Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Marvel Exiles - eXiles IC

Where did all this fog come from. Where am I? Whats that thing with the glowing eyes in the fog? All viable questions that you ask yourselves at your sudden change of scenery.

You are definitely not where you were just moments before. The ground is all mushy for one. The entire scenery looks like a stereotypic spooky marsh from an old B-movie, complete with a large pond right next to where you are.

And then theres the afforementioned thing with glowy eyes, at least you think thats what it is in the first moments as you take in the environment. Once you look closer though, it appears to be a VW Bus.

Then there are the people around you. Some you think you remember from somwhere, maybe. The feeling is tenuous at best and does nothing to alleviate the strangeness of the situation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Iron-Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assume you are in the bus right now.
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Marvel Exiles - eXiles IC

Alex took in the situation, her normal calm detachment enough to keep her from being really confused by her surroundings. Well. Whatever this is has to be better than that party. It was really getting boring. She shrugged, and pushed her hair back behind her shoulder.

Looking around, She paid closer attention to the figures around her, taking in their features to catalog--she might have a use for their faces later, after all.
    There was a fairly large man, a girl with a darker vibe in her fashion, and another girl in the bus. She took a few steps closer to get a better look, and stopped once she got saw her--the girl in the bus was very attractive to a part of her. She's worth the trip, in more ways than one, even if nothing else exciting happens. She thought to herself

Alex smiled and waved at the girl in the bus, and said aloud, "Hey, there! Any of you guys know where we are, or how we got here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by tbergman92; 2013-07-19 at 01:11 AM.
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Mary's sudden change in scenery provoked a predictable reaction; in an instant she had a knife in her hand. After a few tense moments, it became clear there wasn't any immediate threat here, wherever 'here' was. She tried to centre herself with some exercises from the hospital. Deep breathing, micromeditation, self-diagnosis. It was possible she was having some kind of delusional breakdown. Her hand went to the pocket where she kept her meds. They were still there, and as far as she could remember she'd been taking them as scheduled. Her thoughts were a little too ordered and self-aware, too. This was reality, or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Now she just had to take it one step at a time.

She put away the knife, and looked around the surrounding area. People, and a Volkswagen for some reason? She approached the two in the van. "I was honestly hoping you could answer that."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

No... Everyone...
    Butterball slumps to the ground as he arrives, not even noticing the marsh beneath him, he stays like that for a moment before he realises he isn't at Avengers Academy, isn't being held helpless by Hybrid as it kills his friends.
    Finally realising he is kneeling in a swamp, he activates his boots and floats up, hovering just above the ground and heads towards the lights, thinking that maybe they could tell him where he is, and how he can get back to the Academy, or at least to some heroes that may be able to stop the beast there.

"I was wondering the same thing, I need to get back, my friends are getting slaughtered."

Spoiler
    Show

Current Appearance:

Like that, but an inch taller and 20 pounds lighter, also with Rocket Boots.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh ****. As the warp-drive powers down, Dana rolls the window down, coughing. And...well, rolls all the windows down, and opens the back doors. Letting the steam roll away. "Aw, jeebs...daddy's gonna be cheesed if I ended up in some cheesy cartoon flick..." She looks around, jumping back in the driver's seat. Pulling off her coat, leaving her in a black tank-top, and cargo pants, along with some (formerly) white sneakers. The tank-top is thick, though, and padded - ballistic armor. "Alright...systems, nominal...cripes, didn't check oxygen levels, could've choked and died..." Muttering to herself. "Dark atmosphere...aha!" She flicks on the headlights. "There we go! Doesn't look like anyone's around." Dana goes under the wheel, checking wires. "Didn't fry anything...we're good to drive! WoohACK" *wham!* She slams her head on the steering wheel. Rubbing furiously, as she sits back in the seat. "Son of a biscuit-mangling..."

Woah! Yikes! People! She stares, until one of them addresses her. Two girls...and a big guy. Holy...he'd break the bus if she ran into him. She waggles her fingers sheepishly, putting her head out the window. "Oh! Hi! I may or may not have been screwing with dimensional boundaries. Any and all side effects of being ripped from your home dimensions are not accountable under company policy, or general all-around shenanigans on my part. If it helps, though, I'm really really sorry." Ahem. "Dana Stark, genius inventor and all-around awesome gal. Nice to meetcha!" The reactor in her chest is shining on her chest, above her shirtline, so if there was any doubt to who she's related to...not to mention the red gauntlets she's wearing.
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-07-19 at 12:53 PM.
    Avatar done by gurgleflep(<3). Ye Gallery Of Olde Avatars

6. - Top - End - #6

BardGuy

"Alex Darkholme. Pleased to meet you as well, Dana." Alex's expression didn't reveal anything, though her eyes had an interested gleam as she walked by Dana, and began to circle around behind the bus.

This dress really isn't appropriate for the occasion...I'll have to do something about that. As Alex made her way behind the bus, and entered the cloud of steam exiting the rear of the vehicle, her clothing and skin seemed to ripple, changing from a cream colored dress into a pair of tight-fitting jeans and a white v-neck shirt. She paused for a moment, looked down at her outfit, and decided that it was more acceptable.

Making her way back to the front of the bus, Alex asked Dana, "So, did you make this?"
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Mary sticks her hands in her pockets and gave Dana a rather pointed look. "You're the reason we're here? Well, fix it."

8. - Top - End - #8

Dana's V-Dubya is the old model, refinished with a gleaming coat in silver and red. She rubs her neck sheepishly, opening the door and stepping out. "I restored it, yeah. And dimension-hopping isn't an exact science, y'know! There's physics involved, and energy, and all kinds of stuff." Eheheh. "We'd physically have to keep jumping until we found the right universe. And I wouldn't even know the classification of each - since this is relatively new technology." Shrug. "Sooooo...I dunno. I've got snacks if anyone's hungry. I can try to get the generator up and running, but it's gotta cool for a while."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-07-19 at 02:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Darkholme
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your eyes being able to easily pierce through the fog as if it was not even there, you notice a figure, clad in a brown and shoddily made hooded robe approaching through the bog. It moves at a moderate pace, though you can not see the typical wobble one would attribute to walking on foot.
    Almost reflexively, your sense for what may come attempts to gauge the figure by its probable actions ... but fails. While you can clearly see it, there is literally nothing to your precognition.
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2013-07-19 at 05:32 PM.

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

10. - Top - End - #10

BardGuy

That's interesting... Alex thought as she saw the figure coming towards them, No precog, and it's not really walking. Perhaps I should inform the others.

Alex walked a little closer to the others, careful to keep an eye on the approaching figure, and spoke softly to them. "Hey, guys, there's someone else coming this way." She indicated with her eyes where the person was coming from, and then stepped back again, waiting for the figure to get closer.
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #11

Dana turns to look, but...doesn't see anything. "I will be right back." She hops back into the V-Dubya, climbing into the back. Alright. Snacks, no...drinks, no...here we go. She pulls out a box, taking the latches and twisting. Unfolding it, and applying it to her chest. The machinery does its thing, expanding across her form and coating her in armor plating. Her suit. She kicks off her shoes before it gets that far, letting the boots form around her feet. The whole thing has a protective, symbiotic inner-coating, disregarding the need for a separate suit - a miracle of medical technology.

And one that enhances her own implants well.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterball looks around
    "I don't see anyone, have you got some sort of sight powers or something?"

Just in case something does come out of the heavy fog, he gets ready to do a flying charge in its general direction.
    Show

Former Characters

13. - Top - End - #13

BardGuy

'You know, it's impolite to ask a lady what her powers are." Alex said coyly. More seriously, she continued. "In answer to your question, though, I do have improved vision of a sort, anyway."
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The mist thins as the being advances. Soon it comes into everyone's sight. Whatever it is appears humanoid, at least that is what the cloak implies. Due to the hood and long sleeves nothing specific can be glimpsed. The cloak itself reaches beneath the water's surface as the being glides forward seemingly unimpeded.

The otherwordliness of the situation and his ingrained sense for the protection of others, causes Butterball to take the offense as a means of protection. Gaining speed, he executes a flying open-palm thrust against what might be the sternum of the being.
    The attack is far more graceful than one would expect. An efficient usage of speed, power and mass. And it is utterly ineffective.

Butterbal simply flies through the being, but with enough sense to to a swift roll while still in midair and planting his feet about six inches deep into the mud upon contact with it.

Meanwhile the being first slows then stops, turning around halway, its hooded head directed at the indestructible hero.

@ Iron Girl
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Suit analyses the movements of the cloaked figure. Its conclusion is that there is nothing beneath the cloak that causes the movement, but rather that it is the cloak itself that moves.
    Its tracking system on the other hand seems to be on the fritz. It detects effectively nothing aside the being's current position. No waves in the water from its movements, not even air displacement.
    Changing to Infrared you can make it out easily though. It is a mess of rapidly changing diffuse hot and cold spots. The diffuse nature most likely due to muting by the cloak's material.

@ Mary
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is nuts. Your attunement to the powers of the mind is going crazy. You get both the feeling of utter nothingness and overwhelming pressure. But for the brief moment that Butterball intersected the being's space it was like basking in the warm glow of a hundred suns.

@ Butterball
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this didn't work. At least your training rescued you from belly-flopping into the bog. Now what to try n -OUCH-
    Instinctively you had clenched your hand, only to feel a sudden burn. Opening it you can see a small bead of blue light barely half an inch across. You bring it closer to your eyes and only your training and general experience with weird stuff stops your jaws from falling open. Right there in your hand is a tiny blue sun, with tiny solar flares erupting and falling back into it.
    A chuckle fills your mind, but it is not yours. Looking up you can see the being 'looking' directly at you.
    'A valiant effort, well intentioned, but unnecessary.'

The being's 'head' swivels around to the others. And you can finally hear it speak.

"Welcome, future saviors of the Multiverse."
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2013-07-21 at 12:59 PM.

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"It... It hurt me... How in the world did you do that? Nothing can hurt me"
    Confused and worried about his apparent vulnerability, it takes a moment for the insubstantial man's words to sink in.

"Wait, what? I couldn't even save my friends, how am I meant to save the Multiverse?"
    Show

Former Characters

16. - Top - End - #16

Coming back out of the vehicle, now in her armor, she appraises the being. Watching the hit by Butterball. "...well, groovy." Her voice comes out tinny, from the suit. "What I want to know is who you, specifically, are. You're definitely some form of spacial entity - I'm pretty sure there's a galaxy under that cloak. Multiple. Changing constantly." Something tugs at her mind. "...but the only entity of that scale I know of is Galactus."
    Last edited by Theprettiestorc; 2013-07-22 at 04:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BardGuy

Savior of the multiverse, huh? Alex mulled it over in her head I like the way that sounds.

Aloud, she asked the cloaked being, "I second that question. Who are you? And just as importantly, where are we, and how did we get here?"
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

When Butterball charged, Mary drew a half-dozen knives from inside her jacket. They hung in the air, floating around her head like a slightly blasphemous old-school halo. But from the way her abilities were screeching warnings at her, and what the inventor girl said, sharp edges would not make a difference. So she just said, in reply to the figure but mostly to herself, "This is going to end badly."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nothing quite so brutish, I assure you."

You could swear there is some chuckle buried in that sentence.

"Merely a representation within a construct, embedded in fractal space. Though I have to admit, I like this form. It has a certain flair."

The figure then looks around for a moment.

"Still, this is no place for this meeting. Allow me."

Space flows for a moment as the bog is replaced with a large circular marble area. It is circled by marble pillars but is otherwise featurelss. Beyond the pillars you can still see the fog and it is likely that the bog lies there as well.

"I had intended for you to arrive here, but had underestimated the sofistication of a certain someone's dimensional technology."

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

20. - Top - End - #20

"It's not that sophisticated. I just calibrated an old portable Arc-Generator to account for a number of particles about, wired it into the Party-Bus..." She stops herself there. "...fractal space. Not sub-space, normal space, or phase-space...we're in a gap." Presumably one where this...thingerbobber controls. Or makes. Or whatnot.

21. - Top - End - #21

BardGuy

Alex stood there, obviously waiting for the being to continue.
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Mary kept silent as well, but casually tried to get a more detailed read on her surroundings. If they were going to get jumped around like that, it was important that she kept her bearings.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Butterball waits in silence, partially because he is interested in what the man has to say, but mostly trying to figure out if he still has his powers, so he pinches himself a few times.
    Show

Former Characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not a gap. More of a malleable-"

In the middle of the sentence, the being stops. As silence starts spanning entire seconds, tension rises, only to come to a breaking point as the being seemingly comes to one as well.

Its cloak breaks in the same manner that glass would, You are about to ask what is happening, as the ground starts shifting its structure. From the edge of the circular area, marble becomes gold and you can see the distant crippled trees in the fog disappear as the area suddenly appears far better illuminated.

A quick look up reveals the reason to be a giant red nova hanging in the sky. Rapidly becoming smaller as it approaches, but not fast enough. In the blink of an eye you are engulfed, but there is no pain that you can feel, or damage done to the surroundings that you can determine.

But a moment later, the light recedes into the direction that the being had stood before this event. Looking towards it, two newcomers are clearly visible as outlines, somewhat hard to make out due to the light emitted by the being. No longer clad in a raggy cloak, the light consolidates into a magnificent set of golden halfplate armor. The last bit of light becoming a fixed sun in the 'forehead' of what you all can now clearly see is a humanoid being appearing to be made of a darkness that holds hundreds of tiny stars and miniature galaxies.

The two new arrivals look around, seeingly confused as the newly reworked entity speaks.

"This is unexpected."
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2013-07-29 at 05:27 PM.

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

25. - Top - End - #25

BardGuy

Alex took in the spectacle, reacting only as the three figures were clearly in view again. Ah, this could be useful...

So thinking, Alex quickly stored their appearances in her memory--just in case, of course. She lingered for some time, studying the appearance of the being that had brought them here--though unsure if she could properly recreate it, she wanted to have a good image of it, just in case.

"As far as I'm concerned, this whole day is unexpected. she cracked, smiling slightly. "Who are these two, and what happened?"
    I'll be sober tomorrow.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll leave their introductions to themselves." the now gold-clad figure pronounces.

"As for what has happened. It would appear that another me experienced a critical reality failure."

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Goblin

One of the unexpected guests raised up, trying to clear her suit from any dirt she might have get on it during the fall.
    She was tall, and had quite muscular, but still very attractive physique. It was body of a fighter, and so were the ways she stood and moved.
    "Unexpected?" She says, looking around, examining everybody. "My day started with some old superhero blowing up the planet, then me meeting brat claiming to be Loki and Thanos him-f***ing-self, then everything blowing up again and me appearing here. Unexpected? That's goddamn Avengers business right here."
    She speaks in angry and very cold tone, but quickly calms down. "Okay, lets try this again. Molly Hayes, mayor of Los Angeles. Looking for somebody to explain where I am, how did I got there and how I'll get back home." She then looks at other person who arrived with her, with a clear dissaproval. "And this one claims to be Loki."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait... I've met a Molly Hayes, she was only about 10, and that wasn't very long ago and I could have sworn Loki was a bit older, and a man, what is going on here?"

More confused than ever, Butterball lands on top of the van and sits down while he tries to figure out what is going on
    Show

Former Characters

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"The answer to your question is simple yet complex. You were all taken from your own worlds at times when you would have left them anyway within seconds, wether that would have been by death or travel, by yourself or by force."

The figure sweeps its hands in an encompassing motion towards you.

"You were to be brought together in order to ascertain your willingness to help the very nature of existence, mostly in relation to humanity due to morphic advantages."

. /l 、
    (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

30. - Top - End - #30

Ooo! Dana raises her hand. "...wait a second! Does that mean I'm the only one who actually left willingly? I mean, that's some serious cred right there." She looks back at the VW. "I'm all up for having some fun, really. And there should be enough room for everyone."