Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 444
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Here's the IC Thread!

    OOC Thread

    Sharn, City of Towers. It's the start of night, the dim light of everbright laterns along the walkways only seeming to make the shadows deeper. The paths and bridges are a confusing tangle, connecting the many spires and towers; though you, perhaps, know your way at least as far as your destination. The rain beats a heavy cadence on the surrounding buildings, a dull thrum amplified by the close buildings, and occasional lightening flashes throw your surroundings into sharp relief. Luckily, you need only get wet on occasion, as much of the middle city is overshadowed by the structures above. You find yourself near Kelsa Spire, with few other residents in sight.
    Last edited by Silver Night; 2013-07-29 at 03:02 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Elrysis slowly made his way through maze of the city, trying to keep the once nice outfit he wore safe from the rains relentless onslaught. The past several weeks had been grueling, and he was beginning to wonder why he had come to Sharn in the first place. He had found nothing about why he had been run out of Zilargo, or who this Harlan guy his mentor had told him about even was. And to top things off Aurelian had kept him late at the shop, again.

    "Thank the Host for the blessings they have bestowed upon me." he muttered to himself as he quickly ran through a sheet of rain. "Maybe I should just sit down a bit."

    This part of the city was mostly empty this late at night, and Elrysis easily found an empty bench not far from one of the nicer looking taverns. He carefully sat down his bag making sure not to spill the inks inside, and then reached into the pouch he kept at his waist. A grin crept across his face as he looked at the various coins inside. He closed it back up and returned it to his belt, leaning back on the bench.

    As he sat Elrysis casually pulled an oversize gold coin, emblazoned with the mark of the Sovereign Host, from his pocket and began twirling it through his fingers. "Its nice to know that you're still on my side Kol Korran." he said to no one, as he enjoyed the sound of the rain for a few more minutes.
    Last edited by ISitOnGnomes; 2013-07-31 at 11:00 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Kiv aka Karina

    Two human women make their way down the street, both tall and solidly built. The blonde half of the duo is clad in dark gray studded leather, with a rapier at her belt and a shortbow over the pack on her back. Her shoulder-length hair is held back with a black headband; as she passes an everbright lantern, her blue eyes and the light tan of her skin become evident. Karina stretches, rolling her shoulders in an attempt to get the kinks out of them. It's been a long day. She just wants to get home where she can get out of her damp armor, drop her shapechange and get some rest.

    A voice floats up from a tavern bench nearby, almost familiar. The inquisitive frowns slightly, searching her memory. I know that voice. Where have I heard him before? It's a small figure, either a halfling or a gnome. Gnome... aha, the House Sivis clerk! Karina turns to her sister. "I think that's Elrysis up there, Audrid. Let's go say hello and find out what he's doing out here!" Without waiting for a reply, she quickens her steps.

    "It is you! Hello, Elrysis." Karina smiles down at him. She wouldn't call him a friend, per se, but she likes the gnome. He doesn't ask too many questions when asked to 'replace' identification papers that were 'lost', as long as one includes a bit of extra gold with the request, and he's helped her follow paper trails during an investigation for a fee. "What are you doing out and about on a night like this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Cora Amakiir reclined against a bar in The Leaning Tower, nursing the last dregs of her glass of wine. At her feet sat a plain but serviceable pack, in which lay everything she could call her own in the world, and a sheathed long sword on a leather baldric. She wore a pair of sturdy black boots, which laced nearly up to her knees, over top of a plain pair of black leather breeches. A wide brown leather belt covered the point where her black cotton shirt tucked into her breeches, and the tight fitting deep crimson vest she wore over it served to accent the vibrant violet of her eyes; while her long flowing jet black hair blended well with the rest of her image. Overall she was a very striking figure, one which a tavern such as this would see rarely, if ever.

    “Well boys I do think it’s about time for me to be making my way home.” She said to the small crowd of young local men who had gathered to seek her favor, flashing them a brilliant smile at the disappointed looks they tried to hide. Fitting the baldric across her chest, so the hilt of her sword was in reach over her right shoulder should she need it; Cora hefted her pack onto her back glancing towards the young shifter just to her side, who had been doing her best to ignore the crowd gathered by her friend.

    Cora smiled to herself at the image the pair of them must make, the lithe elven girl who could only be called hauntingly beautiful, and her partner the reserved young shifter with the solid and powerful build. Yet despite all the difference between the two of them, Pum was the only person in this City of Towers whom Cora would call a friend; she had stuck her neck out for the young elf on her first day in the city, and that was not something Cora would forget soon. “Shall we go then Pum?”

    Without waiting to see if her friend would follow Cora pushed off from the bar, her black hair flowing back slightly before one hand pulled it down over her left shoulder, mostly hiding the glittering crimson mark on her neck. She stepped out of the tavern and into the rainy night, her elven eyes allowing her to clearly see the small group gathered at a nearby bench by the dim light of the everbright lanterns.
    Last edited by Sidwwinder2k; 2013-07-30 at 01:01 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Going to the pub with Cora was a social highlight for Pum. Even though she restricted conversations to those with Cora, she would listen in on her friend talking with others. She talks a lot, as do the males that want to gather around her. Sometimes it sounds like a game Pum does not understand. She learns a lot on these occasions. Sometimes, when Pum drinks too much of the alcohol thing, she becomes talking Pum. She does not like that, because talking Pum talks too much and does silly things. So, tonight she only drank two alcohol and a lot of water.

    As often, Pum had spent the night in a relatively shady spot, trying to make it not too obvious she was trying to avoid eye-contact with strangers. Other people in the pub would regularly see the girl with the sideburns, which is weird but kind of cute, staring at the wall with a big grin on her face when someone around her had said something she thought was odd.

    Cora is ready to leave, which is okay. Pum looks outside and answers. "Yes. The rain is falling." The Shifter gathers her backpack and axe and fumbles with her bow before she turns around, dons her hooded cloak, speeds past Cora's company and mumbles a swift: "Bye."

    Outside the rain provides all the distraction Pum needs. Hopping and leaping over puddles is so much fun, it is a mystery why city folk don't do that all the time. After having jumped over a particularly large puddle, Pum waits for Cora and peers at the small body of water. Then, when Cora catches up, she looks at the Elf. "Cora? Can Elves swim?"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Elrysis was lost in thought, staring at the flickering coin rolling through his fingers. This only made the sudden jolt back to the dismal city street that much more jarring. Did someone say my name? He quickly pocketed the coin and glanced around, noticing that his private sitting area had become a bit busier.

    "Oh, hello... Karina? I'm awful with names. And I'm afraid yours slips my mind entirely. I'm sorry." He bowed in his seat gesturing Karina's companion. "I've been at the Bureau since sunup. Thought I'd sit here a bit, try to think about things a little. It's better than walking through the rain, at least."

    As he spoke he kept an eye on the shifter and its female friend leaving the nearby bar. He had already been surprised once tonight.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Cora walked along behind her friend, watching Pum leap over puddles while trying to stay out of the rain as much as possible. The exuberance of the young shifter's antics brought a smile to her face, it was proof that happiness could be found in the simplest of places, even here in this dreary city. She picked her way around the large puddle Pum was staring into, careful not to step into the deeper sections.

    Her friend's question caused a dark look to pass quickly through Cora's violet eyes at the reminder of what caused her to leave home in the first place. The shores of Valenar were a very long way off from Sharn and this City of Towers, while she was forced to call it home for now, was nothing like the home where she grew up.

    The look passed quickly to be replaced with the smile again, and Cora laughed warmly at the innocence of her friend's question. "Well Pum, elves are like anyone else I suppose really, some are quite good swimmers and others well... well others aren't..."

    Cora glanced up towards the small group gathered in the dim light nearby the bench, flashing one of her friendliest smiles as she stroked her hair down over her left shoulder again self consciously. It was always better to put your best foot forward with strangers on the streets of Sharn she had found, even in as nice a part of the city as this, and especially this late at night.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California, USA

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Hez / Audrid

    Audrid Sieran, second half of the duo of human inquisitives, walks comfortably through the rain in a long black trench coat, water coasting off the edge of her broad-brimmed hat. Her features are largely in shadow, the lanterns occasionally revealing just the angle of her jaw or the blade of her nose. Even so, despite her much darker eyes and hair, the physical resemblance to her sister is striking both in terms of features and body language.

    Her coat is buttoned all the way up and she doesn't appear to be wearing armor, but the tip of a crossbow can be seen rising from behind her right shoulder. Used to looking for trouble, she glances around in a cursory way as she walks, but she's calm tonight. She likes the darkness, when imperfections are not so present to the eye, and (if she hasn't been working the night shift at the bar) she has the comfort of knowing a long day is coming to an end.

    At Karina's words, Audrid focuses her attention and looks towards the gnome. Ah, yes, that's Elrysis the clerk; she recognizes him. She's only met him once, in the context of an investigation, but Karina's mentioned him. He's been quite helpful with papers, if she remembers correctly.

    She lengthens her step to catch up with her sister and nods politely. "Evening, Elrysis." Before saying anything further she's distracted by movement out of the corner of her eye. A shifter and an elf, she sees. The shifter is clearly having fun playing around the puddles. Audrid watches with interest, always keen to observe how people move, how they act, what they look like - especially people who don't seem burdened by self-consciousness.
    Last edited by Cognomen; 2013-07-30 at 05:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Mialee (Eg) skips through the rain. The water streaks down the surrounding canyon of buildings making silvery grey puddles all around. A sudden flash of lightning pulls a squeak from the half-elf before she giggles and continues.

    She loved exploring the city even though her purse was usually empty of coin to spare. Work at the Barrel Strike was steady but the pay wasn't much. She had two free meals a day and a place to lay her head if she ever needed one though and that was a lot.

    Tonight was supposed to go a bit different. The plan was to meet a new friend out a new night spot for a few creative drinks and then out to a late dinner at an exclusive restaurant in Upper Menthis. She had a nice dress and her good black boots fresh from repair. Her sword at her hip just accented the look she thought, giving her sweetness just a touch of danger.

    Miralee had arrived at the bar to find her new friend six drinks ahead of her, grabby and broke. She ducked out shortly and decided to walk around for a while before going to get some Marches Barbeque for takeout with her roommate. Her roommate would probably hope to go with Eg.

    The storm picks up for a moment and she huddles under the awning of a closed shoe shop near the Kelsa Spire to wait for a break. The torches flicker over the water on the streets and make parts almost look like molten liquid pouring down into city below where some might even drip into the furnaces of the cogs.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    You all hear a short, sharp cry, quickly cut off. The direction it came from is difficult to determine in the rain, but a look around shows you a figure slumped on the bridge that leads to the Kelsa Spire (opposite you).

    Eg and Kiv:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You also see a brief flash of movement - perhaps another figure, darting away into the darkness among the shadows that haunt the edges of the pools of lantern light along the bridges sides.


    Anyone who gets closer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The slumped figure on the bridge turns out to be a corpse. Fresh blood mixes with the rainwater, making it faintly pinkish under the dim light of the lanterns. There is a leather satchel still clutched in the decedent's hand.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Kiv aka Karina

    "Oh my gods!" Karina wastes no time running toward the source of the cry. She sees movement- likely the perpetrator- in the darkness, but right now somebody's in trouble and needs help. "Does anyone have a light? Poor bugger's too far from the lanterns for me to make out details." And details are the soul of an investigation. She could cast a light spell, but she can only cast any kind of spell twice a day. If they're lucky, someone else here is a spellcaster. Spotting the diluted blood, the inquisitive kneels upstream of the bloodflow as she checks the victim over. "Audrid, do you hear anything?" In this kind of situation, 'hear anything' is Kiv-and-Hez code for hearing thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Pum

    Pum's head swirls around as she hears the cry. "Look!" She points at the bridge to point out the obvious to Cora. "Can we go have a look?" Now it is Pum's turn to not wait for an answer and she darts off towards the bridge. "Come!"
    Avatar by Recaiden

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Cora Amakiir

    Hearing the scream quickly cut off in the night Cora glances in the direction the sound came from. -Likely another cutpurse receiving justice.- she thinks to herself, but seeing other bystanders moving to help she decides to follow the others standing nearby. Following her friend Pum, Cora easily finds where other bystanders are gathering, her elven eyes allowing her to see easily in the dim light.

    As she approaches what appears to be a body, coming up behind the human woman, Cora notices the satchel still clutched in the man's hands and takes it from his rapidly cooling fingers, while making a cursory examination of his person to see what other clues might be found. "What's this he's carrying?" she wonders aloud for the benefit of those standing nearby.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (Search) to see if there's anything else: (1d20+2)[19]

    Whether there is anything or not, Cora will open the satchel out of the rain to see whats inside.
    Last edited by Sidwwinder2k; 2013-07-31 at 12:52 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Elrysis Elrynian Sivis

    "I really need to pray more to Olladra." Elrysis slowly stands, looking around at the commotion. Everyone was rushing to the body, except one."Just like the big people to rush into death." He mused.

    Lifting the small bag onto his back, the gnome began to make his way towards the bridge. "I suppose none of you thought to bring a torch?" He yelled to the gathering group. As he waved his hands, whispering a word of magic, four glowing white orbs burst to life around the bridge, casting light over the entire gruesome scene.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting:Dancing lights SLA
    Last edited by ISitOnGnomes; 2013-07-31 at 02:30 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    The corpse appears to be an older, human male. In his pocket you find identification papers: Bonal Geldem, Provost, School of Pre-Galifar Studies at Morgrave University. There is no wound apparent on his front, but the blood suggests that it wasn't anything subtle, perhaps on his back. He is also carrying 10 silver and 2 gold pieces.

    The satchel is well made, stylish, and has his initials on it. Perhaps a gift? Inside there are 6 pieces of fine paper, quills, ink, an apple, and a small journal.

    You have time to see a few glints of some sort of metallic thread on the cover of the journal, but a more detailed examination will have to wait until later...

    A hooded figure hops up over the railing, from under the side of the bridge! A battleaxe shines in the sullen light, cutting through the rain. The hood falls back to reveal a warforged with a mad glint in her eyes.

    Elrysis and Cora:

    Spoiler
    Show
    You both heard a scraping sound just before the hooded figure sprang its trap. You can take an action during the surprise round. Everyone else is flat footed.


    The attacker swings at Pum, perhaps seeing in her the greatest threat!

    Spoiler
    Show


    Attack: (1d20+4)[7]

    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]



    It's a mighty swing, but the warforged is still off-balance from the leap over the railing onto the bridge, and she slips: the axe swings past and strikes sparks from the ground. Her attention seems almost to be more on the satchel than on the fight.
    Last edited by Silver Night; 2013-07-31 at 03:05 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Cora pockets the few coins the man was carrying -They won't be doing much good where he's gone...- before beginning to take a look through the contents of the pouch.

    Hearing the scraping a split second before the appearance of the mad warforged, Cora reacts to defend her friend Pum the only way she can. Focusing deep down into the core of her being, she unlocks the energy surging within her blood, her eyes releasing a soft glow as a lance of crackling violet energy discharges from her hand towards the enemy.

    "Look out!" she calls, warning the other curious bystanders of the attack.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Spear Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

    Crit Confirm if Needed: (1d20+5)[16]
    Crit Damage if Needed: (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by Sidwwinder2k; 2013-07-31 at 03:17 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Elrysis Elrynian Sivis

    "A lot more praying to Olladra." He mutters. This night was definitely a change in pace from how things had been going, but not exactly in the direction the small gnome particularly wanted. Things were getting out of hand fast.

    Elrysis makes a gesture and begins speaking to the mechanical being, his voice seeming to carry over the raucous assault. "Your quarrel is not with us friend. Lower your arms and we might come to an agreement."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting: Charm Person; DC 15 Will, He gets a +5 to the save if we are considered to be threatening him

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    The warforged is seared by Cora's bolt of arcane power, and Elrysis's words seem to have little effect!


    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, seriously bedtime for me. Everyone can post, in any order, their turn for the first full round here, and there will be another DM post once everyone gets their licks in.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Pum

    "Hey!" Startled, Pum releases a surprisingly low grunt and lets her feral fury take over. She draws her axe and swings at the machine-man.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Activating frenzy (and not shifting): +2 AC, reflex and +4 Strength

    Drawing weapon (move)

    Greataxe (1d20+6)[15] (+2 if flanking)
    Damage (1d12+7)[19]
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2013-07-31 at 06:28 AM.
    Avatar by Recaiden

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Mialee rushes across to the group hoping to be of some help. At first to provide aid but by the time she arrives, to bear witness it seems.

    The body, so still and the blood, it was murder? And who took off into the night? She wished she had a better look.

    Mialee starts to clear her throat to announce herself when a maniac clambers out from under the bridge and attacks! "Excu.. Look out!" she cries and draws her own thin rapier.

    A shifter was already moving to intercept the attacker, a warforged with an axe. [COLOR="rgb(255, 140, 0)"]"Did the war start again and no one mention it?"[/COLOR]
    Mialee moved to try and flank the attacker and hopefully end this quickly.
    Last edited by AlphaCharlie; 2013-07-31 at 07:36 AM. Reason: I before c

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Attack roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the off chance that Pum didn't just separate this Warforged into it's original components...


    To Hit (1d20-1)[17]
    Damage (1d6-1)[5]
    Sneak Attack (1d6)[4]

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by AlphaCharlie; 2013-07-31 at 08:36 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Elrysis, never one for a brawl, quickly darts away from any immediate danger. He looks back to the fight, his hand moving to grab his sling. He watches as the shifter deftly handles the machine's brutal attack, and as some other stranger joines the attack, and attempts to outmaneuver their surprise attacker. The gnome put away the strip of leather. Anything I do with that would probably just end up hurting something that isn't trying to kill me.
    Last edited by ISitOnGnomes; 2013-07-31 at 10:43 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Cora Amakiir

    Seeing that Pum seems to have the crazed warforged handled, Cora backs away still holding the satchel, hoping to put some distance between herself and the attacker. Once she has, she blasts the enemy with another surge of eldritch power from her free hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming of course that Pum didn't just OMGWTFBBQ the thing...

    Eldritch Blast Touch Attack: (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]

    Crit Confirm: (1d20+5)[17]
    Crit Damage: (1d6)[2]

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    California, USA

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Hez / Audrid

    Audrid runs after her sister, towards the corpse. At Karina's question, Audrid glances around briefly, since in order to read the emotions of nearby people she will need to be able to see them; she sees the elf taking up the satchel and raises an eyebrow. Her eyes then narrow in concentration and she is on the verge of manifesting a power when the warforged suddenly attacks.

    The unarmored inquisitive scrambles back from the fray (though she makes certain to stay within fifteen or twenty feet of the combatants if possible). Watching the fight carefully, she once again prepares to manifest.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm going to assume there isn't time for Hez/Audrid to move, concentrate and manifest this round, but hopefully she does have time to concentrate. Concentration check time!
    Concentrate: (1d20+3)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    The warforged dodges Pum's strike - but not quickly enough. The blow from the shifter's greataxe hits her hip, and slams the warforged down next to the corpse, a huge rent leaving her lower half almost detached from her upper half. Eg and Cora finish her almost before she stops bouncing.

    As abruptly as the attack started, it is over. Splinters of wood and stone scattered from the attacker mingle with the blood of her victim. Before you can react, a final messenger bursts from the chest of the warforged, like a glittering mechanical hummingbird. It zips away into the night and is almost instantly lost from sight.

    You have more immediate problems. Brief though the battle was, there were already shouts of 'Call the Watch!' and 'Murder! Someone's being killed!' before the second body hit the ground. The whistles of the Watch are already approaching from all sides.

    The coppers will be arriving shortly. You probably have a few moments to polish your story, or to examine the situation, before you will need to start answering questions.
    Last edited by Silver Night; 2013-07-31 at 10:48 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Kiv aka Karina

    It all happened so fast... Karina was just getting to her feet, hand on her rapier hilt, when Enraged Shifter With Greataxe met Enraged Warforged and won quite decisively. As the whistles and shouts go up, the inquisitive lets out a particularly pungent Orcish curse. "Okay, I hope you all have good reasons for being here, because the city guard is not going to be happy with us." She looks up at the gathering, running a hand through her damp hair.

    "I don't know about anyone else, but I think I'll stick with the truth. There are too many unknown variables here. Audrid and I are licensed inquisitives; hopefully we can get onto the case of the unfortunate Bonal Geldem here." Karina gestures to the human's corpse. "This smells like a setup to me. Although what kind of setup... the warforged just doesn't fit. They would have been better off just leaving us be; several of us are visibly armed and presumably know how to fight, so having the warforged charge us only got the guards here sooner." The Sieran sisters have investigated murders before, but being a suspect? This is a new and unwelcome experience.

    Think about the nature of the crime later, gather evidence now. The guards will be here any minute. Fortunately, Elrysis has provided light. Karina goes through the crime scene, with special attention to the Provost's notebook, hunting for clues in the short time she has left.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check with the Investigate feat to find clues.
    (1d20+4)[24]
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    NinjaGirl

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Kiv:

    Spoiler
    Show
    The apple, paper, ink, and pens appear to be just what they seem.

    The journal is of a size to fit easily in a pocket. The cover is a dark brown leather, threaded through with metallic thread - you recognize it as mithral. The metallic embroidery forms a sort of symbol or design on the front, which you don't recognize.

    Inside, every page is blank. The pages don't seem to be paper, but something else, something with an odd feel to it, almost slick. While the journal isn't in any way damaged, or even particularly worn, it gives a definite impression of age.

    As you finish your search, you find 1 platinum piece secreted in a small pouch sewn into the satchel, along with a ring made out of something that might be wood or bone. There is a single symbol on the ring, which you can't identify.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Phasm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Kiv aka Karina

    Karina whips out her own notebook and pen, copying down the symbols on the notebook's cover and on the ring with notes on the overall appearance of the two objects. Ordinarily she wouldn't hesitate to pocket them both (and the platinum piece), but there are four strangers watching. One of them is bound to snitch or let something slip when the guard interrogates them. With a slight, wistful sigh, the inquisitive puts the objects back where she found them. If it turns out we really need the notebook or ring for our own investigation, I'll impersonate one of the guards and sneak them out of the evidence room. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Cora Amakiir

    As the shouts begin to sound off in the distance, evidence of the coming police response, Cora closes her eyes focusing upon the power running through her, and sealing it away again until the moment she will need it again. Opening her eyes the young elf watches the human girl searching through the satchel and leaves her to it, she is obviously far more experienced with gleaning evidence from the belongings of the recently deceased.

    "The truth is as good a story as any. I hope as licensed Inquisitives you'll be able to cover for my friend and I, as well as the rest of our small group. After all, I would hope that it is clear none of us had anything to do with what happened here tonight..." Cora says, smiling wryly at the young woman, trying to be as friendly as she can under the circumstances. "I'm Cora Amakiir, and this shifter who so deftly solved our shared problem is my friend Pum. Perhaps we can assist in the investigation of what happened here tonight?"

    She extends her right hand in a gesture of friendly greeting, her other hand deftly sweeps some of her flowing jet black hair over her left shoulder subconsciously, mostly covering the glittering crimson mark at the side of her throat.
    Last edited by Sidwwinder2k; 2013-08-01 at 01:22 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jyväskylä, Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Eberron Starter Game

    Pum

    Pum sees that after her heavy blow, the machine-man is now broken. At first, though, she keeps her axe raised and looks around, adrenaline still racing through her veins. When it turns out that everyone else here is friendly, she lowers her axe and starts breathing heavily as sweat mixes with the raindrops on her face.

    She stares down at the street and only produces a short "Hai Pum" when Cora introduces her.
    Avatar by Recaiden

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •