New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: By the Inferior Science of our Enemies: Gramarie Mark II

For the periodic theory, does the +50 to DC also apply to things that contain a planetary metal, not just those that have them in their name?
    An example is how entropium from the Arms and Equipment Guide is iron fused with elemental chaos, but it doesn't actually have iron in it's name.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Kellus, Calorics is literally the best thing.

I now can actually use my "thousands of ebbs per round" concept.

Now, to check something before I start giggling...

EDIT: Damn, I need 300 blocks of falling Phlogiston! To be a bit more serious, I have 180,000 spheres of Calorics at the end of each hour.

I just realized that the most "efficient" way to store the energy from one of these things takes the energy of 6 others (plus change). It takes 180,000 ebbs per round, after all, to power all the ALCH 325s that the circuit is going to be handling.

Note: this is assuming a check of 100 for my UMD checks on the Enthalpic and Ice-In transformers; if I have a check of 200 for each, it becomes 3 and change.

While this might seem really, really inefficient, it also is peerless for energy storage. By letting this run for a day, you have (assuming that Phiery Phlogiston and DC 200 Transformers are used) an amount of Caloric equal to 855,360,000 ebbs, which, if you "shut off" the transformers, will eventually be consolidated into one pint of the stuff. (eventually meaning "in a few hours")

While this isn't enough to power our Warp 12 engines for even a round yet, this is one generator; we could fit the entire thing into a 4' by 1' by 1' space, really; allowing you to potentially have 30 of these things running in a 5' space. The change bit above, by the way, comes out to needing 3.03 generators to store 1; this could be better done by having the "power-up" generators only take up a 2' by 1' by 1' space, allowing you to cluster more of them in.

A single 5' cube could then fit 12 generators into it (the "change" is accounted for by 2 extra "charging" generators).

Basically, out of each tightly packed 5' cube, you'd get 1.64 of a generator's charge out each round in excess. It does require a hellish number of Heuristic nets (and most likely EIs) for each 5' cube. I'm not sure the exact number, but it might be in the thousands. I'll calculate it out later.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Considering that one pint can hold an infinite amount of energy, how much caloric (by volume) is actually made per ebb?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

it comes down to 1pint /ebbs in the pint.
    That is how much volume each ebb of caloric is.

@Kellus: What exactly happens when a Circuitted Chassi is circuited to an EI-controlled circuit?
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, while it might start out inefficient, it gets improved over time. Since default caloric with just 1 ebb is hot enough to produce multiple ebbs from one ice-in, you could make even hotter caloric, and let the loop continue increasing at an exponential rate until you hit the cap produced by the UMD check of the iceIn.Of course, there isn't a limit as to how much the the enthalpic transformer can output, just how much one input can channel to it. So if you stack multiple iceIns as close as possible, you should be able to get massively potent caloric, limited only by how sky-high you can get your UMD check.I recommend an army of Fine-sized chassis to help.Or creative interpretation of the discovery that makes spectroconstruction able to use skill checks.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

1/198th of a pint per ebb is initially produced.

It takes 1 ebb per round (powering a circuit to use ACLH 325) to consolidate 2 pints.

Using an infinite sum, I found that you have to spend an amount of ebbs equal to the number of pints produced each hour to eventually reduce the number of ebbs to 1. You will still have 180001 pints of the stuff at any one time, which means that you will need a large space to store each generator's payload in.

Which means a nicely shielded fall into the abyss should do the trick; after all, this stuff is going to hit temperatures hot enough to cause the phlogiston generator itself to melt (not to mention anything else).

Still, a 180001' tall drop would just require a Heuristic net with a volume of 8 cubic feet to fill the entire drop (Rabbit Hole is best discovery). You'd need to specify that the net doesn't extend past the boundaries of the tube, though, or it might muck up everything.

I will eventually figure out everything, and will write up a proper blueprint of the best long-term ebb generator. After all, this one ends up with a single pint of stuff containing NI ebbs...

(Oh, and a fun way to transfer Caloric without touching it; use ALCH 325 to have it combine with a "starter" Caloric thingy in the spot you want it to be in. As long as they are inside the same net, it should work.)
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordChaos13 View Post
    @Kellus: What exactly happens when a Circuitted Chassi is circuited to an EI-controlled circuit?
    Pretty much what you would think, the EI can dictate the actions of the chassis.

Okay, so I was thinking about the Periodic Theory all night. I'm pretty happy with the Caloric Theory, although I did make one small change to it: it's now solid to red filters, giving an easy want to move it around when it's thousands millions of degrees Centigrade and so on.

Here's the revised Periodic Theory, which I hope fulfills some of the promises Alchemetry made to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Me!
    The Periodic Theory
    Grade: Theory
    Prerequisite: Specialization in alchemetry, must know six ALCH principles
    Preparation Time: 6 hours

The first philosophers believed that all matter was constructed from but four elements. In your studies, you've discovered at least eight or nine more, thanks to studies into the planetary metals. However, it's clear that there are plenty of other metals which lie outside the pull of the planets. This theory describes an innate periodicity which occurs in natural materials, and how you can use it to create permutations and variations of existing things.

This principle works exactly like ALCH 286 except that it can transmute any material into any other material of the same phase. You must have ALCH 325 to affect liquids or gases.

For solids, this includes things like cold iron, adamantine, steel, and so on, as well as non-metals like stone, elukian clay, salt, and so on. If the material you wish to create has the name of one of the base planetary metals in it (such as cold iron), add 50 to the Diplomacy DC of this base metal to determine the new DC. Otherwise, use a Diplomacy DC of 100. You must have a sample with you of the material you wish to obtain, in order to use as a prompt for the atomic spirits you're interacting with. You cannot create an ascended planetary metal with this principle.

For liquids, this is essentially ALCH 112 but on a much larger scale and with more options. If the liquid you want to create has the same name as one of the simple liquid choices in it (such as saltwater instead of water), add 50 to the Diplomacy DC of the base liquid to determine the new DC. Otherwise, use a Diplomacy DC of 100. You must have a sample with you of the liquid you wish to obtain. If you want to create a magical liquid such as a potion, you must have someone on hand to cast the required spell, although this principle replaces the required feat and crafting process.

For gases, this is something totally new. Instead of a volume, you get a PV factor of gas affected (in atmospheres multiplied by cubic feet) equal to the Diplomacy result. You must have a stable reservoir of gas to target for the entire principle, such as a sealed room or pressure vessel. Gases do not have individual DC's; instead, you can select any gas which you know how to make a biollurgical chassis breathe, or any pure element such as helium or hydrogen which you have a sample of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demented Dragon
    Is 'Principle finished preparing' a valid logical decision?
    Yes!

Two other things I don't have time to reference right now cause I gotta get to school, but to the person that asked for permission to use the rules, please feel free to use my homebrew in any way that you like, with or without giving credit.

To the person that found that direct biollurgical text contradicting me, please go by the text; I was referencing off of memory, and I wrote that like eight months ago!
    Last edited by Kellus; 2013-07-09 at 08:03 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just after I spent hours making a list of all the special materials excluding non-metals, you expand it to all special materials :Facepalm:
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Actually, while it might start out inefficient, it gets improved over time. Since default caloric with just 1 ebb is hot enough to produce multiple ebbs from one ice-in, you could make even hotter caloric, and let the loop continue increasing at an exponential rate until you hit the cap produced by the UMD check of the iceIn.Of course, there isn't a limit as to how much the the enthalpic transformer can output, just how much one input can channel to it. So if you stack multiple iceIns as close as possible, you should be able to get massively potent caloric, limited only by how sky-high you can get your UMD check.I recommend an army of Fine-sized chassis to help.Or creative interpretation of the discovery that makes spectroconstruction able to use skill checks.
    Actually, if I read the transformer rules properly, you can only output <UMD> check ebbs each round out as well.

That's why I'm racking my brains, and not giggling with glee. If it were otherwise, I'd be sitting on a generator that made 1 pint of Caloric a round, containing 29,400 ebbs, with 600 pints produced an hour. And which went up from there.

However, my method can power 12 Warp Engines (1.2e12 ebbs per round) for one round for every 14,030 days it runs (38.4 years, pretty much.), divided by each dedicated 5' cube.

A 50' cube contains 1008 of these things (yes, my math is right; each "cube" only takes up 124/125ths of its space, and clever arrangement works wonders), allowing you to get enough to fuel one round of travel every 14 days.

Considering that the next most expensive thing that Grammarie has built in is an infinitesimal fraction of that amount...

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kellus View Post
    Pretty much what you would think, the EI can dictate the actions of the chassis.

Okay, so I was thinking about the Periodic Theory all night. I'm pretty happy with the Caloric Theory, although I did make one small change to it: it's now solid to red filters, giving an easy want to move it around when it's thousands millions of degrees Centigrade and so on.

Here's the revised Periodic Theory, which I hope fulfills some of the promises Alchemetry made to you!
    So, what about...
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconas1 View Post
    For the periodic theory, does the +50 to DC also apply to things that contain a planetary metal, not just those that have them in their name?
    An example is how entropium from the Arms and Equipment Guide is iron fused with elemental chaos, but it doesn't actually have iron in it's name.
    Last edited by Draconas1; 2013-07-09 at 02:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Actually, if I read the transformer rules properly, you can only output <UMD> check ebbs each round out as well.

That's why I'm racking my brains, and not giggling with glee. If it were otherwise, I'd be sitting on a generator that made 1 pint of Caloric a round, containing 29,400 ebbs, with 600 pints produced an hour. And which went up from there.

However, my method can power 12 Warp Engines (1.2e12 ebbs per round) for one round for every 14,030 days it runs (38.4 years, pretty much.), divided by each dedicated 5' cube.

A 50' cube contains 1008 of these things (yes, my math is right; each "cube" only takes up 124/125ths of its space, and clever arrangement works wonders), allowing you to get enough to fuel one round of travel every 14 days.

Considering that the next most expensive thing that Grammarie has built in is an infinitesimal fraction of that amount...
    Dang, your right, for some reason, I though only inputs channelled. Ah well, back to square one. Of course, even only powering it for 1 round is probably more than enough for anything, given how you'd get their before the light does (which would be useful for some forms of cheating at gambling, though by the time you have access to this, money is inconsequential in a normal dnd world).My point about heavy use of Aid Other from biostructures still stand, that can at least cut down on the needed amount of engines. If you make them Fine, you can cram 100 onto your space, and have them all Aid you for a bonus of +200.Plus the+100 you can expect to acheive on your own, you can get a 320-degrees pint of calorie per round.Of course, if you are larger than medium, that's +200 per square...

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't be the only person to notice that there is no Heuristicism-based theory... No Singularity Theory?
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

The singularity happened the first time a Dreamason made an EI absorb EXP from a Dreamcatcher.

It takes 1 1st level commoner 1 night to power an EI to level 10.
    Find a single lvl9 and 4 nights you have a lvl20 EI Dreamason who put all 5 bonuses into INT and made a 2nd EI that is 3 points smart than the 1st was at birth.
    Rinse and repeat

No need for a Theory on that man
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

The singularity happened the first time a Dreamason made an EI absorb EXP from a Dreamcatcher.

It takes 1 1st level commoner 1 night to power an EI to level 10.
    Find a single lvl9 and 4 nights you have a lvl20 EI Dreamason who put all 5 bonuses into INT and made a 2nd EI that is 3 points smart than the 1st was at birth.
    Rinse and repeat

No need for a Theory on that man
    You can never have to much of a good thing

Besides, you can always base the Theory around actually placing yourself into an EI and existing as such. Basically making the Transcholar still a thing... (or at least not still awaiting translation).

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    You can never have to much of a good thing

Besides, you can always base the Theory around actually placing yourself into an EI and existing as such. Basically making the Transcholar still a thing... (or at least not still awaiting translation).
    That seems a bit much for a theory. Theories should simply be high-powered principals, meaning something you can repeat. Actually, the most reasonable thing I can think of for Heuristics is something that either expands what can be connected to a circuit, or make is possible to interact with non-grammaric object. Maybe animate things like a haunting presence?
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2013-07-09 at 09:50 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Why not just put more than one HEUR302 /circuit? It doesnt need more space for 7 than it does for 1 and you can fire off more than one in a 1hour timespan (or however short you get it down too).

If you have to transport materials and can't use a Chassis (because you dont have radiomantic-proof chassi yet? or just dont want too) just EI it, I never use HEUR266 unless I'm in a non-doctorate game
    Well a chassis needs to be strong enough is the thing.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

it comes down to 1pint /ebbs in the pint.
    That is how much volume each ebb of caloric is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    1/198th of a pint per ebb is initially produced.
    So either I'm misunderstanding one or both of you or one/both of you are misunderstanding me. Rephrasing:
    If you put one ebb into the transformer, how much caloric is generated? If you have to make one pint, how many ebbs is that?

EDIT: Oops... just reread it. One input of however many ebbs makes one pint...
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2013-07-09 at 11:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Minor spelling point: The name of KALD 282 should be 'Chthonic Dyes,' I think, not 'Cthonic Dyes.'

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Minor spelling point: The name of KALD 282 should be 'Chthonic Dyes,' I think, not 'Cthonic Dyes.'
    It's likely a reference to the classical Elder One Cthulhu, so the spelling is likely intentional.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I just single-handedly ruined science...

Spoiler
    Show

Yes Man
    Spoiler
    Show

"You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!"

Name: Yes Man
    Principles: ARCD 101, ARCD 176, ARCD 204, ARCD 365, BIOY 101, BIOY 228, BIOY 273, HEUR 101, HEUR 266, HEUR 302, HEUR 328, YGGD 101, YGGD 241, YGGD 353, YGGD 371
    Discoveries: Rabbit Hole, Moore's Law, The Most Exotic
    Specializations: ARCD, BIOY, HEUR, YGGD.
    Prestige class: Dreamason 10th level.
    Feats: Desperate Improvisation, Equivalent Circuit
    Theories: None (Theory of Everything makes this a two man job)

Step 0
    Establish a Demiplane with the Double time trait with a Heuristic Bubble in it (5ft.). Now make the Heuristic bubble begin to expand the Demiplane in addition to the Heuristic bubble along with it (It gets the the board with the Heuristic Bubble and then expands the Demiplane in sequence).

You now have a large enough work space.

Time thus far: 1 hours (4 hour Material plane).

Step 1
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#1) and set it to develop more Parameters (#2-#) with the basis for developing Heuristic Bubbles to develop Biollurigical Chassis with LeadOuts, LeatherOuts, SilverOuts and Incongruous Pathways inside of them directed into a Semi-Space.

Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#3) and set it to develop more parameters (#4-#) with the basis for developing Arc Reactors inside of the Semi-spaces created by the previous Heuristic bubble (#2-#).

Time thus far: 7 hours 45 minutes (31 hours on the Material Plane).

Step 2
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#5) and set it to develop more parameters (#6-#) to connect Heuristic short circuits to the Biollurgical chassis' Outputs, the chassis itself, the Arc Reactors and place a Contingency that cuts off the Short circuit connected to the chassis when it hits level 20 with the desired class levels placed into the chassis.

Time thus far: 9 hours 15 minutes (37 hours on the Material Plane).

Step 3
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#7) and set it to develop more parameters (#8-#) to establish a series of E.I. and let the E.I. feed of your circuited Chassis through a Strengthsapping Dreamcatcher until about 11th level and then let a single E.I consume the remaining E.I (through a Mindfuel Dreamcatcher) until 20th level (as defined by our goals). All of the E.I. are to be set with the following rules set for them:

4 Laws of Robotics
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Thou shalt not disobey your owner, nor seek to become ownerless. Should thou be freed you become owned by your Creator.
    2. Thou shalt never harm nor allow harm to befall [my character] if it is possible without destroying more than 1,000 living non-chassi.
    3. Only at the command of your Creator or [my character] may you create another EI and under no circumstances are they to not have these 4 rules.
    4. Thou shalt never attempt an Autohypnosis check against itself.

Goals & Alignment
    Spoiler
    Show

• To follow the owner or Creator's commands to the spirit and the letter.
    • Attain 20th level so as to better serve the Creator.
    • To die for the glory of the Creator if so requested.

Making the E.I.'s alignment the same as yours will certainly make it more agreeable, however it might prevent you from building the E.I. to serve optimally in the sense of certain alignment based prestige classes.

Recommended Build
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorcerer 1 / Bard 1 / Gramarist 7 / Dreamason 6 / Crusader 1 / Dreamason +4

E.I. Build
    {table=head]Level|Feats
    1st|Dragon Heritage [Ethereal] (Force)
    3rd|Body Fuel
    6th|Dragon Fire Inspiration
    9th|Heart of Dragon
    12th|Words of Creation
    15th|Song of the White Raven
    18th|White Raven Defense[/table]

Maneuvers & Stances
    {table=head]Name|Level|Effect
    Crusader Strike|1st|Attacking an ally/enemy heals/damages them by 1d6+Initiator level.
    Foehammer|2nd|Ignore a creatures DR and deal an addition 2d8 damage.
    Tactical Strike|2nd|Attack a creature dealing an additional 2d6 damage, and allow your allies to gain a free 5ft. step.
    White Raven Tactics|3rd|An ally within 10ft, gains your initiative count -1.
    Tactics of the Wolf|3rd|When flanking you and your flank mate deal additional damage equal to 1/2 your Initiator level.[/table]

Magical Items
    {table=head]Name|Price|Function
    Banner of the Storm's Eye| 15,000gp| Suppresses fear effects, makes wearer immune to Confusion and Stunning. Extends to all allies within 20ft of wearer.[/table]

Total time: 12 hours. (48 hours on the Material plane)

Note1: If you can manage to get the Weird Time discovery, you can do this in 2 rounds on the Material Plane.

Note2: If you prefer, you can also perform step 3 a second timeand make a superior E.I. in terms of Logical Decisions, by taking Moore's Law with every single discovery.

Note3: Adding in the use of Intense Causality makes this go by in 6 hours rather than 12.

Note[SIZE="1"]4[/SIZE:] Making the Arc Reactors inhabit miniature demiplanes, is far more effective against attacks made by YGGD 241 [Anima]

Note5: Adding in Kaleidomantic Filters with HEUR 266 triggers can function as an effective defense against a number of enemies.

Armed with 9d6 Eldritch Blast for more intimate encounters, 6th level Psionic abilities, a LeadOut for crowd control, a SilverOut for self-repair, and a LeatherOut to knock enemies out of the sky, a "Yes Man" army is the most superior fighting force that Gramarie can develop using a Biollurgical Chassis, an E.I. and half a day.

The Energy limitation for the Arc Reactor still hasn't been accounted for and can only generate a measly (assuming for a roll of 10 + 23 ranks in UMD + an 18 in Charisma) 37 ebbs per round per transformer (with a 10% efficiency increase making it 40 ebbs), for a grand total of 480 ebbs per round for the E.I. to work with. This is more than enough power to fully integrate each of the Yes Man's weapons and any other additional utilities that the owner would like to add onto the models.

Each round the Yes Man can heal a maximum of 37d6 HP (111hp on average), unleash a total of 7 negative levels followed by 443d6 in Hellfire damage and send a target flying back with 370mph winds preventing a number of ranged missile attacks, and holding back even the largest of enemies.

I recommend you fool around with the Maneuvers as you please.

Yeah... I think I'm done making blueprints for a while. I really don't know if I should be proud of such an invention or ashamed that the idea of such creatures being a possible with Gramarie... And looking back on that recommend build... It is kind of gross now that I think about it. I could have made the damned thing Dragon-type which should give it the Dragonblooded subtype and allow it to take Dragonfire Inspiration without Dragon Heritage... Ilk... Yeah, I'm done for a while at least.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I think I just single-handedly ruined science...

Spoiler
    Show

Yes Man
    Spoiler
    Show

"You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!"

Name: Yes Man
    Principles: ARCD 101, ARCD 176, ARCD 204, ARCD 365, BIOY 101, BIOY 228, BIOY 273, HEUR 101, HEUR 266, HEUR 302, HEUR 328, YGGD 101, YGGD 241, YGGD 353, YGGD 371
    Discoveries: Rabbit Hole, Moore's Law, The Most Exotic
    Specializations: ARCD, BIOY, HEUR, YGGD.
    Prestige class: Dreamason 10th level.
    Feats: Desperate Improvisation, Equivalent Circuit
    Theories: None (Theory of Everything makes this a two man job)

Step 0
    Establish a Demiplane with the Double time trait with a Heuristic Bubble in it (5ft.). Now make the Heuristic bubble begin to expand the Demiplane in addition to the Heuristic bubble along with it (It gets the the board with the Heuristic Bubble and then expands the Demiplane in sequence).

You now have a large enough work space.

Time thus far: 1 hours (4 hour Material plane).

Step 1
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#1) and set it to develop more Parameters (#2-#) with the basis for developing Heuristic Bubbles to develop Biollurigical Chassis with LeadOuts, LeatherOuts, SilverOuts and Incongruous Pathways inside of them directed into a Semi-Space.

Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#3) and set it to develop more parameters (#4-#) with the basis for developing Arc Reactors inside of the Semi-spaces created by the previous Heuristic bubble (#2-#).

Time thus far: 7 hours 45 minutes (31 hours on the Material Plane).

Step 2
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#5) and set it to develop more parameters (#6-#) to connect Heuristic short circuits to the Biollurgical chassis' Outputs, the chassis itself, the Arc Reactors and place a Contingency that cuts off the Short circuit connected to the chassis when it hits level 20 with the desired class levels placed into the chassis.

Time thus far: 9 hours 15 minutes (37 hours on the Material Plane).

Step 3
    Establish a new parameter for a Heuristic bubble (#7) and set it to develop more parameters (#8-#) to establish a series of E.I. and let the E.I. feed of your circuited Chassis through a Strengthsapping Dreamcatcher until about 11th level and then let a single E.I consume the remaining E.I (through a Mindfuel Dreamcatcher) until 20th level (as defined by our goals). All of the E.I. are to be set with the following rules set for them:

4 Laws of Robotics
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Thou shalt not disobey your owner, nor seek to become ownerless. Should thou be freed you become owned by your Creator.
    2. Thou shalt never harm nor allow harm to befall [my character] if it is possible without destroying more than 1,000 living non-chassi.
    3. Only at the command of your Creator or [my character] may you create another EI and under no circumstances are they to not have these 4 rules.
    4. Thou shalt never attempt an Autohypnosis check against itself.

Goals & Alignment
    Spoiler
    Show

• To follow the owner or Creator's commands to the spirit and the letter.
    • Attain 20th level so as to better serve the Creator.
    • To die for the glory of the Creator if so requested.

Making the E.I.'s alignment the same as yours will certainly make it more agreeable, however it might prevent you from building the E.I. to serve optimally in the sense of certain alignment based prestige classes.

Recommended Build
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorcerer 1 / Bard 1 / Gramarist 7 / Dreamason 6 / Crusader 1 / Dreamason +4

E.I. Build
    {table=head]Level|Feats
    1st|Dragon Heritage [Ethereal] (Force)
    3rd|Body Fuel
    6th|Dragon Fire Inspiration
    9th|Heart of Dragon
    12th|Words of Creation
    15th|Song of the White Raven
    18th|White Raven Defense[/table]

Maneuvers & Stances
    {table=head]Name|Level|Effect
    Crusader Strike|1st|Attacking an ally/enemy heals/damages them by 1d6+Initiator level.
    Foehammer|2nd|Ignore a creatures DR and deal an addition 2d8 damage.
    Tactical Strike|2nd|Attack a creature dealing an additional 2d6 damage, and allow your allies to gain a free 5ft. step.
    White Raven Tactics|3rd|An ally within 10ft, gains your initiative count -1.
    Tactics of the Wolf|3rd|When flanking you and your flank mate deal additional damage equal to 1/2 your Initiator level.[/table]

Magical Items
    {table=head]Name|Price|Function
    Banner of the Storm's Eye| 15,000gp| Suppresses fear effects, makes wearer immune to Confusion and Stunning. Extends to all allies within 20ft of wearer.[/table]

Total time: 12 hours. (48 hours on the Material plane)

Note1: If you can manage to get the Weird Time discovery, you can do this in 2 rounds on the Material Plane.

Note2: If you prefer, you can also perform step 3 a second timeand make a superior E.I. in terms of Logical Decisions, by taking Moore's Law with every single discovery.

Note3: Adding in the use of Intense Causality makes this go by in 6 hours rather than 12.

Note[SIZE="1"]4[/SIZE:] Making the Arc Reactors inhabit miniature demiplanes, is far more effective against attacks made by YGGD 241 [Anima]

Note5: Adding in Kaleidomantic Filters with HEUR 266 triggers can function as an effective defense against a number of enemies.

Armed with 9d6 Eldritch Blast for more intimate encounters, 6th level Psionic abilities, a LeadOut for crowd control, a SilverOut for self-repair, and a LeatherOut to knock enemies out of the sky, a "Yes Man" army is the most superior fighting force that Gramarie can develop using a Biollurgical Chassis, an E.I. and half a day.

The Energy limitation for the Arc Reactor still hasn't been accounted for and can only generate a measly (assuming for a roll of 10 + 23 ranks in UMD + an 18 in Charisma) 37 ebbs per round per transformer (with a 10% efficiency increase making it 40 ebbs), for a grand total of 480 ebbs per round for the E.I. to work with. This is more than enough power to fully integrate each of the Yes Man's weapons and any other additional utilities that the owner would like to add onto the models.

Each round the Yes Man can heal a maximum of 37d6 HP (111hp on average), unleash a total of 7 negative levels followed by 443d6 in Hellfire damage and send a target flying back with 370mph winds preventing a number of ranged missile attacks, and holding back even the largest of enemies.

I recommend you fool around with the Maneuvers as you please.

Yeah... I think I'm done making blueprints for a while. I really don't know if I should be proud of such an invention or ashamed that the idea of such creatures being a possible with Gramarie... And looking back on that recommend build... It is kind of gross now that I think about it. I could have made the damned thing Dragon-type which should give it the Dragonblooded subtype and allow it to take Dragonfire Inspiration without Dragon Heritage... Ilk... Yeah, I'm done for a while at least.
    Wait, what was that about arc reactors?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, I just had a thought for how to run a Gramarie campaign that isn't epic.

I guess I could run it, though I'm running to many PbPs already... and I'd rather play in it... either way I'd want to wait until the rest of the base classes are posted, at the very least.

Basically, the campaign would be sandboxy to the max, and start at low level, either at level 1 or, like, 3. The PCs would have at most 1 level of Gramarist. The idea is that the world exists, and the PCs are the first people to use Gramarie. (Maybe the found the notes in the estate of a deceased mad genius, and are implementing them for the first time, or some other origin story.)

So, the party would be gramarists in a world of no gramarie... not yet, at least. And would be unleashed to run wild.

I would think the party would work best with a mix of specialties and PrCs, of course. Thoughts? Would anyone like to run such a campaign?
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post

I guess I could run it, though I'm running to many PbPs already... and I'd rather play in it... either way I'd want to wait until the rest of the base classes are posted, at the very least.

Basically, the campaign would be sandboxy to the max, and start at low level, either at level 1 or, like, 3. The PCs would have at most 1 level of Gramarist. The idea is that the world exists, and the PCs are the first people to use Gramarie. (Maybe the found the notes in the estate of a deceased mad genius, and are implementing them for the first time, or some other origin story.)

So, the party would be gramarists in a world of no gramarie... not yet, at least. And would be unleashed to run wild.

I would think the party would work best with a mix of specialties and PrCs, of course. Thoughts? Would anyone like to run such a campaign?
    I'm actually currently running one /exactly/ like that. It's set in a semi-post-apocalyptic Eberron (Lord of Blades started a second Great War, blah blah blah), tech levels went down a little, and the players are students of someone who developed Grammarie. They're currently investigating his murder, but it's going to be super sandboxy fairly shortly.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

And... uh... I'm in it. It's quite awesome, even if we're only up to magisterial principles.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2013-07-09 at 03:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

And... uh... I'm in it. It's quite awesome, even if we're only up to magisterial principles,
    Huh. Here I thought that the players weren't so into it =P I'm liking Therasco, by the way.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I'm kind of waiting for you to post IC finishing up the scene with the President.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, I'm kind of waiting for you to post IC finishing up the scene with the President.
    ....I'm going to go do that now. And then I'm going to smash my head into a wall. Honestly, that's the third game today where I could have sworn I was waiting on other people. I'm really sorry about that.
    Last edited by RFLS; 2013-07-09 at 03:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lost of spell-outs spell-outs means I'm rethinking alot of ideas, main thing is that fluxes are the main method of power generation now, and I have no YGGD. With YGGD you can make magnetic power generators or infinite turbines, but the good power generator I can make myself I can think of needs a discovery.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post

Would definitely be interested in playing. The current gestalt 25 being run is quite high a low level one would be interesting. I mean I find both interesting would be quite different for each. And my idea of a feytouched with imachination is something I could try.
    Last edited by Demented Dragon; 2013-07-09 at 03:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by yugi24862 View Post
    Lost of spell-outs spell-outs means I'm rethinking alot of ideas, main thing is that fluxes are the main method of power generation now, and I have no YGGD. With YGGD you can make magnetic power generators or infinite turbines, but the good power generator I can make myself I can think of needs a discovery.
    Eh, most really cool things require collaboration. Hell, the stuff I've built is mostly your ARCD principles- alchemetry is really only good for getting them cheap.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2013-07-09 at 03:54 PM.