Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1051

Default Re: League of Legends XLIX: Why are there snowballs in a jungle?!?!?

I'm nothing, with no LP and no wins.
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2013-07-11 at 10:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

That's a lie. You're seeding.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

is that even relevant? nunu ult isn't unbalanced because it one-shots teams at 1k ap.

there are numerous numerical changes that could have re-tuned his early game damage. i'm of the opinion that this sort of change (outright replacing abilities) should be a last resort, especially given the outright mediocrity of the new passive.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    is that even relevant? nunu ult isn't unbalanced because it one-shots teams at 1k ap.

there are numerous numerical changes that could have re-tuned his early game damage. i'm of the opinion that this sort of change (outright replacing abilities) should be a last resort, especially given the outright mediocrity of the new passive.
    The devs stated that to get it to what they'd consider a healthy power level, they would have had to absolutely neuter the passive... on the lines of each application doing 2-3 damage at level one. So Twitch passive but not true damage and without a nuke to explode it.

With that considered, swapping out the passive strikes me as a much better option.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

the balance team's idea of a healthy power level is not above reproach

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Season 3 World Championships coming to LA's Staples Center

The more interesting note was the berths listed:

NA: 3
    EU: 3
    Korea: 3
    SE Asia: 2
    China: 2
    International wild card: 1

So, Korea won an extra berth from the All-Stars, but yet only got the same number of slots as NA and EU.

I'd have preferred more wild cards and one less berth towards the NA/EU.

7. - Top - End - #1057

the balance team's idea of a healthy power level is not above reproach
    No, but it's the power level that things are going to be balanced to, whether that's above reproach or not.

8. - Top - End - #1058

BlueKnightGuy

I wonder why they didn't do the more obvious thing and tone down his Q damage. Maybe they felt like it was needed for late-game power, but...eh, I don't know.

Draven's current passive is not good, though--it's literally useless if you don't get kills. That's not a good design.

The Jayce rework excites me. I wish Riot would do things like that more often--it's about time they realized that unless they change up his poke no one will ever play him differently.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I got into a game today and ended up jungling, and since I'm tired and decided it was probably a bad idea to play this late anyway (since I'm half asleep), I picked rammus and made it the plan to go stupidly deep.

So I went and did my normal jungle path, and four minutes and four ganks later, Thresh had four kills and vayne had one. Whoops

It still put them ahead enough, so I decided to go tower dive top lane a bunch of times so Cho could land feast.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Forrestfire; 2013-07-11 at 11:17 PM.
    Lolth is so scary that even in TO, "having to be touched by Lolth" is recognized as a serious drawback for Lolth-touched.
    Ongoing Playtests:      The Avowed
    Handbooks:    Disregard Money, Acquire Buff Spells: Artificers without the Artifice E6 Plot Magic

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I wonder why they didn't do the more obvious thing and tone down his Q damage. Maybe they felt like it was needed for late-game power, but...eh, I don't know.

Draven's current passive is not good, though--it's literally useless if you don't get kills. That's not a good design.

The Jayce rework excites me. I wish Riot would do things like that more often--it's about time they realized that unless they change up his poke no one will ever play him differently.
    They decided that the Q damage was much more iconic to Draven and felt better for the user. Either way, you're doing more damage when you hit with Q, it was just a matter of whether it happened in one big, noticeable chunk or in a big noticeable chunk followed by smaller, less noticeable ticks.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Someone remind when season 3 ends? Or did someone post it and I'm just blind?

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    No, but it's the power level that things are going to be balanced to, whether that's above reproach or not.
    for the time being, yes, but nerfs have been reverted before. not offering criticism doesn't make that any more likely. the diana range nerfs, for instance, were the sort of large-scale mechanical changes that don't sit well with people and they made the champion significantly less satisfying to play.

if it's more damage on Q either way, why does it matter if early ranks of Q have their damage shaved off? you could just flatten out his Q scaling so that it's lower at rank 1 but has higher per-rank gains such that it evens out at rank 5. you could touch his base AD. you could eviscerate the dot's base damage but give it bonus AD scaling. you could give the passive a maximum number of stacks. you could decrease its duration.

yeah, i don't really see the rationale behind "removing his passive altogether will feel better for the user."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's November. You've got time.
    Lolth is so scary that even in TO, "having to be touched by Lolth" is recognized as a serious drawback for Lolth-touched.
    Handbooks:    Disregard Money, Acquire Buff Spells: Artificers without the Artifice E6 Plot Magic

14. - Top - End - #1064

for the time being, yes, but nerfs have been reverted before. not offering criticism doesn't make that any more likely. the diana range nerfs, for instance, were the sort of large-scale mechanical changes that don't sit well with people and they made the champion significantly less satisfying to play.

if it's more damage on Q either way, why does it matter if early ranks of Q have their damage shaved off? you could just flatten out his Q scaling so that it's lower at rank 1 but has higher per-rank gains such that it evens out at rank 5. you could touch his base AD. you could eviscerate the dot's base damage but give it bonus AD scaling. you could give the passive a maximum number of stacks. you could decrease its duration.

yeah, i don't really see the rationale behind "removing his passive altogether will feel better for the user."
    The passive was replaced, not just removed. I fail to see how a passive that's "more damage on Q" is so much more interesting than the new one.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Orc in the Playground

4. No, seriously. A lot of Jayce's power is locked up in really obtuse cases.

A little bit of why Jayce is so powerful in competitive play and not so much in regular play is the sheer amount of edge cases you have to abuse to get mileage out of Jayce. While some could argue this is mechanical mastery of the champion - a lot of it is simply unintuitive fodder that we should clean up so that his actual intuitive combos are powerful.
    Man, I have a hard time taking this company seriously.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    So I feel like issuing a general challenge to the thread:

Accrue 100 solo queue ranked wins between now and the end of the season.

If you're in, post with your current tier/division/LP and wins.

I'm Gold V, with 29 LP and 160 wins. Try to keep up.
    I've already got like 250 wins I think. Might be games. *check* 500 games, 250ish wins.

I missed Vulcun v C9 because I instead decided to give myself a headache listening to Cannabis Corpse while moshing. It was probably worth it.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

So I feel like issuing a general challenge to the thread:

Accrue 100 solo queue ranked wins between now and the end of the season.

If you're in, post with your current tier/division/LP and wins.

I'm Gold V, with 29 LP and 160 wins. Try to keep up.
    100 wins in ~4 months? Should be doable, and I don't have anything better to do (I say, with full knowledge that junior year starts in a month and a half).

Bronze II, 83 LP, 14 wins.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

I decided I'm gonna track it in my sig, so I don't forget.

If anyone wants to join me/standardize it, I'm using:

[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15601454&postcount=1042"]League of Legends S3 Ranked Challenge:[/URL] <#>/100 wins, <Tier> <Division>[/SIZE]

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ettin in the Playground

People I know are in the challenge so far:

{table=head]Forum Name|Current placement|Starting wins|Progress

abadguy | Placement | 0 | 0/100
    Anarion | Bronze I, 93 LP | 40 | 0/100
    Darius Macab | Bronze I, 13 LP | 10 | 0/100
    Dragonus45 | Silver IV, 2 LP | 104 | 0/100
    Duos | Silver III, 91 LP | 112 | 0/100
    Eldariel | Platinum I, 0 LP | 74 | 0/100
    Endoperez | Silver V, 82 LP | 51 | 0/100
    Epinephrine_Syn | Silver IV, 34 LP | 7 | 0/100
    Forrestfire | Silver V, 3 LP | 95 | 0/100
    Gimliggamer | Silver IV, 2 LP | 78 | 0/100
    Grytorm | Bronze II, 58 LP | 16 | 0/100
    Godskook | Gold V, 29 LP | 160 | 0/100
    Ivellius | Silver III, 29 LP | 15 | 0/100
    Kris on a Stick | Silver V, 100 LP | 33 | 0/100
    Lord Khaine | Silver III, 91 LP | 30 | 0/100
    MathMage | Platinum V, 23 LP | 36 | 0/100
    Mattarias | Bronze V, 80 LP | 5 | 0/100
    McDogual | Bronze III, 58 LP | 50 | 0/100
    Merellis | Placement | 4 | 0/100
    MtgPlayerZach | Silver III, 63 LP | 27 | 0/100
    Nadevoc | Silver II, 31 LP | 20 | 0/100
    NineThePuma | Bronze V, 75 LP | 57 | 0/100
    Outsideheaven | Platinum V, 0 LP | 92 | 0/100
    Perkinz | Placement | 0 | 0/100
    PersonMan | Silver III, 27 LP | 9 | 0/100
    PhoeKun | Bronze II, 71 LP | 34 | 0/100
    Qwertystop | Bronze II, 85 LP | 68 | 0/100
    Recaiden | Silver II, 27 LP | 30 | 0/100
    Renegade Paladin | Silver V, 10 LP | 57 | 0/100
    Sallera | Silver V, 9 LP | 8 | 0/100
    Siosilvar | Bronze II, 83 LP | 14 | 0/100
    SlyGuyMcFly | Silver III, 52 LP | 32 | 0/100
    Starswords | Silver I, 20 LP | 57 | 0/100
    TechnOkami | Bronze III, 100 LP | 24 | 0/100
    TFT | Diamond V, 87 LP | 754 | 0/100
    TheShrike | Placement | 1 | 0/100
    WyvernLord | Placement | 0 | 0/100
    Zargodia | Placement | 0 | 0/100

[/table]
    Last edited by Godskook; 2013-07-16 at 08:20 PM.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I decided I'm gonna track it in my sig, so I don't forget.

If anyone wants to join me/standardize it, I'm using:

[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15601454&postcount=1042"]League of Legends S3 Ranked Challenge:[/URL] <#>/100 wins, <Tier> <Division>[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][post=15602084]League of Legends S3 Ranked Challenge[/post]: <#>/100 wins, <Tier> <Division>[/SIZE]

Shorter (for those with longer sigs) and links to this new post Kook has right above me.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

21. - Top - End - #1071

Yeah, sure I'll join up in the challenge. Silver 4, 34 LP, just won 1 game for 34 LP. So I'm at 7 ranked solo/duo queue wins, 2 of them solo queue. Not sure if those count though.

Also, I'm a bit surprised. I fully expected half the posters here to be Gold/Plat players and to be the 'noob on the block' because I just placed now. But turns out I'm third highest on the list. Not that I'm not pretty terrible still.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

I wish you all luck in your endeavour. I'm not capable of playing ranked, and even if I were, I probably wouldn't manage 100 games in 4 months, much less the 200 I would need to have an expected success of 100 wins. Gonna be fun to follow though.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure why not?

Silver I, 20 LP, Starting wins 57

24. - Top - End - #1074

Bronze 1, 13LP, 10 wins out of 20 games

DM
    The Lords of Uncloaked Steel
    "But iron - cold iron - is master of them all."

25. - Top - End - #1075

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Yeah, sure I'll join up in the challenge. Silver 4, 34 LP, just won 1 game for 34 LP. So I'm at 7 ranked solo/duo queue wins, 2 of them solo queue. Not sure if those count though.

Also, I'm a bit surprised. I fully expected half the posters here to be Gold/Plat players and to be the 'noob on the block' because I just placed now. But turns out I'm third highest on the list. Not that I'm not pretty terrible still.
    We have a seriously curve-breaking number of Diamonds and quite a few Plats and Golds (more of those on the Mumble server than on GitP, honestly), but oh my goodness everywhere I look there are Silver and Bronze players. You can honestly find a ton of people at a variety of skill levels among the playground. Some of us even make it to Gold 3 without being able to lane properly

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

....I open this thread in what seems like ages, and I find a challenge? Sure.

Mattarias, NA, Bronze V, 80 LP, 5 wins.

Let's. Get. Dangerous.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    We have a seriously curve-breaking number of Diamonds and quite a few Plats and Golds (more of those on the Mumble server than on GitP, honestly), but oh my goodness everywhere I look there are Silver and Bronze players. You can honestly find a ton of people at a variety of skill levels among the playground. Some of us even make it to Gold 3 without being able to lane properly
    Well, after losing all 34 LP to two losses from special needs league level players, I'm starting to consider never solo queueing again and just going back to duo. Because holy damn.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Orc in the Playground

People I know are in the challenge so far:

{table=head]Forum Name|Current placement|Starting wins|Progress

Forrestfire | Silver V, 3 LP | 95 | 0/100

Godskook | Gold V, 29 LP | 160 | 0/100

Nadevoc | Silver II, 31 LP | 20 | 0/100

NineThePuma | Bronze V, 75 LP | 57 | 0/100

Renegade Paladin | Silver V, 10 LP | 57 | 0/100

Sallera | Silver V, 9 LP | 8 | 0/100

Siosilvar | Bronze II, 83 LP | 14 | 0/100

TheShrike | Placement | 1 | 0/100[/table]
    I wanna get in on this.
    Right now I'm Silver IV, 78 wins, and 2 LP
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Barbarian in the Playground

Since I know I'm going to play enough to reach this goal anyways...

TFT, Diamond 5, 87 points, 754 wins (I've been trying to pick up adc, but I think I'm just going to support my way back up and try to pick up adc not in ranked.)

Let's do this. Sidegoal of d1 by the time I'm done.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Well.

Kid Kris, Silver V, 100 LP (woot!), 33 wins (and 27 losses).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.