A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Heaven's Exiles (Mercenary Guild)

To The Temple!!!
    Ellin Softfoot (Noreando)
    Percible Suarach (Endless Blue)
    1337 Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

GALI--

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Halfling in the Playground

Dougal awakens, retrieves some paper and a pen from a store room, and writes a notice, which he nails the the door of the guild. The note reads as follows:

Attention:

The Guildmaster has been unable to post for several days, and I am unsure as to when he will return. With Aesa suspended, this leaves me as the ranking Guild member. As such, I will be handling Guild business until such time as Gemini returns. Unlike Gemini, I can't be everywhere at once, but I will do my best to be available. Thank you.

~Dougal

Satisfied, he sits down in a pew.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Scott82 View Post
    ...From an in character perspective, being one who knows they're about to face emminant demise, it makes every bit of sense to pursue the course of greatest power...To not try to make your character as effective as possible within the confines of the rules and the characters background, and surrounding environment is to be decidely out of character.

Credit to Ceika for the awesome avatar (which happens to be Norril, my Nomad).

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Banned

Gemini walks in, with a wise look on his face. "Greetings, Dougal. I have something very important to tell you.....I am going to leave, I might not be back.....I might....but I will tell you this....you are in charge of the guild for now.....do not come and search for me.....good day." Gemini walks out.

4. - Top - End - #1024

Dougal lurches up. "Hey, wait, where are you going? Sir? You... At least edit the first page to include my announcement, then!"
    Spoiler
    Show

...From an in character perspective, being one who knows they're about to face emminant demise, it makes every bit of sense to pursue the course of greatest power...To not try to make your character as effective as possible within the confines of the rules and the characters background, and surrounding environment is to be decidely out of character.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Banned

((I already did.))

6. - Top - End - #1026

((Oh, I see. All right, then. Wait, no you didn't...))
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Banned

((You should be more careful.))

8. - Top - End - #1028

Dougal sighs and heads out the door to town. I haven't got a doppleganger like Gemini's. I need a way of contacting people...
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Banned

((Remember you can still take jobs and you can assign people. You are now the temporary guildmaster. Also, try going down to the omnishop, they have stuff.))

10. - Top - End - #1030

((That'd be where Dougal's headed.))
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Banned

((gotcha.))

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Dwarf in the Playground

Randall bursts into the building storming his way across the room to a chair. "Do you know how long I stood there? At least a week! A WEEK! GAH! I could care less about that guy and his crazy brother, I am not spending another moment with that man." He sits and folds his arms, grumbling.

Spoiler: My Characters
    Show

Ivridda Stonefinder, cartographer and diviner
    Rhovarax "Paxan" Beerbelly, world class tavern brawler
    Gundahar, simple farmer gone berserk

13. - Top - End - #1033

Dougal walks into the guild. He sits himself down at the desk in the main office. This is weird. With Gemini gone, though... Someone has to man the fort.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Pixie in the Playground

A frazzled looking man in clerical robes runs up towards Heaven's Exiles, craddling a package under his cloak. He is wearing a silver necklace with a triskadecacle pendant dangling with his strides.

Upon entering the building, he steps up towards the main office, closes the door and addresses Dougal. "Hello, Sir Gemini, my name is Evan, I am the high priest at the Temple of Jonnadiah. I have a note for you from the Lord himself. Since you are the guild master here (and if you are not, then you are recieving this note anyway, as his lordship has given me many other tasks to complete and I would like to finish those before sundown if at all possible.)"

Evan removes from his robes a stack of a dozen or so scrolls, sifts through them, pulls out the largest in the stack and hands it to Dougal.

"I bid you a fare evening." He says with a little bow as we walks out of the guild.

Spoiler
    Show

As you open the scroll, you note it is embraizoned with a seal resembling Jonnadiah's Triskadecacle, although it is 16 pointed and each end meets a different alchemical symbol. Encircling the graphic are weird symbols from an ancient language that you can't make heads or tails of (unless you have ranks in Desypher Script in which case PM that to me)

The letter reads, in very curt, small print:

"Greetings Gemini and ALL of the Heaven's Exciles Guild!

It has come to my attention that you have been hired by a one Lord Iames to come hunt me and my associate Aloysius. I have sent a few mooks of mine to spy on your guild (my humblest apologies for this) and it has come to my attention that you are all a guild of athiests and/or those who have been excommunicated from their churches.

Now, that's all well and dandy, I for one hate organized religion with a passion. Yes, yes I know, I'm a GOD with a drove of loyal supporters, how could a self centered schmuck possibly not love that? Well, that's not for you to know, tough cookies.

Alas, I digress, the reason I'm writing you is to propose you this. You have been hired by Lord Iames, a GOD with FOLLOWERS. You have fallen victim of the very situation you tried to escape by banding together in the first place. Now, I know you are saying "No! I was hired by the police!" well, no, that's simply an elaborate lie established by Iames to get you to serve his needs before he tosses you aside like a rag.

Like you were tossed aside by your former gods.

Besides, even if Iames has left the force, he has merely given his whore Verdandi the power. Anyone who is sleeping with a God is worse than a God himself. You were right to get rid of Verdandi's depressed bitch of a sister as well, she merely served Iames as a peg to keep you in line. What kind of relationship is THAT if you can't be trusted without one of your high ranking officers being in bed with your client?

My proposal is simple. Near 4 millinia ago, my home town was destroyed by a large following of some ass Nature God. It has become my life's work to overthrow all deities and their followers in payment for this. Imagine a Town without over zealous clerics, paladins and meddling Gods like Iames or Kyrian. A Town where logic and technology reign supreme over magic and blind faith. A Town where you'd no longer be exiles, but heros. This has been my goal, my reason for attacking, my reason for being.

What's in it for you? Well, after I take over this hellhole I'd imagine that I can pull a few strings and maybe, just maybe, establish Heaven's Exiles as the primary law enforcement body in Town. You'd have power, fame, respect, oh and money, lots and lots of money.

Please, all I ask is that you consider my proposal, I can be found in my temple. Adieu

~Jonnadiah.

P.S. Everyone of my mook followers will be murdered at the end of this campaign. I may an evil god, but I'm far from a hypocrite."
    Ellin Softfoot (Noreando)
    Percible Suarach (Endless Blue)
    1337 Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

GALI--

15. - Top - End - #1035

Dougal ponders the note. I wonder how the guildmaster will take this... Jonnadiah courting the guild's favor...?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Dwarf in the Playground

Randall walks up to Dougal and snatches the note from him, "What do we have here?" He begins reading it over.

Kethemar enters the building through the ceiling and goes to take a seat, waving at dougal as he flys by.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1037

Dougal glares at Randall. "You'll give that back, now. Lest you forget, I'm the ranking officer of this guild at the moment." He motions to Kethemar. "Hey, Kethemar. You aught to read this, I think."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Dwarf in the Playground

Randall glares back at Dougal, "You will get it back when I'm done reading it, geeze..." He reads it over once, then hands it back, shurgging and taking a seat.

Kethemar stands and approaches Dougal, "Yes?"

Show

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Pixie in the Playground

An incorporeal figure appears in front of Dougal.

"What's the hassle?"
    Last edited by Admiral One; 2007-01-20 at 08:38 PM.
    Come to Trog's!
    ------------------------
    "Those who cling to life die, and those who defy death live."
    -Uesugi Kenshin

20. - Top - End - #1040

Dougal hands the note to Kethemar and then addresses the figure. "We've been sent a proposal by Jonnadiah, that rogue God who's been causing havoc recently. He's looking for our help, believe it or not."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kethemar raises an eyebrow, taking the note from Dougal. "Interesting... What do you make of this?"

Show

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Pixie in the Playground

The figure tries to read over Kethemar's shoulder.

"That's a surprise. Hmm, he makes a good case. I hate it when people make good cases. Do you know what his alignment is?"
    Come to Trog's!
    ------------------------
    -Uesugi Kenshin

23. - Top - End - #1043

"I'm not sure, Kethemar. I mean, on the one hand, I'm no friend to the Gods. On the other, we've been commissioned to apprehend him and that associate of his did try to kill me..."

To the figure, he says, "Alignment? I'm not sure. Definitely nongood, though. His methods are... extreme, to say the least."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kethemar shrugs, "I personally can't really say much... I have yet to see much of them... I mean, I was in the temple for a few moments, but I didnt speak to either of em, just watched the crimson robed... Aloysius I think...fighting some other god... I think his name was Kyrian..."

Show

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, if he is evil, then my brother and I can always teach him a thing or two if you want, what with me being all holy and stuff. If you decide to join him, then my powers will be limited, as we will mainly be fighting good-aligned people."
    Come to Trog's!
    ------------------------
    -Uesugi Kenshin

26. - Top - End - #1046

"Aloysius... Jonnadiah may have a good point and a sound plan, but that one hasn't got anything on his mind but slaughter. Aloysius is clearly evil, I'd stake my life on that. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what the Guildmaster thinks. I'm not yet sure how he'll take it."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kethemar shrugs again, "Eh, if you say so..."

Show

28. - Top - End - #1048

((Zing... ^_^))
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Dwarf in the Playground

((??? heh ???))

Show

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Pixie in the Playground

"Name's Narcis, by the way. Deceased brother of Erdan Sar'Doc. Well, deceased in a very sudden way. I am afraid that I must return to my brother now. I will inform him about the recent events. Goodbye."
    Come to Trog's!
    ------------------------
    -Uesugi Kenshin