Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 70
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Like a shadow in the night

    Night life in the Government District of Athkatla is almost non-existent. The few guards that patrol the district were easy to sneak past or even walk by, since you didn't seem suspicions. You are amazed by the estates in the district, but you soon realize that they are all built on the back of the unfortunate peasants. You calmly approach the location that Walden marked as Roenall Estate.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    "Time to see what we are up against, I suppose."

    From her vantage across the street, Betrys begins with the time-honored tradition of larking; that is, she cases the joint. Or near as a dryad can be comfortable doing - her eyes are drawn more to the dark, wet places, holes where wall joins earth, where dirt and life and soil push up between flagstones, roots tunnel inexorably and crack the works of man with their ever-patient dilligence. But this is not in vain, completely. No, any tree is, to the desparate, a ladder, a baffle, and a perch in one. Fresh soil can hold tracks, but also cover them. Dirt in the eyes, rocks to the head, even a stray flower on the breath to convince a guard there is merely an open windowó or to send him running, in allergic fear, from a bee.

    "How do you suggest we start? Straight in, and to the back? Disguised? Or...?"




    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception, I suppose, but also a general lay-out of what we can see of the building, s'il vous plait?

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    At first glance the estate looks like an impregnable fortress. However, as you take a closer look you start to notice little cracks in it's defenses. You can see an opened window on the second floor. The room is unlit and vines that grow along the wall could offer enough support for someone light enough. There seems to be only one guard at the back entrance, and he should be easy to subdue. With enough trickery and diplomacy even the front door could be an option. Some plan will probably be needed before you continue.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Iron slithered up silently next to Betrys, "Steady lass." He whispered, so not to startle her.

    "'At slimeh weasle, Walden, sen' t'us." His blue eyes went over the walls of the estate in front of them. "T'is it, then. Ack, bub's play."

    A calloused hand removed a strand of green hair from his face. "Other two jus' ahind meh. Shan't be long."

    "'Is quarters must be upwards, but meh climbin' not the best. Mus' a'mit."

    "If one of ya climb first, through yonda windaw and put a rope down. Ack, aye should be 'right to follaw."


    He fingered his crossbow and eyed off the guard of the backdoor. It had been some time since he had drawn blood in a serious fight, and though he wasn't oft the bloodthirsty type, he craved some action. His two hand crossbows were secured tightly to his belt, so as not to clink as he crept. And the rest of his armament on his back was prepared in the same way. He could still get to them quick, but their noise was dampened.

    The same blue eyes turned to his companion, Betrys, for the first time, "Ack, ye dunnot look the type te be scallying up yonder wall." He paused, "Nor the type to be sneakin'."

    "Methinks we need a plan that calls for a diversion." Captain Captain Iron points to the big lumbering Betrys, "How 'bouts ye go start a fire over yonder. Find yeself a barn or shed. Set it alight. That's 'ill get all ye guards outta the house and us sneaky type can finds what weh needs."

    He paused, the imaginary fire lighting his eyes. "And if ye get ye chance, try an' stay outta sight. Try 'en to come 'ack here, and if he hasn't left, get rid of 'im so we 'an come out." He motions to the single guard at the backdoor.

    Iron looks to where Camille and Shorty should be, "'Ich one of ye can scally up ye wall?"
    Last edited by Jawdan; 2013-07-28 at 10:06 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    SHORTY

    Shorty watched his companions almost as closely as he watched his own back. This was a city of liars, cutthroats, thieves, brigands, slavers and much, much worse. "I must be as silent as the night and as fast as lightning. Oh god what's that!" He flips around and sees that it is only a small fly. Shorty breathes a sigh of relief, "At least it wasn't a bounty Hunter or slaver... This time."

    "I'm only doing this to get paid. Let's not take unnecessary risks, eh? I don't want to get caught and s... That is to say, I don't want to seized and forced to clean dishes, like the last time I got caught.... Yes, clean dishes...."


    "Mental note, I must remember I have told these people I was captured and forced to clean dishes after trying to skip out on a tab. That's an easy lie to maintain. Nice and simple. Simple... Yes, simple. Don't let it get complicated..."

    "Fire! Yes... Fire. Fire is an acceptable way to create a distraction. Someone go light one! Let us not be seen by the enemy. Let them see only what we want them to see, in this case our fire... Then we can sneak in and do what we must do... Yes... Yes... No muss, no fuss, no coconut! Fire!"


    Spoiler
    Show
    Shorty

    HP: 12 / 12
    Healing Surges: 5 / 5
    Healing Surge Value: 3
    Augment Points: 2 / 2

    Dishearten
    Memory Hole
    Ghost Sound
    Send Thoughts
    Distract
    Fade Way
    Telekenetic Anchor


    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-07-28 at 04:50 PM.
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    "Aye, aye. All wants to live for the coin."

    Captain Captain Iron let his gaze linger on the gnome, "Aye, not many that like to clean dishes." His eyebrow raised in slight confusion. Have I met this gnome once before?

    "Seemin' as Short-teh', here, ain't 'xactly volunteered, ya want to climb the wall?" His question was obviously directed at Camille. Then to Betrys, "And ye 'right to light the barn? No muss, nah fuss, no coconut, as it were?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Betrys freezes at the touch and the words. It is not a rigid tension, so much as a composed awareness, a shifting of breath. But it is a freeze nonetheless. When the gruff sounding man finishes introducing himself, she pats him lightly on the arm in familiarity, once, before her fingers trail away. She laughs a laugh like tinkling bells.

    It is good to meet you. And never fear, we can make the climb, and silent to boot. I'm just making sure everything is in place... Do we know exactly what we are here for?

    Shorty's arrival, twitching and looking about, makes her curious. She draws in one slow breath and releases, a cherrywood scent coming unbidden, and a sense of relaxation, assuredness and patience flow from her into the minds of those around.

    I don't know about fire, she responds, biting her lip, I would like to keep property damage low if we can, we don't need to hurt anyone or their things. Besides, a fire will bring more light and more scrutiny. I was taught to think more sideways when I can.

    The dryad wraps her arms around her un-mailed stomach, growing slightly. If one of us could make it to the kitchens, throw out some smocks, we could surely walk in as if we belonged. Or if we could copy the guard's uniform... But it may be better simply to go into the widow and find the documents.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    "T'is a pleasure, to be sure." It was hard to look away from the dryad.

    "A bright light makes it harder for those who look at it, to see in the dark. A fire, ain't be necessi-teh - merely a spot more fun. Aye?"

    He chuckled a warm, hearty, yet quiet laugh at her suggestion of disguise. "Aye, that may work, yet this hair ain't easy to lose from ye mind." He pulled at a string of great hair, "Ye ain't exactly got the looks to pass as a scullery maid." He chuckled again, "An' Short-teh has told us what he reckons of dishes."

    "Nay, if I were a bettin' man, an' that may be the case, I'll put coin on the windoh."

    "The slim-eh one on-leh mention' some-ten 'bout detailed records. Imma assumin' t'ey be written."
    He chuckled at the thought of them stealing a bard with the details memorised.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    No. No. No. No. Noooooo...!!! Lies! Blasphemy! GAH!

    Shorty slams his palm into his forehead, leaving a bright red mark.

    "I... Uhhh... That is to say... Uhhh..."


    I will get you evil pirate man whom thinks I do not recognize him! Oh I shall pay you back 10 fold for calling out my lies! You shall RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED SHORTY... Again...!!!


    Shorty hangs his head low. His lies have once again gotten him into a big mess.

    "W-where's the kitchen... So I can perform the duties that which I have stated I have done before... So... I just need find three cook uniforms? Should I cook you a meal too? Perhaps some lemon chicken drizzeled with Shadow Dale White Sauce?"
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-07-29 at 04:47 PM.
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Everything plot-related grinds to a halt in a single crystal moment. Betrys turns and looks at the gnome with wide eyes and uncertainty. C... Can you? Cook that, I mean?

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Shorty smacks his forehead once more.

    "O-Of course I can... W-When I was... D-detained by those nasty... C-cooks for skipping my bill, they eventually wound up taking a shine to me. They taught me h-how to cook... Lemon Chicken drizzled with... Shadow...? Dale...? Sauce...? Yes that was it! Lemon Chicken with Shadow Dale Sauce! I can cook that. Why couldn't I cook that? If I had a hearth in front of me, why I would make it for you right now... But... I can't because... We're... On a mission! Yes! I cannot cook it for you now because we are on a mission and that would be most inappropriate."

    Shorty awkwardly laughs as a means to push the conversation beyond the chicken.

    "Ok... Let' see... So I ran out on a bill... The Chefs liked me and taught me how to cook... Oh god, what was it...? Lime Chicken with Shadow Dale Sauce...? There was a color in there too... Let's see... Sauces are usually brown, white or red... Gotta pick one... Red! Yes, I remember, it was Red! That sounds right... Ok... I must remember all of this... I will not trip over myself with my lies... No sirey, not this Gnome. My mind is a vault that clearly separates fact from fiction and the intricate ways in which the two are interwoven..."

    "I'll make you that Lime Chicken some other time but right now we need to focus on the mission... Wait... What was the plan again?"
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-07-29 at 04:45 PM.
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    The dryad gazes at the wee gnome with amusement and wide-eyed wonder. We could, though! Such a dish as that, certainly a man like this would call away for such a skilled chef! We can get you into the kitchen and from there, you make your meal. The best way to sneak in is to be allowed in, right? Who else but a famous travelling chef to be allowed in a lord's manor?

    Excitement and a bit of hedonistic hunger roll off Betrys in almost tangible psychic waves while she gazes, starry-eyed, at the small chef.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Captain Captain Iron looked between Betrys and Shorty - something wasn't quite right here, he thought. But he was not sure; while the gnome looked familiar, he wasn't burnt into his memory and could not recall of they had met before. Probably just one of those things. He decided.


    "'Ere's a thought. Pret-teh la-deh, ye go convince yonder guard te fol-lah back te these here bushes. Then we whack him, 'n' I take this 'ere uniform and ye's can follow me in as guests if we get seen. Then we ain't stuck in 'em galley?"

    "What say ye?"
    Last edited by Jawdan; 2013-07-29 at 08:29 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20)[20]
    Just a quick insight roll to see if I pick up shorty's lies. Just to add to the fun of our character's history! :)

    2nd post cause I struggled with the roller code on my phone.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Shorty

    The Gnome smiles, "Yes, I like that idea. Lure them here with your feminine wiles, then let the big man pound them into the ground! Yes... Yes... Capital idea. So we have Plan Pepper (the fire), Plan Potato (climb up into the window) and Plan Butterscotch (feminine wiles)." With a wide grin the Psion whispers, "My vote is for plan Butterscotch."

    Shorty's eyes dart around, eying his surroundings. Secretly, he hopes no one mentions the lack of the plan involving the kitchen...
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Shorty's Bluff: (1d20+8)[27]
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    A laugh. Okay, fine. I was being greedy anyway, I just thought that sounded really good!

    I'm not going to seduce the fellow, though. And I don't lie very well Ohgoodnessdoubleentendre so I would rather e more direct. Now... Betrys looks again, sizing up the area. We can get close if we need to, by coming in from the side. The wall will keep us from being seen, and getting over it should be simple. Once over though, getting down will be loud and then we need to deal with the guard. So if someone were to... Yes, I think we can distract him and that will clear the way for us to get through. Then one can climb the vines and we will meet upstairs. Does that sound good to everyone?

    Without waiting for a response, the dryad turns back to crouching and peering at the house. Are you ready, my sweet? I'll need your help with that mean old wall, I'm afraid~!

    With the velvet sound of silk on silk, a stretch of shadow detaches from the wall by Captain Iron and yawns, exposing aymmetrical fangs amidst a carnivore's tools with a low, lazy growl. The panther, larger than a man (and truly, larger than any mortal panther, though in which way it is hard to place) pads nigh silently to the dryad, where it awaits the entre touch and shuffle of nails through its fur. Olay, we're ready, and we'll take the wall. Who wants to come with me and who wants to go through the window?

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    SHORTY

    Shorty wigs out when he sees a massive panther - the size of ten Gnomes - magically materialize out of the wall on which he was leaning. It is as if his nightmares have been given shadowy ephemeral form. He tilts his head this way and that way as he eyes go haywire. As if in a trance, the Psion whips out his Orb and brandishes the holy symbol of Corellon. As he does, he whispers, "Do not attack me beast for I am armed with weapons unknowable even to creatures of the night!" With each word uttered, Shorty backs away one step. "I am Shorty the proud, Shorty the wise, Shorty the mighty! I do not fear nightmares! I AM a nightmare! You shall taste the bitter spittle of defeat if you dare tread one paw closer to m... Me...?" As if waking up from a dream, the Gnome realizes the beast is not evil but rather fully under the command of Betrys... "By the gods woman! You about scared me half to death! That is to say... I wasn't scared... Just intimidated... No... Why do you even have such a massive behemoth? How did you tame such a creature? Truly your adventures have taken you to dark, mystical places..."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2013-07-31 at 01:35 AM.
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    The beast was a surprise, but after an initial start, Captain Captain Iron played it cool. "Aye, I always knew 'twas yonder." He stated sheepishly.

    "Ack, quiet ye flapper, Short-teh." The pirate grumbled with a tone of mirth, "Lad, go distract yonder guard, then we'll pull ye up from the win-dah."

    He shooed with his hands, "Go on, Short-teh, make us proud, 'eh?"

    The once pirate captain, stared at the gnome, quietly wondering why he lied about being able to cook.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Well, it was a normal place for me. I find thisó Betrys gestures to, well, the city, far stranger. But such experiences are what make life fun~! Let's get these papers we need. If nothing else, they can prove whether walden was telling the truth.

    The dryad moves forward to the wall, slow as one out for a stroll. Once she reaches the lee, however, she quickly rubs the panther behind its ears before straddling the great cat, holding on as it first leaps, and then scrabbled up the top of the wall. Her dismount is smooth as fluid, and she holds an arm downward to assist Captain Iron in the climb.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Using fey panther's climb speed :3
    It can just carry me like I was loot, after all~

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    "Ack, so ye say. Not quite 'onest that one." Iron spat at the mention of Walden, not quite convinced of his intentions.

    "Right, up I go then." Crouching down, the pirate captain readied himself briefly, and then took a leap onto the small ledge of a fence.

    "Go 'round 'n' holler or somethin', Short-teh."

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[13]

    Acrobatics check to flip onto the wall! :D

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    SHORTY

    The Gnome recoils from being directed to do something by this... Slaver! But he must hide his own inner rage for he is no longer Ethelbert Fogg, he is now Shorty... Best to keep up the illusion just in case my past comes to haunt me...

    Shorty gingerly sneaks along the outer wall to a point near the back entrance. He takes in his surroundings and finds a cozy place to hide by some crates and bins of rubbish. Taking in a deep breath, Shorty considers how best to distract the guard. A devious smile crosses his face as he thinks of a solution.

    Calling upon his gnomish heritage he casts a simple spell his father called "Spirit Noise."

    A high pitched wail echos across the back alleyways. A woman's voice, panting and scared screams, "HELP ME! HELP ME! THERE'S A MAN TRYING TO KILL ME! I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR SOME BRAVE MAN TO RESCUE ME! HELPPPPPP!"

    Shorty then ducks down behind cover so as to not be seen.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Stealth - (1d20+9)[28]

    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Captain Iron has a fine, black and shadowed view of a feline's rump. The panther lounges on the wall between he and Betrys, polite enough not to swat the pirate with a tail.

    But slowly, visible even through the shadows, the dryad's head lifts from the wall and can be seen, comically, over the cat, wide eyed. Silently she mouths, this is stealth?

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    "Ehhh," The pirate began to reply, as the gnome attempted to distract the guard, "'Tis the breakin' of 'eh egg 'afore we sep'a'rate 'eh yolk. Aye?" He whispers.

    "Now weh gotta get to 'eh wall o'er yonder, so weh can snuck in all quiet like. Savvy?"

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Shorty's magic works wonders on the guards as they both rush into the back alley. Passing the back entrance, they pause looking for the cause of disturbance. Seeing nothing they split up searching the neighborhood.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC The path is opened, but once they find nothing they will be back. I suggest you hurry.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    SHORTY

    After seeing the guards rush out of sight into the backalleys, the Gnome ducks inside the walls and finds his companions as quickly as possible, while still remaining as quite as a church mouse.
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned
     
    SiuiS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere south of Hell
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    That's our cue, Betrys whispers. Let's go. I'll take the vines up the window, you two go in through the door, okay? Come on, sweetness~! Dropping swiftly, and with as little sound as a woman in chainmail can, she moves to the back area with the vines and once again takes the climb with her shadow-incarnate panther.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Philemonite's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    Betrys

    Spoiler
    Show
    You have no problem as you swiftly climb the vines and enter the room through the window. When you look around you realize that you are in some kind of office. The shelves are full of parchments and they all seam to be labeled by year and month. You wonder if the documents you are looking for are here. It would be foolish to leave them in the open, but perhaps the man was simply to confidant in his security.


    Shorty and Captain

    Spoiler
    Show
    As you enter through the back door you find yourself in a big corridor. Modest decorations on the walls lead you to believe that this part of the estate is not often used by the nobles. You only get a chance to take a few steps before a voice interrupts you. As you look into the room where the voice is coming from you realize that it belongs to a serving girl and that she is asking you what you are doing in this part of the manor.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

    LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Aus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    "Dear girl, I think we have gotten ourselves lost! May I please ask you the favour of leading on to the spare room. My friend and master, Professor Ackleston, has been walking for the better part of the afternoon." He leaned in, accent mysteriously gone, "It's bad for his corns, I hope you understand."

    He looked around, lips pursing, "Is it upstairs?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+8)[20]
    Many thanks to OhMyGodImOnFire for the wonderful drawing of my avatar.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Felhammer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My 🐧🏰
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin (Mission 1b)

    SHORTY

    The Gnome scrambles into the corridor and is confronted by number nine on his list of ten worst fears - creepy children asking questions they ought not be asking to strangers. Short's head twitches a bit and his left eyelid goes a bit haywire. He is soothed by the moral-less brigand's lies, at least for now...
    DMing:
    The Heroes of Jinshu - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Forge of Fury - IC / OOC / Doc
    The Maze of Shattered Souls - IC / OOC / Doc
    Stomping Ground - IC / OOC / Doc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •