New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #196

I've got slate grey eyes. Although everyone seems to think it's very blue.

Guys. The moon last night looked like the Cheshire Cat's grin. Totally cloudless as well. Wish I took a picture.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Yes, exactly. Though mine are slightly darker.

Meh, my hair is dirty blonde, and I've always liked it. Meeeheheh. Pale skin and dark hair works well as a contrast with blue or grey eyes. Tan and black looks odd to me. Maybe I have weird tastes.
    That is pretty badass if you do not mind me saying so.

I have nothing against dirty blonde, I was simply explaining my hair colour.

Actually, by slightly tanned I mean not as white as the forum background. I also like the contrast, but I don't particularly want my appearance to cause difficulties with family and work.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I've got slate grey eyes. Although everyone seems to think it's very blue.

Guys. The moon last night looked like the Cheshire Cat's grin. Totally cloudless as well. Wish I took a picture.
    Yes, I never really looked in the mirror until recently. My Mum always said I have blue eyes and I took her at face value, however she is the only one who looks at them and sees blue. It is interesting.

I always regret when I see something visually effective and my camera is out of batteries.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2013-07-12 at 03:01 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm not dead, guys. Just in case you were worried.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    That is pretty badass if you do not mind me saying so.

I have nothing against dirty blonde, I was simply explaining my hair colour.

Actually, by slightly tanned I mean not as white as the forum background. I also like the contrast, but I don't particularly want my appearance to cause difficulties with family and work.
    Oh, thank you.

Why would having pale skin affect your work? My skin is about as pale as the "forum" bar on the site, er... Slightly paler. So, with my gold eyes and blonde hair it all works pretty well. (I'm Californian.)

The woman I dated until recently had long red hair and green eyes, but hers were speckled with gold. Which was always super attractive. I was very lucky.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Why would having pale skin affect your work?

The woman I dated until recently had long red hair and green eyes, but hers were speckled with gold. Which was always super attractive. I was very lucky.
    Pale skin would not affect my work. Black or close to black hair would. As it is I find it difficult to sell books as people are too intimidated to come ask me questions.

Yes, you sound lucky indeed.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Pale skin would not affect my work. Black or close to black hair would. As it is I find it difficult to sell books as people are too intimidated to come ask me questions.

Yes, you sound lucky indeed.
    Ah. Makes sense. In that case, yeah. Black hair probably wouldn't work.

I was lucky. Was. It didn't work out.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Makes sense. In that case, yeah. Black hair probably wouldn't work.

I was lucky. Was. It didn't work out.
    Alas, if only it were not so.

Well, unless the entirety of your time together is a painful memory it sounds a valuable experience. Who knows where you will be next? You could 'get very lucky' once more in the very near future.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Alas, if only it were not so.

Well, unless the entirety of your time together is a painful memory it sounds a valuable experience. Who knows where you will be next? You could 'get very lucky' once more in the very near future.

A seven year relationship doesn't heal that fast, considering she was the woman of your dreams, and she dumped you for someone else.

I can't think too much about the pleasant memories, seeing as my brain keeps replaying my memories with another in my place...

9. - Top - End - #219
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My sisters' eyes did that too Coidzor.

I have wanted to dye my hair to a colour close to black or black for a very long time and my family has tried to dissuade me from it for a very long time. When it is wet my hair is fairly close to black, but dry it is a golden-brown. Not dirty blonde by the way, as it is a few shades off. It definitely looks brown to everyone except my sister. Then again, sisters were created to be annoying.

I do think now I have a bit of a tan very dark hair would suit me. Ahh, no way to be sure without getting some sort of non-permanent hair dye. Even those last several weeks however and I am not sure about that.

My brother has very bright blue eyes which most people notice. The opinions I get on my gaze is simply that it is intense.

Perhaps more it is the expression behind the eyes than the colour that pull people in initially. For a reason best unexplained during childhood I did not do eye contact. I learned it later in life, so when talking to me I will be bordering on staring. It makes some people uncomfortable for sure, but for some reason a lack of eye contact makes even more people uncomfortable. (Australia by the way. Not in the indigenous community however, as some of the indigenous tribes don't feel it is as big a deal.)

Actually, if I could find the video I would link it. Most predators' eyes lack the easy-to-see whites of ours. Our eyes are designed so we can easily tell where each other are looking. Interesting, no?

Actually, I have a lot of European features but nobody has ever commented on them as a reason for asking if I am foreign... Only my skin colour.
    Ahh, sisters. Never had one, but heard so much about them.

Well, there's something like costumer's dye which is supposed to wash out immediately, and only sometimes holds to the hair IIRC.

A bit of both for me, I suppose. I've gotten a fair measure of BS for having thicker eyebrows than is usual so people tend to think I'm more aggressive or angry due to them and my mouth naturally turning downwards in a slight frown which is exacerbated by the way my facial hair tends to grow.

I usually defaulted to looking between the eyes because alternating between left eye and right eye gets hypnotic/annoying/distracting.

Hm... I'm trying to remember if I've heard that before. Makes sense though, and is a bit interesting, yeah. Dogs are very different from baseline wolves in that they actually know to seek out and look at facial expression and eyes for emotional cues.

Well, it's like looking European in the U.S. or Canada or New Zealand, isn't it? The majority is of European descent so looking like them is expected.

Mhm. Gold is an interesting color, and most of my female friends seem to agree an have pretty eyes. Which is good.

Also, is that odd? I like pale skin. Tan skin is.... Not at all attractive to me. Same with big, full lips. I like thin lips... Maybe I'm weird.
    Certainly not an every day one, aye.

Tastes are... ephemeral, really.

I guess, yeah, if you were going for unnatural levels of black that might be an issue.

Why would having pale skin affect your work? My skin is about as pale as the "forum" bar on the site, er... Slightly paler. So, with my gold eyes and blonde hair it all works pretty well. (I'm Californian.)

I think the parts of me that never see sun might be that pale, when they're not so pale that they're pink or red from the blood vessels underneath. Was called a vampire a lot when I was a chillen due to my pale skin and growing up in a sunny region and not really tanning despite being outside all the time. Arms have finally darkened up at some point between puberty and adulthood, though that may just be a trick of the boar's bristles growing out the back of my arms. Most of me tends towards ruddy though, if I recall the term correctly. Only really turning white when it's cold out and the color drains from me.

Mmm, all I've managed is to get some yellow flecks in my eyes that disappear when they go pale.

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Ah, welcome back! I was wondering where you'd gotten off to.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-12 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, welcome back! I was wondering where you'd gotten off to.
    Sometimes I just don't care to do internet things for a while. These gaps come and go. Best to just roll with the punches and don't make any long term plans with me.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

A seven year relationship doesn't heal that fast.
    My apologies.

Hatter offers the Mad Hatter a book to borrow, to read. It seems to be about Ulysses.

Ahh, sisters. Never had one, but heard so much about them.

A bit of both for me, I suppose. I've gotten a fair measure of BS for having thicker eyebrows than is usual so people tend to think I'm more aggressive or angry due to them and my mouth naturally turning downwards in a slight frown which is exacerbated by the way my facial hair tends to grow.

I usually defaulted to looking between the eyes because alternating between left eye and right eye gets hypnotic/annoying/distracting.

Hm... I'm trying to remember if I've heard that before. Makes sense though, and is a bit interesting, yeah. Dogs are very different from baseline wolves in that they actually know to seek out and look at facial expression and eyes for emotional cues.

Well, it's like looking European in the U.S. or Canada or New Zealand, isn't it? The majority is of European descent so looking like them is expected.

I guess, yeah, if you were going for unnatural levels of black that might be an issue.
    I only have one, but one is more than enough.

Yeah, my mouth does the same thing but while growing up people assumed I was sad. Now I am not sure it is as noticeable. I also have dimples, so I have to dodge being called 'cute' and 'adorable' all the time. My eyebrows are a lot darker than my hair for some reason, so a fair few people seem to think I have a secret hair dying technique for very effective golden-brown hair.

I don't focus on anything that small unless I need to, so this eyes thing is not an issue for me. Though when I am very tired and not concentrating, my lazy eye does wander a little which I am sure is worse than being hypnotic.

Your fact about dogs is interesting too, but why we have chihuahuas and similar tiny dogs will forever baffle me. They have rather irritating personalities if you ask me.

For some reason, I do not 'look Australian'. Which to be honest is ridiculous as in school we are taught to take pride in our multicultural nation.

Well, I am not looking for unnatural black as it would not look as sharp.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2013-07-12 at 03:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222

NecromancerGuy

I only have one, but one is more than enough.

Yeah, my mouth does the same thing but while growing up people assumed I was sad. Now I am not sure it is as noticeable. I also have dimples, so I have to dodge being called 'cute' and 'adorable' all the time. My eyebrows are a lot darker than my hair for some reason, so a fair few people seem to think I have a secret hair dying technique for very effective golden-brown hair.

I don't focus on anything that small unless I need to, so this eyes thing is not an issue for me. Though when I am very tired and not concentrating, my lazy eye does wander a little which I am sure is worse than being hypnotic.

Your fact about dogs is interesting too, but why we have chihuahuas and similar tiny dogs will forever baffle me. They have rather irritating personalities if you ask me.

For some reason, I do not 'look Australian'. Which to be honest is ridiculous as in school we are taught to take pride in our multicultural nation.

Well, I am not looking for unnatural black as it would not look as sharp.
    That seems to be the consensus, aye.

Ah, yeah... I don't even want to conjecture whether it's worse to be seen as a bit intimidating or adorable for that kind of thing. I think my eyebrows are darker as well, though it's hard to tell whether that's legit the case or just a product of the different textures of the hair, but the rest of my hair is dark as well except for the obligatory blond, golden brown, and red beard hairs.

I've found that people tend to think I'm bored if I don't focus my eyes to some extent while I'm talking to them, at least in an "eyecontact" context.

Toy dogs baffle me as well, and it amuses me that the larger the dog is, the more it wants to be held and loved on like only a small dog could be, but that smaller dogs can't really deal with that kind of treatment as it stresses them out and leads to them being high-strung and given to panick and biting. :/

It's always interesting seeing how Australia can be similar to the U.S. in some ways and different in others. I'd say that this is definitely one of the ways in which our xenophobias align though.

I'm not really seeing the problem with natural-looking black hair though. Is it some kind of cultural association in Australia? All I could think of was that ink-black would get parsed as some kind of goth-a-like subculture and evoke those sorts of prejudices...

Sometimes I just don't care to do internet things for a while. These gaps come and go. Best to just roll with the punches and don't make any long term plans with me.
    Ah, that'd be nice to be able to imitate, actually. Way too addicted right now...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-12 at 03:56 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #223

Ah, that'd be nice to be able to imitate, actually. Way too addicted right now...
    I'd agree if I actually accomplished a damn thing during my 'hiatus'.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Firbolg in the Playground

Eye things. My whole life I was informed that my eyes were very, very blue, and then I went to high school. According to them, my eyes are grey, green, hazel, and "grey-ish blue with cool gold rings on them."

Meanwhile, I'm just miffed my eyes don't look like the trademark shade of blue that my Dutch family has.

And I've found pictures of me with brown eyes from when I was younger, which only serves to confuse the matter more.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Eye things. My whole life I was informed that my eyes were very, very blue, and then I went to high school. According to them, my eyes are grey, green, hazel, and "grey-ish blue with cool gold rings on them."

Meanwhile, I'm just miffed my eyes don't look like the trademark shade of blue that my Dutch family has.

And I've found pictures of me with brown eyes from when I was younger, which only serves to confuse the matter more.
    Heh. Yeah, people started to have more diverse reactions to my eyes in high school too. I think it was mostly because most of them were out of the initial stages of puberty by that time, if you catch my drift.

Hmm... Secret Mooncat Changeling!?
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #226

Heh. Yeah, people started to have more diverse reactions to my eyes in high school too. I think it was mostly because most of them were out of the initial stages of puberty by that time, if you catch my drift.

Hmm... Secret Mooncat Changeling!?
    Hmm, nope, drift flying over my head. They looked into your eyes more?

Me or the brown-eyed MoonCat?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, nope, drift flying over my head. They looked into your eyes more?

Me or the brown-eyed MoonCat?
    Highschool is when girls started to notice me back.

You've ever heard of a child swapped for a changeling getting returned?
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Unless the real one came back later, that would make you the changeling.

Since we're speaking of eyes, my dad has the weirdest pale green eyes. Like, washed out. I've never seen anything quite like it.

My mum has brown eyes. Guess I'm just a genetic throwback, heh.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

19. - Top - End - #229

BlackDragon

You've ever heard of a child swapped for a changeling getting returned?
    Maybe that's exactly what happened--they took baby Moonie but found she was far too awesome for them, so they swapped her back again?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

I used to have bright blue eyes as a kid. They've dulled to a sort of slate-gray/blue. I can't tell if it's a physical manifestation of me losing the bright spark of youth or they're just getting paler until they turn completely gray/white and I get ghost powers. Those are the only options.

My sister's went from green to hazel when she was very young, so I guess it's a common thing for us?

ION: Pacific Rim is out today but I'm stuck at work for 11 more hours (including commute). Nooo!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I must have been living under a rock for the past couple of months. I had no idea what Pacific Rim was. Just checked it out. Sounds awesome. That one's getting on my to-watch list.

Shame it only starts over here the 2nd of August.

22. - Top - End - #232

Aww... I had high hopes!

I... Wasn't talking bout you, I've never seen you. You have blue eyes?

I dunno. I just have a huge thing for blue, grey, and light green eyes.
    Yha, sorry about that.

And yes, I know, but a compliment's a compliment, even if it's not intended

As has been elaborated, eye colour can change as you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    ION: Pacific Rim is out today but I'm stuck at work for 11 more hours (including commute). Nooo!
    There's a chance that my theatre isn't getting it. I REALLY hope this is just their website glitching cause it's showing Now Playing movies in the coming soon area. I really really hope that's just a glitch.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Well, everybody was in a panic just a moment ago. One of the chickens managed to get into one of the garden beds AGAIN.

And right after we thought we got all the chickens, right when I was coming back inside, I saw 3 chickens loose in the yard. The first one was easy, since it ran right into the netting that we use to protect the vegetables and flowers from the chickens and got stuck in it. So, that one was a major cakewalk for me, but it got harder with the other two. But it wasn't hard for very long.

I would not be surprised if those chickens could escape from Alcatraz.

Who knew how much fun poultry can be. Top that, budgies! :P
    Our parrots have escaped and flown off multiple times, this is the reason that we only have one, instead of two, as we used to live across the street from an open space.

Our chickens, on the other hand, aren't full grown yet, and are slippery and incredibly difficult to catch. I would imagine that as they get older and their mass increases, they're easier to grab.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Today:

Spoiler
    Show

No more fever. Just a whole lotta sneezin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Was it a very long post? Were you doing other things at the same time?
    It was long, but not excessively so, and I didn't do anything in the meantime. It was, however, a very thought-intensive post, and I think I may've read it all through at least three times. And probably closer to five or above for the most critical sections...

The 'i' still works, but it requires additional force, so I end up retyping words two or three times to get the 'i's in them. Fingers crossed this'll be a short-lived text impediment.
    Fingers crossed indeed.

Toast.
    Toast is always a good snack if you can have it hot.
    Toast is good, but I prefer it for my breakfasts, since it requires a minimum of effort. I settled for a piece of dry bread with butter on top. Spartan, but at least no effort was required in making it.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    It's either a massive post or massive post.
    Or a large but really invested post.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    I really hope those two circumstances aren't somehow linked.

*munches on RAM while tasting USB port*
    Do any two sentences in that post look like they're related?

This is a curiously complex knot of crossed languages and names and histories which I shall endeavour to unravel. It may take a while though. For I know this name which you expectorate "Bilberry" as a creature unrelated to our blueberries, a thing taken in exotic supplements as amulet against disorders of the eye. It is not what I pick in the woods: and nor is that knee-high shrub you inveigh. Let us reconvene on this topic at a future date, armed with further herbalisms, to best circumscribe the genera and the species of our object.
    Do you perchance know the Latin name of your wild blueberries?

Also, I shall put my best dwarves on it.

;___; I have begun a new era, I hope, with all the beautiful or delicious things I have planted to take their venerable place. Your mother and I are in complementary professions, and I imagine we would get along.
    Let us all hope so. You have my blessing.

Speaking of the past: I learned recently that the Ulfilas Gospels are kept in your city, that pricelessly luxurious manuscript inscribed in silver and gold on purple-dyed foetal vellum. Do you know of this item?
    Ulfilas Gospels? Oh, the Codex Argenteus! Of course I know of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Anyways, Random thing that just happened;
    So, I'm sitting here, sipping the last of my nice, ice cold Mt. Dew (Lol, at 1:30 AM) and this really, really loud humming noise started up, (Like Loud as in really loud, not insect noise loud, like that driving down the highway guy next to you has bass through the roof loud) And ended about 4/5 minutes later.......And frankly, I'm more then a little on edge, any ideas on what it is?
    With no further information on how it sounded and where it seemed to come from, no. If it happens again, get up and try to follow it. It'll probably lead out of your house, so you don't have follow it all the way, but just so you get an idea of where it comes from. Knowing the source can usually be rather reassuring, and if it isn't, it's because you've found something in need of fixing.

Coincidentally I've had my eyes go through all of those at various lifestages and moods/seasons.
    Yeah, me too, more or less.

This may be because of your eyes actually changing colour by the time you went to high school. It's actually rather common, especially for us with grey-green eyes. I mean, my started out as blue, and the only constants to my eye colour have been the small brown specks which have been there for as long as I can remember...

EDIT:
    Ninja'd by LaLa, and I think Finn may have posted another adorable picture. I'm glad to see you're getting better, Finn!
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-07-12 at 08:37 AM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236

Today:

Spoiler
    Show

No more fever. Just a whole lotta sneezin'.
    Woo, glad you're feeling better! Now...gotta get all those tissues off me XP

Your art style is really adorable, you know.

27. - Top - End - #237

And, wow. Blue eyes are the sexiest things alive.
    Eh. I'd say eyes can certainly be attractive, but I wouldn't describe them as sexy.
    Also, strictly speaking the eyes themselves aren't alive (I AM PEDANT HEAR ME ROAR CONTRADICT YOU IN A MILDLY AGGRESSIVE FASHION)

Also, is that odd? I like pale skin. Tan skin is.... Not at all attractive to me. Same with big, full lips. I like thin lips... Maybe I'm weird.
    No, you just have certain tastes. Everyone has their own personal tastes. 'Cause they're, y'know, personal.

Curses! Must hire better assassins in future.
    I mean, uh... hi. I... missed you? (Because I'm a terrible shot with a sniper rifle?)

ION: I am disappointed by the character limit on names in Dungeons of Dredmor. When I create a big game hunting viking wizard clockwork knight, I want to name him something like Sir Wolstein Humdinger!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

ION: I am disappointed by the character limit on names in Dungeons of Dredmor. When I create a big game hunting viking wizard clockwork knight, I want to name him something like Sir Wolstein Humdinger!
    I always liked Elder scrolls' character limit which let me name PCs things like Some Random Guy.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Ninja'd by LaLa, and I think Finn may have posted another adorable picture. I'm glad to see you're getting better, Finn!
    Nalle, you need to get back to ninja school!

Better is a funny subject... <.< *has started throat ripping coughing*

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Woo, glad you're feeling better! Now...gotta get all those tissues off me XP
    But you're such a good tissue holder!

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    --- a big game hunting viking wizard clockwork knight ---
    I, what.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #240