New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Here I was having a nice evening cuddle with Mabel, and out of the blue she "kisses" me on the lips hard enough to draw blood in two places. WHY?!?! ;___; She just kept tweeting and fluffing afterwards too like she hadn't done a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    This is LDK coming to you live from 64 stories up in the world trade center's tower one! Holy heck this is awesome. Maybe pics if I get clearence.
    Far out -- I'd like to see the pictures. I'll bet it's a spectacular building.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Read Scandinavia and the World. It will teach you everything about how we Scandinavians view the eachother and everyone else im the world...
    I am interested to read this myself, now that you mention it.

And I won't let any budgies trample poor Sheep into the dirt. I have a pointy edge and
    I'm not afraid to use it!
    But... but... we'd just tickle him a little! I swear! Don't stab my precious precious birds! :smallbiteyMabel:

edit Mi Elementalis! *nibbles*

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Indeed. It is hard to find a museum that pays well unless you're the curator and that takes a while to get around to.
    It's a cutthroat field. I've been able to bribe, threaten, and seduce my way to my current position where hard work alone was no good. And by George it may have made me hard, but I haven't forgotten how to have fun.

Well,not putting a space is just criminal.Why would a person do such a thing when it's what your taught when writing?After all,typing is just a mechanical,and later digital,reproduction of that art.
    Sorry about that...I couldn't resist trying it out.
    Classical Roman orthography put no space between words whatsoever, presumably to save on vellum. Which is why the Latin verb to read, legere, means primarily to pick out or to select and to read only tropically.

When I read the last sentence of this paragraph, I could not help but burst out laughing. As such, I now feel bad...

It was indeed a good pastry, perhaps too good as I almost got cream and powdered sugar all over my good shirt. And alas, I could not see a single one. Not finch, not swallow, not even that bold wagtail. They were probably all running errands of one sort or another...
    You can laugh. It's good to laugh. *hic*

Blast! I told those birds to keep an eye on you! Well that's the last time I recruit agents from the native fauna. Give me one good trained budgie over a dozen distractible sparrows. There were supposed to be larikeets, too!

Yes. Yes I did. I also bought my Mum a necklace consisting of a created ruby on a silver chain at an op shop and thirty-five dollars of classical music CDs as well as three books.
    Op shops just have the best stuff, for such good prices and you never know what you'll find. Plus, the money goes to a charity, so you can't help but feel good for spending money. Also, the lady at the counter was so nice and friendly.
    As for my new guitar... It was down from two hundred and eighty-nine dollars to one hundred and ninety-nine because they couldn't get the sort they usually get, so they got these ones instead and put the price down to be on par with their usual merchandise. It is a very nice steel string acoustic if I do say so myself... I'm just terrible at tuning it.
    [Quote abbreviated for length reasons]

You will soon learn the niceties of the instrument, I'm sure. Tuning isn't hard -- I can tune a guitar even if I couldn't play it. I am happy for your plunder. It is very satisfying to achieve a desired good at a bargain price.

May I ask what CDs you acquired? May I please kindly steal your mother's necklace, sweet filial gift that it is?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2013-08-08 at 11:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Picture it: Australia, 2013, a young man sits at his desk looking at an electronic tuner wondering why on Earth the E string won't change from being sharp. 'Lo and behold, I was loosening the D string and only noticed when it started coming undone. As such, I feel kind of like an idiot.

Unfortunately, I can't find the music I once learnt to play with all those years ago in school, not that I mind as it was only a book printed for the purposes of compulsory arts education. However, it does mean I need to find some on the Internet and I hate doing things like that.
    Don't feel bad about that. I've been playing guitar for over 5 years, and I still do that.

It's even worse when I'm tuning the mandolin...

Well... if you know how to read tablature, then I can find you some stuff. (Tab's pretty easy to learn)

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Here I was having a nice evening cuddle with Mabel, and out of the blue she "kisses" me on the lips hard enough to draw blood in two places. WHY?!?! ;___; She just kept tweeting and fluffing afterwards two like she hadn't done a thing...
    But... budgie kisses, Kneenibble! I'm sure she meant no harm by it.
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post

But... budgie kisses, Kneenibble! I'm sure she meant no harm by it.
    Ooh, cool! Mandolin! I think you must have mentioned that you play it before, but it piques my curiosity now. I don't believe I have ever heard one played for real.

I wonder now. Was I helping myself to too much of her fluff? Has she been harbouring a taste for blood since the last time when she bit my nose? Is she as evil as Drakeburn would have us believe?

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

Here I was having a nice evening cuddle with Mabel, and out of the blue she "kisses" me on the lips hard enough to draw blood in two places. WHY?!?! ;___; She just kept tweeting and fluffing afterwards two like she hadn't done a thing...

edit Mi Elementalis! *nibbles*

It's a cutthroat field. I've been able to bribe, threaten, and seduce my way to my current position where hard work alone was no good. And by George it may have made me hard, but I haven't forgotten how to have fun.

Classical Roman orthography put no space between words whatsoever, presumably to save on vellum. Which is why the Latin verb to read, legere, means primarily to pick out or to select and to read only tropically.

You can laugh. It's good to laugh. *hic*

Blast! I told those birds to keep an eye on you! Well that's the last time I recruit agents from the native fauna. Give me one good trained budgie over a dozen distractible sparrows. There were supposed to be larikeets, too!

[Quote abbreviated for length reasons]

You will soon learn the niceties of the instrument, I'm sure. Tuning isn't hard -- I can tune a guitar even if I couldn't play it. I am happy for your plunder. It is very satisfying to achieve a desired good at a bargain price.

May I ask what CDs you acquired? May I please kindly steal your mother's necklace, sweet filial gift that it is?
    Perhaps the iron content of her blood was low?

Hopefully there was no actual cutting of throats... That would be inconvenient for all involved.

Hmm... I can see that... After all, parchment is expensive. As is space on monuments. ButIcanseeitbeingdisastrousinEnglishduetoourprocli vityforsuffixesandprefixes.Itwouldindeedmakedeterm iningthebeginningandendingofwordsratherdifficultfr omtimetotime.EspeciallyasIhavenoideaiftherearespel lingerrorsinhere...

It is true. Laughter is good. But it can also be so cruel from time to time.

Well, they do have their own lives to pursue. And it could have been a scheduling mishap. After all, I got the time of my appointment wrong and arrived at the job agency an hour early.
    Personally, if I had seen larikeets, I would have been immediately warned of clandestine dealings. Especially seeing as there is no species of bird with that name I am aware of and lorikeets don't hang out at the bakery even when spelled correctly.

The difficulty in the tuning was forgetting which peg tuned which string. It does conspire to make one look rather foolish when one is inexperienced.

Hmm... CDs...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saxophone Moods; Soaring Classics, a Magical Blend of Music and the Sounds of Nature; Composer Series, the Greatest Works of Beethoven, Bach, Tchaikovsky and Mozart; Great Classics, the Essential Orchestra Collection; Handel (pretend there's an umlaut) , Oboe Concerto No. 3 and Nine German Arias; Ludwig Van Beethoven, Die grossen Klaviersonaten; Franz Schubert, Symphonie Nr. 7; Peter Tchaikovsky, Overture "1812", Romeo and Juliet and Capriccio Italien; Rossini/Nicolai/Wagner/Strauss, Best of Classics; The Best of Mendelssohn and Ravel; Sergei Rachmaninov; Antonio Vivaldi, Violin Concertos; Brahms, Hungarian Dances Nos. 1-21; Tchaikovsky, the Nutcracker Ballet Suite; The Best of Bach.

No, you may not steal the necklace I acquired for my Mother for four reasons. But if you were to do so, I would appreciate you doing so kindly.

Don't feel bad about that. I've been playing guitar for over 5 years, and I still do that.

Well... if you know how to read tablature, then I can find you some stuff. (Tab's pretty easy to learn)
    Indeed... It's not arrayed intuitively... I just have to imagine it's like a clock though. Of course, I'll forget that of course, but it's still helpful to think of doing it clockwise.

Hmm... I can still read tablature funnily enough. I've forgotten almost everything else about it, but that I retain. It would be indeed helpful if you were to do that. I of course shall continue my own search and the reading up on related topics.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

I am deliberately avoiding the discussions about futures and jobs and educations. You poor worried uncertain young lovelies. My advice is poisonously useless because I haven't solved my existential problems either, I've just stopped treating them as a problem. I also drink.

Everything will be okay.
    *gets drunk off one hard lemonade*

How like a budgie. Happy endings and fluff seem to propagate each other.

no... no... must resist... shiny...
    Spoiler
    Show

zzzzzzzzzzz

Alas, it is beyond my power to cheer Bear. But I can continue to be silly for his temporary amusement.

It scanned quite light -- the other two legs are there, but very faintly. Probably Ovis will trip over the extra set before reaching the melee, though, and budgie cavalry will trample his supine fleece.

As long as you know -- you do not face that shadow alone! All around the world you have friends tweeting for you.
    xD. Floppy budgie.

I am also silly, but that is more of a permanent personal defect than a conscious choice.

*snatches a budgie from the stampede and engages in a fluff duel*

baaaaaaaah

You've been such a bitch since you left me. Don't you remember how happy we were?

I wanted to have yous charging against FinnLassie riding a giant budgie, but there are limits to my skills.

*bites tongue to prevent bareback jokes*

Heh heh heh, no, those kinds of jokes are great at such times. It's good to laugh.
    ... *buffaws*. And giggle, and childish grin.

I am perfectly fine with teddy riding me, I don't need Finnie getting involved.

No! Enough tongues have been bitten on account of that already! Speak them all!

I'd use a 'ear, to be more blatantly annoyin, but personal choice.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

It does -- tar and mushrooms and moss and autumn leaves. Dark mysterious smells from such light and ethereal hair. Most excellent for nesting and budgie-napping. *sneakily preens a lionish hair out of feathers*

no... no... must resist... shiny...
    Spoiler
    Show

zzzzzzzzzzz
    M-mushrooms? How on earth did I get mushrooms up there?! *cleans up hair*

Have you been sleeping in Amidus' hair again?! ;_;

*pets tiny sleeping Kneebs*

Huzzah! We'll go to America and hold a ticker tape parade!

To be fair, you do live in the Northern half of Europe, a realm not particularly well known for its strong sunlight. Here, such things are much more common, particularly among blue eyed people.

Well,not putting a space is just criminal.Why would a person do such a thing when it's what your taught when writing?After all,typing is just a mechanical,and later digital,reproduction of that art.
    Sorry about that...I couldn't resist trying it out.
    YahoooooO! .. What's a ticker tape parade?

Well, summertimes are full of sun and happiness. Winter is another story though. Hmm. Blue eyes. Why did I not inherit my father's ice blue eyes...

I curse thee! I curse thee for life! That's horrible! I HAVE TO BLEACH MY EYESSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Admittedly, I do quite like candlelight...
    Candlelight is so pretty. It may still be a bit too bright in the evenings for creating the right mood over here, though, unless you wait until the late hours...

Well, in that case, it's not likely to backfire any time soon.
    No, he's a cheery little fellow and I like him very much. :3

Also, congratulations on your fine acquisitions.

I am interested to read this myself, now that you mention it.
    Do it, it's fun!

But... but... we'd just tickle him a little! I swear! Don't stab my precious precious birds! :smallbiteyMabel:
    Fine, but only if he enjoys it.
    *backs down*

Hmm... I can see that... After all, parchment is expensive. As is space on monuments. ButIcanseeitbeingdisastrousinEnglishduetoourprocli vityforsuffixesandprefixes.Itwouldindeedmakedeterm iningthebeginningandendingofwordsratherdifficultfr omtimetotime.EspeciallyasIhavenoideaiftherearespel lingerrorsinhere...
    Funnily enough, as soon as I got past the first sentence, I managed to pick up quite a good pace. But I had to be careful not to read too fast, lest I got stuck on misreading a word and thus making a jumbled mess out of the next...

And pre-/suffixes aren't much of a problem, because they can rarely be read as words on their own. And it's not like Latin wasn't rife with them as well...

Also, as far as I can tell, you haven't misspelled anything within...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    YahoooooO! .. What's a ticker tape parade?

Well, summertimes are full of sun and happiness. Winter is another story though. Hmm. Blue eyes. Why did I not inherit my father's ice blue eyes...

I curse thee! I curse thee for life! That's horrible! I HAVE TO BLEACH MY EYESSS.
    One of these things:
    Spoiler
    Show

Even in the Summer, the light so far from the equator is not as bright. At least, according to my understanding. But I'm sure it gets bright enough.
    Hmm... Mine aren't like that. They're more grey than they are clear.

*evil laughter*
    Is this the kind of curse that needs a quest to reverse?

Candlelight is so pretty. It may still be a bit too bright in the evenings for creating the right mood over here, though, unless you wait until the late hours...

No, he's a cheery little fellow and I like him very much. :3

Also, congratulations on your fine acquisitions.

Funnily enough, as soon as I got past the first sentence, I managed to pick up quite a good pace. But I had to be careful not to read too fast, lest I got stuck on misreading a word and thus making a jumbled mess out of the next...

And pre-/suffixes aren't much of a problem, because they can rarely be read as words on their own. And it's not like Latin wasn't rife with them as well...

Also, as far as I can tell, you haven't misspelled anything within...
    Fortunately, my location significantly nearer to the equator than yours brings me days and night that are considerably more equal in length. Thus, I can have candles whenever the situation arises.

That is indeed good to here.

Why thank you.

The main difficulty is, that unless my brain has failed miserably, some of our suffixes and prefixes can be read as words on their own, and occasionally their position in a word is variable. Alas, I have very little knowledge as to how that works in Latin.
    Of course, if one is used to reading such text, then it would be no worry whatsoever. As is often the case, practice tends to increase one's level of ability.

Thank you for assuaging my worries. After all, I make enough spelling and word choice errors when I can more readily do something about it...
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Wait they actually fixed that? Cool!

Note that if I'm wrong just say I'm wrong, sorry (is Canadian).
    The site will have four towers, but Tower One is the only one which will approach the height of the fallen ones. I'm allowed to post only pictures which don't show any structure you couldn't see as a tourist. So, without further ado (sideways picture warning):
    Spoiler
    Show
    from the ground and from the 103rd floor
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Even in the Summer, the light so far from the equator is not as bright. At least, according to my understanding. But I'm sure it gets bright enough.
    You're right in that it doesn't get as bright, but the problem is rather getting the sun in your eyes, which is an especially big problem when sailing or hiking in the mountains where there's little to cover your eyes with if you're going in the wrong direction.

Fortunately, my location significantly nearer to the equator than yours brings me days and night that are considerably more equal in length. Thus, I can have candles whenever the situation arises.
    Yeah, but on the other hand, our winters are long, dark and glorious, perfect for lighting candles all day round. One and a half year ago, we lost power for almost 90 hours straight up at our ancestral farm, and had to live by the candle light. Reading under nothing more than a candle is a very cozy experience. :3

Show

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

*Drags head along wall as he stumbles in and collapses in a heap on the ground*

*weakly waves*

Sleeeeeeeeeeeep. I wants it. I needs it. Must have the precious.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

*weakly waves*

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

I hear you. Sleep deprivation sucks and I've had this myself for like 4 days in a row now. I never feel quite stable like this.

Damn sun goes down too late and rises too early.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

You're right in that it doesn't get as bright, but the problem is rather getting the sun in your eyes, which is an especially big problem when sailing or hiking in the mountains where there's little to cover your eyes with if you're going in the wrong direction.

Yeah, but on the other hand, our winters are long, dark and glorious, perfect for lighting candles all day round. One and a half year ago, we lost power for almost 90 hours straight up at our ancestral farm, and had to live by the candle light. Reading under nothing more than a candle is a very cozy experience. :3
    Agreed. The Sun in one's eyes is always much too bright. Our dining room has this habit of having sunlight stream in through the windows early in the morning. Fortunately, I'm rarely up at that time.

The length of darkness is the only thing that could persuade me to move to a climate with such a variation of seasons. Here, there is no twilight and the Sun only sets before six for a month or two... Not very long at all.

*weakly waves*

I suggest a warm and soothing drink Good Wombat. Not caffeinated and preferably with milk. Sit in darkness in a comfortable chair until you begin to unwind.
    Others can suggest an appropriate beverage as I'm a hypocrite giving out advice on getting to sleep even though I stay up so late all the time.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

I suggest a warm and soothing drink Good Wombat. Not caffeinated and preferably with milk. Sit in darkness in a comfortable chair until you begin to unwind.
    Others can suggest an appropriate beverage as I'm a hypocrite giving out advice on getting to sleep even though I stay up so late all the time.
    Well, I'm currently at a place where that would be impossible, but perhaps I can have that date with a cup of tea in a dark, romantically lit location soon. Ugh, what a long and exhausting week. How be the Banter-folk?

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    SLEEPING FOR A WEEK!

I hear you. Sleep deprivation sucks and I've had this myself for like 4 days in a row now. I never feel quite stable like this.

Damn sun goes down too late and rises too early.
    Fixed that for you.

Yeah...sleep is something I really love and hate all at the same time...

On one hand, I have so many things that I'd get to do if I didn't use that time to sleep. I just feel like I never have enough time. On the other hand, if I don't sleep, I'm going to be less efficent at what I try to do with that time.

Then there's times when I just don't do anything, or feel uninspired, or worse, feel like all my ideas aren't really that great, or I just muck around on the internet. One of those. I think its a constant battle where one side of me wants to shoot off all of my toes, and the other half wants to climb a tree.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

15. - Top - End - #1065

If you don't sleep you'd die, so there's not much choice in the matter. That and I don't exactly spend all my waking time in a productive fashion anyway, so being able to waste some of it by sleeping might actually be a good thing.

And it provides a temporary reprieve from the troubles of the day. Unless you keep yourself awake by worrying about things. Gotta love that one too, that.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    If you don't sleep you'd die, so there's not much choice in the matter. That and I don't exactly spend all my waking time in a productive fashion anyway, so being able to waste some of it by sleeping might actually be a good thing.

And it provides a temporary reprieve from the troubles of the day. Unless you keep yourself awake by worrying about things. Gotta love that one too, that.
    Yeah, I know its a 'must do', but so is going to the bathroom and I don't think anyone loves doing that.

An interesting documentary I watched in a psychology course was about someone who only slept 30 minutes a day, for a month or something, and its affects on him. It was facinating. I forget some of the details though, but he lived, he just functioned...differently.

I'm always trying to be productive in some way, whether for personal enjoyment, or accomplishing things on a larger scale.

And yes, I do keep myself awake worrying too, so its on a normal night a chore to drift in. So - I exhaust myself so I fall asleep before I have time to process, or distract myself with a show on netflix until my body shuts down.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Troll in the Playground

I luuuurve sleep. I had a whole 5 hours last night.

Home now (like, home home. My flat won't ever be "home"). My cat, being a cat, decided to totally ignore me at first. She's curled up at my feet now, though.

Okay. Coffee! (I feel like I say that a lot.)
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

One of these things:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm... Mine aren't like that. They're more grey than they are clear.

*evil laughter*
    Is this the kind of curse that needs a quest to reverse?
    Oh! Oooh! Party time, then! *throws confetti on everybody*

Well, when I went to California a couple years back I was just shocked because the sun was so tiny, it was really high up, and well... I got sunburnt in two seconds. I prefer my sun up low, perfect for my transparent skin.

No. This curse is eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I luuuurve sleep. I had a whole 5 hours last night.

Home now (like, home home. My flat won't ever be "home"). My cat, being a cat, decided to totally ignore me at first. She's curled up at my feet now, though.

Okay. Coffee! (I feel like I say that a lot.)
    Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. What is sleep? How does one sleep? Hahah. Aahahah. Hah. Haha. Ahem... Glad you got to sleep. Heh. I had a nap. A nap!

Also, jealous. You have a place to call home. I don't feel like home anywhere, yet everywhere.

Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Caffeine. I need. Please. Someone. Give it to me.

ION: Leaving to Skye in less than 48 hours and I still haven't bought my tickets to get up there. I have however bought myself a ticket to see Black Sabbath in December. Priorities... What are those things?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

19. - Top - End - #1069

Yeah, I know its a 'must do', but so is going to the bathroom and I don't think anyone loves doing that.

An interesting documentary I watched in a psychology course was about someone who only slept 30 minutes a day, for a month or something, and its affects on him. It was facinating. I forget some of the details though, but he lived, he just functioned...differently.
    I can't imagine he functioned well, though. I can't imagine he enjoyed it either.

I'm always trying to be productive in some way, whether for personal enjoyment, or accomplishing things on a larger scale.

And yes, I do keep myself awake worrying too, so its on a normal night a chore to drift in. So - I exhaust myself so I fall asleep before I have time to process, or distract myself with a show on netflix until my body shuts down.
    I need several days of sleep deprivation before I get to the point where I'm too exhausted to stay awake.Of course by then it's already too late if the point is to avoid sleep deprivation in the first place.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Ooh, cool! Mandolin! I think you must have mentioned that you play it before, but it piques my curiosity now. I don't believe I have ever heard one played for real.

I wonder now. Was I helping myself to too much of her fluff? Has she been harbouring a taste for blood since the last time when she bit my nose? Is she as evil as Drakeburn would have us believe?
    Well, I have a mandolin... I can't say I've learned much for it, though. I've got some recordings of me messing around on it somewhere; I can try to dig them up, if you'd like.

Nay, sir; I'm confident that it was merely a sign of affection. I don't pretend to understand birds, though, but it's good to assume the best, methinks.

Indeed... It's not arrayed intuitively... I just have to imagine it's like a clock though. Of course, I'll forget that of course, but it's still helpful to think of doing it clockwise.

Hmm... I can still read tablature funnily enough. I've forgotten almost everything else about it, but that I retain. It would be indeed helpful if you were to do that. I of course shall continue my own search and the reading up on related topics.
    *nods* You'll get better at it eventually... and then still grab the wrong one.

Is there anything in particular you want to learn? Or would you just like me to recommend some songs? I'd suggest picking some simple ones that are mostly just chord progressions or AC/DC-esque riffs to start off.

*weakly waves*

Well... I went to sleep at 7am this morning, so I've got no room to talk, but you should sleep.

Granted, that wasn't entirely my fault... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    ION: Leaving to Skye in less than 48 hours and I still haven't bought my tickets to get up there. I have however bought myself a ticket to see Black Sabbath in December. Priorities... What are those things?
    Heheheh

Have fun on your island and stuff.

ION: I've picked up drawing a thing or two (laptop+stylus+freetime=picture), so y'all may or may not see me draw silly pictures in the future.
    A few odds and ends.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Whoa, so much conversation that I don't even know where to get started here. So, how is everyone? Interesting events going on of any sort?

Later tonight I go to my friend's again for the weekend, so my writing on the site will be limited. Anyone want to give me huggles before I have to go? Probably shouldn't be asking but I love hugs!

But yeah, what's everyone up to? Sorry I haven't posted any art yet. I'm too embarrassed about most of my work. *facepalm* It is only the beginning of the class I guess.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I have a mandolin... I can't say I've learned much for it, though. I've got some recordings of me messing around on it somewhere; I can try to dig them up, if you'd like.

Have fun on your island and stuff.

ION: I've picked up drawing a thing or two (laptop+stylus+freetime=picture), so y'all may or may not see me draw silly pictures in the future.
    Hehehe. Amidus' mandolin superderps.

I will try. We'll see how dead I am when I get there though, I'll probably sleep a whole 12 hours between Sunday and Monday.

Heheheheeh.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Later tonight I go to my friend's again for the weekend, so my writing on the site will be limited. Anyone want to give me huggles before I have to go? Probably shouldn't be asking but I love hugs!
    Have fun!

*hugs* :3
    Asking for hugs is totally fine, it gives people with contact issues like me a reason to be cuddly. Because I love hugs too, I'm just too afraid to hug anyone I don't know is fine with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    But yeah, what's everyone up to? Sorry I haven't posted any art yet. I'm too embarrassed about most of my work. *facepalm* It is only the beginning of the class I guess.
    Don't worry, you don't have to unless you feel like it.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2013-08-09 at 05:34 PM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone here know Java? I made a thing (first Java program past the teaching-tools - I had a lot of help but almost all the actual code is mine) and it's doing weird things. It's basically BIT.TRIP BEAT, but without score and with only one piece in it - hardcoded.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Firbolg in the Playground

MoonCat is now the proud owner of a thing.

Like, sort of a corset, except not quite. The label is under the impression that it is a "steampunk boustier." I just call it ****ing awesome.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

Like, sort of a corset, except not quite. The label is under the impression that it is a "steampunk boustier." I just call it ****ing awesome.
    That does indeed sound quite awesome. I'm wondering if the label maker meant bustier or something. Hmm...

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

I do love spelling quirks on labels

Alas, no comments on those photos of mine? I thought the view was pretty spectacular, myself
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Firbolg in the Playground

Indeed. On the receipt it appears to be a boostier.

How far back is it? I haven't been able to follow the thread, on account of Life.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Colossus in the Playground

Indeed. On the receipt it appears to be a boostier.

How far back is it? I haven't been able to follow the thread, on account of Life.
    Hmm, if it's a bustier, doesn't that mean it's basically just a fancy bra? But then...I guess that's also what a corset is

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Anyone here know Java? I made a thing (first Java program past the teaching-tools - I had a lot of help but almost all the actual code is mine) and it's doing weird things. It's basically BIT.TRIP BEAT, but without score and with only one piece in it - hardcoded.
    I'm pretty proficient with it, so I can help. I'm going to need the code, and probably a description of how it's acting weird, though...

This occations call for fabulous photos. Or just plain old photos with a skewed horison and poor lighting. It's either way, really...

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Alas, no comments on those photos of mine? I thought the view was pretty spectacular, myself
    Well, it's a bit hard to get a good idea when it's all sideways. The view is pretty spectacular, but I had to turn my laptop sideways to see it...

Show