New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    *ahem*

Ted Turner would like to have a word with you. Please wait a moment while he paints himself blue.
    You mean he finally got around to getting back form inexplicably being still alive and married in the year 5002? *Waits to see if anyone get's that joke.*

BWR: That invites so many squicky thoughts....

Angelalex242: Ok, see, now, group of magical girls chasing the same protag and trying to balance it with saving the world sounds amazingly awesome and I would play THAT game.
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Angelalex242: Ok, see, now, group of magical girls chasing the same protag and trying to balance it with saving the world sounds amazingly awesome and I would play THAT game.
    Oh...you mean something like this?

Oh..and just found this in the recruitment boards, if anybody is interested...
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2014-08-02 at 06:05 AM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Okay, so I've been occupying my time a bit by randomly rolling characters for this...and I've had some interesting accidental combinations that may or may not make sense on average.

I have a Martial Artist/Sukeban who apparently is the epitome of "Might makes right", an Iinchou/Sensei-chan (the strangest one to me by far) who's also kind of a vampire, and the energetic Pervert/Genki with a Shrinking Violet quirk (easy to scare). I've managed to make the combos make sense, but the Class Rep/teacher combination seems kind of weird to me, so I thought I'd see how other people might reconcile it. Any other comments are welcome.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JBPuffin View Post
    Okay, so I've been occupying my time a bit by randomly rolling characters for this...and I've had some interesting accidental combinations that may or may not make sense on average.

I have a Martial Artist/Sukeban who apparently is the epitome of "Might makes right", an Iinchou/Sensei-chan (the strangest one to me by far) who's also kind of a vampire, and the energetic Pervert/Genki with a Shrinking Violet quirk (easy to scare). I've managed to make the combos make sense, but the Class Rep/teacher combination seems kind of weird to me, so I thought I'd see how other people might reconcile it. Any other comments are welcome.
    The Iinchou and Sensei-chan would mutually exclusive and not be able to be taken together just by their very nature. The rules do state that some combo's may be ruled out, and I think that combo should be an obvious choice.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

I am thinking about using the following advantage in an upcoming game, but I realize it interacts with Interference rolls, which no longer are a part of the game. Would it be possible to get an official errata on this advantage?

The Advantage in question:

Desperately Single: You’d do anything to find a boyfriend at this point, no matter how recklessly open it leaves you to the other girls’ schemes. Twice per episode, you may take +2 on an Allure or Skill roll, but you then take -2 on your next Interference roll.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu the Reptoid View Post
    I am thinking about using the following advantage in an upcoming game, but I realize it interacts with Interference rolls, which no longer are a part of the game. Would it be possible to get an official errata on this advantage?

Desperately Single: You’d do anything to find a boyfriend at this point, no matter how recklessly open it leaves you to the other girls’ schemes. Twice per episode, you may take +2 on an Allure or Skill roll, but you then take -2 on your next Interference roll.
    For the time being (unless Rainy chimes in), I would probably suggest that we fall back to the previous version of the advantage before interference:

Desperately Single: You’d do anything to find a boyfriend at this point, no matter how recklessly open it leaves you to the other girls’ interference. Twice per episode, you may take +2 on an Allure or Skill roll, but you then take -2 on your next Conflict roll.

- L. Long

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Iinchou/Sensei-chan is one where I don't think it would be unreasonable for the GM to veto it - the archetypes really represent distinct positions in the whole school hierarchy. If you wanted to play it a little loose, I'd consider that an immature teacher with a really hypocritical disciplinary streak to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu the Reptoid View Post

Aww crap, I missed one. Apply the -2 to Conflict rolls, like Mutazoia said. I'll go fix that.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Iinchou/Sensei-chan is one where I don't think it would be unreasonable for the GM to veto it - the archetypes really represent distinct positions in the whole school hierarchy. If you wanted to play it a little loose, I'd consider that an immature teacher with a really hypocritical disciplinary streak to her.

Aww crap, I missed one. Apply the -2 to Conflict rolls, like Mutazoia said. I'll go fix that.
    most can be handled by changing "Interference" with "Conflict" or "opposed Conflict"
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2014-08-03 at 08:19 PM.

- L. Long

9. - Top - End - #579

DrowGuy

My solution was to have her be a hall monitor, so vested with some direct level of student authority, while also being the Drama teacher and ergo being allowed some...freedom, with her time. And dress. And actions. Quite a lot, actually.

Show

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok....so I had intended to wait until Rainy finished writing up the new Advantages, but as there is a game forming up I thought I might as well release this now....so here we have it: High School Harem Comedy Beta v3.0

- L. Long

11. - Top - End - #581
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    Ok....so I had intended to wait until Rainy finished writing up the new Advantages, but as there is a game forming up I thought I might as well release this now....so here we have it: High School Harem Comedy Beta v3.0
    Looks good
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Martial Artist/Sukeban: This is a veritable match made in heaven actually. Think about it, you have a family that runs a successful Dojo. You don't need that much school since all you need is the diploma/certs on the wall when people walk in just to make them less uncomfortable taking lessons form you, and enough actual smarts to handle the money side of things which is something you'll pick up no problem when your learning it form your family. Meanwhile, being the punk let's you get time practicing your craft and getting real world experience using it, which helps you develop your proficiency with it and thus, set's you up to take over the martial arts school later in life more effectively, and building up your reputation as a fierce combatant with many many wins under your belt that will be highly marketable for you later in life and thus help business further. Meaning you dodge the bullet of the delinquent having few/no prospects after school ends.

Energetic Pervert/Genki: Flows very well, just have you be energetic and all but easy to embarrass in front of people you actually give a crap about attracting.

Iinchou/Sensei-chan: This one's also easy. She's the class rep, but she's teaching something outside of normal curriculum. Or outside even outside of the school all together. Gardening class, cooking class, flower arranging, tea ceremony, something like that. That way yes, they should be able to be combined since your now not occupying two different ranks in the schools hierarchy, your occupying two ranks, but in two distinctly separate hierarchy's.
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #583

The thing about Martial Artist/Sukeban...

Can they stack their +2 conflict advantages to become a goddess of war?

This also applies to other archetypes with nearly identical advantages, like Oujo/Vampire (Classy Lady/Elegant Fiend), or Oujo/Miko (graceful)

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

IIRC, similar bonuses don't stack if they are from different archetypes.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    Oh...you mean something like this
    Isn't that the creepy shonen series with the lot's of rape isn't that bad bits and the older chick hooking up with the younger under aged dude? If so then no, not what I meant.

Esprit15: T_T Awwww, I wanted to be a dreaded wargoddess among mortals!

Seriously though, we should think about that rule cause there are a lot of Archatypes that fit thematically really well but are made highly undesirable mechanically because of this.
    "I Burn!"

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Then make an archetype for it, Meta! Actually, a Kami archetype would be pretty cool. Not one of the major ones, mind, but just a nature spirit of some sort.

17. - Top - End - #587

Well...with Sukeban/Martial Artist, you could argue the Sukeban conflict bonus is 'street fighting' and martial artist is 'kung fu training'...which actually might well stack, combining practical dirty fighting with trained skill could and would be really effective.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Well...with Sukeban/Martial Artist, you could argue the Sukeban conflict bonus is 'street fighting' and martial artist is 'kung fu training'...which actually might well stack, combining practical dirty fighting with trained skill could and would be really effective.
    I've seen people who are just untrained brawlers. I've known people who are dedicated martial artists but have never been in a real fight in there lives. And I've known people who have a lot of back ally/bar room brawling experience and are dedicated martial arts hobbyists. Trust me. That third camp is a LOT more dangerous to be in a fight with then either of the first two.
    "I Burn!"

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the double post but I had a brilliant idea in another thread.

Spoiler: Idea for game.
    Show
    So the dragon has captured the princess, the king as declared he'll consent to her marrying whomever can save her form the dragon, ext. Usual fantasy deal.

So people show up to save her. None Conventional people. Lady Knight(s) who are interested, and assorted other beings (A mind flayer, a different dragon, a titan/giant, ext.) whom are all a rather exotic lot, female, and interested. And they show up to save her at the same time. Hi Jinks Ensue.

My question is, do we feel the game system as it is now would be ready for such a game, or am I better off for now borrowing an idea or two from it for house rules, and seeing about getting it put together in a different system till further notice?
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, do we have a witch archetype? I can't remember.

Show

21. - Top - End - #591

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Sorry for the double post but I had a brilliant idea in another thread.

Spoiler: Idea for game.
    Show
    So the dragon has captured the princess, the king as declared he'll consent to her marrying whomever can save her form the dragon, ext. Usual fantasy deal.

So people show up to save her. None Conventional people. Lady Knight(s) who are interested, and assorted other beings (A mind flayer, a different dragon, a titan/giant, ext.) whom are all a rather exotic lot, female, and interested. And they show up to save her at the same time. Hi Jinks Ensue.

My question is, do we feel the game system as it is now would be ready for such a game, or am I better off for now borrowing an idea or two from it for house rules, and seeing about getting it put together in a different system till further notice?
    I'm pretty sure this is just a standard Harem game with a sort of bizarre plot and a lot of more exotic archetypes. Still could be pretty standard, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    We don't! As far as I can tell, anyway...except the one on page 3! Can't believe I missed it.
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2014-08-16 at 07:30 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    There have been several suggestions for a Magical Girl archetype, but one hasn't been added yet.

- L. Long

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

That's more superhero, not magic user. Spells, potions, brooms and books were more my intention.

Show

24. - Top - End - #594
    Colossus in the Playground

I opened up a recruitment for this game, on the forums.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post17958520
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Question for Rainy because I'm curious about something. Other than the target for Just as Planned, are the abilities applied to a scene meant to be public or private?

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Public, I suppose. Otherwise it'd be kind of a crapshoot to use Just As Planned or that other advantage that lets you match the highest bonus being applied to a roll. Hopefully the removal of Interference should get rid of the potential problem of being picked on for being the first to announce a large bonus.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

27. - Top - End - #597

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    Public, I suppose. Otherwise it'd be kind of a crapshoot to use Just As Planned or that other advantage that lets you match the highest bonus being applied to a roll. Hopefully the removal of Interference should get rid of the potential problem of being picked on for being the first to announce a large bonus.
    Yeah, that didn't exactly really work out.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

28. - Top - End - #598

Turns out all bonuses are announced in secret. It's extremely unwise to announce bonuses...particularly if you're novaing your abilities...if somebody can just as planned and steal your win away.

Thus, we've found that practically speaking, everything must be done by stealth, that just as planned is forced to be a crapshoot for the sake of those who don't have it.

29. - Top - End - #599

So I had to open up re-recruitment in my harem game.

Join my mostly Yuri/all yuri supernatural harem game!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...e-recruitment)

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am posting to say this is awesome, And that I may run it for my school otaku club.