meh but needed to counteract the 3/4 BAB of this class.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Blade Skills {Su or Ex}:
    Does he get all of these? One of these? One each time it's mentioned on the chart? Five each time it's mentioned? All of them each time it's mentioned with the benefits doubling up and stacking each time? Can I take an option more than once and double it? Some rules concerning this are definitely needed.

    I'm going to review this under the assumption that you get 1 option each time "Blade Skills" is mentioned on the chart and can't select the same option twice. This gives you picks from this list at 2nd, 6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th, for a total of 5.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Absorbing Blade {Su} The Soul Blade may as an immeditate action, have his Soulblade absorb a spell or spell-like ability that would affect him. Effects that are not subjected to spell resistance cannot be absorbed in this fashion. Effects that target an area or multiple targets are only absorbed for the Soul Blade; other affected targets are still affected normally. The level of the effect cannot exceed the number of dice of Soul Strike allowed to the Soul Blade. The Soul Blade must be 6th level to select this blade skill.
    Any limits on this per day? As it is, it basically gives the soul blade immune to any spell that offers spell resistance below certain levels. Yes, I realize it's only 1 per round, but how many spells are going to target the spell blade each round? Mostly likely not more than 1. This seems like an incredibly powerful ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Confounding Blades {Su} When a Soul Blade with this Blade Skill hits a creature with an attack and successfuly cuases Soul Strike damage, his target cannot make attacks of opportunity until the beginning of his next turn.
    This is a neat ability. I like it, though I'm not sure how it would work cinematically. I mean, does it "stun" the target, knock it off balance, or interpose itself somehow to block attacks? I mean, mechanically, it's really neat. I just am having trouble visualizing how it would work.
    Also, spelling issue: "successfully causes".

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Dazzling Blade {Su} The Soul Blade may, as a standard action, channel soul energy into his Soulblade, dazzling all creatures within 30 feet. A successful Fortitude save negates this effect. The save DC is 10 + the soulknife’s base attack bonus. A Soul Blade may use this ability a number of time equal to his Wisdom Modifier
    Dazzle is neat at low levels but is pretty useless at higher levels. BAB to save DC is neat, and 3/4 BAB keeps it from getting too crazy. Without a way to switch out learned blade skills, I can't see this one getting picked very often. -1 to attack rolls and Spot/Search checks is a bit sub par beyond 1st level.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Deadly Blow {Ex} The Soul Blade's Soulblade critical multiplier increases by 1. A Soul Blade must be at least 10th level to choose this blade skill.
    Does this stack with Improved Crit/Keen? Is it added first? Last?
    If it doesn't stack, then this is pretty much a wasted ability.
    If it stacks and is added first, a short sword goes from 19-20 to 18-20, keen then takes it up to 14-20. If added last, it goes 19-20 to 17-20 from keen then to 16-20 from this ability. That's a big difference. I've done this with several of my homebrews (Brawler R'E6 class and in the Spirits of Shamanism), and I've always had it stack and always added last.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Dimensional Strike {Su} The Soul Blade can interfere with the dimensional boundaries of anyone he hits with his Soulblade. As a move action, the Soul Blade can make the target of his next successful attack be subjected to the effects of a dimensional anchor spell.
    Seems a bit strong. Does it have to be same round? Can I spend a move action now then use this ability an hour later? Is the effect permanent? I'm not seeing a mention of when it ends, so... I'm assuming permanent.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Disrupting Strike {Ex} As a full-round action, a Soul Blade can make one melee attack against each enemy adjacent to him. If he hits, the attack deals no damage, but each enemy hit takes a -2 penalty, which increase by 1 for every 3rd level, to all melee and ranged damage rolls until the start of the Soul Blade's next turn.
    Wording is a little odd in that last sentence. Seems like a so-so ability. Like Dazzled, this isn't very beneficial beyond the 1st couple levels, especially not once you start facing single instances of larger, more powerful creatures. Without a swap method, this seems like it wouldn't be chosen.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Exploding Critical {Su} When a Soul Blade confirms a critical hit, he can choose to deal his Soul Strike damage, though this only deals half the normal damage for a Soul Strike. A Soul Blade must be at least 10th level to choose this blade skill
    Haven't gotten to soul strike yet, but I'm guessing it's similar to sneak attack. Seems like a reasonable ability. Judging by the chart though, 1/2 of 5d8 at max level doesn't seem that appealing. Granted, it's always nice to get bonus damage. This is definitely an "if there's nothing better" option. Having it held off until 10th makes it less appealing, as it's effectiveness is already starting to wane by the time you can get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Extended Strike {Ex} A Soul Blade makes attacks with his Soulblade as if his reach was 5’ longer if melee or 10' added for increment if ranged. A Soul Blade must be at least 12th level to choose this blade skill.
    You don't get a blade skill at 12th level. The earliest you can take this is 14th. That said, this is a nice ability. Again with the weird ranged mention but no supporting mechanics for that thus far. I'd probably allow this as early as 6th level.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Flame Blade {Su} For a number of minutes per day equal to the Soul Blades level. He can cause his weapon to deal an extra 1d4 fire damage. This must be spent in 1 minute increments.
    I don't like this. This is just bad. Barely useful at 2nd level if you get it and the most often resisted energy type. I'd almost rather have the dazzle ability. Either increase the damage or make it always on. There's no reason to have to keep track of remaining time/uses on an ability this minor.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Focused Offense {Ex} A Soulblade adds his Wisdom Modifier in addition to his Strength to his attack rolls. A Soul Blade must be 14th level to choose this blade skill.
    Does this affect ranged attacks? Seems odd that you've mentioned it other times but not here. As written it doesn't appear to do so. Do this work with all weapons? Only the soul blade? As written, it affects all attack rolls, including those from other weapons or from spells.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Ice Blade {Su} For a number of minutes per day equal to the Soul Blades level. He can cause his weapon to deal an extra 1d4 cold damage. This must be spent in 1 minute increments.
    See flame blade comments. Second most often resisted energy type.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Improved Soul Shield {Su} The deflection bonus to AC granted by Soul Shield increases by 1.
    Seems good. Haven't gotten to Soul Shield yet though, so that opinion is subject to change.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Reflective Blade {Su} A Soul Blade may as an immediate action reflect a spell or spell-like ability that would strike him back at the caster. The spell or power must be a touch attack spell or spell-like ability, either ranged or melee, and the level of the spell or spell-like ability reflected cannot exceed the number of dice of Soul Strike allowed to the Soul Blade. The Soul Blade makes a ranged touch attack to determine if the spell successfully strikes the target. The Soul Blade must be at least 14th level and have the Absorbing Blade blade skill to select this blade skill.
    My thought on this ability is similar to what I said about the first ability on this list. Certainly potent, but limited to 5th-level spells. Seems like a tarrasque impersonation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Soul Strike {Su}: As a swift action, a Soul Blade can imbue his Soulblade with energy from his own soul. This effect deals an extra 1d8 points of damage to the next target he successfully hits with an attack from his Soulblade. At every four levels beyond 3rd (7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th), the extra damage from a Soul Blade's Soul Strike increases as shown on the table above. A Soulblade deals this extra damage only once when this ability is called upon, but a Soul Blade can imbue his Soulblade with energy again by taking another swift action.
    So... psychic strike? Okay... Didn't like the mechanics there. Don't like it here. Burning limited actions to get limited extra damage seems a bit too expensive to be worth it to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Enhances Soulblade {Su}: at 4th level and every 4th level thereafter, a Soul Blade gains the ability to enhance his Soulblade. He can add any one of the weapon special abilities on the table below that has an enhancement bonus value of +1. A Soul Blade can choose any combination of weapon special abilities that does not exceed the total allowed by his level.
    Just to note, the "+X Soulblade" and "Enhanced Soul blade +X" abilities are confusing on the chart. I can definitely see players getting mixed up and adding the wrong bonuses if they aren't paying close attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    The weapon ability or abilities remain the same every time the Soul Blade materializes his Soulblade (unless he decides to reassign its abilities; see below). The ability or abilities apply to any form the Soulblade takes, including the use of the bladewind class abilities.

    A Soul Blade can reassign the ability or abilities he has added to his Soulblade. To do so, he must first spend 8 hours in concentration. After that period, the Soulblade materializes with the new ability or abilities selected by the Soul Blade.
    Seems like typical soulknife type stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    {table=head]Weapon Special Ability| Enhancement Bonus Value
    Acidic |+1
    Bane |+1
    Courageous |+1
    Defending |+1
    Flaming |+1
    Frost |+1
    Keen |+1
    Lucky |+1
    Mighty cleaving |+1
    Shock |+1
    Sundering1 |+1
    Vicious |+1
    Disruption |+2
    Menacing |+2
    Wounding |+2
    Soulbreaker |+3
    Speed |+3
    [/table]
    There are a few good options on this list, but I don't like the concept of having a limited weapon that I can sort of customize. Either let me customize it or don't. I can think of a number of enchantments I'd rather have than most of these.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Soul Shield {Su}: A Soul Blade gains, at 4th level, a deflection bonus to AC of 1 + wisdom modifier. This AC bonus is only if the Soul Blade is lightly enucmbered and wearing light or no armor.
    Seems nifty.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Weapon Specialization (Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains the Weapon Specilization feat for his Soulblade only.
    Does he have to meet the prerequisites? It doesn't need the final word "only".

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Uncanny Dodge {Ex}: Starting at 5th level a Soul Blade can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.
    Seems okay, but this has always struck me as more of a filler for empty class levels. The class already gets a bonus feat and increase essentia pool at this level.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Bladewind {Su}: At 6th level, a Soul Blade gains the ability to momentarily fragment his Soulblade into numerous deadly shards, each of which strikes at a nearby opponent.

    As a full attack, when wielding his Soulblade, a Soul Blade can give up his regular attacks and instead fragment his Soulblade to make one melee attack at his full base attack bonus against each opponent within reach. Each fragment functions identically to the Soul Blade's regular Soulblade.

    When using bladewind, a Soul Blade forfeits any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities (such as the Cleave feat or the haste spell).

    The Soulblade immediately reverts to its previous form after the bladewind attack.
    "as a full attack ... can give up his regular attacks" should be changed to a simple "As a full-round action." That makes it more clear and lets you drop that 3rd paragraph entirely.
    On another thought, just granting Whirlwind Attack might be more expedient.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Speed Burst {Ex}: As long as the Soul Blade is not meduim or heavier encumbered, or wearing medium or heavy armor, he gains a +10 insight bonus to his land move speed.
    Definitely some wording changes needed. It's a bit awkward. Otherwise, it's okay. Not sure it really fits with the class concept so far though. Seems like another just added to have something else ability, especially since the class already gets a number of other abilities at the level this is granted.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Uplifting Soul {Su}: At 8th level a Soul Blade gains the ability to fly at his base land speed with good maneuverability.
    Huh? Where did THAT come from? Do I swing my sword so fast that I'm a helicopter now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Greater Weapon Focus(Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains Greater Weapon Focus feat for his Soulblade only.
    Same comments as on Weapon Spec.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Improved Uncanny Dodge {Ex}:
    I think you lost something here.
    Other than that, same thoughts as with uncanny dodge above.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Cut to The Soul {Su}: Beginning at 13th level, when a Soul Blade executes a Soul Strike, he can choose to deal Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage (his choice) for each die of extra damage, he deals 1 point of damage to the ability score he chooses.
    Wording could be more clear, but it seems like a reasonable ability. Is there a save for half damage? Negate damage? Or is it just get hit and SOL?

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Greater Weapon Specialization(Soulblade) The Soul Blade gains the Greater Weapon Speciallization Feat for his Soulblade only.
    Ditto yet again.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Last Strike {Su}: If a Soul Blade fells a target of his Soul Strike, his next attack that is performed within 1 round, also does Soul Strike damage.
    Neat. Saves a bit on wasted actions but not really a great step forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Soul Avatar {Ex}: At 20th level a Soul Blade is immune to ability drain, ability damage, energy drain, and death effects. In addition he gains a +2 bonus to his Wisdom and Constitituion.
    Very nice. Seems a fitting capstone, though the ability score changes either need a bonus type or a statement that they're straight ability increases.

    Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    {table=head]Chakra |Soulmeld |Basic Effect
    Crown |Crystal Helm |+2 resistance bonus on Will saves against charm and compulsion
    |Diadem of Purelight |Create a constant source of light
    |Necrocarnum Circlet |Detect undead within 30 feet
    |Soulspeaker Circlet |Understand a spoken language
    Feet |Acrobat Boots |+2 bonus on Balance, Escape Artist, Jump, and Tumble checks
    |Airstep Sandals Fly |up to 10 feet as a move action
    |Cerulean Sandals |Walk on water
    |Thunderstep Boots |Deal 1d4 sonic damage as part of charge attack
    Hands |Bloodwar Gauntlets |+1 bonus on melee attacks
    |Lightning Gauntlets |1d6 electricity damage with melee touch attack
    |Lucky Dice |+1 luck bonus on chosen rolls
    |Mauling Gauntlets |+2 bonus on Strength checks
    |Sighting Gloves |+1 bonus on ranged damage rolls
    |Theft Gloves |+2 bonus on Disable Device, Open Lock, and Sleight of Hand checks
    Arms |Armguards of Disruption |1d6 points of damage to undead with melee touch attack
    |Bloodwar Gauntlets |+1 bonus on melee attacks
    |Bluesteel Bracers |+2 bonus on initiative checks
    |Lammasu Mantle |+2 deflection bonus to AC against evil creatures
    |Lifebond Vestments |Heal another by taking damage
    |Mauling Gauntlets |+2 bonus on Strength checks
    |Necrocarnum Touch |+4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks and on Bluff checks to feint in combat
    |Riding Bracers |+4 bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks
    |Sailor’s Bracers |+4 bonus on Swim, Profession (sailor), and Use Rope checks
    Brow |Fearsome Mask |+2 bonus on Intimidate checks
    |Keeneye Lenses |+4 bonus on Spot checks
    |Mage’s Spectacles |+4 bonus on Decipher Script, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device checks
    |Planar Chasuble |Gain alignment subtype, resistance to energy based on alignment
    |Silvertongue Mask |+2 bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks
    |Truthseeker Goggles |+2 bonus on Gather Information, Search, and Sense Motive checks
    Shoulders |Adamant Pauldrons |25% protection against critical hits and sneak attacks
    |Lammasu Mantle |+2 deflection bonus to AC against evil creatures
    |Mantle of Flame |Creatures attacking you take 1d6 fire damage
    |Pauldrons of Health |Immunity to disease and to being sickened or nauseated
    |Therapeutic Mantle |Enhances the effect of healing spells
    |Wind Cloak |Damage reduction 2/magic against ranged attacks
    Throat |Apparition Ribbon |Reroll miss chance against incorporeal foes
    |Dissolving Spittle |1d6 acid damage with ranged touch attack
    |Necrocarnum Mantle |Immunity to disease
    |Planar Ward |Protection from mental control
    |Silvertongue Mask |+2 bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks
    Waist |Flame Cincture |Resistance to fire 10
    |Necrocarnum Shroud |+1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when adjacent creature takes damage
    |Necrocarnum Vestments |Resistance to cold 5
    |Strongheart Vest |Reduce ability damage by 1 point
    |Vitality Belt |+4 bonus on Constitution checks and Constitution-based skill checks
    Heart |Lifebond Vestments |Heal another by taking damage
    |Necrocarnum Vestments |Resistance to cold 5
    |Spellward Shirt |Spell resistance 5
    |Strongheart Vest |Reduce ability damage by 1 point
    Soul |Fellmist Robe |Concealment from nonadjacent attackers
    |Incarnate Avatar |Take on appearance and aspects of outsider
    |Keeneye Lenses |+4 bonus on Spot checks
    |Necrocarnum Shroud |+1 bonus on attack and damage rolls when adjacent creature takes damage
    |Planar Chasuble |Gain alignment subtype, resistance to energy based on alignment
    [/table]
    Soulmeld list looks fine.


    Final Thoughts
    This has too much soulknife and not enough incarnum. I can see what you were trying to do, but I don't think I'd play this class for much the same reasons I wouldn't play a soulknife. If I made this class, I'd have based it on the Incarnate Weapon soulmeld and/or on the Blademeld ability of the Incarnum Blade.

    As it is, it's basically a refluffed soulknife with incarnum progression tacked on. You never mentioned the actual meldshaping information, i.e. soulmelds, essentia, and chakra binds, which makes it feel just that much more tacked on. The transient, vanishing nature of the soulblade class feature of the soul blade class works for psionics but just doesn't seem to mesh very well, thematically speaking, with incarnum that makes more permanent magic items. You can't even invest essentia into it for goodness sake!

    I'd suggest either stripping out some of the soulknife stuff and making this more incarnum based or converting it to psionics.

    Power level: Mid to high tier 4, largely due to the adaptability and usefulness of meldshaping and the built in flight ability.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Deviston's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Rizban with his +1 Keyboard of Critiquing. Excellent write-up and hits on a lot of good points. I agree with just about everything he said. I would get rid of the Wep. Focus, Spec. and greater versions and just give full BAB. Then add that he counts as a fighter of his level for those feats when attached to his mindblade. Take them on your own if you want.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviston View Post
    Rizban with his +1 Keyboard of Critiquing. Excellent write-up and hits on a lot of good points. I agree with just about everything he said. I would get rid of the Wep. Focus, Spec. and greater versions and just give full BAB. Then add that he counts as a fighter of his level for those feats when attached to his mindblade. Take them on your own if you want.
    *sniffle* I thought it was at least a +2... I mean, based on what I paid for it...

    Last edited by Rizban; 2013-11-06 at 07:38 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Deviston's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    Hey, considering the Broken and Fragile Keyboards (based on the level of critiquing people normally do) a +1 is pretty excellent lol!

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Soul Blade ( A Soul Knife re-tool) {Please Critque}

    there I clearified some of the abilities and upgraded some with Rizban's suggestions

    my bad for not including the soumeld stuff. I'll get on that at a later date.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •