A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default [PTA] Shikoku Region 1

The early morning sun slowly crept up over the Shikoku region, signalling the new day and slowly waking the region. The birds sang their songs the breeze lightly whispered, and alarm clocks began to chime. For everyone else, this was just a normal day. For you though, this was possibly the greatest day of your life.

The night before, you received a letter from the Pokémon League. Inside was a letter of congratulations, and your Pokémon trainer license, giving you the title of a Pokémon trainer. With your official license now, this sunrise doesn't just start the new day, it starts your new adventure, your new life, and the difficulty that comes with it.

Like many other trainers that received their license the night before, you set out with your sights on Goldvale Village, home of the Shikoku region Pokémon Professor, Professor Cypress, who has seen many trainers off personally as she grants them their first Pokémon and their life time companion.

As you enter Goldvale Village and approach the Professor's lab, you quickly notice just how many people have become trainers today and slowly become one with the crowd.

Goldvale Village
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stealing is such an ugly word. It is more like you are giving me your money.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [PTA] Shikoku Region 1

Jubilation permeated through Warren at the sight of that glorious sunrise, and that this day had finally come. Racing down the lane, he was determined to be the first one there. He had not trekked half the night to get the left overs, he was determined, and he raced onward!

Rounding the corner, and bringing the Professor's lab into view, the sight brought him up short. ...So many...already... he thinks to himself.

Determined not to be any later, he breaks into a quick trot, and promptly trips over his own feet, landing painfully face first in the lane. Quickly rectifying his horizontal position, Warren walks more carefully toward the crowd, praying that no one witnessed his clumsiness.

Glancing at the others, he's relieved to see that there are others nearly as tall as himself, and roughly his own age. His immediate fear was that he was going to be 4-5 years older than everyone else, and a good foot taller as well, was unfounded. Being somewhat less stressed, he did his best to blend into the crowd, pretending the fall didn't happen.
    Last edited by theterran; 2013-07-25 at 02:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Damien waits quietly and patiently in the crowd, but with each passing moment he regrets turning down his mom's offer more and more. When he had received his Trainer's License she had offered to let him have one of her old Pokémon from her days as a Trainer, but he had declined the offer. He wanted to make his own way as a trainer, and that meant starting from nothing, just like most new Trainer's. He just hadn't realized just how much standing in line there would be in starting from nothing.

4. - Top - End - #4

...Aching back...

How early was it? Should it ever be this early? A boy, small of stature, stumbled down one of the dusty trails towards destiny. The cheery morning sun struck him from all the wrong angles.

...Sand in the shoes...

He'd been three towns away when he got the letter- why league applicants were being set up in the middle of nowhere and with only a day's notice was beyond reasoning, certainly at this time of the morning. What a hike it'd been.

...Pounding headache...

Fred wasn't even particularly looking forward to this. He had no interest in raising a pokémon, or meeting people without any appreciation for designer brands. He didn't want to have adventures, or gain perspective. He just wanted to be rich and famous, and unfortunately there was no better way than through league channels.

...And ready to go!

A determined smiled, phony or not, could get you just about anywhere. Moving into the sweaty crowd of would-be journeymen, he was positively beaming. He was too short to catch sight of the professor, or hear an inspiring speech, but instead his focus lay with the magazine he clutched in his hand. A business magazine, normally outside of his interests, but in this case contained a very useful article: "The 10 signs of an up and coming ace trainer", as estimated by sociologists and psychologists.

After all, his parents had taught him to be careful when picking his friends. It probably wasn't in the same context, but it was certainly something to consider...

His musings were cut short by the stumbling of what he might consider a giant, who had afforded himself a face full of concrete. Unable to prevent himself from making a bit of a face, Freddy muttered under his breath, "Not him... just on principle."
    Last edited by Just_Ice; 2013-07-25 at 03:41 PM.
    Playground in the Playground

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

It had been a long journey from Silvermoor city, okay perhaps not that long as his father actually brought him halfway, the rest he ran with another trained who wished to laugh at someone elses misfortune.

And he was still feeling sleepy the ghosts of the City dint let him sleep much last night, but what dreams he had, of flaming tepigs and water pokemon getting roasted that dream seemed so delightful, but now was not the time to remember his dream, for now he had to focus.

Taking a deep breath and letting out a yawn Fleg entered the laboratory and was pleasantly surprised by the crowd, he like most people around him it seemed was of average heigh... okay perhaps a bit shorter to be exact. Still hopefully they would start soon because he was feeling bored... and sleepy!, but he waited this was not the place nor time to make trouble.
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-07-25 at 03:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

BlackDragon

Sighing again as she waits in line Celia takes off her hat to run a hand through her hair for the dozenth time. She glances around at the other trainers; younger, older, more fit, malnourished, there were people from a wide variety of places and the numbers only increased with time. This would be pretty interesting if she wasn't bored out of her mind.

She remembered how excited she was when the letter arrived at their families' mansion in Flowergroove city. Prepared in advance she quickly said her goodbyes and her brother dropped her off hours ago. Fidgeting in impatience she finally lets out a frustrated groan. "Max never said getting a license ment standing in line... ARGH how much longer are we just gonna wait!?"

She barely noticed the looks the other trainers gave her as she folds her arms, continuing to grumble.
    Last edited by Talon15; 2013-07-25 at 06:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Wes Levitt was sitting on the front step of his house skipping rocks across the street, trying to act cooler than he felt. The sun has almost set on Ironback City, and if that letter didn't come tonight, it wasn't going to come at all. He flings a rock off the gravel and it plinks off a glass bottle. The Pokemon League is wary of licensing young trainers from Ironback, the boy explains to himself, Apparently giving a pokemon to a kid like me is too much of an endangerment to my environment. Four blocks down, a small blast is heard, and a car alarm begins sirening. I guess I can't blame them. Wes doesn't resent living where he does; in fact, he is inspired by the heroes he has seen rise from these streets. If you can make it here, you have the potential to make it anywhere. In an environment where only the strong survive, those who manage are capable of anything. However, that means that many do not; they are either run out by the fear and poverty or consumed by it. As much as Wes wants to leave, he wants to return, and stop the vicious cycle. A pokemon license is the key to all of this, but as the night is almost upon him without a letter, it appears he will be rejected once again.

Just as he drops his head for a second year in a row, a letter materializes in front of his face.
    "Looking for something, brother?" His little sister Mara cooes above him. The name, the address, the red and white ink seal - this was from the Shikoku Pokemon League! Wes snatches the letter and feverishly tears it open.

Wesley Levitt,

The Shikoku Pokemon League is proud to declare that you have been accepted to receive a Pokemon Trainer License. Owning, raising, and training a Pokemon is one of the greatest experience one can have in life. However, pokemon are powerful creatures with limitless potential. For that reason, your authorization is reliant upon you obtaining a pokemon from Professor Cypress in Goldvale Village, where you will be trained briefly in pokemon safety and responsibility.
    "Well, what does it say!?" By now the entire family has crowded around the front door. Wes' beaming smile is all the confirmation they need before they swarm him in hugs, and despite being tossed back and forth in the sea of siblings, Wes manages to finish reading the letter.

"Wait wait wait," he says, bringing the waves to a stop. "This says I need to be in Goldvale tomorrow morning... girls, when did you get this!?"

Mara's twin Riley giggles. "A few days ago. We wanted to really surprise you!" Wes smiles in return, but since he can't possibly miss this opportunity, he'd have to leave for Goldvale right now. He sprints into the house, grabs his bag he'd packed earlier that morning (just in case), and dashes out the door.

"You're not seriously going out right now, are you?" AJ asks. She's the closest to Wes' age, and she's always been the best at keeping him in check. Not this time, though.

"I gotta!" He saddles onto his bike. "No other choice!" His smile hurts his cheeks. Finally, a small boy makes his way to the bicycle. He reaches up as high as he can to give his older brother a worn, tired notepad with Avery's Pokemon!! scrawled across the front, with a crayon drawing of the small boy holding a pokeball. Wes looks down at the boy, slowing down his frantic departure to give him the time he deserves. "Thanks buddy. I'm gonna fill this with all my stories, and read you them every night when I get back, okay?" The little boy smiles back.

Wes tightens his backpack, ready to leave. "I'll be back soon girls! Avery," he addresses the little boy, "You're the man of the house until I'm back, okay? Take care of your sisters." Avery laughs, which, as usual, ripples to get the girls laughing too. "Love you guys."

With a forest of hands waving behind him, he speeds off into the dark of night. Quickly, the city gives way to nature. He hears pokemon calls around him, and the excitement from hours ago becomes fear. He's hungry, tired, and not at all ready for this trip. The shadows seem to creep closer every second. But as soon as the night reaches its darkest point, the morning sun creeps over the hill in front of him, and with it, an illuminated Goldvale Village. This is it, he thinks through pedals, Today is the day. Exhausted, Wes parks his bike near a tree at the end of the route, and finally finds sleep. It can wait though. Just a few hours...

Wes wakes up to the buzz of young aspiring trainers his age outside of a building. That must be the lab. He leaves his bike next to a sign reading Welcome to Goldvale Village - The tiny town with where big dreams begin! He makes his way over to the lab with eager eyes above tired dark circles. Nothing can stop me from today. This is everything I've been waiting for.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Kevin didn't bother suppressing the yawn that escaped him as watched another person come trudging along to join the que for getting your first pokemon. He had made it a matter of principle to be one of the first to be in line, finding it a bit embarrassing to have to wait in line behind people who were just showing up into town to get their partners and leaving. He did a quick scan of the "usual" places where the town kids hid out to place their bets on who was going to make it to the grand stage and found them empty.

"Bastards."
    He said finishing off his yawn, and lowering his hand again. He figured they would give him the home field advantage to see who was placing bets on him, but he was going to be just as clueless as the rest of them. Rubbing his neck the dark toned boy turned back to the other trainer hopefuls and flashed a grin out to them and began counting out loud. Finishing his count with a whistle, he shook his head with a grin.

"I'm going to have to buy new shoes with all theses asses to kick here today." He was still grinning out into the crowd searching for eyes to meet his and his challenge. Hey, it worked in the movies for psyching out potential enemies. "Well, except him. He's got that covered it seems. Right big guy?" He said directly pointing at the fellow tall man attempting to wallflower after his less then graceful entry, wiggling his eyebrows in the process.
    Last edited by Pallid; 2013-07-25 at 07:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

One trainer doesn't so much arrive in the crowd as emerge. Behind Goldvale's large welcome sign, a few bushes rustle, catching the attention of a small child, who strains to see more as his mother's hand catches his and pulls him inexorably away. Within few minutes, the movement stops, and a head rises into view. The boy has a full head of straight black hair with long bangs. A shred of mulch stubbornly clings to his brow, tangled in the mess. The boy stoops once again, tosses a backpack out underneath the big wooden sign, and rolls underneath after it himself. Whistling cheerfully, he merges into the crowd, heads to the back of the line, and starts combing his hair.

Tucked into his back pocket, lifting slightly when he pulls his comb out, is a very worn, water-stained envelope. The boy had actually applied for the license over a year ago, but put down the address of a family he was staying with on his official forms. Miraculously, the letter had bounced from address to address before actually catching up to him only recently. Some might have called it thoughtless to list an address he had only lived at for a week, but around this boy things just seem to work out sometimes. With a happy grin, he tucks the comb back into his pocket and strikes up a conversation with the trainer coming into line behind him.

"Hey, my name's Marcus. What's yours?"
    Last edited by Sitzkrieg; 2013-07-26 at 11:43 AM.
    Pokemon: Shikoku Region
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

Pokemon: The End Times
    OOC IC
    These are my pokemons. Let me show you them.
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

10. - Top - End - #10

Wes strains his eyes to see over the heads in front of him. He's mostly just curious, not anxious. Everyone's going to get a turn. They're not going to call us all here and then not have enough pokemon to go around. Somewhere in the crowd someone yawns, so Wes does too in reaction, and a few seconds later, another yawn is heard. The damn things are contagious. Can't be tired though. He shakes his head. There's too much to do today. Wes is craning his neck above the crowd when he realizes he's being spoken to.

"How you doin' Marcus," he shakes the kid's hand heartily, "I'm Wes. Hell of a lot'a people here, huh?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally arriving, after another argument with his father about going into the family business, William enters the line

"I'm William, nice to meet you"
    Looking around at all the new trainers, he replies distractedly
    "Looks like there are a lot of people here already, think there'll be enough Pokemon to go around?"

He says before realising that the person he responded to was talking to someone else
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

12. - Top - End - #12

Kobold

Fleg was listening around bored it was taking a long time for the pokemon to be given or something, so he decided he should socialize a bit perhaps with the newcomer, so he waved to him and came closer.

"Nice to meet you William, my name is Fleg". He extended his hand for a handshake.
    "As for your question, i doubt the league would sent invitations if they dint have enough pokemon to give, then again they did sent the invitations only last night so... i guess its up to the wily lady luck".
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-07-26 at 04:23 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Joe watched the others congregating, but he carried on with his work: he'd promised he'd finish this project for professor Cypress, but receiving the league's letter past night had upset his plans.

This is it. My first step. I won't mess this up, I won't waste it like my parents did. He had pokeballs and potions stocked in his bag and he'd spoken with the professor before about which pokemon would be most suitable for him. He'd weighed the pros and cons: he was ready.

The researcher stripped off his white coat as he saved the finap draft of his report on the effects of weather erosion on dormant rock type pokemon and emailed it to the professor then joined the waiting trainers.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Uhnnnnggg....... pffff!!
    ... "Eight"
    Uhnnnnnggg....pfff!
    .... "Nine"
    Uhnngg.... pfff!
    .."and ten!"

Slowly Bob get's up. Having finished his usual morning routine workout, he takes a quick shower before sitting down to eat breakfast.

Suddenly he realises his mother is staring at him, tears welling up in her eyes. "Oh Bob, will you be alright? I know you're strong, but the world can be dangerous and ..... you know ..... your brother.... sniff"

"I know, mom, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself. The world will become better, I promise you. I will show them how to take care of eachother."
    "... sniff...."

Soon after, Bob packs his bags and leaves for the nearby lab, arriving only twenty minutes later. He looks quite the man, with heavy shoulders and an equally sized belly. Some might mistake him for fat, but strong muscles lay beneath his skin.

That's a lot of kids. I wonder if they all have ambitions like myself. .... I wonder what pokemon will become my new friend.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2013-07-26 at 08:52 AM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

After a few minutes and a few more people slowly joining the crowd, the group of people suddenly fall silent as a light *click* is heard at the front.

The door to the lab has finally unlocked and opened, catching everyone's attention as a young woman steps out. She doesn't appear to be much older then you, and the casual posture and the headphones around her neck doesn't show and real professional appearance or attitude, but there is no doubt that this is Professor Cypress.

"Welcome, all of you!" she says cheerfully to the crowd. "I bet you're all excited for today, huh? Please everyone, follow me inside. Me and my assistants will gladly get you all set up with your first friend, but please, just keep in mind it may not be as roomy as some would hope."

She waves you all in behind her with another soft smile. As you all step inside, the light hum of the computers fills the room, but quickly gets drowned out by the chatter from the crowd. The Professor continues to walk through it all and lead you to the back wall. She stops and spins around to face you again as she leans back against the desk, waving a hand up to the tray of shelves beside her, holding over 40 Pokeballs. "Please keep in mind that there is a little bit of paper work to fill out before we can give you your Pokémon, so please, just be patient. Once you are all done and receive your Pokémon, you're all welcome to leave and begin your adventure. To fill out the paper work, please come see myself of my two lovely assistants. We'll make sure you get everything done."

She waves her hand again over to the two assistants on the far side of the shelves. They look up from the pile of papers they hold with a sarcastic look as Professor Cypress introduces them almost like a game show host. Both are met by her soft smile again, so they just shake their head and continue preparing the papers.

Professor Cypress takes a third of the stack from her assistants and sits herself up on her desk with a light hop. "Now just in case I don't get to see you all before you leave, I'd like to say congratulations on getting your license, and I wish you all the best of luck with your new life with Pokémon. Raising your companions is an amazing feeling that many trainers are lucky to experience. Just remember, they are your friends and your companions, you'll soon learn that you rely on them just as much as they rely on you. Now let's get this started so you can really begin chasing your dreams. Who's first?"
    Stealing is such an ugly word. It is more like you are giving me your money.

16. - Top - End - #16

BlackDragon

Deftly (read shoving) some of her fellow trainers aside Celia moves towards the front of the line with the professor. She came here to see Cypress and wasn't going to get signed out with some aide.

"Celia. Celia Faren." She says with a smile, going through the paperwork she dots the I's and crosses her T's, once again muttering about the boring parts of becoming a trainer.

When she is handed her pokemon and pokedex Celia is almost speechless. Managing to avoid tearing up before the process is completed she smiles and thanks the professor before heading outside to see what her first pokemon looks like.

Soon as she is clear of the building she lets out her new pokemon. As the Cyndaquil appears she gazes up at Celia, who kneels down for a closer look. Trainer and mon spend a moment just staring at each other, head tilting one way then the other.

"You're... adorable." Scooping up the mon she gives the fire mon a hug, first surprised by the affection the cyndaquil smiles and hugs back.

"Lesse about a name." She comments as she opens up her dex and read the entry on her first pokemon.

"Well fire is your specialty, how about.. matches?" Smiling at her pokemon's enjoyment of a name she pockets her pokedex.

"You have a name, I have my license, now to decide where we're going to go..."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Joe was next and he grinned, someehat shyly as he approached the professor and then took the items from her. Tthanks, for everything, and I'm sorry to be leaving so soon. I'll keep up the research whilst I'm away I promise. And thanks for Veyn, I'll look after him."

Joe took the pokeballs and found a clear part of the room to release his Snivy in: he'd already met the pokemon and named him, though he was still slightly uncertain. Joe decided to wait to one side with the friendly grass type whilst the others collected their pokemon, and he carefully checked through his supplies to make sure he was ready.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Kevin being one of the first people in line, was once again glad it was pretty difficult to see blush on his skin once the professor made her appearance, up close and personal. He was bit slower going in making sure everything was perfect before he left the town behind. He wanted to make sure the professor remembered him in a clean state, which let some of the faster trainers get their partner before him. Though he at least knew the run down of the forms when he finally felt he was perfect enough to get to the top of the line, and with swift handiwork slew the beast known as paperwork and grabbed his pokeball. Dipping and dodging around the poor saps that were slower on the up take he made his way out the building. Taking his first step into the world as a pokemon trainer. He had considered running home and letting the family know he was leaving, but thought the better of it. He needed to let that part of his life sit on the back burner. But that didn't mean he couldn't put on a little show.

Grinning to the "invisible" people he knew were lurking and watching, he raised his hand and pointed at the sky for a moment before tossing his pokeball up and catching it. Clipping the newly dubbed Mr.Chuckles into his belt he made his way towards the edge of the town, stopping once he saw a girl sitting next to her new partner, catching the tail end of their conversation.

"You have a name, I have my license, now to decide where we're going to go..."

"We should head west. There's a restaurant a few towns that way that I've been hearing about." He said sliding right into her conversation like he was invited. He tilted his head, as he nodded towards the direction he spoke of while pointing his pokedex at her little guy. Paused, and figured he might as well be polite if his plan was going to work, and released Mr.Chuckles from his ball for the first time.

"I'm Kevin, and that's Mr.Chuckles." He said pointing to the little reptile that blinked in confusion at the name before giving what Kevin thought was a laugh and clapping it's claws together. "So how about it? Team up for a bit until we get our sea-legs? My dad tells me it's safer that way." He held out his hand to her for a greeting, grinning slyly in the process. "Plus, I'll save kicking your ass for the Pokemon League."

19. - Top - End - #19

Wes is one of the last people to file through to the front of the lab for his pokemon. He doesn't see it necessary to shove others out of the way; the trainers will all get their turn, and he doesn't want to come off as a jerk to people he may be traveling with later. Besides, I don't even know which pokemon I'd rush to go get.

Wes smiles at a busy assistant as he fills out the basic information for his license. Name... date of birth... By the time he has it filled out, over there are only a handful of people left to acquire a pokemon. He reaches forward into the case, but just before he selects his future pokemon companion, a young, blonde-haired boy snags it, sticks his tongue at Wes, and sprints off. Wes smiles and shrugs him off. I guess that one wasn't meant for me.

He finally rests his hand upon the ball in the bottom-left of the case labelled Turtwig. This strong, sturdy, turtle pokemon will be an excellent cornerstone to my pokemon team. He takes the ball, his pokedex, and gear from an attendant; he thinks about saying something to Professor Cypress, but she's busy with a bubbly, curly-haired girl at the moment, and thinks better of it.

Just outside the door, Wes stands in a crowd of people who each released their pokemon as soon as possible. Different chirps and growls surround him. Wes finds a clear area next to a girl and her charmander. With a simple click of a button, he releases his turtwig next to her pokemon, and his pokemon adventure had begun.

"Tur?" the green little creature asks, sniffing the charmander's fiery tail investigatively.

"Hey, watch out there, girl," Wes kneels down next to the pokemon, "You don't wanna touch that." The pokemon sniffs him, and lets out a few more inquisitive calls. "I'm Wes," he reaches a finger out, and the little pokemon sniffs it, then gently gnaws on it. "Heh heh, I'm thinkin' Sapjaw, for your name, since you've got this powerful bite 'a yours. Do ya like that?"

The turtwig looks up at him and smiles. "Tur!"

20. - Top - End - #20

...come on... thinks Warren, still jostling in the crowd of people waiting for their turn. ...should it really be taking this long... his thought continues, as he starts bouncing on the balls of his feet, waiting for his chance...
    Last edited by theterran; 2013-07-26 at 10:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

Waiting for your own turn is easy when you are humming a song or two, thankfully he dint lose his turn because he almost forgot about it. Nah just kidding he dint, who forgets such an important thing?.

Fleg wrote down his name did all the paperwork and was tempted to mess it up on purpose but dint do so. In the end he received his starter and some basic gear to go with the rest of his gear. "Thank you very much Ma'am it was a pleasure meeting you". And you are pretty cute too, he considering saying his though aloud, but this was not the best place or time to do such a thing, perhaps another day when he would be feeling calmer and there would be less competition around.

Getting out and whistling his own tune he released the pokemon he picked (chose randomly) next to someone with a Turwig.
    He looked for a moment at his Tepig while the little fella looked at him with bright eyes as if it feared nothing and awaited to see who would move first, like it happened in the movies. Finally Fleg broke down with a smile and spoke to his Tepig. "Hrm i was gonna name you something else, but after looking at you and your brave nature.... I decided to name you Poncho my new friend!." Fleg threw his fist in the air and the Tepig... well seemed to agree "Tepig!".

"Mmm okay Poncho come to me while i figure this thing out". Fleg picked and put the Tepig next to him that seemed to enjoy the sun and the wind while he tried to figure out his pokedex... and how it scanned hopefully he wouldn't break it.
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-07-27 at 04:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Being one of the last in line has it's advantages, Bob thinks. For one, there is less pushing. Not that I mind pushing so much, just that I don't want to hurt anyone.

The other advantage is getting a good view of the other trainers. The mix of trainers is certainly interesting, with some of them barely remembering to breath from excitement and others acting like this is just a formality.

This kid in front of me seems nice enough, keeping his composure while hopping up and down.

"Hey, kid. What's your name? I'm Bob. What kind of pokeomn do you think you'll get?"

23. - Top - End - #23

Surprised that someone actually talked to him, Warren turns.

"Hi, I'm Warren. Nice to meet you." says Warren with a half pleased, half shocked look on his face (No i have no idea what that might look like).
    "I have no idea what pokemon I might get, I just hope there are some left by the time we get up there...and I hope it's not a magikarp..." he half mutters to himself.

"What are you hoping for?"
    Last edited by theterran; 2013-07-27 at 10:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Being short did have a few advantages. In this particular case, it allowed Fred to sneak in amongst the middle of the crowd. It was difficult not knowing exactly where he was headed, or having the professor's voice be so muffled by the crowd. Still, he managed to get to a desk with some papers on it.

Spoiler
    Show

1. Name: Fred Burmanthorpe

2. Age: 16

3.Is this your first time seeing pokémon? Y/N

4.Is this your first time handling pokémon? Y/N

5.What do pokémon mean to you? "Pocket Monster".

6.Have you ever owned a pet? Y/N

The beginning was easy... then, of course...

Spoiler
    Show

33.Will you use pokémon for the betterment of society? What other use for them is there?

34.Could you take responsibility for your or another pokémon's death in battle? Will not battle to death

35.If you were running low on money and supplies, and the difference between eating and not eating was stealing another's pokémon, would you do it?

This one gave him some pause. Looking around, it didn't seem like anyone else was having trouble answering these quickly and truthfully. Were the questions the same for everyone?

Spoiler
    Show

35.If you were running low on money and supplies, and the difference between eating and not eating was stealing another's pokémon, would you do it? There are easier cons than stealing pokémon. Contests, for instance.

It wasn't the first honest answer he'd given on the questionnaire, but it was the hardest one to scratch out and write "No" on.

The rest of the papers were easy. One question referred to dream jobs, so he simply wrote, "Journalist". It was all a formality, anyways.

Once the last signature was done, he dumped the paperwork on the assistant's desk and received the standard issue equipment. He then stepped up to the lines of pokéballs and picked one completely at random. Following the instructions and activating the device, the pokéball shot forth a rather unfortunate little creature, mostly blue with a smidge of orange about the cheeks.

"Mud... Kip!" it told him as he formed from the red light, as if it meant anything.

Rolling his eyes, Fred shuffled through his memories for a decent name. Supposedly his parents were going to name him Cobain if the extended family hadn't talk them out of it, so that was as good a name for this unwanted thing as any.

"Listen up," he told the small freak of nature, "you will respond to the name of Cobain, okay?"

"Mud... Kip!" it responded, at exactly the same pitch and timing as before.

It seemed he might have gotten one of the broken ones. After all, how could it know English, anyways? Tired of seeing its miserable little face, Fred quickly put it back into the ball. What he really wanted to do involved scanning the room and checking trainers to the magazine.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first couple of people to catch his eye had a little green turtle and some sort of fire hazard of a lizard. While a group would need a girl to really obtain star power, the boy seemed to have the sort of accent that wouldn't work very well in interviews.

The next mark had some of the makings- his creature was some sort of curly-tailed piglet, and he seemed to be an excitable, red-blooded youth. That was, of course, until he wandered off on his own to mess with his pokédex. No, that wouldn't do. Fortune favoured the ignorant, or so his article said.

There was another shy sort of boy, but Fred never saw him. He was too busy looking at the bullseye right in front of him.

A tall young blond boy threw a pokéball in the air and caught it without any particular reason to do so. He moved over to a similarly disheveled-looking girl and rather than introduce himself first, he instead gave her a location. This was the man with the plan. He mentioned his father- trainers with knowledgable or missing fathers were the single most crucial qualifier in finding an up-and-coming contender. The only thing left to do was to get in with them as well.

Moving over to them, he decided to introduce himself as well. He didn't really care about their pokemon- some sort of flaming mole and a odd duck of a crocodile- but it'd be impolite to not at least remember what they look like. He walked in such a way to create a equilateral triangle with them, not releasing Cobain but ready to do so should he be asked.

"Hello," he started with the simplest of greetings, smiling all the while, "I couldn't help but overhear you talking about heading west. It's often said in traveler's magazines that you can't go wrong with three; there are indeed some interesting pokémon in that direction as well."

On the last point, Fred was talking out of his posterior. He was trying to come off as an intellectual- something this group would likely see as harmless, but necessary. Having found precisely what he was looking for, he extended his hand for a shake- but in his mind he envisioned it as if he was giving the bite of a snake.
    Last edited by Just_Ice; 2013-07-27 at 11:32 AM.
    Playground in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #25

BlackDragon

"We should head west. There's a restaurant a few towns that way that I've been hearing about."

"Wha.. head west?" Standing up to face the newcomer Celia was surprised and a bit confused by Kevin's abrupt entrance.

Keven huh.. Mr. Chuckles? That's adorable. Geuss traveling in a group is saf... WHAT!?

"Kick my ass!? You arrogant little..."
    She starts to take a step towards him, looking like she's about to start a fist fight instead of a pokemon battle, when Fred's timely arrival and offer to travel with them cuts her short.

"Yeah this knucklehead suggested going west. It doesn't sound like a bad idea. And I think I will travel with you Kevin, just so you can see a REAL trainer work." She folds her arms, smirking back at the taller trainer.

"I'm Celia by the way."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Joe watched as the others began to leave, and he wondered what he was waiting for: he had no travelling companions, and he'd said his good byes to professor Cypress. What was he waiting for?

He stood up, and followed one of the boys out of the building, and watched as a group began to form up. Joe approached them (Wes and Catelyn) and released Veyn, his Snivy, as a form of introduction.

"Hi, I'm Joe, I was one of the professor's assistants till this morning. Who are you guys?" He was trying to be friendly, and maybe glean an idea about where exactly he should be going: he really hadn't thought this through enough.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Leaning against a back wall as the trainers - many of them younger - sort themselves out, Marcus is feeling relaxed and pleased that he's finally here at all. Plenty of pokemon to go around! Outside the plate window behind him, excited trainers are starting to release their pokemon. He watches a loose ember drift through the air, only to get plastered against the window as some pokemon lets loose a cloud of mist. Of course he'd taken care of pokemon before, but there was a big difference between setting out some milktank feed and being a real trainer! Actually, he'd met plenty of trainers on the road before, but without a pokemon of his own, they'd always sort of looked right through him, as if he wasn't a real person yet. If he didn't challenge them to a battle as soon as he set eyes on them, they just weren't interested. Well, they'd be interested now!

In his pack, Marcus carried a very precious item. A tube, about a foot long, of opaque frosted glass or hard plastic, he wasn't sure which. He'd found it, sunk half into the mud, outside of an old factory he and some other kids had squatted at for a while. Surprised it wasn't already smashed after what looked like years of abandonment, he'd cleaned it up and wrapped it in an old newspaper. He'd been carrying it around for a long time now, just waiting for the right opportunity. "That's a pokemon item," he'd told the others when he found it. "For trainers." They'd suggested selling it, but if Marcus had been interested in money he wouldn't have gotten into the tramping business in the first place. He knew that someday it'd be worth it.

As the laboratory begins clearing out, he steps up to Professor Cypress at her desk. "Hi! I'm Marcus. I got a letter you sent a while ago. Hope I'm not too late." As he's filling out his paperwork - Address...let's just say Goldwater... - he unzips his pack and pulls out the tube, carefully folds the newspaper up and puts it back in. "I'd like a water type please. And do you think you could show me how to use this?" He eyes the available pokemon, and points. "Actually, I'd like that one, please. Squirtle. Can he learn Rain Dance?"
    Last edited by Sitzkrieg; 2013-07-27 at 11:27 AM.
    Pokemon: Shikoku Region
    OOC IC Marcus Goldwater

Pokemon: The End Times
    OOC IC
    These are my pokemons. Let me show you them.
    Beedrill Gastly Oddish

28. - Top - End - #28

Wes shakes the hands of both of the boys who approached him. "Hi there, I'm Wes," he says to the tepig trainer. "Looks like my turtwig is in a bind here, between these two fire-breathers! Heh..." He kneels down to scoop up his pokemon, who seems unphased by the heat of the fire around him. I don't think anyone would do something crazy the first day, but these people have no control over their pokemon yet. Best to protect you just in case...

"An assistant, huh?" Wes looks up at the new arrival, shading himself from the sun with one hand and extending his other out, "You must know a lot about these pokemon here. And you picked a grass-type, too, so I must have made the right choice with Sapjaw here!" He says with a smile, "The name's Wes. I'm from Ironback." A professor's assistant would make an amazing traveling partner. I don't know as much as I should about these creatures, but I bet he does! "Hey Joe, have you met up with anybody you're gonna take on Shikoku with yet?"
    Last edited by HotRoute; 2013-07-27 at 11:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Bob raises an eyebrow at the kids reaction.

What.. guess he really was tensed up...

"Nice to meet you too. I'm really not sure what to expect. I just hope it is a fit one, just like me. Muscles keep the mind strong!"

As they continue talking for a bit, the lines dwindle and Bob get's his turn. He is handed one of the pokeballs.

"So, poor thing, guess none of the others wanted you, huh? Don't worry, I'll take good care of you.", he says as he let's out the mon.

[flash] .... a sleeping Oshawatt appears ...

Bob's arms were outstretched to comfort the little thing, but it wants nothing of it. One of it's eyes open and it rolls onto it's other side.

".....yeah ... ok .... so, I guess you would be lazy natured right? .. Yep, I thought so. Well, we'll make it happen. Get it together. Work things out. .. you know."

"... zzzzzzz....", Oshawatt

"I'll call you Ozzy. We'll talk later." Bob returns Ozzy to his ball and turns to Warren. "And... what did you get?"
    Last edited by Moranica; 2013-07-27 at 12:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Joe smiled at Wes's pleasant greeting: "Well, I know some stuff. And I'm from... around. Yeah, I've been living in Goldvale for the past few months, but haven't really been out of here in a while: work's kept me busy you know. I haven't picked anyone yet. Maybe I'll see how we manage getting to the next town? Perhaps I'll see you guys there."

Joe paused as he looked towards the forest he'd have to pass through and muttered to himself, though loud enough that the others heard: "This is it: real pokemon battles in those woods and I don't know what to do..."
    Last edited by al'Lan Mandrag; 2013-07-27 at 12:52 PM.
    What pokemon are you:
    Spoiler
    Show