New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #196

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    That's what you think, but we get to watch your mistakes and learn from them.
    Yeah, I think the learning part may be up to debate.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I like how we Nords know better grammar than Mr. 'Murricah.
    Heh. I suppose having to learn the system may have its advantages.

And find a way to get the plants off the ground. I mean, I superglued them there...
    I think some acetone will do the trick, but watch out so you don't contaminate the plant soil.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #632
    Troll in the Playground

I feel like Napoleon should count as an expansion to Empire. A less complex, less free, less buggy expansion. (Yeah yeah actual expansion would be Bar or Kingdoms blah blah)
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *contemplates*
    I have heard of this game Luigi's Mansion, is it part of this RPG series? It sounds like it might be.
    No, all the RPG games are labled Mario & Luigi. Luigi's Mansion is about Luigi running around in a mansion. He may also be fighting ghosts and I may also know next to nothing about this game, but shush. :smallsneakywink:

I got an extension put on it unmentioned ages ago, it's about the same size as a fair-sized science classroom now.
    You may not want to mention this to Finn, or she'll fill it up with potted chilis.

Or, in case you like chilis, you may want to mention this to Finn, and she'll fill your whole room up with them.

Oh, okay!
    Okay, perhaps not quite as ignorant as you, but I don't think I've bought a big budget game in ages...

That's what Littlest Brother's stalking! Both brothers adore that series, and they have literally all the expansions, and now Littlest Brother geeks out every update. Yesterday he was telling me about the Epirus faction and getting into an argument with me because in the original Epirus was pronounced 'If-er-us', but now it's 'Ep-i-rus', and all the online dohickeys I could find said it was the latter.
    Before that was the Iceni and the Arverni.
    If they wanted it to stay 'If-er-us', they should probably have stuck an 'h' in there.

As the Rome, that can't run on our computer at all (possibly because it's too new), Empire has no expansions or sequels,
    Shogun 2's pretty good (based on the brother's opinions), Total War: Arena's okay, the two Medieval games are amazing, and so is Napolean.
    Did you ask just now, or did you just memorise their fanboying?

Show

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Actually, if I could find the video I would link it. Most predators' eyes lack the easy-to-see whites of ours. Our eyes are designed so we can easily tell where each other are looking. Interesting, no?
    This is very interesting and I am sorry I missed it the first time I read the post. But some birds are herd animals and they do not have whites showing in their eyes. They have the binocular vision we have. Herd mammals have whites in their eyes but their eyes don't look at the same point. And you could say that people in snowy lands are more evolved than us in the comfortable lands and the whites of their eyes show less because they have less wide vision so they are not blinded by snow. Squinting eyes. So far it does not fit. What do the eyes of apes show?
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

5. - Top - End - #635
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I feel like Napoleon should count as an expansion to Empire. A less complex, less free, less buggy expansion. (Yeah yeah actual expansion would be Bar or Kingdoms blah blah)
    I suppose thematically it fits as an expansion, and Empire (from what I recall) is set more or less in the Age of Enlightenment and the Napoleonic Wars followed on fairly smoothly from that.
    But the Napoleonic Wars was basically another Europe-wide war.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    No, all the RPG games are labled Mario & Luigi. Luigi's Mansion is about Luigi running around in a mansion. He may also be fighting ghosts and I may also know next to nothing about this game, but shush. :smallsneakywink:
    Easy mistake to make.

You may not want to mention this to Finn, or she'll fill it up with potted chilis.

Or, in case you like chilis, you may want to mention this to Finn, and she'll fill your whole room up with them.
    Chillies? Why chillies? I don't mind chillies, but only rarely and in food.

Okay, perhaps not quite as ignorant as you, but I don't think I've bought a big budget game in ages...
    I have never bought a big budget game. The only games I've ever really played are AoE and AoE: II and a few days of Civ: IV because that game was so addictive I uninstalled it for fear of my marks.

If they wanted it to stay 'If-er-us', they should probably have stuck an 'h' in there.
    I know, but it was 'If-er-us' in Rome: Total War, so that's how he got into the habit of saying it.

Did you ask just now, or did you just memorise their fanboying?
    I have a very good memory, and this is probably their all-time favourite series of PC games. They still have half of them installed on the desktop and not a fortnight goes by when they don't at least do a short campaign on one of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

The following is a question for those with great skill at the subject that is grammar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suppose you knock on someone's door, and they ask "who is it?"

Suppose, further, that you are about to respond "it is me," but then realize that to do so would be to use poor grammar.

In such a situation, what would phrase you instead use?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    The following is a question for those with great skill at the subject that is grammar.

Spoiler
    Show

Suppose, further, that you are about to respond "it is me," but then realize that to do so would be to use poor grammar.

It is myoi! It beith... MYSELF. It is I!

I suppose thematically it fits as an expansion, and Empire (from what I recall) is set more or less in the Age of Enlightenment and the Napoleonic Wars followed on fairly smoothly from that.
    But the Napoleonic Wars was basically another Europe-wide war.

Easy mistake to make.

I have never bought a big budget game. The only games I've ever really played are AoE and AoE: II and a few days of Civ: IV because that game was so addictive I uninstalled it for fear of my marks.

I know, but it was 'If-er-us' in Rome: Total War, so that's how he got into the habit of saying it.
    Don't forget the near identical gameplay. My problem with Napoleon is that though. It's just an expanded Europe map, but all the fun trading, the 'Muricas and India, the different coasts, ALL GONE FOR EASY BRITISH EXPLOITATION.

V.. YOU TWO. ARE DA WORST OF MANKIND. LUIGIS MANSION IS AN AMAZING GAME. How could you not.... Even.... ( Sunshine was also good!)

Mnmn...chili...

You weirdos. Play Mariooooo... Or uh.... I guess some crappy shooter.... Yeah, screw big budget games. Very short, which is enraging because games on the N64 were LONGER AND MORE INTERACTIVE GRAUGH YOU HORRIBLE THINKER PEOPLE.

Iferisus!

I have a very good memory, and this is probably their all-time favourite series of PC games. They still have half of them installed on the desktop and not a fortnight goes by when they don't at least do a short campaign on one of them.
    Ahhh, total war campaigns... Medieval II is slow. And also fast.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Colossus in the Playground

And now you're up again. Don't you sleep at all, girl? *blatantly ignores the weeks he's gone through with an average of 5 hours per night*

Understandable. On the positive, your ending was quite priceless.
    Dude I slept until 8:30, that's FOUR hours of sleep. I'm fine with that.

Glad you liked it XP

Anyway, guys, I have 200 dollars in gift card stuff. What should I buy on the Steam Summer Sale?

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ettin in the Playground

It is I!
    That is commonly accepted. However, it is not the best response, at least from a mathematical perspective. The following spoiler contains a hint.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A technique I use to help with my memory is to mentally replace the word "it" with the name "Spartacus!"
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #640

I do miss a good cheeseburger, they just aren't done very often down here except in chippies (though I don't go out the restaurants very often (read: maybe once a year) down here), and then it's just a burger (hopefully not nuked to reheat) with a slice of cheese on top.
    Thing is, the instances to which I was referring were in places where I have previously had good cheeseburgers. Somehow, in the space of a month or two, they went from pretty good cheeseburgers to really bland ones.
    I did break that trend today though. Damn good cheeseburger in a pub.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    EDIT: I MEANT SIX PM WHEN I SAID SIX AM UP THERE OH GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME TODAY.
    What kind of cinema doesn't open until 6pm? You live in a crazy place.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I still don't believe it. But that's probably because I steadfastly refuse to believe anyone just goes around being attracted to people for their bodies alone.
    Well, the degree of it varies from person to person of course, but I feel like you're using the term 'attracted' differently than how most people would understand it. I can definitely be attracted to someone for their body alone, but not to the point where I'd actually try to pursue it or even really think about doing so - that requires something more. And it seems to me like that's at least close to your feelings on the matter, but you're not counting it as being attracted to them unless the attraction is more significant than simply acknowledging "this person is attractive in my opinion".

I just don't get it. But everyone says the whole me being myself is adorable. No one explains why. WHAT AM I DOING?
    You said, you're being yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I am the innuendo master. I just do it like a bawse.
    I question your mastery, given the general tendencies of my social circle.

I am so confused by all of you right now.
    Success!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    It's more the fact that you should never buy at the generic discount when a major Steam sale is on. They have various super sales all the time where items get massively discounted.

If you wait for these, you can buy even more games which you will probably never play. Who wouldn't want that?
    FTFY

V.. YOU TWO. ARE DA WORST OF MANKIND. LUIGIS MANSION IS AN AMAZING GAME. How could you not.... Even....
    I've never played it either and know very little about it.

ION: I've kind of had dinner twice today. Well, I'm in the middle of having what is essentially a second dinner, at least.
    However, this thing. Chinese takeaway - something or other with ginger and pineapple. Nice combination of flavours. Why is the ginger in big lumps? Ginger's a good flavour to include in something, but I don't want it all concentrated into one small area so I just get all the ginger all at once rather than having it spread across the meal...
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Muahaha! I've captured Moony!

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Hark, villain! Your reign of terror ends today! *twirls sword dramatically*
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-07-13 at 01:52 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Success!

ION: I've kind of had dinner twice today. Well, I'm in the middle of having what is essentially a second dinner, at least.
    However, this thing. Chinese takeaway - something or other with ginger and pineapple. Nice combination of flavours. Why is the ginger in big lumps? Ginger's a good flavour to include in something, but I don't want it all concentrated into one small area so I just get all the ginger all at once rather than having it spread across the meal...
    But, haha! I am confused no more! This thread is yet to succeed in making me confused for a whole day.

Oomph. Two teas? That sounds rather heavy... then again, I can barely eat a whole meal nowadays.

How big are the lumps? Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Hark, villain! Your reign of terror ends today! *twirls sword dramatically*
    Uh-uh! Moony is mine! No sword can beat my mustache.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Finland hasn't done any mistakes! Like, at all! *hides cold war documents under the rug*

Well, I might be making a cake earlier. Maybe I'll let you have some of that if you behave in the corner, and perhaps install some shelves so we don't have to keep all the plants on the ground. And find a way to get the plants off the ground. I mean, I superglued them there...
    Sure, sure.

Mmm... cake. Shelves, huh? *sigh* I'll get around to it eventually.

*pulls out sledgehammer* Anything can be removed with the proper application of force.

Yeah, I think the learning part may be up to debate.
    True, true.

But, haha! I am confused no more! This thread is yet to succeed in making me confused for a whole day.
    We're working on it.
    A few odds and ends.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you know that today is International Blinking Awareness Day?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

@Tai: Well yes it's frightening, but it's also really cool.
    He kills things!
    And I've played him. Hehehe. :Evil:
    Oh, my!
    No, it's awesome! How is it scary that he kills people? It's not like he'll come out and kill you.
    That's what my rational side says. My irrational side, on the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Apparently I haven't been around in ages (though I was, I just haven't posted much). So um, hi! How are you all?
    Hello, comrade Skeppio! We were talking about you!
    Now I'm a bit curious as to what that is...

Hrm.
    You... You don't want to know...
    And while I enjoy being given the freedom of choice, my frustrated sense of order is still trying to be accurate. *twitch*
    Oh, no! Relax; drink some tea.
    Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post

Spoiler
    Show

I would just state my name, really.
    Ginger's a good flavour to include in something, but I don't want it all concentrated into one small area so I just get all the ginger all at once rather than having it spread across the meal...
    Indeed. You should go back and complain.

18. - Top - End - #648

I could have sworn you told me you were twenty-five. Now I feel so betrayed my darling! I shallgo weep melodramatically in a corner! :smallsob:
    Time Goddess, love, remember?

Sheep, Finland's not a part of Scandinavia. Therefore you are being inaccurate here.

Scandinavia only consists of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. It's Fenno-Scandinavia if Finland's added. And when Iceland's put together with the bunch, it's the Nordic countries.

So, in the end, Nordic is the most correct way to address us awesome people. Thank you.
    Yeah, but EVERYONE knows Finland is just part of Sweden anyway.

Teddy and Jake are never talking to me again. Hehehe.

Still funny that I was only one year off in my initial estimation. If you're telling the truth this time, at any rate. Maybe I'm just getting senile in my old age, but last time it came up and I was around I'd swear that you claimed to be 16 just about to hit on 17 in a month or two.

Fighting like a girl isn't ladylike anyway. It's full of biting, gouging, hair-pulling, clawing, and womb/ovary-punching. It's quite disturbing to watch, really, and generally results in far more damage, both to the children fighting and to the people who have to separate them. A fair number of places don't bother trying anymore until after they've broken out a hose to spray them apart like dogs or cats.

Or maybe we just live in a horribly sexist society.
    Nope, I turned fifteen three months ago. And I'm not even lying!

Well, I always intend to use my teeth in fights, but that's because I like biting things, like, all the time. Also, how is womb-punching supposed to be painful? If you're going for gender-specific pain for females, hit them in the boobs.

True dat, but I have n idea how you got to that conclusion from that earlier paragraph.

I've actually gotta run, sorry, Amidus. My fingers may be quicker than most but they're just not on that level you're on.

So I'll just leave you with this thought "Andrew in Drag." I'd link, but I fear Moony and Ender would explode.
    It utterly fails to cause mesplosions. Who's Andrew?

Well, the degree of it varies from person to person of course, but I feel like you're using the term 'attracted' differently than how most people would understand it. I can definitely be attracted to someone for their body alone, but not to the point where I'd actually try to pursue it or even really think about doing so - that requires something more. And it seems to me like that's at least close to your feelings on the matter, but you're not counting it as being attracted to them unless the attraction is more significant than simply acknowledging "this person is attractive in my opinion".

You said, you're being yourself.
    ...Right.

That makes positively no sense.

The last thing you said to me today was "No! Don't leave me! "

Uh-uh! Moony is mine! No sword can beat my mustache.
    I have a lot of swords at my disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    That's what my rational side says. My irrational side, on the other hand...
    BOO!
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #649

You guys are all insane.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

You... You don't want to know...

Oh, no! Relax; drink some tea.
    No, you should tell us! I mean, how bad can it be? Famous last words.

*twitch* It's disorderly! Bah, fine. I'll come up with something eventually. *mumblemumble*

You guys are all insane.
    And you somehow didn't know this before?
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-07-13 at 02:35 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Shh, Moony! They can't know the truth! Bahahaha!

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

It utterly fails to cause mesplosions. Who's Andrew?
    I, too, would like to know.
    BOO!
    Ah! Angry ancestor ghosts!
    No, you should tell us! I mean, how bad can it be? Famous last words.
    It is socially unacceptable!
    *twitch* It's disorderly! Bah, fine. I'll come up with something eventually. *mumblemumble*
    Use whatever pronouns you feel comfortable with. Feel free to switch them around, etcetera.
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-07-13 at 02:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug*
    I don't know, ask her.

Well, I think you belong to a group which stereotypically isn't supposed to buy any games at all, so even thinking about game is a step above what's expected. Or at least any games other than Farmville (or whatever is the rage on Facebook nowadays).

And Civ IV is an absolutely marvelous time sink. I once read an interview with the former co-"party leader" of the green party here in Sweden, Maria Wetterstrand, when asked what she liked to do on her free time, she answered that she liked to play Civilization IV, but she didn't start any wars, except if she needed oil.

I know, which is why I bothered asking in the first place.

V.. YOU TWO. ARE DA WORST OF MANKIND. LUIGIS MANSION IS AN AMAZING GAME. How could you not.... Even.... ( Sunshine was also good!)
    I've never owned any stationary Nintendo consoles...

Dude I slept until 8:30, that's FOUR hours of sleep. I'm fine with that.
    You know, when I emphasise the "four", it's usually to tell how little sleep I got.

Show

24. - Top - End - #654

And you somehow didn't know this before?
    Well I did but the idea is that it's been enhanced, that feeling xP

You know, when I emphasise the "four", it's usually to tell how little sleep I got.
    ...right, good point xP

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

It is socially unacceptable!

Use whatever pronouns you feel comfortable with. Feel free to switch them around, etcetera.
    It's stripper, isn't it?

It's the desire for precision that matters... Bah, I'll get used to it.

Well I did but the idea is that it's been enhanced, that feeling xP
    From normal? I mean, Mooncat's back, Curly's back, and Sheep's back. That's probably where that comes from.
    A few odds and ends.

26. - Top - End - #656

From normal? I mean, Mooncat's back, Curly's back, and Sheep's back. That's probably where that comes from.
    That's a very good point.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

It's stripper, isn't it?
    Do excuse me while I do a spit-take.
    It's the desire for precision that matters...
    That's fair, I suppose.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a very good point.
    JUST LIKE THIS SWORD!

Do excuse me while I do a spit-take.
    Heheheheh

Well, you forced me to guess.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

JUST LIKE THIS SWORD!
    Gah! Put that away before you hurt yourself!
    Heheheheh

Well, you forced me to guess.
    'Stripper' is not the only socially unacceptable job!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Gah! Put that away before you hurt yourself!

'Stripper' is not the only socially unacceptable job!
    Bah, like I've actually sharpened it.

Yeah, but it's the first one that popped into my head.

Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of "socially unacceptable" jobs that I can think of. Mob boss, maybe? Hitman?
    A few odds and ends.