Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Fire damage needs some love. Also, who wouldn't want to be able to kill a fire elemental with fire?

    Aura of Inherent Combustibility
    Transmutation [Fire]
    Level: Sorc/Wiz 5, Warmage 5, Wu Jen 5
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Personal
    Area: 60-ft.-radius emanation centered on you
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: Yes; see text.

    A faint, almost imperceptible red light bathes the area around you finish casting this spell. The temperature seems to rise a tiny bit and everything feels slightly warmer to the touch...

    Everything within the spell's radius becomes flammable. Everything. This includes things such as water, metal and any tangible objects normally nonflammable. All creatures and objects within the area have any fire resistance and/or immunity from any source suppressed and gain vulnerability to fire. Objects within the area take full damage from fire, although hardness does still apply. The caster is immune to these effects.

    A creature with the fire subtype may apply their spell resistance to this effect.

    However, you may not use this spell to burn abstract concepts or game mechanics. Artifacts and deities are unaffected by mortal magic such as this.

    Material Components: A dry piece of wood or similarly flammable object.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-09-14 at 02:59 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Fire damage needs some love. Also, who wouldn't want to be able to kill a fire elemental with fire?
    Searing Spell exists!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Everything within the spell's radius becomes flammable. Everything. This includes water, metal, everything. Even plotanium.

    [...]

    You may not use this spell to burn abstract concepts or game constructs.
    DOES NOT COMPUTE.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    Searing Spell exists!
    Quiet, you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    DOES NOT COMPUTE.
    Abstract concepts and game constructs mechanics are not "things" in the sense of a D&D world. Changed around wording slightly to reflect this.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Abstract concepts and game constructs mechanics are not "things" in the sense of a D&D world. Changed around wording slightly to reflect this.
    Alright, fine, in that case I demand an upgraded version that will allow me to burn things that don't exist.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    Alright, fine, in that case I demand an upgraded version that will allow me to burn things that don't exist.
    Hm... I might add in a spell called "Aura of Abstract Combustibility" later... it'll definitely be 9th though.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Hm... I might add in a spell called "Aura of Abstract Combustibility" later... it'll definitely be 9th though.
    Nah, should be an epic spell. It's how all of the good ones work anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" Use of gray may indicate nitpicking Green is sincerity

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    Nah, should be an epic spell. It's how all of the good ones work anyway.
    True, true. Would need lots of ad hoc modifiers though.

    What think you on this spell though?
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dark Elf Bard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    sad

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    I ****ing love it. 9th or higher level would be good.

    Will it make the AIR flammable?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.


    guess what I was gone but now I'm back

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    I ****ing love it. 9th or higher level would be good.

    Will it make the AIR flammable?
    The current version or the planned one that lets you burn abstract concepts?

    I was originally going to say yes, but then I realized that doing so would make the spell just be "use fire, have raging inferno of 60' radius". So no, air does not count per se. I should add something to this effect...

    EDIT: Although technically air is flammable already. Fire consumes oxygen, yes?
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2013-07-19 at 11:53 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    EDIT: Although technically air is flammable already. Fire consumes oxygen, yes?
    Only in the loose sense; fire is a type of rapid oxidation, and oxygen itself cannot generally be oxidized. You can't, for example, take gaseous O2 and burn it with itself to release heat; it already is as burned as it will get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" Use of gray may indicate nitpicking Green is sincerity

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    The spell is potentially useful because you can burn something hard, and it will not go out as long as it is flammable. 5th level is kind of high for a torch, however.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Just to Browse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    This spell is interesting.

    First off, macguffins are no longer safe. If somebody is trying to transport a magic item, interceptors just need one suicide bomber with this cast, and then a lot of fireballs. I find that a toxic to gameplay, since it really doesn't seem like there's any way to avoid it. Perhaps exempt covered objects and artifacts.

    Secondly, your allies hate you, because the terrible and unyielding FIRE OF DEATH does not exclude them. That has its benefits and detriments.

    Thirdly, this plus fireballing yourself is a great death throe.

    Fourth, I really like the tactical aspect. Fireball becomes a useful tactic, but it can't be used as a sniper weapon since you need to have your enemies in the aura. Of course, being within a 60' range means you're in charging/stabbing distance. It's an interesting tactic--I would be willing to play a sandbagged fire evoker with this spell.

    My biggest qualms is that this spell is level 5. It's definitely appropriate to its level, because it has such amazing utility (BURN EVERYTHING), but I'd like to see a lower-level one usable for creatures, or a single-target version that lets you play the way you would with solarbeam in pokemon (sunny day -> SOLARBEAM -> SOLARBEAM -> SOLARBEAM)
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Snowbluff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    This spell is interesting.

    First off, macguffins are no longer safe. If somebody is trying to transport a magic item, interceptors just need one suicide bomber with this cast, and then a lot of fireballs. I find that a toxic to gameplay, since it really doesn't seem like there's any way to avoid it. Perhaps exempt covered objects and artifacts.
    Did you read the spell? Hardness still applies. The object would be on fire, but not taking damage.
    Secondly, your allies hate you, because the terrible and unyielding FIRE OF DEATH does not exclude them. That has its benefits and detriments.

    Thirdly, this plus fireballing yourself is a great death throe.
    It would only add the 1d6 damage of being on fire.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Hm... I might add in a spell called "Aura of Abstract Combustibility" later... it'll definitely be 9th though.
    See, that just makes breaking your DM's game a little more direct. Rather than destroying his railroads and annihilating his campaign setting, you just cast this spell, reach over, and set his campaign notes on fire.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    The spell is potentially useful because you can burn something hard, and it will not go out as long as it is flammable. 5th level is kind of high for a torch, however.
    Also lets you hurt everything with fire damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    This spell is interesting.

    First off, macguffins are no longer safe. If somebody is trying to transport a magic item, interceptors just need one suicide bomber with this cast, and then a lot of fireballs. I find that a toxic to gameplay, since it really doesn't seem like there's any way to avoid it. Perhaps exempt covered objects and artifacts.
    Covered objects are already exempt due to line of effect rules. If an artifact doesn't have enough hardness to resist fire, it doesn't deserve to survive. Besides, you can't use AoE to hit worn items, and targeting worn items is rather difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    Secondly, your allies hate you, because the terrible and unyielding FIRE OF DEATH does not exclude them. That has its benefits and detriments.
    Hm... wait, what fire of death? Unless you specifically set your allies on fire, they won't be on fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    Thirdly, this plus fireballing yourself is a great death throe.
    You're immune to the effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    My biggest qualms is that this spell is level 5. It's definitely appropriate to its level, because it has such amazing utility (BURN EVERYTHING), but I'd like to see a lower-level one usable for creatures, or a single-target version that lets you play the way you would with solarbeam in pokemon (sunny day -> SOLARBEAM -> SOLARBEAM -> SOLARBEAM)
    Possibly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    See, that just makes breaking your DM's game a little more direct. Rather than destroying his railroads and annihilating his campaign setting, you just cast this spell, reach over, and set his campaign notes on fire.
    The higher level version of this spell still won't let you burn game mechanics.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    So when you need to destroy the Super-dangerous Major Artifact of Doom, you don't have to go on a campaign deep into enemy territory to the one place where it can be destroyed...you just need a single 5th-level spell and a tindertwig?

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yitzi View Post
    So when you need to destroy the Super-dangerous Major Artifact of Doom, you don't have to go on a campaign deep into enemy territory to the one place where it can be destroyed...you just need a single 5th-level spell and a tindertwig?
    Whoops. I was going to put in a "excepting artifacts and deities" line in there earlier.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yitzi View Post
    So when you need to destroy the Super-dangerous Major Artifact of Doom, you don't have to go on a campaign deep into enemy territory to the one place where it can be destroyed...you just need a single 5th-level spell and a tindertwig?
    In all fairness, teleport is a fifth-level spell too.

    Also, as noted, hardness does still apply, though most artifacts don't seem to have unique hardness figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" Use of gray may indicate nitpicking Green is sincerity

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    In all fairness, teleport is a fifth-level spell too.

    Also, as noted, hardness does still apply, though most artifacts don't seem to have unique hardness figures.
    Some artifacts have a specific material they are made of. Some are books, and thus technically default to paper. "Oh, whoops, I accidentally dropped the Codex of the Infinite Planes into the lake... >.>"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    The higher level version of this spell still won't let you burn game mechanics.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Morcleon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in the void

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    *pat pat* You could always just bring a lighter.

    Disclaimer: I do not support or condone arson. At all. >.>
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lateral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hell's Heart

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    *pat pat* You could always just bring a lighter.

    Disclaimer: I do not support or condone arson. At all. >.>
    That's pretty much what I meant. And arson would not be out of character at all, anyway.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    In all fairness, teleport is a fifth-level spell too.
    And if you try to teleport into a place with enough magical energy to destroy a major artifact, you deserve what happens.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    the u.s
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    this could be cheesed so hard, with the elemental substitution metamagic

    Edit but it gets worse, if a party has two spellcasters under this effect who also have the explosive spell metamagic can bump an enemy between them
    without worry because its knocked prone too.
    so a pair of wizard rogue evocation fire specialists find some fire giants immune to fire sure but that dosnt matter they are hasted make tumble rolls succeed. so they are now flanking fire giant now the cheese begins ass the first fireball (quickened) and a second (explosive) bypass his resistance doing huge damage knocking him prone and away triggering an attack of opportunity from the other cheese monkey. rinse repeat
    Last edited by SolarEdge; 2013-07-21 at 01:04 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yitzi View Post
    And if you try to teleport into a place with enough magical energy to destroy a major artifact, you deserve what happens.
    What does happen? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

    Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" Use of gray may indicate nitpicking Green is sincerity

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by TuggyNE View Post
    What does happen? Inquiring minds want to know!
    The PHB says "Areas of strong physical or magical energy may make teleportation more hazardous or even impossible. " It's up to the DM what exactly that means.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Just to Browse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Covered objects are already exempt due to line of effect rules. If an artifact doesn't have enough hardness to resist fire, it doesn't deserve to survive. Besides, you can't use AoE to hit worn items, and targeting worn items is rather difficult.
    So... no artifacts deserve to survive? Seriously, the sword of kas with +10 total enhancement only has a hardness of 20 (equivalent of ER20) and 110 hit points. That can easily be done at level 9 by a party of four.

    And considering the items in this case are artifacts, they will most likely be in use. So again I request.

    Hm... wait, what fire of death? Unless you specifically set your allies on fire, they won't be on fire.
    The AoE in 60' emanation on you. So you need to be in the middle of the fight, and you need to cast fire spells near you. The good fire spells, other than orb, are AoE, so your allies will be like wtf mate.

    You're immune to the effect.
    Why would I waste precious character resources on something like immunity to fire if I want to kill things? That detracts from my character resources spent on killing things.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Really like this spell, it has a lot of uses. Gonna use it in my campaign!
    Something STRANGE going on here, guys. Its really ODD.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    The AoE in 60' emanation on you. So you need to be in the middle of the fight, and you need to cast fire spells near you. The good fire spells, other than orb, are AoE, so your allies will be like wtf mate.
    Or maybe your allies can use old-fashioned torches and fire arrows to set the enemy on fire.

    Why would I waste precious character resources on something like immunity to fire if I want to kill things? That detracts from my character resources spent on killing things.
    Because D&D isn't about killing things. D&D is about achieving the goals of the adventure (whatever those might be), often by killing things before they can kill you. If it takes you twice as long to kill the enemy, but can last three times as long against it (and the same is true of the rest of your party), that's a net advantage.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: [3.5e, Spell] BURN EVERYTHING!

    I like this spell, but:

    Why is this spell an evocation? You are altering and changing the physical properties of things. That is transmutation.

    Why personal emanation? So a caster can set fire to things that are next to him? I think this would be better as a area effect spell. And having a caster walking around all the time with this spell active would be too much.

    The spell has no save and no spell resistance? Um, why not? If it effects creatures, they should get both.

    Does this spell effect magic? Like spells? Does this spell alter the way spells work, changing fire protection into fire vulnerability? And magic items too?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •