Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Non Lethal crafting

Hello people i need help crafting a net launch for 3.5 edition dungeons and dragons. My character is trying to non lethal important characters, much like a bounty hunter. I know there are prestige classes, but i only want to capture essentially boss characters. Can you beautiful people help me out?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Non Lethal crafting

I'm not sure what it is you are asking. Are you asking for a net launcher as weapon that does non-lethal damage?

What level are you playing? What do you mean by "Boss characters?" Is this for 3.5 or 4e?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-07 at 12:21 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think bolas are what you're looking for.
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The merciful weapon ability is +1, converts all lethal damage to nonlethal damage, and boosts your damage by a typeless (or same-type) 1d6. That's probably your best bet for the majority of creatures you could conceivably capture.

If you fight anything immune to nonlethal damage, you can always grapple it in hopes of pinning and hog-tying it up. However, this will work poorly against anything bigger than you are.

Finally, invest in a few cages, a cart to carry them on, and a good lock.
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2013-07-08 at 12:39 AM.
    "...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

Check out our zombie survival sandbox video game!