New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Taet's Acrostic: Everyone's Tuned into Random Banter #195

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    ...My research says that Texas Toast is just a really thick slice of bread.
    Actually, it's cheesy garlic bread.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-06-27 at 03:31 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Actually, it's cheesy garlic bread.
    I knew I should have read the entire article.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Does everyone here have cats?
    Well I know I do
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

I actually don't (we don't have any pets at all, in fact, unless you count the wolf spiders), but that only means I can enjoy the company of cousines' cats even more. Or the nigh uncountable neighbourhood cats, for that matter...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Not even via DOSbox? Granted, if you're doing that way it'd probably be simpler and less of a potential headache to just get the cheap, digital forms.
    I'm a broke college student! Even at cheap prices, I likely can't afford them.

Nope. Surely you've heard about the places in the South where they're still fighting the Civil War. Though you are right, some of us do look like we're from Ohio and some of us look like we're from Canadia, and then some of us do not.
    I had not heard that, no. But I suppose I'm more inclined than most to think of the north and south as one entity due to my rich Alabama uncles.

...You do understand how alcohol and the cooking process interact, right?
    Not even slightly.
    (But at least I cop to it!)
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-06-27 at 04:30 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Not even slightly.
    The alcohol boils away, but tastes like it's still there.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

I do.

I had not heard that, no. But I suppose I'm more inclined than most to think of the north and south as one entity due to my rich Alabama uncles.

Not even slightly.
    Well, it's more a mentality than actual fighting but yeah, it's still there.

The general idea is that a significant portion of the alcohol cooks off, because it has a much lower boiling point than water does. You do have to cook things fairly hot to get it all out, but if you're cooking meat all the way through, that's not really a problem. It leaves the flavor, without making the food alcoholic.
    A few odds and ends.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Yeah, not banned, I just think they lost their customer base. Seeing how many suggestions Wikipedia gives me for substitutes, I'm not surprised, really...

Let's see, it's peas, and ham, and generally eaten with mustard. I don't really know much more about the ingredients, though, seeing how we've never had it at home...

Also, putting garlic in it would just clash horribly with the pancakes.

Heh, I've partially come to regard America as some remote reservation for zealots and other crackpots, so anything In America can safely be disregarded as kook and nonsense.

That said, I have a number of wildly different mental pictures of America. They're so strongly separated from eachother that they might as well be different countries alltogether...
    I've never quite run into a good substitute for buttermilk for baking with, I must admit, all of the proposed substitutes are lacking that je ne sais quoi which makes it worth using. As a beverage on the other hand, well, I can see why gaining some measure of actual refrigeration technology available to the public would cut down on its consumption in favor of, say, raw milk or pasteurized milk.

Mustard on the side, mustard added at the table? Ours is peas, ham, garlic/onion/black pepper for seasoning as a baseline, IIRC. I think sometimes the soup is cut with some form of dairy as part of the cooking process, but not really eaten with it as a side.

Which aren't supposed to be sweet anyway, but you're putting sweet whipped cream on them in order to eat them with pea soup. Or else you guys don't include sweetening as part of the process of making whipped cream, but then there's the second point of confusion in the form of creaminess while eating pancakes and pea soup flavored with ham and mustard.

You could probably reach the character limit for posts just listing out what all we have in this one country.

The country is about the size of the continent of Europe, I believe, 3.794 million sq miles (9.827 million km˛) vs 3.931 million sq miles (10.18 million km˛).

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    The general idea is that a significant portion of the alcohol cooks off, because it has a much lower boiling point than water does. You do have to cook things fairly hot to get it all out, but if you're cooking meat all the way through, that's not really a problem. It leaves the flavor, without making the food alcoholic.
    And if one is too scared to deal with trace amounts of alcohol left from cooking with minute quantities (*le gasp*) then they even sell flavor extracts for the faint of heart.

I'm a broke college student! Even at cheap prices, I likely can't afford them.

Not even slightly.
    Being a broke college student is the mother of invention. Besides, you just said you have a treasure trove of stuff that you could try to make work using DOS emulators and the like.

huh

Let's just say that there's two kinds of rumballs and only one can make you drunk after you've gorged yourself on them enough to make yourself sick from the quantity of food alone.

You did not.

Well, now you know, I suppose.

A majority of us, likely, if not, then probably a plurality.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-06-27 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

I've never quite run into a good substitute for buttermilk for baking with, I must admit, all of the proposed substitutes are lacking that je ne sais quoi which makes it worth using. As a beverage on the other hand, well, I can see why gaining some measure of actual refrigeration technology available to the public would cut down on its consumption in favor of, say, raw milk or pasteurized milk.
    Who said it had to be a good substitute? For as long as people won't have to throw away half a package of a too niched ingredient because they bake all too seldom, they'll accept it.

Mustard on the side, mustard added at the table? Ours is peas, ham, garlic/onion/black pepper for seasoning as a baseline, IIRC. I think sometimes the soup is cut with some form of dairy as part of the cooking process, but not really eaten with it as a side.
    Mustard added at the table. I don't really know what it's supposed to achieve, because I dislike mustard in general, but that's how it's usually eaten.

Which aren't supposed to be sweet anyway, but you're putting sweet whipped cream on them in order to eat them with pea soup. Or else you guys don't include sweetening as part of the process of making whipped cream, but then there's the second point of confusion in the form of creaminess while eating pancakes and pea soup flavored with ham and mustard.
    Sweetening the whipped cream? That's only for the desserts. And I suppose you'll have to experience it yourself if you are to make sense of it...

You could probably reach the character limit for posts just listing out what all we have in this one country.
    All kook or all anything?

The country is about the size of the continent of Europe, I believe, 3.794 million sq miles (9.827 million km˛) vs 3.931 million sq miles (10.18 million km˛).
    Yeah, except it's a little like thinking "all Europeans are German" and "all Europeans are French" at the same time.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, you might want the wood, and it's structurally sound, just... not everything on it works as it should.

Honestly, you don't have to be a good cook to grill steak. Seriously, I put less effort into making that than I do most sandwiches. It literally is: put on grill. Flip once or twice. Eat. It's not even the "easy" that my stepmom calls some meals, where she uses half the dishes in the kitchen and makes a giant mess of the place - it's easy enough that the guy who can barely cook pasta can make it. Give it a shot; it's not as hard as it looks.
    Hmm... Sounds like a lot of furniture then.

But I don't even count as a bad cook I'm that terrible. However, if you people think that I can do it, then I'll think about it. I just need to convince my Mum to let me try.

That's weird, they're mother and daughter, those can't be equals, can they? Gah, I can never remember kitty social hierarchies properly.
    It's one of the ways cats show close familial bonds.

Just the one, and she doesn't do anything.
    Oh, and plus a stray who's slowly getting more comfortable around me, I give it a month or two and I'll be able to pat him.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #311
    Bugbear in the Playground

Something I know! You need a flux in the mix for making glass. That's something to keep it from bunching up and making grains again once the sand cools. If you get a natural flux in the lava, it cools into obsidian instead of rock. It's not exactly right to say that flux keeps melted stuff liquid but it's close enough.

The theory about cats licking to own explains so much. Although I will add that this cat will lick me when I have delayed feeding it wet food. That is no mystery. That's a taste test. :(

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

I do.
    A majority of us, likely, if not, then probably a plurality.
    Just the one, and she doesn't do anything.
    Oh, and plus a stray who's slowly getting more comfortable around me, I give it a month or two and I'll be able to pat him.
    Yup. Plenty of cats.
    Well, now you know, I suppose.
    I do. So, does the spirit float around you, or...?

13. - Top - End - #313

I have a dog! It's a sheetzu, but not spelt that way since the dog breed isn't classified as something that is okay in regards to the censors, which I find funny.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

Typing "shi'tzu" is perfectly possible on this forum. You probably just misplaced the apostrophe... unless I'm mistaken, and did so myself...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-06-27 at 10:25 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

15. - Top - End - #315

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have a dog! It's a sheetzu, but not spelt that way since the dog breed isn't classified as something that is okay in regards to the censors, which I find funny.
    How does dog like arctic land?

I do. So, does the spirit float around you, or...?
    If you're hallucinating mudkips, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a poke ain't mon.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #316
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Why would the censors block "Shih Tzu"?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

If you're hallucinating mudkips, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a poke ain't mon.
    A reference, I think. I like the pun at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    A variant spelling, perhaps?

18. - Top - End - #318

NecromancerGuy

A reference, I think. I like the pun at the end.

99 Problems, but then, you do apparently have an irrational hatred of music.

Try it out as one word and I'm sure you'll see how that could happen.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #319
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

No variants listed on Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shih_Tzu

Try it out as one word and I'm sure you'll see how that could happen.
    Shihtzu?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

99 Problems, but then, you do apparently have an irrational hatred of music.
    It's... It's not irrational.
    No variants listed on Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shih_Tzu
    Bah.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Shihtzu?
    It's only blocked when you get rid of the bold letter (which people often do) and forget to replace it with either a hyphen or an apostrophe.

But then, that's to be expected.

...There's got to be some sort of story here...
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-06-27 at 10:52 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

22. - Top - End - #322

I didn't know it was spelt that way...

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

...There's got to be some sort of story here...
    There isn't, really.

24. - Top - End - #324

NecromancerGuy

There isn't, really.
    Darn, you'd gotten my hopes up. :/ It really is so bizarre to me that I had to keep from poking and prodding and trying to vivisect your brain on the matter the first time it came up.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... Sounds like a lot of furniture then.

But I don't even count as a bad cook I'm that terrible. However, if you people think that I can do it, then I'll think about it. I just need to convince my Mum to let me try.
    It's pretty heavy, aye. I'm glad I haven't had to move the thing.

Come on, you can't be that bad.

If you disliked certain kinds of music, I'd say that's not irrational. But having a blanket dislike for all music strikes me as a bit silly. I'm having trouble coming up with a metaphor for what I'm trying to say that makes sense...

ION: Saw Na'ir Al Saif, Infirmary, and Savage Kenny - the show rocked. The same guy drummed for the Na'ir Al Saif and Savage Kenny, so he was dead tired when they finished their set. (and Robin convinced 'em to play The Trooper right after that, too). \m/(>w<)\m/

Midnight's a good time to eat dinner, right?
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

There isn't, really.
    Do you like any sort of sound?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #327

NecromancerGuy

It's pretty heavy, aye. I'm glad I haven't had to move the thing.

If you disliked certain kinds of music, I'd say that's not irrational. But having a blanket dislike for all music strikes me as a bit silly. I'm having trouble coming up with a metaphor for what I'm trying to say that makes sense...

ION: Saw Na'ir Al Saif, Infirmary, and Savage Kenny - the show rocked. The same guy drummed for the Na'ir Al Saif and Savage Kenny, so he was dead tired when they finished their set. (and Robin convinced 'em to play The Trooper right after that, too). \m/(>w<)\m/

Midnight's a good time to eat dinner, right?
    Moving Furniture is just about the worst thing I've had to do by myself, I must admit.

If you can avoid killing people while following the instructions in Chemistry Class, you can learn to cook and can follow a recipe, even if you do have to go on youtube in order to actually see how certain techniques are physically done or consult reference material to understand certain terms. The Internet is powerful tool in this regard, after all.

It's like finding a person who just plain lacks a component of what one had thought was part of what made human beings people. And even more jarring than when people discover that asexual people exist and react badly.

On the bright side, it sounds like he worked off his drinking for the next two nights. Also, like fun.

That's when I ate dinner.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Darn, you'd gotten my hopes up. :/ It really is so bizarre to me that I had to keep from poking and prodding and trying to vivisect your brain on the matter the first time it came up.
    What, did you suspect it to be a traumatic event?

I usually don't like noise.
    Do you like any sort of sound?
    Sure. I like the sound chickens make.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure. I like the sound chickens make.
    Well, the term "music" is rather arbitrary. Chicken-sounds could be considered music just as much as anything else. Saying "I like chicken-sounds, but not music" is like saying "I like water, but not chemicals."

Water is a chemical: H2O.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-06-27 at 11:47 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the term "music" is rather arbitrary. Chicken-sounds could be considered music just as much as anything else.
    I suppose. It would be more exact to say that I dislike human music, then.