New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: By the Inferior Science of our Enemies: Gramarie Mark II

I worry that only bringing bleeding in in the doctorate levels could really hurt the utility of the class. Comparing it to arcanodynamics, the Constructvity hearts are like passive engines. You don't need to put any direct energy into them, you can just bury them (or leave them out in the open in the case of tin) and theyll work for you. What made arcanodynamics interesting was that you could input, convert, and output, to turn a crank and shoot bursts of fire, or loads of other things. Whether its earlier access to bleeding, or some other effect, I think something should be added to the earlier levels to give the Constructivitist something to do with their ebbs.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ettin in the Playground

Wouldn't that make it too similar to ARCD? I mean imho the disciplines should be combined with each other, a character should not only have CONT principles, and as I see it ARCD is currently the only source off ebbs available on the disciplines, CONT is slightly more efficient and the ebbs come from somewhere else, it also is more versatile giving you more materials to choose from thus I don't think it is necessary to really give them a reverse output.

Personally I see gramarie as an awesome homebrew because it has several extremely good and interesting options but you cannot take them all at the same time. If I make CONT much better than ARCD the point of taking ARCD principles will be reduced. If I am capable of making constructivity an interesting choice, flavorful but slightly weaker than other "canon" disciplines I will be happy, and from there I will let Kellus (and the playground) review it and see if we make it "canon" for the next installment of the gramarist.

Still it is true that it would be nice to introduce bleeding effects sooner and I might switch the 266 elements to Doctorate level and give the bleeding in magisterial at that point. What do you think?
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

3. - Top - End - #933

Those are good points. Easy input-output would make it much more of an arcanodynamics clone unless the bleeding is quite creative (as I hope it will be ).

I still think something should be added, to make things more interesting for the constructivist, but I haven't come up with any good material beyond what I already mentioned. Ideally something that can be used creatively.

I think you should reorder the bleeding into magisterial. Maybe think about tweaking the 266 elements to be of more doctorate level epicness, but they'd be fine as they are if you don't want to.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Firbolg in the Playground

What about actually making it a battery? Oricalcum is the only thing capable of storing ebbs and it's pretty expensive, so, why not make constructivity more of a battery discipline?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

What are the rules/restrictions for aid another when preparing principals?

A few of the principals have very high DCs, so a natural response by many PCs would be to look into taking advantage of the aid another rules. Turning iron into gold requires a DC 50 Diplomacy check; and at level 7, your realistic maximum is +23 (10 ranks + 3 Cha + 2 equipment + 2 Diplomatic Immunity + 6 synergy). Not even with Take 20 could you succeed unless you make sure the setting permits a +10 Diplomacy items, which is a custom item to say the least.

Without restriction, having about a dozen assistants should allow for one to reliably squeeze gold out of lead. However, one can easily make the argument for a limit on assistants you can have (too many cooks) and even require the assistants to have varying levels of competency to grant the aid another; ranging from knowing any gramarie, having ranks in Diplomacy and/or Knowledge (architecture & engineering), to knowing the same Alchemical principal as the primary actor.
    Last edited by virgileso; 2013-12-01 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Elaboration

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    Those are good points. Easy input-output would make it much more of an arcanodynamics clone unless the bleeding is quite creative (as I hope it will be ).

I still think something should be added, to make things more interesting for the constructivist, but I haven't come up with any good material beyond what I already mentioned. Ideally something that can be used creatively.

I think you should reorder the bleeding into magisterial. Maybe think about tweaking the 266 elements to be of more doctorate level epicness, but they'd be fine as they are if you don't want to.
    At the moment what I am considering is that the bleeding destroys the heart but creates material from the plane, from there I plan more or less in creating esoteric materials for each plane. For example, for the plane of ooze I am thinking of this:

The sludge of life: Tasty and fulfilling it feels like a burst of life wherever it touches. If you can gulp it down it is even more lively! By consuming X amount per day you are sated for a week, unfortunately if you keep eating you get to lively. Each dose after the first effectively ages you 1 day, you heal as if you had spent that day resting and are sated.

This has applications outside of gramarie it's easy food. It also has good applications on gramarie because sometimes you need to age fast your biollurgical chasis. And is niche but good on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    What about actually making it a battery? Oricalcum is the only thing capable of storing ebbs and it's pretty expensive, so, why not make constructivity more of a battery discipline?
    Mh... hadn't thought about that, I will consider adding platinum hearts to give that option. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by virgileso View Post
    What are the rules/restrictions for aid another when preparing principals?

A few of the principals have very high DCs, so a natural response by many PCs would be to look into taking advantage of the aid another rules. Turning iron into gold requires a DC 50 Diplomacy check; and at level 7, your realistic maximum is +23 (10 ranks + 3 Cha + 2 equipment + 2 Diplomatic Immunity + 6 synergy). Not even with Take 20 could you succeed unless you make sure the setting permits a +10 Diplomacy items, which is a custom item to say the least.

Without restriction, having about a dozen assistants should allow for one to reliably squeeze gold out of lead. However, one can easily make the argument for a limit on assistants you can have (too many cooks) and even require the assistants to have varying levels of competency to grant the aid another; ranging from knowing any gramarie, having ranks in Diplomacy and/or Knowledge (architecture & engineering), to knowing the same Alchemical principal as the primary actor.
    You can basically create a loooooooooooooooooooooooooot of fine biollurgical chasis dump then in a square have them aid another you and shazam!
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

He can it will be more like a lot of hearts beating in unison and not just one big heart.
    How does making a control heart that you can tune others to (with a DC to allow for calibration,) so what you do to the control heart can influence the other hearts.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Do heuristical circuits need their bubble to envelop more than half of a gramarie to maintain connection, or does only a piece touching the field count? This makes a difference when you make a filter that's particularly long (1'x25').

Since circuits don't cross semi-space/flux boundaries, can logical decisions be made with a circuit whose bubble just covers the portal of a semi-space from the outside?

Can you shield a semi-space/flux from damage by lining the inside with wood paneling and the like (improves decor as well)?

Does the original maker of a circuit have to beat their original Autohypnosis check to change the logical decisions? When setting up the circuit, can they intentionally set their Autohypnosis check to be lower than what they rolled?
    Last edited by virgileso; 2013-12-01 at 11:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

*snip*
    Speaking of new Disciplines of Gramarie, I'm starting to think that it should be a rule that we keep any newly created Disciplines strictly in the Gramarie thread. Those pesky interlopers do not understand the MIGHT OF SCIENCE!!!!

Do heuristical circuits need their bubble to envelop more than half of a gramarie to maintain connection, or does only a piece touching the field count? This makes a difference when you make a filter that's particularly long (1'x25').
    Before I answer this, I have never seen anyone ask so many questions about Gramarie in all my days in this thread. I officially have a man crush on you.

NOW FOR ANSWERS!

Bubbles only apply when you are connecting Gramarie over massive sections of space. Having said that, they only need to be touching the very limits of the bubble or be inside the bubble. It doesn't matter how far or how close the wiring is, just so long as it is touching the very limits or inside the bubble.

Since circuits don't cross semi-space/flux boundaries, can logical decisions be made with a circuit whose bubble just covers the portal of a semi-space from the outside?
    I am not exactly certain on this since I don't recall if logical decisions can traverse through semi-spaces (I know ebbs cannot), but while searching I just so happened to discover something that I hadn't noticed for my favorite principle: HEUR 302

This principle targets a heuristical circuit whose bubble you are inside. As part of this principle you must also prepare a principle which has an immediate effect such as an alchemetric transformation or a kaleidomantic filter (the time required for this principle is in addition to the preparation time of HEUR 302, but you only need to prepare it a single time). You may program this active principle into the heuristical circuit, to be activated at some physical location within the bubble of the circuit. By routing puissance to this embedded principle, you can cause it to start preparing itself just as if it was being prepared for the first time. This has a drain of 1 ebb per round while the principle is being prepared.
    It doesn't really affect any of my blueprints or designs or anything, it is just really weird that I didn't notice that before. I guess my eyes just rolled over it whenever I sorted through it.

Can you shield a semi-space/flux from damage by lining the inside with wood paneling and the like (improves decor as well)?
    Since the food panelling is getting cover from the semi-space, while being in the semi-space, this is highly suspect so I doubt that this would be the case. The Semi-space would take damage unless you encase it. This is why most people that have played with the Gramarist use Semi-spaces in their robes or armor instead of in their bags and the ones that they use as shields are empty.

Does the original maker of a circuit have to beat their original Autohypnosis check to change the logical decisions? When setting up the circuit, can they intentionally set their Autohypnosis check to be lower than what they rolled?
    Yes and yes (because it is a skill check, you can willingly roll a 1), but you can get around this with Backdoor. Apparently, Kellus has never heard of the "Operating system"

The problem with making intentionally low Autohypnosis checks is that it leaves you open to getting hacked... I should have probably made that a mechanic for Psychomantics, which I am thinking of basing it more along the lines of Computer Science instead of Psychology, since it is kind of already drifting towards that end. Hell, just look at the latest prestige class... WELL enough about me, the answer is: Yes to both.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

10. - Top - End - #940
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Good to know questions are appreciated. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Since the food panelling is getting cover from the semi-space, while being in the semi-space, this is highly suspect so I doubt that this would be the case. The Semi-space would take damage unless you encase it. This is why most people that have played with the Gramarist use Semi-spaces in their robes or armor instead of in their bags and the ones that they use as shields are empty.
    How is the paneling getting cover from the portal? That's like saying you have cover from an open door when someone shoots at you from outside your apartment. The boundary/portal to the semi-space/flux itself is the one with the HP? That would make taking lit torches into your flux rather dangerous, since they'd deal 1d3 each time they enter/exit.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Orc in the Playground

Good to know questions are appreciated. :PHow is the paneling getting cover from the portal? That's like saying you have cover from an open door when someone shoots at you from outside your apartment. The boundary/portal to the semi-space/flux itself is the one with the HP? That would make taking lit torches into your flux rather dangerous, since they'd deal 1d3 each time they enter/exit.
    Let's continue your analogy of an open door. The air within the door doesn't take damage from the torch (or spells), since it isn't really a target. However, the door frame can easily be damaged by such things, and you'd have to worry about it failing should it take enough damage. The same goes for semi-spaces - it's the lip of the opening you need to worry about.
    Amazing Abjuration Avatar made by Serpentine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramarie IRC
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha
    <Fako> You laugh because it's true :P
    <~sirpercival> yes. yes i do.
    Skinshred Swarm (CR 9) / Reaper Wolf (CR 5) / Demonecris (CR 18)
    Indomitable (Melee PrC [5 Lvl])

12. - Top - End - #942
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fako View Post
    Let's continue your analogy of an open door. The air within the door doesn't take damage from the torch (or spells), since it isn't really a target. However, the door frame can easily be damaged by such things, and you'd have to worry about it failing should it take enough damage. The same goes for semi-spaces - it's the lip of the opening you need to worry about.
    Potentially with filters to hold the stone/metal in place (and thus make it functionally indestructible), can you build around the edges of the portal to shield it from damage? It would essentially be like carrying a window frame?

Another question: how long of a loop can an audio IMCH 101 be? Is it as restricted as magic mouth (25 words or less)? Can it be a two-hour radio program on repeat? Is it something in-between, potentially extendable with multiple preparations? I still say the literal animated gifs as seen on the newspapers in Harry Potter should only be IMCH 101, as they don't respond to the reader in anyway (even subtly, like the illusory grass bending to the real wind).

PSS: This is in regards to HEUR 101, "you can redefine any choices which were originally made when the individual components were set up." Does this mean you can redefine the opening of a flux attached to your pants pocket to be in a point of space beneath your enemy (summon pit trap), then reattach it to a different bag? Can you redefine a simple illusion and essentially replace the controlled function, or even redefine the visual illusion of a wall to be the visual illusion of a floating cloud?
    Last edited by virgileso; 2013-12-02 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Moar questions

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Potentially with filters to hold the stone/metal in place (and thus make it functionally indestructible), can you build around the edges of the portal to shield it from damage? It would essentially be like carrying a window frame?
    It would be indestructible... Until of course you destroy whatever is in the way. Most Semi-Spaces in the format that I believe you are talking about are surrounded by Door frames to prevent unintentional destruction of them.

Another question: how long of a loop can an audio IMCH 101 be? Is it as restricted as magic mouth (25 words or less)? Can it be a two-hour radio program on repeat? Is it something in-between, potentially extendable with multiple preparations? I still say the literal animated gifs as seen on the newspapers in Harry Potter should only be IMCH 101, as they don't respond to the reader in anyway (even subtly, like the illusory grass bending to the real wind).
    Nobody knows how long the audio loop can go for. I'd just let them go for however long they need, but being incapable of activating a spell trigger or whatever. Animated gifs or the Harry Potter newspaper, would be a programmed image created using IMCH 228. Not too much of a problem. It also allows for the creation of televisions as well. Hell, I think somewhere in the old thread we made the internet and a computer

PSS: This is in regards to HEUR 101, "you can redefine any choices which were originally made when the individual components were set up." Does this mean you can redefine the opening of a flux attached to your pants pocket to be in a point of space beneath your enemy (summon pit trap), then reattach it to a different bag? Can you redefine a simple illusion and essentially replace the controlled function, or even redefine the visual illusion of a wall to be the visual illusion of a floating cloud?
    No and I'm not sure how that would even be possible. Perhaps you should elaborate a bit more. Are you talking about making a black hole trap? I think someone has already designed that... Effectively you take an Arrow, apply a Semi-space as small as possible without closing it completely, and apply a Heuristic Circuit with a contingent trigger to expand and swallow the next creature the arrow head would strike and then immediately shut on them. This automatically kills them, which I believe is your goal with this device

It's effectively an Arrow of Annihilation using only Gramarie.

EDIT: working on Gramarist Gunslinger-type prestige class.

Spoiler: Gramarist Riflemen
    Show

Image by pangea-derlatek

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun...

Not every Gramarist is a nimby-pamby whiny baby trying to save or conquer the world. Some just don't give a damn anymore and fight more ruthlessly in combat than others. Often these warrior-gramarist are mistaken for Warmakers and their ability to use military sciences often serves to back this misunderstanding up, but the Gramarist Riflemen is nothing less, than a gun toting scientist.

Requirements: To become a Gramarist Riflemen you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Feat: Point-blank shot
    Gramarie: ELDK 219 and any ARCD principle
    Weapon Proficiency: Must be proficient with all martial weapons.
    Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Tumble 2 ranks, Use Magic device 8 ranks
    Specialization: Must be specialized in Eldrikinetics, Arcanodynamics, or be able to prepare Military Science principles

Hit Die: d6
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifer

Class Skills: A prime mover's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (all) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

The Gramarist Riflemen
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
    Principles

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Arts of War, double major, sharp student |
    +0

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Applied technologies, focused blast +1d6|
    +1

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Arts of War|
    +2

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Rapid Shot, sharp student|
    +3

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Arts of War, focused blast +2d6|
    +3

6th|+6|+5|+2|+5|Martial Law, martial sciences|
    +4

7th|+7|+5|+2|+5|Arts of War, sharp student|
    +5

8th|+8|+6|+2|+6|Altered vector, focused blast +3d6|
    +6

9th|+9|+6|+3|+6|Arts of War, Manyshot|
    +6

10th|+10|+7|+3|+7|Magitek Bullets, martial law, sharp student|
    +7
    [/table]

All of the following are class features of the Gramarist Riflemen

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Gramarist Riflemen gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Arts of War: The Gramarist Riflemen is capable of fighting on the equal level of a Warmaker due to the same training to varying degrees. A Gramarist Riflemen gains the ability to select and use the Art of War abilities off of the Warmaker list, provided you meet the prerequisites for them.

Double major: Riflemen are specialized in the more martial aspects of Gramarie, most notable Eldrikinetics and Arcanodynamics. As an Riflemen, you can learn specialist principles from both of these disciplines. However, this focus comes at a price. You give up ever learning any more principles beyond the Baccalaureate level from other disciplines in exchange for this double specialization. You do not, however, lose principles from other fields that you already know. If you run out of principles to learn, you can select one additional discipline to begin learning advanced principles from. If you don't already, you gain access to Magisterial principles when you enter this class. You add this classes levels to your total levels to determine what tier of principles you can access.

Sharp Student: Riflemen are masters of distanced combat, be it on the battlefield or in the lab. At 1st level, and every three levels thereafter, you learn a special discovery related to either Eldrikinetics or Arcanodyamics.

Applied Technologies (Ex): The most basic techniques for a Riflemen to master is the transition of energy from their favored weapon, the Eldrikinetic engine to the Transformer. When making an attack using a Ballistic Engine, the user may instead substitute the damage for a single ranged touch attack from a Transformer of the Riflemen's choice. This attack uses the Engines range and deals the Transformers damage. This only applies when using an Output and must still be sufficiently powered.

Focused Blast: At 2nd level, the Riflemen learns how to better aim their shots with their Eldritch Blast (if they have one; if they do not, they gain one using the damage listed on the table). You now double the rank of your Eldritch blast and by taking a full-round action to take aim at your target, you can deal twice as much damage, provided the creature is out atleast 60ft.

Rapid Fire: At 4th level, the Riflemen gains Rapid Fire as a bonus feat, even if they do not qualify.

Martial Law: At 6th level, and every 4th level thereafter, the Riflemen may select a single Martial Law that they qualify for from the Warmaker's list.

Military Science: If the Riflemen was not previously able to select Military sciences, they are now able to do so.

Altered Vector (Ex): At 8th level, when you would attack a creature that is behind cover you may ignore that cover so long as the creature is within 10ft of a vertical surface. Such an attack cuts the damage that the creature would take in half.

Manyshot: At 9th level, the Riflemen gains Manyshot as a bonus feat, even if they do not qualify.

Magitek Bullet: You have finally reached the pinnacle skill of riflemen training. You may now fire Transformers out of a Ballistic Engine, however those Transformers must first be linked to another Transformer that is in the opposite setting. Now, no matter the range (except through Semi-spaces), you may transfer ebbs between those two transformers and those two only.

Not meant to be an overpowered Prestige class, just a flashy one with a little flavor to it. With that, I'm off to go watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-02 at 06:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Animated gifs or the Harry Potter newspaper, would be a programmed image created using IMCH 228. Not too much of a problem. It also allows for the creation of televisions as well. Hell, I think somewhere in the old thread we made the internet and a computer
    Programmed has changeable triggers and can be set to actually respond to external stimuli (cooking imaginary meals, holding a conversation, etc), none of which are something that you get with a Harry Potter newspaper; their pictures can't even be turned off, unless you count folding them and putting them out of sight. It's a non-interactive loop identical the audio version, except with visual senses.
    No and I'm not sure how that would even be possible. Perhaps you should elaborate a bit more. Are you talking about making a black hole trap?
    Nothing quite so extreme is my goal. I'm looking explicitly at the "can redefine any choices which were originally made when the individual components were set up" statement. When you prepare a semi-space or an illusion, one of the choices you make from the beginning is the reference point it's attached to (be it a bag or in space), implying that can be changed/redefined. When you prepare an auditory illusion, the contents of the audio are decided when setting it up, much like choosing a direction for your polarcane's flux. What's the determination for when a decision on creation is subject to redefinition from HEUR 101?
    Last edited by virgileso; 2013-12-02 at 05:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Programmed has changeable triggers and can be set to actually respond to external stimuli (cooking imaginary meals, holding a conversation, etc), none of which are something that you get with a Harry Potter newspaper; their pictures can't even be turned off, unless you count folding them and putting them out of sight. It's a non-interactive loop identical the audio version, except with visual senses.
    A programmed function illusion can be either static or adaptive in nature, but it also has explicit programming built into it as well as any number of triggers for the behaviour. For example, this can generate auditory illusions which interact with people speaking to it, illusionary people who can cook an illusionary meal at the request of a real person, and so on. This is entirely a set of triggers and responses which are built into the illusion when you first construct it.
    Just predefine the triggers to perform the same imagery over and over again, without change whenever the thing is purchased from the news stand. The image does not have to interact with the user, it just has to be a 3d image (on a 2d surface), projecting a predefined series of images over and over again.

Nothing quite so extreme is my goal. I'm looking explicitly at the "can redefine any choices which were originally made when the individual components were set up" statement. When you prepare a semi-space or an illusion, one of the choices you make from the beginning is the reference point it's attached to (be it a bag or in space), implying that can be changed/redefined. When you prepare an auditory illusion, the contents of the audio are decided when setting it up, much like choosing a direction for your polarcane's flux. What's the determination for when a decision on creation is subject to redefinition from HEUR 101?
    The way you defined it effectively made it sound like you were asking if you can throw a semi-space, which you cannot do unless you are also throwing the object it is tethered to, and even then it is still required to be connected to the heuristic circuit that you are sending this command.

EDIT: Working on some Gramarie mechanics for a Ravenloft type horror setting.

EDIT: I didn't like my idea for horror mechanics involving Gramarie, so instead I decided to do something else entirely...

Spoiler: Gramarie in Ravenloft
    Show

Image by florentcourty

-.-. .- .-. -- --- - / ... ..- .--. .--. .-.. .. . ... / .- .-. . / .-. ..- -. -. .. -. --. / - .... .. -. .-.-.- / -.-. .... .- -. -.-. . / --- ..-. / ... ..- .-. ...- .. ...- .- .-.. / -.. . -.-. .-. . .- ... .. -. --. .-.-.- / -- .. ... - / .--. ..- .-.. .-.. . -.. / ..- ... / .. -. .-.-.- / -. --- / .-- .- .-. -. .. -. --. .-.-.- / .-. . ... -.-. ..- . / .. ..-. / .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. . .-.-.-
    -The message into the mist

There are persistent legends floating about wildspace that there is a blackened mist like anomaly that has been known to capture ships within it's reach and never release them. None, not even the greatest of Yggdratecturist, know what exactly happens beyond the black mist. The planeswalkers call this "The Mist" and select Psychomantist have been known to intentionally tune their transmitters to a frequency that The Mist exudes. This causes the creatures connected to these transmitters to enter a permanent state of fear and dread. Today, we're planning to forcefully make contact with the entity sending the message from beyond the mist...
    - Lilliana Inquest, Human Yggdratecturist, before mysteriously vanishing before the blackened mist

Science has existed at every point in history across the planes and it's fusion with magic was inevitable. Since the first spells were casted into existence by the first Gods and Goddess of magic and the intuitive mind has existed, Gramarie has always existed.

AND!!! I have no idea what to do right now... Someone send me a PM or something and I'll get back to this later if their is interest. I left a puzzle up their in morse for those of you with a hobby in cryptography (it's easy)... I wonder what's in the fridge... Something about a Gramarist Darklord in space or something...
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-02 at 09:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The way you defined it effectively made it sound like you were asking if you can throw a semi-space, which you cannot do unless you are also throwing the object it is tethered to, and even then it is still required to be connected to the heuristic circuit that you are sending this command.
    So the location of a tether is a choice that cannot be redfined by a a HEUR 101 circuit? What can you redefine?

For a leather transformer, if you tighten the output such that it counts as a projectile, can it extend outside the net?

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

So the location of a tether is a choice that cannot be redfined by a a HEUR 101 circuit? What can you redefine?
    The dimensions (shrinking a Semi-space to nearly closed to fully open and anywhere inbetwee) and status (on or off).

For a leather transformer, if you tighten the output such that it counts as a projectile, can it extend outside the net?
    No. No effect projected from a Transformer of any kind can escape it's net. The net is like Ravenloft. You do not leave Ravenloft unless the Dark Powers lets you (spoiler alert: It doesn't).
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-02 at 07:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #948

Since Arcanist put up a gunslinger, here is the gunslinger class I started making about four months ago then sorta forgot.... I think the deeds/invocations are the only thing I need to finish but I'm not sure.

The Gunslinger

"You see the size of that gun he fired at us? It was bigger than him."

The gunslinger is a master of ranged combat, using firearms or arcanodynamic cannons they can unleash powerful shots at their foes from immense range. They can be highly trained soldiers, snipers, vigilantes, or walking artillery.

Game Rule Information
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d10
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Skills: The gunslinger's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).

The Gunslinger
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |Deeds

1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Deeds (least), eldritch power +1d6, signature weapon|1

2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Bonus feat, nimble +1|1

3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Eldritch power +2d6, weapon of choice +1|2

4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|I call it vera, smith’s supply|2

5th|+5|+4|+4|+1|Eldritch power +3d6, specialized marksmen|3

6th|+6/+1|+5|+5|+2|Deeds (least or lesser), nimble +2 , sniper|4

7th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+2|Eldritch power +4d6, weapon of choice +2|4

8th|+8/+3|+6|+6|+2|Bonus feat, gunslinger’s instinct|5

9th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+3|Eldritch power +5d6, evasion|5

10th|+10/+5|+7|+7|+3| Deeds (least, lesser, or greater), nimble +3, weapon of choice +3|6

11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+7|+3|Eldritch power +6d6, improved specialization|7

12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+8|+4|Uncanny dodge, secondary weapon|7

13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+8|+4|Eldritch power +7d6, weapon of choice +4|8

14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+9|+4|Bonus feat, nimble +4|8

15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+9|+5|Deeds (least, lesser, greater, or true grit), eldritch power +8d6|9

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+10|+5|Secondary weapon, weapon of choice +5|10

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+5|Eldritch power +9d6, improved sniper|10

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+11|+6|Nimble +5|11

19th|+19/+4/+9/+4|+11|+11|+6|Eldritch power +10d6, weapon of choice +6|11

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+12|+6|Bonus feat, legendary gunslinger|12

[/table]

All of the following are class features of the gunslinger.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: Gunslingers are proficient with all simple weapons, and with all firearms and arcanodynamic cannons. They are proficient with all light armour.

Note: For the purpose of this class, a firearm is an eldrikinetic engine weapon (See below) and an Arcanodynamic Cannon is an output arcanodynamic transformer designed to be used as an infantry weapon. Statistics might be added at the bottom.

Deeds: A Gunslinger does not ready manoeuvres or stances as other martial combatants do. Instead, he possesses a repertoire of attacks, defences, and abilities known as deeds that require him to focus their unstoppable grit. A gunslinger can use any deed he knows at will, with the following qualifications:
    A gunslinger’s deeds are extraordinary ability, and using a deed is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity. A deed can be disrupted, just as a spell can be ruined during casting. A gunslinger is entitled to a Concentration check to successfully use a deed if he is hit by an attack while using a deed, just as a spellcaster would be.
    A gunslinger’s initatior level with his deeds is equal to his gunslinger level. The save DC for an deed (if it allows a save) is 10 + equivalent spell level + the gunslinger’s Wisdom modifier.
    The four grades of deeds, in order of their relative power, are least, lesser, greater, and True Grit. A gunslinger begins with knowledge of one deed, which must be of the lowest grade (least). As a gunslinger gains levels, he learns new deeds.
    At any level when a gunslinger learns a new deed, he can also replace a deed he already knows with another deed of the same or a lower grade. At 6th level, a gunslinger can replace a least deed he knows with a different least deed (in addition to learning a new deed, which could be either least or lesser). At 10th level, a gunslinger can replace a least or lesser deed he knows with another deed of the same or a lower grade (in addition to learning a new deed, which could be least, lesser, or greater). At 15th level, a gunslinger can replace a least, lesser, or greater deed he knows with another deed of the same or a lower grade (in addition to learning a new deed, which could be least, lesser, greater, or greatest).

Eldritch Power (Ex): As a standard action, a gunslinger can redirect an infusion of energy to activate weaponry. The ebbs created are sent into a Firearm or Arcanodynamic cannon you are in contact with. When this ability is used roll a number of d6 up to the number indicated in the above table, the result divided by 3 is the number of ebbs that are created (Rounded down). After this ability has been used, the gunslinger takes a -1 penalty to armour class for each d6 rolled, this penalty lasts until the start of your next turn.

Signature Weapon: A gunslinger gains one of the following weapons of his choice: Pistol, Radiant Cannon, or Resonance Cannon. You always treat your signature weapon as masterwork quality. With a week of training, you can change your signature weapon to any firearm or arcanodynamic cannon you own.

Bonus Feat: At 2nd level, a gunslinger gets a bonus feat. The gunslinger gains an additional bonus feat at 8th level and every six fighter levels thereafter (14th and 20th). These bonus feats can't be drawn from the feats noted as Item Crafting or Metamagic bonus feats. A gunslinger must still meet all prerequisites for a bonus feat, including ability score and base attack bonus minimums.
    These bonus feats are in addition to the feat that a character of any class gets from advancing levels.

Nimble (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a gunslinger gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC while wearing light or no armor. Anything that causes the gunslinger to lose her Dexterity bonus to AC also causes the gunslinger to lose this dodge bonus. This bonus increases by +1 for every four levels beyond 2nd level (to a maximum of +5 at 18th level).

Weapon of Choice (Ex): Upon reaching third level, the gunslingers signature weapon gains a +1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls, which stacks with any existing enhancement bonus. This enhancement bonus increases by +1 at 7th level, and again every three levels thereafter. These bonuses only applies when the gunslinger is using the signature weapon.

I Call it Vera: A gunslinger of 4th level gains the Item Familiar feat, which is applied to their signature weapon. If the gunslinger changes their signature weapon and you may reassign the special abilities of the item familiar.

Smith’s Supply (Ex): At fourth level, the gunslinger can create bullets with amazing ease. Once per day he can spend an hours preparation to create a number of bullets equal to the sum of his class level and his wisdom score. In addition he gains a bonus equal to his class level to all craft checks to create bullets outside of this ability.

Specialized Marksmen (Ex): Upon reaching 5th level, select either arcanodynamic cannons or firearms. When attacking with weapons of the chosen type, he applies his dexterity bonus to the damage roll.
    In addition, you gain an additional benefit depending on your choice:
    Arcanodynamic Cannons: The range per ebb for your Arcanodyamic Cannon’s is multiplied by 2.
    Firearms: The Firearms you attack with produce 100 more push than they normally would at no extra cost.
    At 11th level, you may either gain the other option for specialization, or improve your specialization. Improving your specialization grants a benefit depending on your choice.
    Arcanodynamic Cannons: The range per ebb for your Arcanodyamic Cannon’s is multiplied by 3.
    Firearms: The Firearms you attack with produce 200 more push than they normally would at no extra cost.

Sniper (Ex): At 6th level, whenever you make a full-round attack while using an arcanodynamic cannon or firearm, you deal an additional 1d6 points of damage per additional attack your Base Attack Bonus would allow if you were using a melee weapon. At 17th level, this extra damage increases to 1d12 per additional attack.

Gunslinger’s Instinct (Ex): At 8th level, gunslingers gain a bonus to initiative checks equal to his wisdom bonus.

Evasion (Ex): At 9th level and higher, a gunslinger can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the gunslinger is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless gunslinger does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 12th level, a gunslinger can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does he lose his Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. He still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A gunslinger with this ability can still lose his Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against him.

If a gunslinger already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.

Secondary Weapon: Upon reaching twelfth and sixteenth level, the gunslinger may attune himself to another firearm or arcanodynamic cannon. These secondary weapons benefit from the gunslingers Weapon of Choice, and can be changed with an hour of training.
    A gunslinger may choose to forgo obtaining a secondary weapon, to instead grant their signature weapon a special ability (as detailed in by the item familiar feat).

Legendary Gunslinger (Ex): After attaining 20th level, the gunslinger may enter a state with perfect aim and skill once per day as a swift action. While in this state, every attack roll he makes is maximized (treated as a natural 20) and he can take an additional 5 ft. step per turn. This lasts until the end of the encounter.

Deeds
    Spoiler
    Show

Deeds
    Least Deeds
    Bountyhunter’s Eye = New
    Charming Stranger – As Beguiling Influence
    Commando Perk = New
    Dazing Wound = New
    Duelist’s Gaze = Lock Gaze C*
    Gunman’s Luck – As Dark One’s Own Luck
    Gunslinger’s Defence = Protection from Arrows*
    Launching Shot = Gust of Wind*
    Leaps and Bounds
    Least Heavy Weapons = Reduce the effective weight for ranged weapons
    Least Thousand Barrels = Reduced Penalties for multi weapon fighting*
    Least Trickshot = Magehand*
    Least Warning Shot = Scare*
    Least Winded Wound = Touch of Fatigue on hit*
    Longshot = Longshot (Combat)*
    Ricochet Shot = Ricochet Shot C*
    Shattering Shockwave = Shatter*
    Spider’s Instinct = Locate Object (Firearms and Cannons only)*
    Stubborn Endurance = Endure Elements*
    Swift Gunman = Longstrider*
    Swift Reload = Reloading Hands C*
    Weakening Shot = Ray of Enfeeblement*
    Unnatural Deflection = Bullet Shield C*

Lesser Deeds
    Showman’s Ammunition = Abundant Ammunition C*
    True Instinct = Voidsense
    Frightful Presence
    True Strike = Truestrike*
    Swift as a Bullet = Expeditious Retreat*
    Blinding Shot = Blindness/Deafness*
    Lesser Deafening Shot = Shout*
    Prisoners Escape = Knock*
    Gritty Hero = Heroism*
    Lesser Stunning Shot = Hold Person*
    Enraging Wound = Rage*
    Lesser Just a Suggestion = Suggestion*
    Lesser Winded Wound = Ray of Exhaustion*
    Adrenaline Rush = Haste*
    Staggering Shot = Slow*
    Keen Eye = Keen Edge*
    Lesser Warning Shot = Fear*
    Lesser Shellshock = Confusion*
    Deadeye = Locate Weakness C*
    Lesser Thousand Barrels = Reduced Penalties for multi weapon fighting*
    Least Heavy Weapons = Reduce the effective weight for ranged weapons

Greater Deeds
    Stubborn Toughness = Draconic Toughness
    Exorcism Rounds = Dismissal*
    Greater Stunning Shot = Hold Monster*
    Greater Trickshot = Telekinesis*
    Gunslinger’s Resolve = Greater Heroism*
    Greater Just a Suggestion = Mass Suggestion*
    Annihilation Rounds = Disintergration*
    Greater Thousand Barrels = Reduced Penalties for multi weapon fighting*
    Greater Heavy Weapons = Reduce the effective weight for ranged weapons

Greatest Deeds
    True Exorcism Rounds = Banishment*
    Arcane Rebound = Spellturning*
    Greastest Shellshock = Insanity*
    Greatest Deafening Shot = Greater Shout*
    Perfect Instinct = Foresight*
    Greatest Thousand Barrels = Reduced Penalties for two weapon fighting*
    Greatest Heavy Weapons = Reduce the effective weight for ranged weapons

Gunslinger Shot Deeds
    Deeds with the Gunslinger Shot tag can be activated as a free action once per round. The benefits of the deed applies to every attack with a firearm or arcanodynamic cannons in the round. You can only use one Gunslinger Shot Deed per round.

New Least Deeds
    Spoiler
    Show

Bounty Hunter’s Eye
    Least; 1st
    You can use Deadeye’s Lore [UC] as the spell. This has a duration for 24 hours.
    Commando Perk
    Least; 1st
    You gain immunity to fall damage.
    Dazing Wound [Gunslinger Shot]
    Least; 2nd
    Any creatures damaged your attacks must make a fortitude save or be affected by a non-magical Daze Monster effect.
    Duelist’s Gaze
    Least; 1st
    ?
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-16 at 02:38 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

19. - Top - End - #949
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

No. No effect projected from a Transformer of any kind can escape it's net. The net is like Ravenloft. You do not leave Ravenloft unless the Dark Powers lets you (spoiler alert: It doesn't).
    so the copper transformer is an exception? I am looking at the description, and only says input transformers have a net, so I am getting mixed signals.

Also, what can you redefine on an illusion with a HEUR 101 circuit?
    Last edited by virgileso; 2013-12-02 at 07:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    *snipe*
    Arcanist like! Just define the weapons a bit better. Make blueprints for them if you will kind sir

so the copper transformer is an exception? I am looking at the description, and only says input transformers have a net, so I am getting mixed signals.
    I thought you were only referring to Input transformers

Also, what can you redefine on an illusion with a HEUR 101 circuit?
    The things you can join with this principle include: eldrikinetic engines, yggdratectural spaces, semi-spaces, fluxes, and demiplanes, arcanodynamic transformers, and imachinary illusions.
    You tell me

Can someone else start answering Virgil? I wanna get back to making stuff finding the cure for the common cold instead of doing my school work
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-02 at 07:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #951

Arcanist like! Just define the weapons a bit better. Make blueprints for them if you will kind sir
    Hmm... Where was that template you made for blueprints?

Can someone else start answering Virgil? I wanna get back to making stuff finding the cure for the common cold instead of doing my school work
    Fine. I'll get off my lazy butt
    Show

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm... Where was that template you made for blueprints?
    Gramarist Blueprint Format

Spoiler: Blueprint: [Insert Name Here]
    Show

Name:
    Principle:
    Optional Principles:
    Discoveries:
    Optional Discoveries:
    Prestige Classes:
    Optional Prestige Classes:
    Feats:
    Optional Feats:
    Items:
    Optional Items:
    Theories:
    Optional Theories:

[Description & How the physical lay out for the design should be]

23. - Top - End - #953

Thanks.

Spoiler: Blueprint: Pistol
    Show

Name: Pistol
    Principle: ELDK 219
    Optional Principles: ALCH 101 (Any but Heat Capacity), ALCH 325 (Lower Density), ALCH 364 (Carmot)
    Discoveries: Intricate Engineering
    Optional Discoveries: Continual Carmot, Artillery Expert, Green Energy
    Optional Feats: Force of Mind

The Pistol is a form of specially created Gauntlet made from copper. This gauntlet runs from the tips of the fingers to half-way up the forearm. Running through the length of the pistol is a curved tunnel, which has a small exit at the knuckles and another near the end of the gauntlet (which has a seal which can be moved over to cover the hole). To be used, place a bullet inside of the forearm end of the tunnel then close the seal. Because of the curved nature of the tunnel, the bullet should not fall out the other exit without sufficient force (aka, being fired). The gauntlets main purpose is that it can covert ebbs into kinetic energy to propel the bullet, launching it out of the knuckes at ridiculously high speed.

In addition to the above, their is a small compartment on the left hand side which can be opened. This compartment is tube shaped, and allows for the placement of a bone for fuel. If fired with a bone inside the compartment, the bone will be annihilated. But ebbs will not be required to be expended.

Note, attacks with a Pistol are ranged touch attacks and requires two hands to fire (unless you are ridiculously strong).

{table=head]Cost (B)|Cost (M)|Cost (D)|Dmg|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type
    243 gp|81 gp|27 gp|1d4+5d6|x2|375 ft|?|Piercing[/Table]

Spoiler: Blueprint: Radiant Cannon
    Show

Name:
    Principle:
    Optional Principles:
    Discoveries:
    Optional Discoveries:
    Prestige Classes:
    Feats:
    Optional Feats:
    Items:
    Optional Items:
    Theories:
    Optional Theories:

Spoiler: Blueprint: Resonance Cannon
    Show

Name:
    Principle:
    Optional Principles:
    Discoveries:
    Optional Discoveries:
    Prestige Classes:
    Feats:
    Optional Feats:
    Items:
    Optional Items:
    Theories:
    Optional Theories:

Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-02 at 09:00 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954

The sludge of life
    That seems more related to life than ooze, but I like the idea. I still suggest somehow including planar traits if you can fit it in. Maybe as a discovery?

Speaking of new Disciplines of Gramarie, I'm starting to think that it should be a rule that we keep any newly created Disciplines strictly in the Gramarie thread. Those pesky interlopers do not understand the MIGHT OF SCIENCE!!!!
    Heh. If I can counter propose, I've found that the homebrew in this thread doesn't stay in peoples attention as long as it could, and is hard to find later on.

May I recommend a gramarie homebrew compedium? A single link with all the custom content listed, including prcs, blueprints, and disciplines. I vote yes. I'll make it if people If people are interested, but I could use help with compilation.

Completely separate point. If bubbles can take up any shape of the same volume, and only need to touch their target, why not make the bubble into a wire of infinitesimal width, and thus infinite length?
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-03 at 01:10 AM.

25. - Top - End - #955

May I recommend a gramarie homebrew compedium? A single link with all the custom content listed, including prcs, blueprints, and disciplines. I vote yes. I'll make it if people If people are interested, but I could use help with compilation.
    There was one, which even was added to the first post of this thread. But... it got severely out of date.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Completely separate point. If bubbles can take up any shape of the same volume, and only need to touch their target, why not make the bubble into a wire of infinitesimal width, and thus infinite length?
    UGGGGGGHHHH... Sure

I'll make a thread for it and use the Martial compendium as a basis for it or something like that. Not sure. Need to do my work at the moment and I'm procrastinating by hanging around this forum

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

There was one, which even was added to the first post of this thread. But... it got severely out of date.
    UGGGGGGHHHH... Sure

I'll make a thread for it and use the Martial compendium as a basis for it or something like that. Not sure. Need to do my work at the moment and I'm procrastinating by hanging around this forum
    I stopped updating the index once Kellus grabbed it, but I can go through and update it again if desired. However, I honestly would prefer if someone more knowledgeable than I decided which blueprints still worked (and were worth linking to)...

Also, I'm sincerely hoping this hasn't been taken, but I'm not seeing much of a way to travel between places more efficiently, other than ramping up your speed or plane jumping. As such, here's my stab at a Gramaric Discipline, which I'm hoping for help with ideas to flesh out...

Travelemetry
    “I know a shortcut”
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the world to work, things need to move from one place to another. This fundamental truth led to the creation of roads, trade routes, even magical portals between lands, all with the express purpose of linking two locations. However, roads and trade routes are slow, and even wizards agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to have magical portals everywhere. This is where Travelemetry, the scientific study of linking two or more locations, comes into play.

Travelemetry typically utilizes tools to survey the land, such as compasses, maps, quadrants and spyglasses. Other useful supplies include hammers and saws, as they can aid in building a doorway. Any piece of equipment like this counts as masterwork and provides a +2 circumstance bonus on the Knowledge (The Planes) check made to prepare a Travelemetric principle. There are stories about The Marauder's Map, a magical self-adjusting map that outlines the location and status every Gateway created on all the planes.

Key Skill: Knowledge (The Planes)

TVLM 101: Intro to Travelemetry
    Grade: Baccalaureate
    Prerequisites: None
    Target: Spatial Reference
    Preparation Time: 30 minutes

This principle converts an area into a Travelemetric Gateway, warping and softening the planar structure to be more readily able to join to another of its kind. On its own it doesn't appear to do anything at all, but its power comes when it is linked.

Each time you prepare this principle you warp up to 20 square feet of empty vertical space, laid out however you like. All squares must be connected, and you do not have to use all of them if the area you need is smaller than 20 square feet.

A Gateway is intangible, and may be passed through from either side without restriction or damage while it is unlinked. It is immovable, unless you anchor it to a frame of some kind. If anchored to a frame the Gateway will move with the frame, and will change orientation to match.

As part of preparing this principle, you make a Knowledge (The Planes) check. Again, this doesn't do much until linked, but expanding, linking or severing the link on Gateways require that you meet or exceed the result of this check. You can modify a Gateway into treating you as its creator by meeting or exceeding the original Knowledge (The Planes) check used to create it.

Preparing this principle a second time on a Gateway allows you to link it to an unlinked Gateway on the same plane that you know the exact location of. This Gateway must be the exact same size and shape as the one you are linking to it. You do not need to be the creator of the other Gateway for this to work, but you gain a +2 circumstance bonus on this check if you are the creator of both Gateways. You gain an additional +2 on the check to link Gateways if both of them are anchored to frames, as the manipulation is easier to stabilize with a proper anchor at both ends.

Linking Gateways stretches the planar structure between the two, creating a tunnel between them for easy traversal. Each Gateway gains a discernible front and back, chosen by you at the time of linking. The back of each Gateway is opaque, and creatures may pass through the Gateway from the back without penalty. However, the front of the Gateway looks (and is) the entrance to a tunnel, allowing easy travel between the two. While not instantaneous, travelling between Gateways reduces the time it would normally take to travel to the other location by a percentage equal to 1/5th the sum of the Knowledge (The Planes) checks used to construct the linked Gateways, to a maximum reduction of 80% (any further would cause instability in the planar fabric). (Ex: Gate A has a 32, Gate B has a 45. Linking from Gate A to B would require a 32+ on the check, and provide a 15% reduction in travel time. Assuming it would normally take three months to travel from A to B, using the Gateways cuts roughly two weeks off of the travel time.)

The tunnel created is not an extraplanar space, and time progresses normally for all creatures within the tunnel. Any differences between the two Gateways, such as temperature or air pressure are adjusted gradually over the length of the tunnel.

Should you prepare this principle again on an already Linked Gateway, you can choose to sever the connection that has been established between it and its partner. Severing a link is slightly more difficult than creating one, and as such you must beat the creation DC + 5, as if the principle had been locked against tampering. However, you are still provided the same bonuses as when linking Gateways, if they apply.

Should one of the Gateways be closed or destroyed, the planar material rapidly snaps back in place. All creatures currently within the tunnel are instantly ejected from the remaining open side, and take 1d6 damage for every hour of travel they had left before reaching that end of the tunnel. Once empty, the other Gateway automatically severs its connection as well.

TVLM 142: Flow of Traffic [Specialist]
    Prerequisites: TVLM 101, Knowledge (The Planes) 4 ranks
    Target: Linked Travelemetric Gateway

This principle allows you to modify the movement of planar material between Gateways. Normally, the planar fabric is static between them, but by adding a bit of repulsion or attraction to one side, you can make travel in one direction much quicker. Make a Knowledge (The Planes) check as part of preparing this principle, and add double that result to the checks that were used to link the Gateways together to determine the travel time reduction in the direction you specify. However, travel in the other direction becomes more difficult, and is instead increased by that amount.

TVLM 173: Security Protocols [Military Science]
    Prerequisites: TVLM 101
    Target: Travelemetric Gateway

This principle modifies the requirements that must be met to link to the affected Gateway. As with TVLM 101, you must make a Knowledge (The Planes) check that meets or exceeds the one used to construct the door in order to apply the changes, but you may add any or all of the following restrictions to the Gateway you are working on:
    • Linking to the Gateway has a special requirement, such as speaking a pass phrase or etching a set of matching runes into the frames of both Gateways.
    • The Gateway can only accept a specific number of travellers within a given time frame (it keeps a separate tally for each direction travelled, and any travellers in excess may wait in the tunnel).
    • The Gateway can only link with other Gateways that have been modified with TVLM 173.
    • Linking to the Gateway can only be performed by the Gateway's creator.

If the Gateway is linked to another Gateway that does not meet the requirements you specify, that link is severed as part of preparing this principle. The changes you make to the gate are permanent, and may only be altered or removed by another application of this principle.

TVLM 212: Temporal Acceleration
    Grade: Magisterial
    Target: Linked Travelemetric Gateway, Knowledge (The Planes) 8 ranks

This principle allows you to compensate for planar instability with puissance. After applying this principle to a Gateway it can receive ebbs, with every ebb reducing the travel time by one day as all material between the linked Gateways is accelerated toward the opposite Gateway. You can reach near 100% efficiency by supplying ebbs, although travel between the Gateways will always take at least one round. You may only power one of the linked Gateways at a time. Attempting to power both causes the tunnel between them to fall apart, severing the connection between the Gateways.

However, powering a Gateway in this matter comes with one major drawback: the Gateways can only handle shuttling travellers in one direction whilst powered. Anything within the tunnel when the Gateway is powered must succeed at a Strength check (DC = 10 + ebbs supplied) each round to avoid being picked up by the flowing planar material and flung toward (and eventually through) the unpowered Gateway. Attempting to enter the unpowered Gateway requires a successful Strength check at the same DC to be able to cross the threshold. Creatures that successfully save against the effect must make an additional Strength Check (DC = 15 + ebbs used) to be able to move against the current, with a failure indicating a wasted action.

TVLM 226: Casual Causality [Specialist]
    Target: Linked Travelemetric Gateways, Knowledge (The Planes) 8 ranks

This principle allows you to use the common factors of the Gateways to your advantage, effectively using each commonality to pull the Gateways closer together. By making a Knowledge (The Planes) check that meets or exceeds the checks used to create both of the linked Gateways, you can reduce the travel time by 5% for each exact match that the Gateways share, and by 1% for items that are similar, but not exact. These common factors include things such as the Gateway size, frame material (if any), average temperature, air pressure, position in the seasonal cycle, and composition of the area surrounding the gate. This is not meant to be a comprehensive list of factors, and other ones may apply, given the situation.

No matter how many common factors you match, use of this principle can never increase the total efficiency of the tunnel past the normal maximum of 80%. You also may not apply factors that aren't truly there (such as frame material when neither Gateway has a frame). Should you prepare this principle a second time on a Gateway, the new application replaces the prior one. Oddly, this may cause an increase in travel time, should common factors that were found in the original preparation no longer apply.

TVLM 245: Into Enemy Territory [Military Science]
    Prerequisites: TVLM 101, Knowledge (The Planes) 4 ranks
    Target: Unlinked Travelemetric Gateway

This principle allows you unprecedented options in moving troops, as it allows you to connect a Gateway to an area of world that has not been properly prepared. This works like the linking option in TVLM 101, but does not require a second Gateway to function.

However, this is not without its drawbacks. First, the connection between the locations is unstable, and only lasts for a number of hours equal to 1/4th the Knowledge (The Planes) check used to prepare this principle. Second, when the tunnel collapses it also utterly destroys the Gateway this principle was prepared on, including any frame it was anchored to.

TVLM 301: To Infinity and Beyond
    Grade: Doctorate
    Prerequisites: TVLM 101, Knowledge (The Planes) 15 ranks
    Target: Unlinked Travelemetric Gateway

This principle works like the linking option in TVLM 101, but it allows you to link Gateways that are on different planes. While the cosmology of the planes may alter your calculations, it is worth noting that the travel time between planes on foot for a peasant is 10 years, 15 if he has a strong limp.

TVLM 326: A Perfect Union [Specialist]
    Prerequisites: TVLM 226, Knowledge (The Planes) 15 ranks

This principle works like TVLM 226, but you gain a 10% reduction for exact matches, and a 5% reduction for things that are close, but not exact. Furthermore, this principle allows a maximum reduction of 100% on linked Gateways. Should you be able to manage this, the tunnel disappears, instead showing the area you would find at the exit of the tunnel. Travel between them becomes instantaneous, and for all intents and purposes the squares bordering each Gateway are considered to be adjacent to each other, in addition to being adjacent to the squares on the back side of the Gateway.

TVLM 392: Burning Bridges [Military Science]
    Prerequisites: TVLM 101, Knowledge (The Planes) 8 ranks
    Preparation Time: 5 minutes

This principle works similar to the link severing option in TVLM 101, but it allows you to ensure that the closing connection has disastrous consequences on the other end. Instead of the planar fabric simply snapping back into place, it explodes outward from the open Gateway, causing a catastrophic explosion in the area as the planar fabric desperately tries to form back to its original shape, with an older connection between Gateways causing a more brilliant collapse. Consult the following table to determine the area:
    {table=head]
    Time Connected
    |Area Affected|Maximum Area
    Up to 1 Hour
    |1 ft per hour*|2 ft x Check**
    1 Hour to 1 Day
    |5 ft per hour*|10 ft x Check**
    1 Day to 1 Month
    |50 ft per hour*|100 ft x Check**
    1 Month to 1 Year
    |1000 ft per hour*|2000 ft x Check**
    1 Year +
    |1 mile per hour*|5 miles x Check**
    *:Hour = Hour of travel between locations when travelling at 30ft per round, not including reductions provided by the tunnel.
    **:Check = The Knowledge (The Planes) check made to sever the connection between the Gateways

No matter the size, the explosion damage is the same: 1d6 per point of the Knowledge (The Planes) check you made as part of preparing this principle. The damage dealt is purely divine in nature, and as such bypasses all hardness, resistances, damage reduction and regenerative qualities. Creatures within the epicenter (inner 10% of the explosion) take full damage, all others can make a Reflex save (DC = 5 + 5 per TVLM principle you know) for half.

The Gateway that this principle is prepared on is destroyed during the process, and it goes without saying that the target Gateway does not survive the blast. Also, the planar fabric affected by the explosion becomes tough and rigid, making it impossible to create a Travelemetric Gateway in that location for the next 50 years.

Discoveries:
    All Things Great and Small: You can link Gateways of different sizes. The tunnel between the Gateways will have a noticeable slope to any sides that differ between the two Gateways. If a creature is too large to fit through one of the Gateways, they will be able to realize this fact with a DC 10 Intelligence check, made passively once a day while travelling.
    Automatic Cutoff: You must know the Chevrons and Power Down discovery to learn this Discovery. Through a special application of TVLM 101 you can cause Gateways with addresses to sever their connections if the tunnel between remains empty for 10 rounds. This is done simultaneously from both sides.
    Chevrons: Rather than linking gates with TVLM 101, you may now assign addresses to them. You may create or sever a link between Gateways with addresses as a logical decision, calculating travel time as normal. If a Gateway has been prepared with TVLM 212, you may channel puissance to further decrease travel time, as normal.
    Conversational Causality: You must know TVLM 226 to learn this Discovery. Gateways you link automatically tighten the planar fabric of the tunnel between them, as if you had applied TVLM 226. Also, all connections you make gain a 5% increase in efficiency, though you still may not surpass the limit of 80%
    Further Refinement: When using a principle on a Gateway, you may replace the original Knowledge (The Planes) DC with any new check made for the principle being applied, increasing the efficiency and security of the Gateway.
    Power Down: You may disable or reinstate connections between linked Gateways with only one minute of work. You must be the creator of both Gateways to use this ability, and the tunnel between them must be unoccupied. This does not sever the connection completely, so a disabled gate can only be linked to its original target upon reinstatement, and you must reinstate the connection before attempting to sever it using TVLM 101.
    Stretched Circuitry: You must know TVLM 212 and HEUR 101 to learn this Discovery. If a Gateway is part of a Heuristic Circuit, you may extend that Circuit to include any Gateway that it is linked to. This daisy-chained setup does not extend the actual bubble to the linked Gateway, but you may treat it as being part of the Circuit for all purposes, including transferring ebbs and making logical decisions. You cannot extend the Circuit to include a Gateway that is already connected to another Circuit.

EDIT: Travelemetry updated to current revision. Still needs work, but has more stuff.
    Last edited by Fako; 2013-12-07 at 01:24 AM.
    Amazing Abjuration Avatar made by Serpentine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramarie IRC
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha
    <Fako> You laugh because it's true :P
    <~sirpercival> yes. yes i do.
    Skinshred Swarm (CR 9) / Reaper Wolf (CR 5) / Demonecris (CR 18)
    Indomitable (Melee PrC [5 Lvl])

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

I stopped updating the index once Kellus grabbed it, but I can go through and update it again if desired. However, I honestly would prefer if someone more knowledgeable than I decided which blueprints still worked (and were worth linking to)...
    We have literally made so many blueprints that to compile every single one we've developed up to this point would be insane, besides a majority of them are unreadable due to poor formatting and lack of specifics on their blueprints mechanics. I just decided to start recording everything from this point on to allow everyone to re-format any blueprints they thought were worth keeping.

Also, I'm sincerely hoping this hasn't been taken, but I'm not seeing much of a way to travel between places more efficiently, other than ramping up your speed or plane jumping. As such, here's my stab at a Gramaric Discipline, which I'm hoping for help with ideas to flesh out...
    It's like 3am for me, I'm tired. I'll review your Discipline in the morning before I go to class and add it to my list

EDIT: Only Baccalaureate principles so it wasn't as long I thought it would be. All in all? I outloud said "Wow, this is friken amazing!". While I don't generally like multi-skills (like craft, knowledge, profession, etc.) having disciplines this one is fine... Although I recommend the skill "Search" instead of Knowledge (The Planes), but to each their own.

As for items? Why not an extradimensional map or something to that effect? I must ask you how this principle connects with other Disciplines? Perhaps gates set up in similar environments have bonuses applied to them? It would be an interesting way to include Geoccultism or whatever other ideas you have in mind. Or perhaps portals made from specific materials?
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-03 at 05:02 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

<Please suggest a fluff item for me, as I don't know what to use for this last sentence...>
    A book of maps. Of every map. Or a very good chunk of them.
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #960

Spoiler
    Show
    Notes after Making this:
    • ... Arcanist is honestly the god of Gramarie homebrew... I seriously need to catch up to you somehow...
    • I really want to finish making my Netrunner class... But I'm worried it'll get messy with the Neuromancer....
    • I should probably get started on DIVT again...
    • Sorry this took so long to post, got distracted by reading through all of the threads and getting texts from a crazy girl.

Gramarie Homebrew
    Base Classes
    Grim Wight: Play as Alex Mercer (Replaced by Anabolist)
    Anabolist: Play as Alex Mercer.
    Biojack: Hack into Biollurgical technology
    Weaver: Bards of Jerall
    Drifter: Rogue of Jerall
    Templar: Paladin of Jerall
    Naturalist: Druid of Jerall
    Ravager: Barbarian of Jerall
    Militant: Fighter of Jerall
    Gunslinger: A specialist in Firearms and Arcanodynamic Cannons

Prestige Class
    Future Technologist: Epic Gramarist
    Troll Ebbshaper: Trolls + Gramarie
    Chrononaut: TIME TRAVEL!
    Dementianeer: Ozodrin + Gramarie
    Gramarie Lord: Master of all Gramarie
    Chromancer: Master of Chrome
    Jerallian Dragon: "Science gone too far"
    New Age Mystic: Ascension
    Evolved Devastation: Anabolist + Teramach OMG there be people who liked my class *SQUEEE*
    Brother: The Brothers are your friends. The Brothers are your saviors. ALL HAIL THE BROTHERS!
    Legendary Mercenary: [My knowledge of Metal Gear is effectively null so I don't think I can really put a description here that properly fits]
    Cybernetic Ninja: A cyborg who's blade is a Tool Of Justice!
    Unraveler: Destroyer of Gramarie
    The Big Thinker: Masters of Gramarie
    Neuromancer: If you don't know what Neuromancer is, look it up and start reading IMMEDIATELY.
    Gramarist Riflemen: Gunslinger

Principles
    BIOY 210: Artificial horticulture

Spell
    Summon Game Cube: Creates a Cube Field

Materials
    Wood: Wood as a Gramaric Material

Rules
    Alternate Radiomantic Rules: By Hanuman

Knack
    Gramarie Knack

Items
    Bloodspike Dagger: Combat Syringe
    Biome Bō: A geocultist's favourite walking stick
    Anitu Dust: Pit Fiend's dandruff
    Vile: Super Soldier Serum
    Nanomachines: Applying genetic modifications to people and silent communication.

Theory
    Theory of the Matrix: If you can't guess what this does, you shouldn't be in this thread.
    Theory of Transdefic Intelligence: Epic EI's
    Game Theory: You win.
    Transhumanism Theory: Ascending beyond the mortal
    The Theory of Crystallized Energy: Energy/Matter conversion

Feats
    Subliminal Advice: Improve your Psychomantics
    Botanical Biollurgy, Biollurical Botany: Improve your Hortistruction
    Biollurgical Research: Craft (Aberration)
    Jerallian Feats: Some really cool feats.

Templates
    Tainted: Radiation poisoned individuals
    Gramaric: Creatures made of Gramarie
    Milo v3's Innovated: Creatures with innate knowledge of Gramarie
    Arcanist's Innovated: Gramaric Template + Innovated Template
    Radiomantic Ghoul: Think fallout.
    Half-Jerallian Dragon: Half-Gramarie God
    Godking: Immortal Ruler with immense Gramaric power

Deity
    Galilei Verne: First God of Gramarie

Setting
    Fractured Horizons: Wasted space....

Subtype
    Gramarie Subtype: For creatures touched by Gramarie (Should probably be on every Biollurgical Chassis)

Disciplines
    Psychomantics: Mind Control!!!
    Horistruction: Like biollurgy but for plants.
    Puissemantics: Sound to Energy
    Constructivity: Ebb producing elemental hearts
    Transvolution: Welcome to the island of Doctor Moreau
    Travelemetry: Give me a sec, it only just got here

ACF
    Mercenary Creed: For Warmakers without a master
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-03 at 07:31 AM.
    Show