Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1529
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    You guys said things and did like, 4 pages in 4 hours! BOOOOOOO.
    (Warning, I wanna talk about my Civ game in the 1000 AD scenario, so I am hahahaha you can't stop me)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time should freeze when I'm playing Civ as the Germans and my axis of The Holy Roman Empire (Poland and the rest of Europe, minus England and the Balkans/southern Poland, which is Byzantine, along with Central America and Peru/the old Incan Territories, and Africa except for a few Byzantine colonies, then all of old Arabia extending into Central India), the Germans (Southern United States as a colony, leader Frederick the Great), Mansa Musa (2 cities in West Africa with 4 pop, culturally half Holy Roman, a subdued shell of a once mediocre nation), Arabia in Madagascar, led by Ramasses II,) and Isabella of Scotland, because Spain was actually conquered by me and somehow they put Madrid up in Scotland before the Brits did. A recent addition, but longstanding ally, are the Mongolians, who reside in the lands between The Russian Empire and the Chinese Empire.
    For centuries, those two giants fought, with the Mongols siding with the Russians. However, When the Indians joined forces with the rest of the East Asian Alliance (Literally, the Khmer and the Koreans were protectorates of China while Tokugawa fought alongside them), I and my Austrian Elites (what happens when you put all your great generals in one city when an Imperialist leader, hehehe) followed the Spanish and Russians into India, claiming the southern cities for my own. Asoka, leader of India, fled into exile among an island in Indonesia, the sole holding of India to this day. Here, I was mostly satisfied, and having negotiated peace with the Chinese, I began to develop my African holdings.

    However, the Spanish, a longstanding friend, had been spying on me, and my people rose in anger. (Cool thing about Beyond the Sword:the random event stuff are really cool sometimes. The different options of "A Spanish diplomat committed a faux pax! Do you forgive them, demand reparations, or WAR[stipend: For international relations purposes, it counts as them declaring war on YOU, so no severe diplomatic penalties). Realizing the Spanish were my next target for domination of the European continent (I had already claimed France, however they lived on in their South American colonies and territory north of the Black Sea), I invaded the Iberian peninsula and Indian holdings, while mustering my paratroopers to invade Madagascar. While Barcelona was besieged, the fight for India was severe, with their cavalry running down my infantry, but then being destroyed by arial strafing and heavy armor. I bombed Barcelona, which was culturally already 60% Roman, and Santiago fell soon after. After claiming Madagascar, Isabella and her final Scottish stronghold capitulated and became my protectorate, and my eyes fell to the Aztecs...

    While I had postponed my campaign against them, my claiming of Iberia allowed superior access to Central America, and I began to send vast convoys to Mexico. Steamrolling their grenadiers, I conquered up to the Mason Dixie Line in the East but stopped in Iowa. Montezuma too, capitulated, and while the British held Canada and the Northern United States, I realized I couldn't finance this colonial holding on top of India and Africa. I then turned my American holdings (minus Hispaniola) into the German Empire. (I actually expected American, that's usually the colony I get for America. One I got for the Vikings, at least.). I also gave Madagascar independence, and it took the name of the fallen empire of Arabia and an Egyptian theme.

    That's pretty much where I am now, minus the conquering of Inca (they had Infantry... I had carriers.) and tech advances. (GIANT ROBOT BUILD UP. MAKING MY SPACESHIP.):small cool: YAY RANDOM SPILLING OF THINGS YOUUYSNDNT CARE ABOUT INSTEAD OF SLEEPINGGGGGG!!!


    Oh, and Tai is totally a Martian gender less beast. 6 limbs, white fluff all over the body, whole deal.
    Which Civ was that in? Ele and I play Civ III together sometimes, and I'm buying Civ V from Steam in two days on my payday (well, it's half-price, how can I -resist-!). Am also buying Crusader Kings 2 as well because it looks really good and Ele and his sister are really getting into it.

    SO MANY SHINY THINGS ON STEAM I MUST HAVE
    Avatar by Dirtytabs.

    Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

  2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    How did you know by writing style?
    TAI WRITES LIKE A MAN.

    Oh, wait, no. The other one.
    (The way people type just kinda... FEELS like a gender, apparently. I read Tai like a calm, super peaceful Xen-Blue Ghost kind of cheery not-quite-monotone, personally.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Which Civ was that in? Ele and I play Civ III together sometimes, and I'm buying Civ V from Steam in two days on my payday (well, it's half-price, how can I -resist-!). Am also buying Crusader Kings 2 as well because it looks really good and Ele and his sister are really getting into it.

    SO MANY SHINY THINGS ON STEAM I MUST HAVE
    It was in Civ 4, the updated Beyond the Sword 1000 AD scenario. VERY fun. Not quite a Rhys map, but awesome anyways. (A gripe however, is the general area of the Netherlands and surrounding regions. Paris is two spaces from the Holy Roman Capital, right south of Denmark. THEN, on the northern tip two spaces away, is Ribe, capital of the Scandinavians. TOO DAMN CLOSE. And because the French are French and Paris is Paris, it culturally dominates the two into tiny hamlets with no room for people. Grrrrrr.....)

    I love Civ 3... Play the World was AMAZING.

    If you get Civ 5... GET THE EXPANSION FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD. Improves so much.Wait... NOOO I DON'T WANNA PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLE, IT MAKES ME BECOME SLIGHTLY SOCIAL.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2013-07-13 at 01:46 AM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

  3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Taet's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento-ish, CA

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    I wish I could remember who was going to talk about, what did he call it, grammatical gender and ask him to please do it. It might help. Especially if he can read and see what genders I read and see. Which is not what MoonCat sees.

    Amidus. He is fine for talking to a man and talking about neuter of either gender. "He". You don't have to choose and you don't have to lie. And he's not asking anyone to lie which is best of all.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

  4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ahhh, okay. You're mysterious! You're TaiLiu then.
    I wish I were. I would wear a large cloak and go around scaring small children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yes. It moves the information from the amp to the air; and beautiful music it makes, when I play beautiful music. It also has the capacity to make discordant and erratic music.
    A most versatile instrument!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Just fast forward and see what you end up sticking with. Save me some trouble here.
    You know what would be a better discovery? My future occupation! Now, let's see...

    ...

    Oh, my. Oh, my! Future Sight off! Ah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    You're going to make me go back and find this, aren't you? All I want to use is the correct pronoun! *sobs*

    But, seriously, it bugs me that I don't know what pronoun to use. Possibly more than it should.
    Use any pronoun you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yeah, I honestly don't care, I assumed you were female by your writing style, but it's not important. I was just posting the questions because I thought it was a funny.
    Hm. My writing style is rooted in V's speech patterns, actually. May I ask why you think this way?
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    How did you know by writing style?
    People have voices when they write. With enough data to sample from, it's not too hard to tell what gender their voice is.

    There's even computer programs that can guess it. I, natural actor and ass-liar-offer, immediately found one and gave it samples of my best attempt to sound male while talking with all gender-neutral information in the text itself. I actually managed to trick it.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    People have voices when they write. With enough data to sample from, it's not too hard to tell what gender their voice is.

    There's even computer programs that can guess it. I, natural actor and ass-liar-offer, immediately found one and gave it samples of my best attempt to sound male while talking with all gender-neutral information in the text itself. I actually managed to trick it.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure anyone could tell I'm a guy from my words and it's not even just because all my pronouns default to "he" when I'm not sure.

    Also passing out from lack of sleep now. Niiiight.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    People have voices when they write. With enough data to sample from, it's not too hard to tell what gender their voice is.

    There's even computer programs that can guess it. I, natural actor and ass-liar-offer, immediately found one and gave it samples of my best attempt to sound male while talking with all gender-neutral information in the text itself. I actually managed to trick it.
    Impressive! You should teach us your tricks.
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  8. - Top - End - #518
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Hm. My writing style is rooted in V's speech patterns, actually. May I ask why you think this way?
    I wasn't actually trying to analyze for you in particular,, but whenever I thought of it, my brain and I concurred you sounded female. COuld be wrong, I didn't try and check and I didn't make any great effort. It doesn't matter to me what gender you are, as long as you don't care what pronoun I might use, then it's fine both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Impressive! You should teach us your tricks.
    It wasn't even a trick then, I just tried to talk as if I were male, and it worked.

    Admittedly, I spend a lot of time acting, and am good at changing personas, but I have no idea how to convey the change I made.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-07-13 at 01:46 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #519
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I wasn't actually trying to analyze for you in particular,, but whenever I thought of it, my brain and I concurred you sounded female. COuld be wrong, I didn't try and check and I didn't make any great effort. It doesn't matter to me what gender you are, as long as you don't care what pronoun I might use, then it's fine both ways.
    Excellent. This deal works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Also passing out from lack of sleep now. Niiiight.
    Have a good respite!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    It wasn't even a trick then, I just tried to talk as if I were male, and it worked.

    Admittedly, I spend a lot of time acting, and am good at changing personas, but I have no idea how to convey the change I made.
    Ah, a pity. Well, it's a very nice ability!
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-07-13 at 01:48 AM.
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AsteriskAmp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Impressive! You should teach us your tricks.
    Men tend to talk about objects, use determine nouns or words that identify and/or quantify; women tend to talk more about relation between objects rather than them on themselves, they tend to use more pronouns as well.

    Try pushing a novel through it or simply trying to imagine a male character from any series speaking, or at the inverse, a female character, or just focus in what you'd think of as feminine writing and you'll fool them most of the time. I'd do the Bayesian guesstimate for this but I've become very lazy as of late, so merely saying most of the time should suffice.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-07-13 at 01:51 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

  11. - Top - End - #521
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Men tend to talk about objects, use determine nouns or words that identify and/or quantify; women tend to talk more about relation between objects rather than them on themselves, they tend to use more pronouns as well.

    Try pushing a novel through it or simply trying to imagine a male character from any series speaking, or at the inverse, a female character, or just focus in what you'd think of as feminine writing and you'll fool them most of the time. I'd do the Bayesian guesstimate for this but I've become very lazy as of late, so merely saying most of the time should suffice.
    Ah, fascinating! Are these your personal observations?
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    People have voices when they write. With enough data to sample from, it's not too hard to tell what gender their voice is.

    There's even computer programs that can guess it. I, natural actor and ass-liar-offer, immediately found one and gave it samples of my best attempt to sound male while talking with all gender-neutral information in the text itself. I actually managed to trick it.
    Wow. That. Wow. I am impressed with how good a liar you are.
    don't click this

  13. - Top - End - #523
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Taet's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento-ish, CA

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    TaiLiu is a good neuter voice. Better than Vaarsuvius. But even neuter voices start at male. I listened to whether you were female neuter or not. You weren't. So you were male neuter. Female neuters have to do more work to cover up that they are female and that they are different from standard because thinking you are standard is male. You didn't need to do that cover up work and you didn't do it. So. Male.

    This is not the way a computer thinks. Computers count grammar like araveugnitsuga said.

    And neuter is not a lie. Nobody starts at neuter. It is a goal. So if you speak neuter it's OK to say "the speaker is not there yet but is trying to be". It's OK to say that while speaking it. It's OK to say that while listening to it too.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

  14. - Top - End - #524
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Wow. That. Wow. I am impressed with how good a liar you are.
    I tend to lie without even thinking about it. I got practiced.

    Also, hiding my age from everyone on the forum for three years? Fricking hilarious.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AsteriskAmp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Ah, fascinating! Are these your personal observations?
    No, I'm merely summarising some observations from the studies upon which this kind software tends to be based on (some can be pretty good, some can be extremely erratic, some can be consistent but bad) which was an analysis of each gender's speech patterns and seeing what words were weighted towards which gender and with how much weight.

    My personal observations differ heavily, and they probably should; my environment is not that same as that used in those studies. My population samples are obviously with a massive bias.

    And it tends to be erratic in terms of one another try running a sample through three of them and get three different results; over time one will probably be better at guessing but their success rate is probably not that which they claim.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-07-13 at 02:13 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

  16. - Top - End - #526
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    TaiLiu is a good neuter voice. Better than Vaarsuvius. But even neuter voices start at male. I listened to whether you were female neuter or not. You weren't. So you were male neuter. Female neuters have to do more work to cover up that they are female and that they are different from standard because thinking you are standard is male. You didn't need to do that cover up work and you didn't do it. So. Male.
    Ah; I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I tend to lie without even thinking about it. I got practiced.
    It's a problem for me, too. How do you deal with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Also, hiding my age from everyone on the forum for three years? Fricking hilarious.
    Until 2013?

    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    No, I'm merely summarising some observations from the studies upon which this kind software tends to be based on (some can be pretty good, some can be extremely erratic, some can be consistent but bad) which was an analysis of each gender's speech patterns and seeing what words were weighted towards which gender and with how much weight.

    My personal observations differ heavily, and they probably should; my environment is not that same as that used in those studies. My population samples are obviously with a massive bias.

    And it tends to be erratic in terms of one another try running a sample through three of them and get three different results; over time one will probably be better at guessing but their success rate is probably not that which they claim.
    Ah.
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-07-13 at 02:14 AM.
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  17. - Top - End - #527
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    It's a problem for me, too. How do you deal with it?

    Until 2013?
    Typically, I notice right after I've lied to someone for no reason and then swear at myself in my head. Then I move on.

    Yeah, this April. I was going to do it on my birthday, but I got a bit swept up in ignoring my birthday thread as a personal affront, and then I had to go to a state competition for trivia game,s and then when I got back it was, like, days later and I was tired.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AsteriskAmp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Typically, I notice right after I've lied to someone for no reason and then swear at myself in my head. Then I move on.

    Yeah, this April. I was going to do it on my birthday, but I got a bit swept up in ignoring my birthday thread as a personal affront, and then I had to go to a state competition for trivia game,s and then when I got back it was, like, days later and I was tired.
    You slipped before 2013 actually, around the same time as Sheep did back when there was a chat and people approval of it looked like a sine function over time.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

  19. - Top - End - #529
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    You slipped before 2013 actually, around the same time as Sheep did back when there was a chat and people approval of it looked like a sine function over time.
    That wasn't a slip, I told various people privately beforehand, and the chat did hear at one point, but everything was intentional.

    Also, like, everyone in the chat at the time knew already. Kinda funny.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I tend to lie without even thinking about it. I got practiced.

    Also, hiding my age from everyone on the forum for three years? Fricking hilarious.

    Ah? Dare I ask your age?
    don't click this

  21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AsteriskAmp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    That wasn't a slip, I told various people privately beforehand, and the chat did hear at one point, but everything was intentional.

    Also, like, everyone in the chat at the time knew already. Kinda funny.
    By then the chat was mostly the wholeness of RB though so I believe it disqualifies the idea of no mention of it; considering most people ages are derived from them intentionally saying them anyway; those that don't outright have them on their date of birth have mentioned it at some point in the forum.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

  22. - Top - End - #532
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Typically, I notice right after I've lied to someone for no reason and then swear at myself in my head. Then I move on.
    Ah.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yeah, this April. I was going to do it on my birthday, but I got a bit swept up in ignoring my birthday thread as a personal affront, and then I had to go to a state competition for trivia game,s and then when I got back it was, like, days later and I was tired.
    Huh. I misremembered, then; I thought it was earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    You slipped before 2013 actually, around the same time as Sheep did back when there was a chat and people approval of it looked like a sine function over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    That wasn't a slip, I told various people privately beforehand, and the chat did hear at one point, but everything was intentional.

    Also, like, everyone in the chat at the time knew already. Kinda funny.
    Huh. What is this 'chat' you speak of?
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  23. - Top - End - #533
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Taet's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento-ish, CA

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    It would be fun to try to list you all by age. Maybe tomorrow. Goodnight.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

  24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    AsteriskAmp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Huh. What is this 'chat' you speak of?
    Sit down young child, for this was a tale of long long ago.

    Back in some day, when I still took my meds, and life was great,
    Blue was amongst us; Skeppio as well,
    the Troll had no girlfriend and was around more often
    We used to have this place called the chat

    It was not good or evil
    merely strange
    People would post much faster than they do here
    at the cost of all of our sanities

    Sure there were trolls
    which did horrible things
    and sometimes people went out in rage
    without hearing the whole of it

    but it was merrier times
    which had to end as people fought
    because without restrain
    stuff like we shouldn't talk about
    came around

    and at the end of the day
    many people were hurt
    bad images were conjured
    and nobody really knows
    or wants to know how it all came to an end.

    Mutant Sheep I believe made a chat room at some server I can't care to remember; people from the RB started to gather there due to speed. But due to lack of moderation and presence of a particularly nasty troll and people posting outright pornography things started to go downhill.

    Then there was fighting about what the chat was meant to be and some people left and some remained and then those that remained went away and others came back, and it happened periodically for a while.

    Until then it degenerated horribly and finally died.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-07-13 at 02:36 AM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

  25. - Top - End - #535
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Ah? Dare I ask your age?
    15. Nine years younger than you, my cradle-robbing fiancee of extreme emotional depth.

    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    By then the chat was mostly the wholeness of RB though so I believe it disqualifies the idea of no mention of it; considering most people ages are derived from them intentionally saying them anyway; those that don't outright have them on their date of birth have mentioned it at some point in the forum.
    Wasn't. At the time, it was you, me, Skeeps, Blue, Mutant, Trolland like one other dude I can't remember. You and Mutant and Skeeps and Blue already knew and had individually been sworn to secrecy. I just never bothered to tell you guys who knew already.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Huh. What is this 'chat' you speak of?
    An old chatroom off of the forum called playground.beta. We tlaked there and it was faster, mainly an extension of RB.

    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Sit down young child, for this was a tale of long long ago.

    Back in some day, when I still took my meds, and life was great,
    Blue was amongst us; Skeppio as well,
    the Troll had no girlfriend and was around more often
    We used to have this place called the chat

    It was not good or evil
    merely strange
    People would post much faster than they do here
    at the cost of all of our sanities

    Sure there were trolls
    which did horrible things
    and sometimes people went out in rage
    without hearing the whole of it

    but it was merrier times
    which had to end as people fought
    because without restrain
    stuff like we shouldn't talk about
    came around

    and at the end of the day
    many people were hurt
    bad images were conjured
    and nobody really knows
    or wants to know how it all came to an end.
    HAHAHAHA THIS IS BRILLIANT.

    Oh god, remember coward?

    And it ended shortly after I stormed out, as I recall c. kept spamming and then AT tried to switch to a different chat site, and that failed and it all petered out.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-07-13 at 02:39 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #536
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    TaiLiu's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    It would be fun to try to list you all by age. Maybe tomorrow. Goodnight.
    Have a good night!
    Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Sit down young child, for this was a tale of long long ago.

    Back in some day, when I still took my meds, and life was great,
    Blue was amongst us; Skeppio as well,
    the Troll had no girlfriend and was around more often
    We used to have this place called the chat

    It was not good or evil
    merely strange
    People would post much faster than they do here
    at the cost of all of our sanities

    Sure there were trolls
    which did horrible things
    and sometimes people went out in rage
    without hearing the whole of it

    but it was merrier times
    which had to end as people fought
    because without restrain
    stuff like we shouldn't talk about
    came around

    and at the end of the day
    many people were hurt
    bad images were conjured
    and nobody really knows
    or wants to know how it all came to an end.

    Mutant Sheep I believe made a chat room at some server I can't care to remember; people from the RB started to gather there due to speed. But due to lack of moderation and presence of a particularly nasty troll and people posting outright pornography things started to go downhill.

    Then there was fighting about what the chat was meant to be and some people left and some remained and then those that remained went away and others came back, and it happened periodically for a while.

    Until then it degenerated horribly and finally died.
    Well, that's depressing. Interesting history, though.
    "I kinda think I'm not supposed to go along with something that's wrong just to get food."

    Spoiler: Play by Post Games
    Show
    x Through the Faerie Ring // PL + Progressing // 05/17 - Present
    x Chrono Isekai // PL + Progressing // 03/20 - Present
    x Lightning Rails and Whispers of the Vampire's Blade // DM + Completed // 05/17 - 08/18

  27. - Top - End - #537
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    15. Nine years younger than you, my cradle-robbing fiancee of extreme emotional depth.
    Hey now, you're mine and mine alone Moony *glomps!*


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Elsewhere.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    15. Nine years younger than you, my cradle-robbing fiancee of extreme emotional depth.



    Wasn't. At the time, it was you, me, Skeeps, Blue, Mutant, Trolland like one other dude I can't remember. You and Mutant and Skeeps and Blue already knew and had individually been sworn to secrecy. I just never bothered to tell you guys who knew already.



    An old chatroom off of the forum called playground.beta. We tlaked there and it was faster, mainly an extension of RB.



    HAHAHAHA THIS IS BRILLIANT.

    Oh god, remember coward?

    And it ended shortly after I stormed out, as I recall c. kept spamming and then AT tried to switch to a different chat site, and that failed and it all petered out.
    And you were JUST telling me about this chat, Moony. Wow. That is so strange. This person definitely sounds like who I was talking about. I do believe your troll is still here.

    15? Wow. I expected you to be much older. I suck at telling ages. Aw, and there I was thinking I had a chance. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!
    don't click this

  29. - Top - End - #539
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey now, you're mine and mine alone Moony *glomps!*
    Yes. Despite the fact that you're "losing" me, you're still certain of this.

    I'm kidding, you know I wuv you. <cuddles>
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #540
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Random Banter #196

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Yes. Despite the fact that you're "losing" me, you're still certain of this.

    I'm kidding, you know I wuv you. <cuddles>
    Well I know I'm not losing you but I get worried sometimes since I'm super attached to my friends!

    Thanks though *cuddles*


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •