New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Annals of the Azlanti

R1T26: Gek'k, despite his nausea, strikes out repeatedly at his aggressor, hoping to land a debilitating, bleeding blow. His second strike blasts the things shoulder, and in a short time Gek'k pulverizes the reptile-man.

R1T22: Teofilo, takes out the wand of mage armor Hülya with it. Nothing happens. Not even a fizzle.

R1T20: Lilim steps back out of the fire, next to her mistress, and launches 2 magic missiles at the rear troglodyte for 8 force.

R1T15: With Lilim already having been wounded previously, Hülya casts CLW on her for 6 healing.

R1T13: Ichibod, what do you do? The troglodytes will have both concealment and light cover from your position as a result of the fire and the brambles. What do you do?

I/S
    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

Sickened = –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Gek'k: 26. Sickened.
    Teofilo: 22. Sickened.
    * Rolled '1' today on UMD with wand of mage armor.
    Lilim: 20.
    Hülya: 15. Sickened. Light: flute.
    Ichibod: 13.
    * Mage armor[/I]. Light: scabbard of dagger.
    Dorit: 10. Sickened. Light (Lilim): shield.
    Trog2: 9.
    Trog3: 7. (12:20).
    Rezah: 4.

DEAD: T1.

Spoiler: Marching Order
    Show

Gek'k>>>FIRE!
    Dorit>>>FIRE!
    >>>>>>FIRE!

Hülya + Lilim
    Teofilo
    Rezah
    Ichibod
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #92

R1T13: Ichibod pulls out the Shard of Greed and triggers haste on the three in front, and if possible on Hülya and himself. The power of the Shard of Greed, in seeking to take victory quickly for the spoils, pulls from Ichibod's life force to affect Gek'k and Dorit, then Hülya and Lilim, skipping Teofilo and Rezah, and finally himself.
    Spoiler: Shard Use
    Show
    Like a wand or scroll, you still have to take out the shard to activate its power.

For the affected, time seems dilated as the world suddenly seems to move more slowly around them.

R1T10: Dorit, there is the strangest sensation. You are still sickened, and yet your heart pounds and your temples thrumb, and the world seems slower about you. You are standing in the fiery brush, but Gek'k just made an opening for you by dropping a troglodyte. It will allow you to step forward out of the fire and in front of the next opponent. What do you do?

I/S
    Show

Sickened = –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

Gek'k: 26. Sickened. Haste til R6T13.
    Lilim: 20. Haste til R6T13.
    Hülya: 15. Sickened. Light: flute. Haste til R6T13.
    Ichibod: 13. Haste til R6T13.
    Dorit: 10. Sickened. Light (Lilim): shield. Haste til R6T13.
    Trog2: 9.
    Trog3: 7. (12:20).

Show

Gek'k>>>FIRE!
    Dorit>>>FIRE!
    >>>>>>FIRE!

Hülya + Lilim
    Teofilo
    Rezah
    Ichibod
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2014-04-02 at 11:23 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93

R1T10: Dorit swiftly lurches forward out of the fire and attempts to compose herself for an accurate slice on her foe. But her condition, send her slice low to the trog's left foot, practically severing it as she does 13. She has a mind to attack again, but even with her lightning speed she finds herself unable to get in a second shot.
    Spoiler: Haste
    Show
    Even with haste, any move action means only a standard action remains - not a full attack action. The extra attack from haste still only comes from a FAA.

R1T9: The trog hisses in pain as he drops his javelin, and he attempts a counter-attack, trying futiely to get past the metal encasement that is her armor.

R1T7: The trog in back throws a javelin at Gek'k, who does little to sidestep as it still sails by ... clattering on the deck and beginning to burn.

R1T7: Rezah shakes his head, managing to get a glimpse of the trog in the back. The priest casts a spell and a ghostly scimitar appears above the trog and slams down and dings him for 2 force.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T26: Gek'k, you are still in the fire, and Dorit just took the spot in front of you that would have you stepping safely out. She is fighting a badly wounded trog, and behind that one is a moderately wounded one. What do you do?

Teoflo on deck, Lilim in the hole ...

I/S
    Show

Trog2: 9. (7:20).
    Trog3: 7. (10:20).
    Rezah: 4. Spiritual weapon vs T3.

Show

Dorit
    Gek'k>>>FIRE!
    >>>>>>FIRE!
    >>>>>>FIRE!

Hülya + Lilim
    Teofilo
    Rezah
    Ichibod

Last edited by lostsole31; 2014-04-02 at 01:36 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94

Spoiler: Sickened
    Show
    Dorit actually did two points less damage because she is sickened.

R2T26: Gek'k musters his resolve, intent on leaving the flames behind him and, like a green, minuscule, croaking phoenix, he launches himself over Dorit's head in a superb somersault (the only acrobatic attack of his art), intent on landing behind the last Trog and striking his foe with a vicious single strike. His fist hits directly into his back for 4. While a spot-on strike, the Gek'k's sickened condition keeps him from having the focus to cause hemorraging.

R2T22: Teofilo, despite his ailment, begins playing a sweet tune that provides succcor for Dorit. Her wounds magically knit and she is no longer wounded.

R1T20: Lilim casts a spell and sends an ar of fire to the lead troglodyte. The first one is entirely immolated with a hissing scream for 26 and he drops. The flame bursts through him and into Gek'k's opponent for 9. That one drops to, but it is not nearly as dramatic a conflagration as the first.

Combat Ends ...

I/S
    Show

Trog3: 7. (-3:20).
    Rezah: 4. Spiritual weapon vs T3.

DEAD: T2.

Show

Gek'k
    T3
    T2
    Dorit

>>>FIRE!
    >>>>>>FIRE!
    >>>>>>FIRE!

Hülya + Lilim
    Teofilo
    Rezah
    Ichibod

Show

5. - Top - End - #95

R1T19-16: Three of the four troglodytes spin around and throw javelins at Dorit (10' away). One just barely is kept from getting through her armor. Those three then pull their clubs.

R1T10: Gek'k, what do you do?

Dorit on deck ...

I/S
    Show

T1: 19.
    T2: 17.
    T3: 16.
    Gek'k: 10.
    Dorit: 9.
    T4: 0.

Teofilo: 22.
    Hülya: 15.

Trog3: 7.

Spoiler: Troglodyte Casualties
    Show
    Entrance: 1 Trog dead, another at -3.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

R1T10: Gek'k moves towards the fourth troglodyte and readies an attack should it make any moves to.

R1T9: Dorit steps forward and does a NL shield slam at the first trog, but she's not quite used to the movement.

R1T0: The very sluggish last troglodyte drops its javelin, and begins to move towards Dorit with its hand ready to bring out its club when it suddenly takes a blow to its left elbow for 6, and blood begins to pour for 1. Gek'k then appears.

Ichibod, battle has started in the next room ...

End Round 1, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T19-16: One of the trogs moves to help his suddenly beleaguered compatriot. It is one of its finest swings, but where Dorit is a juggernaut, Gek'k's still is just as handy at keeping him from harm.

The other two focus on Dorit. One misses entirely, but the other swings as valiantly as its other fellow, but its weapon hits metal plate.

R2T9: Dorit whallops her first foe for 9 NL with the shield, followed by a 5 NL smack with her sword. Trog 1's head is wringing, but it is still standing.

R2T1: Gek'k? You now have two opponents, including the one you actually injured. What do you do?

I/S
    Show

T1: 19. (20:20, 14 NL)
    T2: 17.
    T3: 16.
    Gek'k: 1.
    T4: 0. (13:20). BLEED!!

Show
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97

R2T1: Gek'k focuses two punches on the injured trog, devastating him for 13 and the bleeding makes him drop.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T19-16:
    One of Dorit's two opponents makes a Hail Mary 1 point with a claw against her, whereas Gek'k notices a claw come close to him.

R3T9: Dorit looks to her small, green companion, confused. "I thought we were trying to subdue them, not kill them Gek'k. You were onboard with that, I thought."

The claw was just a tiny sting, and she manages to stay the course for herself. She clobbers her first opponent for 10 NL, and knocks him out. She then whallops the other one for 8 NL.

R3T1: Gek'k, one opponent on you. What do you do?

I/S
    Show
    Dorit.

T1: 19. (20:20, 24 NL). KO'D!!!
    T2: 17. Gek'k.
    T3: 16. (20:20, 10 NL). Dorit.
    T4: 0. (-6:20). BLEED-3!!

Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

R3T1: "My apologies Dorit, I inadvertently reverted to my normal style." Gek'k strikes out at his opponent's pressure points, but this time with the intention to incapacitate, rather than slay. A chest followed by a stomach punch, and the next punch or two should drop him.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T17-16:
    The heroes easily block the trog's attacks.

R4T9: Dorit's shield bash is off kilter, but her longsword smacks her opponent along its arm for 6 NL.

R4T1: Gek'k?

I/S
    Show
    Dorit.

T2: 17. (20:20, 14 NL). Gek'k.
    T3: 16. (20:20, 16 NL). Dorit.
    T4: 0. (-12:20). BLEED-3!!

Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

R4T1: Gek'k hopes to finish the fight quickly, as Dorit seems (to him) to be tiring. He strikes out again desperately at the trog before him. The first strike alone is enough to make him fall, but Gek'k's second fist catches him as he drops.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T16-9:
    Dorit and her opponent trade parries, but her shield connects for a whopping 12 NL, throwing her opponent back and down on the ground, KO'd.

"Help the fallen one," she says to Gek'k.

I/S
    Show
    Dorit.

T2: 17. (20:20, 25 NL). Gek'k. KO'D!!!
    T3: 16. (20:20, 16 NL). Dorit.
    T4: 0. (-12:20). DEAD!!!

Show
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2014-07-08 at 11:11 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

R1T20: Lilim, what do you do?

I/S
    Show
    Trog1: 17.
    Gek'k: 14.
    Trog2: 11.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2014-09-09 at 10:46 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

R1T20: "Battle," says Lilim simply to those hanging back. "They want to warn someone named Uggilo."

Lilim charges one of the troglodytes and whips it with her tail for 8 NL.

R1T17: CORRECTION!!! The trog who gave the order and was hit swings as best he can, whumping Lilia in the belly. Her mitral breadboard soaked up most of the impact, but her charge practically through her onto the club for 6. She has slowly been accruing wounds, bit by bit.

R1T14: Gek'k moves to the second, unengaged trog and casts his net at the creature, easily entangling the reptilian humanoid next to him.

R1T11: The entrapped troglodyte simply puts his claws into some of the holes and tears outwards, and he then bites at Gek'k valiantly though he monk manages to use what is left of the rope to deflect him (Jackie Chan style) before he drops the destroyed net. [It's important to note that the mage armor boon Ichibod gave him has since expired.]

R2T25: With phenomenal reflexes, Teofilo flies in and above to the ceiling. He plays his lyre, and Lilim is healed of 12. She only has the lightest bruising remaining.

R2T20: Lilim?

I/S
    Show

Teofilo: 25.
    Trog1: 17. (20:20, 8 NL)
    Ichibod: 16.
    Hulya: 11.
    Trog2: 11.
    Dorit: 10.
    Rezah: 8.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102

R2T11: Hulya steps over behind Lilim to see what's happening in the room but doesn't do anything.

R2T10: Dorit moves in to take a tactical position on the other side of the cave mouth than Ichibod.

R2T8: Rezah?

I/S
    Show

Teofilo: 25.
    Hulya: 11.
    Dorit: 10.
    Rezah: 8.
    T3: 6.
    Sulgesh (T4): 0.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Gek'k finds himself feeling ill and overcome by the stench and he is sickened.

Surprise Round ...

The pebbly texture and coloring of troglodytes make them perfect for hiding against rocky terrain, and a troglodyte appears next to Gek'k ... surprising him. The grippli monk's training takes over and some. He takes the first claw for 6, barely blocks the second, but easily moves into a rhythm against the third. Rezah, on the other hand, is nonplussed by the smell. He is a half-orc that was born and raised in a city with more than its fair share of rotten sewage and garbage, and his own heritage steels against the stench. Speaking of steel, his protection is made of brawny metal, and despite some solid attempts the troglodyte that attempts to attack him fails to connect.

A big troglodyte wearing the same spiraling tentacle symbol has a big pet monster by his side. He yells out in Taldane with a hissing accent, "You dare to attack me?!"

He looks to the pet monster and sends it to attack the little one (Gek'k). The big troglodyte (presumably Uggilo), then casts a spell on himself.
    Spoiler: Lilim
    Show
    Bull's strength

Spoiler: Monster
    Show

25: Teofilo, Ichibod
    15: Hulya
    10: Gek'k: Gek'k, these monsters inhabit the swamps, and they are called log-lizards .... very powerful and dangerous animals. Civilized long-shanks refer to them as crocodiles.

Lilim and Rezah ... these Large monsters are long and powerful looking, with oversized mouths that look like they could bite a man's leg clean off! What the hell is this thing?!

The long reptile speeds forth to charge Gek'k with its powerful mouth and bites him for 11. Though it looks like it could snatch him up, the grippli is badly hurt but manages to keep from getting held in its mouth.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round 1 ...

R1T21: Teofilo takes out a wand and tries to cast on himself, but he is too sick to focus.

R1T20: The big reptile looks like it should have been lumbering, but its surprising sprint and now its reflexes are surprising. Gek'k's monastic training blocks the bite, but then the log-lizard whips its tail to hit Gek'k squarely for 13! Gek'k is now in the yellow.

R1T17: "Gods dammit!" Dorit curses, her great fortitude failing her once again as she succumbs to the stench. She steps up to the troglodyte fighting to Rezah's side. "Anyone else notice these guys are tougher than the last bunch?"

She gives in to a battle rage. She swings with her shield, but she fails spectacularly .... enough to lose the rest of her attacks this round.

R1T16: Ichibod concentrates and something happens to the party .... except for each of you, the world around you seems to slow down.

R1T15: Gek'k's trog grazes him for 5 with a claw, but things are getting dire for the little guy. Likewise, a claw scratches Rezah for 6.

R1T14: Hülya whispers "Gek'k" in concern. She bravely steps past Lilim to her side, and defensively casts CLW on him for 12, a great boon for the wounded grippli.

R1T8: Uggilo casts a spell on his warhammer.
    Spoiler: Ichibod, Lilim, Teofilo
    Show

R1T7: Finally, Lilim gathers her wits. Hülya is to your L, a trog FL, and Gek'k in front. The large lizard thing takes up the space behind both in front of both Gek'k and Rezah. Uggilo is 45' from you. What do you do?

I/S
    Show

Teofilo: 21. Sickened til end R10Tx.
    Crocodile: 20.
    Dorit: 17. Sickened til end R10Tx.
    Trog 1: 15.
    Trog 2: 14.9.
    Hülya: 14. Sickened til end R10Tx.
    Uggilo: 8. Bull's strength.
    Lilim: 7.
    Gek'k: 6. Sickened til end R10Tx.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

R1T7: Though it is clear that Uggilo might be the "cut the head off the snake," she has enough of an idea of teamwork that she can't let her allies get chomped on for her own glory. Let him cast his spells, she thinks. They will help, but we will overwhelm him.

She assesses the threat, and sees that while these troglodytes must be the toughest honor guard, that lizard is crazy dangerous, though she can't get to it right now. "Any idea what that thing is?"

Lilim calls upon the dark magics of her heritage, not bothering to cast defensively, and brings forth a glowing blue energy on her hand. The martial artist reaches forth to touch the troglodyte to touch him for max (9) damage and 1 STR.

Lilim's magic doesn't equal Rezah's or Ichibod's in either scale or focus. However, the training she received at the war magic monastery, in combination with her genius, can put more power into an offensive than usually possible for a sorcerer of similar power. In the case of this spell, she manages to channel more freezing pain into the troglodyte than might be possible by any other mage, Havocs of the Society (such as I chibod) included.

The touch is nearly flawless, and in addition to the chill, the humanoid takes 1 point of Strength damage. The blue energy still surrounds Lilim's hand, ready for another strike.

Gek'k, you were in real trouble, and you still from solid damage, but nonetheless back in the green. Log-lizard in front and R front of you, trog L of you, Hulya to L, Lilim behind you, Rezah to your R.

R1T6: Gek'k strikes out against the trog adjacent to himself, channeling his ki through his body for extra speed. He does not attempt to strike non-lethally now, it is obvious that any guards in this proximity to Uggilo would be his most fanatic followers. His fists fly at a speed that surprise even himself, and the ki within him has a snowball effect; he can't quite stop his own inertia and nails the troglodyte for four strikes, instantly killing him.

"Ware the crocodile!" he calls to his allies.

R1T4: Rezah, you are blocked from closing on the leader by the monster lizard and the troglodyte, which is a stronger tribesman than you have fought previously. So your targets are the monster lizard or the (presumably) evil troglodyte. What do you do?

Teofilo on deck, crocodile in the hole ...

I/S
    Show

Teofilo: 21. Sickened til end R10Tx.
    Crocodile: 20.
    Trog 2: 14.9.
    Uggilo: 8. Bull's strength.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105

"I had him," says Lilim flatly to Gek'k. "That could have been better used on the monster."

"Save your magic for slowing down the lizard. I have more powerful attacks than that," Gek'k retorts.

R1T4:
    Rezah is blocked from closing on the leader by the monster lizard and the troglodyte, which is a stronger tribesman than he has yet fought. So your targets are the monster lizard or the (presumably) evil troglodyte. Rezah strikes at the lizard with a fine cut for 9. He recognizes his ability to use this speed to his advantage and follows up that cut with another, cutting through its thick hide for another 4.

"These are tight quarters. Focus on slaying one foe at a time!"

R2T21: This time, Teofilo is successful, and the tell-tale shimmer of shield is briefly hums on him.

R2T20: With a critical wound, the crocodile gives something like a low, strange growl and bites at Rezah, but the paladin saw this coming and blocks its teeth with his scimitar. The tail likewise swings around at him, but thuds against the half-orc's armor.

R2T17: Dorit steps past Hülya and the crocodile swings its head but she puts up her adamantine shield as she moves past, and the great reptile breaks a tooth. Dorit continues to zoom at amazing speed, despite wearing full plate and gets right up to Uggilo. She cracks him good with Inge Daygrabber (her shield) for 10.

R2T16: Though it is a chestnut of battle advice, Ichibod is always one to want the glory. "The lot of you concentrate on the crocodile, while Dorit and I take care of the cleric!"

He casts a spell and a beam of fiery heat begins to speed towards the cleric, but the high speed of his world vice the world around him rebounds on him and creates a static discharge that does 6 electricity. Ichibod, understandably, is perplexed.

R2T15: The troglodyte on Rezah desperately tries to get past his armor but fails.

R2T14: Hülya steps back 5' and casts a spell in Celestial and invokes the name Zilakhrahn! Appearing behind the enemy crocodile is ... another crocodile! This one has faint gold piping around its dark green scales, and there is a mild glow that surrounds this one, its muscles far more powerful than the other one. The summoner commands it to attack the enemy lizard, and with a flank the bite is quite successful, for 13; the tail slap isn't able to bludgeon past the thick hide, however.

R2T8: Uggilo shrieks in wrath, steps back 5' from Dorit, and casts a spell. A force-hammer appears above Hülya and swings down at her, but she ducks out of the way.

R2T7: Lilim, focuses and just manages to touch the now thrashing crocodile with her spell for 7, and even its great bulk cannot quite save it from the soul-chilling effect.

R2T6: Gek'k, what do you do? You have flanking on the crocodile courtesy of the gold-tinged one. This once-great and fearsome enemy looks to be little able to continue.

Rezah on deck, Teofilo in the hole ...

I/S
    Show
    HASTE!!!
    Teofilo: 21. Sickened til end R10Tx. Mage armor.
    Crocodile: 20. (6:39). Broken tooth, -2 attack with bite for 2 minutes. -1 to STR.
    Trog 2: 15.
    Zilakhrahn: 13.9.
    Uggilo: 8. (58:68). Bull's strength, weapon of awe.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2014-09-20 at 06:50 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

R2T6: Gek'k turns his attention to the log lizard now, and again brings his monastic focus into his attacks; with his first strike, his fists seem to bleed acid. His first attack swings incredibly wide, and he has to plant his feet on the ground and dig in to keep from falling over (he is now flat-footed). The acid don his fist spatters off the remaining acid tiny bit of acid onto Lilim (who seems unaffected). Though sickened, this strange burst of speed and the crocodile on the other side is what he needs to just punch into the croc on the second attempt, doing 9 damage. The snout cracks and blood spurts out, and before the dying monster even flatly flops onto the ground, Gek'k hits it for another 5. This time, having dedicated his ki, Gek'k's FOURTH attack does another 5 damage. Though not truly dead, the creature has a great many shattered bones and internally and externally is bleeding profusely. Gek'k realizes that he wasn't able to focus on dealing as much force to the beast because of the effects of the troglodyte stench, but the effect is the same: the log-lizard has been vanquished.

R2T4: Rezah, you are face-to-face with the last troglodyte guard. The crocodile is dead, and a very obviously celestial crocodile that was summoned by Hülya remains, the latter of whom is being attacked by a spiritual weapon. The cleric chieftain is in combat with Dorit in melee, and Ichibod ranged. What do you do?

I/S
    Show
    HASTE!!!
    Trog 2: 15.
    Zilakhrahn: 13.9.
    Uggilo: 8. (58:68). Bull's strength, weapon of awe.
    Gek'k: 6. Sickened til end R10Tx. Flat-footed til end of R3.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

R2T4: "May the light of the Dawnflower purify your soul!" Rezah roars at the troglodyte standing before him. With a flourish of his blade, he strikes out twice at the beastman before him. Golden flaming licks limn his sword and himself, and his tattoo is more noticeable. His scimitar cuts deeply into the trog's left calf for 9, before Rezah spins the scimitar around and pulls a draw cut across the back of the trog's left shoulder for 7. This is not nearly enough to drop him, but to cause him to reel nonetheless.

R3T21: Teofilo, seeing the battle going well, and feeling ill himself, holds back.

R3T17: Dorit slams down her sword with what force she can muster, but she ends up notching her sword badly against the holy power of her opponent's weapon, and sword takes 6 damage (ignoring hardness). This only makes her more furious, but her shield swings are almost as wild and Uggilo manages to dodge and deflect them. She is so wild, that she nips at him, and actually draws blood (1) on his right shoulder.

R3T16: Ichibod curses to himself and simply fires a volley of three arrows at Uggilo. The first shot nearly staples Ug's left foot for max (7), the next hits into the thick hide but not far enough, and Uggilo dodges the third.

R3T15: In pain and anguish, the troglodyte guard futilely tries to get past at the meaty half-orc inside the can and behind those holy flames.

R3T14: Hülya tries to carefully cast a spell, but is too harried by the force-hammer, so she has Zilakhran change opponents. The golden girl gator now glows herself in a variety of rainbow colors and with its own fury turns and she bites for 12, with Uggilo firmly held in its mouth. She then spins and turns and Uggilo takes another 15 and he is prone in Zilakhran's death roll.

R3T8: Uggilo screams angrily and a wave of dark energy surges outwards from him. Dorit's wild mind protects her and she takes 4 negative energy damage; his own trog guard takes 10, nearly dropping him. Hülya takes 3, Zilakhran 7, Lilim 4, Gek'k 4, and Rezah 3. Teofilo and Ichibod are just back enough to be unaffected. Gek'k is now beginning to again feel the effects of damage. The mage armor is the only thing that finally protected the spiritual weapon from again hitting Hülya.

R3T7: Lilim?

I/S
    Show
    HASTE!!!
    Trog 2: 15. (2:28).
    Zilakhrahn: 13.9. (took 7).
    Uggilo: 8. (23:68). Bull's strength, weapon of awe.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

R3T7: Lilim says softly to Gek'k, "Give Rezah the honor of his kill while we end the cleric."

She sidesteps back away from reach of the guard, and casts her old standby. Three bolts of force streak unerringly to Uggilo to strike for a total of 10 force. One might get the feeling that the combination of Hülya's and Lilim's attacks are more than just happenstance, but rather trained teamwork of set-em-up/ knock-em-down. That time together and teamwork are beginning to show now.

R3T6: Gek'k, what do you do? It would take a move action to get to the grappled Uggilo, meaning you have one attack; or, you could take a 5' step into the place Lilim was and blast away at Rezah's opponent.

Rezah on deck ...

I/S
    Show
    HASTE!!!
    Uggilo: 8. (13:68). Bull's strength, weapon of awe.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

R3T6: Gek'k nods and moves to Uggilo, heeding Lilim's advice. It feels unnatural, leaving an enemy alive and to his back, but in the end he decides to trust his companion.

At the trog cleric, he again channels the elements of the four winds into his strike, breathing deeply into his stomach and chest, pulling strength from his Bodywrap of Mighty Strikes. This time, his fists crackle and spark with electricity, and he drives one forward in a powerful ki strike.

CORRECTION: Uggilo gets slugged by the mighty blow ... and yet, even grappled it doesn't seem to be enough to past his leather armor and incredibly thick hide.

R3T4: Rezah, you're are orco-y-troggo right now. What do you do?

I/S
    Show
    HASTE!!!
    Uggilo: 8. (13:68). Bull's strength, weapon of awe.
    [/QUOTE]
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

R3T4: "FOR GREAT JUSTICE!" Rezah roars as he continues to hack at the lizardman before him. The first strike cuts cleanly across the chest for 8, but before the troglodyte can fully fall to the ground, Rezah cuts the creature's left arm off at the bicep and there is arterial spray.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T21: Teofilo continues to stay well back.

R4T17: Wiith Uggilo at a severe disadvantage, Dorit's rage is like an avalanche. She clips the priest in the jaw for 7 and he reels in the croc's mouth, snaps with her own maw, then slams him a second time, but this time for a crunchy 13, enough for Uggilo to be a rag doll in Zilakhran's mouth.

R4T16: Though still keeping aware of the chamber, Ichibod's focus is now on the entrance and beyond, just in case.

R4T14: The crocodile looks to her lady, and Hülya pauses for a second, and then slowly and solemnly nods her head. Zilakhran performs a definitive coup de grace on the evil priest, just in case.

Combat Over ...

I/S
    Show
    HASTE!!!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

Surprise Round ...

His first two shots bounce off of a fungus' hard cap, which rather surprises Ichibod.

Round 1 ...

R1T19: As Ichibod hesitates to reassess the hardness of the fungus, one proves itself quite fast - if not on movement, then at least on reflexes. It moves 5' through the dense fungus, 10' away from Ichibod. A tentacle lashes out and smacks against the fence.

R1T16: Another one closes 5' through the thick, moldy undergrowth. The tentacle gets through the fence, and Ichibod's force armor stops it.

R1T13: Ichibod orders the group back 10' so he can have some fallback room. He fires two more shots, with both fungi swinging at him, and again one comes close to smacking through his magical protection. He double-nails one for 15.

R1T8: Another fungus moves with the other three and attacks.

The party backs up for Ichibod, though he can only move 5' to get a shot because of the curve of the hallway, as this is effectively Ichibod's show. In time, it will be noticed that for as much shooting Ichibod makes, his quiver doesn't deplete of arrows.

Round 2 ...

R2T19:
    The first moves up and swings wildly such that it is flat-footed.

R2T16: The next moves up and hits the mold on the floor to splatter all over itself.

R2T13: Unfortunately, as Ichibod was readying his shot, that goo splattered on him and he reflexively turns ... with his bow ... and fires, accidentally grazing Gek'k's head for 3. "Sorry." Just not Gek'k's day.

He spins for his second shot for 8.

R2T8: Misses.

R3T19: Wild misses, and it threatens no squares for several rounds.
    R3T16: Misses.
    R3T13: Seeing his first target tied up, Ichibod switches to a more active target for 13 total.
    R3T8: Misses.

R4T16: All miss.
    R4T13: 16 total damage to one.
    R4T8: Miss.

R5T16: Miss.
    R5T13: Both of Ichibod's arrows bounce.
    R5T8: This fungus' tentacles get entangled with each other and other local, normal tall stalks.

R6T16: Miss.
    R6T13: One arrow hits for 4.
    R6T8: This fungus frees itself.

R7T16: Miss.
    R7T13: Double bounce.
    R7T8: Something seems to be wrong with this one.

R8T19: The first fungus finally manages to be ready to attack.
    R8T16: Miss.
    R8T13: 14 w/ both arrows, finally destroying one.
    R8T8: Miss.

R9T19: This one's tentacles smacks the other fungus standing for 2.
    R9T13: Arrow graze for 3.
    R9T8: The fungus just hit attacks its own, with three tentacles landing and doing 7. In addition, where the third strike landed, there is a nasty rotting point on the lead fungus.

R10T19: Now a fungus-on-fungus counterattack. Three tentacles hit for 4, but its target doesn't rot.
    R10T13: Ichibod now just watches the fun, waiting for last fungus standing, and he delays ...
    R10T8: Only one tentacle lands for 2, but the first fungus looks like it is about to collapse.

R11T19: Two max hits from the weakened fungus to the sickened one for 8.
    R11T8: The last fungus tears into the leader ferociously, tearing it to shreds, and it no longer seems sickened.
    R11T7: Ichibod's shots miss.

R12T8: Miss.
    R12T7: Miss.

R13T8: One of the fungus' tentacles overextend and causes some of the fibrous material to open and vital internal fluids to slowly seep out for 1.
    R13T7: Double shot for 11.

R13T8: Miss. Bleed 1.
    R13T7: One arrow for 8.

R14T8: Miss. Bleed 1.
    R14T7: Double shot, and the thing appears disabled.

Ichibod just watches the fluids seep out of it as it slowly slumps to the cavern floor.

Spoiler: I/S
    Show

Violet 3: 8. (0:44). 1 Bleed.
    Ichibod: 7.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Surprise Round ...

Having looked up at the same time as he recognized the threat, Teofilo is not surprised. Rezah, wary of the creatures that live in the protection of the dark, likewise has his wits about him.

Surprise-T19: Rezah, you see two spider-like creatures whose front legs end in immense, grasping claws. Its mouth sports a huge pair of vertical mandibles. One of these 5-foot-legspan monstrosities is speeding down the wall and right towards you, while the other is heading towards Hülya. What do you do?

Show
    Gek'k: 26. !!!
    Ichibod: 24. !!!
    Rezah: 19.
    Lilim: 18. !!!
    Solifugid 1: 12. >>> Gek'k.
    Teofilo: 11.
    Hülya: 10. !!!
    Dorit: 9. !!!
    Solifugid 2: 8. >>> Rezah.
    Solifugid 3: 6.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Surprise Round ...

Having looked up at the same time as he recognized the threat, Teofilo is not surprised. Rezah, wary of the creatures that live in the protection of the dark, likewise has his wits about him.

Surprise-T19: "Sarenrae, grant us your Light! Rezah beseeches his Goddess.

Surprise-T12: One of the creepies pounces at Gek'k, but actually manages to sprain one of its claws for 1 DEX. Phew.

Surprise-T11: Teofilo flies up in the air while taking out a wand, and casts shield on himself.

Surprise-T8: Rezah's opponent pounces and bites him in the helm for 8, and also claws him for 5. Luckily, that prayer spell helped bring down the damage, though the thing's ferocity carried it through the armor.

Surprise-T6: Then comes a third solifugid Rezah didn't see that charges the celestial commander. Her protections and Rezah's spell means only one claws gets through (L-lower arm) for 4.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round 1 ...

R1T26: Gek'k. You have a Nope right in front of you. What do you do?

Ichibod on deck, Rezah in the hole ...

Show
    Prayer on party will last til end R5T19.
    * Boon = +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks.
    * Bane = -1 luck bonus to same rolls for the enemy.
    Gek'k: 26.
    Ichibod: 24.
    Lilim: 18.
    Solifugid 1: 12. >>> Gek'k. 1 DEX damage 13 (12).
    Teofilo: 11. Shield til end R10T11.
    Hülya: 10.
    Solifugid 3: 6. >>> Hülya
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114

R1T26: Gek'k lets out a battle cry that could, to those who might be listening for that sort of thing, sound like the frightened squeal of some small animal about to be eaten.

He then tries to punch the everloving hell out of that thing before him.

"NopenopenopenopeNOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE! KILLITWITHFIRE!"

He triple-punches it, his hand flaring once with flame, and doing a hefty 25 and 3 fire and it begins to bleed from the second two punches that landed on the same spot, bug guts slowly spilling out.

R1T24: "One scorching ray, coming up!" calls Ichibod. He casts his spell at the one attacking Hülya, and somehow Fire-Arrow misses.

R1T19: Rezah, what do you do, engaged with your own horrible beast as you are?

The next enemy on deck with be solifugid #1 ... the one that has been pounded, sprained, and bleeding.

Show
    * Boon = +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks.
    Solifugid 1: 12. (36:64, DEX 13 [12], 1d4 bleed). Gek'k.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

R1T19: Rezah briefly clutches his wounds and they immediately begin to disappear (6). He then strikes out at the Nope in front of him with his trusted blade, but only barely manages to hit the thing, though the prayer helps it do a little more for 3.

The next enemy on deck with be solifugid #1 ... the one that has been pounded, sprained, and bleeding.

R1T18: Lilim? Your lady is in trouble. What do you do?

Show
    Solifugid 1: 12. (36:64, DEX 13 [12], 1d4 bleed). Gek'k.
    Solifugid 2: 8. (61:64). Rezah.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

R1T18: As a Blackjacket, unless otherwise stated Lilim is always next to her charge. Lilim does not back away from but concentrates and then lets loose with an arc of acid to cover the Nope-ifugid on Hülya. The monster easily sidesteps so only some of the acid splashes on it for 9, but that still is quite a shock.

R1T12: Gek'k's opponent has an opening in its carapace with ichor oozing out for 3 bleed. It snaps and slashes at Gek'k, but the grippli manages to get out of the way as much by abject terror as his monastic training.

R1T11: Teofilo merely floats above the battle out of the way, observing the goings-on like any dispassionate, reportorial PFS chronicler(-to-be).

R1T10: Backed up against the broken statue, and with nowhere to go that the creature could not reach, Hülya has to concentrate carefully has she plays, but she her beautiful playing on Evren-Tutku creates a total of 2 images that blur in and out of her position until her real form is unidentifiable in its placement.

R1T9: Dorit freaks out, and then moves over to attack the one on Rezah. She is currently panicking, er, raging with full power. She slams it for 18 with Inge Daygrabber.

R1T8-6: The same Nope bites and slashes at the two heavily armored warriors in futility. The one facing the girls bites at Hülya and only gets an image. A claw crits Lilim in the chest for 7 mod, but Lilim immediately posts defensive posture to block the second claw.

R2T26: Gek'k, what do you do?

Ichibod on deck, Rezah in the hole ....

Show
    Rezah: 19. S-2.
    Lilim: 18. S-3.
    Solifugid 1: 12. (33:64, DEX 13 [12], 1d4 bleed). Gek'k.
    Hülya: 10. Mirror image (1).
    Dorit: 9. S-2. Raging/ PA.
    Solifugid 2: 8. (43:64). Rezah/ Dorit.
    Solifugid 3: 6. (55:64). Hülya/ Lilim.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

R2T26: Gek'k, focused entirely on the foe before him, strikes out yet again, reserving his monastic energies for this assault. He still utilizes the deep breathing technique afforded by his bodywrap for his first strike, though, hitting twice for a total of 17.

R2T24: Ichibod doesn't say anything this time, and just casts magic missile at the same so there's no chance of missing. Three arcane bolts strike the Nope for 9 force.

R2T19: Rezah, what do you do?

Lilim on deck, Gek'k's opponent in the hole ...

Show
    Solifugid 1: 12. (16:64, DEX 13 [12], 1d4 bleed). Gek'k.
    Solifugid 2: 8. (34:64). Rezah/ Dorit.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

R2T19: Rezah makes a fine slice on his opponent for 6.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tickle has a job interview .... Good luck, buddy! ... and has asked me to take over his character(s) until after that.

R2T18: Lilim, you and your charge are fighting one, and she only has one image left. You know that is a power from her flute she can only use once a day. What do you do?

Gek'k's oozing and whoozing opponent on deck, Teofilo in the hole ...

Show
    Solifugid 2: 8. (28:64). Rezah/ Dorit.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

R2T18: "Mistress, withdraw, and I'll keep its attention focused on me!"

Lilim slams her forehead down onto the monster, and then brings herself back with her claws coming up in an vertical arc. She thuds her head a little painfully on the monster's carapace, but not enough to really sting or anything. Her first claw carves for 8, though the second grazes along the outside.

R2T12: Gek'k's , though dripping for 3 bleed, manages to score a claw on the little guy for 7 (max) in her L shoulder.

R2T11: Teofilo observes ...

R2T10: Hülya, trusting her friend, withdraws.

R2T9: Dorit slams it with her shield for 8.

R2T8-6: A Nope goes full force at Dorit and fails. The other slashes Lilim along her L tricep for 1 mod.

R3T26: Gek'k?

Ichibod on deck, Rezah in the hole ...

Show
    Solifugid 2: 8. (20:64). Rezah/ Dorit.
    Solifugid 3: 6. (47:64). Lilim.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

R3T26: Gek'k strikes again and again, wishing more than anything to reduce this chittering mass of NOPE into it's base components, which seem to comprise of chittering, bubbling masses of slimy nope. Its exoskeleton is cracked and goopy in many parts, but poor base instinct drives it ...

R3T24: Ichibod sends a bolt of arcane energy to each of the Nopes. One hits Gek'k's for 3 force, and that thing is STILL standing. The others hit for 2 force (Rezah's) and 5 force (Lilim's).

R3T19: A textbook crit by Rezah does 12, and Dorit can probably finish hers off.

R3T18: Lilim is up.

The gooey Nope is on deck, with Teofilo in the hole ...

Show
    Solifugid 1: 12. (1:64, DEX 13 [12], 1d4 bleed). Gek'k.
    Solifugid 2: 8. (6:64). Rezah/ Dorit.
    Solifugid 3: 6. (42:64). Lilim.
    Show