New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I must have spoke to your eldest then, and the youngest could only have been a few months old then at the time. Could have sworn he was four or five, maybe six. Oh wow. That's a long time since I was on MSN talking with Andre.
    And I know what you mean about time. It's scary to think about how long you've been a member of an internet forum, and that a lot of your friends are people you've never met, even when you've known them for longer than some of your real life friends. My sister was still in Primary when I joined!
    Indeed. Some of our best friends are people we've met here over the years. Some we've been lucky enough to meet in real life.

:smallgrimace: Must be a killer. Hope it all goes well. That said, how could you like wine? The only wine I can handle is a nice rose, tea is much more palatable. Still, to each her own, even if she's a coffee guzzling devotee who probably spends a lot of time hanging out with Trog.
    Not nearly enough Trog time. He lives just far enough away to make quick trips difficult. And life and schedules and stuff gets in the way all the time.

And yes, I am a coffee guzzling devotee. But I like my wine dry and red.

Blech. Dark chocolate is yucky, put white chocolate on the list. Much lovelier.
    I've always found white chocolate too sweet. The darker the better, in my book. Lindt has a lovely 85% Dark that is my current favorite!
    Spoiler
    Show

Except I forgot to put it on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    What about a steak salad?
    Yes. This is what I was saying.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I've always found white chocolate too sweet. The darker the better, in my book. Lindt has a lovely 85% Dark that is my current favorite!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with all of this.
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah yes, official meetup in 2010, the one where I just met Bath was 2009 then. That was another hot couple of days in summer too. It was eerie - one in the morning and it still felt like a spring day.
    I thought it was Bath and Kaela and possibly a third person?

True; but I'm not taking her with me, she hates a ten minute car trip. Mostly because it takes ten minutes to get her in the bleddy box - and that's an adventure and a half let me tell you. There's a fine line between terrorising, torture and murder, and after hours on the train she would be at the Bring About the End of the World stage of fury.
    Hence why I (or anyone else) would have to visit you to get the full DemonCat experience.

And that was distressing! Only thirty books! Thirty! That's less than a tenth of my library! I have . . . roughly four floor-to-ceiling bookcases worth of books. Probably more actually as most of the books in the house actually belong to me and everyone else just thinks they belong to Dad.
    We do have a camera now that doesn't tint everything blue, so maybe I'll show off the books.
    Oh, I remember the blue-tinted photos. Probably most of the forumites don't - now that's kind of a weird thing to prompt feelings of (forum) age.

Spoiler
    Show

I think my mum eats that stuff. Or, actually it might be the slightly less dark stuff she likes, but similar.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AllIHaveIsCrunk View Post
    Hey, would you folks say you're salad people or steak people?
    Neither, but if I must choose, I'll take the salad.
    Oh, hey! Consider yourself hugged.
    Yes! A new piece of AllIHaveIsCrunk propaganda!
    Actually yes, I'm staving off a violent bout of depression that caused by a lack of protein (somehow). But now that's sorted and I'm on top of the world again. I'm ready to go out and do things, I just need to correct my sleeping schedule.
    Ah! That is good!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: I witnessed the most epic rain I have seen in my life today in Manchester.
    Oo. Do you have any photos?

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

I played Pathfinder today!
    ...and not much else really. Bo-ring! Evening, Tai, Thufir, Dev, and anyone who is actually online now!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    ...and not much else really. Bo-ring! Evening, Tai, Thufir, Dev, and anyone who is actually online now!
    Oo, Pathfinder! Good evening, comrade.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, Pathfinder is pretty fun. Nice that I'm getting to play a bit when most of my campaigns save ours are being super slow. Super slow I say!

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, Pathfinder is pretty fun. Nice that I'm getting to play a bit when most of my campaigns save ours are being super slow. Super slow I say!
    That's an idea: the super slow campaign! Each turn takes weeks!

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

If you like the rain, ever tried rainymood.com? Very relaxing.

Normally it's just a persistent annoying rain, I think every day it rains somewhere in the UK - the current heat wave aside - every day.
    Normally the winds aren't too bad. If you're not living near the coast. Or if it's . . . well, it's usually not as windy in summer.
    But mostly though, I think it's because the UK's consistently damp. And wearing coats means wearing hoods, and that is just awful when it's both humid and rainy.
    Ah, Rainymood! I used to listen it to a lot when I was having trouble sleeping... Well, I still have trouble sleeping, but it surely helped. Hmh. Thank you for reminding me, fair maiden!

Glasgow seems to be always windy... Hrm. And yeah, I've learned to either have a jacket with me or simply not care, as it can rain rather randomly, or then it's just really drich all day erry day without any proper rain...

Yep. I think that the worst thing in Scotland has been the humidity. In the beginning of June it wasn't particularly hot, but it was just far too humid to stand anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

That would be horrible. HORRIBLE.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Colossus in the Playground

...I watched Para-Normen. Now watching it's "dueling movie", Frankenweenie.

The difference in quality is STAGGERING. Holy CRAP.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ...I watched Para-Normen. Now watching it's "dueling movie", Frankenweenie.

The difference in quality is STAGGERING. Holy CRAP.
    The second is that bad, then?

13. - Top - End - #493
    Bugbear in the Playground

It sounds like good fun to watch though. Thank you for the idea LaZodiac. I can wait and rewatch Star Wreck another day.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

14. - Top - End - #494

The second is that bad, then?
    I wouldn't say BAD, persay, just bad by comparision.

It's safe to say that Tim Burton's kind of a one trick pony, and Para-Normen tells a story with a lot more...subtle nuances.

Although the movie DID just make a Hello Kitty reference with one of the grave stones in the pet cemetery saying "Goodbye Kitty" with a Hello Kitty esque head on it with X eyes. But that's the first joke I'm supposed to laugh at that I did infact laugh at. I'm almost 30 minutes into it, I think, and that's a bad sign.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2013-07-28 at 07:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495

It has been a bad day. Good things were done. I dyed thread with tea and sewed pants. I served salad and steak. I grilled a fluffy candy after the steak was done. Still it has been a bad day. My words were gone in the face of no evil at all.

It is strange to see all you people that have met each other but do not talk here. I guess this is not the place to talk to people you are going to meet some day. That must be part of why we all are alone.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

That would be horrible. HORRIBLE.
    And amusing, to outsiders.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Pandora, why must you torment me?!? These bands are not at all like the others I have so faithfully liked and added to my station. Why must you now throw all these horrible, horrible songs and bands at me as though I am supposed to like them?

And why must you punish me by telling me that I have clicked "thumbs down" too many times in the last hour? The only reason I have to is because you are choosing crap!
    [/rant]
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    And amusing, to outsiders.
    I was going to make a joke, but then I realized that waiting a week for just a turn or two of action...is basically waiting for OOTS to update.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

I was going to make a joke, but then I realized that waiting a week for just a turn or two of action...is basically waiting for OOTS to update.
    Heh. OOTS has been updating faster now, though.

20. - Top - End - #500

So I'm back from my weekend at the lake with the guy I'm named for. Suffice it to say that fun times were had by all, and I may explode from overfooding. Also, I smell like a campfire.

Oh, and steak is way better than salad. I am a carnivore, not a rabbit.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, Amidus is doing music now? I'd love to do that, but I can't perform in front of people and I'm too much of a scatterbrain for learning an instrument.
    Have been, for a long time.

Well, it's not for everyone, for sure. Takes practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Oh, well, then you're obligated to go, aren't you, so you can be a chaperone and thus the first to bite it?

Good.

Well, there's the aforementioned fillies, but you're not interested in them anyway... Just a certain je ne sais quoi of psychic energy and the chance to end up being Leatherface yourself, I suppose.
    Heh, noooo.

They might be going on tuesday instead of saturday, in which case I'll actually be busy...

Hrm? Who ever said I wasn't interested? Ah, but I try to distribute my own psychic energy so it doesn't weigh me down. I've got enough as it is. Nay, no need to cut them up... Plus, at least one could probably outrun me.

Up till they're miserable people, aye.

Steel. Bone. These are the things that speak to me when it comes to Amidus' place of rest.

-snip; steak-
    Except for the very-recently-single people, I've yet to meet a single person that didn't enjoy themselves.

There is only one Conan.

Steak can be done well, Coid. Be not angry at a food's simplicity.

Easy for you to say...

Heh

According to my stalkings on Facebook Glasgow had some pretty cool thunderstorms not too long ago... I'm gutted that I missed it! I mean, honestly, we don't get rains like the UK does in Finland. It was amazing in Manchester to see how the streets got super flooded in like 10 seconds, and as Piccadilly has the glass roof or something, the sound of the rain was glorious as well. Gave a nice undertone to the music I was listening to.
    Heh

Spoiler
    Show

...>.>

I like both white and dark chocolate. They're tied for my favorite.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

About the only thing we've really got on you is cougars which are mostly confined to certain bars and a narrow strip of the Western U.S. and bears, which aside from Grizzlies are actually the most predictable and easy-going apex predator I know of, and they all have narrow ranges, partially because we eat bears. Everything I've heard about Australian snakes though, is that there's only one snake that's more of an aggressive asshat than the bad snakes of Australia, and that's the one from Africa which makes one wonder how early humans managed to survive there in the first place. Also, crocs & the number of sharks and jellyfish make it so that there's no water sources that are safe to approach without having to very probably dance around or deal with a croc.

I didn't say they'd be your groupies. Still better than a rock though. And they're better than ending up under the amps. Or the roadies. Or the stage. Or the dressing rooms. Or the tour bus...

If your funeral would be disturbed by a lack of a pretty corpse or an extant body, you're thinking too much inside the box. In fact, forget the box entirely. It's ridiculous, bad for the environment, and horribly overpriced.

Just imagine being that stressed and having to deal with being a young woman with how society is set up for them.

Of course they cheat. They have lemurs and ninja death penguins.

Well, there's your first problem, you need to cut out with the hermit schtick and the rest will fall into place. Or it won't. Doesn't really matter, the important thing is to stop being a hermit.

Ah. Yeah. Obviously not like that. Making anyone be a child for longer than necessary is a horribad idea. Chillen may be innocent, but they're still horrible half-human monstrosities that exist to suck out the life force of real people so that they can become real people and grow into the adult form.

Usually.

...What do you think we do when we find out a bear has killed someone we actually care about? We don't throw it a ticker-tape parade in its honor. No, that's reserved for bears who do in people we don't like.
    Well, you had more wolves at one point.
    Anyway... What I meant more that wolves, et al, go after livestock, so get exterminated before people realise how bad an idea that is. All we've got are dingoes, and I've never seen a wild one. In fact, I don't think there are any wild ones near where I live.
    And on the nature of reptiles, avoiding them is easy. Don't startle them and wear good shoes, thick socks and long pants, jeans are good. Really, I can't recall a recent case of someone being bitten.
    As for the ocean, well, I can't swim, so there. Plus, the beaches around here are usually devoid of such organisms. Sharks are an occasional issue, but rarely and saltwater crocodiles are only found up North where almost no one lives.

Good. I wouldn't have to disappoint them with my unassailable virginity.

Personally, I don't want an open casket. But I would like my body to be there at least. Otherwise, it's a memorial service, not a funeral.
    Also... Bah. One buried corpse in a wooden and metal box will not noticeably harm the environment. People who worry about such things should focus their efforts on more practical and effective methods of preserving the environment.
    And besides... As I plan to have no progeny, I will have more than enough savings to pay for my funeral. In amongst donations to charities and making funds available such that my great nieces and nephews can have the benefit that education provides in these times.

In that case, I shall have to do more research.

They have... Ninja death penguins? I was not aware of this fact...

But I'm not a hermit. I'm sitting a metre away from Mynxae, probably less, and I live with my mother and my sister. If that's what counts as a hermit these days, then I don't know what world I live in any more.
    Though yes, I do need to get out more. We can all agree on that. However, I disagree in regards to relationships. I need neither man nor woman in my life to be happy. I only need friends.

Well, I don't consider them half-human monstrosities, but I agree with the rest of that statement.

I shall amend my statement then. I've never heard of bears going after livestock.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Indeed. Single people are happy people.

*narrows eyes* Eh, you've mostly got sandstone to work with, right? I think I can live with that.

*shudder* At least he could appreciate some of good music I sent him.

Well, I suppose there's no accounting for random disco music being on one's computer. Goodness knows, I've probably got some.
    Indeed we are.

Mostly. It's not the only rock around here, but it is the best for architecture.

He might. I mostly try and tune out what he's listening to. But then, I'm not a good judge of what is or is not good music.

Hmm... I'm not sure I would count ABBA as disco... It fits, but it's more general dance music to me. Now, the Bee Gees are significantly more disco.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Such a grim truth indeed...

Yeah, I'm a bit binary when it comes to fanciness. I'm either for simple with a focus on utility, or just over-the-top fancy (yet preferably with some utility built into it as well)...
    Indeed. The world is full of grim truths, but at least there is the majesty of nature.

Such binaries are the best. Strange, but the best. I don't really know... My thoughts on the matter are rather scattered.

Hey, would you folks say you're salad people or steak people?
    I'm going to say steak. But partly because I can never find a good salad and partly because I quite like meat.

-rant about the terrors of modern cuisine-
    I blame the modern trend towards minimalism. Minimalism in art, minimalism in construction, minimalism in dress. It only stands to reason than the same would extend to food.
    Personally, I like a steak well-done, preferably seasoned with herbs or served with some sort of gravy. Though yes, I do much prefer roasts.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #503

NecromancerGuy

Heh, noooo.

They might be going on tuesday instead of saturday, in which case I'll actually be busy...

Hrm? Who ever said I wasn't interested? Ah, but I try to distribute my own psychic energy so it doesn't weigh me down. I've got enough as it is. Nay, no need to cut them up... Plus, at least one could probably outrun me.
    Yeah, I guess the chaperone does usually turn out to be the killer and it was just a faked demise.

Oh noes!

Hmm, then I guess you're as good at deception as an Aes Sedai then. I'd have sworn that you had admitted to interest neither romantical nor sexual in women. Ah well, I guess that just makes things more interesting in that case.

As for the ones what can outrun you, that's what cunning is for.

Except for the very-recently-single people, I've yet to meet a single person that didn't enjoy themselves.

There is only one Conan.

Steak can be done well, Coid. Be not angry at a food's simplicity.
    Then you've been very lucky to avoid misanthropes, sir. Very lucky indeed. Too lucky. *eyes suspiciously*

Krom where is the wizard who killed my mudder?

But I hate simple things. Everyone knows that's the real reason why I'm not into guys. Though, really, it's less the food's simplicity and more the fact that it gets a pass on being bland because it's steak and everyone prostrates themselves before it because it's steak. Or they're like, vegans, and well, all of that baggage.

I honestly don't know. I like flying a lot and well since 2010 I've done, what... Let's calculate... Well, I've lost count after 20, so. Can't really count with how many roundtrips because some of them have been me derping around Europe. Hrm. Hmmh.

Yup. Sky (the provider) has been making me somewhat annoyed!

ION: I witnessed the most epic rain I have seen in my life today in Manchester.
    I hear derping around Europe is a pretty popular pastime. Even my mother, who is squarer than my terminally square self, keeps making noises about visiting the Tuscan countryside. XD

Epic rain, eh? I love when that happens, sadly only happens about 2-4 times a summer in this state and doesn't always hit where I am. Nothing like barely making it in out of the rain before it got heavy enough to slow you to a crawl or completely blind you rather than just mostly blind you and having to huddle together for warmth afterward. XD

What'cha playing as?

Koorilithu
    Spoiler
    Show

I think we had two separate weather fronts come in, the Scottish one came in a few days earlier.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 <3

Not really monstrous, it's just that you don't know for certain, so inside you can sort of lie to yourself about that ungrateful cat running off and finding a cosier home or something, so you sound callous, but deep inside you know that you told yourself a lie, and you feel sad.

Our Jess off and disappeared . . . six years ago now the old scrapper, and we still say he's cadging off someone else even though he likely isn't.
    My Puddle Demon Cat turned fifteen a few months ago, the old thing, and I'm going to be heartbroken when she dies; she's got an arthritic hip, but also looser/tighter tendons (I forget which) that prevent her keeping a normal cat posture so she's always walking around with her hindquarters slightly crouched. She's old. The two youngest can't recall a time she wasn't here and LB only just remembers when I brought her home.
    She's mine, and ours and mine. When she dies I'm going to have to drop all my avvies for fear of tears for months, if not permanently. I can't be CurlyKitGirl without a cat.
    Hmm. No, the only cat we've done that with was the one where we know he moved in with another family because we saw the generations of cats he was spawning on the other side of the neighborhood. Also, he was living on the other side of the neighborhood. Then again, we've lost a lot of cats. Because we've had a lot of cats. Too many, really. Though I'm glad that I haven't had a cat which lost her entire litter of kittens since I was about 6 or 7.

Watching pets get old is never easy. Especially when they start to shrink towards the end and they're so small... I hope she's got a few more years left to her, even with the hip.

You have to admit it's a little confusing. I'm not entirely sure what cornbread is, but I imagine it's a heavy type of dough, baked into savoury biscuits? If we can handle hevva cake, we can handle most dense doughy things.

We'd probably try to avoid spitting it out though, unless we had a napkin of some sorts to hand, and even then we'd likely apologise.

Okay, those cheese biscuits are cheese scones. Though, cheese cookies. I know you can get savoury cookies, but I just can't shake my idea of cookies away from chocolate chips and similar.
    Cornbread. Bread made with/from corn meal. Preferably yellow cornmeal. Some people swear by white, but I look at them agog. Though, I suppose if you could get hold of blue cornmeal that it would be pretty interesting to try out. Sadly blue corn is far too rare. As for all the different things that could be meant by biscuits, I find that context is very helpful.

XD

I'm pretty sure out cheese cookies are your cheese biscuits. Our cheese biscuits are similar to but different from your cheese scones. I don't even know if we do cheese scones over here, as I think they're mostly more along the lines of frou-frou fruity delights. Savoury cookies are definitely more the exception than the rule or even something most Americans are aware of. Probably the best example would be "cheese straws" which are a type of cheese cookie/biscuit but are marketed as crisp, savory crackers so that people will grok what they're buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    These words, they make no sense to me. They do not belong together.
    I'm honestly surprised that you and Koorly are both grokking the word "cookie," at all, even if it's not necessarily in the same way that I am.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-07-29 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Mostly. It's not the only rock around here, but it is the best for architecture.

Hmm... I'm not sure I would count ABBA as disco... It fits, but it's more general dance music to me. Now, the Bee Gees are significantly more disco.
    *nods* Any granite? There's pathetically little of it here, but it's pretty much the only other thing we've got aside from limestone, and occasionally shale. (I guess coal counts, too, but it's not so common here)

Well, dance music in general, then. I know I've got some of that lying around.

I missed this earlier... This is wonderful; many thanks, madam.

Yeah, I guess the chaperone does usually turn out to be the killer and it was just a faked demise.

Oh noes!

Hmm, then I guess you're as good at deception as an Aes Sedai then. I'd have sworn that you had admitted to interest neither romantical nor sexual in women. Ah well, I guess that just makes things more interesting in that case.

As for the ones what can outrun you, that's what cunning is for.
    Heheheh

Aye. It seems that a number of them cannot make it saturday... however, the one organizing this was interested in going both days, so...

That was probably Elemental (just a guess); I remember doing no such thing. I will say that I find romance a bit silly, though. Bunch of nonsense, and there's no good way to go about it. I don't know why people bother.

Well, two, at least, would be pathetically easy to catch. One's short, and the neither are particularly athletic. The only advantage I'd have on the one that I mentioned, though, is that she's a few inches shorter than I am... I'd be willing to bet she's just as fast as I am.

Then you've been very lucky to avoid misanthropes, sir. Very lucky indeed. Too lucky. *eyes suspiciously*

Krom where is the wizard who killed my mudder?

But I hate simple things. Everyone knows that's the real reason why I'm not into guys. Though, really, it's less the food's simplicity and more the fact that it gets a pass on being bland because it's steak and everyone prostrates themselves before it because it's steak. Or they're like, vegans, and well, all of that baggage.
    I shoot them on sight.

GAH! I forgot to post the link I had wanted to. AGAIN!
    There is only one true Conan.

Bahahahahaha

Er... good steak isn't bland... like, at all. The better a steak is, the less seasoning it needs, because it has its own flavor. The best steaks should only need a dash of salt to bring out the natural flavor; all other necessary flavor is in the grease that you got from cooking it. Only lesser steaks must be prepared with fancy dressings to taste good. Your assertion tells me you have never had good steak (or at least not good chefs); this must be remedied.

That being said, (with the two exceptions of math and music) I like simple things. There is elegance in simplicity. I have to deal with enough complicated things in the average day, and I'll gladly take any simplicity I can get. Plus, as far as actual cooking goes, it's hard to beat steak for easy, and it is delicious.
    A few odds and ends.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

So...

It's next week already?

This is weird. It feels like I missed a day somewhere.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    I can wait and rewatch Star Wreck another day.
    !!!! Star Wreck! Sir, you are precious!

There is only one Conan.

Heh

I like both white and dark chocolate. They're tied for my favorite.

Hmph! Now, you laugh, but wait and see!

You like anything, Amichoco.

I hear derping around Europe is a pretty popular pastime. Even my mother, who is squarer than my terminally square self, keeps making noises about visiting the Tuscan countryside. XD

Epic rain, eh? I love when that happens, sadly only happens about 2-4 times a summer in this state and doesn't always hit where I am. Nothing like barely making it in out of the rain before it got heavy enough to slow you to a crawl or completely blind you rather than just mostly blind you and having to huddle together for warmth afterward. XD
    I guess it's easier to derp around the continent when you actually live there and have appointments you need to attend, therefore your ticket is paid for yah. I've only been to Italy once and that was only because it was an easy ride away from Switzerland, and we were on the road anyways... Doesn't really sound like an interesting place, that Italy.

You had quite a lot of rain not too long ago, wasn't it? Like a couple of weeks or so.

Also.. You should just embrace the rain. Especially if it gets heavy.

I missed this earlier... This is wonderful; many thanks, madam.

GAH! I forgot to post the link I had wanted to. AGAIN!
    There is only one true Conan.

That being said, (with the two exceptions of math and music) I like simple things. There is elegance in simplicity. I have to deal with enough complicated things in the average day, and I'll gladly take any simplicity I can get.
    Mr. Rainman.

*snicker*

*more snickering*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Also.. You should just embrace the rain. Especially if it gets heavy.
    Old girlfriend of mine used to love messing around in the rain. When it was raining the hardest she always dragged me out to go for a walk. And me, who grew up in the desert (sorta), find that very odd. And unpleasant.

Much better to sit in front of the fire with a nice glass of port when it's raining.
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2013-07-29 at 04:26 AM. Reason: weird exclamation marks removed where the hell did they come from
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, then I guess you're as good at deception as an Aes Sedai then.

What'cha playing as?
    Why is everyone suddenly making WoT jokes right around the time I finally got around to reading Memory of light?

Anyway, I'm playing a Ratfolk alchemist who shoots bombs out of a pistol. My GM hates me and my touch AC. I end up being the target of all the Save or Suck spells, but it's worth it.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmph! Now, you laugh, but wait and see!

You like anything, Amichoco.

Mr. Rainman.

*snicker*

*more snickering*
    Heheheheh

Well, they're both better than milk chocolate. I will say that baker's chocolate is a bit extreme on the "dark" end of the spectrum, though.

Very good driver! Very good driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    So...

It's next week already?

This is weird. It feels like I missed a day somewhere.
    It's an odd feeling. I distinctly remember the entire week, but it feels like it's only been three days or so...

ION: Stomach. Make up your goddamn mind. Either I'm hungry or I'm not. Pick one, you indecisive asshat.
    A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    So I'm back from my weekend at the lake with the guy I'm named for. Suffice it to say that fun times were had by all, and I may explode from overfooding. Also, I smell like a campfire.

Oh, and steak is way better than salad. I am a carnivore, not a rabbit.
    Salad isn't food, it's what food eats

I'm honestly surprised that you and Koorly are both grokking the word "cookie," at all, even if it's not necessarily in the same way that I am.
    A cookie is a big slightly soft biscuit, usually with bits of something in it, chocolate chips or dried raspberries being my favourites.

I guess it's easier to derp around the continent when you actually live there and have appointments you need to attend, therefore your ticket is paid for yah. I've only been to Italy once and that was only because it was an easy ride away from Switzerland, and we were on the road anyways... Doesn't really sound like an interesting place, that Italy.
    I disagree. If you have any interest in history Italy is a great place to visit, also the food there is amazing.
    from the game Tales of Aequar: Runite's Rise. Drawn by the DM, CoffeeIncluded