New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Dot.Hack//Sign(G.U.) Homebrew?

Has anyone ever done one? A Homebrew for 'The World' or ' The World: R2'?
    I always wondered how an Adept Rogue would fit into a game like D&D 3.5/4

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Dot.Hack//Sign(G.U.) Homebrew?

I have no idea what you are referring to. Is this a video game or something?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dot.Hack//Sign(G.U.) Homebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I have no idea what you are referring to. Is this a video game or something?

Debby
    The .Hack// series is a series of games, manga and anime (and some other stuff) which all takes place in a virtual world called The World. Most of what is happening is all happening in this virtual world. The games usually show the main character actually booting up the game, checking the forums or his Email. The Adept Rogue the OP is talking about is one of the classes, which is capable of swithing weapons in combat to adept to the situation. These days the series still has a relatively small but dedicated following.

I don't know any homebrew that is .Hack related, though i do know of a homebrew class (for 3.5) that has the rapid weapon-changing functionality that is key to the Adept Rogue. It's actually based on Zelda, but with some adaptations you can make it an Adept Rogue. It's called the Hylian Warrior.
    Homebrew:
    The inFAMOUS Conduit base class. Wow I actually finished it...
    The Darksiders base class, based on the videogame with the same name.

I also draw some stuff here, Gamespectre on Deviantart