Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Zinc Saucier XVI: Cobra Commander Edition

Welcome one and all to the sixteenth Zinc Saucier challenge, where Playgrounders come to test their skill in the art of beautiful and bizarre (and bizarrely beautiful) builds, summoning a savory dish of superb swordplay and sublime sorcery.

The challenge? To come up with a build that has the same abilities and feel as the Secret Ingredient WITHOUT actually using it!

For the sixteenth challenge why did it have to be snakes? prepare to charm those reptiles, from Serpent Kingdoms, it's the Master of Vipers!

Our challengers will have about 2 weeks to build a complete build up to level 20 using a 32 point buy and all official WOTC D&D 3.5 materials (excluding dragon magazine, but including any WOTC online enhancements) with the abilities and feel of a Master of Vipers without actually using any levels in it. Competitors will receive a total of 209,999 experience points, expressly permitting LA buy-off or other tricks.

Entries must be submitted by Sunday, 11:59pm GMT, 11 August, 2013. As usual, please submit your entries via private message to the chairman, so as not to influence the other sauciers.

Judges will then have until Sunday, 11:59pm GMT, 25 August, 2013, to post scores for all dishes.

Contestants will be judged and awarded a score out of 5 in each of 4 categories;

* Innovation (Uniqueness in character concept, race, class, etc)
    * Power (How powerful and versatile it is compared to the base class)
    * Elegance (What can only be described as how well the build "flows", i.e not using lots of 1-2lv dips, sacrificing flavour for power or using flaws)
    * Ingredient (How well the build captures the abilities and feel of the base class)

Presentation would be best in the style of how the iron chef does their presentations, however any style is allowed so long as it is clear on how the build was made.

Recommended style:
    Spoiler
    Show
    NAME OF ENTRY
    {table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

2nd|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

3rd|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

4th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

5th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

6th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

7th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

8th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

9th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

10th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

11th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

12th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

13th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

14th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

15th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

16th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

17th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

18th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

19th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x

20th|New Class Level|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities[/table]

Copy and Paste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [b]NAME OF ENTRY[/b]
    {table=head][b]Level[/b]|[b]Class[/b]|[b]Base Attack Bonus[/b]|[b]Fort Save[/b]|[b]Ref Save[/b]|[b]Will Save[/b]|[b]Skills[/b]|[b]Feats[/b]|[b]Class Features[/b]

1st|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

2nd|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

3rd|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

4th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

5th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

6th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

7th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

8th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

9th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

10th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

11th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

12th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

13th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

14th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

15th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

16th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

17th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

18th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

19th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

20th|New Class Level|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|[center]+x[/center]|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities[/table]

For entries with spellcasting, use the following table for Spells per day and Spells Known. (Spells Known only if necessary, i.e. Sorcerer or Bard, but not Wizard or Warmage). For other systems (Psionics, ToB, Incarnum, etc.) keep track of PP/maneuvers/essentia separately, preferably in a nice neat list, similar to this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells per day/Spells Known
    {table=head]Level|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

5th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

6th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

7th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

8th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

9th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

10th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

11th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

12th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

13th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

14th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

15th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

16th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

17th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

19th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

20th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-[/table]

Copy and Paste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [b]Spells per day/Spells Known[/b]
    {table=head][b]Level[/b]|[b]0lvl[/b]|[b]1st[/b]|[b]2nd[/b]|[b]3rd[/b]|[b]4th[/b]|[b]5th[/b]|[b]6th[/b]|[b]7th[/b]|[b]8th[/b]|[b]9th[/b]

1st|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

5th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

6th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

7th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

8th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

9th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

10th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

11th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

12th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

13th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

14th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

15th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

16th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

17th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

19th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

20th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-[/table]

Please do not post details of your build on the board before it is ready, so as not to spoil the surprise for others.

Sauciers may submit as many builds as they want but please don't use leadership, as we don't want to overfeed the judges.

Previous challenges;
    1. Soulknife
    2. Bard
    3. Monk
    4. Assassin
    5. Barbarian
    6. Warlock
    7. Paladin
    8. Warblade
    9. Pyrokineticist
    10. Ninja
    11. Druid
    12. True Necromancer
    13. Dervish
    14. Whisperknife
    15. Epic Infiltrator

This competition is inspired by the Playground Iron Chef Competitions and uses mostly identical rules.

Also it comes with double prize money.

Allez Sauciers!
    Last edited by mattie_p; 2013-07-30 at 10:57 PM.
    This forum may use my name, simulated likeness, and/or words for any entertainment purposes or signature quotes.

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier. It is just like Iron Chef but comes with double the prize money.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:
    Eglath - 2nd Place Iron Chef XXXII

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Zinc Saucier XVI: Cobra Commander Edition

A few administrative notes:

Competitors will be free to use any official 3.5 rulebook in constructing their builds. Dragon magazine is disallowed, and Unearthed Arcana is allowed; but see Elegance below. Web-exclusive 3.0 or 3.5 materials by WotC are expressly allowed, but take care to verify that an updated version did not appear in print elsewhere, as this may cause an Elegance deduction at the judges' discretion. Alternate rule systems from UA such as gestalt are not allowed, as they create a different playing field. Also, item familiars are forbidden because I hate 'em.

Power level is up to you. Cheese is acceptable, but should be kept to a sane level unless you're showcasing a new TO build you've discovered. In the words of one of my predecessors, a little cheddar can be nice, but avoid the mature Gruyere unless you're making a cheese fondue.

Elegance could bear a little elaboration. It basically measures how skillfully you put your build together, and whether you sacrificed flavor for power. We're cooking here - if your dish doesn't taste good, it doesn't matter how well-presented it is. Use of flaws is an automatic loss of one point per flaw in this category. Other things that will cause lost points here are excessive multiclassing, and classes that don't fit the concept - using Cloistered Cleric in a front-line melee fighter, for example, may lose you points. Please note the following: a legal source's relative obscurity should not be considered as penalizing Elegance, excepting the aforementioned issues with Unearthed Arcana. Using too many sources may be an Elegance deduction at the judges' discretion, but a book's relative obscurity may not.

Is Dragon Compendium Allowed? Yes, but individual issues of Dragon Magazine are not.

What about 3.0 materials? 3.0 materials, whether online or in printed form, are allowed unless they've been officially updated to a 3.5 edition.

Are Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Planescape, Dark Sun, or Kingdoms of Kalamar allowable sources? The Dragonlance Campaign Setting is allowed, but the subsequent books for Dragonlance are considered 3rd party, and are therefore not eligible, despite the "WotC approved" status of those books. The same holds for Oriental Adventures (1st party) and the subsequent Rokugan books (3rd party). Materials from Ravenloft, Planescape, Dark Sun, and Kingdoms of Kalamar are considered 3rd party for purposes of this contest, and are therefore not allowed.

What about online sources in general? If the online source is a) published by WotC, and b) not replaced by an updated version at a later time, it is eligible. Use it, link it.

Where's the line drawn with "acceptable/unacceptable" for Unearthed Arcana? This will likely vary a bit from Chairman to Chairman. Item Familiars and Gestalt have always been verboten, since before IC migrated to GitP; don't expect that to change. Flaws have similarly always been noted as warranting a deduction; while I am Chairman, I'm extending that to Traits, though they warrant 1/2 the penalty in Elegance that a Flaw would because they're roughly 1/2 as useful. Alternate spell systems, alternate skill systems and alternate crafting rules all create an uneven playing field, and as such, will be disallowed for as long as I am Chairman. Bloodlines are ripe for abuse, and will be strongly discouraged as long as I am Chairman. Note that judges are allowed to look askance at any use of Unearthed Arcana not specifically mentioned above, at their discretion, and otherwise penalize Elegance according to their preference.

Level adjustment buy-off (from Unearthed Arcana) is expressly permitted in this particular competion, because you are granted a set experience point total of 209,999 to use. What you do with it is up to you.

What, exactly, does the ban on Leadership mean? As folks have started to try to work around the edges of this one, I'm forced to spell it out more plainly. No Leadership, Draconic Cohort, or Feats that grant a similar ability are allowed EXCEPT Wild Cohort while I am chairman. Any PrC you choose with Leadership or a Leadership-analog has that ability entirely ignored for this contest, as it may neither be used nor traded away via any means whatsoever.

What's the minimum score in a category? Assuming an entry is legal, the minimum score in any category is 1. If a judge is convinced that an entry is illegal by the RAW, the judge may give a 0 or decline to score a given entry. Because this contest focuses on Player Characters, an entry that is not technically allowed for a PC, but is viable as an NPC, counts as a legal entry, but may receive a minimum score at the judges' discretion.

Do I have to be a Yuan-ti? In the spirit of the competition, you don't have to be a Yuan-ti, but whatever race/class you select should mimic the racial abilities/traits of a Yuan-ti in order to receive the highest scores. Judges should consider baseline abilities to mimic to include both the class and Yuan-ti racial abilities.

A thread for your amusement/edification:

Handy Tips for the Iron Chef in the Playground Noob
    Last edited by mattie_p; 2013-07-31 at 12:39 AM.
    This forum may use my name, simulated likeness, and/or words for any entertainment purposes or signature quotes.

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier. It is just like Iron Chef but comes with double the prize money.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Should be easy enough. I actually have a rather silly idea for this one.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh well, I don't have Serpent Kingdoms on hand. Either it is in one of the innumerable boxes which was the inevitable result of my moving, or I deliberately avoided that book for... reasons...

/twitch

So I shall not be able to compete in this edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I will be happy to judge for this one, like I said before.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Should be easy enough. I actually have a rather silly idea for this one.
    Great, glad to have you back for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Ahh well, I don't have Serpent Kingdoms on hand. Either it is in one of the innumerable boxes which was the inevitable result of my moving, or I deliberately avoided that book for... reasons...

/twitch

So I shall not be able to compete in this edition.
    No worries. Perhaps we shall have you back next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZamielVanWeber View Post
    I will be happy to judge for this one, like I said before.
    Glad to have fresh meat set of eyes participating.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Crashing through the night
    Comes a fearful cry
    Cobra! Cobra! Cobra! Cobra!
    Armies of the night
    Evil taking flight
    No where to run
    No where to hide
    Panic spreading far and wide
    Who can turn the tide?

I'll be sure to enter this one

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dysprosium View Post
    Crashing through the night
    Comes a fearful cry
    Armies of the night
    Evil taking flight
    No where to run
    No where to hide
    Panic spreading far and wide
    Who can turn the tide?

I'll be sure to enter this one
    Just for this, I'm tempted to find the damn book and find a way to use [redacted] with [Friend Computer loves you] and [Carry On, Citizen].
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Just for this, I'm tempted to find the damn book and find a way to use [redacted] with [Friend Computer loves you] and [Carry On, Citizen].
    Do it, you know you want to. Of course, actually you don't need the book at all. You're just replicating the class, so you could just find some stuff that lets you boss snakes around and call it a day

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting. I can see a couple ways to do this. [Redacted] mimics this almost perfectly, but is probably obvious. On the other hand [also redacted] is more interesting, but mimicking of the Master of Viper's abilities will be challenging.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2013-08-01 at 06:56 PM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Double checked my books and I do not have Serpent Kingdoms, so I cannot compete, nor judge. Ah well, guess I will watch with anticipation!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Double checked my books and I do not have Serpent Kingdoms, so I cannot compete, nor judge. Ah well, guess I will watch with anticipation!
    Interesting. Well, I promise to pick a less obscure sourcebook for the next one, then.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by mattie_p View Post
    Interesting. Well, I promise to pick a less obscure sourcebook for the next one, then.
    Oh, please, don't pick the ingredient on my account. I'm fine just sitting back and looking at what people come up with.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Oh, please, don't pick the ingredient on my account. I'm fine just sitting back and looking at what people come up with.
    No worries, but at least two possible competitors stated they don't have access to this book. I have to think of the audience.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

15. - Top - End - #15

Well, this is proving more difficult than I first thought. I'll have a build done not I won't be as confident in it as I would like.

That is unless I tweak it a little better . . . tweak . . . tweak

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

There is still time remaining. Although it does seem I chose I relatively obscure book for the class. Can't please everyone unless the ingredient comes from the SRD, it seems.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

There is still time remaining. Although it does seem I chose I relatively obscure book for the class. Can't please everyone unless the ingredient comes from the SRD, it seems.
    That would be a way to significantly increase the number of people who participated.

Also I never though of Serpent Kingdoms as extremely obscure (though maybe because of Pun Pun).
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2013-08-05 at 10:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

I really like the idea here. I have little ability to build (but who knows, if I get inspired, maybe I'll try), but even if I don't, I'll look forward to seeing what people make.
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TerrickTerran View Post
    I really like the idea here. I have little ability to build (but who knows, if I get inspired, maybe I'll try), but even if I don't, I'll look forward to seeing what people make.
    I, too, enjoy seeing what the competitors enter as approximations of the secret ingredient. In fact, a couple of months ago I decided to find my first post in the forums, as I had been lurking for a little before I posted. It was to enter this self-same competition.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

I am legitimately excited to see what people will cook up.

21. - Top - End - #21

Working hard on my build. Most of the table is done.

Going to make it all fluffy . . .

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Fluffy is good.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, no time to build for this. Damn, I had a neat idea.

OH well, guess that I'll judge this round.

The Power of the Orient: A Wu Jen Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S. Kemp
    Frankly, I think the designers and novelists did great work in the post-Spellplague Realms. But, in the end, this wasn’t a new setting. It was the Realms, the Realms 100 years later, and therein lay the problem.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Fluff is a great way to impress the judges! Also, bribery. Bribery works wonders.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh, I've been too busy helping people move and painting etc.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

26. - Top - End - #26

Just submitted my build. Hope you like it!

Good luck everyone!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

A little under 24 hours left, need to gauge who is left to enter. I have one maybe, and one full entry so far.

I will try to choose a more accessible book next time, it seems this one is hard to find amongst interested competitors. Core + Completes. Any other books that would interest sauciers?

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

A little under 24 hours left, need to gauge who is left to enter. I have one maybe, and one full entry so far.

I will try to choose a more accessible book next time, it seems this one is hard to find amongst interested competitors. Core + Completes. Any other books that would interest sauciers?
    I would be interested in a Tome of Battle competition. I just love that book so much.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2013-08-11 at 12:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well, the time for entries being surpassed according to my timepiece, the period for unveiling has begun. Please refrain from posting until all entries are here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Try this on for size, boys.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baroness
    Baroness Anastasia Cisarovna

Basics
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Do you like snakes? Well you are going to love me . . ."

NE female human afflicted wereserpent Archivist 10/Snakelord 5
    32 point buy
    humanoid form: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 14
    hybrid/animal form: Str 14, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 14
    all level ability increases go to Intelligence

Build
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|Class|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|Level Adjustment +1|
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |Iron Will (B), Toughness (B)| alternate form, constrict (1d3+6), curse of lycanthropy, DR 5/silver, improved grab, low light vision, scent, serpent empathy
    2nd| Level Adjustment +2|
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -
    |
    -

3rd|Archivist 1|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    | Decipher Script 2, Handle Animal 2, Knowledge (arcana) 4, Knowledge (dungeoneering) 4, Knowledge (history) 4, Knowledge (nature) 4, Knowledge (religion) 4, Profession (scribe) 2, Search 2, Spellcraft 2|Archivist of Nature, Scribe Scroll (B), Snake Blood |dark knowledge (tactics) 3/day

4th|Serpent HD 1|
    +0
    |
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    | Balance 1, Escape Artist 1, Hide 1, Listen 1, Spot 1| |

5th|Archivist 2|
    +1
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +3
    | Handle Animal +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) 1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Spellcraft +1|Knowledge Devotion|lore mastery

6th|Serpent HD 2|
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    | Balance +1, Escape Artist +1, Hide +1, Listen +1, Spot +1| |

7th|Archivist 3|
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    +4
    |
    +3
    | Handle Animal +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) 1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Spellcraft +1| |dark knowledge 4/day

8th|Serpent HD 3|
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Balance +1, Escape Artist +1, Hide +1, Listen +1, Spot +1|Draconic Archivist|
    9th|Archivist 4|
    +4
    |
    +7
    |
    +4
    |
    +5
    | Handle Animal +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) 1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Spellcraft +1| |still mind
    10th|Archivist 5|
    +4
    |
    +7
    |
    +4
    |
    +5
    | Decipher Script +1, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +1| |dark knowledge (puissance)
    11th|Archivist 6|
    +5
    |
    +8
    |
    +5
    |
    +6
    | Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +1|Combat Reflexes|dark knowledge 5/day
    12th|Snakelord 1|
    +6
    |
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +6
    | Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate 1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Listen +2, Spot +2, Survival 1| |animal bond, detect animals, wild empathy
    13th|Archivist 7|
    +6
    |
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +6
    | Decipher Script +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Search +1, Spellcraft +1| |lore mastery
    14th|Snakelord 2|
    +7
    |
    +11
    |
    +8
    |
    +6
    | Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Listen +2, Spot +2, Survival +1|Chameleon Hide|first totem, low light vision (2)
    15th|Archivist 8|
    +8
    |
    +12
    |
    +8
    |
    +7
    | Decipher Script +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Search +1, Spellcraft +1| |dark knowledge (foe)
    16th|Snakelord 3|
    +9
    |
    +12
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    | Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Listen +2, Spot +2, Survival +1| |wild aspect 1/day
    17th|Archivist 9|
    +9
    |
    +12
    |
    +9
    |
    +8
    | Decipher Script +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Search +1, Spellcraft +1|Practiced Spellcaster (Archivist)|dark knowledge 6/day
    18th|Snakelord 4|
    +10
    |
    +13
    |
    +10
    |
    +8
    | Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (nature) +1, Listen +2, Spot +2, Survival +1| |speak with animals
    19th|Archivist 10|
    +11
    |
    +14
    |
    +10
    |
    +9
    | Decipher Script +1, Knowledge (arcana) +1, Knowledge (history) +1, Knowledge (nature) +1, Knowledge (planes) +1, Knowledge (religion) +1, Search +1, Spellcraft +1|Spell Focus (conjuration)|

20th|Snakelord 5|
    +12
    |
    +14
    |
    +10
    |
    +9
    |Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +1, Intimidate +2, Knowledge (nature) +1, Listen +2, Spot +2, Survival +1|Cloudy Conjuration |summon animals
    [/table]

Spells per day/Spells Known
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Level|0th|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th
    3rd|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    4th|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    5th|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    6th|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    7th|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    8th|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    9th|4|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    10th|4|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|-|-
    1th|4|4|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-
    12th|4|4|4|3|-|-|-|-|-|-
    13th|4|5|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|-
    14th|4|5|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|-
    15th|4|5|4|4|3|-|-|-|-|-
    16th|4|5|4|4|3|-|-|-|-|-
    17th|4|5|5|4|3|2|-|-|-|-
    18th|4|5|5|4|3|2|-|-|-|-
    19th|4|5|5|4|4|3|-|-|-|-
    20th|4|5|5|4|4|3|-|-|-|-[/table]

Master of Vipers Emulations
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Master of Vipers abilities|Emulated by
    handfang|Archivist spell list (handfang)
    poison immunity|Snake Blood feat (bonus to poison saves)
    hold serpent|Archivist spell list (hold animal)
    ward serpent|Archivist spell list (snake barrier)
    charm serpent|Archivist spell list (charm animals)
    serpent reach|Archivist spell list (serpents of Theggeron)
    serpent dart|Archivist spell list (serpent arrow)
    summon serpent|Archivist spell list (summon monster/natures ally) and Snakelord 5
    viper swarm|Archivist spell list (summon monster/natures ally)
    great serpent|Chameleon Hide feat, wereserpent racial ability
    swarm shape|none
    translocate serpent|none[/table]

Design Notes
    Spoiler
    Show
    We all know that an Archivist can potentially get every divine spell under the gods’ green earth. So the only spells that are mentioned are the ones that specifically emulate one of the Master of Viper’s class abilities in the chart above. Having the Knowledge Devotion feat and the ability to apply dark knowledge to every type of monster adds to the Baroness’ versatility. As an afflicted wereserpent the Baroness is a lot like the yuan-ti she is emulating here. Adding the Snakelord prestige class enhances her affiliation with snakes. Less the loss of casting ability hurts but we’re sacrificing spells for more snake powers! And who would want to disappoint the Baroness’ wants?

Source List
    Spoiler
    Show
    Book of Vile Darkness: serpents of Theggeron spell
    Complete Adventurer: Snakelord prestige class
    Complete Champion: Knowledge Devotion feat
    Complete Mage: Cloudy Conjuration feat
    Heroes of Horror: Archivist class, Archivist of Nature and Draconic Archivist feats
    Oriental Adventures: snake barrier spell
    Players Guide to Faerun: Snake Blood feat
    Serpent Kingdoms: wereserpent, Chameleon Hide feat, handfang, serpent arrow spell

Spoiler
    Show
    Prizes: