New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Comrade MoonCat, you have doomed comrade Haluesen!

It is too late! You are now cursed with four different diseases!
    But I do not wish to be doomed! I like the foxes I should not be cursed.. Somehow I don't think this logic of mine will work...

Heh the way my health has been lately you might just be right. Retroactively cursed?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: House of Much Random Banter and Haluesen's Various Wondrous Cookies #197

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Coidzor, you are a ninny.

She's older than me by more than half a decade!

Twitface!

Swimming. Swimming. What?

Which is why I have such excellent people skills and yet never keep into a friendship for long. Also because I keep stabbing them.

You...! Be quiet. <mutters>

RAWRCHOMP

Who are you talking to?
    Actually, right now I'm a nanny. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

And yet still a young girl. At least at times and in certain ways. Just as you still are a young girl at certain times and in certain ways even as you become more and more of a young lady. Or possibly young woman. Maybe both?

Oh, Sticks and stones, Moon Monster.

Everything's going swimmingly. The silly clown is going to find his disabled son and live happily ever after.

You really shouldn't be getting so familiar with people then. Children are kind of a handful. You might wanna work on that. You're only really supposed to do that kind of thing if they agree to it.

NEVER! How could a Coidzor not be proud of a Moony who has managed to come so far? What, do you ask me to become a heartless beast? Nay! And again, Nay! And a third time I deny thee, Nay!

*pat pat* Gonna need some stitches after that one, hehe.

What, fox spirits? I suppose, but Ninetale's fluff is a bit different than kitsune canon.

Oh? Are they not synonyms?
    But just barely close enough to offend everyone by managing to garble them together, right?

No, no they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my family is pretty much finished with dinner. Pot-stickers, wonton soup, and some rice. The shrimp wonton soup was okay, but the funny thing was after I was done with my soup, everybody else gave their bowls of soup to me. And of course, I ate them all as well.

Reminds me of the time when someone in my High School Spanish class passed out fried bananas to everyone. Even though everyone didn't like them because of how they smelled, I gobbled up mine since I'm no stranger to fried bananas, and everybody ended up giving me THEIR fried bananas.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Heh the way my health has been lately you might just be right. Retroactively cursed?
    Yes! You were cursed to be cursed from the very beginning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But just barely close enough to offend everyone by managing to garble them together, right?
    Hm? I'm not particularly offended...
    No, no they are not.
    This is news to me. How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    Well, my family is pretty much finished with dinner. Pot-stickers, wonton soup, and some rice. The shrimp wonton soup was okay, but the funny thing was after I was done with my soup, everybody else gave their bowls of soup to me. And of course, I ate them all as well.
    Just... Just rice? Just plain, white rice?

On the bright side, you have had a more Chinese dinner than I. I went out to consume sushi.
    Reminds me of the time when someone in my High School Spanish class passed out fried bananas to everyone. Even though everyone didn't like them because of how they smelled, I gobbled up mine since I'm no stranger to fried bananas, and everybody ended up giving me THEIR fried bananas.
    Free food!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Just... Just rice? Just plain, white rice?
    Nope. Not plain rice. I think it was fried rice.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Not plain rice. I think it was fried rice.
    Ah. Where did you consume this food?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Where did you consume this food?
    At home of course!

(although in my opinion, the Calzone dinner tasted better than this dinner)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

At home of course!
    Ah. Why were there bowls of wonton soup if only you desired to consume it?
    (although in my opinion, the Calzone dinner tasted better than this dinner)
    I have never tasted calzone. How is the flavour?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Do not stab me, MoonCat. I can stab myself well enough. I was cutting vegetables for dinner and cut my finger with the smooth knife. I thought that it was supposed to be the wavy knife for meat and skin. It's hard not to bleed on the food.

I am a bit jealous of Drakeburn's dinner. But it has been my choice. I could choose to order Chinese food too.
    Last edited by Taet; 2013-07-24 at 08:03 PM.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Do not stab me, MoonCat. I can stab myself well enough. I was cutting vegetables for dinner and cut my finger with the smooth knife. I thought that it was supposed to be the wavy knife for meat and skin. It's hard not to bleed on the food.
    Oh, dear. Have you covered the cut?
    I am a bit jealous of Drakeburn's dinner. But it has been my choice. I could choose to order Chinese food too.
    Order...? Why not prepare your own?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground

CATSHARK is what happens when I am very tired and have stared at the computer screen for too long and so start gniyas sgniht sdrawkcab.

I'd take a nap but it is already 5 over here. I'd sleep too long and then I would have to go to bed. Might give my eyes a little break though.
    I can write in backwards cursive...

Oh? Are they not synonyms?

Oh, my! One wonders how your family tree looks like...

Comrade MoonCat, you have doomed comrade Haluesen!
    Hugely not.

SHARKY

Meh. You're too doormat-y to commit coniunicide.

Actually, right now I'm a nanny. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

And yet still a young girl. At least at times and in certain ways. Just as you still are a young girl at certain times and in certain ways even as you become more and more of a young lady. Or possibly young woman. Maybe both?

Oh, Sticks and stones, Moon Monster.

Everything's going swimmingly. The silly clown is going to find his disabled son and live happily ever after.

You really shouldn't be getting so familiar with people then. Children are kind of a handful. You might wanna work on that. You're only really supposed to do that kind of thing if they agree to it.

NEVER! How could a Coidzor not be proud of a Moony who has managed to come so far? What, do you ask me to become a heartless beast? Nay! And again, Nay! And a third time I deny thee, Nay!

*pat pat* Gonna need some stitches after that one, hehe.

Pfft. I've had mothers say that I'm never allowed near their children again. Just because I said I found it funny when children injure themselves. Which was totally out of context.

I got called lady repeatedly in the two weeks my dad was out of town for some reason. It was sort of surprising.

GLARGLE

And then mutate into a female and attempt to continue the species.

Do what kind of thing?

YOU ARE SO GETTING STABBED.

FOOOO

Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

A most impressive skill!
    Hugely not.
    What? But... But...
    SHARKY
    Uh-huh... Is that one shark or two sharks?
    Meh. You're too doormat-y to commit coniunicide.
    What is this coniunicide you speak of? Comrade Google knows not.

13. - Top - End - #103

Oh, dear. Have you covered the cut?

Order...? Why not prepare your own?
    The bandages are kept in the kitchen for good reasons. The knife is soaking in bleach.

I can make the sauces but I cannot fry anything well. There is also that special flavor of fry oil that has been heated many times. Even if I could fry food well the oil would be fresh and miss something.

I can make my own pizza though so that is a good enough trade. Maybe I will try a calzone soon. No mushrooms in the filling though. Their water all comes out and makes a wet calzone.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Do I need to post my picture for comparison?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That sounds delicious. I just had a couple of simple chili dogs.

Yes! You were cursed to be cursed from the very beginning!
    Well I guess so. To find a cleric! *scampers off*

Quite impressive. I can't really even speak backward. Those 3 words were so very hard to type.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    If you have a picture you win. Pizza. Dinner. Cut finger. You win.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

The bandages are kept in the kitchen for good reasons. The knife is soaking in bleach.
    Ah. Most excellent!
    I can make the sauces but I cannot fry anything well. There is also that special flavor of fry oil that has been heated many times. Even if I could fry food well the oil would be fresh and miss something.
    Fry...? I am even more confused. One does not need to fry to have Chinese food.
    I can make my own pizza though so that is a good enough trade. Maybe I will try a calzone soon. No mushrooms in the filling though. Their water all comes out and makes a wet calzone.
    Pizza making! An impressive skill.
    That would be lovely.
    Well I guess so. To find a cleric! *scampers off*
    Another curse! You are now unable to move!
    Last edited by TaiLiu; 2013-07-24 at 08:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

If you have a picture you win. Pizza. Dinner. Cut finger. You win.
    Meaning the picture of the time I cut my finger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh. That's... That's a rather deep cut.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Why were there bowls of wonton soup if only you desired to consume it?

I have never tasted calzone. How is the flavour?
    1. My mother prepared bowls of wonton soup for everybody, but for some reason they didn't want them, so they ended up handing over their soups to me.

2. Tasted alright. Pie-like crust on the outside (sort of the sort you would taste from a Chicken-Pot Pie, creamy melted cheese, and bits of sausage and pepperoni.

You've made your choices, I've made mine. That is the way life is.

.................. Odd. Seems like my stomach is trying to decide to either be hungry or full.

21. - Top - End - #111

Is this a dagger I see before me?
    Man, I saw a production of the Scottish Play where that was CLEARLY a dirk and not a dagger. When he said that line, I just wanted to shout out "NO, IT ISN'T," but I'm not quite that much of a jerk.

Friendly stab, they call it. A precursor to friendly fire.
    I thought all fire was friendly. It's friendly to me, at least. It keeps me warm, gives me light, and looks AWESOME.

This attitude towards shipping reminds me of someone. Everyone! We now ship TaiLuesen!
    You shipping TaiLiu gave me the absolute best name for a ship ever:

CAT O' NINETALES.

I have never felt this awesome in my entire life.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-07-24 at 08:34 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oooooooh. That looks painful.

But I can top that (although no pictures were taken).

I once tried to fly when I was just a little boy. Threw myself in the air, wearing shorts (or pants, can't remember which), slid on the driveway on my knees. Excruciating pain ensured.

23. - Top - End - #113

Dear Doctor Edward Feser,
    I understand that you are significantly more versed in Philosophy and Theology than I, being both several decades older and possessing higher degrees than I; however I wish to criticise your writing style.
    Your Aquinas: Beginner's Guide is an entry in a Beginner's Guide series; this means it is intended to slowly introduced key concepts of a topic to people who know little to nothing about the topic in question.
    This means you don't write lengthy paragraphs where half the paragraph or more consists of fairly lengthy quotes from Aquinas' work, especially on such an obtuse and difficult concept as medieval metaphysics (which is even tricky for those who have studied it at length), without explaining it in better terms than an analogy restating and rephrasing the quotation, with little to no actual explanation.
    Yes, I see you compare medieval metaphysical beliefs with later interpretations of the same concepts. Concepts you admit to being difficult for the uninformed to understand without sizeable help. What a lay person would like, when trying to get a better understanding of a topic they have developed an interest in, is a clear, concise (or at least a concise as possible) overview of things designed to encourage that interest without being condescending to a new student.
    To conclude Dr. Feser, what I don't want in a book designed to introduce me to a new subject is convoluted, circular, imprecise explanations on a sub-section of that subject that is actually a key component to understanding a major part of that subject.
    In this case: when trying to learn more about Aquinas, I would like a better explanation for such a confusing subject as metaphysics, because his stance on various aspects of that subject is one of the key aids to understanding his thoughts on theology. Y'know, that thing he's most well-known for: the Summa Theologica? One of the most famous, and most influential, books in Christianity.
    You've almost entirely succeeded in putting me off the Angelic Doctor entirely. And people who've witnessed by enormous wall-o'-text quotestorms with Dragonprime about Aquinas, history, theology, the medieval period, Scholasticism and the impact of all those things on literature know that this is a truly outstanding achievement.
    Please rethink your writing style, because I believe it discourages more potential new students/readers than it actually encourages.
    Thank you for reading this letter.

Yours aggravatedly,
    Miss Koorly KitGirl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

1. My mother prepared bowls of wonton soup for everybody, but for some reason they didn't want them, so they ended up handing over their soups to me.
    Ah. Quite foolish of them.
    2. Tasted alright. Pie-like crust on the outside (sort of the sort you would taste from a Chicken-Pot Pie, creamy melted cheese, and bits of sausage and pepperoni.
    Interesting.
    .................. Odd. Seems like my stomach is trying to decide to either be hungry or full.
    It's probably the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post

CAT OF NINETALES.

Is that not similar to the name of a certain whip?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Another curse! You are now unable to move!
    Aww but I very much wish to be mobile. :smallcryface: DO I at least get my chips?

CAT O' NINETALES.

That is a pretty awesome ship name.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

A most impressive skill!

What? But... But...

Uh-huh... Is that one shark or two sharks?

What is this coniunicide you speak of? Comrade Google knows not.
    Not particularly. I mean, it doesn't require thinking backwards.

SHAAAAAARKS

Pseudo-latin.

Quite impressive. I can't really even speak backward. Those 3 words were so very hard to type.
    Oh, I can't backwards either. The thing is, since all the letters are connected, there's no confusion over where to begin each letter, so all you have to do is reverse the thing. I just picked it up because I was damn tired of smearing my ink every five minutes as a leftie.

Man, I saw a production of the Scottish Play where that was CLEARLY a dirk and not a dagger. When he said that line, I just wanted to shout out "NO, IT ISN'T," but I'm not quite that much of a jerk.

I thought all fire was friendly. It's friendly to me, at least. It keeps me warm, gives me light, and looks AWESOME.

CAT O' NINETALES.

Oh, you should've!

FIRE

...I don't get it. Who's Ninetales?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Is that not similar to the name of a certain whip?
    Rather the point. Because ship names that are actually things are the best ones. Also, I find it apt because that relationship could only end in pain.

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE, GUYS?

HOW.

EDIT: ninja MoonCat

Oh, you should've!
    No, I don't wanna be that guy who yells at people during plays. The production was otherwise pretty good.

FIRE
    SEE IT BURNING IN THE SKIES!

TaiLiu, whose avvie is based on the pokemon Ninetales.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-07-24 at 08:42 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Not particularly. I mean, it doesn't require thinking backwards.
    Hm. What would thinking backwards entail, anyway?
    SHAAAAAARKS
    SHARK-EATING SHARKS
    Pseudo-latin.
    Ah. What does it mean?

Rather the point. Because ship names that are actually things are the best ones. Also, I find it apt because that relationship could only end in pain.
    I... I see.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

You leave Mr. Snufflepuff out of this!

Anthro Unit Coded: Drex-01A knows too much. Request immediate termination of current model and reinitialization from existing backups aboard Ark-9.

No Sanity. To. Put. Ate it all. *burp* U-mami. Don't worry, sanity grows back. No it doezn't.

I've conveniently erased the backups.
    WHAT!?
    I needed space for my music.
    THERE WAS 500GB OF FREE SPACE!!!
    Yeah, that's why I had to erase the backups. I needed the extra space. Couldn't fit it all on there, anyway; I had to borrow your flash drive to get the last few discographies.
    ... *explodes*

I think we're assuming a baseline of sanity that's high enough to actually include as an ingredient; something I simply don't have.

CAT O' NINETALES.

A few odds and ends.

30. - Top - End - #120

CAT O' NINETALES.

A Rocky Horror Picture Show at Macbeth? You would have to shout that. And shout whenever someone said Macbeth. And probably throw something red in the air whenever someone talked about blood. And the scene with the porter would be audience participation.

Someone in the last thread talked about not liking fire. I thought that was not normal. This is normal.

Yes. You should feel awesome.

Oh. That's... That's a rather deep cut.
    Qwertystop, did that finger tip come back all the way?